Ljubicic, Blake, Davydenko [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Ljubicic, Blake, Davydenko

Jaap
10-18-2006, 10:18 PM
The sooner these losers are out of the top 10, the better. In the major tournaments, they suck. All three have never even won a masters title between them. Hopefully the likes of Murray, Djokovic, Gasquet etc will put these chokers where they belong - outside the top 10.

Adler
10-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Today's level of Top 10 is lower than it used to be in the past. But I disagree they shouldn't be in Top 10. If not them, then who...?

MarieS
10-18-2006, 10:22 PM
great, this has never been discussed before. :banana:

adee-gee
10-18-2006, 10:23 PM
Blake belongs in the top 10.

markom
10-18-2006, 10:24 PM
The sooner these losers are out of the top 10, the better. In the major tournaments, they suck. All three have never even won a masters title between them. Hopefully the likes of Murray, Djokovic, Gasquet etc will put these chokers where they belong - outside the top 10.

they have just enough points and $$$ to earn next week :)

El Legenda
10-18-2006, 10:25 PM

:haha: yeah and i belong in the NBA Hall of Fame
he sucks more than Roddick

Johnny Groove
10-18-2006, 10:27 PM

how many slam finals does Ljubo have? :p

Jaap

I don't think he does. He is very good in the MM tournaments but what has he ever actually done at a major? He has never even won a 5 setter.

The likes of Ljubo, Davydonkey and Blake are just transitional top 10 players until Murray, Djokovic, Gasquet, Berdych reach their full potential.

Jlee

Who would you suggest he be replaced by? He's won five titles this year, second only to Federer himself and tied with Rafa. Yeah, you're right. He sucks. What was I thinking?:rolleyes:

Jaap
10-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Say what you want about Roddick but at least he does it at the majors unlike the three chokers mentioned above.

Yappa
10-18-2006, 10:32 PM
Not enough hate threads for today?
So the Madrid and IW finals were just flukes, huh?

Jaap
10-18-2006, 10:33 PM
Not enough hate threads for today?
So the Madrid and IW finals were just flukes, huh?

Did he win them? :confused:

Harold Levy has reached a masters final.

Jlee
10-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Did he win them? :confused:

Harold Levy has reached a masters final.

I'm sick of all the Ljubicic bashing. The guy has had a consistent year, which is why he's top three in the world. He's solid and usually beats the people he's supposed to, but has trouble defeating those above him. (Similar to the rest of the tour actually :lol:). Is he the best player in the history of tennis or will his name be more than occasionally mentioned in the future? No. Doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be top ten right now.

I don't even like him. :lol:

DrJules
10-18-2006, 10:46 PM

Ljubicic, Blake and Davydenko all came into this event having won a tournament last week. Their defeats say more about the difficulty of winning in successive weeks.

In essence winning tournaments is what puts players in the top 10.:scratch:

DrJules
10-18-2006, 10:47 PM

See little to differentiate him from Ljubicic and Davydenko in terms of their belonging to the top 10.

bluesky_rachel
10-18-2006, 10:49 PM
The sooner these losers are out of the top 10, the better. In the major tournaments, they suck..

:confused:

They did well this year.Where were you?

adee-gee
10-18-2006, 10:52 PM
But not as much as Ljubicic, surely :)

rexman
10-18-2006, 11:18 PM
Davydenko has performed really well in Slams this year. 2 QF and a SF. No one but Roger and Rafael has more consistent results in majors.

new-york
10-18-2006, 11:35 PM
you don't get an open door all the way to the top 10.

they were playing fine last week. see, majors are not everything.

LaTenista
10-18-2006, 11:36 PM
Can we add Robredo to this list? Sure he has a Masters title, but come on, Ferrer gift wrapped it and gave it to him.

Blake is at least interesting to watch.

gogogirl
10-19-2006, 03:08 AM
All,

The three aforementioned players in the thread title have won some stuff. Why can't some get that? No - they haven't won any slams - but who has besides Fererer and Nadal once? James met Federer in IW - Miami and the U.S. Open. None of us know how well he would have fared if not for Roger.

What do some want out of these players? I'll say to my dying day - that no one can win them all - and like coach Lombardi once said as it pertains to football - on any given day - a team (player) can lose or win. What is so hard for some to comprehend about that? But never mind - I get it - these players have to win every match they play in order for them to be considered winners. What is a winner then? Does everyone have to be like Roger - like Mike - like Tiger? I mean really!

The aforementioned players have so much to feel proud about because they have showed up this year - and it matters nil if some think they suck or stink because they are held to such standards that they are never supposed to lose matches - in order for them to prove that they are good players. Pray tell which ones are great? Ah-haaaaaa - it is a subjective concept isn't it? To some this one or that one is great - and to others this one or that one isn't. Why can't we proclaim that they all have room to improve - and as long as they are still in the game?

If I were any of the aforementioned players - I'd never hang my head behind what some on a tennis board think and declare - that feel bold enough to bash away on a keyboard. After all - who is out there actually playing this pro sport and hitting a ball - and most times in a millimeter of a split second? Most times the ball comes back so fast until a player only has so much time to react. And sometimes they make it good and sometimes they don't. That is life on a tennis court - it's the way the ball bounces sometimes - and at times - it's the luck of the draw. And if some don't get that - then they never will.

I say - good going to all the players in the thread title.

"SOME OF US LOVE THE WAY Y'ALL HAVE CARRIED IT THIS YEAR - LJUBICIC - BLAKE AND DAVYDENKO" "YOU THREE WILL EXCEL AGAIN IN 2007" 'DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF":worship:

ys
10-19-2006, 03:17 AM
All winners of last week are out.. What else is new.. Who can play well two weeks in a row every day these days? Not even Federer.

nobama
10-19-2006, 03:29 AM
If these guys shouldn't be in the top 10 then who? It's not rocket science how they made the top 10.

Havok
10-19-2006, 03:30 AM
Compared to the rest of the tour at this very moment, ALL 3 deserve their top 10 ranking. Though when people finally get their acts together, Davydenko and Ljubicic will struggle to stay inside the top 10 I think. Blake is good enough, but still needs to work out some inner deamons (win a fucking 5 setter James!!).

mrserenawilliams
10-19-2006, 06:43 AM
Who would you suggest he be replaced by? He's won five titles this year, second only to Federer himself and tied with Rafa. Yeah, you're right. He sucks. What was I thinking?:rolleyes:

EXACTLY

Beat
10-19-2006, 09:10 AM
gosh, can we just get over this topic:rolleyes:

everyone who's in the top 10 deserves to be in the top 10. period.

yomike
10-19-2006, 10:28 AM
gosh, can we just get over this topic

everyone who's in the top 10 deserves to be in the top 10. period.

ditto, we can never get over this topic because the world never runs out of idiots.