what if....?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

what if....??

supersexynadal
10-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Ok, all plaers are allowed to hit the bal with any part of theire racket but i was just wondering whos point it would be if a players at the volley and the ball get stuck in the v shaped part of the racket and falls 2 seconds later??? This happened to me today:o :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

megadeth
10-17-2006, 10:11 PM
the rule says that those anomalies are good i think as long as u just committed one swinging motion (e.g. a double hit)

if it got stuck in the "v", then you walked towards the net and dropped it in, i don't think that would count as good

Carito_90
10-17-2006, 10:14 PM
It's happened to several players, but it usually stays there in the V section... And obviously, that player loses the point.

Naranoc
10-17-2006, 10:21 PM
^ Nicely summed up :)

supersexynadal
10-17-2006, 10:21 PM
It's happened to several players, but it usually stays there in the V section... And obviously, that player loses the point.

Unless they try tp chuck it out !:D

Thanks

neenah
10-17-2006, 11:03 PM
:lol: funny question, I've never considered it!

wipeout
10-17-2006, 11:32 PM
I'd throw the racquet with the ball stuck in it over the net to their side of the court. :devil:

"Go on, return this ball, go on!" :p

Although, the ball might never bounce twice or once and out if the racquet just landed flat. The opponent could pick up the racquet and throw it back! :o

Regenbogen
10-18-2006, 12:08 AM
I'd throw the racquet with the ball stuck in it over the net to their side of the court. :devil:

Although, the ball might never bounce twice or once and out if the racquet just landed flat. The opponent could pick up the racquet and throw it back! :o

:spit: :haha: :haha: :haha: Oh God.

neenah
10-18-2006, 12:09 AM

:lol:

Johnny Groove
10-18-2006, 12:54 AM
they'd play a let :shrug:

Corey Feldman
10-18-2006, 01:09 AM
on the super slow mo replays at wimbledon this year it showed one FH from federer and it was a 'double hit'
hit the top and bottom of his frame :lol:
but was impossible to see it in real time