I'm Proud of Davydenko . . . [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I'm Proud of Davydenko . . .

Radek Stepanek
10-15-2006, 07:17 PM
Safin, has always been placed higher than Davydenko, not neccesarily in the rankings, but in everyones minds for as long as I can remember. Okay, yes, there was a time when Safin was higher ranked than Davy, and won GS's, but not anymore! YET, he still considered the better player by most, despite having only reached his first final this year!

Safin was even chosen OVER Davydenko to play in the Davis Cup! Maybe it was warrant, but if I was Davydenko I would've been offended by the lack of faith my captain has in me, being such a hard working player.

So, THANKYOU Davydenko for beating Safin, and finally proving that you are not only the best Russian, but the best looking too! CHECK OUT that picture of him on ATP! Can you say hot?!

GlennMirnyi
10-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Where are Davydenko's MS and GS titles, big boy?

mer
10-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Safin was even chosen OVER Davydenko to play in the Davis Cup! Maybe it was warrant, but if I was Davydenko I would've been offended by the lack of faith my captain has in me, being such a hard working player.
:retard: Safin was chosen over Davydenko because Kolya played in China after USO and right before DC week and he hadn't enough time to recover, he was tired and not ready to play. It was obvious choice at that moment.
Edit. And actually it was Youzhny chosen over Kolya, not Safin and on Sunday Tursunov over Kolya.

Radek Stepanek
10-15-2006, 07:31 PM
:retard: Safin was chosen over Davydenko because Kolya played in China after USO and right before DC week and he hadn't enough time to recover, he was tired and not ready to play. It was obvious choice at that moment.
Edit. And actually it was Youzhny chosen over Kolya, not Safin and on Sunday Tursunov over Kolya.
Meh, I still have a point.

Radek Stepanek
10-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Where are Davydenko's MS and GS titles, big boy?
That's not what it's about, it's about Davydenko finally beating Safin!!!

mer
10-15-2006, 07:34 PM
Meh, I still have a point.
what point? The choice had nothing to do with the lack of faith in him. Had Kolya been fresh and fit enough he would have played DC without any doubt. The surface was picked because of him and Andreev.

GlennMirnyi
10-15-2006, 07:39 PM

Saretta beat Safin this year. That means anyone can do it.

mer
10-15-2006, 07:40 PM
Saretta beat Safin this year. That means anyone can do it.
also Ramires Hidalgo and Whitehouse:o

atheneglaukopis
10-15-2006, 07:40 PM
That's not what it's about, it's about Davydenko finally beating Safin!!!If by "finally" you mean to imply that he hasn't done it yet, he beat him the last time they played too. They're 2-2, with all four meetings coming this year.

Facts are such pesky little things.

Macbrother
10-15-2006, 07:55 PM
I agree with you in principle but until Davydenko gets a slam (which I just don't see happening, sorry) he's always going to be second fiddle to Safin. It also doesn't help the fact that Safin has shown the ability to trouble, and even defeat Federer at the highest levels of the game, whereas Davydenko has only managed to win 4 sets with a dismal 0-8 record against him.

Radek Stepanek
10-15-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm disappointed that most of you missed the point of this thread. It's not about comparing their careers, its about Davydenko beating Safin. This is a Russian vs. a Russian. Davydenko has always been overshadowed by Safin, and I like it when he beats him. I think it must be very sweet for Davy.

mer
10-15-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm disappointed that most of you missed the point of this thread. It's not about comparing their careers, its about Davydenko beating Safin. This is a Russian vs. a Russian. Davydenko has always been overshadowed by Safin, and I like it when he beats him. I think it must be very sweet for Davy.
if it makes you happy :hug:
and sure it was very sweet for Kolya, good for him

DrJules
10-15-2006, 08:48 PM

Davydenko is something like 0-7 against Blake and Roddick. May be part of the reason he was not chosen to play singles.

Jlee
10-15-2006, 09:02 PM

You can't look at one match and decide who's better, how they match up can affect that. Who cares if Davydenko can maybe beat Safin once when Marat is having a terrible year and losing to many random people? Safin is still the better overall player based on GS records alone.

Not to take anything away from Davydenko because it was important for him to win, but I don't think this makes him better than Safin.

lunahielo
10-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Good job, Davydenko~~~glad your hard work is paying off. :)

Adler
10-15-2006, 09:56 PM
THANK YOU Davydenko for beating Safin, and finally proving that you are [...] the best Russian
Their H2H is 2-2, and all of these matches took place this year, so I'd be careful with that statement

atheneglaukopis
10-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Their H2H is 2-2, and all of these matches took place this year, so I'd be careful with that statementSo I said too. :)

michellej
10-15-2006, 10:03 PM

When they went into the final Safin had a 2-1 record against Davydenko

So, seeing as your facts are wrong, what IS it really all about , RS?? LOL

Adler
10-15-2006, 10:04 PM
Sorry athene, didn't notice

Anyway, I really admire Davydenko and he truly deserved to win today (I saw the match). I know some guys dislike Nikolay, sometimes call him a donkey, but I guess Radek overreacted a bit

atheneglaukopis
10-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Sorry athene, didn't notice

Anyway, I really admire Davydenko and he truly deserved to win today (I saw the match). I know some guys dislike Nikolay, sometimes call him a donkey, but I guess Radek overreacted a bitNo, it's quite all right. I suspect it will take a *lot* of people pointing out the facts to make any kind of impression.

Davydenko definitely deserved to win today, and all credit to him. :)