The priorities of atptennis.com [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The priorities of atptennis.com

Fed-Express
10-15-2006, 07:08 PM
In this topic we can collect atptennis.com headlines that show their latent American bias.

Today (10/14/2006):

Ljubicic, No. 3 in the world wins a ISG tournament.
Davydenko, No. 5 in the world wins a tournament.
Blake, No. 8 in the world wins a tournament.

James Blake (USA) gets the most attention, being the first winner to show on atptennis.com.

Feel free to contribute.
(Please no attacks. I do NOT hate America (just look at my flag;). It is just an observation.)

El Legenda
10-15-2006, 07:12 PM
the order goes the way the matches finished..blake was first..davydenko 2nd and Ivan 3rd

bluefork
10-15-2006, 07:14 PM
In this topic we can collect atptennis.com headlines that show their latent American bias.

Today (10/14/2006):

Blake, No. 7 in the world wins a tournament.

James Blake (USA) gets the most attention, being the first winner to show on atptennis.com.

Feel free to contribute.
(Please no attacks. I do NOT hate America (just look at my flag;). It is just an observation.)

I think you're reading a little too much into it.

darnyelb
10-15-2006, 07:49 PM
Blake is the most popular of the three also.

WF4EVER
10-15-2006, 08:07 PM
He was the first one to complete his match. Even tho Marat's match began before his it was much longer as was the Vienna final.

Please. I seriously doubt showing Blake is a priority of the atp.

Dragula.mp3
10-15-2006, 08:12 PM

Today (10/14/2006):

Blake, No. 8 in the world wins a tournament.

Feel free to contribute.

America is a continent not a country ;)

Gulliver
10-15-2006, 08:26 PM
If you want to observe bias, check out how often Nadal's pic appears (News, Results, Stats, ATP race, on Player Profile pages.......) Been going on for ages. May be on the Doubles and Senior Tour pages too, but that's probably reserved for the Bryans and McEnroe!

Pea
10-15-2006, 10:23 PM
There has always been an American bias.:shrug:

DrJules
10-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Blake is the most popular of the three also.

Maybe some truth in that statement.

Johnny Groove
10-15-2006, 10:37 PM
because Blake is better looking that Ljubo and Davydenko and they want to advertise the best looking guys first

Adler
10-15-2006, 10:53 PM
The most handsome bald guy contest

MariaV
10-16-2006, 08:28 AM
:haha: :haha:
And who is the winner? James? ;)

Action Jackson
10-16-2006, 08:31 AM

Safin would win that.

feuselino
10-16-2006, 11:24 AM
I don't know if there is anything behind that theory, but I did notice that the "Play of the Week" thing is somewhat focused on Americans, or Roddick in particular... I think Roger hardly made it there for the past two years, maybe three times - less than Andy Roddick, for example. Also, Murray is featured there a lot... maybe they use this particular feature to promote certain players who don't get that much attention otherwise, which I understand, but Roddick and Murray? Maybe it has to do something with the big markets of the USA and the UK... Roger hit the most amazing shots during the past two years but hardly ever been the featured player in the "play of the week", while other shots that were clearly less impressive (I am biased, but still...) made it...