Why do all Ljubicic fans like Federer and all Roddick fans like Nadal? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why do all Ljubicic fans like Federer and all Roddick fans like Nadal?

marcRD
10-15-2006, 03:59 PM
I have noticed there are these kind of alliances between fans. I have never seen a Ljubicic fan who prefer Nadal against Federer, or a Roddick fan who prefers Federer against Nadal. Why is that?

I dont see any similarities between Federer and Ljubicic or Nadal and Roddick in their style of game or personality. So I wonder how these alliances started?

marcRD
10-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Also all Ljubicic fans hates Nadal and all Roddick fans hate Federer obviously..

Johnny Groove
10-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Because Ljubo fans HATE Nadal, and Federer fans HATE Nadal so they just combined their hate.

On the flip side, Nadal fans and Roddick fans cant stand Ljubo or Federer, and just combined their hate

RickDaStick
10-15-2006, 04:01 PM
I like Nadal more then Fed and I root for him everytime they play.

bluefork
10-15-2006, 04:02 PM
I have noticed there are these kind of alliances between fans. I have never seen a Ljubicic fan who prefer Nadal against Federer, or a Roddick fan who prefers Federer against Nadal. Why is that?

I dont see any similarities between Federer and Ljubicic or Nadal and Roddick in their style of game or personality. So I wonder how these alliances started?

Well, Ljubicic fans seem to hate Roddick, and since Federer is the ultimate Roddick "killer," I guess Ljubicic fans would like Federer. And maybe since Federer always beats up on Roddick, Roddick fans root for Nadal because it makes them feel better to see Nadal beat up on Federer.

That's my guess, at least.

El Legenda
10-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Ljubicic and Federer are friends off the court..

also must Ljubicic fans like Gonzalez and most Gonzo fans support Ivan :)

Johnny Groove
10-15-2006, 04:03 PM

riiiiiiiiiight :rolleyes:

El Legenda
10-15-2006, 04:04 PM

:bs:

bluefork
Also all Ljubicic fans hates Nadal and all Roddick fans hate Federer obviously..

I don't think that you can say ALL Ljubicic fans hate Nadal and ALL Roddick fans hate Federer. I like Ljubicic, but I also like Nadal.

RickDaStick
While i dont necessarily like Nadal, I Like him more then the Fed.

marcRD
Also Gasquet fans and Federer fans seems to have some kind of alliance. I have never seen a Federer fan who doesnt like gasquet.

Johnny Groove
10-15-2006, 04:06 PM
Also Gasquet fans and Federer fans seems to have some kind of alliance. I have never seen a Federer fan who doesnt like gasquet.

because the Fedfans believe that Gasquet plays like Federer and isnt a "moonballer"

They also have some stupid notion that Gasquet can beat Nadal :rolleyes:

Sjengster
10-15-2006, 04:06 PM

Hmm.... you don't see any similarity between Federer and Ljubicic on the one hand, and Nadal and Roddick on the other, in personality. Eh? :confused:

I don't think personality is the only reason, however. From what I've seen there aren't that many Roddick fans who like Nadal, there are some cretins like Veronique who seem to like living vicariously through him so they can enjoy the feeling of supporting someone who beats Federer regularly.

Conversely, quite a few Ljubicic fans seem to like Federer for his ability to beat Roddick, but they also probably wish that he didn't make it to the finals against Ivan so often. ;)

Sjengster
10-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Well, Ljubicic fans seem to hate Roddick, and since Federer is the ultimate Roddick "killer," I guess Ljubicic fans would like Federer. And maybe since Federer always beats up on Roddick, Roddick fans root for Nadal because it makes them feel better to see Nadal beat up on Federer.

That's my guess, at least.

That's basically what I was saying, only more concise. Still, there aren't really many Roddick fans who act like that, whereas there are plenty of Ljubicic fans around to gloat over a Federer defeat of Roddick. ;)

Sjengster
10-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Ljubicic and Federer are friends off the court..

also must Ljubicic fans like Gonzalez and most Gonzo fans support Ivan :)

That's certainly true for me. :)

Naranoc
10-15-2006, 04:10 PM
Roddick fans are dearly waiting for the day that he is able to defeat Federer (taking into consideration the v. one-sided h2h), and because that's unlikely to happen in the near future, they stick to the 2nd best thing, which is seeing him defeated by Nadal.

It's also known that Ljubicic prefers Federer to Nadal (see this year's RG for example) so his fans would naturally side by his buddy.

Simple :)

neenah
10-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Threads that generalize about players' fans can't turn out well..

Fed-Express
10-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Why should Ljubicic fans dislike Nadal? Just because of this year's RG comments?

Naranoc
10-15-2006, 04:26 PM
^ My comment was not about them disliking Nadal, but liking Federer more ,which is completely different. The text he sent Nadal in RG saying:

'Don't get me wrong. I would like Federer to win because I have a closer friendship with him, but that's it.'

kinda shows that :)

Fed-Express
10-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I got your comment, it was more of a general question to the thread starter and everybody who agreed with him.

Deathless Mortal
10-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I don't hate Nadal, but it's true that I don't like him. But I don't like Fedex neither. He is better than Nadal to me, but still, i don't like him. I don't now why's that.

Jadranka
10-15-2006, 04:37 PM
I like Fed more than Roddick and Nadal :)

tennis lover
10-15-2006, 04:41 PM
:wavey: I am a Roddick fan and I like federer a lot, I think he is a genius when it comes to tennis. :) I also like Nadal, but to be fair I don't hate many tennis players, I prefer to worry about the players I actually like!

Jadranka
10-15-2006, 04:43 PM
:wavey: I am a Roddick fan and I like federer a lot, I think he is a genius when it comes to tennis. :) I also like Nadal, but to be fair I don't hate many tennis players, I prefer to worry about the players I actually like!

and how about Ljubo? :lol:

blosson
10-15-2006, 04:44 PM
:scratch: There is a Federer adoration thread at Roddick's forum, are you sure his fans don't like Roger? Adam is an exception :p

Jlee
10-15-2006, 04:44 PM
Actually I'm a Roddick, Federer, and Nadal fan. It's Ljubicic that I don't like :lol:

adee-gee
10-15-2006, 04:46 PM
The real question is "why are all Ljubicic fans extremely annoying?"

Jlee
10-15-2006, 04:47 PM

:bowdown: :haha:

GlennMirnyi
10-15-2006, 04:48 PM
Easy.
Follow that: fans of Federer usually like good tennis, offensive tennis. Ljubicic plays that way, as do Gasquet. There you go.

The other part is that they hate moonballers and technically deficient players, like Nadal and Roddick.

Speaking just for myself, I hate Nadal first. I like Federer and Ljubicic and Roddick (a little less than the other two).

tennis lover
10-15-2006, 04:49 PM
and how about Ljubo? :lol:
I don't have a problem with Ljubicic either. He's not one of my favourite players but I saw him play against Gimelstob at Wimbledon this year and I enjoyed watching him. :)

Jlee
10-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Easy.
Follow that: fans of Federer usually like good tennis, offensive tennis. Ljubicic plays that way, as do Gasquet. There you go.

The other part is that they hate moonballers and technically deficient players, like Nadal and Roddick.

Speaking just for myself, I hate Nadal first. I like Federer and Ljubicic and Roddick (a little less than the other two).

I guess I'm different. I can appreciate contrasting game styles, the grit and determination and pure, raw power and energy of the Rafa game but also the classic beauty of the Federer game. I love that we've got two extremely contrasting styles dominating right now, it makes for interesting tennis.

El Legenda
10-15-2006, 04:52 PM

how much do you suck if you're getting annoyed by people in a forum

I WIN AGAIN :wavey: loser

tennis lover
10-15-2006, 04:58 PM
I guess I'm different. I can appreciate contrasting game styles, the grit and determination and pure, raw power and energy of the Rafa game but also the classic beauty of the Federer game. I love that we've got two extremely contrasting styles dominating right now, it makes for interesting tennis.
same here, I like different players for different reasons. I did'nt think you had to only like people who play in a similar style! :shrug:

Jlee
10-15-2006, 05:01 PM
same here, I like different players for different reasons. I did'nt think you had to only like people who play in a similar style! :shrug:

Exactly ;)

ugotlobbed
10-15-2006, 05:06 PM
vague assumption

DrJules
10-15-2006, 05:13 PM

A different version of the same question:

Why is adee-gee extremely annoying?:lol: :lol: :lol:

Same reasons I guess.

adee-gee
10-15-2006, 05:14 PM
A different version of the same question:

Why is adee-gee extremely annoying?:lol: :lol: :lol:

Same reasons I guess.
You're really quite obsessed with me aren't you?

Seeing as I'm nice, I'll make your year and give you a kiss.

:kiss:

adee-gee
10-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Easy.
Ljubicic plays good tennis? :spit:

supersexynadal
10-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Ljubicic plays good tennis? :spit:

He plays like an idiot playing defensively.
And his style is not like federer. A bit of intelligence would tell anyone that. Hes not a bad player. No ones a "bad" player but there are just some styles of play that are arguable like nadals.
Also, people who play on clay courts prefer clay courters and hard courters prefer blake, roddick fed etc. Thats y many people like nadal here (yes even guys:rolleyes: )
However, ljubicic has the same attitude as federer on court. The coldness and calmness they have after every point even if it was excellent. Roddick and Nadal will get pumped up (in different ways) but they both show they play with their heart.

Nadal fans also like baghdtis ;)

marcRD
10-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Also, people who play on clay courts prefer clay courters and hard courters prefer blake, roddick fed etc. Thats y many people like nadal here (yes even guys:rolleyes: )
;)

Not really, Guga fans are usually big fans of Federer and I have never seen a Federer fan who dislikes Guga. Aliances goes beyond surface, I am trying to understand what really is behind these aliances.

Clara Bow
10-15-2006, 05:52 PM
I have never seen a Federer fan who dislikes Guga

I rarely see any fans who dislike Guga, to be honest.

Allure
10-15-2006, 05:52 PM
What I noticed in many sigs are fans of Roddick are fans of Richie, which I don't understand since their styles are completely different.

El Legenda
10-15-2006, 05:53 PM
Guga RULES :)

marcRD
10-15-2006, 05:56 PM
I rarely see any fans who dislike Guga, to be honest.

True, not even Safin can compete against Guga here. Guga is impossible to dislike.

What I mean is that many former Guga fans have become Federer fans and the Fedtards seems to all aknowledge Guga outplaying Federer in RG 2004.

martinatreue
10-15-2006, 06:29 PM
I basically adore 1-handers therefore I love Gasquet, Fed, Ljubey, Gonzo, Robredo, Haas, Rochus, Justine Henin, Mauresmo (don't like Blake cuz he is phony). Don't like Nadal at all cuz i hate his style, roddick too cocky. Two-handers I like: Safin, sexy Ginepri, Hingis, Golovin.

Apemant
10-15-2006, 06:32 PM
He plays like an idiot playing defensively.
And his style is not like federer. A bit of intelligence would tell anyone that. Hes not a bad player. No ones a "bad" player but there are just some styles of play that are arguable like nadals.
However, ljubicic has the same attitude as federer on court. The coldness and calmness they have after every point even if it was excellent. Roddick and Nadal will get pumped up (in different ways) but they both show they play with their heart.

Nadal fans also like baghdtis ;)

Bad call: everyone likes Baghdatis. I prefer Fed's and Ivan's calmness - I admit - since I think too much of clearly visible pumping is sort of aimed at the opponent psyche, which I don't consider an essential part of the game of tennis. Baghdatis on the other hand, is completely different. He really plays with his heart, and even when he pumps himself (which is rare, BTW) he does it without a slightest hint of gamesmanship. Baghdatis is the man. I really like his attitude. Great guy, unless he fooled us all (and me). Hopefully its genuine though; let's be optimistic. :angel:

Jadranka
10-15-2006, 06:34 PM
false, i'm not a fan of Nadal, but of Baghdatis, sure ;)

t0x
10-15-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm a Fed fan, can't say I'm a Ljubicic fan so this counts me out of the sterotype :)

Although I don't like Nadal or Roddick too much. Nadal is just to defensive and annoying (esp. when he yells when he wins against somebody ranked nowhere). And Roddick's game just looks really 'awkward' to me (although a great serve).

Meh... everybody is different. I just know what I like to watch...

MullerGasquetFan
10-15-2006, 06:42 PM

I'm a Gasquet fan and I don't like Federer. So that's not completely true. I'm a Roddick fan and don't exactly like Nadal but I root for him. I just can't stand Federer! :mad: So that part actually has some truth to it.

Peoples
10-15-2006, 07:00 PM
I just can't stand Federer! :mad:
:haha:

Radek Stepanek
10-15-2006, 07:09 PM
You're SO wrong in this assumption.

1. I love Ljubicic.
2. I HATE Federer, or strong dislike.
3. I love Nadal.
4. Roddick is okay.

GlennMirnyi
10-15-2006, 07:16 PM
That's what makes the Fedtards different from most other fan bases: they worship at the Fed altar and turn their noses up and all other players who don't play as sublime and beautiful as him. They don't consider "the others" to be playing "real tennis." They're so dysfunctional that their self-esteem is based on how well Roger plays/wins. Kind of like, if he's a winner than I'm a winner too because I'm his No. 1 fan!!! :crazy: Their ultimate insecurity explains their bizarre obsession with Nadal and Roddick.

Poor Roger. If he ever got into a career rut like Roddick or Safin or Ferrero did, his diehard "fans" would abandon ship in 2 seconds flat. They wouldn't be able to hack it.

Federer fans used to be fans of other technical players, like Sampras, McEnroe... that's the point I think you're missing here.

Castafiore
10-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Federer fans used to be fans of other technical players, like Sampras, McEnroe... that's the point I think you're missing here.
You're making too many generalisations - as usual.

Fee
10-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Havent read the thread, sorry, but I like Andy and Roger, no opinion of Ivan, not a fan of Nadal (mostly neutral on him so far). Does that put me in the minority?

GlennMirnyi
10-15-2006, 07:28 PM
I hate Baghdatis.

markom
10-15-2006, 07:31 PM
roddick is catching on ljubo,ljubo had some chances for no. 2 before nadal defended all of his clay titles from previous year and nadal(and his fans too) is dreaming about no. 1 as well

robinhood
10-15-2006, 07:32 PM
That's what makes the Fedtards different from most other fan bases: they worship at the Fed altar and turn their noses up and all other players who don't play as sublime and beautiful as him. They don't consider "the others" to be playing "real tennis." They're so dysfunctional that their self-esteem is based on how well Roger plays/wins. Kind of like, if he's a winner than I'm a winner too because I'm his No. 1 fan!!! :crazy: Their ultimate insecurity explains their bizarre obsession with Nadal and Roddick.

Poor Roger. If he ever got into a career rut like Roddick or Safin or Ferrero did, his diehard "fans" would abandon ship in 2 seconds flat. They wouldn't be able to hack it.

:cuckoo:

robinhood
10-15-2006, 07:35 PM
Obviously I like Federer a lot.
Safin :hearts:, Guga, Baghdatis, Gasquet, like'em all very much.

Okay with Ljubicic.
Nadal, so-so.
Roddick, I have no problem with until I see him play again.

robinhood
10-15-2006, 07:37 PM
I hate Baghdatis.

WAIT! Nobody dislikes Guga, Marat, and Baggy.
Isn't it a MTF law or something?

GlennMirnyi
10-15-2006, 07:40 PM

Again, I HATE Baghdatis.

I love Kuerten and Safin, though, but because of their games, not their personas.

robinhood
10-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Again, I HATE Baghdatis.

I love Kuerten and Safin, though, but because of their games, not their personas.

Okie Dokie.

s.m.
10-15-2006, 07:57 PM

ridiculous statement
i prefer nadal over roger

Blue Heart24
10-15-2006, 08:03 PM

Yep,i hate Nadal :p

Metis
10-15-2006, 08:05 PM
There is no player that I actually hate or even dislike*. But I like the 4 players that are the subject of this thread in the following order:

Nadal
Federer
Roddick
Ljubicic (not that crazy about him ;) )

*Correction:except for Sharapova; I have tried really hard to like her but to no avail... :(

Metis
10-15-2006, 08:07 PM
I hate Baghdatis.
Did you lose a lot of $$$ last week because of him? :p

Macbrother
10-15-2006, 08:09 PM
Yeah this is pretty much nonsense. Federer is my favorite, and I don't particularly care for either Ljubicic or Gasquet. I'm ok with Nadal, I find him "annoying" at times, but I respect his passion, determination, and find his tennis exciting. I like Roddick, Blake, and Baghdatis, don't really care for Safin or Guga.

Pea
10-15-2006, 09:18 PM
I like Nadal. Loathe rodduck. Sorry to debunk this.

Rogiman
10-15-2006, 10:58 PM
What I mean is that many former Guga fans have become Federer fans and the Fedtards seems to all aknowledge Guga outplaying Federer in RG 2004.Yes, I haven't yet found a single Federer fan who feels bitter about that defeat to Guga, Fed was totally outplayed that day and it was one hell of a claycourt tennis lesson.
If anything, I feel sorry that Guga didn't go on to win his 4th RG that year.

My guess is that we all like Guga because he made claycourt tennis look spectacular, playing like a man (unlike the current "king of clay" who plays like a coward) - with big serves and backhands and winners all over the place - I guess that's how Fed would play if he grew up playing mainly on clay.

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-15-2006, 11:14 PM
My guess is that we all like Guga because he made claycourt tennis look spectacular, playing like a man (unlike the current "king of clay" who plays like a coward) - with big serves and backhands and winners all over the place - I guess that's how Fed would play if he grew up playing mainly on clay.

Ballet tennis isn't manly.

Grit, determination and fire are manly.

Rogiman
10-15-2006, 11:20 PM
Grit, determination and fire are manly.These are great characteristics to have, if you're going to chop some wood.

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-15-2006, 11:22 PM
These are great characteristics to have, if you're going to chop some wood.

Tennis is a sport, not a leisure sport where you need to be artistic.

Rogiman
10-15-2006, 11:29 PM
Tennis is a sport, not a leisure sport where you need to be artistic.Standing miles behind the baseline and defending for the entire match doesn't make you a man, it makes you coward.

Attacking and hitting winners is the trademark of 1st class men's tennis - Guga did that, Fed does that, and hopefully the next #1 player will do that too ;)

cobalt60
10-15-2006, 11:30 PM
Hmm guess this thread doesn't apply to me. I am a roddick fan who prefers Federer. What do you call that?;)

Johnny Groove
10-15-2006, 11:32 PM
Hmm guess this thread doesn't apply to me. I am a roddick fan who prefers Federer. What do you call that?;)

a witch! :armed:

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-15-2006, 11:54 PM
Standing miles behind the baseline and defending for the entire match doesn't make you a man, it makes you coward.

Attacking and hitting winners is the trademark of 1st class men's tennis - Guga did that, Fed does that, and hopefully the next #1 player will do that too

You must be a conservative.
Attack with no thought or logic. Just keep attacking.
Defense is more effective, ask people who coach other sports.

RickDaStick
10-15-2006, 11:58 PM
You must be a conservative.
Attack with no thought or logic. Just keep attacking.
Defense is more effective, ask people who coach other sports.

Wow. You are comparing defense in tennis to defense in sports such as football and basketball.:retard:

robinhood
10-16-2006, 12:09 AM

An outcast :sad:

atheneglaukopis
10-16-2006, 12:17 AM

An outcast :sad:A freak. :lol:

star
10-16-2006, 12:28 AM
Not really, Guga fans are usually big fans of Federer and I have never seen a Federer fan who dislikes Guga. Aliances goes beyond surface, I am trying to understand what really is behind these aliances.

Good thing you said "usually." Guga is my favorite (unretired) player. I'm not a Federer fan at all.

There are a couple of Guga fans who loathe and despise Nadal. They don't speak for all Guga fans.

star
10-16-2006, 12:33 AM
What I noticed in many sigs are fans of Roddick are fans of Richie, which I don't understand since their styles are completely different.

I think you may not be accounting for the fact that there are many things that go into liking a player that are beyond their playing styles. I like Guga and Coria but also PimPim and Roddick. I don't base who I like on just how they play but how they stir me when they take the court... or sometimes for the way I percieve them to be off the court.... It's a lot of things.

star
10-16-2006, 12:36 AM

:lol: I know at least one Federer fan who couldn't stand Sampras. I think there are others as well.

Merton
10-16-2006, 12:39 AM
I doubt there is any real causality. It is the case that the most lound people on MTF are more memorable, hence it creates a sense of a relation.

tiptop
10-16-2006, 01:13 AM
wow mtf is complicated. as for me: i love guga and federer, i really like safin and baghdatis, i like ljubicic and gasquet, i don't care about roddick and i dislike nadals game (though i think, he is probably a nice guy).

Allure
10-16-2006, 01:19 AM
These are great characteristics to have, if you're going to chop some wood.

:haha:

~*BGT*~
10-16-2006, 01:50 AM
I'm a Roddick fan and a Nadal rooter as well. Ljube and Fed are two of my least liked, so i guess this is true for me.

Metis
10-16-2006, 02:08 AM
Grit, determination and fire are manly.
You are tragically mistaken. These qualities are not characteristic of a particular gender. They can describe both women and men. (In fact, in many languages those words are of female gender) :)

World Beater
10-16-2006, 02:08 AM
I think you may not be accounting for the fact that there are many things that go into liking a player that are beyond their playing styles. I like Guga and Coria but also PimPim and Roddick. I don't base who I like on just how they play but how they stir me when they take the court... or sometimes for the way I percieve them to be off the court.... It's a lot of things.

indeed...the quality of a players' pout factors greatly into one's appreciation of a tennis player.;)

ezekiel
10-16-2006, 02:18 AM

It's just a primal instinct, Ljubi croatian fans think that Fed is untouchable andNadal too young and vulnerable so there is false hope he can get by him . Roddick fans like that someone beats Fed . Just a simple psychology from people who probably don't even care about the game

+alonso
10-16-2006, 03:13 AM
the fun is in the variety!

it would be soo boring to have this type of rules :rolls:

just mtf laws are applyable! :p and as far as i know, this isn't one

mandoura
10-16-2006, 04:21 AM
Actually I'm a Roddick, Federer, and Nadal fan. It's Ljubicic that I don't like :lol:

Exactly the same here. However, I try not to show my dislike to Ljubicic because I like his #1 fan, Ducky aka Jerry Seinfeld, a lot. :)

Action Jackson
10-16-2006, 07:30 AM
Cause stereotyping is fun.

I don't mind Federer, Nadal and Ljubicic within varying degrees and as for Roddick, well I am never going to like him.

The fun part is where there are players that you like and many of the fans you don't.

Apemant
10-16-2006, 07:40 AM
^ Spot on.

I like Fed and Ljubo, have nothing against A-Rod or Nadal, but most obnoxious fans of either of those 4 drive me nuts sometimes. :rolleyes:

Action Jackson
10-16-2006, 07:42 AM
^ Spot on.

I like Fed and Ljubo, have nothing against A-Rod or Nadal, but most obnoxious fans of either of those 4 drive me nuts sometimes. :rolleyes:

Then again there are always knucklehead fans within any fanbase, it's just the question of how many and how vocal they are.

MariaV
10-16-2006, 08:13 AM

Yeah, all diehard Marat fans who have stayed with him through thick and thin must be nuts. At least most of us are, I guess. :lol:
I like contrasting styles of play too btw, that's what makes tennis interesting.

Mimi
10-16-2006, 08:28 AM
the mighty roger beat roddick too many times, while nadal can do what roddick cannot do at the moment: beat roger 6 times, so roddick fans love nadal who takes the revenge over roger :devil:

as for Ivan, may be we are wrong, but it seems that he does not like too much nadal, and so his fans don't like him, as for why they like Roger as well? may be its because they wish roger to beat nadal for ivan ;)

~*BGT*~
10-16-2006, 12:01 PM

It's the booty. :p

http://www.indya.com/wimbledon/images/andy_roddick2706.jpg

http://www.acquistagabri.it/Barletta_2005_PartyGasquet.jpg

Apemant
10-16-2006, 12:55 PM
Then again there are always knucklehead fans within any fanbase, it's just the question of how many and how vocal they are.

Agree to some extent; but then again, fans of someone not very successful can't be too vocal unless they are complete nutcases, in which case I even find them funny most of the time. It's precisely fans of people on top of the list (or near the top) that usually gloat too much over their favorite's victories, or overpraise their success and/or abilities - while doing exactly the opposite for those who they dislike. You know what I mean. ;)

Peta Pan
10-16-2006, 01:10 PM
:sad: :bigcry: Adaaaam :(:(:(

:o I don't like Kuerten or Safin and I tolerate Baghdatis but I'm not a fan (his coach on the other hand :drool: ).

Onto the topic at hand... I LOVE Ljubo and I like Roddick. I don't like Federer or Nadal :shrug:

I guess I'm in the real minority

mandoura
10-16-2006, 03:25 PM
:lol: I know at least one Federer fan who couldn't stand Sampras. I think there are others as well.

And I know another one ;) .

cobalt60
10-16-2006, 03:26 PM
And I know another one ;) .

:) Count me in as well.:p

tangerine_dream
10-16-2006, 03:28 PM
Exactly the same here. However, I try not to show my dislike to Ljubicic because I like his #1 fan, Ducky aka Jerry Seinfeld, a lot. :)
I like Jerry too but that doesn't stop me from shitting all over his clown hero. :p

safinalium
10-16-2006, 03:37 PM
i don't know why it's like that but i've noticed also that a lot of nadal fans hate federer. it's really stupid. also the second favourite player of almost all safin fans is federer. and safin fans usually don't like nadal. :devil: it's just like that.

vincayou
10-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Ljubo fan don't see Federer as a rival but see Nadal as one for the 2nd best in the world.

Roddick fan expect Nadal to derail the Fed Express so that Andy can win a slam again.

Sunset of Age
10-16-2006, 03:49 PM
http://www.protennisfan.com/images/nadalljubicic.jpg

Can't we all just get along? :angel:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :angel:

And some idiots over here even love BOTH Fed and Rafa! :ras: :silly:

J. Corwin
10-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Roddick fan expect Nadal to derail the Fed Express so that Andy can win a slam again.

Doubt Nadal would have made the USO final. ;)

chewy
10-16-2006, 03:57 PM
im not a huge fan of any of the four players mentioned...but for some reason i do prefer to watch Lju and Fed in a tennis match if i had to choose.

ezekiel
10-16-2006, 03:58 PM
wishful tinking says he'd never make Wimbledon final either but anyway

mandoura
10-16-2006, 04:09 PM
I like Jerry too but that doesn't stop me from shitting all over his clown hero. :p

:lol: I do too from time to time but try to keep it to a minimum for Ducky's sake ;) . If I go full speed, there will be no way to stop me. :D

~Jin~
10-16-2006, 04:25 PM
I both like Federer and Roddick. Ljubicic is ok. I just don't like Nadal.

MariaV
10-16-2006, 04:59 PM
i don't know why it's like that but i've noticed also that a lot of nadal fans hate federer. it's really stupid. also the second favourite player of almost all safin fans is federer. and safin fans usually don't like nadal. :devil: it's just like that.

I am a diehard Safin fan and LOVE Rafa. :hearts: So my second favourite is not Fed the God. ;) I do respect him though. :wavey:
Love your username btw! :yeah: I bet you've visited our Safinalium thread. ;)

MariaV
10-16-2006, 05:00 PM
:lol: I do too from time to time but try to keep it to a minimum for Ducky's sake ;) . If I go full speed, there will be no way to stop me. :D

Oh Mando Mando... :eek:
I refrain myself for Ducky's sake too. ;)

Deboogle!.
10-16-2006, 05:58 PM
Roddick fan here who doesn't like Rafa at all :wavey:

El Legenda
10-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Ljubicic fan here who doesn't like Roddick at all :wavey:

because Roddick sucks

princediablo
10-16-2006, 06:29 PM
I like Roddick and I hate Nadal and Ljubicic, and neutral towards Fed.

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-16-2006, 06:52 PM
I like Nadal.
I am neutral to Roddick.
I dislike but respect Federer.
I dislike and don't respcet Lluboho.

I type of fit the formula.

euroka1
10-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Ljubo fan don't see Federer as a rival but see Nadal as one for the 2nd best in the world.

Right on! :worship: :D

Deboogle!.
10-16-2006, 07:55 PM
You like Gasquet though, yes? Not that this means anything. :lol:Love Gasquet :)

Corey Feldman
10-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Love fed, like and kinda respect ljub and a-rod.. i dont mind A-Rod (he's good for the game) but i do like to laugh at his losses and his bratty macho on court side & same with Ljubo and his whining/excuse making :lol:

Fumus
10-16-2006, 08:48 PM
Andy fans probably don't enjoy Llubo because of the things he said about Roddick in the past, and some of the tight matches they have played and Roddick has lost, recently. Federer fans won't share those feelings. Also, Roddick fans might like Nadal because he has been able to do to Federer what, Federer has done to Roddick and Roddick fans hate what Federer has done to Roddick in terms of titles he could have won.

However, I doughnut think you generalize all fans. (Yes I meant to type doughnut...it's style)

Perhaps one tennis fan only likes watching one player and dislikes the rest and yet another likes watching different players equally. In fact what makes a person like a player has much to do with that persons own personality and less to do with the actual player themselves. It's not like a movie, just because you like one player of the big serve and forehand genre doesn't mean you will like them all, or you like a player of the intense emotion/gritty fighter genre doesn't mean, you will like them all. To each his/her own! I assure you as infinitesimally different as we all are as people I find it absolutely impossible that everyone who likes watching one player therefore must like watching another.

Action Jackson
10-17-2006, 02:43 AM
Agree to some extent; but then again, fans of someone not very successful can't be too vocal unless they are complete nutcases, in which case I even find them funny most of the time. It's precisely fans of people on top of the list (or near the top) that usually gloat too much over their favorite's victories, or overpraise their success and/or abilities - while doing exactly the opposite for those who they dislike. You know what I mean. ;)

I know exactly what you mean. It's like football fans usually the fans of the major clubs are a lot worse like Real Madrid, Juventus, Man Utd etc etc than the ones who are used to not winning that often.

As one of the great MTF laws says making sense is optional.

El Legenda
10-17-2006, 02:59 AM
As one of the great MTF laws says making sense is optional.

but if everyone made sense..a lot of people on MTF would be :confused:

:p

Action Jackson
10-17-2006, 03:03 AM
but if everyone made sense..a lot of people on MTF would be :confused:

:p

Hence why it's optional:)

GlennMirnyi
10-17-2006, 03:05 AM
Ahhhhh.. now I get it, so must we make sense then? I don't like it... too hard.

Action Jackson
10-17-2006, 03:07 AM
Ahhhhh.. now I get it, so must we make sense then? I don't like it... too hard.

No, MTF would crash if that happened.

GlennMirnyi
10-17-2006, 03:10 AM
No, MTF would crash if that happened.

Ohhh, I see. So I will just keep it the way it is.