Enhorabuena! Feña will cook a lot of paellas and tortillas de papa in Madrid! VAMOS!! [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

Enhorabuena! Feña will cook a lot of paellas and tortillas de papa in Madrid! VAMOS!!

Pages : 1 [2]

FelipeMIA89
10-22-2006, 02:14 AM
I CAN'T WAIT!!! I HAVE A GOOD FEELING ABOUT TOMORROW!!! VAMOS GONZO!! YOU CAN DO IT!!

NancyIsabelle
10-22-2006, 03:02 AM
I am very happy for your Fernando ! Wish you good luck for tomorrow against Federer ! It's great to see you in the final. Buena suerte !

NancyIsabelle
10-22-2006, 03:03 AM
Me too, Felipe, I have a good feeling, just as I had a bad feeling for Rafa this year in Madrid. So GOGO GONZO !!!

10-22-2006, 04:09 AM
Congrats to Gonzo on his win today :) I worried about his shoulder the whole time while he just kept winning Matches :D

enqvistfan
10-22-2006, 08:23 AM
Thanks Rogifan for the ESPN interview, interesting :)

enqvistfan
10-22-2006, 09:52 AM
[From Marca.com]

TODO EL MADRID ARENA PITÓ A TOMAS BERDYCH ANTE EL CHILENO

Fernando González: "El público me ayudó un montón"
Fernando González, feliz por alcanzar la final del Mutua Madrileña Masters Madrid, afirmó que había sido un partido extraño, por el comportamiento del público hacía el checo Tomas Berdych, pero que a él le benefició y por eso terminó arrollándolo. "El público me ayudó un montón y perjudicó mucho a mi rival", dijo González.

"Es muy fuerte entrar en un estadio y que por el error que cometió ante Nadal, le pitasen de esa forma, incluso en el peloteo. Es duro jugar así, pero a mí me fue muy bien y le estoy muy agradecido". El chileno comparó el partido con uno de Copa Davis. "Lo que más me gusta jugar es la Copa Davis. Aquí fue fuerte, tuve la suerte de que la gente estuvo conmigo, pero me encanta que la gente disfrute".

"Hoy jugué un partido increíble, porque en los anteriores no me sentí así. Fue una suerte que mi rival en cuartos (Joaquim Johansson) se retirara porque estaba cansado y eso me hizo recuperar el aliento", dijo el chileno que lleva trabajando con el entrenador estadounidense Larry Stefanki desde hace cinco meses. "Me ha hecho mejorar mi juego, mi revés ha mejorado mucho y soy más sólido", señaló.

Le conviene el juego de Berdych
"Jugué muy bien, lo pasé por encima", reiteró González sobre Berdych. "El es un jugador cuyo juego me viene muy bien y el mío le molesta, por eso le hago sentir incómodo, ese es mi objetivo". "Saqué muy bien, devolví muy bien, y sentí la pelota porque en otros partidos me sucedió lo contrario. Sacando así te da una tranquilidad increíble", puntualizó el chileno.

"Ahora quiero ganar partidos, y lo estoy pasando bien en la cancha", dijo González que con la victoria de hoy se coloca noveno en la lista para la Copa Masters de Shanghai. González recordó que también ha perdido peso, aunque admitió que eso a veces es una contrariedad. "Si pierdes peso, pierdes fuerza. Es bueno por otra parte para los partidos y los intercambios largos"., dijo.

Sobre su rival en la final, el suizo Roger Federer, admitió que será un escollo muy difícil. "Federer tiene pocas debilidades, quizás alguna, pero lo que tengo claro es que tengo que salir a ganar el partido, no a esperar su juego, porque si lo hago te arrolla", señaló.

Blue Heart24
10-22-2006, 09:59 AM
OMG!!! FERNANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :bigclap: :woohoo: :banana:!!!!!

This is so great!!!! his first Masters Series final!!!!!! :worship: :bigclap: :woohoo:

Fernando was in total control of the match and Berdych couldn't do anything.
Although the crowd really got into Berdych's head, credit to Fernando for still keep playing so well, very concentrate and didn't let him get into the match. :worship:
I know it wasn't nice for Berdych but it was so great to hear all the crowd with Fernando and at the end yelling OLE OLE OLE CHILE CHILE!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

FERNANDO!!!!!! so proud and happy for you!!! :hug:

http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/froehlich/b020.gif http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/froehlich/b010.gif :woohoo: http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/froehlich/a060.gif http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/froehlich/a060.gif

I'm happy for Fernando too!He deserved it!:bigclap: But then i remember last year's Madrid,when Ivan was in final :bowdown: And i remember FANTASTIC MATCH IN QUARTERS,against Fernando,Fernando had 4-6 1-2* lead but Ivan won....I was so damn happy then,and a win against Nalby in semis,and a thriller against Nadal..Today,all these things make me :sad: :sad: :sad:
Hope you guys won't be angry because I mentioned Ljubo in this post,I'm honest ,Ivan is my No.1,and Fernando became my No.2.....

Blue Heart24
10-22-2006, 10:01 AM
Please Feña,make me happy today and beat Federer...please...i know you can do it....if he'll play his best,he can do it.....even head to head is 0-7 :lol:

NicoFan
10-22-2006, 01:19 PM
I'm nervous!

But I know he can do it!!!! :fiery:

I re-watched his match against Tomas again last evening. He looked so awesome! :bounce:

FelipeMIA89
10-22-2006, 02:14 PM
VAMOS!!!

Sparko1030
10-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Fernando is down 2 sets. After a close first set loss of 5-7, Fena must have loss concentration or something in the 2nd and lost it 1-6. Shake it off Fernando and take the 3rd set!!!

VAMOOSSS FERNANDO!!!!

NicoFan
10-22-2006, 04:12 PM
:bigcry:

Quelle nightmare.

The first set was soooo close. He was playing so well, I thought he had a huge chance.

But he's lost his belief in his game.

Poor sweetheart. :hug: :hug:

Sparko1030
10-22-2006, 04:21 PM
:sad: I was wondering what happened to him Nicofan-I guess at least its not his shoulder/back but loss of confidnece is just as devistating. Playing Roger often seems to have the effect on players.....

0-5 in the 3rd, Roger serving for the match.....

NicoFan
10-22-2006, 04:29 PM
He lost.

I just feel for him. What a nightmare for him. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sparko - he did have a trainer come out - it seemed more his arm. But I think it was more that he lost confidence in himself. Fed was playing so well too.

Sparko1030
10-22-2006, 04:29 PM
Once again proving he never gives up, Fena is threatened a break when Roger was serving for the match but alas....5-7,1-6,0-6.....:sobbing:

Once again a great week for Fernando though and he is getting closer to the magic #8 in the Shanghi race. :yeah:

Sparko1030
10-22-2006, 04:36 PM
He lost.

I just feel for him. What a nightmare for him. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sparko - he did have a trainer come out - it seemed more his arm. But I think it was more that he lost confidence in himself. Fed was playing so well too.

Thanks for the info Nicofan. I hope its not serious...Poor Fernando,a match best soon forgotten....:hug:

And Gonzofan :hug:

doris_hdz
10-22-2006, 04:52 PM
sin comentarios..me quedo lejos con el primer set........:sad::help:

que te paso Feña en el 2 y 3 set?????

bueno por lo menos llegaste a la final.....

Vamos Feña...!!! aunque el llamado al trainer me dejo preocupada...!!!!

GonzoFan
10-22-2006, 04:54 PM
Sad for the loss :awww:
The first set was so close with Fernando playing great but then in the *5-6 some mistakes costed him the set and then in the second and third well I guess the score says it all. Althought Fernando was having some problems again in the arm/shoulder and was just out the match and in addition Fed was playing great, well, as always.

I hope he takes some rest now.

What I have to say is that I'm so proud and happy for him!!! :worship: Making his first Masters Series final, reaching the 7th position in the rankings and still there in the fight for a spot for Shangai!!! :worship: :bigclap: :hug:

Fernando!!! :worship: :hug: :worship: Always always supporting you!!! :rocker2: VAMOS!!!!!!!!!!

And Gonzofan :hug:

:) :hug:

NicoFan
10-22-2006, 04:56 PM
Well, I cried during the ceremony when he was talking. :sad:

But it was nice to see that he could smile. And he got Fed good with the champaygne (spelling?). :lol:

King Fed is a classy guy though - when I'm wrong, I'm wrong. :lol: I used to think he was arrogant, but he's not. Just knows he good....how could he not.

So congrats to Fernando for doing such a great job at Madrid. :yeah: And no shame at losing to the King of tennis.

RogiFan88
10-22-2006, 05:00 PM
It's sad to see Fena get the trainer [watching live Chinese video as we didn't get this match... :ras:] for his R arm and shoulder... he seemed to have the winds taken out of his sails during the 2nd set and then the 3rd altho he pushed Rogi in that 2nd game after being broken.

But Fena had a great week, making his first TMS final and he was smiling, like a gracious loser that he is, during the ceremony -- cute as always!

I hated to see him get bagelled tho... poor guy but he has so many fans in Madrid, which is great! They chanted for him in the 3rd when he really needed the support.

I gather the crowd was fair today.

I didn't see Rogi and Fena spraying champagne all over each other but it sounded cute!

Hope Fena's shoulder will be OK for Basel, but at least he has gained pts in Madrid and in Vienna!!

We want Fena in Shanghai!!

NicoFan
10-22-2006, 05:00 PM
I hope he takes some rest now.

He can't rest. :sad:

He's so close to getting into Shanghai and he has too many points to defend to skip Basel.

RogiFan88
10-22-2006, 05:02 PM
NF, lots of respect betw Fena and Rogi!

RogiFan88
10-22-2006, 05:03 PM
at least Fena pushed Rogi in the 1st set, which I didn't see

RogiFan88
10-22-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm nervous!

But I know he can do it!!!! :fiery:

I re-watched his match against Tomas again last evening. He looked so awesome! :bounce:

didn't he though? ;) :worship:

enqvistfan
10-22-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm sad for Fernando :sad:
He seemed to suffer with his shoulder :(
Was great to see him smile at the trophee ceremony :)
Anyway, great weeks in Vienna and Madrid, congratulations :) :)

+alonso
10-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Awesome two weeks neverthless! :worship: Great Feña, congrats on getting into the top 7, and reaching your 1st TMS final

Keep on going

Fergie
10-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Feñita :hug:

PoderShileno
10-22-2006, 05:28 PM
Feña :hug:

RogiFan88
10-22-2006, 05:31 PM
such cute screencaps of Fena in alexito's thread!

ChinoRios4Ever
10-22-2006, 05:40 PM
too sad :sad:
roger :worship:

Alx
10-22-2006, 05:51 PM
I feel sorry for Fernando :hug: about the score in 2nd and 3rd sets after his good 1st set but congrats to him for his great week :worship:

It would probably be better for him to take rest but he's too close to qualify for Shangai for taking the risk that his opponents take points and not him. :shrug:

enqvistfan
10-22-2006, 06:46 PM
Some audio interviews on the ATP Website :)

http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/audio/

I♥PsY@Mus!c
10-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Still a nice week coz this is his first AMS final! :)

10-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Yes I'm proud of Fena :worship: It was a great week for him especially with a shoulder problem. And what can a player do against Federer?

*Viva Chile*
10-22-2006, 10:52 PM
I'm really sad, I thought that Feña will fight more, but after first he was totally out of gas, then the elbow thing and he missed on the court. For other side, it was 2 great weeks and we have to still proud of Gonzo, so a huge :hug: to him.

Anyone knows if he finally will play on Basel?? it might be dangerous if he plays too many consecutive matches :scared: for other side, we know Paris courts never like to Feña, but Paris give more points to Shanghai, so what do you think is the better choice? withdraw from Basel? or Playing in Basel no wonder how far he could go?

Sparko1030
10-23-2006, 02:03 AM
Tough question Viva Chile.....I wish he could have the luxury of being able to skip Basel BUT I'm not sure he can at this point....He took so much time off in Sept-which has paid off for him, but the reality is now he is running out of time to get the points he needs to make Shanghi. I just hope his shoulder/back hold out for him. I just don't think he has a choice if he wants to reach his goal for the year now.

enqvistfan
10-23-2006, 09:03 AM
I think the withdrawal or not will depend on the program of his direct opponents. If they play this week, he'll have to play to gain some points unfortunately. His direct opponents who won't play this week are Blake, Roddick and Ljubo, and the ones who are closer than him in the rankings, will play, so.. tactically, it would be better for him to play, but maybe he won't win again the final in the aim to be in a good shape for Paris, as you said, Viva Chile, he can win more points than in Basel.