Ljubo and Roddick back at it again [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Ljubo and Roddick back at it again

RickDaStick
10-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Ljubicic objected to Roddick's suggestion that the court needs to be quicker.

"I think everytime when you lose you have to complain of something," he said. "The court is unusually slow, but because the air is dry in the arena and balls are fairly quick, I think it is a perfect combination. If you put a quicker court in these conditions, it would be absolutely unplayable. If I cannot lose serve in 9 matches it means it is not slow, otherwise I would lose a lot of serves."

SLICK
10-14-2006, 04:29 PM
Don't think Ljubicic likes Roddick much.
http://www.inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=news&id=2069

Horatio Caine
10-14-2006, 04:30 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: ...and what does Ljubo do when he loses? Complain! :rolleyes:

GlennMirnyi
10-14-2006, 04:30 PM

"I think everytime when you lose you have to complain of something," he said. "The court is unusually slow, but because the air is dry in the arena and balls are fairly quick, I think it is a perfect combination. If you put a quicker court in these conditions, it would be absolutely unplayable. If I cannot lose serve in 9 matches it means it is not slow, otherwise I would lose a lot of serves."

Ljubicic's being silly. Of course Vienna's surface is slow.

ezekiel
10-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Ljubi just wants to be a dick

denibas77
10-14-2006, 04:35 PM
Not a fan of Roddick ,but I think he has a point ,after watching kremlin cup on eurosport this looks like a slow court

DrJules
10-14-2006, 04:35 PM
Ljubicic's being silly. Of course Vienna's surface is slow.

Ljubici holding serve for 9 matches in a row certainly does not indicate a slow court. Medium paced would be more accurate.

El Legenda
10-14-2006, 04:36 PM
what wrong with what he said...Roddick is an idiot and Ivan just pointed that out :wavey:

DrJules
10-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Not a fan of Roddick ,but I think he has a point ,after watching kremlin cup on eurosport this looks like a slow court

Please explain why Ljubicic has not lost his serve in the last 8 matches played at this venue?

GlennMirnyi
10-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Ljubici holding serve for 9 matches in a row certainly does not indicate a slow court. Medium paced would be more accurate.

Slow like Madrid.

Watch a match of Kremlin Cup and come back so we can discuss it.

Action Jackson
10-14-2006, 04:40 PM
Slow like Madrid.

Watch a match of Kremlin Cup and come back so we can discuss it.

Considering one is carpet and the other one isn't, it would not be an accurate comparison.

MarieS
10-14-2006, 04:49 PM
Don't you mean Ljubo back at it again? and this is kind of ironic since all ivan does is whine after he loses a match.
Not a fan of Roddick, but the court IS slow and this is kind of getting to be childish.

GlennMirnyi
10-14-2006, 04:50 PM
Considering one is carpet and the other one isn't, it would not be an accurate comparison.

The point is that people usually have no idea, nowadays, of what is a fast surface. Some people think only clay is slow and everything not clay MUST be fast. That's :bs:

El Legenda
Don't you mean Ljubo back at it again? and this is kind of ironic since all ivan does is whine after he loses a match.
Not a fan of Roddick, but the court IS slow and this is kind of getting to be childish.

i think he is talking from experience when it comes to the complaining part , you :retard:
and have you played on the court? Ivan is 9-0 on that court..he knows more about it that you jackass.

I win

Sjengster
"I think every time when you lose you have to complain of something".... Ljube, I love you, but I do hope the irony isn't lost on you.

El Legenda
:)

RickDaStick
10-14-2006, 04:52 PM

And how many times have you played on the court? Ivan won last year and is in the finals again this year so if he says the court isn't slow then im gona take his word over yours. Also Ivan not losing serve in 9 straight matches there shows the court IS NOT slow.

Action Jackson
10-14-2006, 04:53 PM
The point is that people usually have no idea, nowadays, of what is a fast surface. Some people think only clay is slow and everything not clay MUST be fast. That's :bs:

Well not all clay courts are slow, just like not all hardcourts are fast or slow. It's not difficult to adjust the surfaces. You have to understand I have seen the worst of indoor tennis when you couldn't see the ball cause they didn't have the right colour of the court and when they were just serve fests and the Minsk Davis Cup ice rink was par for the course, it was just a question of waiting for the tiebreaker, some like that and others don't.

El Legenda
10-14-2006, 04:54 PM
"I think every time when you lose you have to complain of something".... Ljube, I love you, but I do hope the irony isn't lost on you.

i said that because, he knows he does it too...every player should get 1 hour after match to calm down :lol:

Action Jackson
10-14-2006, 04:55 PM

I think he is aware of it, there aren't many players who straight away can admit they were outplayed.

denibas77
Please explain why Ljubicic has not lost his serve in the last 8 matches played at this venue?

please explain me why he made RG semifinal,Moscow court is faster

GlennMirnyi
Well not all clay courts are slow, just like not all hardcourts are fast or slow. It's not difficult to adjust the surfaces. You have to understand I have seen the worst of indoor tennis when you couldn't see the ball cause they didn't have the right colour of the court and when they were just serve fests and the Minsk Davis Cup ice rink was par for the course, it was just a question of waiting for the tiebreaker, some like that and others don't.

Slow courts only favours players with little technique.

El Legenda
Has Roddick said anything about the court after his wins?

RickDaStick
10-14-2006, 04:56 PM
please explain me why he made RG semifinal,Moscow court is faster

And an ice rink would be faster then Moscow, so what's your point?

Action Jackson
10-14-2006, 04:57 PM

Far from it, that is just a simple generalisation. There are players with poor technique that do well on fast surfaces, it goes both ways.

GlennMirnyi
10-14-2006, 04:57 PM
He's trying to say that it's not because Ljubo is winning matches that the court is fast.

GlennMirnyi
10-14-2006, 04:58 PM
Far from it, that is just a simple generalisation. There are players with poor technique that do well on fast surfaces, it goes both ways.

90% of times it's true. 85% of the baseliners today can't volley and someone that can't volley has no idea of technique.

Action Jackson
10-14-2006, 05:01 PM
90% of times it's true. 85% of the baseliners today can't volley and someone that can't volley has no idea of technique.

Karlovic and Roddick don't have much technique they do better on fast surfaces. Gaudio and Rios have excellent technique and were better on slower surfaces, then there are players like Federer, Nalbandian who can play on all surfaces.

Agassi was a hideous volleyer, but he was technically sound from the ground.

denibas77
10-14-2006, 05:02 PM
He's trying to say that it's not because Ljubo is winning matches that the court is fast.

SHE trying to say what you just said

DrJules
10-14-2006, 05:04 PM

Probably more related to player's reaction speeds.

It is easier for somebody with fast reactions to adjust to a slower court than a player with slower reactions to adjust to a faster speed.

GlennMirnyi
10-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Karlovic and Roddick don't have much technique they do better on fast surfaces. Gaudio and Rios have excellent technique and were better on slower surfaces, then there are players like Federer, Nalbandian who can play on all surfaces.

Who says Karlovic has no technique? Just because he can't hit groundstrokes? Think about how hard it is for someone tall as he is to reach low balls.

Don't be fooled about Roddick lack of ability and technique. His serve has incredible technique, as if it were only power it would be predictable to all (not only to Federer).

Gaudio and Rios are exceptions that just validate my point.

denibas77
10-14-2006, 05:05 PM
And an ice rink would be faster then Moscow, so what's your point?

That Ivan likes not to fast courts,like Marat

Xristos
10-14-2006, 05:10 PM
what wrong with what he said...Roddick is an idiot and Ivan just pointed that out :wavey:

Yeah and you are an even bigger idiot...loser.

DrJules
10-14-2006, 05:14 PM
The point is that people usually have no idea, nowadays, of what is a fast surface.

Event organisers realise if a court was significantly faster than this you would just have tie break sets.

I think Ljubicic has played 19 sets without a service break. Increase the court speed and that would apply to more players. Is it good for matches to be decided so much on tie breaks?

DrJules
10-14-2006, 05:17 PM

Agassi was a hideous volleyer, but he was technically sound from the ground.

You have picked 2 players heavily dependent on their serves and tie breaks to win matches. Neither play good return games on a fast court. Federer, Hewitt and Nalbandian are probably the only players who play good return games on a fast court.

Action Jackson
10-14-2006, 05:19 PM
Who says Karlovic has no technique? Just because he can't hit groundstrokes? Think about how hard it is for someone tall as he is to reach low balls.

Don't be fooled about Roddick lack of ability and technique. His serve has incredible technique, as if it were only power it would be predictable to all (not only to Federer).

Gaudio and Rios are exceptions that just validate my point.

Rosset could hit a very good forehand at his peak and his serve was very good and he was only just shorter than Karlovic and at his peak for his size he was quite good at the moment and he could play on clay and indoors.

There are exceptions everywhere on both sides, not everyone who does well on fast courts are technical maestros and not everyone who does well on slow courts are limited, we can keep going in circles if you like.

As I said do you really think waiting for matches to be decided on TB's and say a 2,5 hour match and the ball in play for 12-15 mins of that time is any better? All the skills need an opportunity to be shown and serve fests aren't doing that.

GlennMirnyi
You have picked 2 players heavily dependent on their serves and tie breaks to win matches. Neither play good return games on a fast court. Federer, Hewitt and Nalbandian are probably the only players who play good return games on a fast court.

Ever heard about Bjorkman?

Corey Feldman

"I think everytime when you lose you have to complain of something," he said.Well he should know
:lol:

Neverstopfightin
10-14-2006, 05:20 PM

Fast courts favours players who are nothing but a serve . :retard:

GlennMirnyi
10-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Rosset could hit a very good forehand at his peak and his serve was very good and he was only just shorter than Karlovic and at his peak for his size he was quite good at the moment and he could play on clay and indoors.

There are exceptions everywhere on both sides, not everyone who does well on fast courts are technical maestros and not everyone who does well on slow courts are limited, we can keep going in circles if you like.

As I said do you really think waiting for matches to be decided on TB's and say a 2,5 hour match and the ball in play for 12-15 mins of that time is any better? All the skills need an opportunity to be shown and serve fests aren't doing that.

All skills need opportunities, I agree, but today the circuit has like 10 fast tournaments. That's ridiculous. S&V is being killed.

I think it's better a match like the one you described than a 5 hour match with 4 minutes rallies.

GlennMirnyi
10-14-2006, 05:27 PM

If serves won matches by itselves, why would players learn the other strokes?

RonE
10-14-2006, 05:28 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I must say the Ljubo-Roddick flamewars are a lot more fun and entertaining than the Fed-Rafa wars :)

DrJules
10-14-2006, 05:31 PM
All skills need opportunities, I agree, but today the circuit has like 10 fast tournaments. That's ridiculous. S&V is being killed.

I think it's better a match like the one you described than a 5 hour match with 4 minutes rallies.

Fast courts will not give you serve and volley. They will give you serving contests. When Krajicek, Sampras, Becker and Ivanisevic played each other on fast courts in the 90's it was about their serving. Most points struggled to go beyond the serve.

Serve and volley was advantageous on grass courts with very unreliable bounces and the desire to avoid letting the ball bounce. Perfect courts negate the volley advantage.

DrJules
10-14-2006, 05:33 PM

Actually they tend to favour the best returners of serve. Nadal's problem is that he is a poor returner of fast first serves.

Action Jackson
10-14-2006, 05:36 PM

The deciples who are making comments about the surfaces being slowed down, well they forget there were reasons for it and I have explained those already, though I could go into greater detail.

At the same time clay is a lot quicker than previous, yet there isn't such an outrage about that, at the same time that has proved beneficial. These things go in cycles, going to the net is still effective as long as it's on right shot and not just bluff.

GlennMirnyi
10-14-2006, 05:42 PM
The deciples who are making comments about the surfaces being slowed down, well they forget there were reasons for it and I have explained those already, though I could go into greater detail.

At the same time clay is a lot quicker than previous, yet there isn't such an outrage about that, at the same time that has proved beneficial. These things go in cycles, going to the net is still effective as long as it's on right shot and not just bluff.

Clay should be slow, as the rest should be faster. That would give contrast and variability in the circuit.

GlennMirnyi
10-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Fast courts will not give you serve and volley. They will give you serving contests. When Krajicek, Sampras, Becker and Ivanisevic played each other on fast courts in the 90's it was about their serving. Most points struggled to go beyond the serve.

Serve and volley was advantageous on grass courts with very unreliable bounces and the desire to avoid letting the ball bounce. Perfect courts negate the volley advantage.

You're totally wrong. If only grass gave the advantage to S&V, how could Rafter have won the US?

GlennMirnyi
10-14-2006, 05:47 PM
Now I understand why Mirnyi's baseline game is bascily a joke and
an example of technique :lol: and why he has only won one ATP title at 29 since for sure when he was a boy he read the same book than you read where it was said " if serves won matches by itselves , why should players learn the other strokes ?? :rolls:

You will see more technique and variety of shots in an average claycourt match than in an average carpetcourt match , but I know your troll mind won't let you understand these things.

Keep with your hilarious theories :yeah: :rolleyes:

Wow, you're soooo intelligent. Hey big boy, go learn some tennis. By your logic the 90's were full of "joke baseliners".

I won't fall into your idiotic provoking... Mirnyi has more ability and technique than all your favorite claycourter moonballers.

DrJules
10-14-2006, 06:03 PM
Clay should be slow, as the rest should be faster. That would give contrast and variability in the circuit.

As players have become bigger and stronger the courts have been slowed down. In many ways it compensates for the increasing strength and power of players.

Action Jackson
10-14-2006, 06:04 PM

If a player is godd enough they will win irrespective. I mean Borg won Wimbledon 5x playing heavy topspin with a wooden racquet. Rafter and Noah S&V effectively on clay.

As for Rafter the US Open was a very hardcourt and he could get more bite on his serve and that helped him moreso than the Aus Open and at Wimbledon he had his chances there.

This was a compromise solution I'd rather see people actually using the court instead of just belting big serves and those serve fests it was impossible to see that and when Muster won Essen and smashing the crap out of Sampras it was such a surprise cause of the surface and the match up.

ezekiel
10-14-2006, 06:06 PM
As players have become bigger and stronger the courts have been slowed down. In many ways it compensates for the increasing strength and power of players.

I think players today are generally more faster today than stronger compared to the past

DrJules
10-14-2006, 06:08 PM
If a player is godd enough they will win irrespective. I mean Borg won Wimbledon 5x playing heavy topspin with a wooden racquet.

Actually Borg did serve and volley a lot on his first serve. It was rather noticable from recorded highlights shown during the rain breaks at Wimbledon.

DrJules
10-14-2006, 06:11 PM
I think players today are generally more faster today than stronger compared to the past

Both are true.

MarieS
10-14-2006, 07:31 PM
i think he is talking from experience when it comes to the complaining part , you :retard:
and have you played on the court? Ivan is 9-0 on that court..he knows more about it that you jackass.

I win

:hug: why so angry?

tangerine_dream
10-14-2006, 08:24 PM
"After the classic Roddick - Gonzalez match that had gone before, this semi-final contest was very much an anti-climax after all the excitement and brilliance earlier on."

When have any of Ivan's matches been exciting, memorable tennis? They're all anti-climatic and boring. :yawn:

"I think everytime when you lose you have to complain of something," he said.

Oh please. Speak for yourself, Frankenstein. Ljubo should quit projecting his own crybaby personality onto Roddick. Roddick always gives props to his opponents when beaten, unlike Ivan the Terrible. :devil:

Rogiman
10-14-2006, 08:37 PM
"After the classic Roddick - Gonzalez match that had gone before, this semi-final contest was very much an anti-climax after all the excitement and brilliance earlier on."

When have any of Ivan's matches been exciting, memorable tennis? They're all anti-climatic and boring. :yawn:
His AO QF this year with Baghdatis was quite a memorable match, albeit not one he would like to remember :o

DrJules
10-14-2006, 08:44 PM

He has played some exciting and memorable matches against Federer:

2005-02-14 Rotterdam Indoor Hardcourt F Roger Federer (SUI) 5-7 7-5 7-6(5)
2005-02-21 Dubai Hardcourt F Roger Federer (SUI) 6-1 6-7(6) 6-3
2005-11-14 Shanghai Indoor Hardcourt RR Roger Federer (SUI) 6-3 2-6 7-6(4)

Pea
10-14-2006, 08:59 PM
LMAO@Ivan! :worship:

El Legenda
10-14-2006, 09:10 PM
ill add some matches....how about when he smoked roddick in 5th set of Davis cup.

Madrid and Paris finals..

you lose tangy :)

nobama
10-14-2006, 09:14 PM
The Roddick - Gonzalez match was a classic? :haha:

El Legenda
10-14-2006, 09:16 PM
:hug: why so angry?

because Ivan won? :confused: and Andy lost :)

Havok
10-14-2006, 09:34 PM
:yawn: Ljube-a-dick. The court is playing slow though so........... um yeah.

El Legenda
10-14-2006, 10:57 PM
:yawn: Ljube-a-dick. The court is playing slow though so........... um yeah.

because you would know.

RaVeR
10-14-2006, 11:26 PM
Vienna court is fast but not too fast..
Moscow court are faster then Vienna court

revolution
10-14-2006, 11:58 PM
I think Jerry is actually disappointed Andy lost, I think he wanted the final matchup.

El Legenda
10-15-2006, 01:36 AM
I think Jerry is actually disappointed Andy lost, I think he wanted the final matchup.

yes i am..:mad: i was ready for Duck for lunch on sunday :mad: roddick, you worthless piece of sh*t

Apemant
10-15-2006, 08:10 AM
Oh please. Speak for yourself, Frankenstein. Ljubo should quit projecting his own crybaby personality onto Roddick. Roddick always gives props to his opponents when beaten, unlike Ivan the Terrible. :devil:

Just one question tangy... you seem to be a rather intelligent person so I wonder - are you aware of how biased your opinion on A-Rod vs. Yvan is? Because of that bias, your opinion is not based on facts, but on your own projections. It's not a bad thing to be biased, of course (life is all about biases), but a rational person should at least be aware of it.

Apemant
10-15-2006, 08:30 AM
yes i am..:mad: i was ready for Duck for lunch on sunday :mad: roddick, you worthless piece of sh*t

And Ducky, are you aware of the fact that, as far as MTF is concerned, you do more damage than anything else, to Ljubo's image? Whoever dislikes him for any reason, will be inclined to dislike him even more after reading your posts. Of course, you might not care about that (not even suggesting that you should, as neither you or Ljubo has any material benefit if MTF has a good opinion on Ljubo in general) - just wondering if you are aware of that.

El Legenda
10-15-2006, 01:08 PM
And Ducky, are you aware of the fact that, as far as MTF is concerned, you do more damage than anything else, to Ljubo's image? Whoever dislikes him for any reason, will be inclined to dislike him even more after reading your posts. Of course, you might not care about that (not even suggesting that you should, as neither you or Ljubo has any material benefit if MTF has a good opinion on Ljubo in general) - just wondering if you are aware of that.

yes i am aware of that...and i will not stop..i will do it even more...if people dislike Ivan because of my posts...than they are :retard:ed

its.like.that
10-15-2006, 01:45 PM

This is true.

Most players are appreciated for their personalities more than anything else, besides Fedtards with Federer - who support him simply because it makes them feel good inside to support someone who wins a lot; Fedtards feel as if they are indeed winners themselves.

Ljubo is not good enough to draw this form of support, so he is forced to instead rely on patriotism and his personality. Cro-bots will support Ivan simply because "he fu*king croat and he fu*king win", but not many will appreciate his quiet and reserved personality on its own.

Many MTFers who either slightly dislike or are indifferent to Ivan, would dislike him even more due to his troop of 'tard supporters on here.

its.like.that
10-15-2006, 01:47 PM
yes i am aware of that...and i will not stop..i will do it even more...if people dislike Ivan because of my posts...than they are :retard:ed

I dislike your parents because of your posts.

El Legenda
10-15-2006, 01:58 PM
I dislike your parents because of your posts.

my parents said "we dont give a fuck, we're rich biatch" :)

its.like.that
10-18-2006, 05:16 AM
my parents said "we dont give a fuck, we're rich biatch" :)

Well I guess that makes it all okay then.

Action Jackson
10-18-2006, 05:23 AM

Ducky loves doing it and yes that old problem of liking the player and hating some of the fans is alive and well.

El Legenda
10-18-2006, 05:30 AM
Ducky loves doing it and yes that old problem of liking the player and hating some of the fans is alive and well.

im like that in real life...:) ill never change. :wavey:

partygirl
10-18-2006, 05:58 AM
Ivan loves The Roddick, he should just get down on his knee's & kiss it already.

Action Jackson
10-18-2006, 05:59 AM

Wouldn't expect anything else.

partygirl
10-18-2006, 06:05 AM
he's lucky he is attractive.:p

MariaV
10-18-2006, 08:02 AM

I like Ducky even if I'm not a huge fan of Ivan.

:yeah: :D :hug:

Hokit
10-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Ivan, Ivan, Ivan :lol: Was he also the one who threw a big hissy fit at the US Open about Roddick and got a call from him late at night? :lol: