Federer won't play in Marseille [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer won't play in Marseille

Xavidbz
02-21-2004, 11:48 AM
According to the french newspaper "L'Equipe":

21/02 - Tennis - ATP - Marseille
Federer forfait

Le numéro un mondial, Roger Federer, a été contraint de déclarer forfait pour le tournoi de Marseille, la semaine prochaine, en raison d'une blessure dont la nature n'a pas été précisée.

I don't know a lot of french so I may have understood it in a wrong way, but I certainly think that it says that Federer won't play because of an unknown injury.

It also means that he will lose his 300 points from last year, although he'll get 25 from the 6th best tournament, which is Basel if I am not wrong. So he'll lose 275 points...

nitsansh
02-21-2004, 12:58 PM
His new 5th score should be 110 pts, so he will lose just 190.

Billabong
02-21-2004, 01:09 PM
OH no!!!! Rogi hurt????? I'm so disappointed, get well soon Rogi!

GO ROGI!!!:)!

Xavidbz
02-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Why should it be 110 points his new 5th score? I suppouse you are refferring to his Rotterdam result from last year, but it will be now just 60 points as he has only reaches QF this year. So he should not lose only 190 points, neither 275: he should lose 240 points, right?

Aleta4
02-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Federer out of Marseille

World number one Roger Federer has pulled out of the Marseille Open next week because of injury, organisers said on Saturday. Federer, the Australian Open champion, was the top seed in the tournament, which also features Russian Marat Safin and Spaniard Juan-Carlos Ferrero.

"I have several injuries. I have pain in my right foot, another in my shoulder since the Australian Open and also a general weariness," said Federer. :sad:

"Had it been a decisive game in the Davis Cup I would have played. But I'm not in shape to defend my title here and am not interested in losing in the first or second round."

rogicomel
02-24-2004, 03:16 AM
Rogi's so right! It's not worth risking his health for defending the title. Get well soon!