----------------------- [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

-----------------------

Just Cause
10-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Matched only by Roger Federer. And it will also mark the first time that all top 3 players repeat the previous year's ranking thus marking an end of an era of ranking chaos with Federer and Nadal.

He is currently #3 on the race ranking as of now (may change during the course of the week), and he is quite likely to take over Lujbicic for that #3 ranking who still has not won a master tournament. He will be well deserved of this year end ranking.

El Legenda
10-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Matched only by Roger Federer. And it will also mark the first time that all top 3 players repeat the previous year's ranking thus marking an end of an era of ranking chaos with Federer and Nadal.

He is currently #3 on the race ranking as of now (may change during the course of the week), and he is quite likely to take over Lujbicic for that #3 ranking who still has not won a master tournament. He will be well deserved of this year end ranking.

he is currently #4 in the race...and no he will not finish 3rd..

Just Cause
10-13-2006, 03:23 PM
he is currently #4 in the race...and no he will not finish 3rd..
No, #3, he beat Gasquet today.

~*BGT*~
10-13-2006, 03:26 PM
No, he becomes #3 if he wins one more round than Ljubo this week.

El Legenda
10-13-2006, 03:27 PM
No, #3, he beat Gasquet today.

no. Ljubicic was up by 2 points and up to this point they both have won 2 matches :wavey:

Just Cause
10-13-2006, 03:28 PM
No, he becomes #3 if he wins one more round than Ljubo this week.

Thanks. I think Jerry Seinfeld didnt what I meant, Roddick is moving ahead. I hope he can win the tournament though.

El Legenda
10-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Thanks. I think Jerry Seinfeld didnt what I meant, Roddick is moving ahead. I hope he can win the tournament though.

no. you're just a :retard: :wavey: you said Roddick is #3 because he beat Gasquest...Ljubicic beat mayer at same time...making him the current #3

Just Cause
10-13-2006, 03:34 PM
no. you're just a :retard: :wavey: you said Roddick is #3 because he beat Gasquest...Ljubicic beat mayer at same time...making him the current #3
True, but I am not going to change it. :).

tangerine_dream
10-13-2006, 04:22 PM
:lol: We told you JC was a tool :cuckoo:

Re: Vienna, Get your World's Worst No. 3 player ready soon because our Duck is going to quack all over him shortly. :devil:

star
10-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Andy is the true number 3. :p

Guybrush
10-13-2006, 05:10 PM
He will probably not finish as #3. USA tournaments (where Roddick earns most of his points) are over so Ljubo has more chanches that Andy now. ;)

General Suburbia
10-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Will he finish #3 in the race rankings? Most likely.

Will he finish the #3 ranked player in the world? Definately not.

Skyward
10-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Will he finish #3 in the race rankings? Most likely.

Will he finish the #3 ranked player in the world? Definately not.

:confused: At the end of the year № 3 in the race is the # 3 ranked player in the world.

Fumus
10-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Roddick will beat Ivan in the final, Ivan who has been in poor form since probably wimbledon. Ivan who went out first round at USO and Ivan who will lose points when he doesn't win this title. Roddick will be number 3 going in Madrid.

victory1
10-13-2006, 06:28 PM
:confused: At the end of the year № 3 in the race is the # 3 ranked player in the world.

I dont think some people realize that the race ranking will be next year begining rankings. The only difference will be the top 8 players in the TMC will be able to add to their ranking points since there's 750 ranking points to grab or 150 race points.

El Legenda
10-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Roddick will beat Ivan in the final, Ivan who has been in poor form since probably wimbledon. Ivan who went out first round at USO and Ivan who will lose points when he doesn't win this title. Roddick will be number 3 going in Madrid.

Sorry to break it to you but Ivan or any player cant lose Race points...:wavey:

Fumus
10-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Sorry to break it to you but Ivan or any player cant lose Race points...:wavey:

Oh really!? :o

Cuz I was talking about year end entry ranking...foooooo dog! ;) I wasn't talking about the race, buuutt yea he will lose entry ranking points if he doesn't win this tournment. Sucka!

Sides, he will behind in the race too...so I mean in away he's giving points up to Roddick or losing points if he doesn't win this tourney and Roddick does. Sucka foo!

General Suburbia
10-13-2006, 07:06 PM
I dont think some people realize that the race ranking will be next year begining rankings. The only difference will be the top 8 players in the TMC will be able to add to their ranking points since there's 750 ranking points to grab or 150 race points.
I don't quite get how that works. How does the rankings system then balance itself out? I'm probably wrong, but explain this to me.

Let's say Nalbandian doesn't get into the TMC but still stays #4 in the world. Since he wasn't able to qualify in the Master's Cup, does that mean next year he starts outside of the top 8 in the world? What happened to all his points he accumulated in the progress? Do they just disappear to take him outside of the top 8? According to the ATPtennis.com faq, the race only determines the world #1.

I'm pretty sure there's a difference between the race points and the [World Ranking] Indesit ATP rankings. I was under the impression that the race only determined who qualified for the Master's Cup, not specifically a player's overall Rankings. Roddick's current ATP rank is 6. If he overcomes Ljubo in the race rankings, does that mean next year he starts out at #3? The only way I see this not happening is if the year-end rankings determined by the race suddenly drop and everything is shifted back to normal the beginning of next year.

Unless you're talking about something else entirely and not distinguishing between ATP world rank and the ATP race rankings.

Indesit World rankings: http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/rankings/entrysystem/
ATP race rankings: http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/rankings/championsrace/

Andre♥
10-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Ljubicic will beat Roddick in the final and will keep his number 3 spot.

DrJules
10-13-2006, 07:27 PM
I expect Roddick to end the year number 3. I think he may even threaten Nadal's number 2 spot next year.

Jlee
10-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Hopefully! :)

If he continues in good form he has a chance to.

El Legenda
10-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Ljubicic on playing like crazy....we will have Duck for lunch on Sunday :wavey:

Johnny Groove
10-13-2006, 07:53 PM
the ATP should just throw out Madrid, Lyon, Paris, and Shangai and just announce the year-end #3 Sunday in Vienna.

star
10-13-2006, 08:06 PM
I don't quite get how that works. How does the rankings system then balance itself out? I'm probably wrong, but explain this to me.

Let's say Nalbandian doesn't get into the TMC but still stays #4 in the world. Since he wasn't able to qualify in the Master's Cup, does that mean next year he starts outside of the top 8 in the world? What happened to all his points he accumulated in the progress? Do they just disappear to take him outside of the top 8? According to the ATPtennis.com faq, the race only determines the world #1.

I'm pretty sure there's a difference between the race points and the [World Ranking] Indesit ATP rankings. I was under the impression that the race only determined who qualified for the Master's Cup, not specifically a player's overall Rankings. Roddick's current ATP rank is 6. If he overcomes Ljubo in the race rankings, does that mean next year he starts out at #3? The only way I see this not happening is if the year-end rankings determined by the race suddenly drop and everything is shifted back to normal the beginning of next year.

Unless you're talking about something else entirely and not distinguishing between ATP world rank and the ATP race rankings.

Indesit World rankings: http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/rankings/entrysystem/
ATP race rankings: http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/rankings/championsrace/

The only way the entry rankings would be different than the race points is if someone played futures or challengers and got entry ranking points that way. That only applies to the more lowly ranked players.

Just wait and see for next year. The top ten players at the end of the race are going to be the top ten players in the entry rankings. There is a difference in the entry rankings and the race up until the very end of the year.

I didn't quite understand your example about Nalbandian.

blosson
10-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Ljubicic on playing like crazy....we will have Duck for lunch on Sunday :wavey:

It could be Andy having roast turkey with mlinci for lunch.

Loremaster
10-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Roddick will end no.3 in Entry and race, in entry Ljubicic will have to defend Vienna, 2 TMS finals and some points from TMC, Roddick have only Lyon, SF in TMS Paris, can take mass of points in Madrid and TMC.

its.like.that
10-14-2006, 02:36 AM
answer: who gives a f*ck

stop making pointless threads Just Cause :retard:

El Legenda
10-14-2006, 04:41 AM
:wavey: Roddick will end no.3 in Entry and race, in entry Ljubicic will have to defend Vienna, 2 TMS finals and some points from TMC, Roddick have only Lyon, SF in TMS Paris, can take mass of points in Madrid and TMC.

Ivan does not have to defend 2 TMS finals..Its all about the Race and in the Race..you get all the points in TMS and Grand Slams....its only on optionals. 5th best...this is done so players like Davydenko dont load up with millions of pts playing every week in some bs touny...

at this point of the season..the entry means nothing :) for the top 8 players...

TMJordan
10-14-2006, 04:42 AM
Oh I cant wait till Sunday when Roddick whoops cream face a new one.

:wavey:

Just Cause
10-14-2006, 05:37 AM
:wavey:

Ivan does not have to defend 2 TMS finals..Its all about the Race and in the Race..you get all the points in TMS and Grand Slams....its only on optionals. 5th best...this is done so players like Davydenko dont load up with millions of pts playing every week in some bs touny...

at this point of the season..the entry means nothing :) for the top 8 players...

While both rankings will synchronize in several weeks before TMC. entry rankings are still important cuz there are people who do care about hitting career high, unlike Federer or Nadal. Roddick vs Lujbicic will be interesting to see esp this week.

El Legenda
10-14-2006, 05:51 AM
While both rankings will synchronize in several weeks before TMC. entry rankings are still important cuz there are people who do care about hitting career high, unlike Federer or Nadal. Roddick vs Lujbicic will be interesting to see esp this week.

that why i said..the top 8 probably dont care about entry..since before Ljubicic took over #3.. most of the 3-8 have been at #3 at one point of the season..

its.like.that
10-14-2006, 05:57 AM
:retard:

yomike
10-14-2006, 09:54 AM
NO <---- Andy Roddick no.3

DrJules
10-14-2006, 09:58 AM
The draw in the last 2 master series may have an effect. If Roddick had to play Federer in the quarter finals of each event then that is the only way, other than injury, that I see Roddick not finishing the year number 3.

Just Cause
10-18-2006, 05:36 AM
that why i said..the top 8 probably dont care about entry..since before Ljubicic took over #3.. most of the 3-8 have been at #3 at one point of the season..
Just him and Nalbandian actually since Roddick fell.
But Roddick will be clmbing back.

partygirl
10-18-2006, 06:10 AM
Just because it is even an option shows what a no talent jerk he is huh?

love it way more than you hate it.