A Thread for True Nadal fans... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

A Thread for True Nadal fans...

Pfloyd
10-13-2006, 12:41 AM
I've had enough of this bull shit. Some so called "Nadal fans" are starting to bitch at him for not performing up to par, some have even threatend that Nadal's career is close to being over.

Please...and you people call yourselves fans. Real fans stick to there players regardless of what happens to them.

I personally started watching to tennis with deep interest once I saw Nadal play, his revolutionary style compiled with his winning attitude made me an instant fan. Now his playing crappy...so what? As if he likes to be losing in all these tournaments like this, it sucks for him too.

You know what, I'd like to see Federer go through a simialar streak. Most of his MTF fans like him because of his invincibility factor. What if, hypotheticaly speaking, he lost 5 tournaments in a row, would that mean he would lose half of his fan base here? If thats the case, you guys arent real fans either.

Meanwhile, while Nadal is strugling with his game, I'll be cheering for him like each match he played was a GS final.

Now and forever, Vamos Rafa!!!!

Johnny Groove
10-13-2006, 12:43 AM
I think its kind of sad that there is a need for a thread that identifies REAL fans of a player :rolleyes:

Pfloyd
10-13-2006, 12:46 AM
Well, you cant say that people that are saying that Nadal is over, or people that are saying that they will leave MTF if Nadal dosent win the AO, is a little pathetic.

Johnny Groove
10-13-2006, 12:47 AM
RFK is pathetic in general. the fact that he believes he is the savior of MTF and will liberate all the Fedtards with his awesome superior logic is quite a joke

neenah
10-13-2006, 12:49 AM
I've had enough of this bull shit. Some so called "Nadal fans" are starting to bitch at him for not performing up to par, some have even threatend that Nadal's career is close to being over.

Please...and you people call yourselves fans. Real fans stick to there players regardless of what happens to them.

I personally started watching to tennis with deep interest once I saw Nadal play, his revolutionary style compiled with his winning attitude made me an instant fan. Now his playing crappy...so what? As if he likes to be losing in all these tournaments like this, it sucks for him too.

You know what, I'd like to see Federer go through a simialar streak. Most of his MTF fans like him because of his invincibility factor. What if, hypotheticaly speaking, he lost 5 tournaments in a row, would that mean he would lose half of his fan base here? If thats the case, you guys arent real fans either.

Meanwhile, while Nadal is strugling with his game, I'll be cheering for him like each match he played was a GS final.

I think that bringing Fed into it is part of the problem. The constant comparisons are getting annoying. I don't mind the famous MTF "Endless Fed/Rafa Fan Battle" at all until either Fed or Rafa loses and the comparisons have to start :rolleyes:

It is possible for a person like Federer and Nadal at the same time..

leng jai
10-13-2006, 12:50 AM
Revolutionary style of play? I don't think so

mangoes
10-13-2006, 12:51 AM

What the fuck does Federer have to do with the Nadal fanbase?? Goodness, you guys can't even write a happy "let's support Rafa" post without taking a swipe at Roger:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh and most of Nadal's fans only support him because they hate Roger or because he's a young cute guy, who seems innocent, and wins quite a bit :shrug: The BS can go both ways.

Johnny Groove
10-13-2006, 12:51 AM
I think that bringing Fed into it is part of the problem. The constant comparisons are getting annoying. I don't mind the famous MTF "Endless Fed/Rafa Fan Battle" at all until either Fed or Rafa loses and the comparisons have to start :rolleyes:

i dont think the problem is that people like both players. the problem is that people go overboard with the bashing and the fickleness of some fans is appalling

NaDALiTa
10-13-2006, 12:55 AM
no matter his results, i'm still there cheering at him !!!! He has been saying that this streak of victory wasn't normal for ages, and no one listened to him and Toni. Now people seems surprised and only the real fans will remain!!

neenah
10-13-2006, 12:59 AM
i dont think the problem is that people like both players. the problem is that people go overboard with the bashing and the fickleness of some fans is appalling

Yeah, I might have worded it wrong but I didn't mean that the problem is people liking both players. You stated the problem, and you're right. Bashing is extreme when Fed or Rafa loses because suddenly they become "horrible" and "fake #1/#2" and it shows that some fans don't accept the fact that players are human..

Pfloyd
10-13-2006, 01:01 AM
Thats jsut the thing, you have to mention Fed tards here simply because they are the one that most bash Nadal, especialy given his current circumstance. Of course, Federer also has good, objective fans.

Skyward
10-13-2006, 01:11 AM
This thread belongs to the RN forum, imo.

nobama
10-13-2006, 01:15 AM
Doesn't Nadal have his own player forum? :scratch:

nobama
10-13-2006, 01:18 AM
Oh and most of Nadal's fans only support him because they hate Roger or because he's a young cute guy, who seems innocent, and wins quite a bit :shrug: The BS can go both ways.Haven't you figured out that if you support Roger you can't be a "real" fan. Roger fans only support him because he wins all the time. :rolleyes:

Corey Feldman
10-13-2006, 01:26 AM
hehe all this agony from raffy fans over a few losses in minor events, loving it...
its sad but.... funny :p:p
:rolls:

GlennMirnyi
10-13-2006, 01:30 AM
Hey, there's already a player forum. There are the Nadal fans. Go there big boy.

NYCtennisfan
10-13-2006, 01:33 AM
Has Nadal fallen to #146 in the world and is having to play challengers or something? The guy has lost some matches like everyone who has ever played on this tour does at some point or another.

jacobhiggins
10-13-2006, 01:39 AM

I agree, lets face it, Federer is a little more special then most players and yes I think he is going to have the much grander career then Nadal.

Leave it at that!

Rafa is an awesome player and might be remembered as the greatest claycourter in history and maybe one of the best players in history. He will have his own place in the history books but it will not be like Federer's so stop comparing them so much!

TennisGrandSlam
10-13-2006, 01:51 AM
I tell you that

FED Fans =/= Rafa Haters

Rafa Fans =/= FED Haters

:cool:

NYCtennisfan
10-13-2006, 01:52 AM
I agree, lets face it, Federer is a little more special then most players and yes I think he is going to have the much grander career then Nadal.

Leave it at that!

Rafa is an awesome player and might be remembered as the greatest claycourter in history and maybe one of the best players in history. He will have his own place in the history books but it will not be like Federer's so stop comparing them so much!

Nadal will definitely make more noise in the future and win on surfaces other than clay. You are right. The problem is that some people want him to keep pace with a player who is could possibly pass the 8000 ranking points plateau. Other than a few stretches in the Open Era, most players will not be the last player standing at an ATP event most of the weeks they play.

moon language
10-13-2006, 02:13 AM
As I said in another thread I think because of this "rivalry" with Federer Nadal is held to an impossible standard. People forget he's only 20 and as such the expectations are unrealistic and all the hype probably puts too much pressure on him.

Deboogle!.
10-13-2006, 02:18 AM
Isn't there a whole forum for the true Nadal fans? :D

MisterQ
10-13-2006, 02:35 AM
People have to remember that what Nadal has done (particularly on clay) for the past two years and what Federer has done in general for the past few years is extraordinary. Streaks like this are not normal! Even the greatest players lose matches, and they sometimes have lengthy periods of lowered success.

Merton
10-13-2006, 03:01 AM
[QUOTE=NYCtennisfan;4265349]Has Nadal fallen to #146 in the world and is having to play challengers or something? The guy has lost some matches like everyone who has ever played on this tour does at some point or another[QUOTE]

In a desperate attempt to save his career, Nadal will enter the challenger in Aracaju, Brazil.

[QUOTE]People have to remember that what Nadal has done (particularly on clay) for the past two years and what Federer has done in general for the past few years is extraordinary. Streaks like this are not normal! Even the greatest players lose matches, and they sometimes have lengthy periods of lowered success[QUOTE]

Q is the voice of reason.:worship:

Lopaka
10-13-2006, 03:03 AM
:yawn: Last year at this time Rafa was starting to show signs of a health problems that would take him out of competition for about 4 month. What a surprise he came back and has had a better year than almost all his competition.

Before Rafa's career is considered to have peaked it might be wise to compare his results with other players when they were 20 years old. My favorite Spaniard may never be number one in every statistical category but he still has a tremendious potential only just being explored.

Being a die hard Nadal admirer does not mean I don't appreciate and enjoy the play of his competition. We have had some great tennis moments this year provided by Federer and Nadal. I've seen Rafa win and lose. I have a good feeling his career will survive his loss to Pim Pim and those who rush to write him out of tennis history.

Sunset of Age
10-13-2006, 09:50 AM

Couldn't agree with you more. It would be a huge improvement to the atmosphere over here if people could just STOP loving-one-and-thus-bashing-the-other.

yanchr
10-13-2006, 10:47 AM
I think its kind of sad that there is a need for a thread that identifies REAL fans of a player :rolleyes:
I happen to agree. When there appear such threads, you really have to worry about that player. But I don't think Rafa's current situation is as bad as that, actually still far from it. And, you are not identified as a real fan only by speaking out loud here that you will still support him no matter what and calling other fans who behave differently pathetic :rolleyes:

I have to say some Rafa fans are really pathetically overacting to Rafa's current little crisis, but you are one of the few fans who really make sense and didn't talk any shit. I'm talking about being a fan generally ;) :wavey:

adee-gee
10-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Lafuria piss off to the Nadal forum and stop embarrassing us Nadal fans.

Grofica
10-13-2006, 11:04 AM
What the fuck does Federer have to do with the Nadal fanbase?? Goodness, you guys can't even write a happy "let's support Rafa" post without taking a swipe at Roger:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh and most of Nadal's fans only support him because they hate Roger or because he's a young cute guy, who seems innocent, and wins quite a bit :shrug: The BS can go both ways.

Do you know how ridiculuos this statment sounds?If sm hates Roger he or she would be happy no matter who beat him!

In the first post of this thread point wasn't in comparison Rafa and Fed, it's about how some MTF fans are not reliable and can easily stop suppoting theire favorite!

David Kenzie
10-13-2006, 11:37 AM
I don't think Rafa is in a slump. I mean, hello... it's the indoor season... do people really expect Rafa to reach the final of every tournament he plays in ? He obviously will win lots of hardcourt tournaments in the future but don't expect him do dominate any other surface than clay. His style is too defensive for him to dictate play on other surfaces. That means that his opponents are in the driving seat if they hit hard flat ground strokes and it means that even if Rafa is playing his best, he can be beaten.

connectolove
10-13-2006, 12:01 PM
VIVA RAFA MANQUE PIERDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RogiFan88
10-13-2006, 02:11 PM
As I said in another thread I think because of this "rivalry" with Federer Nadal is held to an impossible standard. People forget he's only 20 and as such the expectations are unrealistic and all the hype probably puts too much pressure on him.

Despite Rafa being "only 20" and "still young and has many years to look forward to in his career", he has achieved results and success beyond his years already. Look at his peers -- the most titles they've won is two; hardly comparable. He's precocious and has in a short period, won titles that many players can only dream of winning in their entire career spanning about 10-15 yrs. Expectations on him may be unrealistic but only because he has achieved so much at "only 20". If he continues in this vein, by 25, he should have about 50 more titles. But as Rafa says, "we shall see".

Madrid will be the most important tourney for him now but he will have the home advantage, the crowds, the familiarity, and the knowledge that he has won the tournament before. This is the time of year where some players are starting to feel fatigue from a long season and where others who've done little or nothing to date, will "show up". :angel:

It will be muy interesante, indeed.

connectolove
10-14-2006, 07:57 AM
Federer didn't start to beat everybody until he turned 21 and at 22 he became who he is. He has said that it took him a while to "get it". Hopefully Nadal is going to the same process.

trickcy
10-20-2006, 07:21 PM
First and foremost, I don't think Rafa's in a slump. He's won all the titles on clay, (including 1 GS) and gone to the finals of Wimbledon. In many cases, this would be the achievement of a few years, NOT one year. And, also, even if a player goes into a slump, be it Rafa or Roger, (both of whom I like) I don't think that anybody who is called a fan will stop supporting them. So, I just hope Rafa has a reasonably good tourney at Madrid with home crowd supporting him. He's 20, there's no reason for him not to improve, and this is the indoor season. As he'd say, we'll see, no?

Ring
10-25-2006, 05:17 PM
This is just a beginnig.
Rafa can't win all matchs in a row. There is a small interruption, but very soon he make us happy with a glorious victory.
Perhaps it will at Paris.

NeverSayDie
10-25-2006, 05:19 PM
This is just a beginnig.
Rafa can't win all matchs in a row. There is a small interruption, but very soon he make us happy with a glorious victory.
Perhaps it will at Paris.

:bigwave: Welcome Ring! Lets hope his glorious victory will come in Paris :yeah: