Pages : [1] 2

*Ljubica*
10-11-2006, 01:28 PM

31/12/07 - Week 1: Adelaide, Australia
07/01/08 - Week 2: Sydney, Australia
14/01/08 - Week 3: Australian Open - Grand Slam
21/01/08 - Week 4: Australian Open - Grand Slam
28/01/08 - Week 5: Week Off
04/02/08 - Week 6: (Davis Cup 1st round week)
11/02/08 - Week 7: Delray Beach, USA (withdrawn)
18/02/08 - Week 8: San Jose, USA (withdrawn)
25/02/08 - Week 9: Memphis, USA (withdrawn)
03/03/08 - Week 10: Las Vegas, USA (withdrawn)
10/03/08 - Week 11: Indian Wells (withdrawn)
17/03/08 - Week 12: Indian Wells (withdrawn)
24/03/08 - Week 13: Miami
31/03/08 - Week 14: Miami
07/04/08 - Week 15:
14/04/08 - Week 16:
21/04/08 - Week 17:
28/04/08 - Week 18: Munich
05/05/08 - Week 19:
12/05/08 - Week 20:
19/05/08 - Week 21:
26/05/08 - Week 22: French Open - Grand Slam
02/06/08 - Week 23: French Open - Grand Slam
09/06/08 - Week 24:
16/06/08 - Week 25:
23/06/08 - Week 26: Wimbledon - Grand Slam
30/07/08 - Week 27: Wimbledon - Grand Slam
07/07/08 - Week 27:
14/07/08 - Week 28:
21/07/08 - Week 29:
28/07/08 - Week 30:
04/08/08- Week 31:
11/08/08 - Week 32:
18/08/08 - Week 33:
25/08/08 - Week 33: US Open - Grand Slam
31/08/08 - Week 34: Us Open - Grand Slam
08/09/08 - Week 35:
15/09/08 - Week 36:
22/09/08 - Week 37:
29/09/08 - Week 38:
06/10/08 - Week 40:
13/10/08 - Week 41:
20/10/08 - Week 42:
27/10/08 - Week 43:

NOTE: I'M SORRY THAT I REALLY DON'T HAVE TIME TO UPDATE THIS AS OFTEN AS I SHOULD - MANY APOLOGIES FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE. IF ANYONE FEELS LIKE TAKING OVER OR STARTING A NEW ONE - PLEASE FEEL FREE - SORRY AGAIN.

Hendu
10-11-2006, 01:50 PM
Thanks Rosie! :yeah:

josemanuel
10-14-2006, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the info.
Strange schedule... playing indoors in Europe and the next week on clay in Bs As.
Any news about what he is doing next week (Qualies of Basel/Lyon/St Petersb???)

Kinetix
10-17-2006, 04:16 AM
Thanks for the info.
Strange schedule... playing indoors in Europe and the next week on clay in Bs As.
Any news about what he is doing next week (Qualies of Basel/Lyon/St Petersb???)

Lyon :)

*Ljubica*
10-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Lyon is not 100% confirmed yet - it depends on what happens this week in Madrid and how Juan feels after his first indoor tournament - but if he does decide to play any event next week it will be in Lyon :)

Enjoy Incubus
10-18-2006, 02:05 AM
Now there are more chances to see him there. And about the following week, as he´s on Aachen Entry List, is it official that he´ll be there or is there any chance of see him in Paris Qualy Entry List?

*Ljubica*
10-18-2006, 11:06 AM
Now there are more chances to see him there. And about the following week, as he´s on Aachen Entry List, is it official that he´ll be there or is there any chance of see him in Paris Qualy Entry List?

As far as I am aware, according to the ATP Rules, if a player commits to a Challenger he can't then pull out to appear in another event. It is something to do with contractural obligations and not breaking contact once they have agreed to appear in one place. I don't know all the rules though - but I think that is correct - so - no - he cannot appear in Paris.

Btw - he plans to go to Lyon to qualify but he is very much hoping for a Wild Card either there or in Basel.

ufokart
10-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Hope he qualifies for Lyon, he needs all the experience he can get :yeah:

*Ljubica*
10-19-2006, 09:51 PM
Hope he qualifies for Lyon, he needs all the experience he can get :yeah:

He won't have to - he has just been given a Wild Card into the Main Draw in Basel :)

*Ljubica*
11-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Well thanks Judio - but I don't somehow see him playing here :sad: I would be very VERY surprised if he does - especially with a tournament in Argentina the next week! I think he will go home after Aachen. But then again - maybe they just can't bear to be parted from me and our cold, grey English Winter!! :p Not sure if I could get the time off from work that week anyway - but I will certainly add it onto the Schedule for now! Thanks.

patoo_jmdp
11-17-2006, 11:43 PM
JM won't be in copa argentina

*Ljubica*
11-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Juan will start his 2007 campaign in Adelaide which starts on 1st January, as opposed to the original choice of Chennai. I believe Adelaide is the first tournament which will try out the infamous new Round Robin format :unsure: Seems a strange choice to me, as the cut-off for Chennai is lower and I think he could have progressed further there :shrug: but guess there are reasons! Good Luck to him anyway!

Hendu
11-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Juan will start his 2007 campaign in Adelaide which starts on 1st January, as opposed to the original choice of Chennai. I believe Adelaide is the first tournament which will try out the infamous new Round Robin format :unsure: Seems a strange choice to me, as the cut-off for Chennai is lower and I think he could have progressed further there :shrug: but guess there are reasons! Good Luck to him anyway!

Yes, Adelaide is the First Tournament with RR.

Adelaide will have the 32 player RR format, so that means Juan Martín will play in the 16 player play-off for a place in the groups stage.

Until now, the players who will be part of that play-off are:

17 Hajek, Jan CZE 76
18 Hernych, Jan CZE 77
19 Vassallo Arguello, Martin ARG 80
20 Dancevic, Frank CAN 87
21 Del Potro, Juan Martin ARG 91
22 Dlouhy, Lukas CZE 92
23 Kunitsyn, Igor RUS 93
24 Vanek, Jiri CZE 94
25 Delic, Amer USA 96
26 (Q)
27 (Q)
28 (Q)
29 (Q)
30 (WC)
31 (WC)
32 (WC)

If he wins his match agaisnt someone of those players, then he will play other two matches (in the groups stage) for a place in the quarterfinals.

The rest of the tournament has the usual single-elimination format.

Oh, and the tournament will not start the 1st of Juanuary but on Sunday 31 December, because the tournament will last 8 days.

*Ljubica*
11-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Yes, Adelaide is the First Tournament with RR.

Adelaide will have the 32 player RR format, so that means Juan Martín will play in the 16 player play-off for a place in the groups stage.

Until now, the players who will be part of that play-off are:

17 Hajek, Jan CZE 76
18 Hernych, Jan CZE 77
19 Vassallo Arguello, Martin ARG 80
20 Dancevic, Frank CAN 87
21 Del Potro, Juan Martin ARG 91
22 Dlouhy, Lukas CZE 92
23 Kunitsyn, Igor RUS 93
24 Vanek, Jiri CZE 94
25 Delic, Amer USA 96
26 (Q)
27 (Q)
28 (Q)
29 (Q)
30 (WC)
31 (WC)
32 (WC)

If he wins his match agaisnt someone of those players, then he will play other two matches (in the groups stage) for a place in the quarterfinals.

The rest of the tournament has the usual single-elimination format.

Oh, and the tournament will not start the 1st of January but on Sunday 31 December, because the tournament will last 8 days.

Thank for the info. Admit I don't know so much about this RR thing. Guess we can only see how things go after the first couple of tournaments. I'd certainly forgotten about the 8 day thing too - so no New Year's Eve celebrations for poor Juan Martin :sad:

Hendu
11-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Thank for the info. Admit I don't know so much about this RR thing. Guess we can only see how things go after the first couple of tournaments. I'd certainly forgotten about the 8 day thing too - so no New Year's Eve celebrations for poor Juan Martin :sad:

I didn't use to care about RR...

...but then ATP Buenos Aires was selected to be one of the Tournaments to test that system. :tape:

The bad thing is that there will be no more big surprises in the first stages of the tournaments. That means the low ranked players have less opportunities to go far...

Plus with the 24 player RR format (Viña del Mar will have it), the Draw is reduced from 32 to 24. That means the low ranked players will have it more difficult to enter the tournament.

On the other hand, with the 32 player RR format (tested in Adelaide, Buenos Aires and many other Tournaments), there will be one more day of tennis (tournaments start on Sunday) and 8 more matches.

I don't know if you have seen this thread: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=89129

*Ljubica*
11-22-2006, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the information and the link. Must admit I hadn't taken so much interest in it, as the only tournament using it that I may go to is Stockholm. I still think it's a bad idea - as you say the lower ranked players have less chance to progress and improve their ranking - and it's very much there to protect the interests of the top "stars" as I see it - but guess we should try to approach the first few with an "open mind" and see what happens. Thanks again.

patoo_jmdp
11-26-2006, 01:01 PM
The next wednesday, Juan Martín will play the Rosario Open. Here will play Mariano Zabaleta, Mariano Puerta, Luis Horna y Delpo.
Good Look JM!

http://www.rosariodeportes.com/index.php

cobalt60
11-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Thanks for all the info.:D

Hendu
11-26-2006, 03:02 PM
The next wednesday, Juan Martín will play the Rosario Open. Here will play Mariano Zabaleta, Mariano Puerta, Luis Horna y Delpo.
Good Look JM!

http://www.rosariodeportes.com/index.php

A nice chance for the people of Rosario to watch good tennis.

Lots of exhibitions this summer. :)

Thanks for the info.

*Ljubica*
11-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the info. I am away staying with relatives this week and can't get online so often - so appreciate the updates.

*Ljubica*
12-09-2006, 11:55 AM
It is not 100% official yet so I haven't updated the first post - but I understand JM will be skipping the Latin American season next year to concentrate on the US hardcourts instead. He wants to prepare for the US Masters' series in Miami and Indian Wells, and he prefers hard cours to clay - so it really isn't surprising. He hopes to play in Memphis and Las Vegas - I will update the first post when it becomes 100% official!.

maria87
12-09-2006, 12:19 PM
It is not 100% official yet so I haven't updated the first post - but I understand JM will be skipping the Latin American season next year to concentrate on the US hardcourts instead. He wants to prepare for the US Masters' series in Miami and Indian Wells, and he prefers hard cours to clay - so it really isn't surprising. He hopes to play in San Jose, Memphis and Las Vegas - I will update the first post when it becomes 100% official!.

wow, it surpises me a little bit because we have in Buenos Aires our ATP tournament in February and he will skip the possibility to play the only tournament we have at home...where did you hear this?

*Ljubica*
12-09-2006, 12:34 PM
wow, it surpises me a little bit because we have in Buenos Aires our ATP tournament in February and he will skip the possibility to play the only tournament we have at home...where did you hear this?

Well I heard it from a friend who knows JM, - but, as I say, it is only a rumour at this stage, which is why I haven't updated the Schedule in the first post yet. Until it's officially confirmed, I don't want to post incorrect information in there.

I know about the Buenos Aires tournament, and obviously one might expect him to play there, but having said that, I remember a few years ago that both Nalbandian and Coria skipped it to play in Europe . It was a career decison, as it is not so good for your body to play on hard courts in Australia and then skip for a couple of weeks onto clay, only to go back to hard again in the US Masters' series. Interestingly, JM's coach now was working with Nalbandian at that time :shrug: But as I say - nothing official yet. I'll let you know if I hear anything more.

maria87
12-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Well I heard it from a friend who knows JM, - but, as I say, it is only a rumour at this stage, which is why I haven't updated the Schedule in the first post yet. Until it's officially confirmed, I don't want to post incorrect information in there.

I know about the Buenos Aires tournament, and obviously one might expect him to play there, but having said that, I remember a few years ago that both Nalbandian and Coria skipped it to play in Europe . It was a career decison, as it is not so good for your body to play on hard courts in Australia and then skip for a couple of weeks onto clay, only to go back to hard again in the US Masters' series. Interestingly, JM's coach now was working with Nalbandian at that time :shrug: But as I say - nothing official yet. I'll let you know if I hear anything more.

yes, you are right...i think BA tournament should be moved into clay season...anyway we are far away from the center of the world and almost nobody want to fly so long to come here :eek: :sad:

anna10
12-10-2006, 03:17 PM
He hopes to play in San Jose, Memphis and Las Vegas - I will update the first post when it becomes 100% official!.
I hope to go to Memphis for semis and finals, so any encouragement you can give that way would be great.:D Would he probably have direct entry by the cutoff date, or need to go through qualifying?

*Ljubica*
12-10-2006, 05:53 PM
I hope to go to Memphis for semis and finals, so any encouragement you can give that way would be great.:D Would he probably have direct entry by the cutoff date, or need to go through qualifying?

Well that would depend on what the cut off point is for that tournament, and also where he is ranked 6 weeks before, which is when the Entry List closes - so I really wouldn't know at this stage if he could get direct entry or not :shrug: Enjoy your time in Memphis anyway - I just want him to get himself over to Europe ASAP so I can see him too :)

anna10
12-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Well that would depend on what the cut off point is for that tournament, and also where he is ranked 6 weeks before, which is when the Entry List closes - so I really wouldn't know at this stage if he could get direct entry or not :shrug: Enjoy your time in Memphis anyway - I just want him to get himself over to Europe ASAP so I can see him too :)
Six weeks before - I couldn't remember the cut-off. If he ends up playing qualfiying there, I just may give that a try as well. Given the option, I'd much prefer a nice tournament in Europe to grey Memphis.

*Ljubica*
12-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Six weeks before - I couldn't remember the cut-off. If he ends up playing qualfiying there, I just may give that a try as well. Given the option, I'd much prefer a nice tournament in Europe to grey Memphis.

Well it's a case of economics isn't it? Nice tournaments in Europe are usually no more than a couple of hours from me - Memphis would take me at least a day to reach, and also a long flight and I loathe long-haul flying :unsure: So guess I'm just lucky - though I hate this 6 month period between Basel and Monte Carlo where there really isn't any tennis here :sad: I would love JMDP to play Marseille and Rotterdam in February like Coria and Nalbandian did in 2005 - but somehow I think I have no chance :sad:

Clashcityrocker
01-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Rosie, do you know which day(s) you are in rotterdam ?? :)

*Ljubica*
01-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Rosie, do you know which day(s) you are in rotterdam ?? :)

Hi Duncan :wavey: Probably none at all this year because of work :sad: But if I do go, it will be for the first few days (from quallie Saturday to Tuesday) so I only need take 2 days off work. I'm probably going to leave starting my travels til April/May though - save some more money and go somewhere exciting for my Birthday :) How about you?

Clashcityrocker
01-09-2007, 08:54 PM
i will go on thursday probably and maybe friday too in rotterdam. probably only the dutch atp events but a small chance i go to RG too, have to wait and find out :)

*Ljubica*
01-10-2007, 12:43 PM
i will go on thursday probably and maybe friday too in rotterdam. probably only the dutch atp events but a small chance i go to RG too, have to wait and find out :)

Would be nice to see you at RG :)

Hrastar
12-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Vamos Delpo in 2008 ! ! !

Merry Christmas all JMDP fans ;)

Ferrero Forever
12-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Merry christmas to everyone here. I can't wait to cheer Juan Martin on at the Australian Open in a few weeks. I'm sure he'll do well there.

*Ljubica*
12-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Juan is already in Australia for the first tournament of the year in Adelaide. Here is the draw:

1] Lleyton HEWITT (AUS) v Dudi SELA (ISR)
Alejandro FALLA (COL) v Jose ACASUSO (ARG)
Ernests GULBIS (LAT) v QUALIFIER
Victor HANESCU (ROM) v [6] Jo-Wilfred TSONGA (FRA)

[3] Jarkko NIEMINEN (FIN) v QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER v Simone BOLELLI (ITA)
Florian MAYER (GER) v Mischa ZVEREV (GER)
Vincent SPADEA (USA) v [8] Sebastien GROSJEAN (FRA)

[7] Juan Martin DEL POTRO (ARG) v Michael RUSSELL (USA)
[WC] Robert Smeets (AUS) v Benjamin BECKER (GER)
Evgeny KOROLEV (RUS) v Mario ANCIC (CRO)
Michael LLODRA (FRA) v [4] Gilles SIMON (FRA)

[5] Radek STEPANEK (CZE) v [WC] Joseph SIRIANNI (AUS)
Sam QUERREY (USA) v Steve DARCIS (BEL)
[WC] Chris GUCCIONE (AUS) v QUALIFIER
Julien BENNETEAU (FRA) v [2] Paul-Henri MATHIEU (FRA)

He will also play doubles here with Jose Acasuso. Here is the draw for that:-

[1] HANLEY, Paul AUS/PAES, Leander IND vs ANCIC, Mario CRO/STEPANEK, Radek CZE
DE VOEST, Rik RSA/FISHER, Ashley AUS vs BENNETEAU, Julien FRA/MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA

[4] GARCIA, Martin ARG/MELO, Marcelo BRA vs SIMON, Gilles FRA/ZVEREV, Mischa GER
LINDSTEDT, Robert SWE/NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN vs BOLELLI, Simone ITA/SELA, Dudi ISR

BUTORAC, Eric USA/DANCEVIC, Frank CAN vs [wc] HEALEY, Nathan AUS/HEWITT, Lleyton AUS
[wc] GUCCIONE, Chris AUS/SMEETS, Robert AUS vs [3] KERR, Jordan AUS/PERRY, Todd AUS

GROSJEAN, Sebastien FRA/TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried FRA vs HAGGARD, Chris RSA/MAYER, Florian GER
ACASUSO, Jose ARG/DEL POTRO, Juan Martin ARG vs [2] ERLICH, Jonathan ISR/RAM, Andy ISR

cobalt60
12-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the info Rosie- figures he would play one of the other guys I really like;)
And of course in the doubles my fav team. :silly:

linus
12-29-2007, 05:05 PM
My first wish is on his healthy, enough fitness... No injuries from time to time every week please :angel:

Vamos :rocker:

skywater
12-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Vamos,delpo
have a good start~~~

skywater
12-30-2007, 01:07 PM
good luck

skywater
12-30-2007, 08:07 PM
he will play Viña del Mar tennis open

============

SANTIAGO.- Álvaro Fillol is quite taken aback by the injury which will keep Argentine player, Guillermo Cañas (15th) off the courts for four months. "I guess they'll call me at some point to let me know", he said rather nonchalantly for being the director of a tournament that included Cañas as the second most important player, based on ranking.

In a statement made to Emol, Fillol said that "he (Cañas) was obviously an important part of the tournament, but we were negotiating the addition of a Spanish player. Were are still in the preliminary stages of conversation, but we would like to bring Tommy Robredo, (10th), whom we have already approached".

"We might add another Spanish player, perhaps Verdasco", added Fillol.

The director of the Viña del Mar tennis open, which will take place from January 28th to February 3rd, also mentioned that the center and adjacent courts have already been constructed.

The Viña del Mar ATP has confirmed the participation of Fernando Gonzalez, its most important figure by far. The tournament has also confirmed the attendance of Argentine players, Juan Martín del Potro, Juan Ignacio Chela and Juan Mónaco, as well as Viña del Mar native, Nicolás Massú.

~Jesi~
12-31-2007, 01:52 AM
Vamosssssssssssssssss Juannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

skywater
12-31-2007, 04:00 AM
er........
3-6,3-6
i don't know what's wrong with him

VolandriFan
12-31-2007, 06:09 AM
Yuck. I felt like crying when I saw that scoreline.

*Ljubica*
12-31-2007, 08:22 AM
he will play Viña del Mar tennis open

============

SANTIAGO.- Álvaro Fillol is quite taken aback by the injury which will keep Argentine player, Guillermo Cañas (15th) off the courts for four months. "I guess they'll call me at some point to let me know", he said rather nonchalantly for being the director of a tournament that included Cañas as the second most important player, based on ranking.

In a statement made to Emol, Fillol said that "he (Cañas) was obviously an important part of the tournament, but we were negotiating the addition of a Spanish player. Were are still in the preliminary stages of conversation, but we would like to bring Tommy Robredo, (10th), whom we have already approached".

"We might add another Spanish player, perhaps Verdasco", added Fillol.

The director of the Viña del Mar tennis open, which will take place from January 28th to February 3rd, also mentioned that the center and adjacent courts have already been constructed.

The Viña del Mar ATP has confirmed the participation of Fernando Gonzalez, its most important figure by far. The tournament has also confirmed the attendance of Argentine players, Juan Martín del Potro, Juan Ignacio Chela and Juan Mónaco, as well as Viña del Mar native, Nicolás Massú.

I read that too, but so far, he is not on the official ATP Entry List, so I will not alter our schedule until it becomes official. I think it is quite possible they may offer him a Wild Card to replace Canas, and if he loses early in the AO, he may well accept. But at the moment, the official ATP lists which are updated by the players and coaches themselves in PlayerZone, do not mention him, so if you don't mind, I will keep the schedule as it is, until official news comes from the ATP.

Choupi
12-31-2007, 08:24 AM
Ok, a win would have been a better option, but hey!! As Rosie said, it was the FIRST match of the season, after a break. I mean, other players are known to not be 100% after a break, and often lose their first match when they return to competition. Does that turn them all into chokers? Does that mean they all have something wrong? I don't think so.
I'm sure Juan will have a lot of fun with Chucho, playing doubles. And yes, he will have some drink for the NY, and this, with no guilt ;)

cobalt60
12-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Best on his next tournie :)

Ferrero Forever
01-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Whats his next tournament, Sydney or Melbourne? Just so long as he does well in Melbourne where it really matters, it's all good. I can't wait to see him live in 2 weeks time:)

VolandriFan
01-02-2008, 12:05 AM
We all have faith in Juan Martin and I feel he can make some big progress this year, it's just not a good foot to start the season on. It would be ideal if he could win at least one or two matches a Sydney (draw permitting), as he can gain a lot of ranking points at the Australian Open.

VolandriFan
01-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Juan and Acasuso withdrew from the doubles today, as Juan has a problem with his back. As far as I know at this stage it is purely precautionary.

Thanks for that. Is there any chance the injury played a part in his first round loss?

Lala186
01-02-2008, 10:30 PM
ohh what a pity.. he lost against Russel but i think he will do his best the next tournament!!!!!!

skywater
01-03-2008, 01:19 AM
er,injury?
i hope he will be ok

Ferrero Forever
01-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Geez that sucks that he had to play on one of the hot days. In Melbourne we usually get Adelaide's weather a few days later, and yeah it was really hot. I can understand that he doesn't like the heat, so that would be a big factor in why he lost. Unfortunately I've been keeping an eye on the forecast in Melbourne, and next wednesday it's gonna be 33, and then 38 on thursday, so hopefully the hot weather can be done with next week, leaving the aus open nice and cool, but I doubt it.

chocc0
01-03-2008, 11:55 AM
yay he's coming to sydney!

skywater
01-05-2008, 04:40 AM
http://up1.googletounion.com/data/sport/34/63/27/a/08/01/20080105_5e384954e090b7766d55f4OeLWYzHvcm.jpg

(1) GASQUET, Richard FRA v ANDREEV, Igor RUS
TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS v WAWRINKA, Stanislas SUI
GROSJEAN, Sebastien FRA v (WC)LUCZAK, Peter AUS
LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP v (8) VERDASCO, Fernando ESP

(3) BLAKE, James USA v SANTORO, Fabrice FRA
QUALIFIER v (SE) SIRIANNI, Joseph AUS
QUALIFIER v QUALIFIER
DEL POTRO, Juan Martin ARG v (7) MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA

(6) HEWITT, Lleyton AUS v MAHUT, Nicolas FRA
(WC) GUCCIONE, Chris AUS v QUALIFIER
SIMON, Gilles FRA v FISH, Mardy USA
VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA v (4) BERDYCH, Tomas CZE

(5) MOYA, Carlos ESP v KOUBEK, Stefan AUT
CALLERI, Agustin ARG v (WC) JONES, Greg AUS
SEPPI, Andreas ITA v TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried FRA
STEPANEK, Radek CZE v (2) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP

Ferrero Forever
01-05-2008, 07:31 AM
Ah it could be worse. Demolish him Juan Martin!!!

linus
01-05-2008, 04:01 PM
No injury again :(

Nev
01-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Vs PH :(
He won vs. him last year in Adelaida... but this Mathieu has more confidence, let's hope he can win :D

~Jesi~
01-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Good Luck Juan :)

cobalt60
01-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Go JM! :yeah: Do your best :)

skywater
01-07-2008, 02:22 PM
good luck,delpo

skywater
01-08-2008, 04:20 AM
withdraw?
er
i hope he will be ok

Gamas
01-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Del Potro se retiró lesionado del torneo de Sydney

1/8/2008 | 09:38 | SYDNEY -

Por la primera ronda debía enfrentar al francés Paul Henri Mathieu pero sufrió una lesión en la zona baja de la espalda. Podría llegar sin problemas al Abierto de Australia.

El tandilense Juan Martín Del Potro, número 50 del mundo, debió retirarse sin jugar del torneo Internacional de Tenis de Sydney debido a una lesión en la espalda, según reveló el propio jugador.

Del Potro debía jugar contra el séptimo cabeza de serie, el francés Paul-Henri Mathieu, en partido de primera ronda, pero al mediodía de hoy informó a los organizadores que se retiraba del evento.

"Tengo un dolor en la zona baja de la espalda. Es como un pinchazo en uno de los discos y estoy esperando los resultados de los exámenes de los médicos que me atendieron", manifestó Del Potro al ser consultado sobre la razón de su retirada.

"No parece ser una lesión seria porque no podría caminar ni hacer nada. De hecho, estuve jugando muy poquito para ver si podía entrar a la cancha, pero no será posible", añadió el tenista de Tandil.

"Creo que lo mejor es no arriesgar aquí y cuidarme para el Abierto de Australia", concluyó Del Potro.

Hrastar
01-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Rest, get well for "Oz" open and then make to the 4th round :worship:

VAMOS DELPOOO

VolandriFan
01-09-2008, 12:29 AM
VAMOS DELPOOO

We should make a habit of that.

I hope he's out firing in Australia so I can cheer him on!

VAMOS DELPO!!!

Ferrero Forever
01-10-2008, 04:44 AM
Oh geez, but JMDP hasn't withdrawn from the AO has he? I really hope I can see him in a few days

VolandriFan
01-10-2008, 06:37 AM
Oh geez, but JMDP hasn't withdrawn from the AO has he? I really hope I can see him in a few days

No, not yet. I don't think he will either, it seemed more precautionary than anything.

Ferrero Forever
01-10-2008, 10:32 AM
No, not yet. I don't think he will either, it seemed more precautionary than anything.

Thank god for that. I hope it doesn't affect his performance at all.

skywater
01-11-2008, 04:22 AM
not a good draw
ORZ.........

skywater
01-14-2008, 10:20 AM
OOP
http://up1.googletounion.com/data/sport/34/63/27/a/08/03/20080114_b7c6560c9a0156d1010fiwpSW9yPku1B.jpg

good luck

Lala186
01-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Good luck Juanma ;)

VolandriFan
01-15-2008, 08:14 AM
Juan Martin is handling Santiago easily so far. :yeah:

skywater
01-15-2008, 09:35 AM
6-3,6-1,6-3

http://up1.googletounion.com/data/sport/34/63/27/a/08/03/20080115_0be4b700a717d81dfaa1MgsglKxBjTEN.jpg

Lala186
01-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Congratulations to him!!!!... i wanna see his next match

good victory**

NicoFan
01-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Yeay for Juan!! :woohoo:

Nice win. :yeah:

skywater
01-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Del Potro, sin coach.
Juan Martín del Potro, que se recupera de una dolencia mientras espera su debut en el Abierto de Australia, ya no cuenta con Eduardo Infantino como entrenador.
Para la próxima gira sobre canchas rápidas en los Estados Unidos, Delpo viajará con Marcelo Gómez, el hombre que descubrió a los principales talentos en Tandil. "Hay muchos nombres, pero su equipo de trabajo tiene una base sólida, así que veremos si se incorpora algún coach", le dijo Daniel, el padre del jugador, a LA NACION.
Del Potro, de 19 años, está acompañado en Melbourne por el preparador físico Horacio Anselmi y el sparring Pablo Fuente. Por una inflamación en la parte posterior cintura que le impedía sacar, el tandilense se retiró del torneo de Sydney.

er
i hope everything will be ok

Julio1974
01-15-2008, 04:49 PM
It seems that he has a broken vertebra.

http://www.infobae.com/contenidos/359271-100795-0-Del-Potro-ganó-pero-peligra-su-futuro-Australia

cobalt60
01-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Ouch; broken back and a different team?

skywater
01-16-2008, 07:20 AM
http://up1.googletounion.com/data/sport/34/63/27/a/08/03/20080116_64f4017ba8a256887bbb3dYuaXB9ilNo.jpg

VolandriFan
01-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Tomorrow is going to be great. I'll definitely see Delpo in action for the second time :D

Lala186
01-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Come on Juanma, i think he will recover... ;););)

fhiriburu
01-16-2008, 07:26 PM
It's a real shame he's actually injured...The article says he might be 3 months out due to the back problem...

Also I don't like players not having a coach...WTF I hope pìcs don't destroy him

Sakura 0101
01-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Oh that's too bad.:sad:
get well soon JM.:hug:
and i really hope he find his REAL coach as David finaly met Martin Jaite.:D
Anyway good luck to today's match. VAMOS JM :bounce:

skywater
01-17-2008, 06:00 AM
retired

er
have a good rest,poor delpo

Ferrero Forever
01-17-2008, 10:08 AM
I don't know if this will make you guys feel any better, but I saw the first set of the match and there was terrific tennis from both players. I thoroughly enjoyed what I saw today.

linus
01-17-2008, 11:17 AM
too bad :tears: I really hate Mr.Injury :mad:

VolandriFan
01-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Juan was playing a great match, but his back was clearly bothering him. People were criticizing his decision to retire, but I'd noticed him stretching his back for the entire match, and he'd already called for the trainer.

After losing the second set, he became really frustrated and slammed a ball out of the stadium before calling it quits.

fhiriburu
01-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Juan was serving at 170kph...he barely couldn't move, but saw the first set and there were long rallies and intense points...you can say that if he were healthy, he could have a chance at least for winning a set

Lala186
01-17-2008, 06:45 PM
What a pity. Juanma was playing great..but his back wasn´t good ... well, i hope he will recover from his back as soon as possible :)

StevoTG
01-26-2008, 01:16 AM
Any idea of how many tournaments Juan will miss? I have him in my fantasy tennis team and want to know if I need to replace him... obviously his problems with the injury are far bigger than mine though, heal well Delpo ;)

VolandriFan
01-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Any idea of how many tournaments Juan will miss? I have him in my fantasy tennis team and want to know if I need to replace him... obviously his problems with the injury are far bigger than mine though, heal well Delpo ;)

I'd love to know that too. The injury is quite serious but we don't know much about it. I'm sure Delpo has recieved some results by now and we can find out exactly what the injury is and its severity. If he only has pain while serving, I'd still say it's advisable for him to rest up until he's pain free. You should probably replace him, but it might hurt his feelings. :awww:

skywater
03-26-2008, 08:13 PM
7-5,6-1
good job~~

cobalt60
03-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Hard to come back and win after time off. His serve appears a bit rusty;) Hope the back holds up :yeah: Good luck in the next round.

VolandriFan
03-27-2008, 02:35 AM
I'm overjoyed :bounce:

Welcome back Juan :hug:

Horatio Caine
03-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Rosie, do you know if he is planning to come to Notts this year? Was good to see him last year, even if he did sulk a little during his Karlovic defeat. :p

kai.
04-18-2008, 11:51 PM
- * Masters Series Monte-Carlo (MON) - Del 21 al 27 de Abril

http://www.atptennis.com/5/graphics/tournamentlogos/monte08.jpg

Superficie: Clay

Paga: €2,270,000

Site: http://montecarlo.masters-series.com/1/en/home

- Q1 -

[13] Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG) a Roko Karanusic (CRO)
6-3 6-2

- Q2 -

[13] Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG) vs [1] Marc Gicquel (FRA)

skywater
04-19-2008, 03:17 AM
good luck,delpo

VolandriFan
04-19-2008, 05:55 AM
Qualies :ras:

Our boy deserves to be winning these titles, not playing in qualification draws. ;)

He can easily get past Karanusic :rocker2:

Lala186
04-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Good for Juanma
Come onnnnnnnnnnn...he is the only Argi who I support now

:D

VolandriFan
04-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Juan lost to Gicquel :sad:

cobalt60
04-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Not sure what is up with him. Had so much promise :shrug:

kai.
04-26-2008, 09:28 PM
* BMW Open (GER) - Del 28 de Abril al 4 de Mayo
Superficie: Clay

Paga: €370,000

Site: http://www.bmwopen.de

R1

DEL POTRO, Juan Martin ARG def CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA
6-3,6-1

R1

DEL POTRO, Juan Martin ARG vs. ..

VolandriFan
04-27-2008, 02:12 AM
Clement is a good first round match for sexy Delpo on clay. I can definitely see him advancing :D

skywater
04-28-2008, 05:46 AM
Del Potro/Lee (ARG/KOR) - (4)Levinsky/Skoch (CZE)

doubles

skywater
04-28-2008, 04:09 PM
6-3,6-1
12ACE
er~~good job

cobalt60
04-28-2008, 07:55 PM
:yeah:

kai.
04-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Go juan!

VolandriFan
04-29-2008, 04:24 AM
12 aces :eek:

I knew he'd win ;)

Jimnik
04-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Whichever tournament I attend I seem to always bump into JMDP. I saw him practising on Sunday and again today playing doubles with Lee. They lost unfortunately 2-6 5-7 but JM was never broken. And I think both of them were never really fully plugged into the match. It was mostly a practise session.

Jimnik
04-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Here's a brief clip of the doubles match today. JM serving at 2-2 in the 2nd.

blyiG3dU85o

You can admire my camera skills. :o :p

skywater
05-01-2008, 06:04 PM
1-6,6-0,6-4
well done~~

kai.
05-02-2008, 08:42 AM
thank uuu!! :hug:

VolandriFan
05-02-2008, 01:37 PM
He's serving much better. I think his ascent will be rather rapid from now, it's so exciting! :D

skywater
05-04-2008, 01:40 AM
Q-R1
http://bbs.tennis.com.cn/uploadFiles/2008-05/4_7793162_1.jpg

Q-R2
COURT 6 start 12:00 noon
G. Monfils (FRA) vs O. Patience (FRA)
[WC] T. Fabbiano (ITA) vs B. Pashanski (SRB)
J. Del Potro (ARG) vs B. Becker (GER)

skywater
05-04-2008, 01:41 AM
good luck,boy

skywater
05-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Q-R2
http://bbs.tennis.com.cn/uploadFiles/2008-05/4_7797985_1.jpg

:Dgood job

skywater
05-04-2008, 05:08 PM
CAMPO 1 start 13:00
S Darcis (BEL) vs I Ljubicic (CRO)
G Canas (ARG) vs [WC] G Naso (ITA)
N Almagro (ESP) vs [WC] F Cipolla (ITA)
[16] A Murray (GBR) vs [Q] J Del Potro (ARG)

VolandriFan
05-05-2008, 07:37 AM
Looks like he served well :yeah:

As crazy as this may sound, I give him a chance against Murray.

NicoFan
05-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Poor Juan Martin. :hug:

It made me so sad to see him crying like that.

And the stupid commentators weren't nice with their I've never seen that on court before. Idiots. :(

I hope he's okay. :hug:

skywater
05-06-2008, 01:33 AM
DEL POTRO INJURY SENDS MURRAY TO ROUND 2

Things were not looking good for Andy Murray. After dropping the first set to Juan Martin Del Potro, the Scott seemed on his way out of the Rome Masters-Series. However giving up is an expression that is not in Murrays vocabulary. The 2008 Marseille champion hung in there and ended up breaking his opponent at 4-4 to seal the second set 6-4 and tie it up at one set apiece. The third and final set looked as though it was going to be a long battle into the Romaine night. However after dropping his serve in the opening game, the young Argentine injured his lower back in midrun while being down 30-0. It was in tears that Juan Martin Del Potro had to retire allowing his opponent to go through to the second round. Murray will face his good friend Stanislas Wawrinka.

skywater
05-06-2008, 01:34 AM
R1

http://bbs.tennis.com.cn/uploadFiles/2008-05/6_7806592_1.jpg

VolandriFan
05-07-2008, 05:13 AM
:sobbing: I hope it's not an aggravation of the fracture.

skywater
05-07-2008, 06:26 AM
"Me angustié mucho porque estaba jugando bien y otra vez me toca sufrir una lesión, aunque me tranquilicé al saber que no tenía nada que ver con la anterior. Siempre es feo abandonar un partido. Ahora me vuelvo a la Argentina. Tendré, en principio, 10 días de recuperación y luego me entrenaré para tratar de estar en Roland Garros", dijo Juan Martín del Potro a LA NACION desde Roma, luego de su abandono ante el escocés Andy Murray en la primera rueda del torneo, por un microdesgarro lumbar.

i hope he will be ok

VolandriFan
05-07-2008, 10:21 AM
At least that's something good. This back injury has nothing to do with the previous one. I don't think he should feel bad about retiring, he was in a lot of pain.

Good luck for RG Delpo!

kai.
05-24-2008, 11:19 PM
R1

Juan Martín Del Potro (ARG) vs Fabio Fognini (ITA)

skywater
05-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Fognini replaced by lucky loser Ouanna

Court 2 11:00
1. Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Josselin Ouanna (FRA) v. Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG)

skywater
05-25-2008, 12:37 PM
6-3,6-2,6-3~~
good job

Sagiel
05-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Good match for JM, his movement looked good, no signs of injury and his service really worked well, most of the time he was very aggressive (by his standards) whenever he got the first service in. Ouanna FH was quite poor and overall he didn't pose much of a treat to JM, even when he got to BP Ouanna looked lost. 2nd round will be a much bigger test for Del Potro.

VolandriFan
05-26-2008, 07:15 AM
Very well done Juany.

Who's up next?

Sagiel
05-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Bolelli won big against Baggy, he is a real test for JM but far from impossible.

cobalt60
05-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Good luck to JMP :yeah:

Nev
05-28-2008, 08:17 PM
He lost :(
He couldn't take advantage of his break points. There wasn't TV for that match, but from what I saw in the livescore he could have won the third set, he was 0-40 and 5-4 serving Bolelli...
Bolelli was in good form, so the loss was in the expectations.
Waiting for grass season :)

Sagiel
05-28-2008, 08:49 PM
I expected a loss but to convert only 3 out of 15 BPs is inexcusable. His mental fortitude hasn't improved, could be a confidence issue. Serve stats look ok.

Lala186
05-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Ohh sorry for Juanma,but he is still very young :P .... next year!

kai.
06-23-2008, 09:54 PM
R1 - Singles:

Juan Martín Del Potro (ARG) vs. Pavel Snobel (CZE)
6-4 6-2 6-3

R1 - Dobles:

[16] Benneteau/Mahut (FRA) vs Hrbaty/Del Potro (SVK/ARG)

:wavey:

skywater
06-24-2008, 02:03 AM
come on,boy~~

cobalt60
06-24-2008, 02:24 AM
And he did :yeah:

VolandriFan
06-24-2008, 04:01 AM
Well done Delpo :hug:

VolandriFan
06-26-2008, 03:39 AM
Poor Juan lost to Wawrinka in three sets.

Not too bad really considering Wawrinka's ranking (even if he's not at home on grass), but Juan wasted a lot of opportunities.

kai.
06-26-2008, 04:53 AM
siii!!

dam

kai.
07-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Doubles - R1
DEL POTRO/SCHWANK (ARG) vs (3) MARACH/MERTINAK (AUT/SVK)

Singles - R1
Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG) vs Evgeny Korolev(RUS)

skywater
07-07-2008, 02:03 AM
good luck

skywater
07-07-2008, 02:59 PM
6-3,7-5
good job~~

kai.
07-08-2008, 03:35 AM
yeah!!

kai.
07-10-2008, 09:05 AM
R2 -

Juan vs Simone Bolelli (ITA)

skywater
07-10-2008, 10:11 AM
tough match
vamos delpo

skywater
07-10-2008, 04:06 PM
yeah~~~he win
6-3,3-6,6-3

cobalt60
07-12-2008, 02:28 AM
Into the SF's against his doubles partner.:lol:

skywater
07-12-2008, 02:43 AM
:worship:come on

kai.
07-12-2008, 04:22 AM
hahahaa this is sooo funny!

Nev
07-12-2008, 05:18 AM
Come on Delpo, tomorrow vs Schwank :(
I'm neutral so I hope it's a good match :)

kai.
07-12-2008, 01:56 PM
6-2/6-4 (=

skywater
07-12-2008, 01:56 PM
6-2,6-4
first final~~~
VAMOS

Nev
07-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Eduardo :hug:
Juan repeated what he did to Kohly, he was good on serve and better on important decisions. However, Schwank returned better, he sometimes put pressure on Juan's second serve.
I'm very excited with these two guys :worship:
Good luck in the final JM! :D

PD: Please don't call the firemen :yeah: (rights author, ejem)

cobalt60
07-12-2008, 04:40 PM
:banana:
I like Gasquet as well so here's hoping to an excellent final :yeah:

skywater
07-13-2008, 04:25 PM
champion
OH YEAH!!!

kai.
07-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Juan a Gasquet
6-4/7-5 :p

Nev
07-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Come on Juan :worship:
I'm very happy his first title! He made my day :p

Queens.
07-13-2008, 06:40 PM
Juan Martin will be a top 45 next week! :yeah:

RogiFan88
07-13-2008, 07:59 PM
;)

Felicitaciones a JuanMa!!! Well done on winning your first ATP title, Stuttgart!!

Hope to see JuanMa in TO...

Eugenia
07-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Congratulations Juan Martin!!! :bigclap: :bounce: Finally he won his first title! :banana: :banana:

Impressive way to close the match :worship: And I love him driving that Mercedes-Benz! :lol: :hearts:

cobalt60
07-13-2008, 10:38 PM

HuaTuo
07-14-2008, 01:59 AM
:devil::worship::p

Snoo Foo
07-14-2008, 02:16 AM
:yeah: :woohoo: :banana: Effin. Awesome. :banana: :woohoo: :yeah:

Snoo Foo
07-14-2008, 02:17 AM
Hey does he even know how to :drive:?

:p

kai.
07-14-2008, 02:59 AM
hahaha sisi he knows

kai.
07-14-2008, 03:04 AM
Juanma vs Qualifier

:p he will not play doubles

skywater
07-14-2008, 03:33 AM
haha~~of course he knows~~he has his car~~

Nedved Rosicky
07-14-2008, 04:06 AM
http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2008news/spotlight_delpotro.asp

Argentine teenager Juan Martin del Potro captured his first ATP title at the MercedesCup in Stuttgart on Sunday, defeating second-seeded Frenchman Richard Gasquet 6-4, 7-5.

The 19-year-old becomes the sixth first time winner of an ATP title this year. ATPtennis.com caught up with the Tandil resident after his maiden triumph.

You had an incredibly tough draw to win your first ATP title, beating four seeds, what are your thoughts on this week?
It has been the best week of my life. I started to play very well in the second round against Simone Bolelli. When you beat good players on this surface you want to keep playing, you don’t want to change anything.

As a young junior player, did you ever dream of winning an ATP title? And would you expect to win it as a teenager?
When I was young, I always dreamt about my first ATP title, a Grand Slam or winning the Davis Cup. Now one of my dreams has become a reality and I have to savor this moment as I’ll never feel the same again.

You have been struggling this year with back problems, is this the best you have felt all season? Have you had any problems lately?
Yes, I started to feel better at Roland Garros when I started to work hard on my physical strength and tennis. I feel as if I have improved a lot. Now I have to continue to improve as Ernests Gulbis, Marin Cilic and I are the young players and a lot of people are expecting good things from us.

What did you do so well this week to win five matches in a row and capture your first ATP title?
When I served during the match, I didn’t miss easy balls. I hit a lot of first serves into court. Against a top player like [Richard] Gasquet that is important.

What goals did you have coming into this season? Now that you're back in the Top 50 and have won your first ATP title, what would you like to accomplish the rest of the year?
I would like to win more ATP titles, Masters Series events and go further at the Grand Slams. Now I feel I can win tournaments and play well against Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic. I think I could win on every surface.

You reached a career-high No. 44 in November last year. How would you compare the way you are playing now and back then?
Yes, I think I’m playing better now than last year. My improvement has been slow, but I’m happy with my biggest weapon: my serve. I have to keep improving in order to beat the top players.

You have had your best results on different surfaces. What would you consider as your favorite surface? And what are the strengths in your game?
After this week, that's a tough question. When you win a title on clay, they say you should keep playing on the surface. I like hard courts.

How would you look at the state of Argentine tennis right now?
I’m stronger than yesterday or last week, but Argentina has players that can compete on every surface. [Agustin] Calleri or someone might win the next tournament. We all try our best and hope to win many titles for Argentina.

Who introduced you and got you started in tennis? And is there anyone who has really helped you get where you are today?
I used to play football, so the coach who trained at the same club gave me a racquet. I played with some other children and that’s how I started. When I won today, I was thinking about my family and friends who have helped me to reach this level.

Was there any player(s) you admired and looked up to while growing up?
I really admired Lleyton Hewitt growing up. I’d love to achieve what he has done. For me, he is the best.

Snoo Foo
07-14-2008, 04:09 AM
I asked cuz when Nadal won in 05 (also at age 19) he didn't know how to drive yet... :eek:

woiwongfaye
07-14-2008, 04:31 AM
haha~~of course he knows~~he has his car~~

haha~~~

ps:28楼能不能请sky帮我们翻出来?我虽然也能翻,但是英语不如你的好啦,拜托拜托~~

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=146253&stc=1&d=1216006260

skywater
07-14-2008, 05:02 AM
嗯~~好吧
偶翻好了会帖过去的说

kai.
07-14-2008, 09:56 PM
00:13 | STUTTGART: DEL POTRO CAMPEON
Fierrazo
Delpo le pegó duro, venció a Gasquet en Alemania y ganó, a los 19 años, su primer ATP. El jugador de 1m98 se llevó un Mercedes SLK 350, que le regalará a la hermana.

Su sueño, el típico de cualquier nene que no sabe que su hobby será profesión algún día, era ganar un torneo de Grand Slam: el US Open. Desde su etapa adolescente, Lleyton Hewitt figura al tope de su lista de ídolos...

Juan Martín del Potro fue quizás a contramano de lo que se podía adivinar para él: su primer título ATP llegó en la superficie más lenta, el polvo de ladrillo, y lejos de plantear un juego de contragolpe como Hewitt, construye su ataque alrededor del servicio y se acostumbró a "tirar con orden". Esto es, ser ofensivo pero armando el punto, sin entrar en ansiedades. Delpo (o Palito, o Enano; hay variantes para su apodo) edificó así la mejor semana de su carrera, que coronó ayer con una gran victoria sobre el francés Richard Gasquet por 6-4 y7-5 en Stuttgart, torneo que últimamente le cae bien al tenis argentino.

"Justo acá vengo a ganar, donde te regalan un auto", se extrañaba el tandilense, antes de jugar con el Mercedes SLK 350 (se suma a un cheque de 118.000 euros). "Richard tiene dinero para comprarse varios de estos", bromeó al micrófono. Primero le costaba la palanca de la caja automática, después lo sacó arando. En vez de lucirlo por las calles de Tandil, Juan Martín encontró destinataria de tremendo regalo: su hermana Julieta, que ayer cumplió años.

El primer título ATP, logrado con suficiencia (apenas un set perdido, en octavos frente a su amigo italiano Simone Bolelli), sin verse perjudicado por la presión de jugar su primera final, ratifica el status de nuevo gran valor de nuestro tenis. Debió pasar el necesario período de adaptación al circuito grande, en el que sufrió problemas físicos derivados de su altura (1m98), especialmente en la espalda.

Del Potro es el cuarto jugador más alto entre los top 100 (ver página 30), cargo que comparte con el estadounidense Sam Querrey. La altura beneficia el servicio, su mejor característica. Sobre él construye su juego. "Franco (Davin, su DT) me recalca eso, que debo aprovechar un saque tan bueno", recita Delpo. Pese a los casi dos metros, el argentino no es tosco; resuelve las pelotas bajas y se prende en los duelos de voleas y toques.

Ayer lo sufrió Gasquet, a quien quebró cuatro veces, dos al final de cada set. Una breve interrupción por lluvia en 4-3 del segundo set para el francés no alteró el devenir de la final. El ex top ten (15° hasta ayer, 11° hoy) ayudó en el décimo game y Delpo cerró con su saque, sin perder un punto. Hoy saltará del 65° al 44° lugar.

Cuidar su físico es hoy más importante que mejorarle un golpe; en eso trabaja el PF Martiniano Orazi. En los consejos de cómo manejar la carrera, lo seguirán asistiendo sus amigos y vecinos Mariano Zabaleta y Juan Mónaco. A los 19, Del Potro es uno de los jugadores que se vienen. Y Alberto Mancini lo sigue: es otro candidato fuerte al single de la Davis en la semifinal contra los rusos.

http://www.ole.com.ar

StevoTG
07-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Juan :worship: :bounce:

skywater
07-15-2008, 02:16 AM
delpo will face Josselin OUANNA today
good luck

Nev
07-15-2008, 06:14 AM
come on llamita haha

skywater
07-15-2008, 12:42 PM
6-3,6-3~~
good job

cobalt60
07-15-2008, 01:51 PM
:banana: He is on a roll :)

kai.
07-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Next round Roitman :P

Nev
07-15-2008, 09:01 PM
Next round Roitman :PHow many games is he going to take?:devil:
Better not say anything until the match starts:rolleyes:

skywater
07-18-2008, 04:17 PM
he defeat Roitman 6-2,6-4
defeat Devilder 6-2,6-3
ccome on~~boy

cobalt60
07-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Exciting for him :yeah:

kai.
07-18-2008, 08:35 PM
:woohoo: Congrats!

skywater
07-19-2008, 05:37 PM
6-3,7-6(5)
final again~~
vamos!!!!!!!!!!!!

kai.
07-19-2008, 08:47 PM

skywater
07-20-2008, 02:16 PM
6-2,6-1
in one hour~~
haha

Forza
07-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Singles - Final
[7] J Del Potro (ARG) d [6] J Melzer (AUT) 62 61

Timotheus
07-20-2008, 02:36 PM
amazing form. Too bad he won't play Toronto. He is in the top 30 now!

cobalt60
07-20-2008, 02:42 PM
This is great for him :yeah:

Forza
07-20-2008, 02:54 PM
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2998/kitzcu6.th.jpg (http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kitzcu6.jpg) http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9571/340xdw2.th.jpg (http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=340xdw2.jpg) http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5425/206377oa1.th.jpg (http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=206377oa1.jpg) http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7811/340xpq9.th.jpg (http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=340xpq9.jpg) http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/940/340xjpg1vl9.th.jpg (http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=340xjpg1vl9.jpg) http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/5701/610xlf9.th.jpg (http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=610xlf9.jpg) http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/3671/winfp6.th.jpg (http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=winfp6.jpg) http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5340/win2je6.th.jpg (http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=win2je6.jpg) http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1202/610xvk9.th.jpg (http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=610xvk9.jpg) http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2483/juanve1.th.jpg (http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=juanve1.jpg) http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3002/winnerjd4.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=winnerjd4.jpg)

cobalt60
07-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Nice photos thanks :yeah: Nice to see Jurgen as well.

RogiFan88
07-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Felicitaciones, JuanMa!! your second title -- Kitzbuhel, King of the Mountains!!!

Well done!

JuanMa will be dangerous on the hc...

StevoTG
07-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Well done Juan :worship::bigclap::hatoff:

kai.
07-20-2008, 08:23 PM
:bigclap::bigclap::bigclap::bigclap::bigclap::bigc lap:

Felicitaciones!!!

Eugenia
07-22-2008, 03:59 PM
AUSTRIAN OPEN - Kitzbühel, Austria
July 20, 2008

Del Potro Captures Second Straight ATP Title

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8343/delpotrokitzbuhel7nm3.jpg
© ATP

Seventh-seeded Argentine Juan Martin del Potro (pictured) capped a marvelous two weeks by defeating No. 6 seed and home favorite Jurgen Melzer 6-2, 6-1 at the Austrian Open in Kitzbuhel on Sunday to capture his second straight ATP singles title.

Last week, the 19-year-old del Potro claimed his maiden ATP singles title at Stuttgart, defeating World No. 15 Richard Gasquet in the final. He becomes just the second player after Rafael Nadal (Monte-Carlo – Barcelona; Roland Garros – Queen’s Club) to win back-to-back ATP tournaments this season.

"It's another dream for me, another tournament," said del Potro. "In two weeks I played ten matches and won all of them. This week I didn't lose a set so I'm very happy. I have served very well both weeks and I think I changed a little bit my mind, I was always concentrating. When you play big matches you have to be focused all the time and now I am getting focused on the important points and that's the difference."

The Tandil resident also becomes the fourth consecutive Argentine winner at Kitzbuhel, joining Juan Monaco (2007), Agustin Calleri (’06) and Gaston Gaudio (‘05). Guillermo Coria’s victory in 2003 makes del Potro the fifth Argentine winner in the past six years.

The Argentine is now projected to move up into the Top 30 of the South African Airways ATP Rankings for the first time. "I have to continue in this way, I don't have to change anything so I'm just going to work and work and wait for more results," said del Potro.

The right-hander, who is making his event debut in Kitzbuhel, capitalized on five of 10 break point opportunities against Melzer, breaking twice in the first set and three times in the second, and dropped just six points on serve throughout in a stunning performance as he cruised to victory in just 59 minutes. His tournament record now stands at 5-0.

Currently level with his career-high at No. 44 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings, del Potro has also made a semifinal exit at ‘s-Hertogenbosch (l. to Ferrer) and a quarterfinal appearance in Munich (l. to El Aynaoui) to add to his two titles. He improves his season match record to 19-8.

The 27-year-old Melzer slips to a 1-6 lifetime record in ATP singles finals; his lone victory came at 2006 Bucharest (d. Volandri). He was contesting his first final since 2007 Las Vegas, where he finished runner-up to Lleyton Hewitt.

The Vienna native is the first Austrian to reach the Kitzbuhel singles final since Thomas Muster finished runner-up to Albert Costa in 1995. The left-hander was bidding to become the first home champion since Muster’s triumph in 1993.

"Of course it's disappointing to lose a final, especially when it's at home, but Juan Martin played unbelievably, he didn't miss a ball and I was struggling from the beginning," confessed Melzer. "6-2, 6-1 is a tough loss, but I think he deserves it. I've always struggled to play in Kitzbuhel and being in the final this year is a very special thing for me and having had the chance to take the title home would have been really great."

World No. 65 Melzer, who made quarterfinal exits at Poertschach (l. Kunistyn) and ‘s-Hertogenbosch (l. to Gicquel) earlier in the season, slips to 18-18 for the season. He has now lost his past 14 of 16 matches against Argentine opponents, and has slumped to three straight losses against del Potro.

Congratulations Juan!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Forza
07-22-2008, 08:47 PM
THANKS thanks THANKS for posting

gogrox
07-23-2008, 12:58 PM
does anybody know why he does not play in toronto this week?????

HuaTuo
07-23-2008, 02:32 PM
does anybody why he does not play in toronto this week?????

No WC
No SE
No time to play Q

Forza
07-27-2008, 01:41 PM
After his win....

"I've always dreamed as a young boy of winning a turnament, and now I've done it. It's just unbelivable."

:bowdown:

Getta
08-05-2008, 03:02 AM
Juan's half of the draw:

(7) Carlos MOYA (ESP) vs. (WC) Xavier MALISSE (BEL)
(Q) Amer DELIC (USA) vs. Dudi SELA (ISR)
Igor KUNITSYN (RUS) vs. (Q) Andrea STOPPINI (ITA)
BYE / (3) Juan Martin DEL POTRO (ARG)

(6) Mardy FISH (USA) vs. Alejandro FALLA (COL)
Vincent SPADEA (USA) vs. Sebastien GROSJEAN (FRA)
(Q) Andrey GOLUBEV (KAZ) vs. Florent SERRA (FRA)
BYE / (2/WC) Fernando VERDASCO (ESP)

skywater
08-05-2008, 05:19 AM
hope he has a good result in LA
come on~~

Getta
08-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Juan is also playing in the doubles with Italian Fabio Fognini.

The pair beat Rik de Voest and Bobby Reynolds yesterday.

jeahhh!
08-06-2008, 06:48 PM
A few pictures from his doubles match yesterday.
http://thumb5.webshots.net/t/69/569/2/58/4/2703258040101579365HgboIr_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2703258040101579365HgboIr)http://thumb5.webshots.net/t/69/569/1/34/15/2954134150101579365VScjCB_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2954134150101579365VScjCB)http://thumb5.webshots.net/t/69/569/7/40/35/2426740350101579365tORunl_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2426740350101579365tORunl)

Getta
08-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Thanks, Aimee. :hatoff:

Getta
08-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Juan beat Stoppini 6-4 6-2. :yeah:

The winner of Moya/Delic will be his opponent in the QFs tomorrow.

tutti
08-08-2008, 01:32 AM
http://bbs.tennis.com.cn/uploadFiles/2008-08/8_8412753_1.jpg

tutti
08-08-2008, 01:33 AM
http://bbs.tennis.com.cn/uploadFiles/2008-08/8_8412808_1.jpg

Getta
08-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Amer Delic is next.

Not surprising that Juan and Fabio beat Lalo and Nando. :shrug:

cobalt60
08-08-2008, 02:44 AM

kai.
08-08-2008, 06:55 AM
IT WAS AWSOME singles and doubles match =P tomorrow i will upload the pics than i taked =)

Hendu
08-09-2008, 06:56 AM
JM beated Delic 7-6 6-2. Fish next.

This is his 4th semifinal in the last 5 tournaments. And also won his 12th match in a row.

tutti
08-09-2008, 07:33 AM
http://bbs.tennis.com.cn/uploadFiles/2008-08/9_8418575_1.jpg

cobalt60
08-09-2008, 01:51 PM
He is on a roll :rocker2: This is great for him and his team :yeah: I give credit to Amer as well for playing a good tournie.

Getta
08-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Juan beat Fish 6-2 6-1 and rolled unhindered into his third consecutive final. :worship:

He will face there the winner of the match Roddick vs. Gremelmayr.

Hendu
08-09-2008, 10:34 PM
http://silcas.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/pescado.jpg

Getta
08-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Hehehe.

tutti
08-10-2008, 02:02 AM
http://bbs.tennis.com.cn/uploadFiles/2008-08/10_8422307_1.jpg

tutti
08-10-2008, 02:02 AM
http://bbs.tennis.com.cn/uploadFiles/2008-08/10_8422341_1.jpg

kai.
08-10-2008, 02:30 AM
iam sooo happy
haha i will go tomorrow to the finals =P
i hope juan win

*Raine
08-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Yay.. I hope he beats Andy.

tutti
08-10-2008, 05:42 PM
i hope too
vamos

Getta
08-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Juan's half of the draw:

[5] Mardy FISH (USA) vs. Alejandro FALLA (COL)
Florent SERRA (FRA) vs. [WC] Uladzimir IGNATIK (BLR)
Wayne ODESNIK (USA) vs. Nicolas MAHUT (FRA)
QUALIFIER vs. [4] Tommy HAAS (GER)

[8] Marcel GRANOLLERS (ESP) vs. John ISNER (USA)
Donald YOUNG (USA) vs. Luis HORNA (PER)
Dudi SELA (ISR) vs. Vincent SPADEA (USA)
[WC] Jesse LEVINE (USA) vs. [2] Juan Martin DEL POTRO (ARG)

Getta
08-10-2008, 11:46 PM
Juan beat Roddick 6-1 7-6(2).

Third consecutive title - 14 matches winning streak :worship:

According to the ATP site:

The streak is the second-longest on the ATP circuit this year, only behind Rafael Nadal's 32 consecutive wins.
He became the first Argentine to win a hard court title in North America since Guillermo Canas captured Toronto in 2002.

Hendu
08-10-2008, 11:57 PM
roasted duck

Well done Juan Martin!!!!

tutti
08-10-2008, 11:58 PM
http://bbs.tennis.com.cn/uploadFiles/2008-08/11_8426129_1.jpg

Hendu
08-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Now he has to win Washington, skip New Haven and win the US Open. Then beat the Russians in the Davis Cup...

I have all planned :p

Go Delpo!

Forza
08-11-2008, 12:26 AM
wow

enhorabuena Juan Martín!!! :worship:
3 titles in a row :)

08-11-2008, 02:00 AM
Great win for Juan :D It had been some time since I have been able to see him play on T.V. I was not only impressed by his tennis, but he has become so good looking now :drool:

Nev
08-11-2008, 02:35 AM
For a strange reason, as I was looking the match I felt this was a little expected... what I didn't expect was Roddick in that level in the first set, but he did like that all the season so it's not something weird.

Congratulations Delpo!!!!! What a way to crack the Top 20, unbelievable for me :D

Hendu
08-11-2008, 04:43 AM
Pretty much the same field of LA.

Seeded:
1. Roddick
2. Del Potro
3. Lopez, F.
4. Haas
5. Fish
6. Safin
7. Gicquel
8. Granollers

Singles and doubles draws (http://www.leggmasontennisclassic.com/upload/411.pdf)

Juan Martín doesn't play doubles.

Ranking Points awarded:

Winner 175
Final 120
Semifinal 75
Quarterfinal 40
2nd Round 15
1st Round 0

kai.
08-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Niceeee draw for juancito!!

cobalt60
08-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Juan beat Roddick 6-1 7-6(2).

Third consecutive title - 14 matches winning streak :worship:

According to the ATP site:

The streak is the second-longest on the ATP circuit this year, only behind Rafael Nadal's 32 consecutive wins.
He became the first Argentine to win a hard court title in North America since Guillermo Canas captured Toronto in 2002.

:yippee:
Great news to wake up too for me!!!
Now do I check the Olympic results or not :scratch: Nah. :lol:

Corina2605
08-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Congrats to Juan Martin on an unbelievable season so far. It's great to see another guy from Tandil rocks the tennis world :)

Pepi.
08-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Well done Juan :banana:

:)

congrats :D

skywater
08-12-2008, 12:42 AM
I'm back
good luck in Washington

skywater
08-12-2008, 12:54 AM
good boy~~haha

dulkogi
08-12-2008, 03:36 AM
Go Juancho!

kai.
08-12-2008, 09:19 PM
he will play today =P

Hendu
08-13-2008, 04:10 AM
JM won 6-2 6-3.

Plays Sela in the next round.

Vamos Juan!

skywater
08-13-2008, 04:11 AM
Come On Delpo

*Raine
08-13-2008, 05:42 AM

kai.
08-13-2008, 06:14 AM
Vamoossss :woohoo:

Getta
08-14-2008, 04:17 AM
Juan defeated Sela 6-0 5-7 6-2. :yeah:
Inevitable signs of fatigue out there? :unsure: John Isner is next.

In any case, Juan should withdraw from New Haven and take a few days off.

skywater
08-14-2008, 04:46 AM
perhaps he watch the Olympic game
haha~~
the soccer in morning

kai.
08-14-2008, 04:53 AM
vamos juan vs isner :p

Fedeze14_gc
08-14-2008, 05:05 AM
Go Juanma

:)

Hendu
08-14-2008, 07:13 AM
Juan defeated Sela 6-0 5-7 6-2. :yeah:
Inevitable signs of fatigue out there? :unsure: John Isner is next.

In any case, Juan should withdraw from New Haven and take a few days off.

I'm sure he will skip New Haven... it would be silly to play, and I don't think Davin is silly. :)

Vamos Juan!

Getta
08-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Juan keeps rolling.

He defeated Isner 6-4 6-4. :yeah:

skywater
08-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Good Job
Come On~~

kai.
08-15-2008, 10:14 PM
:banana: now falla or haass :p

kai.
08-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Just Haasss :p..

i found than juan is on the grip cover :) Is an argie magazine.

http://i50.servimg.com/u/f50/12/50/74/77/222-2_10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=298&u=12507477)

http://i50.servimg.com/u/f50/12/50/74/77/222-1_10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=297&u=12507477)