Rafa fan site [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafa fan site

sorrowman
10-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Anyone know what happend at www.vamosrafel.com ? Its "down" for days...

cecilija
10-10-2006, 06:53 PM
I hacked it :banana:

nobama
10-10-2006, 06:54 PM
it merged with rafaelnadal.com?

mallorn
10-10-2006, 06:56 PM
it merged with rafaelnadal.com?
Sorta. :rolleyes:

The old mods and most of the gang can be found at www.vamosbrigade.com.

Neverstopfightin
10-10-2006, 07:07 PM
The old mods and most of the gang can be found at www.vamosbrigade.com.

If VR site owner is also there , ask her how much dough IMG paid her to make that website disappear

mallorn
10-10-2006, 07:11 PM
If VR site owner is also there , ask her how much dough IMG paid her to make that website disappear
She most definitely isn't.

alelysafina
10-10-2006, 07:12 PM
What happened with that whole website thing? Anyone have the story?

nobama
10-10-2006, 07:23 PM

http://www.offthebaseline.com/2006/09/21/what-you-missed-while-catching-up-on-weeds/

Anyway, as the former owner of VamosRafael.com, I want to tell you that there was no litigation between VR.com and Rafa’s management. If there was, they never told me about it.

And as for the ATP getting involved, I have no knowledge of that either.

We merged the sites when it became apparent that I couldn’t keep up the same level of quality Rafa fans had become used to. I’m hoping that RN.com will be able to do that in the future.

Vamos, Rafael!!!

Comment by Susan

Neverstopfightin
10-10-2006, 07:26 PM

I only know that everybody say it merged with the official site and I can't understand how people buy that story :shrug:

VamosRafael became the most important site of Rafa on internet so when the official site was launched they realized that they couldn't fight against VamosRafael and nobody cared about the shitty official site . Then I guess they used one of the most elemental business strategies buying his competitor and making it disappear .

mallorn
10-10-2006, 07:26 PM
We merged the sites when it became apparent that I couldn’t keep up the same level of quality Rafa fans had become used to.
Lol, lawyer talk.

mallorn
10-10-2006, 07:28 PM
I only know that everybody say it merged with the official site and I can't understand how people buy that story :shrug:

VamosRafael become the most important site of Rafa on internet so when the official site was launched they realized that they couldn't fight against VamosRafael and nobody cared about the shitty official site . Then I guess they used one of the most elemental business strategies buying his competitor and making it disappear .
It was more complicated than that. However, this is between VR.com and VB.com and so there's no need to go into details here.

alelysafina
10-10-2006, 07:30 PM
It was more complicated than that. However, this is between VR.com and VB.com and so there's no need to go into details here.

Why not? People want to know.

mallorn
10-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Why not? People want to know.
Sorry, I can't help you.

Neverstopfightin
10-10-2006, 07:32 PM
It was more complicated than that. .

For sure there were issues on rights and all that stuff , but if she sold that site it was just for one reason $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

alelysafina
10-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Sorry, I can't help you.

Do you know someone who can?

Corswandt
10-10-2006, 07:38 PM
This sux.

Much the same happened with www.mariaworld.net (which was thorough, lean, easy to navigate), I suppose. Now that address redirects to Sharapova's official site, which is cumbersome, heavy on flash and still light on content.

mallorn
10-10-2006, 07:41 PM
For sure there were issues on rights and all that stuff , but if she sold that site it was just for one reason $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I can only repeat, it was more complicated than that.

alelysafina
10-10-2006, 07:41 PM

yet you don't explain....

mallorn
10-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Do you know someone who can?
Not really, no. Sorry.

Neverstopfightin
10-10-2006, 07:42 PM

:nerner:

mallorn
10-10-2006, 07:44 PM
:nerner:
:lol: :kiss:

jayjay
10-10-2006, 07:45 PM
yet you don't explain....

You can read about it all on vamosbrigade, at least last time I was there it was all laid out and detailed. Get yourself some popcorn before you sit down and read it.

alelysafina
10-10-2006, 07:48 PM
You can read about it all on vamosbrigade, at least last time I was there it was all laid out and detailed. Get yourself some popcorn before you sit down and read it.

I don't see anything :shrug:

mallorn
10-10-2006, 07:49 PM
They took it down as far as I can see, which is why I don't want to talk about it. Otherwise I would've posted a link.

jayjay
10-10-2006, 07:50 PM
I don't see anything :shrug:

I haven't been there for a bit, last time I was there it was there for all to see. Maybe they removed it. Suffice to say when people say there was "more to it than that", believe me - they mean it. :lol:

jayjay
10-10-2006, 07:52 PM
They took it down as far as I can see, which is why I don't want to talk about it. Otherwise I would've posted a link.

Don't blame them really, at some point you have to move on and it looks like vamosbrigade have/are doing that. They are nice people - they linked KOC. :wavey:

alelysafina
10-10-2006, 07:53 PM
I haven't been there for a bit, last time I was there it was there for all to see. Maybe they removed it. Suffice to say when people say there was "more to it than that", believe me - they mean it. :lol:

:lol: I really want to see what happened, I was one of the first people to sign up on the original message board before it was hacked and replaced, but by
then I stopped going.

kisses
10-11-2006, 06:25 AM
in fact i'm just in shock when i found the VR.com disappeared.
because before that it seemed Susan an VR.com had more and more problems with the official website and Rafa's manager company.
that's why it shocked me that it merged in the official site suddenly.

anyway
now i went to VB.com
i'm so glad Rafa's fan site survived through this

bobdebouwer
10-11-2006, 08:02 AM
the first owner, susan, calls it a merging, but the heart of the vamosrafa-site didn't merge with the official rafaelnadal.com site.
and with the heart i mean the huge messageboard with all it's moderators.
That messageboard with all the moderators came back on the new vamosbrigade.com-site, which is allmost similar to the former vamosrafael.com-site. the only difference is actually that susan isn't involved in this site. On the old board she made it impossible for the old moderators to do their jobs and she acted like a dictator.
That's why all the moderators left the board , all at once, and then there was no-one left to help susan anymore.
so she came up with the merging-news, but actually there was nothing left to merge with....
it was all published on the vamosbrigade-site, but the moderators deleted that one time, i think they just want to forget it and just enjoy what they're doing on their own site and messageboard, which is better now than it was before.