NFL Monday Night [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NFL Monday Night

TFan1156
10-09-2006, 06:18 AM
Teaser, Denver +2, under 40

Here you have the home team +2 in a defensive war, two teams that no one is scoring anything to speak of off.

TFan1156
10-09-2006, 08:05 PM
bad weather in Denver tonight, snow mixed with rain...

flmmkrz
10-09-2006, 08:31 PM
like the under in the given conditions its the spread thats got me wondering. Should I tease the broncos or the ravens is what im wondering right now. +15 might not be a bad way to go

flmmkrz
10-09-2006, 09:11 PM
well the bad weather I believe means there wont be a rout one way or the other. A score max on either side i'd think decides this one so gimme

Ravens + 15.5 x Under 43

10pt 2 team teaser. x 2 units

TFan1156
10-09-2006, 09:18 PM
well the bad weather I believe means there wont be a rout one way or the other. A score max on either side i'd think decides this one so gimme

Ravens + 15.5 x Under 43

10pt 2 team teaser. x 2 units

Wow 10 points is quite a play, no such option at my book. Must be a lot of chalk on that...

bad gambler
10-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Fade away...

Broncos to cover -5 v Ravens - $1.85

good luck

TFan1156
10-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Fade away...

Broncos to cover -5 v Ravens - $1.85

good luck

If that is the plan that is the thing to do as the public is all over the Ravens and the points.

bad gambler
10-09-2006, 09:58 PM
Ravens 5-0 ATS in the last 5 starts between the two teams :lol:

flmmkrz
10-09-2006, 09:59 PM
Wow 10 points is quite a play, no such option at my book. Must be a lot of chalk on that...

hell yeah but after big bens performance I got a little catching up to do to break even for the weekend. Course if it goes the other way my weekend goes from break even to really brutal lol.

TFan1156
10-09-2006, 10:17 PM
hell yeah but after big bens performance I got a little catching up to do to break even for the weekend. Course if it goes the other way my weekend goes from break even to really brutal lol.

Football is like betting on a street brawl and the home team so often has the edge in adrenaline. Rivers took the momentum away from the Steelers and it just steamrolled from there. The kid will be around a long time...

callitasicit
10-09-2006, 10:42 PM
What scares me is when there is really bad weather there are usually turnovers, am I right? That could lead to some scores. Some one please set me straight as I am hoping I'm wrong. I chose the under 34 when the line first came out.:confused:

TFan1156
10-09-2006, 11:14 PM
What scares me is when there is really bad weather there are usually turnovers, am I right? That could lead to some scores. Some one please set me straight as I am hoping I'm wrong. I chose the under 34 when the line first came out.:confused:

Turnovers could lead to scores but with the qualities of these two defenses they may well not, depends on where they happen... I used to think that weather was about sure to slow down scoring but not always, slows down the defenders and can facilitate breakaways runs. Read Ernie_Money`s thread, he is on the under 33 and makes a case for it. Too tight for me though, is why I`m on a teaser and whatever way you go with it, think that is the best way to go tonight.

TFan1156
10-09-2006, 11:18 PM
Ravens 5-0 ATS in the last 5 starts between the two teams :lol:

True enough, join the party with the Ravens +5 or +4.5 now... The public does win sometimes...;)

flmmkrz
10-09-2006, 11:21 PM
Football is like betting on a street brawl and the home team so often has the edge in adrenaline. Rivers took the momentum away from the Steelers and it just steamrolled from there. The kid will be around a long time...

Quite honestly up to that point my weekend was profitable but made the mistake of not going with my numbers and went with my gut thinking the champs couldnt lose to a rook on nationwide. 2nd time in as many weeks my gut and my numbers were different and I made the wrong choice again. Back with my numbers today as I have the game as a pick em so plus 2 scores I like that and the under with some cushion I like as well with my numbers. Need more discipline in making my plays as the gut feelings get me in trouble more times than not.

TFan1156
10-09-2006, 11:28 PM
Quite honestly up to that point my weekend was profitable but made the mistake of not going with my numbers and went with my gut thinking the champs couldnt lose to a rook on nationwide. 2nd time in as many weeks my gut and my numbers were different and I made the wrong choice again. Back with my numbers today as I have the game as a pick em so plus 2 scores I like that and the under with some cushion I like as well with my numbers. Need more discipline in making my plays as the gut feelings get me in trouble more times than not.

No one expected the kid to come out and play like God in the second half. Had he done that in Baltimore the Ravens would have a lose... I won the Jags and the Eagles against about all advice, an over total, and lost about all my profits playing with the Steelers who were doing well and came to play but just got upended by an unexpected variable.

Lebowski
10-09-2006, 11:56 PM
Ravens +5.5

Should be a close game. Jake Plummer looks to be a bum again. Though Baltimore has not had any impressive victories, I trust McNair to improve each week.

SadrieL
10-10-2006, 12:04 AM
I never ever back the Broncos when they are favourite. I still remember 2 years ago when they were huge favourites against Oakland at home in snowy weather and lost it by a point. One of the most inconsistent teams in the league.

flmmkrz
10-10-2006, 12:31 AM
No one expected the kid to come out and play like God in the second half. Had he done that in Baltimore the Ravens would have a lose... I won the Jags and the Eagles against about all advice, an over total, and lost about all my profits playing with the Steelers who were doing well and came to play but just got upended by an unexpected variable.

variable wasnt the kid, knew he had the goods after last week the variable was bens complete incompetence as a qb

Lebowski
10-10-2006, 12:42 AM
Philip Rivers is in the exact situation Ben was in last year. Ben is decent QB but nowhere near the hype the experts gave him. Pitts won the SuperBowl despite Ben's poor performance. His stats are average... surrounded by a great system, running game and great defense for pas 2 years. This year Ben needs to win games while not making mistakes.

Anders
10-10-2006, 01:27 AM
STD: 37-33-1 +8.40 units

(played early)

Denver -4 -103

Baltimore Ravens vs Denver Broncos Game Props

Will there be a score in the 1st 7:46 of the game?
Yes +110 (1)

Will the total field goals made be over 2.5?
Yes -180 (1.5)

Will there be a defensive or special Team TD?
Yes +201 (1)

Will the Broncos have a rushing Touchdown?
Yes -123 (1.5)

Will Broncos lead by 1 to 10 pts at halftime?
Yes +173 (1.5)

Total 1st half pts > 10.5 and < 23.5?
Yes -110 (1.5)

Total game points > 24.5 and < 43.5?
Yes -123 (1.5)

Over 3.5 FG made +130 (1)

Broncos -1.5 1st downs -105 (1.5)

Gl crew

TFan1156
10-10-2006, 01:29 AM
I agree Lebrowski but think Rivers is more than that. He appears a spark plug with drive and a winning spirit. I think we are going to be hearing that name a lot for many years to come.

TFan1156
10-10-2006, 01:31 AM
variable wasnt the kid, knew he had the goods after last week the variable was bens complete incompetence as a qb

It looked to me like Rivers turned the momentum of the game which fired everyone on his side up which led to more pressure than Ben could handle. Perhaps he should have handled it better so I suppose you could say that...

TFan1156
10-10-2006, 01:35 AM
I never ever back the Broncos when they are favourite. I still remember 2 years ago when they were huge favourites against Oakland at home in snowy weather and lost it by a point. One of the most inconsistent teams in the league.

So you are going to write them off due to one loss two years ago?

SadrieL
10-10-2006, 01:54 AM
So you are going to write them off due to one loss two years ago?

No it's just a classic example of how inconsistent they are. They're still doing it this year. Struggling against the Rams, and then beating the Patriots.

TFan1156
10-10-2006, 02:04 AM
No it's just a classic example of how inconsistent they are. They're still doing it this year. Struggling against the Rams, and then beating the Patriots.

What about 8 straight wins at home, that`s pretty consistent dont ya think? ;) It may end tonight but I`d have never bet on it...

SadrieL
10-10-2006, 02:29 AM
What about 8 straight wins at home, that`s pretty consistent dont ya think? ;) It may end tonight but I`d have never bet on it...

Yeah I don't normally bet against streaks like that, but for a team that's 4-0 and an underdog, it's a price you can't pass up!

GodOfGamblers
10-10-2006, 02:30 AM
Ravens +5.5

Should be a close game. Jake Plummer looks to be a bum again. Though Baltimore has not had any impressive victories, I trust McNair to improve each week.

It's a tough game to pick the winner 'cause Baltimore is 4-0 and denver is at home. I decided this morning to put 50 buck on game total below 33points. $1.90 odd

TFan1156
10-10-2006, 02:31 AM
Yeah I don't normally bet against streaks like that, but for a team that's 4-0 and an underdog, it's a price you can't pass up!

4-0 but hadn`t played anyone yet but SD, and I think Rivers choked that one away at the end if memory doesnt fail me....;) But hey, you are on the obvious and most popular bet...