What will have Rafa have to do to get some respect? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What will have Rafa have to do to get some respect?

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-09-2006, 04:08 AM
How many Grand Slams will he have to win to get some respect from MTF?
Who will have to beat?
Which tournaments will he have to win?

I see overrated clowns like Gasquet getting respect but people don't respect a time GS winner. Weird.

GlennMirnyi
10-09-2006, 04:13 AM
When he stops moonballing and running and starts playing some tennis?

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-09-2006, 04:15 AM

I though passing shots and running a ball down is part of tennis. Go play bowling or some other crappy athlete sport like golf.

mangoes
10-09-2006, 04:16 AM
How many Grand Slams will he have to win to get some respect from MTF?
Who will have to beat?
Which tournaments will he have to win?

I see overrated clowns like Gasquet getting respect but people don't respect a time GS winner. Weird.

When you start giving Roger some respect:p

GlennMirnyi
10-09-2006, 04:17 AM
I though passing shots and running a ball down is part of tennis. Go play bowling or some other crappy athlete sport like golf.

One thing is playing based on counter-attacking. Another is just passing the ball to the other side of the court and waiting for the opponent to miss.

Action Jackson
10-09-2006, 04:18 AM
It's never going to happen.

hanabishi
10-09-2006, 04:21 AM
It's never going to happen.

hehe..

Seriously though, once Nadal wins a slam other than RG he'll shut many people up.

GlennMirnyi
10-09-2006, 04:22 AM
When you start giving Roger some respect:p

Federer doesn't need respect. His ability and technique speak for themselves.

Action Jackson
10-09-2006, 04:22 AM
hehe..

Seriously though, once Nadal wins a slam other than RG he'll shut many people up.

No, it won't.

robinhood
10-09-2006, 04:23 AM

Agreed.

GlennMirnyi
10-09-2006, 04:29 AM
hehe..

Depends on a lot of things. If he gets another Kendrick-Labadze-Crutch-Agassi-Nieminen draw, it won't.

Kalliopeia
10-09-2006, 04:51 AM
hehe..

Maybe a few. Most will go on about how the court is really just as slow as clay, or how easy his draw was.

Halba
10-09-2006, 05:28 AM
Depends on a lot of things. If he gets another Kendrick-Labadze-Crutch-Agassi-Nieminen draw, it won't.

:rocker: rafa
u've had some easy draws :rolleyes:

Federer&Hingis
10-09-2006, 05:46 AM
When he gets Gasquet-Roddick-Berdych-Ancic-Murray-Blake-Federer draw and wins a slam other than RG .

LoveFifteen
10-09-2006, 06:04 AM
Pete Sampras won 14 Slams, and there are lots of people on MTF that don't respect him.

So something tells me that Rafa will always have his detractors as well ... :lol:

Adler
10-09-2006, 07:10 AM
once Nadal wins a slam other than RG he'll shut many people up.
that's the thing

Safin_Lova
10-09-2006, 07:10 AM
Nadal is respected enough I think.

His streak on clay is amazing! How can he not be respected. But the day he starts being sucessful consistantly on another surface besides clay will be that day.

kindablue
10-09-2006, 07:42 AM
Stop the asspicking :p

Allure
10-09-2006, 08:13 AM
It's not about accomplishments but about talent. Roddick won around 25 titles but he isn't the most talented/complete player.

Castafiore
10-09-2006, 08:40 AM
All in all, Roddick is still very talented + able to achieve good results with the talent he's got.
Of what use is a talent if you're underachieving your entire career (Malisse springs to mind)?

It's about talent + accomplishments. You can't have one without the other, no matter how much people go on about the "luck of the draw".

About the question: he does have respect in this place but total respect will never happen. Like LoveFifteen says: he will always have his detractors, no matter what.

RonE
10-09-2006, 10:46 AM
About the question: he does have respect in this place but total respect will never happen. Like LoveFifteen says: he will always have his detractors, no matter what.

Just as any other successful player in the world or any successful person for that matter has his/her detractors :shrug:

Puschkin
10-09-2006, 11:08 AM
How many Grand Slams will he have to win to get some respect from MTF?.....

I think every serious tennis fan gives Nadal a lot of respect. I do so without hesitation and what impresses me most is his learning curve. However, I also take the liberty to prefer other players' style, such as Gasquet's. :p

Castafiore
10-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Just as any other successful player in the world or any successful person for that matter has his/her detractors :shrug:
Exactly

CmonAussie
10-09-2006, 12:02 PM
hehe..

:wavey: :cool:
Good point~~ it`s a classic case of people labelling dirt-ballers:sad: ...Despite Nadal reaching the final of Wimbledon you`re still goiing to have the knockers saying he hasn`t won anything significant outside of the clay tourneys:eek: ...Of course he has won Canada AMS & Madrid AMS but that won`t deter the knockers:devil:
..............I can see Rafa win AO 2007 & then people will have no argument left~~ he`ll start to be considered as a legitimate rival to Federer [despite already holding a massive lead in H:H];)

CmonAussie
10-09-2006, 12:04 PM
It's not about accomplishments but about talent. Roddick won around 25 titles but he isn't the most talented/complete player.
:wavey:
25-titles is Lleyton:p
21-titles is for Andy;)

supersexynadal
10-09-2006, 12:14 PM

Ur comment is completely illogical because if cant play tennis then y does he OWN federer? huh? Its called SPIN not MOONBALLING. And if the world number cant play tennis then so cant the rest of the player right??

Oh wimbledon final, nah doesnt count, uncle toni played around with the draw, toronto and dubai, nah he was just having a good day.

bokehlicious
10-09-2006, 12:17 PM
The kid is soooooo adorable, you gotta love him ! :inlove:

:rolleyes:

LoveFifteen
10-09-2006, 12:24 PM

:rolleyes:

Rogiman
10-09-2006, 12:30 PM
When he starts attacking and stops playing defensively like the underdog in every match.

When his winners count exceeds his opponent's.

When he starts playing like a guy of his size, and not being outhit by players like Ollie Rochus (no disrespect).

When he stops grunting like a whore and jumping up and down after every point won against players ranked out of the top 100.

When he stands somewhere in the court where the baseline is visible.

atpSUPERMAN
10-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Rafa has many more years left that Federer so I'm sure Rafa will finish with more Slams and that will definitely win him respect from everyone.

vincayou
10-09-2006, 01:05 PM
There is no more respek in this world. The word has even been taken out of the dictionnary. Yes I.

CmonAussie
10-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Rafa has many more years left that Federer so I'm sure Rafa will finish with more Slams and that will definitely win him respect from everyone.
;)
I totally respect Nadal:worship: ~but do you seriously think he can win more Slams than Federer:eek::confused: .....Please be realistic for a moment:cool: ....Roger`s already got 9 & sure to win more, are you telling me Nadal`s on that path:confused: ...It`s not just about being young~ otherwise Michael Chang would have won the most Slams;) ...he began at 17yrs!!

CmonAussie
10-09-2006, 01:22 PM
There is no more respek in this world. The word has even been taken out of the dictionnary. Yes I.
:wavey:
Was that a typo:confused: ...Surely if we look up RESPECT;) ~ we`ll find it in the dictionary:cool:

Corey Feldman
10-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Win Newport IS.

the importance of the tournamants is:

1.wimbledon
2.us open
3.australian open
4.newport
5.roland garros.

you suck rafa :rolleyes:

its.like.that
10-09-2006, 04:05 PM
An intricate title and an even better thread.

Alexiana
10-09-2006, 04:10 PM
No, it won't.

it defintely won't. But otherwise the Rafa fans won't stop too. If he will pass Sampras or not won't matter.

It's a devils circle....do they say that in english?:scratch:

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Ur comment is completely illogical because if cant play tennis then y does he OWN federer? huh? Its called SPIN not MOONBALLING. And if the world number cant play tennis then so cant the rest of the player right??

Oh wimbledon final, nah doesnt count, uncle toni played around with the draw, toronto and dubai, nah he was just having a good day.

:worship:

Another logical person on MTF.

GlennMirnyi
10-09-2006, 06:00 PM

Hey big boy, why don't you learn some tennis before talking, huh? Nobody plays without spin today, but how many players moonball like him? Ok, take the clay-Argies and clay-Spaniards. Not many, huh?
Even Roddick plays less awkwardly than him. That means something, for sure.

Ha ha ha. He owns Federer? And Blake owns him. Youzhny too. :lol:
And just to keep in record, more than 2700 points of difference is much more than owning. It's like slavery, or something like that.

ps: who's TURSONOV? :haha:

cecilija
10-09-2006, 06:23 PM
-1 no touching his ugly fat ass
-2 no whinning line calls
-3 firing uncle toni
4- no faking injuries with medical times
5-no spending many time between every service game
6-playing more offensively
7-no screaming as a excited moneky
8-no stupid agresssively fists pumps
9-no wearing as gay pirant pants
10-no standing 100000434343 km behind baseline

oschemi
10-09-2006, 06:32 PM
-1 no touching his ugly fat ass
-2 no whinning line calls
-3 firing uncle toni
4- no faking injuries with medical times
5-no spending many time between every service game
6-playing more offensively
7-no screaming as a excited moneky
8-no stupid agresssively fists pumps
9-no wearing as gay pirant pants
10-no standing 100000434343 km behind baseline

Dude, before you post on a messageboard like this, go learn some english. We dont want illiterates on this board.:mad:

GlennMirnyi
10-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Dude, before you post on a messageboard like this, go learn some english. We dont want illiterates on this board.:mad:

What's better? Writing bad english or knowing nothing about tennis?

Kristen
10-09-2006, 06:46 PM
GlannMirnyi... I suspect oschemi is a well schooled, multi-lingual US citizen, who can post on foreign messageboards quite fluently. :rolls:

This thread makes me laugh. What does Federer have to do to get the respect of the thread starter? Sometimes there is nothing that can be done. :shrug:

GlennMirnyi
10-09-2006, 06:50 PM
GlannMirnyi... I suspect oschemi is a well schooled, multi-lingual US citizen, who can post on foreign messageboards quite fluently. :rolls:
This thread makes me laugh. What does Federer have to do to get the respect of the thread starter? Sometimes there is nothing that can be done. :shrug:

My point is: before talking bad about others, why don't you take a look at yourself? ;)

dEcu_RF
10-09-2006, 07:05 PM
how can you possibly respect someone who's constantly resorting to some kind of trickery such as stalling tactics to throw his opponent off his game or silly ill-timed injury time-outs ( putting a band-aid on a finger or claiming to choke on a banana ) to mess up his rival's momentum ? ... bearing in mind also all his outrageous fist-pumping and how disgusting it is to see someone picking at his ass over and over again .. respect? NO WAAAAAY !!!

Bagelicious
10-09-2006, 07:06 PM

For someone so particular about foreigners being able to speak your language, you seem to adhere to some interestingly flexible rules of grammar.

Oh, and go fuck yourself! :) :wavey:

oschemi
10-09-2006, 08:45 PM
For someone so particular about foreigners being able to speak your language, you seem to adhere to some interestingly flexible rules of grammar.

Oh, and go fuck yourself! :) :wavey:

Has someone forgotten to take their antidepressants today?

Johnny Groove
10-09-2006, 08:51 PM
yes! Fedtards vs. Rafatards wars!!!! I was missing these threads :awww:

marcRD
10-09-2006, 08:58 PM
What does Roger Federer have to do to get some respect on clay?

marcRD
10-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Cmon, please stop this bllshit. Rafa has all respect in the world from me he is a good hardcourt player and possibly the greatest ever on clay. Most Rafa tards who only became a fan of him because they hate Roger (you which people I am talking about), doesnt have my respect and never will, on the other hand the true rafa fans out there have my respect.

Rafa is a true gentleman and beyond his years in maturity. Rafas game is not very beautiful but it is full of adrenaline and energy which makes it a nice contrast to the tennis art Federer produces. too bad rafa cant get far in hardcourt tournaments where he doesnt get an easy draw.

Peoples
10-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Respect comes from being stylish and not from just getting results in. Remeber Coria used to get good results but yet got no respect cause he acted like a prick.

So once Nadal stops dressing like a clown, acting like a clown (picking his ass, socks) and talking like a clown (cutting out the fake modesty that nobody believes any more e.g. saying how Federer his idol is still the favorite at RG) and most importantly playing fair for a change (stopping getting coached during matches and no more stalling) he may get more respect as a result.

oschemi
10-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Respect comes from being stylish and not from just getting results in. Remeber Coria used to get good results but yet got no respect cause he acted like a prick.

So once Nadal stops dressing like a clown, acting like a clown (picking his ass, socks) and talking like a clown (cutting out the fake modesty that nobody believes any more e.g. saying how Federer his idol is still the favorite at RG) and most importantly playing fair for a change (stopping getting coached during matches and no more stalling) he may get more respect as a result.

Yeah, like he gives a shit what lowlifes like you think, ha!

Peoples
10-09-2006, 09:11 PM
Yeah, like he gives a shit what lowlifes like you think, ha!
Sounds like someone's bitter, trying to get personal ;)

Pfloyd
10-09-2006, 09:33 PM
The reason Nadal gets so much crap is because he is owning Federer yet has not won other slams to back up that winning record against Federer. The thing is that people assume that because Nadal beat Federer it means he will beat all the other opponents Federer breases by with the same amount of ease. Once people see that Nadal can be vulnerable against certain players, the criticisms start falling.

Nadal still got time on his side to improve his game and thats always a bonus. Once Nadal does this and maybe beats some of those players that trouble him, like Berdych or Blake he might gain some respect here. However, and I repeat my self, Nadal is no Federer, and visa versa. They are two diffrent players that ought to be admired in diffrent ways. Of course, we will always have those haters, but that's just inevetable. But all haters manage to prove is that the player they hate is good for some specific reason that they do not like.

When Nadal stepped into the Tennis scene, he was so diffrent from your typical tennis players, and his attitude towards the game unique in his own way, that the only natural thing that could've happened is that he gathered haters and fans.

Adler
10-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Not every person who dislikes Nadal is a huge fan of Federer. Is it really hard to understand it? Or people are just stupid?

Peoples was partly right bout Rafa. Some fans think he behaves like a dickhead sometimes, ad that's a little bit harsh judgment, but it's thei right to do so. Besides, some people dislike Roger, cause they want to see the "fighter's spirit" while Fed is cool, sometimes he even behaves like a shy person or sth. Rafa is jumping, roaring etc - and many people go for it. Maybe that's the secret of liking/disliking the guys

rofe
10-09-2006, 10:25 PM
For now, win 7 more slams. :)

radics
10-09-2006, 10:26 PM
Cmon, please stop this bllshit. Rafa has all respect in the world from me he is a good hardcourt player and possibly the greatest ever on clay. Most Rafa tards who only became a fan of him because they hate Roger (you which people I am talking about), doesnt have my respect and never will, on the other hand the true rafa fans out there have my respect.

Rafa is a true gentleman and beyond his years in maturity. Rafas game is not very beautiful but it is full of adrenaline and energy which makes it a nice contrast to the tennis art Federer produces. too bad rafa cant get far in hardcourt tournaments where he doesnt get an easy draw.

Very well said. Every tennis fan I personally know (including myself) has a lot of respect for Rafael. I mean he is so dangerous on every surface and almost unbeatable on clay. Also he is still very young.

But, I'm not a fan of him. I don't like hes style of play, I don't like the way he shows hes oppenents how "pushed" he is, I don't like the long breaks between the points... etc. etc. But do you know what? That does not change the fact, that he is a great, very talentet tennis player who has always a good chance to win every single tournament he enters.

Just those "fans", who take him as a reason to bash Federer make it sometimes hard to stay focused and give Nadal the credit he definitely deserves.

Adler
10-09-2006, 10:30 PM
too bad rafa cant get far in hardcourt tournaments where he doesnt get an easy draw.
wow, that's interesting

All_Slam_Andre
10-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Rafa is a criminally underappreciated player, both on this board and generally. I personally prefer Federer to him, but I find Rafa a joy to watch and such a nice and courteous man. He is so tactically astute and cunning. A real credit to the sport on and off the court.

PamV
10-09-2006, 10:37 PM
hehe..

That will still depend on the draw he faces. If he wins based on a weaker draw like a couple of wild cards, and the likes of Labadze, Stepanek, Niemenen and Robredo it won't mean all that much.

Adler
10-09-2006, 10:42 PM
That will still depend on the draw he faces
My god... again? Fed had a tough draw at this year's Wimbledon, nearly the hardest he could have, and he won the tournament with losing only one set - in a tie-break. So if Rafa's victory depends on a draw... any conclusions?

Regenbogen
10-09-2006, 10:43 PM
I think he has a decent amount of respect for what he's done from most ordinary tennis fans, even if they don't adore him. If you're asking his haters, the answer is probably never.

NicoFan
10-09-2006, 11:15 PM
Rafa gets a lot of respect...with the exception of MTF and Peter Bodo. ;)

Around the time of the US Open, they did one of those surveys to find a player's likability and how many people recognized them. Rafa's numbers for recognition were low - like 6%, but those who did know him like him - amazingly high number - 95%. Not many get those numbers.

And Rafa was very very popular at the US Open.

MTF is not a correct gauge on which players are popular, hated, etc. In fact, its the opposite of reality.

Naranoc
10-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Are you implying that the other 5% were probably MTF members who eagerly replied in the negative when asked if they liked Nadal? :lol:

NicoFan
10-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Are you implying that the other 5% were probably MTF members who eagerly replied in the negative when asked if they liked Nadal? :lol:

Yes, indeedy I am. ;) :lol:

That and implying that there is a total lack of reality on MTF. :haha:

And for those people who say - well maybe its the people who answered the poll or who went to the US Open who aren't living in reality...I was in Miami and Toronto this year - Rafa was loved in both those places also. :)

rofe
10-09-2006, 11:49 PM

Around the time of the US Open, they did one of those surveys to find a player's likability and how many people recognized them. Rafa's numbers for recognition were low - like 6%, but those who did know him like him - amazingly high number - 95%. Not many get those numbers.

And Rafa was very very popular at the US Open.

MTF is not a correct gauge on which players are popular, hated, etc. In fact, its the opposite of reality.

Hello Captain Obvious. :p

PamV
10-09-2006, 11:58 PM
My god... again? Fed had a tough draw at this year's Wimbledon, nearly the hardest he could have, and he won the tournament with losing only one set - in a tie-break. So if Rafa's victory depends on a draw... any conclusions?

What I am saying is that for me I would view Rafa winning a major as meaning more if he wins it by facing a normal to tough draw....NOT a cupcake draw. I don't understand how your Wimbledon example applies to what I said here. Yes, Roger had the toughest possible Wimbledon draw and he still won.....so that should have been deserving of even more respect than usual. I certainly viewed that as a big accomplishment.

PamV
10-10-2006, 12:00 AM

I think Bodo is a big Rafa fan, so what do you mean? This year he said that Roger winning his 4th Wimbledon in a row was not the big news of the tourney.....but that it was Rafa getting to that final. At the same time he saw Roger getting to his first French final but not winning as a failure.

Deivid23
10-10-2006, 01:08 AM
Who cares? It´s much funnier this way

Deivid23
10-10-2006, 01:11 AM
When he starts attacking and stops playing defensively like the underdog in every match.

When his winners count exceeds his opponent's.

When he starts playing like a guy of his size, and not being outhit by players like Ollie Rochus (no disrespect).

When he stops grunting like a whore and jumping up and down after every point won against players ranked out of the top 100.

When he stands somewhere in the court where the baseline is visible.

Keep hating :lol:

Deivid23
10-10-2006, 01:14 AM
how can you possibly respect someone who's constantly resorting to some kind of trickery such as stalling tactics to throw his opponent off his game or silly ill-timed injury time-outs ( putting a band-aid on a finger or claiming to choke on a banana ) to mess up his rival's momentum ? ... bearing in mind also all his outrageous fist-pumping and how disgusting it is to see someone picking at his ass over and over again .. respect? NO WAAAAAY !!!

Hello burro, long time I didn´t see you around, hope you´re still saving that brain cell of yours :hug:. Btw, one question:

Have you ever heard about the word DOT? :retard:

mangoes
10-10-2006, 01:21 AM
As much as I would rather not reference this thread.......

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=77162&highlight=Rafa

I hope this makes all the Rafatards happy and they can stop whining :D

Johnny Groove
10-10-2006, 01:26 AM

TO WHO? NADAL! Apparently, some people forget to mention this fact :rolleyes:

Johnny Groove
10-10-2006, 01:27 AM
As much as I would rather not reference this thread.......

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=77162&highlight=Rafa

I hope this makes all the Rafatards happy and they can stop whining :D

you guys are getting good at lying :p

World Beater
10-10-2006, 01:32 AM
really, now...i didnt know that merely taking a set off roger in a TB was the barometer of success any more than roger doing the same to nadal in MC. oh wait, that right nadal schooled federer on clay, but federer had to fight for his life against nadal on grass! Mahut also got to tiebreaks against fed, should we also build a shrine for him too?:D

mangoes
10-10-2006, 01:49 AM
really, now...i didnt know that merely taking a set off roger in a TB was the barometer of success any more than roger doing the same to nadal in MC. oh wait, that right nadal schooled federer on clay, but federer had to fight for his life against nadal on grass! Mahut also got to tiebreaks against fed, should we also build a shrine for him too?:D

The final set of the Wimbledon final says it all...........That was some beautiful grass court tennis from Roger. The match, in my opinion, was NOT close, the same way, I have a hard time calling the FO a close match.

Mimi
10-10-2006, 03:52 AM
he gonna get more critics when you post more threads like this :rolleyes:

Deivid23
10-10-2006, 04:41 AM
he gonna get more critics when you post more threads like this :rolleyes:

Stop caring about "what will they say"

Corey Feldman
10-10-2006, 04:48 AM
well at least he has more respect than the spanish soccer team, losing 2-3 to Northern 'brazil reserves' Ireland and then 0-2 to Sweden.

eh burro??

:rolls:

Deivid23
10-10-2006, 04:55 AM
well at least he has more respect than the spanish soccer team, losing 2-3 to Northern 'brazil reserves' Ireland and then 0-2 to Sweden.

eh burro??

:rolls:

Spain NT deserves little respect these days but brighter days will come, don´t worry, asno ;)

bokehlicious
10-10-2006, 08:01 AM

Spot on. Nadal schooled Federer on clay while Fed had to display a hell of a perfect match and was just lucky enough to beat Nadal in Wimbledon.

Castafiore
10-10-2006, 08:06 AM
^^
Now look who's whining. :rolleyes:

R=FK,
I'm sure you love these kinds of threads but what's the point?

Rafa = Fed Killa
07-04-2010, 04:26 AM
4 years later has Rafa earned the respect of MTF?

Mimi
07-04-2010, 04:28 AM

rafa cares less about mtf, he has more important things to do, my dear:p

Chloe le Bopper
07-04-2010, 04:30 AM
Bizarre bump of an ancient thread. I'm going to respond anyway:

Some people on this forum simply aren't very intelligent. Of those that remain, most simply aren't very mature. This leaves a handful of posters with whom you can have an intelligent discussion about anything. Hence, the short answer to your question is: Nothing, he'll never get it. Deal with it.

coonster14
07-04-2010, 04:59 AM
haters will always hate!

rafa fans like myself will always support rafa no matter what other people say. VAMOS RAFA!!! :worship:

Rafaspin
07-04-2010, 06:48 AM
Spain NT deserves little respect these days but brighter days will come, don´t worry, asno ;)

Semi Final of the WC!

Zagor
07-04-2010, 09:08 AM
True tennis fans respect Nadal atleast for his achievements in tennis which are immense(especially for his age),liking his style of play or his oncourt antics is a different thing alltogether though.

kooties
07-04-2010, 10:18 AM
^^^

I actually like his style of play, it's like the safest form of ballbashing. But then again, I've always respected topspin, since I've played with a few guys who have UNREAL topspin and (while not at the same level) those balls are just hard to control. It's not like it relies on unforced errors, but more on forcing the errors out of your opponent.

He's also recently had a nice flat backhand, and he's quite decent at the net, (and of course his pickups are :worship:).

With that being said, school him Tomas! :rocker2:

NADALbULLS
07-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Wimbledon crowds like his style of play more than Federer's style of play. He has way more support at Wimbledon than Federer. Nadal even got a bigger cheer than Murray when they each left their chairs to start the match.

superslam77
07-04-2010, 11:19 AM
He really needs to fix these things:
1-no douchebag run at start of the game.
2-no in your face vamosing fistpumping.
3-no horrible face if he missed 1 point out of 100.
4-no weird mixing water bottles, what is he an alchemist or something?
5-no medical timeouts in crucial moments before others serve.
6-no celebrating when others miss. celebrate when you do winners.
7-no anger against umpires for doing their job.
8-better clothes.
9-no MR nice guy offcourt because oncourt you're not.
10-no moving like crazy when other serves to make them miss.
11-not accepting coaching from toni.
12-not screaming after easy victories.
13-better forehand followthrough, not above shoulders.
14-stop playing with this ultra topspin.
15-stop only playing for results at all costs.
16-no grunting.
17-no spitting on wimbledon court
18-no smelling own armpits
19-no lies saying the weak rival is the favorite
20-no special new strings developed for own purpose

allpro
07-04-2010, 11:29 AM
nadal will never get the same adulation as federer on internet forums because so many kids grew up or were brought into the game by federer and they’re extremely vocal. that said, I think many of rafa's detractors are now beginning to see the light.

ossie
07-04-2010, 11:53 AM
the only thing rafa has to do is stop winning slams because thats the only way the sad haters will see their favorite players succeed

M4RC
07-04-2010, 12:02 PM

What do you think? :rolleyes:

8-better clothes.
16-no grunting.

Only 20? :confused:

21-lose Wimbly final against Birdie and then retire

Acer
07-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Stop CHEATING would be a good place to start.

PiggyGotRoasted
07-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Stop being so fake in interviews and acting like mr nice guy when its pretty obvious its all fake and just a pr stunt

Mjau!
07-04-2010, 12:14 PM
8-better clothes.
16-no grunting.

21-no injury excuses when beaten by a better player.

Very good and constructive list! Someone should mail it to Rafa.

Mjau!
07-04-2010, 12:16 PM
No 7 is the worst. It's almost like he thinks he's entitled to break the rules. :rolleyes:

Mjau!
07-04-2010, 12:19 PM
#20 is also quite disturbing. Very unfair, no? It reminds me of the swimming world championships when Phelps was beaten by some german mug because he had a better suit. Now they all swim in speedos which is so much better.

Just like heaven
07-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Nada. He's done more than enough. :worship:

8-better clothes.
16-no grunting.

I'm glad you enjoy the butt picking.

debby
07-04-2010, 12:20 PM

:spit: Is that true ? I never noticed that.

Certinfy
07-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Maurice u fucking legend :haha: :worship:

Tutu
07-04-2010, 12:24 PM
The trolls on this forum are so disappointing. :yawn: Not even slightly funny.

Mjau!
07-04-2010, 12:28 PM

"Do you want to see another world number one, or what?" :rolleyes:
It's easy to be humble at some press conference...

debby
07-04-2010, 12:29 PM
The trolls on this forum are so disappointing. :yawn: Not even slightly funny.

You are not funny on WTAworld sorry.

FairWeatherFan
07-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Nadal can turn water into wine. All praise Nadal!

Tom_Bombadil
07-04-2010, 12:30 PM
He doesn't have to do anything. He's already earned the respect of the tennis world.

Bargearse
07-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Nada. He's done more than enough. :worship:

I'm glad you enjoy the butt picking.

:rolls: I wish he'd stop the OCD stuff like the adjustment of undergarments and bottles. I feel sorry for him at times, it's like he has been programmed by Uncle Tony to be a tennis robot since he was in nappies. These habits manifest a lack of something in his life I'm sure. But not a lack of grand slam titles and he is certain to add another to the tally in the coming hours.

superslam77
07-04-2010, 12:50 PM

:spit: Is that true ? I never noticed that.

yeah, do i need to make a video of these things?

debby
07-04-2010, 12:53 PM
yeah, do i need to make a video of these things?

Oh yeah, it would be great. :hearts:

superslam77
07-04-2010, 12:59 PM
"Do you want to see another world number one, or what?" :rolleyes:
It's easy to be humble at some press conference...

no, really i just want him to either develop good manners or retire from tennis :wavey:

oh i should add.

21-no arse picking
22-no breaking the time limit to serve
23-not wearing the same color of the ball to distract players
24-no ball bouncing
25-no staring at rivals to intimidate, then after the game smiling at them like they are in church.
26-not ending everything with no, no??
27-not shaking hair after victories
28-not always falling on back after NID wins where he always wins close matches.
29-no thinking he should be loved by always playing defensive.
30-not making rivals wait for him before playing.

NadalSharapova
07-04-2010, 01:00 PM
rafa is respected 100% by all tennis fans

Mjau!
07-04-2010, 01:24 PM
no, really i just want him to either develop good manners or retire from tennis :wavey:

You don't get it, Rafito actually said that to an umpire. :rolleyes: :o

superslam77
07-04-2010, 01:58 PM
You don't get it, Rafito actually said that to an umpire. :rolleyes: :o

:devil:

I do get it now my lady :lol:

superslam77
07-04-2010, 01:59 PM
rafa is respected 100% by all tennis fans

rafa is respected 100% by all tennisfangirl fans

FormerRafaFan
07-04-2010, 02:01 PM
He doesn't have to do anything. He's already earned the respect of the tennis world.

But not the respect of MTF, cuz people still bash him here!

Sillyrabbit
07-04-2010, 04:58 PM
But not the respect of MTF, cuz people still bash him here!

:lol: And who gives a rats ass what MTF thinks of him, really? The guys is a multiple slam winner, idiots and tards can make stupid lists till their balls drop, but it's not gonna take anything away from his achievements because some faceless people on the internet disparage him.

M4RC
07-04-2010, 05:20 PM
superslam really loves him but he is just too shy to admit.

Filo V.
07-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Real tennis fans respect him and his greatness. He's already earned the respect of people who matter, and of the tennis world as a whole. Outside of that, haters are going to hate, but pay them no mind. Most of their favorites can only dream of being as much of a champion as Nadal.

Personally, I would hold him in even higher esteem than I do now if he won the US Open and AO again. If he wants to shut up even some of the worst haters, he has to win some major tournaments on hard court and indoors, which he hasn't done in a while. So we'll see what happens there.

Billups85
07-04-2010, 06:56 PM
No 7 is the worst. It's almost like he thinks he's entitled to break the rules. :rolleyes:

Quite funny comming from a Soderling fan.

Andre'sNo1Fan
07-04-2010, 07:16 PM

oh i should add.

21-no arse picking
22-no breaking the time limit to serve
23-not wearing the same color of the ball to distract players
24-no ball bouncing
25-no staring at rivals to intimidate, then after the game smiling at them like they are in church.
26-not ending everything with no, no??
27-not shaking hair after victories
28-not always falling on back after NID wins where he always wins close matches.
29-no thinking he should be loved by always playing defensive.
30-not making rivals wait for him before playing.

Wow you really do spend slot of time hating. Maybe you should get some love in your life. Rafa seems to consume alot of your time. It's quite funny really.

superslam77
07-04-2010, 08:09 PM
superslam really loves him but he is just too shy to admit.

:lol:

I don't really love or hate him.

The list i made is simply truth because i dislike his bad manners and it pains me that he represents tennis.

swebright
07-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Learn english and communicate well with press.

He tried not to speak english well/not understand but I think he knows. He rarely expresses himself, and even when he said something, it's difficult to understand. May be he's still translating it in his head. Plus we've never heard about him talking about other players aside from his spanish pals or other tennis-related stuff in general. It appears like he concentrates only on himself and nothing else.

Also stop that overkill like somebody said above. Sometimes, it's like killing an ant with a bazuka.

andylovesaustin
07-04-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm not the best judge on whether or not Rafa's tennis is "ugly."

But I sure as hell respect Rafa's accomplishments.

Viva El Matador!

He's gotta be considered among top 10 GREATS of all time (if not higher), and he's only 24.

I enjoy Rafa's competiveness. I like it that he jumps around during the "coin toss," so to speak, staring down his competition. It reminds me of boxing, and I have a soft-spot in my heart for boxing.

That said, one of the funniests moments I've seen is one match against Roger... when Rafa was jumping around, and Roger just ignored him! :rolls:

Gotta love sports!

Ozon
07-05-2010, 08:33 AM
#20 is also quite disturbing. Very unfair, no? It reminds me of the swimming world championships when Phelps was beaten by some german mug because he had a better suit. Now they all swim in speedos which is so much better.

:haha:

What a loser...