Where is Arlanda airport? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Where is Arlanda airport?

Nathaliia
10-07-2006, 01:18 PM
A wonderful wise question ;) But maybe some Swedes will read it :lol: And how do I get from there to the city center or to the tennis hall (or is the hall in the center :scratch: )? Is it far? Are taxis or buses expensive?

Action Jackson
10-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Please don't get a taxi. It's very expensive.

It's in between Stockholm and Uppsala in the north of Stockholm and buses run into Stockholm centre. There is an express train called the Arlanda Express and that's 380 kronor return.

virex
10-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Please don't get a taxi. It's very expensive.

It's in between Stockholm and Uppsala in the north of Stockholm and buses run into Stockholm centre. There is an express train called the Arlanda Express and that's 380 kronor return.

and there´s also a bus if you dont want to spend so much
both services are great

you´re gonna love it

Action Jackson
The airport bus takes 40 mins.

http://www.tagplus.se/default.asp?language=2&showprice=1

Nathaliia
380... I wonder how much it is in Euro... You know that I'm not in world's most convenient situation at this moment with this whole Stockholm... but decided to go anyway. I wonder how much I should take with me for the accomodation.

I'd go hitchhiking but it's not safe for a young girl alone.

Action Jackson
10-07-2006, 01:27 PM
and there´s also a bus if you dont want to spend so much
both services are great

you´re gonna love it

I have been to Sweden many times, but I used the train to get to Stockholm, this is for Nathaliia and not me.

Nathaliia
10-07-2006, 01:29 PM
Okay, I checked Swedish currency... 380 = should be around 140 PLN... robbery :speakles: I pay it for 2 weeks of living in my dormitory with electricity and water...

Action Jackson
10-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Okay, I checked Swedish currency... 380 = should be around 140 PLN... robbery :speakles: I pay it for 2 weeks of living in my dormitory with electricity and water...

As I said take the bus. As for accomodation, how much are you willing to spend?

Nathaliia
10-07-2006, 01:43 PM
As I said take the bus. As for accomodation, how much are you willing to spend?

Hmm, I haven't thought of costs of accomodation, most eagerly I'd just leave the bag at somebody's friendly and go out at nights to not disturb (a little bag shouldn't disturb though). But since I don't have friends in Stockholm I'll have to find something anyway.

I estimate I can take 300 Euro (however it is counted in KRN) ... I wouldn't want to spend all that much but I guess I'll have to.

Thanks for all the help :hug:

Action Jackson
10-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Hmm, I haven't thought of costs of accomodation, most eagerly I'd just leave the bag at somebody's friendly and go out at nights to not disturb (a little bag shouldn't disturb though). But since I don't have friends in Stockholm I'll have to find something anyway.

I estimate I can take 300 Euro (however it is counted in KRN) ... I wouldn't want to spend all that much but I guess I'll have to.

Thanks for all the help :hug:

How long are you staying for and when are you leaving? You don't have much stuff then that is good.

Once you have told me that, then I will tell you how to get to the venue.

Nathaliia
10-07-2006, 01:48 PM
How long are you staying for and when are you leaving? You don't have much stuff then that is good.

Once you have told me that, then I will tell you how to get to the venue.

So I'm coming Tuesday night (7.30 p.m.) and the departure is Saturday 3.40 p.m.

I'll have just one average bag, needless to take all the clothes, shoes etc....

Action Jackson
10-07-2006, 01:51 PM
So I'm coming Tuesday night (7.30 p.m.) and the departure is Saturday 3.40 p.m.

I'll have just one average bag, needless to take all the clothes, shoes etc....

Alright, so you have 3 nights and take the bus from Arlanda to Stockholm. It shouldn't be too hard to find something, but I will find some links for you. When I was stayed there I stayed with friends or at a backpackers place.

This is in the old town in Stockholm and it costs 50 Euro a night.

http://www.abbes.se/

CooCooCachoo
10-07-2006, 01:55 PM
www.citybackpackers.se (http://www.citybackpackers.se/)

If you don't want to spend too much and are not picky on accommodation.

Stayed in a youth hostel myself in Luxembourg, a room with six beds. Was a very good, clean, new hostel and paid only €19 a night. Breakfast was crap, but you got your own shower. Stayed there three nights and the third night I only shared the room with my friend. The first night, however, I arrived at like 23:00 on a Friday night and everyone was already sleeping :eek: And one man was snoring so loudly :tape: Had never witnessed someone snore like that before. See, hostels are good for unique experiences ;)

Action Jackson
10-07-2006, 01:56 PM
This one is from the same group and right near the station as well.

http://www.svif.se/content?page=1663

Nathaliia
10-07-2006, 01:58 PM
Alright, so you have 3 nights and take the bus from Arlanda to Stockholm. It shouldn't be too hard to find something, but I will find some links for you. When I was stayed there I stayed with friends or at a backpackers place.

This is in the old town in Stockholm and it costs 50 Euro a night.

http://www.abbes.se/

Hahaha I can book a room for 6 people... and only for 3 nights :lol: But it's really cheap.

Action Jackson
10-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Hahaha I can book a room for 6 people... and only for 3 nights :lol: But it's really cheap.

There are always ways around things.

Nathaliia
10-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Thanks for all the links - now I see that really it's not a problem with getting something cheap around the center and the communication is fine. If there are net cafes I should be even online sometimes and reporting for you ;)

I hope there are no problems with getting tickets before the matches (without booking them... because I hope anyway I'll meet somebody I know to get a guest pass).

Action Jackson
10-07-2006, 02:09 PM
Well if you get a guest pass, then you won't have to worry about transportation then.

Nathaliia
10-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Well if you get a guest pass, then you won't have to worry about transportation then.

Transportation is only to the official hotel... at least in Poland and out there in Aachen where I was last year. I had a nice deal in Aachen because I was helping them a bit at press office and they paid almost everything for my accomodation (the hotel was yummy). Here the press office is the last place where I'd want to be.

The player who gives the pass has to be active in the tournament. I fear Michał Przysiężny won't, until Wednesday... :rolleyes:

Action Jackson
10-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Ok, that is not so much of a problem, then.

Take the train to Gärdet and then walk around 400m from there and you will find the venue, which is very well known in Sweden.

Gärdet is the second last stop on Line 13 destination Ropsten.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g239/GeorgeWH/stockholmmetro.jpg

Nathaliia
10-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Meanwhile I found a cool place to stay and only 40 Euro per night! (4 nights with all the goodies including computers with net, cable TV, PS2... well apart from the fact it's for 6 people)

The only problem is I have to pay a deposit via credit card and I don't have a credit card. OMG what a joke I am :help:

I'll print myself this train lines map ;)

CooCooCachoo
10-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Transportation is only to the official hotel... at least in Poland and out there in Aachen where I was last year. I had a nice deal in Aachen because I was helping them a bit at press office and they paid almost everything for my accomodation (the hotel was yummy). Here the press office is the last place where I'd want to be.

The player who gives the pass has to be active in the tournament. I fear Michał Przysiężny won't, until Wednesday... :rolleyes:

I have had a tournament car that also brought me to the train station, so you could always try.

CooCooCachoo
10-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Meanwhile I found a cool place to stay and only 40 Euro per night! (4 nights with all the goodies including computers with net, cable TV, PS2... well apart from the fact it's for 6 people)

The only problem is I have to pay a deposit via credit card and I don't have a credit card. OMG what a joke I am :help:

I'll print myself this train lines map ;)

I know. Credit cards are a bitch. You should e-mail them and ask if you can pay upon arrival instead. Worked for me in Luxembourg.

Nathaliia
10-07-2006, 04:00 PM
I have had a tournament car that also brought me to the train station, so you could always try.

Yeah... usually the fact I'm speaking the foreign language is helpful ;) I'd try to e-mail the hotel but there's only "book now" and no e-mail links.

lol, I'm a joke, headcase, child or war... I know :lol:

Sommarsverige
10-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Nathii, have so much fun :hug: But I am sure you will ;)

Nathaliia
10-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Nathii, have so much fun :hug: But I am sure you will ;)

If you knew my whole situation... :help: It's the most crazy thing I'm doing - going there, and I have nothing to waste so I will have fun.

However I can't promise I will get to the courts ;)

rediss77
10-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Could someone tell something about tickets, should I book them before, or there should be no problems to get them in friday?

virex
10-07-2006, 09:42 PM
www.citybackpackers.se (http://www.citybackpackers.se/)

i stayed in that hostel!
it´s amazing
very good
free pasta, coffee and internet access