OK you didn't get a moderator BUT.... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

OK you didn't get a moderator BUT....

bad gambler
10-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Steve is away on a trip for a few days so has asked me to respond directly to a couple of points...

I'd kind of like to know why Jess wasn't selected as a moderator for the Serbian forum. I mean, we're a pretty close group and we support her. Sure, there isn't a lot of trouble there, but it would be nice if we could have someone to put threads as stickies and such.

You are right - pretty much the same reason is that in the whole time the Serbia forum has been in existence there has not been on single reported post. Forums such as the Federer forum and the Sth American forum as a whole has generated the most recently and that is the reason why those two were given a moderator.

Also if this forum got itself a moderator then we would have a hard time justifying rejections to people who ask for a moderator in other "smaller" forums.

:lol: Awww thanks Scott, but it's okay. :shrug: I'm either just not mod-worthy or they just don't care about Serbia. :lol: Either way, no worries. :hug:

I can't for a minute understand why you would believe this :shrug:

Now the BUT bit...

I guess it is a question of where we want MTF to go in terms of direction - I think you will agree that there have been some positive changes recently under the new management and having able to chat with Steve a lot it's clear he actually wants to take a vested interested in this forum by coming up with heaps of new ideas to make the forum even better.

So keeping the above in mind, I think it would be a little hypocritical of us to ignore the great work Jess has done in promoting this forum. Now it becomes a matter of not so much being a moderator per se, but a person who can attract more interest in this forum and treat this board as if it is her own.

So welcome to the newest member of the mod squad, congrats Jess :p

Steve is away until early next week but will hook you up with what you need in terms of admin functions when he returns :wavey:

Scotso
10-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Thanks BG :wavey:

I would like to correct you, though, on one point... we did have a bit of a problem with some Murraytards a while back. :p

silverwhite
10-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Congrats, Jess! :D

revolution
10-05-2006, 10:37 PM
awww yay! Congrats! :D

adee-gee
10-05-2006, 11:05 PM
:D

Good choice, congrats Jess :smooch:

savesthedizzle
10-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Wait, so .... we didn't get a moderator... but we did?

I'm very excited about this :)

But am I the moderator for Serbia or just for Djokovic.... hopefully all of Serbia ;)

savesthedizzle
10-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Anyway, thanks everyone for all your support :) I promise to be the best player forum moderator of all time :bounce:

bad gambler
10-05-2006, 11:44 PM
Wait, so .... we didn't get a moderator... but we did?

I'm very excited about this :)

But am I the moderator for Serbia or just for Djokovic.... hopefully all of Serbia ;)

Ya all of Serbia, not sure why I posted in this in Djoko's forum though :confused:

Your first duty can be to either delete or move this thread lol

savesthedizzle
10-05-2006, 11:47 PM
Ya all of Serbia, not sure why I posted in this in Djoko's forum though :confused:

Your first duty can be to either delete or move this thread lol

:rolls: When I get my powers it is #1 on my to-do list ;)

PennyThePenguin
10-06-2006, 12:12 AM
:lol: yaaaay jess!!!!!! :woohoo:

savesthedizzle
10-06-2006, 12:14 AM
#2 on the to-do list is to change the title of Viktor's thread to take Ilija out of it

#3 is to revive the Djoko chat-thread

This is just a reminder for myself for future notice. :p

Maria_Maria
10-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Jess, congratulations! :clap2:

I sort of missed the whole thing...there was some hoopla with you becoming a mod, right? :confused:

Novak Dj
10-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Anyway, thanks everyone for all your support :) I promise to be the best player forum moderator of all time :bounce:

I have no doubt you will. Congrats. :worship:

Saumon
10-06-2006, 04:46 PM
congrats! :hug: :p

Scotso
10-06-2006, 08:53 PM
BG likes pretty golfers.

simpletennis
10-06-2006, 10:18 PM
me new to the djokovic thread, but congrats on becoming moderator

Danika
10-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Congratulations Jess!!Im so happy that you get to be a moderator :yeah: !

Danika
10-06-2006, 11:20 PM
me new to the djokovic thread, but congrats on becoming moderator

Welcome simpletennis :wavey: !I know I have seen you on the Dima boards right ;) ?

simpletennis
10-07-2006, 12:43 AM
Welcome simpletennis :wavey: !I know I have seen you on the Dima boards right ;) ?

thanks. yup, i post in the dima boards. my name's lauren btw :)

savesthedizzle
10-07-2006, 03:30 AM
I have no doubt you will. Congrats. :worship:

:smooch:

I'm going to need help from you guys to translate things for me if people are posting things in Serbian. It'll be a team effort :) :hug:

*group hug*

savesthedizzle
10-07-2006, 03:31 AM
Hey Lauren :wavey:

Ooooh this gives me an idea for #4 on my to do list. I don't really need to wait for any sort of power to do it, but I'm sleepy now :lol: