Federer def. Moodie 6/2 6/1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer def. Moodie 6/2 6/1

Jaffas85
10-05-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm surprised no one has created a thread yet but Federer just won his third round match.

6/2 6/1 over Moodie.

bokehlicious
10-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Daily business for the Fed, but congrats anyway :)

Action Jackson
10-05-2006, 10:35 AM
Huge upset here.

RonE
10-05-2006, 10:59 AM
Huge upset here.

Hey, the defending champ got knocked out so in a way, yeah it is an upset ;)

avocadoe
10-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Yea Roger, first time in Japan, such a treat for teh fans of tennis, and fun for me to read his blog :)

martinatreue
10-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Fabulous, Fed. Each win you have is great and brings sadness to Fedhatertards. :)

ginnylegend
10-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Maybe because it's not big news that he walks through the draw's weaker guys?

Although 2 and 1 isn't bad considering Moodie's serve.

Pfloyd
10-05-2006, 12:47 PM
This will make a good blog entry:

"Yeah, um, I mean I had a good day, he had a bad day, I dunno It happens sometimes, yeah, He's a good player, but I had a good performance out there you know" (smiling)

Super-Fabio
10-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Roger :)

landoud
10-05-2006, 02:25 PM
congrats Roger

Fergie
10-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Nice win Rogi :)

silverarrows
10-06-2006, 03:34 AM
Another day in the office...Business as usual for Fed. :cool:

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-06-2006, 03:54 AM
Well done JesusFed :rolleyes:

Johnny Groove
10-06-2006, 03:58 AM
Fabulous, Fed. Each win you have is great and brings sadness to Fedhatertards. :)

o yes, we rafatards are slitting our wrists because Fed won a 3rd round match 2 and 1. :rolleyes:

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-06-2006, 04:03 AM
o yes, we rafatards are slitting our wrists because Fed won a 3rd round match 2 and 1.

Finally blaze shows some anger at his Fedtard masters. :p

Johnny Groove
10-06-2006, 04:06 AM
Finally blaze shows some anger at his Fedtard masters. :p

:lol: what can i say, some Fedtards i love :lol:

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-06-2006, 04:11 AM
what can i say, some Fedtards i love

Yeah
Even I have to agree some of them are quite fun (u know who u are) :D

prima donna
10-06-2006, 04:20 AM
o yes, we rafatards are slitting our wrists because Fed won a 3rd round match 2 and 1. :rolleyes:

How'd you like the results of the Wimbledon Final or maybe even the U.S Open final ?

Johnny Groove
10-06-2006, 04:22 AM
How'd you like the results of the Wimbledon Final or maybe even the U.S Open final ?

let me guess: you'll talk about his joke draw and the fact that kendrick should have beaten him and that Fed bagelled him in the final?

Or that Rafa beat all his opponent until the final (excluding Kendrick) in straight sets and took Fedgod to 2 tiebreaks and even won one? Something that Ancic, Berdych, and Gasquet could NOT do.

as for USO, eh, whatever. :p

prima donna
10-06-2006, 04:25 AM
let me guess: you'll talk about his joke draw and the fact that kendrick should have beaten him and that Fed bagelled him in the final?

Or that Rafa beat all his opponent until the final (excluding Kendrick) in straight sets and took Fedgod to 2 tiebreaks and even won one? Something that Ancic, Berdych, and Gasquet could NOT do.

as for USO, eh, whatever. :p
Heh, you need to accept the fact that your little moonballer from Mallorca isn't in Roger's class. Stop pretending there's some kind of a rivalry, Roger's a billion points ahead. I always find the fact that you're willing to go to such great lengths for the sole purpose of defending a meaningless point.

Roger's the best player in the world.
Roger has 9 grand slams.

Go play your kiddy games with another player, there's nothing to see here.

Pfloyd
10-06-2006, 04:28 AM
Oh God, not this again...

Johnny Groove
10-06-2006, 04:29 AM
Heh, you need to accept the fact that your little moonballer from Mallorca isn't in Roger's class. Stop pretending there's some kind of a rivalry, Roger's a billion points ahead. I always find the fact that you're willing to go to such great lengths for the sole purpose of defending a meaningless point.

Roger's the best player in the world.
Roger has 9 grand slams.

Go play your kiddy games with another player, there's nothing to see here.

i love how when valid points are thrown at you, you puff out your chest and proudly proclaim Fed to be the ruler of the known universe, and that Rafa will never, ever be on his level :lol:

Pfloyd
10-06-2006, 04:30 AM
I believe that having a winning record over a player means something...

prima donna
10-06-2006, 04:31 AM
I believe that having a winning record over a player means something...

Yeah, tell it to Richard K. ( Ended 6 to 4 in matches against Sampras )

prima donna
10-06-2006, 04:32 AM
i love how when valid points are thrown at you, you puff out your chest and proudly proclaim Fed to be the ruler of the known universe, and that Rafa will never, ever be on his level :lol:

Just don't understand why Roger continues being compared to guys like Nadal, instead of guys like Borg, Laver, Wilander or Sampras.

Johnny Groove
10-06-2006, 04:33 AM
Yeah, tell it to Richard K. ( Ended 6 to 4 in matches against Sampras )

im sure Krajicek savored that 96 Wimbly

Pfloyd
10-06-2006, 04:33 AM
There are so many variables that can go into that, dont even get started

all we are going to do is start going back on forth on how Nadal is just a beast that smashes balls to Federer back hand, and that Federer has 9 gs and Nadal only two....Then Ill say that Nadal has 2 GS, when Federer at his age had none, then you'll say Nadal will burn out, then I'll say he wont and that he will only improve his level, you'll say thats not crap and that I'm no prophet, and then I'll say the same about you...

It's pointless really....

Johnny Groove
10-06-2006, 04:34 AM
Just don't understand why Roger continues being compared to guys like Nadal, instead of guys like Borg, Laver, Wilander or Sampras.

he IS compared to the greats of the game. The fact that there is now a challenger in the world just adds intrigue. (to which you'll say there are no challengers except history :rolleyes: )

prima donna
10-06-2006, 04:36 AM
There are so many variables that can go into that, dont even get started

all we are going to do is start going back on forth on how Nadal is just a beast that smashes balls to Federer back hand, and that Federer has 9 gs and Nadal only two....Then Ill say that Nadal has 2 GS, when Federer at his age had none, then you'll say Nadal will burn out, then I'll say he wont and that he will only improve his level, you'll say thats not crap and that I'm no prophet, and then I'll say the same about you...

It's pointless really....

Let me ask you an honest question.

Would you consider Nadal a player capable of accomplishing even half of what Roger's done ? All kidding aside, do you honestly think that Rafael Nadal can even come close ?

Pfloyd
10-06-2006, 04:39 AM
Let me ask you an honest question.

Would you consider Nadal a player capable of accomplishing even half of what Roger's done ? All kidding aside, do you honestly think that Rafael Nadal can even come close ?

I belive Roger will go on to win about 14-16 GS. I also believe that Nadal can win up to 7 maximum 8 GS. I dont like these tpes of hateful comparisons to be honest, and I do like them both. I happen to prefer Nadal more, cause I like his style and passion. But no, I do not think Rafa will do what Roger has done. I just think its better to appreciate them each for there own reasons, this is not to say that when Nadal raises his level, he can pretty much beat anybody.

prima donna
10-06-2006, 04:41 AM
I belive Roger will go on to win about 14-16 GS. I also believe that Nadal can win up to 7 maximum 8 GS. I dont like these tpes of hateful comparisons to be honest, and I do like them both. I happen to prefer Nadal more, cause I like his style and passion. But no, I do not think Rafa will do what Roger has done. I just think its better to appreciate them each for there own reasons, this is not to say that when Nadal raises his level, he can pretty much beat anybody.

God, I'm not sure what to say.

Have any idea how difficult of a task winning 7 or 8 slams would be ?

Pfloyd
10-06-2006, 04:43 AM

Not easy at all, but If he manages to stay healthy, I think he can win 3 more RG's, 2 AO's and possibly a US or Wimbledon.

I believe that at the very least, he will win 4 or 5....

Johnny Groove
10-06-2006, 04:44 AM

hes got 2, i dont see anyone stopping him at RG. he has a good shot at the AO, with the surface speed and bounce, hes made a Wimbly final, but then again, so has Fat Dave :tape: and USO, hes still uncomfortable with NYC, so, yeah, i think he can do 7-8 :shrug:

Pfloyd
10-06-2006, 04:45 AM
Now I want to ask you, with all kidding aside and as honest as you can be..what do you think Nadal will achieve?..take into consideration his age, his passion and all that...

prima donna
10-06-2006, 04:48 AM
Maybe a U.S Open and 1 more French Open.

Johnny Groove
10-06-2006, 04:49 AM
Maybe a U.S Open and 1 more French Open.

o yes, he'll be washed up at 21-22 :rolleyes:

Pfloyd
10-06-2006, 04:50 AM
What about Australia?

silverarrows
10-06-2006, 04:52 AM
I think at least 5-6 GS titles is possible for Nadal considering his age and performance.

Macbrother
10-06-2006, 04:55 AM
Just because the surface is a little slower doesn't mean he'll excel at Melbourne. It's still very different than clay, both in bounce and movement. I'm not saying he cannot but I'll have to see results before I buy into this, as of yet Nadal hasn't advanced to a semi on any grand slam hardcourt surface.

Anyway I agree the rivalry here is kind've stupid, why not just enjoy both players and the variety they bring? I think Roger's wicked forehand angles and Nadal's 20-point rally fights are both equally entertaining.

rofe
10-06-2006, 05:00 AM

Is a Rafatard automatically a Fedhatertard? :confused:

I am trying to understand the intricacies of name calling on MTF. :p

atheneglaukopis
10-06-2006, 05:15 AM
Is a Rafatard automatically a Fedhatertard? :confused:

I am trying to understand the intricacies of name calling on MTF. :pAnd crucially, is a Fedtardhater automatically a Fedhatertard? My answer: no.