Will these players ever return to the Top TEN? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will these players ever return to the Top TEN?

JadexD
10-03-2006, 11:42 PM
I know it's hard to be at the top of tennis and many haven fallen. I just want a honest public opinion about whether any of them can return to the elite or they are just going to slowly fade away.

Moya- It's his age that restricts him and it seems that his best years are behing him.

Coria- :rolleyes: Depends on when he's actually going to get healed and serve right.

Gaudio- There's not a lot of passion in him and it doesn't seem as if he wants to go for the big ones anymore. He seems to be pleased with what he has accomplished.

T.J- Uh, injuries? I really don't know what's up with him. But he's not a young guy anymore.

Ferrero- Way too many first round looses and confidence issue. I thought Cincy would have been the turning point but that proved to be wrong. Still has the skills and talent but nothing seems to click.

Henman- I don't know what to say. He's getting too old and perhaps like Moya, there's not much left in him.

njorker
10-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Out of the players mentioned, I would like to see Henman come back in the top 10. Sometimes, it does get a lil bit boring when players stay on the baseline. Mr Serve-and-Volley himself could put some variety on the game. I mean, a lot of comments are being said that no one plays s&v anymore, so it would be nice if Henman could make it to top10 through his style of play.

Horatio Caine
10-06-2006, 04:16 PM
I know it's hard to be at the top of tennis and many haven fallen. I just want a honest public opinion about whether any of them can return to the elite or they are just going to slowly fade away.

Moya- It's his age that restricts him and it seems that his best years are behing him.

Coria- :rolleyes: Depends on when he's actually going to get healed and serve right.

Gaudio- There's not a lot of passion in him and it doesn't seem as if he wants to go for the big ones anymore. He seems to be pleased with what he has accomplished.

T.J- Uh, injuries? I really don't know what's up with him. But he's not a young guy anymore.

Ferrero- Way too many first round looses and confidence issue. I thought Cincy would have been the turning point but that proved to be wrong. Still has the skills and talent but nothing seems to click.

Henman- I don't know what to say. He's getting too old and perhaps like Moya, there's not much left in him.

Moya - sounds like he doesn't really want it anymore. NO

Coria - YES possibly. There are so many clay tournies in the calendar that it would be foolish to rule him out...I'm sure he will bounce back - just a matter of how high.

Gaudio - older than many think. Like Coria, YES possibly. He will always be challenging for latter stages of many clay events.

Johansson - NO. I think we've seen the last of him...retirement by the end of 2008.

Ferrero - will probably be a force on the clay next year. YES

Henman - NO. But without all those crap draws he'd be top 30 by now. :rolleyes: Top 30 is possible, maybe top 20. He NEEDS to get seeded at tournies in the New Year, because clay will slow him down.

sawan66278
10-06-2006, 04:17 PM
I think Juan Carlos will return to the top 10 at some point...even if briefly...if players like Stepanek can make it there, any one can...

Checho
10-06-2006, 04:20 PM
I hope that Coria will!!!!

It isn't possible he has forgotten how to serve and to play tennis.

BlakeorHenman
10-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Moya - No
Coria - No
Gaudio - No
Johannson - No
Ferrero - Doubtful
Henman - If only...

BlakeorHenman
10-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Safin - ABSOLUTELY

Macbrother
10-06-2006, 04:27 PM
I seriously doubt any of them will. We've truly seen nothing out of these guys for a very long time; coming back out of nowhere to be back in form does happen, but it's rare.

rmb6687
10-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Safin - ABSOLUTELY

hahaah, I was waiting for someone to say that!

LaTenista
10-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Moya - No
Coria - No
Gaudio - No
Johannson - No
Ferrero - Doubtful
Henman - If only...

Safin - ABSOLUTELY

:yeah: Couldn't agree more with you!

What about other former Top 10ers not mentioned yet? Novak, Ferrer, Hewitt, Kuerten, Stepanek, Gonzalez, Massu...

atheneglaukopis
10-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Safin - ABSOLUTELY

hahaah, I was waiting for someone to say that!

I guess we all got a good night's sleep after yesterday, and the optimism has recharged. Here we go again. :D *sigh*

zicofirol
10-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Moya - sounds like he doesn't really want it anymore. NO

Coria - YES possibly. There are so many clay tournies in the calendar that it would be foolish to rule him out...I'm sure he will bounce back - just a matter of how high.

Gaudio - older than many think. Like Coria, YES possibly. He will always be challenging for latter stages of many clay events.

Johansson - NO. I think we've seen the last of him...retirement by the end of 2008.

Ferrero - will probably be a force on the clay next year. YES

Henman - NO. But without all those crap draws he'd be top 30 by now. :rolleyes: Top 30 is possible, maybe top 20. He NEEDS to get seeded at tournies in the New Year, because clay will slow him down.

http://pirate4x4.net/mstevens/uploads/drugs_bad_ummkay.jpg

lol coria and ferrero :rolleyes: .

No on everyone and johansson has the best chance, so that should tell you the chances for the other ones. Especially with the crop of young talent coming out, these guys are done.

Jimnik
10-06-2006, 05:29 PM
JCF is the only one with a decent chance.

Safin might make it back but how long will it last before he gets injured again?

jayjay
10-06-2006, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE=JadexD;4217967]Moya

No chance.

Coria-

Young enough to recover a high level, but as we speak it seems a long long long way away. My heart says, he will return to top 10. My head.......let's just say I am ignoring my head on this issue. :)

Gaudio-

No chance. He won't play for much longer I wouldn't have thought.

T.J-

I wouldn't have thought so.

Ferrero-

He has the best chance of your list, it wouldn't surprise me to see him just sneak back into the top 10 even if it's just to flirt with it - but the days of Ferrero 2002/2003 are unfortunately over.

Henman-

No chance.

ChinoRios4Ever
10-06-2006, 06:10 PM
i think coria have a chance if he gets healthy again

moya, henman, tojo & GG all are getting older

where's safin in this list?

atheneglaukopis
10-06-2006, 06:11 PM
i think coria have a chance if he gets healthy again

moya, henman, tojo & GG all are getting older

where's safin in this list?Safin is not in this list because for him there is no question. :p :)

ChinoRios4Ever
10-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Safin is not in this list because for him there is no question. :p :)

good point :)

rmb6687
10-06-2006, 11:55 PM
hahah oh man, safin fans are easy to recover. I guess because it happens to often.

And, you're right, there was never a question about Marat

its.like.that
10-07-2006, 04:12 AM
It is unlikely that any of them will return, except for Coria.

GlennMirnyi
10-07-2006, 04:14 AM
None of them.

njorker
10-07-2006, 05:09 AM
Safin is not in this list because for him there is no question. :p :)

:yeah: