Davydenko not playing for a 3rd week in a row [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Davydenko not playing for a 3rd week in a row

hanabishi
10-03-2006, 03:22 AM
I find it surprising that "Mr. I Play a Tournament Every Week" Davydenko is not playing again this week. He skipped last week, and if we count being benched in Davis Cup, it's his 3rd straight week not playing. He hasn't taken a break this long since the end of the last season.

I checked the ATP Website and I don't think he even holds the distinction of playing the most number of tournaments among the guys in the Top 50. He's played 27 tournaments (not counting Davis Cup) this year, but Dmitry Tursunov (who I think is the new iron-man of tennis) has played 28 and is playing his 29th this week in Tokyo.

Maybe Davydenko is finally listening to people saying he plays much too much on the Tour and that he needs some weeks to take a break.

Billabong
10-03-2006, 03:23 AM
Dima:lol:

Action Jackson
10-03-2006, 03:25 AM
The PMK is allowed to take a break. It's funny he plays too much it becomes a problem, when he doesn't play then it's news.

Irina spent so much on his credit card, he is in shock.

MTF rules.

LaTenista
10-03-2006, 03:27 AM
Tursunov withdrew from Tokyo.

Johnny Groove
10-03-2006, 03:27 AM
The PMK is allowed to take a break. It's funny he plays too much it becomes a problem, when he doesn't play then it's news.

Irina spent so much on his credit card, he is in shock.

MTF rules.

Law 18 :rocker2:

Action Jackson
10-03-2006, 03:30 AM
Law 18 :rocker2:

Thanks keeper of Laws.

Breakdown
10-03-2006, 06:08 AM
Poor Nikolay!:( :cat:
He must be bored without tennis, such a long time and no matches....:shrug:

robinhood
10-03-2006, 06:16 AM

That's disappointing, but very well deserved.

jayjay
10-03-2006, 06:16 AM
I'm a little worried about Davydenko - for him not to make contact with a Tennis court for 3 weeks is very, very unusual. Please people all around the world - be especially vigilant and if you see a Montgomery Burns looking figure walking aimlessly around in search of a Tennis court, please direct him to one or contact the ATP as to his whereabouts.

{Annie}
10-03-2006, 06:21 AM
What is so worrying about Davydenko? :lol: The guy played more tournaments than anyone else this year. He did the same last year and tanked two Master Series events in Madrid and Bercy because he was too tired. He desperately wants to make it to Shanghai this year again, so Eduard very rightly pointed out that he needs a break in order to ensure he can compete well enough at the end of the season. We also have a Davis Cup final to worry about now, too :p

So hey, this is way too logical to even be questioning it :rolleyes:

He'll be back on Monday for the Kremlin Cup though, so wipe your tears and have some patience :lol:

Naranoc
10-03-2006, 06:21 AM
I'm a little worried about Davydenko - for him not to make contact with a Tennis court for 3 weeks is very, very unusual. Please people all around the world - be especially vigilant and if you see a Montgomery Burns looking figure walking aimlessly around in search of a Tennis court, please direct him to one or contact the ATP as to his whereabouts.

:haha:

{Annie}
10-03-2006, 06:22 AM
^ :haha:

:rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

robinhood
10-03-2006, 06:23 AM
What is so worrying about Davydenko? :lol: The guy played more tournaments than anyone else this year. He did the same last year and tanked two Master Series events in Madrid and Bercy because he was too tired. He desperately wants to make it to Shanghai this year again, so Eduard very rightly pointed out that he needs a break in order to ensure he can compete well enough at the end of the season. We also have a Davis Cup final to worry about now, too :p

So hey, this is way too logical to even be questioning it :rolleyes:

I hope he doesn't tank them this time because of rust.
Anyways, the rest should be very good for him.

hanabishi
10-03-2006, 11:13 AM
Huh? Then why is he on Wednesday's OOP in Tokyo?

alfonsojose
10-03-2006, 01:01 PM

:haha: :haha: