Who knows about the "Amateur Tennis" section of MTF? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who knows about the "Amateur Tennis" section of MTF?

Vass
10-02-2006, 02:49 PM
NOONE?

I don't want to seem like a cray-baby, and indeed it was only half a day since i posted my question about tennis racquets, but i think that moving equipment-related threads from GM to a special section is ineffective. Nobody ever goes there and hence, none of the questions get answered (most topics have 1-2 replies).
In my 3 years on MTF equipment-related questions in General Messages never really bothered me, nobody else complained about them either as i remember. Where-as people asking the questions about some tennis-raquet always got a large number of replies in no time and from people they trust. Unlike in the "Amateur tennis -Equipment questions" section.

I agree that there's a lot of trash in the General Messages - that place is a mess that needs cleaning up - but genuine questions regarding equipment or other tennis advice should be kept there.

THis is not a compliant, but a suggestion.
Thanks.

Deboogle!.
10-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Check out this thread
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=33211

Personally I think it's a good idea. but as you say, no one seems to know about it.

But you can't please everyone. If they took it away and put all those questions back into GM, all the people who wanted that forum in the first place will suddenly reappear :lol:

Neely
10-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Yes sure, could not say that Vass is wrong with everything, but about a year until some months ago until the forum was approved and finally installed there was a not small number of people who wanted to see this forum and thought it would be great.

That's always the risk, you have the people who say "please please please please give us the forum, it would be so great" etc. and then you have the ones, who disagree with it or don't visit it or that the forum dies and is not frequently enough visited.

Vass
10-02-2006, 08:36 PM
But you can't please everyone. If they took it away and put all those questions back into GM, all the people who wanted that forum in the first place will suddenly reappear :lol:

I see your point, but again those threads are THAT annoying and can be lived through. Not getting an answer at all is far more disappointing.

Anywho, i did manage to buy a racquet without anyone's help. Luckily i dind't miss.

Neely
10-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Sorry about your thread, Vass, which did not get answers so far!
(even though asking a few hours before buying a racket is a bit on short notice :lol: )

Before writing off the idea of this forum completely and cancelling it, maybe we should first try a different location of the Amateur Tennis Section to see if we could not get it going a bit better at least.

bad gambler
10-03-2006, 04:18 AM
Anywho, i did manage to buy a racquet without anyone's help. Luckily i dind't miss.

At least you got the racquet, that's what counts at the end of the day :p