game total 204.5

Who's the dog?

bossboss
10-02-2006, 07:19 AM
tigers are the dogs .. i think because the game is in brisbane

Mr Flamboyant
10-02-2006, 07:22 AM
tigers are the dogs .. i think because the game is in brisbane

Was about to post that regardless who had / conceeded the start I'd be on Melbourne .. with the points, great!

good_gambler
10-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Brisbane Bullets FULL STAKES! :bowdown:

Mr Flamboyant
10-02-2006, 11:52 PM
If Mark Bradtke is missing for Brisbane, they'll have major problems tonight ..

Mr Flamboyant
10-03-2006, 12:47 AM
No Bradtke or Black for Brisbane, but Chris Anstey is in doubt for the Tigers due to a virus .. Didn't travel with the team yesterday but may head north today.

If he's out Brisbane wins.

bad gambler
10-03-2006, 06:40 AM
No Bradtke or Black for Brisbane, but Chris Anstey is in doubt for the Tigers due to a virus .. Didn't travel with the team yesterday but may head north today.

If he's out Brisbane wins.

wow didn't heard about Anstey, haven't really been following the leadup to this match

should be good viewing regardless, Tiges have the depth to cover for him

Mr Flamboyant
10-03-2006, 06:44 AM
Brisbane has been bombed this afternoon .. They're in from $1.75 to $1.58 on the ML and $1.67 ATS (-1.5) .. Even the over has been hammered !

One can only assume from this that Anstey is out .. !

andrew057
10-03-2006, 07:14 AM
Still can get $1.71 at pinnacle

dave nz
10-03-2006, 07:19 AM
Anstey is unlikely to play. No bet for me on this one. Will likely have my first bet for awhile tomorrow night.

Hey BG I hear Crosswhite is out for the Kings thursday and Smitty is likely out too......

Mr Flamboyant
10-03-2006, 07:19 AM
Can confirm Anstey IS out ..

Mr Flamboyant
10-03-2006, 07:30 AM
Will be interested to see the line for tomorrow's West Sydney v Taipans match .. Snakes haven't won at Homebush since 2000 but they're pretty keyed up to end that streak on Wednesday night.

West Sydney boast one of the weakest rosters in the league IMO and only finalised it late today with the signing of Ya Ya Dia as their second import.
He won't play tomorrow night but the Pigs boast just enough class players in key positions to cause Cairns trouble.

All told it's clearly been a less than ideal pre-season for the Razorbacks, and given this is their first game the do look a little underdone.

So what the books make of all this by way of their lines is anyone's guess .. I'd make Cairns favourites by four or five points.

dave nz
10-03-2006, 07:33 AM
So what the books make of all this by way of their lines is anyone's guess .. I'd make Cairns favourites by four or five points.

Spot on Cairns have opened up 5 point favs with C/Bet.

Mr Flamboyant
10-03-2006, 07:48 AM
On paper Cairns should win easily .. but this time last season a similarly threadbare West Sydney out-enthused them 112-101, with such luminaries as Adam Darragh and John Cornette doing plenty of damage..:mad: :lol: :retard:

sports freak
10-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Dont underestimate the Razorbacks this yr feel they can go well!!There's a decent list plus that Harvey is a FREAK,they picked up a 2nd import which is good signs for them!!

bad gambler
10-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Still think Tiges can get the cash tonight based on what I saw at the SEC two weeks ago when the Bullets played the Kings

Dench and Stiff can cover for him

bad gambler
10-03-2006, 10:18 AM
However there are too much doubt around this one so going to stick with a total...

UNDERS 203.5 Bullets v Tigers - $1.90

good luck

bad gambler
10-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Hey BG I hear Crosswhite is out for the Kings thursday and Smitty is likely out too......

Yep - though I believe Smith will still travel over the ditch with the team.

With Kings playing their next 3 games on the road, don't think Goorj will risk either of them

bad gambler
10-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Will be interested to see the line for tomorrow's West Sydney v Taipans match .. Snakes haven't won at Homebush since 2000 but they're pretty keyed up to end that streak on Wednesday night.

West Sydney boast one of the weakest rosters in the league IMO and only finalised it late today with the signing of Ya Ya Dia as their second import.
He won't play tomorrow night but the Pigs boast just enough class players in key positions to cause Cairns trouble.

All told it's clearly been a less than ideal pre-season for the Razorbacks, and given this is their first game the do look a little underdone.

FYI - this is the Fox game tomorrow night. Pigs will come out swinging IMO. Whether first game enthusiasm will be enough to overcome their lack of depth, we'll see tomorrow.

But it only takes Harvey to hit his range and they are right in this one given Snakes seem overly reliant on Cat on offense as you predicted so early in the season.

bad gambler
10-03-2006, 12:37 PM

good luck

Win

No Anstey in this one so to be honest doesn't really tell us much about both teams tonight.

dave nz
10-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Good call BG. When I hear whether Smith is playing or not will post in here, probably won't hear till gameday, but early indications are he won't play.

good_gambler
10-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Brisbane Bullets FULL STAKES! :bowdown:

:dance: :aparty:

Has anyone got an opinion on the Wildcats - Crocs game?

Perth is a tough road trip but the Crocs are the "real deal" this year. :)

Mr Flamboyant
10-04-2006, 12:09 AM
:dance: :aparty:

Has anyone got an opinion on the Wildcats - Crocs game?

Perth is a tough road trip but the Crocs are the "real deal" this year. :)

There are two distinct Townsville teams IMO - the team that flows like Niagra Falls in offense at home, and the team that looks bewildered as to where it's next score is coming from when on the road ..

Perth are playing that really tough, in-your-face basketball that Scott Fisher has instilled since becoming coach. They're not THE most talented group in the league but they play to their maximum more often than not and make their opposition work for everything.

I'm far from sold on the Crocs away from home .. If you want to back them, I'd wait until saturday night's North Queensland derby at the Swamp ;)

Mr Flamboyant
10-04-2006, 12:17 AM
However there are too much doubt around this one so going to stick with a total...
good luck

Great play .. the public pounded the 'over' in this one but people seem to forget that Melbourne isn't the greatest jump shooting team going around .. Infact the Tigers had the second poorest three-point shooting percentage in the league last year .. With the tall timber they boast, their matches are rarely in danger of turning into a track meet ..

Anders
10-04-2006, 01:25 AM
TV game here tonite, I fancy some late nite degenerate action, what's the play oh my transtasman neighbouring hoopsterinos?

Mr Flamboyant
10-04-2006, 01:31 AM
ATS looks tricky in both games .. I do like both favourites to get the job done though .. at this stage it might be Cairns & Perth to win at $1.95 ..

Mr Flamboyant
10-04-2006, 02:18 AM
Pigs will be flying without the services of an import tonight. Justin Bailey is out due to injury and Ya Ya Dia doesn't arrive in Australian until tomorrow.

Taipans are kidding themselves if they can't win this.

Anders
10-04-2006, 02:30 AM
cheers bud, may make a play...

Damn, does life get much sweeter than the sun streaming in my lounge, WSOP on the telly, me on the Yanks on the Run Line, tennis in Japan coming up and live hoops late at nite - bartender, pour me another!

Mr Flamboyant
10-04-2006, 02:38 AM
cheers bud, may make a play...

Damn, does life get much sweeter than the sun streaming in my lounge, WSOP on the telly, me on the Yanks on the Run Line, tennis in Japan coming up and live hoops late at nite - bartender, pour me another!

Sounds like my typical saturday night come early! Except, without the sun of course ..

bad gambler
10-04-2006, 03:36 AM
TV game here tonite, I fancy some late nite degenerate action, what's the play oh my transtasman neighbouring hoopsterinos?

You stopped following the Aussie Hoops Anders? ;)

andrew057
10-04-2006, 04:22 AM
There are two distinct Townsville teams IMO - the team that flows like Niagra Falls in offense at home, and the team that looks bewildered as to where it's next score is coming from when on the road ..

Perth are playing that really tough, in-your-face basketball that Scott Fisher has instilled since becoming coach. They're not THE most talented group in the league but they play to their maximum more often than not and make their opposition work for everything.

I'm far from sold on the Crocs away from home .. If you want to back them, I'd wait until saturday night's North Queensland derby at the Swamp ;)

Sherlock :wavey:

Mr Flamboyant
10-04-2006, 04:27 AM
:lol: .. Ahem, yes! Gee I forgot how obvious cutting and pasting that would be! ;)

crash_king
10-04-2006, 04:52 AM
2 bets for me tonight

Cairns -5.5 @ 1.85
Cairns and the Wildcats @ 1.95

West Sydney do not have the depth currently and with both imports aren't playing. For this game for the razor backs they have only 8 players fit.... Scoring is left up to Harvey who I say is a good player, but you can not play a full game on court epecially after recovering from an injury, he needs match fitness. The win looks good in the multi and the line looks juicy with no fire power and D the taipans should thrash the razor backs with the likes of Cattalini, Stewart, Mee and Rose.

The wildcats match will be a test for them, the crocs looked good against the Kings, but we do have the stronger line up... Not the best in the league but one which will prove a major problem for the woeful travelling team of the crocs.

Both favorites will win

dave nz
10-04-2006, 05:09 AM
A couple of games tonight.

One posted bet for me :

Townsville +10.5 (-160) over Perth------------1.5 units

Also have a parlay going into Cairns ML in the other game but won't count on my record, will update my YTD record later.

gl

dave

good_gambler
10-04-2006, 06:46 AM
I seen your post Mr Flamboyant but about them not being able to score on the road.... That was last season.

This is a new season and I am sold they are the real deal. :lol:
Based: Purely on a feeling. :)

I'll sit it out though. :scared:

I'll be taking Cairns -5 over Razorbacks.

Mr Flamboyant
10-04-2006, 06:54 AM
I seen your post Mr Flamboyant but about them not being able to score on the road.... That was last season.
This is a new season and I am sold they are the real deal. :lol:
Based: Purely on a feeling. :)
I'll sit it out though. :scared:
I'll be taking Cairns -5 over Razorbacks.
I think it's impossible to guage whether they're the real deal yet because they haven't been tested on the road .. For mine defense is what seperates them from the top notch teams, in that they still play very little of it.

A lot of teams will have trouble containing them at the Swamp though .. starting with the Snakes on saturday night ;)

good_gambler
10-04-2006, 06:58 AM
I think it's impossible to guage whether they're the real deal yet because they haven't been tested on the road .. For mine defense is what seperates them from the top notch teams, in that they still play very little of it.

A lot of teams will have trouble containing them at the Swamp though .. starting with the Snakes on saturday night ;)

Shi*t. Is that game sold out yet, do you know?

Mr Flamboyant
10-04-2006, 07:00 AM
I'd get cracking .. it will be by saturday night that's for sure ..

Bolar Bolabi
10-04-2006, 07:42 AM
West Sydney - Under 196.5

Perth -6.5

Good luck

sports freak
10-04-2006, 08:02 AM
Got a good feel on the Razorbacks 2nite,feel they will win this game,Harvey to go off is unstoppable imo!!!

Mr Flamboyant
10-04-2006, 08:13 AM
Got a good feel on the Razorbacks 2nite,feel they will win this game,Harvey to go off is unstoppable imo!!!

Just remember SF, Harvey's going to be pretty underdone having sat out a lot of the pre-season .. He's missed a lot of basketball over the past year and is probably a way off rediscovering his best form ..

Once he and the likes of McGregor and Rigby need a rest tonight, the Razorbacks are a virtual ABA side ..

dave nz
10-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Got a good feel on the Razorbacks 2nite,feel they will win this game!!!

Oink, oink. Big call.

bad gambler
10-04-2006, 09:46 AM
No Bailey tips the scales - no bet in that one but if Snakes can't win serious questions have to be asked. However their record here is shocking.

Will play the late on though...

Crocs to cover +7 v Pussies - $1.90

good luck

bad gambler
10-04-2006, 09:54 AM
Looks like centrebet have caught on to what Flambo said at the start of the season re: Cat - no player performance prop being offered on him now :lol:

Bolar Bolabi
10-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Unders in the first one guys.

I see a 96 - 92 scoreline

Mr Flamboyant
10-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Looks like centrebet have caught on to what Flambo said at the start of the season re: Cat - no player performance prop being offered on him now :lol:
Hardly surprising .. I guess they don't want to just give away money .. A few of Cat's mates (other than Mee) need to shoulder a bit more responsibility in the scoring department .. It's not as if Alan Black's the kind of coach who puts anyone on a leash either ..

Mr Flamboyant
10-04-2006, 10:43 AM
KO's got a mismatch with Rigby down low ..

Mr Flamboyant
10-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Snakes look their usual gun-shy selves on the road .. Good finish to the quarter though ..

Mr Flamboyant
10-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Cairns 56-46 at halftime .. Cattalini is just automatic at the moment .. Owens continues to take advantage of his mismatch .. Don't think this thing is over just yet though .. How the Taipans jump out after halftime will be the key ..

dave nz
10-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Darnell Mee just played the worst half of hoops I think I have ever see from him. Don't expect a repeat in the 2nd half. Cairns up 10 :)

good_gambler
10-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Fuck... Cattalini looks good alright. :eek:

How weird is it to see Rob Rose in a Cairns outfit. :lol:

Glad they decided to keep Stewart though. :yeah:

Oh, and who is this Owens fellow??

bad gambler
10-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Adding:

Crocs to beat the Pussies - $3.75

gl

Mr Flamboyant
10-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Mixed night .. had a win with the Cairns x Perth play ($1.95), :) .. but a late flurry by the cats spoilt a perfect deuce in the spread tipping :mad: Redhage is just a powerhouse .. 37 more points tonight ..

crash_king
10-04-2006, 02:08 PM
I had a good night.... ended up putting three bets on...

Cats + taipans @1.89 x 500 $945
taipans @1.40 x 500 $700
taipans -5.5 @1.78 x 500 $890

total $2535

For the week I'm 4-1

sparkus8
10-04-2006, 02:09 PM
Damn, I don't think you could play a worse final 20 secs there than the Crocs did. Turn the ball over, follow it with an unsportsmanlike foul and then another foul and to top it off they don't even bother to put up the final shot.

Teach me to start counting the money before the game has finished!!

good_gambler
10-04-2006, 02:10 PM
C**ts just had to ruin what would have been 3-0 for the Queenslanders. :(

John Rillie went missing. :sad:

sparkus8
10-04-2006, 02:11 PM
I had a good night.... ended up putting three bets on...

Cats + taipans @1.89 x 500 $945
taipans @1.40 x 500 $700
taipans -5.5 @1.78 x 500 $890

total $2535

For the week I'm 4-1

Good one mate, but if you shopped around you could have made at least another $100 odd bucks.

good_gambler
10-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Damn, I don't think you could play a worse final 20 secs there than the Crocs did. Turn the ball over, follow it with an unsportsmanlike foul and then another foul and to top it off they don't even bother to put up the final shot.

Teach me to start counting the money before the game has finished!!

The Unsportsmanlike foul was no big deal though.
The match was done. Newley couphed up the ball and grabbed the player to stop a layup.

Mr Flamboyant
10-04-2006, 02:13 PM
C**ts just had to ruin what would have been 3-0 for the Queenslanders. :(
John Rillie went missing. :sad:

Oh well, it'll only make saturday's line more attractive to fade Cairns and hit the Crocs GG .. ;)

Mr Flamboyant
10-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Good one mate, but if you shopped around you could have made at least another $100 odd bucks.
He (like me) is obviously a poor wretch who bets with Tab Sportsbet! :lol:

sparkus8
10-04-2006, 02:16 PM
The Unsportsmanlike foul was no big deal though.
The match was done. Newley couphed up the ball and grabbed the player to stop a layup.

Mate it was a big deal when you have the Crocs +8. It killed any chance for the cover.

bad gambler
10-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Crocs to cover +7 v Pussies - $1.90

good luck

Adding:

Crocs to beat the Pussies - $3.75

gl

got to love the Crocs - that last minute was diabolical and the only time they didn't cover the spread was in the last 10s :o

LOST

sparkus8
10-04-2006, 02:17 PM

Man you guys are killing yourself just betting with them. At least grab a Centrebet account and if you want a really good price get in with Pinny as well.

bad gambler
10-04-2006, 02:20 PM
yep - TAB are criminals with the amount of juice involved in their lines

Mr Flamboyant
10-04-2006, 02:23 PM
yep - TAB are criminals with the amount of juice involved in their lines
Faves and underdogs both shorter than everywhere else ..

good_gambler
10-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Oh well, it'll only make saturday's line more attractive to fade Cairns and hit the Crocs GG .. ;)

John Rillie wrote a very interesting article in the Townsville Bulletin today and because of what he wrote (which he reflected on how the coaching staff / players would feel and such after a loss tonight) make me think I wont play them come Saturday.

It will be a great game though.:)

sparkus8
10-04-2006, 02:27 PM
got to love the Crocs - that last minute was diabolical and the only time they didn't cover the spread was in the last 10s :o

LOST

Yep that one definitely hurt. I think I would have been better off investing my cash over the last 24 hours in a case of lubricant. Santoro yesterday, followed by Wang this afternoon and then this one!! Now it looks like PHM could follow suit and if that happens I know someone upstairs doesn't like me :p

Mr Flamboyant
10-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Watchout for JR on saturday ..

dave nz
10-04-2006, 02:31 PM
A couple of games tonight.

One posted bet for me :

Townsville +10.5 (-160) over Perth------------1.5 units

Also have a parlay going into Cairns ML in the other game but won't count on my record, will update my YTD record later.

gl

dave

Cash them both :cool:

Liam Rush was huge for the Pigs

good_gambler
10-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Yep that one definitely hurt. I think I would have been better off investing my cash over the last 24 hours in a case of lubricant.

:haha: :haha:

:rolls:

Watchout for JR on saturday ..

Well he would want to show up after his diabolical performance tonight. :rolleyes:

Okay EDIT: 7 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists.
Nowhere near as bad as what I though.
Just didn't hear his name called at all throughout the game.

crash_king
10-04-2006, 03:25 PM

lol yep to lazy to open another account atm.... the odds were a little higher during the day but got in to late and by then as sports bet does the odds slid...

Anders
10-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Thoughts on Breakers v Kings tonight guys, am going to head along....

Mr Flamboyant
10-05-2006, 12:00 AM
Thoughts on Breakers v Kings tonight guys, am going to head along....

Think the line is pretty right .. it should be a high scoring game .. haven't seen what the total is yet though ..

Mr Flamboyant
10-05-2006, 03:30 AM
Have heard Jason Smith will miss for the Kings .. Coupled with Crosswhite's absence this does make the Breakers with the points look attractive ..

dave nz
10-05-2006, 03:40 AM
Yeah no Smith or Crosswhite-no bet for me.

bad gambler
10-05-2006, 04:04 AM
Breakers are getting pounded, now down to +/-3.5

Smith will most likely miss the sunshine swing as well

Mr Flamboyant
10-05-2006, 04:27 AM
This looks ripe for a play on the hosts .. Sydney is the type of benchmark side this new-look New Zealand will be very keen to beat.

bad gambler
10-05-2006, 04:28 AM
They definitely have the players on paper to get it done

Mr Flamboyant
10-05-2006, 04:33 AM
Having said that I don't like to bet against proven winners .. even if they're undermanned ..

bossboss
10-05-2006, 11:04 AM
What a come back by the kings today (only good for the tipping comptetion)

i had a small bet on R. Elliott to score 21 or more , i lost by a mile. he only scored 10. he averaged 20 in the first 3 games. i thought because of the players missing from kings tonight , he will either get more game time or the kings will depend on him more, add to that the high game total expected. but all that didn't work for me!!!:mad:

Anyway WNBL starts tomorrow.. Anyone have any ideas!!! i follow WNBA and i did quite well this season..i guess i will wait couple of rounds ans see how the teams go

GL tomorrow for the 36ers X Hawks

bad gambler
10-05-2006, 11:18 AM
EJ came up with the goods :cool:

4-1 start, as a Kings fan can't complain about that given I was expecting us to drop at least a couple by now

dave nz
10-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Slingers, Pigs and Breakers could be slugging it out for the wooden spoon :lol:

So dependent on the injury front though, so its hard to say

Mr Flamboyant
10-06-2006, 03:16 AM
Total for tomorrow night's Townsville v Cairns game is 207.5 ..:eek: That's WAY too small IMO .. These two teams like to run and get up a lot of shots ..

crash_king
10-06-2006, 04:26 AM
does anyone know if Maher is playing tonight for Adelaide?

dave nz
10-06-2006, 04:46 AM
does anyone know if Maher is playing tonight for Adelaide?

I believe he will.

dave nz
10-06-2006, 04:47 AM
One small one for tonight :

Wollongong +4 over Adelaide------------0.5 of a unit

gl

dave

bad gambler
10-06-2006, 07:08 AM
With you Dave on the Hawkies with the points, Maher or no Maher. Actually would prefer it if the turnover king plays though lol

gl

andrew057
10-06-2006, 07:57 AM
Im with you guys, havent decided whether ill take the ML or points yet though.

sports freak
10-06-2006, 08:19 AM
Oh shit on the 36ERS 2nite,just a gut feel!!btw who the F is the K.O in the Taipans,the monster just dominated n was the differnce no doubt!!

Bolar Bolabi
10-06-2006, 08:22 AM
Adelaide -4.5

Mr Flamboyant
10-06-2006, 08:40 AM
Wollongong has won only five of 32 games against the 36ers in Adelaide .. The Hawks lack depth and if they have one of their trademark bad nights from the field, then they'll be cannon fodder.

On the plus side though, they'll be desperate (being 0-2) and Brendan Joyce is sure to have his men taking a bit of a siege mentality into this game .. because Joycey was seething after last friday night's loss up here against the Snakes .. (the referees were clearly his target but he couldn't say as much for obvious reasons ;) )..

A couple of Adelaide stars are due for big games .. W.Farley in particular .. This match could go any one of 46 different ways IMO ..

sports freak
10-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Adelaide starters should be enough to win the game the bench should get them home,plus like you said the big guns are due for a big game for the 36ERS!!!Anyway it should be interesting tonight viewing wise!!

dave nz
10-06-2006, 09:57 AM
I see the +112 I got on +4 at Pinny has died in the ass into -117 now, thought it might.

GL Wollongong bettors tonight!

bad gambler
10-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Sounds like Maher is out tonight

bad gambler
10-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Screw it that ML is huge, Hawks $2.60 for me as well

Mr Flamboyant
10-06-2006, 11:13 AM
Maher IS out so I'm jumping on this bandwagon .. Hawks +5.5

Mr Flamboyant
10-06-2006, 11:55 AM
W'Gong 37-36 .. 2nd Q .. Cortez Groves starting to clear his throat .. 36ers tactics seem pretty clear - pound the thing inside and let Horvath go to work .. Hawks with a better spread of scorers at this stage ..

bad gambler
10-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Is Rampton even trying to defend Horvarth? :silly:

bad gambler
10-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Ballinger just needs some time on the floor in the second half and Hawks should be sweet provided he doesn't get into any more foul trouble

Mr Flamboyant
10-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Is Rampton even trying to defend Horvarth? :silly:
Hey don't question Rambo's savy on 'D' .. afterall he did win the Taipans best defensive player award in his final season here ..:cuckoo:

But I think that was more to do with Guy Molloy's parting shot at the organisation that'd just sacked him!! ;)

Mr Flamboyant
10-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Ballinger just needs some time on the floor in the second half and Hawks should be sweet provided he doesn't get into any more foul trouble
Looks like he virtually sat out the rest of the half after racking up his third foul .. ?

SwiSha
10-06-2006, 01:09 PM
great call on the Hawks fellas ..pity i wasn t around to follow it

Mr Flamboyant
10-06-2006, 01:14 PM
Maher IS out so I'm jumping on this bandwagon .. Hawks +5.5
Piece of piss ..

dave nz
10-06-2006, 01:16 PM
One small one for tonight :

Wollongong +4 over Adelaide------------0.5 of a unit

gl

dave

Cash it :cool:

Probably no play tomorrow night

may have one for the following day though

good_gambler
10-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Yeah... so I'm about 1/420 this week in tipping. :rolleyes: :retard:

In other news... I am going to Townsville tomorrow but haven't bought tickets. May in the morning.
If the game is sold out... shit happens. :shrug:
I'm not going for the game... if there happens to be tickets left I'll probably end up there though.

Kind of leaninig on Townsville -5.5 @ $2.10 for this one. :unsure:

But like I said the other night, I feel very wary of bettingon them after John Rillie's article. :scared:

Mr Flamboyant
10-07-2006, 02:27 AM

In other news... I am going to Townsville tomorrow but haven't bought tickets. May in the morning.
I'm not going for the game... if there happens to be tickets left I'll probably end up there though.

But like I said the other night, I feel very wary of bettingon them after John Rillie's article. :scared:
If the swamp is sold out you could always go and watch the battle for north queensland soccer supremacy ie the Crad Evans Shield .. Leichhardt Lions (Cairns premiers) vs Wulguru (Townsville premiers) .. !! Kicks off at 7pm at the Murray Sports Centre ..

sports freak
10-07-2006, 03:28 AM

I know how you feel gg,keep haning in there friend!!Leaning on the Crocs aswell,dont know if thats a good sign :rolleyes: especially if Dave/BG double post Snakes +5.5 then i would be :scared: p.s Thankyou to the Stinkin 36ERS aswell last nite!!

sports freak
10-07-2006, 03:34 AM
Also with the Tipping comp,i feel you shouldnt need to pic every single game every rd,it should be the percentage of wins/loss ratio say with the minimum of games to be played around 80* maybe!!Just rely on BG honesty in the end for the outcome,soo hard trying to pic each game especially sometimes your just guessing for the sake of the tipping comp!!!This could apply next season,plus one or two other improvements that we could look into,also what about a total pts aswell,i like taking the totals in NBL more then the ATS most of the time,just some thoughts you would like to take in!!

Mr Flamboyant
10-07-2006, 03:50 AM
Speaking of totals, tonight's 207.5 just looks miles too low to me .. Both these teams base their games on running and basically putting up as many shots as they can (Alan Black's "Holy Grail" is for his teams to make 100 shot attempts per game!) ..

HOWEVER, you southerners just can't appreciate how fierce the rivalry is between Cairns and Townsville .. It's downright nasty ! And I think that fact alone will mean both the Crocs and Taipans will play a bit harder on defense than they normally would, because this is a virtual grand final for both clubs.

Still, I just can't shake the thought that overs is the way to go ..

bad gambler
10-07-2006, 03:52 AM
Also with the Tipping comp,i feel you shouldnt need to pic every single game every rd,it should be the percentage of wins/loss ratio say with the minimum of games to be played around 80* maybe!!Just rely on BG honesty in the end for the outcome,soo hard trying to pic each game especially sometimes your just guessing for the sake of the tipping comp!!!This could apply next season,plus one or two other improvements that we could look into,also what about a total pts aswell,i like taking the totals in NBL more then the ATS most of the time,just some thoughts you would like to take in!!

No probs SF - first time I've run a comp like this so happy to hear any feedback positive or negative

dave nz
10-07-2006, 04:18 AM

Good post, I agree.

bad gambler
10-07-2006, 06:42 AM
Flambo what do you reckon about Cat 27pts and over tonight? DOesn't he usually go off against the Crocs?

Mr Flamboyant
10-07-2006, 07:02 AM
Flambo what do you reckon about Cat 27pts and over tonight? DOesn't he usually go off against the Crocs?

I'd only hit it if you got $2.50 or better .. He's every chance of having 30+ again tonight (so far he's had 32,39,24) but he's got a pretty tough matchup with Larry Abney ..

Their duel was all the talk among the coaches yesterday, and Abney even weighed into it by saying "I'm the only one who can stop me" .. It's a crucial one too .. last season the winner of their one on one battle won the game.

The other interesting thing is that their personal battles were won pretty comprehensively whichever way they went. Cat is prone to getting a bit steamed up at times and he did let Abney get under his skin in their first matchup in Townsville early last season.

Look it's the sort of match where you can see a few guys scoring pretty freely and the Taipans definitely need Cattalini to be one of them.

I'll give you a bit of a smokey here too .. The Swamp is Anthony Stewart's favourite venue .. not because he likes the abuse, but because he shoots the lights out more often than not .. It reminds him of the Derwent Entertainment Centre he played in during his time with the Hobart Tassie Devils .. He's had quite a few 25+ games in Townsville over the years .. But Stewey being Stewey he can be a bit inconsistent nowadays and if it's not his night shooting wise you know about it very early ..

bad gambler
10-07-2006, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the thoughts - I didn't realise but Cat had the flu and was only a gametime decision against the Pigs?

Might layoff this prop bet tonight

Mr Flamboyant
10-07-2006, 07:10 AM
Yeah he only had 35 minutes on Wednesday night .. he's fine now though .. infact was whinging to the coach about spending too much time on the bench !! Have you changed your mind on Cairns with the points too ..?

bad gambler
10-07-2006, 07:12 AM
Yeah he only had 35 minutes on Wednesday night .. he's fine now though .. infact was whinging to the coach about spending too much time on the bench !! Have you changed your mind on Cairns with the points too ..?

Was about to click submit and then came across the fact that he was unwell on Thursday...I like the snakes tonight but when your star player on offense recovering from any sort of sickness makes me worried...

Mr Flamboyant
10-07-2006, 07:14 AM
He was charging around as normal at training yesterday .. shouldn't be any worries about him being below par tonight ..

L James
10-07-2006, 07:41 AM
BG & Co - Are u guys still on IRC? I'd like to chat about NBL like back in the old days. Especially now my Wildcats are actually doing OK ;)

dave nz
10-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Does anyone know whether Anstey is playing tomorrow ?

Havn't looked into it yet......

Small play tonight :

Townsville ML (-159) over Cairns-----------0.5 of a unit

gl

dave

Mr Flamboyant
10-07-2006, 09:55 AM
Agree with that play Dave .. I've been eyeing off Cairns as fade material for this match all week .. Just having moral troubles getting on because I want the Snakes to win and will be watching the game with fellow (rabid) Snakes supporters ..

Cairns is 3-8 at the 'Swamp' all time .. It's arguably the toughest away venue in the league (go there and watch a game and you'll soon realise why) and I think the sellout crowd will be enough to ensure the Crocs get it done ..

I REEEEALLLLy like the over (207) but I think the Crocs will win this straight up regardless ..

Mr Flamboyant
10-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Does anyone know whether Anstey is playing tomorrow ?
Havn't looked into it yet......
Small play tonight :
Townsville ML (-159) over Cairns-----------0.5 of a unit
gl
dave

I think the line for this match is an indication that the big parcel will be out again .. If he plays, back up the Armaguard truck and pile on the Tigers .. It's hard enough to see this great team losing consecutive games let alone if Anstey is back ..

sports freak
10-07-2006, 10:07 AM
I think the line for this match is an indication that the big bloke will be out again .. If he plays, back up the Armaguard truck and pile on the Tigers .. It's hard enough to see this great team losing consecutive games let alone if Anstey is back ..

Yep agree on the Overs,also you would have to say Anstey will be out from what his coach said a couple of days ago,apparently he couldnt eat,n lost abit of weight therefor strength :eek: Go the Crocs showem who's BOSS!!!

bad gambler
10-07-2006, 10:18 AM
No play for me, might tee up a HT line if the price is right

Mr Flamboyant
10-07-2006, 10:24 AM
No play for me either .. Crocs is my tip but loyalty dictates that I'll be rooting for the Snakes .. !

sports freak
10-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Keep shooting the lights out,come on Crocs need em to step it up,run em ragged!!

Mr Flamboyant
10-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Agree with that play Dave .. I've been eyeing off Cairns as fade material for this match all week .. Just having moral troubles getting on because I want the Snakes to win and will be watching the game with fellow (rabid) Snakes supporters ..

Cairns is 3-8 at the 'Swamp' all time .. It's arguably the toughest away venue in the league (go there and watch a game and you'll soon realise why) and I think the sellout crowd will be enough to ensure the Crocs get it done ..

I REEEEALLLLy like the over (207) but I think the Crocs will win this straight up regardless ..
Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda been wins all round .. But loyalty meant I had to rooooot for the Snakes .. Red-neck wonderland (aka Townsville people) is what got the Cocs home ..

BTW .. Bad Gambler .. did you take a slice of Stewey ??? I told you the old lunatic loves that gym!

Mr Flamboyant
10-07-2006, 01:52 PM
I'm completely barred-up by the prospect of Melbourne as dogs against Wollongong tomorrow .. Anstey or no Anstey .. the champs aren't going to drop two on the trot without a hell of a fight .. And they're a superior team to the Hawks.. Daniel Joyce vs Dmac :haha:

good_gambler
10-07-2006, 03:49 PM

Didn't end up going. :banghead:
Watched the game {Fox Sports} in Townsville though.

Ended up going with a small play on Townsville outright.
A win is a win. :)

Was a great game though. :hatoff:

If John Rillie would get his shit together they will be dangerous this season.... Even if only at home. 12 wins at home (as well as a couple here and there)would almost guarantee a final placing.

Another thing...
Larry Abney... Clearly remember 2 dunks in which he travelled in the process.
Steve Carfino (sp.) noticed it and made me take a closer look. :lol: Could have a few problems with it in the near future.

And nothing against Vanderjagt, also someone told me he wasn't well, but I really think the Crocs are wasting there time with him. He just doesn't have the athleticism. :shrug:

good_gambler
10-07-2006, 03:53 PM
BTW .. Bad Gambler .. did you take a slice of Stewey ??? I told you the old lunatic loves that gym!

Is that his nickname?? :lol:

Spot on though.
I remember a game a couple seasons back (Crocs V Taipans) where he pretty much single handidly was carrying Cairns.
Another great match from hime tonight.
Pity he missed a few at the clutch time. (for entertainment purposes) :angel:

Mr Flamboyant
10-08-2006, 04:08 AM
Is that his nickname?? :lol:
:
No .. "Pumpkin head" (due to the size of his melon!)tends to be the one .. !

Mr Flamboyant
10-08-2006, 04:21 AM
Can only assume Chris Anstey isn't playing tonight .. (even if he does there's no way he'll be his usual self) Still reckon it's a tough one to pick ..

bad gambler
10-08-2006, 05:25 AM
Anstey practised yesterday and is expected to play tonight

dave nz
10-08-2006, 05:58 AM
One tonight :

Melbourne ML (+115) over Wollongong------------1 unit

gl

dave

sports freak
10-08-2006, 06:46 AM
Didn't end up going. :banghead:
Watched the game {Fox Sports} in Townsville though.

Ended up going with a small play on Townsville outright.
A win is a win. :)

Was a great game though. :hatoff:

If John Rillie would get his shit together they will be dangerous this season.... Even if only at home. 12 wins at home (as well as a couple here and there)would almost guarantee a final placing.

Another thing...
Larry Abney... Clearly remember 2 dunks in which he travelled in the process.
Steve Carfino (sp.) noticed it and made me take a closer look. :lol: Could have a few problems with it in the near future.

And nothing against Vanderjagt, also someone told me he wasn't well, but I really think the Crocs are wasting there time with him. He just doesn't have the athleticism. :shrug:

How CLUTCH was John Rillie at the free throw line :D Never in doubt,thank you for the overs!!seen him do it blind folded b4 and not just once,also backed it up from the 3pt line aswell blindfolded :eek:

sports freak
10-08-2006, 06:53 AM
Anstey practised yesterday and is expected to play tonight

Interesting to see how much game time he gets or if he starts on the bench!!Anstey in the line up will make the Defending champs grow another arm n a leg,not that they need it already!!The man mountain of a team must be very Intimadating infront of their opponents,especially the ones who lack more size!!

sports freak
10-08-2006, 08:07 AM
Tough game to pic this one,one of those bets that you dont know which way to look!!My only lean for now is Over 196.5pts in this matchup with Hawks shooters pretty hot in their last match also no doubt the Tigers will keep up the tempo!!!Want to pull the trigger on Anstey but just cant when your to 50/50!!!Good luck 2day guys!!

bad gambler
10-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Easiest play of the round IMO :tape:

Tigers to beat the Hawks -$2.15

good luck

dave nz
10-08-2006, 10:31 AM
One tonight :

Melbourne ML (+115) over Wollongong------------1 unit

gl

dave

Bet cancelled, no Dave Thomas.

GodOfGamblers
10-08-2006, 11:55 AM
It's damm tight between Hawk & Tiger right now..in the 3rd quarter and it's 69-67. It's like flip a coin :)

bad gambler
10-08-2006, 12:38 PM
Easiest play of the round IMO :tape:

Tigers to beat the Hawks -$2.15

good luck

Bullets my arse, Tigers are and should be quoted as the clear favourites for this season, what a classy all round team :sobbing: :crying2:

Scary to think this list has actually improved since last season :sad:

SadrieL
10-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Tigers win 108-101, close game until the final few minutes where the Tigers showed their class and pulled away.

bad gambler
10-08-2006, 12:44 PM
That box score pretty much says it all

GodOfGamblers
10-08-2006, 01:18 PM
lol... i couldn't bare to look at the score in the last quarter. Good comeback by the Tiger and for some reason they are abit slow this year. I still think they are the favour to win it again.

anyway, it's a nice odd and good to win some cash :)

dave nz
10-09-2006, 05:25 AM
Tigers should be short priced favs to win it all IMO too. If they can stay healthy and hungry would be surprised if they don't go all the way again.

good_gambler
10-09-2006, 06:16 AM
Bullets, dammit.

:shout: BULLETS

Crocs = Darkhorse. :bounce:

sports freak
10-09-2006, 08:27 AM
Bullets, dammit.

:shout: BULLETS

Crocs = Darkhorse. :bounce:

Tiger's all the way,more then an impressive performance with 2 big guns not even going off,this team could be money this season why not just ride them all the way again,Crocs are still like the Dees/Dockers in the AFL imo,there time is not yet,they need to pic up a good size centre that can do more then one trick,wouldve been nice pickin up Mark Bradke but missed out :sad: