James Blake for President [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

James Blake for President

El Legenda
10-01-2006, 09:02 PM
:lol: the final today was between the President of the Players Council (Ljubicic) and Vice President(Blake)

its only fitting after the win that Blake takes over as a president :rolls: and Ljubicic takes VP

this might be the only croat and american that get along :rolls:
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/1_3921651_1.jpg
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/U1752P6T12D2487518F44DT20061001180902.jpg
:wavey:

Fee
10-01-2006, 09:08 PM
this might be the only croat and american that get along :rolls:

Nope, when Justin had his back surgery, one of the voicemail messages he got was from Mario Ancic. He said he was genuinely touched by it. I think its easier to count those who do get along (almost all of them) then those who don't (Andy and Ivan) ;)

scarecrows
10-01-2006, 09:08 PM
this might be the only croat and american that get along

maybe coz they're both bald :shrug:

Naranoc
10-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Yes! And the second pic is just dying for a comment:

Blake: You know that means I take over the council right? *smirk*

Ljubicic: What the hell are you talking about?

:)

El Legenda
10-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Nope, when Justin had his back surgery, one of the voicemail messages he got was from Mario Ancic. He said he was genuinely touched by it. I think its easier to count those who do get along (almost all of them) then those who don't (Andy and Ivan) ;)

Ancic...what a f'en traitor;) :p

Tommy_Vercetti
10-01-2006, 09:15 PM
God, Ivan the Terrible should go with hairplugs instead of that awful cueball.

The concentration camp victim look is just getting worse I think, if possible.

El Legenda
10-01-2006, 09:15 PM
:secret: I think you mean traitor. :)

:) we will never know :)

robinhood
10-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Wuw, the Thai Open has some gigantic trophies.
It's good to see two finalists smiling and having a good laugh together after the match.

And Blake will get along with anybody.
He's just too nice.

rmb6687
10-02-2006, 01:43 AM
^hahah yeah seriously....its way way too big for that tournament

cmurray
10-02-2006, 01:50 AM
So this is COMPLETELY and TOTALLY off topic, but is James actually bald or does he just shave his head? Because he had a pretty full head of hair before he got hurt. It was HOT. Gotta love dreads.

robinhood
10-02-2006, 01:54 AM
So this is COMPLETELY and TOTALLY off topic, but is James actually bald or does he just shave his head? Because he had a pretty full head of hair before he got hurt. It was HOT. Gotta love dreads.

A receding hairline, I think.

Nando_L
10-02-2006, 02:03 AM
Roger for president!
:nerner: :nerner:

Fee
10-02-2006, 02:35 AM

Shaves his head. Said its so much easier to maintain than hair, so he's still doing it. I miss his dreads... :sad: but he's still a beautiful man to look at, even bald. :)

Clara Bow
10-02-2006, 03:25 AM
In terms of James' hair- I think he looked better playing with the dreads, but I think he looks better in street clothes, in particular in suits or nicer clothes with the bald head. The dreads counteracted his rather large bottom half- but when he is gussied up as he was for Men's Vogue he looks much better with the sleek head.

It was funny- in the Men's Vogue article he talked about the size of his rear and his funny walk.

Nice pictures of James and Luby. :)

MariaV
10-02-2006, 08:22 AM

Awwww Mario, does he call every injured player now? ;)
Anyway, that's very sweet of him. :)

alsace
10-02-2006, 12:22 PM

Didn't he have a neck injury? Dreads are EXTREMELY difficult to care for. They also weigh a lot. He could have been forced to shave them off. And perhaps he hasn't grown them back because there's an awkward starting period when they don't look so great. Or perhaps they are just too damned much work.
:)