Memphis 2004 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Memphis 2004

Leo
02-16-2004, 03:13 AM
Tommy's second comeback tournament: Memphis. It's a tough draw, having to open against huge server Alexander Popp. This will be a much different match than last week against Spadea and he won't be hitting as many balls. If he is somehow able to win this match, he could meet Vince once again, ironically. :eek: :lol: :(

Best of luck to ya, Tommy! :bounce:

Btw, why is Tommy getting wild cards for all of these tournaments? When and where can he use his protected ranking and how high would it be?

Lee
02-16-2004, 04:56 AM
Tommy's second comeback tournament: Memphis. It's a tough draw, having to open against huge server Alexander Popp. This will be a much different match than last week against Spadea and he won't be hitting as many balls. If he is somehow able to win this match, he could meet Vince once again, ironically. :eek: :lol: :(

Best of luck to ya, Tommy! :bounce:

Btw, why is Tommy getting wild cards for all of these tournaments? When and where can he use his protected ranking and how high would it be?

I guess Tommy tries to get WCs for smaller tournaments and use his protected rankings in TMS and Slams.

Leo
02-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Yeah, that makes sense.

Leo
02-17-2004, 01:11 AM
Haas lost 3-6, 3-6. :( This early struggle is expected, but I'm upset because I know he would have liked to have started a bit better than this. I wonder where he will be headed next? TMS IW or TMS Miami? If so, it'd probably be best if he use his protected ranking instead of receiving a wild card to avoid playing the #1 or #2 seed in the first round.

taremi
02-17-2004, 03:25 AM
Poor Tommy at Memphis..... :sad: But don't worry, Tommy! You can do it next!! Good luck!!! :yeah:

Lee
02-17-2004, 04:08 AM
Haas lost 3-6, 3-6. :( This early struggle is expected, but I'm upset because I know he would have liked to have started a bit better than this. I wonder where he will be headed next? TMS IW or TMS Miami? If so, it'd probably be best if he use his protected ranking instead of receiving a wild card to avoid playing the #1 or #2 seed in the first round.

Haas is not on the commitment list for Scottsdale but I really hope he will come. It's a good place to prepare for TMS IW.

He doesn't set high expectation for himself especially if he still has trouble with his serve.

Billabong
02-18-2004, 01:52 AM
Stay positive Tommy, the results will come soon:)!!!

taremi
02-18-2004, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I believe so. ;) Go Tommy!

Leo
02-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Hey guys! I just checked the Memphis doubles draw for the first time today and Haas is playing and winning! How did we miss this before? His partner is an unkown American named Glenn Weiner and they're into the semis after two solid wins. Unfortunately for them, their next opponents are the #1 team: Mike and Bob Bryan. Haas/Weiner will most likely get drubbed, but I'm happy to see Haas back in the winning column and getting used to match play once again. This is good experience for him. :banana:

taremi
02-21-2004, 04:57 PM
The match has started!
Auf geht's Tommy and Glenn!! :bounce:

Yup, Leo, this is good experience for him! ;)

Leo
02-22-2004, 04:15 PM
They lost but not before taking a set from the best doubles team in the world! 6-3, 3-6, 6-2 for the Bryans. Well done, Tommy and Glenn! :banana: