Ljubicic def Ginepri 4-6 6-3 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Ljubicic def Ginepri 4-6 6-3 6-4

Headbump
09-29-2006, 05:47 PM
:bounce:

croat123
09-29-2006, 05:48 PM
very solid after that shakey start. ginepri didn't have a chance in the last two sets, too good.
hope his arm is ok

Billabong
09-29-2006, 05:48 PM
Keep it up Ivan:D

Jadranka
09-29-2006, 05:49 PM
very solid after that shakey start. ginepri didn't have a chance in the last two sets, too good.
hope his arm is ok

yes, he have (had) problems with his arm .. but ok ... WELL DONE

RickDaStick
09-29-2006, 05:50 PM
Very nice SF matchups

Action Jackson
09-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Never in doubt.

GlennMirnyi
09-29-2006, 05:55 PM
Ljubicic must win this title to regain his form and trample the moonballers on carpet.

Blue Heart24
09-29-2006, 05:59 PM
hope his arm is ok

He will be OK :) .His arm didn't hurt him THAT much...He won 2 sets easily after the doctor came!Well done Ivan!!!!!!:worship:

El Legenda
09-29-2006, 06:30 PM
this is a career low for it...losing a set to the bagel boy :o

TFan1156
09-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Nice win for Ivan, congrats.

Horatio Caine
09-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Great fightback Ivan!

I guess he has a more difficult SF - Henman didn't want to play him! :haha: :haha: :haha:

Ome
09-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Just want to post some info about the match...

It supposed to be a good match to watch but well some 'jerk' ruined it!!

I was at the match and there was one "loser" who kept yelling for Robby. And at some point, he yelled when the whole stadium was quiet

"C'mon Robby, you can't lose to this jerk!" :tape:

And he kept on doing such things for most of the match! Finally, the umpire decided to say sth besides "Thank you" !! The guy was told, "Plz keep your voice down. You are disturbing everyone here"

The crowds were like :clap2: :clap2:

Ivan and Robby were pretty much disturbed by this guy. Ivan actually stared at him :armed:

The quality of this match could be much higher!

Horatio Caine
09-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Ivan and Robby were pretty much disturbed by this guy. Ivan actually stared at him :armed:

Ivan can kill you with his glare :scared:

ljubicic_
09-29-2006, 07:36 PM

I was at the match and there was one "loser" who kept yelling for Robby. And at some point, he yelled when the whole stadium was quiet

"C'mon Robby, you can't lost to this jerk!" :tape:

And he kept on doing such things for most of the match! Finally, the umpire decided to say sth besides "Thank you" !! The guy was told, "Plz keep your voice down. You are disturbing everyone here"

:eek: poor Ivan that he had to listen to that crap! Did you saw that yerk that was yeling the whole time?

MariaV
09-29-2006, 07:37 PM

Thanks for explaining. I saw it on TV and I thought Ivan was still whining about the line calls after this unfortunate service game he lost at the end of the 1st set. Couldn't they kinda somehow send this guy out? :o I heard some of his shouting too but none of what Ivan and Karlberg or Ullrich discussed.

And Robby clearly has psychological issues. :(

alfonsojose
09-29-2006, 07:42 PM
Robby :sad:

El Legenda
09-29-2006, 07:44 PM
:eek: poor Ivan that he had to listen to that crap! Did you saw that yerk that was yeling the whole time?

i heard it was roddick :lol:

Ome
09-29-2006, 07:50 PM

The whole stadium saw him (could be American but surely wasn't Roddick :lol: ) as well as the security who did nothing but wacthing the game outside! :o

They should just sent the guy off cos he actually kept yelling after the warning from a chair umpire! One fan near my box actually shouted back... *SHUT UP!* :yeah:

He should be fined or sth :p

ljubicic_
09-29-2006, 07:54 PM
The whole stadium saw him (could be American but surely wasn't Roddick :lol: ) as well as the security who did nothing but wacthing the game outside! :o

They should just sent the guy off cos he actually kept yelling after the warning from a chair umpire! One fan near my box actually shouted back... *SHUT UP!* :yeah:

He should be fined or sth :p

:lol: i'm wondering what he would say if he met Ljubo eye to eye

El Legenda
09-29-2006, 07:56 PM
:lol: i'm wondering what he would say if he met Ljubo eye to eye

eye to eye..more like face to chest :lol:

Nando_L
09-29-2006, 08:22 PM
Ljubo :yeah:

RaVeR
09-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Ljubo :)
but still bad form :sad:

Fergie
09-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Well done Ivan! :yeah:

Robby! :hug:

Blue Heart24
09-29-2006, 09:36 PM

:retard: bad form?did you see the way he won second and third set?:rolleyes:

Blue Heart24
09-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Ivan played a great match(ex.the first set,when his arm was troubling him)

croat123
09-29-2006, 10:06 PM
he played quite well after a bad start when he was in pain
ginepri couldn't do anything on ivan's serve in the last two sets and ivan was constantly pressuring him on his serve

tennisgal_001
09-29-2006, 10:16 PM

Ivan should've clocked him.:devil:

ReservoirCat
09-29-2006, 11:08 PM
I watched the match on tv and to me, the heart just went out of Ginepri's game after he was broken in that final set. It was as if he'd resigned himself to the fact that his own game was on the wane, that he was never going to get near any of Ljubovic's service games and thus, apart from the odd few points at the fag-end of the match, simply appeared to just give in. Not a conclusion I think he'll look back on with any great pride. JMO...

Golfnduck
09-29-2006, 11:54 PM
Robby :fiery: I was hoping he would beat ITT.

Byrd
09-30-2006, 12:15 AM
Ljubo wins the title, if Safin doesn't make the final. Don't count Blake because he chokes too much (yes Safin chokes, but hardly in finals).

GermanBoy
09-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Robby :sad:

Good & solid tournament though...