Welcome to the JMDP Forum and Introduce Yourselves Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Welcome to the JMDP Forum and Introduce Yourselves Thread

*Ljubica*
09-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Well - after much nagging - the lovely Steve has finally got us a separate Forum for Juan Martin. So thanks a lot Steve - and hope all fans of JMDP will have a great time here :wavey:

Hendu
09-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Well - after much nagging - the lovely Steve has finally got us a separate Forum for Juan Martin. So thanks a lot Steve - and hope all fans of JMDP will have a great time here :wavey:

South America's biggest tennis hope definitely deserved this place!!!

:bigclap:

Choupi
09-28-2006, 03:54 PM
:woohoo: Here it is, finally. Thanks Steve and Bad Gambler for giving us that separate forum for JMDP. :p

FerrersLinda
09-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Congrats on the JMDP forum!

Carlita
09-28-2006, 04:22 PM
:wavey: Congrats on your forum!! :yeah:

anna10
09-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Congratulations on the forum!

justClaudia
09-28-2006, 06:58 PM
South America's biggest tennis hope definitely deserved this place!!!

:bigclap:

:yeah:

Congrats on the forum. :D

09-29-2006, 03:34 AM
Yes I'm glad we finally got the Forum and at last actually got to see it :lol: I thought that upgrade was never going to come!

Fergie
09-29-2006, 03:36 AM
Congrats on Juan forum! :yeah:

lau
09-29-2006, 10:23 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/lalaurita/smiles/2125.gifhttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/lalaurita/smiles/2125.gif.
Really nice to have a JMDP forum!! :yeah:

Eugenia
09-29-2006, 10:25 PM
Great!!! :banana: Finally we have a JMDP forum!!! :woohoo:

ufokart
10-06-2006, 03:08 AM
:bigclap: :bigclap: :dance: :dance: :yippee: :yippee: :banana: :banana:

At last Del Potro has his own forum :yeah: I'm very happy :)

*Ljubica*
10-08-2006, 11:07 AM
Over on JMDP's official site http://www.jmdelpotro.8m.com the poster Kinetix worked very hard to put all these figures together and I thought it would be nice to copy them here at the start of our Forum. I hope there is no problem with this Kinetix - I tried to PM you on the JMDP Site to ask you officially, but there was some kind of a problem and the PM wouldn't go through :sad: Anyway, it is a complete list of Juan's statitistics on all his professional matches including all Futures, Challengers and ATP matches (not including quallies) up until 6th October 2006

Matches Played: 134
Matches Won: 84
Matches Lost: 50

On Clay: 61-39
On Hard: 23-11

Note: To this point Juan has not played a professional match on grass or carpet.

Futures
On Clay: 32-16
On Hard: 7-5
Total: 39-21

Challengers
On Clay: 24-16
On Hard: 13-3
Total: 37-19

ATP
On Clay: 5-7
On Hard: 3-3
Total: 8-10

By Year:
2003 (0-3)

Futures
On Clay: 0-3
On Hard: 0-0
Total: 0-3

2004 (6-9)
Futures
On Clay: 6-8
On Hard: 0-1
Total: 6-9

2005 (56-20)
Futures
On Clay: 26-5
On Hard: 7-4
Total: 33-9

Challengers
On Clay: 15-8
On Hard: 8-3
Total: 23-11

2006 (22-18 )
Challengers
On Clay: 9-8
On Hard: 5-0
Total: 14-8

ATP
On Clay: 5-7
On Hard: 3-3
Total: 8-10

Titles: 6 (3 Futures, 3 Challengers).
Finals: 2 (1 Future, 1 Challenger).

By surface.
Clay
Titles: 5 (3 Futures, 2 Challengers).

Hard
Titles: 1 (1 Challenger).
Finals: 2 (1 Future, 1 Challenger

Thanks for all the hard work Kinetix - I thought it would be a useful addition to have here :)

jayjay
10-16-2006, 01:52 AM
Hi everyone,

My 1st time into the new JMDP forum, very fitting he has soon after made his first Masters series event. It's nice to follow a player from the early stages and see them really become something (hopefully) special, and remind everyone that you told many people this long before it happened ;) .

Good luck with the people running the forum and will hopefully see you all many times over the coming years following the success of Del Potro. :wavey:

Kinetix
10-23-2006, 03:51 AM
No problem Rosie :)

Hendu
10-23-2006, 04:03 AM

Nice work. Congrats.

Primal
10-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Congrats! :hug:

marcosz1985
10-24-2006, 11:30 PM
Congrats for Juan Martin forum...
It's really nice that he has his own forum now that he is a high rising star... I follow him since he is 11, and is great to see the way he is palying... i ha to say that he is very nice person too...
good bye

Nev
10-26-2006, 10:21 PM

Now you will have to update, 2-0 carpet:p:worship:(I hope 3-0)

Hendu
10-26-2006, 11:04 PM
I hope all of you will keep visiting this message board to talk about the young phenom from Tandil!

;)

Hendu
10-29-2006, 02:21 AM
Its already been a month since the creation of Juan Martín's Message Board in MTF!

:aparty: :aparty:

And I like it a lot.

ufokart
10-29-2006, 02:39 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo:

It's a nice board :).
We are just a few people right now, but when Juan reaches the top 10, the bandwagon jumpers will be all over this place :lol: :yeah:

Hendu
10-29-2006, 02:45 AM

We are just a few people right now, but when Juan reaches the top 10, the bandwagon jumpers will be all over this place :lol: :yeah:

And the trolls too... :unsure:

I have seen some new people posting here lately. Even some that just became MTF users in the last couple of weeks.

ufokart
10-29-2006, 02:58 AM
And the trolls too...

I'm mstill waiting for someone to say that he is an "Argie Cheater doper" :scared:.
I hope it doesn't happen

I have seen some new people posting here lately. Even some that just became MTF users in the last couple of weeks.

All the hype might be on Berdych, Murray, Djokovic and Gasquet (i love them all except Murray), but Juan is silently becoming popular.
Hope 2007 is his breakthrough year :).

Hendu
10-29-2006, 03:05 AM
I'm mstill waiting for someone to say that he is an "Argie Cheater doper" :scared:.
I hope it doesn't happen.

It will, as soon as he gets better results. But to tell you the truth, I don't care about that in GM anymore.

The one thing I care, is that this message board stays relatively clean of that kind of stuff, so we can discuss quietly about Del Potro.

ufokart
10-29-2006, 03:23 AM
It will, as soon as he gets better results. But to tell you the truth, I don't care about that in GM.

General messages is just about as hateful and stupid as it can be, there is hardly any tennis discussion there.
I go there just to have a good laugh with all the things they say :lol:

The one thing I care, is that this message board stays relatively clean of that kind of stuff, so we can discuss quietly about Del Potro.

Amen.

*Ljubica*
10-29-2006, 09:59 AM
Totally agree with you both about GM - and I also hope this Board can stay quiet, peaceful and troll-free. Btw Ufokart - you forget the "scum" part :angel: "Argie Cheater Dopers" are always SCUM according to GM :devil:

ufokart
10-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Totally agree with you both about GM

The most popular threads in GM are: "Federer VS Nadal", "Federer VS Sampras", "X Player sucks", "X player doesn't deserve to be there (in the top 10, in davis cup, in the TMC, etc)", "Players shutting up the crowd", etc :lol: :lol:

Btw Ufokart - you forget the "scum" part "Argie Cheater Dopers" are always SCUM according to GM

That's right, i forgot :o :lol:

cobalt60
11-06-2006, 04:58 PM

Ok call me a bandwagoner :o but thanks to you guys I started taking notice around the USOpen. And then the fall indoor circuit when he was actually on my tv a bit. I rarely post in player forums but I will be watching his performance and definitely reading your posts. So thanks :)

Hendu
11-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Ok call me a bandwagoner :o but thanks to you guys I started taking notice around the USOpen. And then the fall indoor circuit when he was actually on my tv a bit. I rarely post in player forums but I will be watching his performance and definitely reading your posts. So thanks :)

He hasn't won an ATP Tournament yet, has been a top 100 for only a month and he just turned 18 years old. I think you are here early enough not to be called a bandwagoner. :lol:

Its good to have "new people" in JMDP's Message Board.

You are welcome.

:wavey:

*Ljubica*
11-06-2006, 05:17 PM

Hi Sue :wavey: And it's OK - we allow friends to be "bandwagoners" :p

Choupi
11-06-2006, 05:35 PM
Welcome along Sue. Or should I say, welcome aboard? ;) You know what they say.............the more, the merrier!! :p

cobalt60
11-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Gracias,Merci and Thanks for the welcome:)

Washa Koroleva
12-05-2006, 12:52 PM
I've only realized now that there's one existing :scratch:

*Ljubica*
12-05-2006, 04:07 PM
I've only realized now that there's one existing :scratch:

Olga :wavey: Nice to see you here :hug:

misst89
02-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Let me properly introduce myself. I'm Theresa and I'm from England. :wavey: I always heard the name "Del Potro" but never watched him until the last year or so. I remember he was supposed to play Nadal and had to pull out and everyone was quite disappointed and then when he played Novak at French Open, I thought wow he is actually really talented! I actually found myself rooting for him in that match, and after that I watched a bunch of Delpo's matches. I just adore his forehand. It is so different.

cobalt60
02-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Welcome! Forgot about this thread. And the names have changed significantly since this thread was made :p

misst89
02-19-2012, 05:14 PM
I edited the post to add a little more info. And yes I guess some of the people won't be here anymore. :lol:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Hmm I guess I should introduce myself here too for those who still don't know me. I'm Jay, I'm a California gurl, and I'm a bigtime fangirl of Delpo since I saw him defeat Federer in the USO '09. I thought he had no chance there as I didn't know anything about him and Federer was on top of the world at that time, but I was so impressed by the young kid! I kind of drifted away from tennis in 2010 after Juan's injury and the retirement of my fave women's player in '09 (Amelie Mauresmo) but I'm back now and I've been eagerly following Juan's return since last year.

Oh yeah, I'm really positive and optimistic when it comes to the Tandil Tower so I never expect Delpo to lose, no matter who the opponent is ;^)

Naudio Spanlatine
02-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Im Dee, formerly known as "NadalMyHero". Im also a Cali girl(California represent:rocker2: ). Im a huge Rafa fan of course and i love both men and women's tennis. My other faves are in the mens side is Delpo, most spainards, Tsonga, Monfils, Gasquet, Benneteau(Benny), Dimitrov, Nalby, Monaco, Coria, Lapenti, Guga, Harrison, Raonic, Bellucci, Youzhny, Chela, McEnroe, Isner, Kohli, Agassi, Rafter, Safin and a bunch of others. My major is Fashion Design, other interest are Interior and Architect. Thats it for now.

:angel:

misst89
02-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Hello Jay and Dee :wavey: My other main love is Novak Djokovic so it really surprised me that when they do play I found myself rooting for Delpo.

Naudio Spanlatine
02-19-2012, 05:45 PM
omg i forgot i love nole too, how did i forget him of all people :banghead: :facepalm:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Oh ya I love Djoker and Nadal too...I especially love it when they beat Federer lol. I dunno, domination in tennis just bores me. I like tuning into a match or the beginning of a tourney and not knowing who's going to win before it's all over.

misst89
02-19-2012, 06:57 PM
I really want Delpo to play Novak again. :p I'm with you. Its refreshing to see how competitive men's tennis is right now so anyone could step up right now.

Naudio Spanlatine
02-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Vamos Rafa and Nole:rocker2: :rocker2:

and of course sweet hot sexy Delpo:angel: :devil:

Naudio Spanlatine
02-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Hello Jay and Dee :wavey: My other main love is Novak Djokovic so it really surprised me that when they do play I found myself rooting for Delpo.

Hey whats your name?:D :wavey:

misst89
02-19-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm Theresa, I posted it before :lol: :wavey: I loved the gif in your sig btw. So happy for Vika!

david_williams
02-20-2012, 03:05 AM
Hi guys I'm Donell, registered a few years back here but never really got into it until recently. I'm from China and I'm working in Quito, Ecuador for now. My faves are in my sig, and started to like Delpo since last year IW, quite a late-starter I know. But I'm seriously crazy about him rite now (especially when my old-time fave Blake is just melting into the crowd lol), and I've never met him in person, so hopefully this year's Shanghai Masters he could show up and I could have my vacation by then. :lol:

Naudio Spanlatine
02-20-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm Theresa, I posted it before :lol: :wavey: I loved the gif in your sig btw. So happy for Vika!
Nice to meet you Theresa:angel:, and thanks i love that moment:hearts: she was fantastic in that tournament, never dropped a set:worship:.
Hi guys I'm Donell, registered a few years back here but never really got into it until recently. I'm from China and I'm working in Quito, Ecuador for now. My faves are in my sig, and started to like Delpo since last year IW, quite a late-starter I know. But I'm seriously crazy about him rite now (especially when my old-time fave Blake is just melting into the crowd lol), and I've never met him in person, so hopefully this year's Shanghai Masters he could show up and I could have my vacation by then. :lol:

Nice to meet you Donell:hug: :hug: its ok as long as you believe in him and love him to death thats all it matters:angel:

misst89
02-20-2012, 04:05 PM

Hi Donnell nice to meet you. To me it doesn't matter when you become a fan of someone, as long as you are passionate about them :cool:

Juan Ma Del Pony
02-20-2012, 04:49 PM
Hi Donnell, completely agree with my girls above, I mean I basically only noticed Juan Martin during his USO '09 victory, but I never stopped believing in him even through the horrible injury year of 2010. Just love him and respect him and support him always, win or lose. And always stay positive, cuz that's the beauty of sports -- the "unpredictability"!

david_williams
02-21-2012, 04:48 AM
Thanks guys rly appreciate what u guys said :)

david_is_not_fat
03-22-2012, 04:42 AM
You are here since 2006!! That's nice :hug:

The Juan's web in one of the first posts is now a forum... so i see time passed a little :P

cobalt60
03-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Welcome ^^. What would you like to be called? David is not fat is way too long to type;)

david_is_not_fat
03-25-2012, 01:34 AM
Welcome ^^. What would you like to be called? David is not fat is way too long to type;)
Thank u :):):D

You' right :lol: In an argentinian's forum they call me sometimes d_n_e_g (david_no_esta_gordo)
but you can call me Noelia if you want, it's my name :)

misst89
03-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Hi Noelia :) Is your username referring to Nalby? :lol:

Naudio Spanlatine
03-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Yes Theresa:haha:

I thought you were a guy:eek: :o

Nice to meet you Noelia:hug: Im Dee:wavey:

david_is_not_fat
03-26-2012, 02:27 AM
Hi Noelia :) Is your username referring to Nalby? :lol:
Yes Theresa:haha:

It is!! :D:D:D

I thought you were a guy:eek: :o
Nice to meet you Noelia:hug: Im Dee:wavey:

Thanks Dee :wavey:

Ben_Delpo
03-28-2012, 01:55 PM
:worship: fell love with Juan Martin since Rogers cup 2009

I wish i can bring some good luck for him right here :)

david_is_not_fat
03-28-2012, 02:51 PM
:worship: fell love with Juan Martin since Rogers cup 2009

I wish i can bring some good luck for him right here :)

Welcome :wavey:

david_williams
03-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Hola Noelia, encantado:wavey:

david_is_not_fat
03-29-2012, 02:17 AM
Hola Noelia, encantado:wavey:

Hoooola! :wavey:

CelesteBlanca
03-30-2012, 05:42 AM
Long time not be here, just because of my poor English......
A lot changes and nice to see Sue still here:hug:

Ben_Delpo
04-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Long time not be here, just because of my poor English......
A lot changes and nice to see Sue still here:hug:

:rolls::rolls::rolls: So you are Songshu_Sister ~~~

Ben_Delpo
04-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Welcome :wavey:

;) Hey Boy~

Naudio Spanlatine
04-21-2012, 06:50 PM
You must be Ben, whose a supa dupa fan of Delpo, nice to meet you:hug:

Ben_Delpo
04-22-2012, 02:58 AM
You must be Ben, whose a supa dupa fan of Delpo, nice to meet you:hug:

I`m new here but not a new fan of Delpo;)

nice 2 meet U:wavey:

CelesteBlanca
04-23-2012, 05:45 AM
:rolls::rolls::rolls: So you are Songshu_Sister ~~~

boy you're right, haha

audiesgirl
10-18-2012, 12:25 AM
I became a Delpo fan only this year and got to see him practice at Cincinnati in August. He has such potential, but can be maddeningly inconsistent. His recent interview with VISA was full of insights, he's grown a lot recently while nursing his injuries. I hope to see the fire in the belly again soon. Today's match in Vienna was downright painful to watch. I enjoy all the postings and photos.

Miss33
10-18-2012, 08:21 PM
My name is Nina. I´m new here and a great fan of Delpo and also from Pico Monaco as u can see from my signature. I´m fan of Delpo, since he won against Nadal in New York 2009.

ProdigyEng
12-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Hi there. Delpo fan as well as Murray and Nole. I hope 2013 brings more slams for Delpo :).

Mark Lenders
12-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Hi there. Delpo fan as well as Murray and Nole. I hope 2013 brings more slams for Nole :).

You mean Delpo right :D?

Welcome :)

ProdigyEng
12-04-2012, 02:44 PM
You mean Delpo right :D?

Welcome :)

Sorry yes, my bad. I like Nole too and I got a little confused. Yes I hope Delpo wins a slam in 2013. It's been a long wait since his US Open victory.

Mark Lenders
12-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Sorry yes, my bad. I like Nole too and I got a little confused. Yes I hope Delpo wins a slam in 2013. It's been a long wait since his US Open victory.

No worries, honest mistake. And I like Nole too :)

We all hope JMDP can win another Slam, but for now I'm just happy he's playing so well against after his wrist surgery, it's amazing. I hope he can continue making progress in 2013 and maybe challenge for a Slam :yeah:

ProdigyEng
12-04-2012, 02:51 PM
No worries, honest mistake. And I like Nole too :)

We all hope JMDP can win another Slam, but for now I'm just happy he's playing so well against after his wrist surgery, it's amazing. I hope he can continue making progress in 2013 and maybe challenge for a Slam :yeah:

Yes I agree. He's slowly but surely getting his power back in his wrist and I enjoyed seeing him make a fool out of fed in both Basel and WTF this year. Hopefully he makes large strides next year and plays some sublime tennis like we know he can.

Naudio Spanlatine
12-09-2012, 03:29 AM
Hi there. Delpo fan as well as Murray and Nole. I hope 2013 brings more slams for Nole :).

Welcome to the forum :)

End da Game
12-17-2012, 11:47 PM
holy fuck, only just discovered this wonderful place, SWEET!

lucyfur
12-18-2012, 04:59 PM
:wavey: Welcome to the forum new people, this place will be active when the new season starts. The off season sucks, it's too long! :mad:

Mark Lenders
12-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Yeah, we should try to make this place more active. I have a feeling 2013 can be a great year for us JMDP fans, with Juan healthy and competing for the big titles :yeah:

ProdigyEng
12-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Agreed Lenders!

challenger
12-28-2012, 12:16 AM
:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

misst89
12-28-2012, 06:26 PM
Number 4 is our target! here we go!

Ace20
03-07-2013, 01:59 AM
Hi New too the Forum I been a Fan of Delpo 2008 when He beat one my other Faves Roddick lol anyway Back on Topic I hope This Year bring much Success for Delpo & his Fans & I like too see him Breakthrough & win another Major soon

lucyfur
03-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Welcome to the forum, Ace. :wavey: