Tim Henman d. Alex Bogdanovic 6-3 5-7 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tim Henman d. Alex Bogdanovic 6-3 5-7 6-1

Agassi Aces
09-28-2006, 08:42 AM
It was harder than I thought it would be for Tim!!! Well done Alex for giving it his best. He is showing excellent credentials to make the Top 100 and return to the Davis Cup team for next year!!!!!

Henman battles to Bogdanovic win

Henman is ranked 59 in the world
Tim Henman beat British opposition for the second match in a row, seeing off Alex Bogdanovic 6-3 5-7 6-1 in the second round of the Thailand Open.
Henman, who beat British number one Andy Murray in the first round, looked on course for a comfortable win in Bangkok after taking the first set 6-3.

But left-hander Bogdanovic, 10 years younger than his opponent at 22, fought back strongly to take the second set.

His resistance finally crumbled in the third, allowing Henman to advance.

In the quarter-finals, the British number two will play either Thai hero Paradorn Srichaphan, who is the eighth seed, or Russian wildcard Mikhail Ledovskikh.

Henman enjoyed a straightforward 6-4 6-2 win over Murray on Wednesday and began well again, taking the first set in 35 minutes.

But any hopes Henman had of a routine win were quickly dispelled by Bogdanovic in the second set.

The Belgrade-born Briton threatened Henman's opening serve in the second set and finally broke to establish a 4-2 lead.

Henman broke back two games later only to concede his serve again at 5-5.

Bogdanovic had to save three break points in the next game but finally held to force a deciding set.

Both men faced break points in their opening service games in the third set before Bogdanovic, who is ranked 148 in the world, finally cracked.

He made a couple of unforced errors when serving at 1-2 and Henman took full advantage to break.

Bogdanovic's resistance began to crumble as a relieved Henman raced through the final set to reach the last eight.

NeverSayDie
09-28-2006, 04:14 PM
:woohoo: Go Henman!!! Srichaphan or Ledovskikh up next

Horatio Caine
09-28-2006, 04:39 PM
Not the best performance judging by the stats...but Tim might have been a little nervous I guess. Great fight by Bogo...he didn't lie down quite as easily as I thought he would. :yeah:

Bogo should cement his place in the top 150 I hope...that is where he belongs.

Horatio Caine
09-28-2006, 04:40 PM
P'dorn is going to be dangerous for Tim...but this is another match that the Brit simply HAS to win if he is to make a fist of getting back to the top 30.

The best thing going for Tim in this encounter is that he knows P'dorn's game well. Come on Tim!

Byrd
09-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Anyone else Tim would take the majority against Paradorn, but it's in Thailand
:eek:

MurrayFan1
09-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Anyone else Tim would take the majority against Paradorn, but it's in Thailand
:eek:

Haha yes that's got to be a factor to.

ae wowww
09-28-2006, 08:19 PM
:D GB vs GB and GB vs GB. We win!

musefanatic
09-28-2006, 08:25 PM
Woo there's STILL life in the old dog yet!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: Go Timmy, this calls for a celebration in the tim henman forum if no one else has started it there yet :lol:

MurrayFan1
09-28-2006, 08:29 PM
Haha just seen it.

Corey Feldman
09-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Good that another round is cleared... now can he beat P'dorn who he holds a 6-1 record against.

scarecrows
09-28-2006, 10:29 PM
the best thing is that henman has very few points to defend till the end of the year so it wouldnt be a big surprise if he ends in the top 30 with a good series of wins

Corey Feldman
09-28-2006, 10:39 PM
the best thing is that henman has very few points to defend till the end of the year so it wouldnt be a big surprise if he ends in the top 30 with a good series of wins
but is he in the two TMS events - where the big points really are? i doubt it with his ranking :(

hopefully he can find a way in.

scarecrows
09-28-2006, 10:49 PM
but is he in the two TMS events - where the big points really are? i doubt it with his ranking :(

hopefully he can find a way in.

yeah, but he can qualify I think

Corey Feldman
09-28-2006, 10:52 PM
he wont, he thinks he is above qualie events

timothy :rolleyes:

NYCtennisfan
09-29-2006, 12:02 AM
Losing to Bogdanovic would have been embarassing. Hope he continues to win here.

Horatio Caine
09-29-2006, 12:11 AM
he wont, he thinks he is above qualie events

timothy :rolleyes:

Yep...not entered for either qualifying event :rolleyes:

So Tokyo and Basel are his final events of 2006.

I think if he finishes top 50 that will be good. Apart from Zagreb...he has less than 75pts to defend in any given week next year I think...apart from Queen's :shrug:

Corey Feldman
09-29-2006, 12:38 AM
pathetic aint it?
you'd think he would even try and get in a tourney in that vienna/stockholm/moscow week...
you wait next year, he'll moan about "how his ranking and not playing enough does not sit well with him"
:lol:

Horatio Caine
09-29-2006, 12:52 AM
you wait next year, he'll moan about "how his ranking and not playing enough does not sit well with him"
:lol:

:haha: :haha: Not sure who sounds more like an old man...Henman or you ;)

TFan1156
09-29-2006, 05:27 AM
Paradon wins this one I do believe...

LaTenista
09-29-2006, 05:36 AM
Paradorn's only win against Tim was at Madrid - another indoor hard tournament. :tape:

TFan1156
09-29-2006, 05:51 AM
Paradorn's only win against Tim was at Madrid - another indoor hard tournament. :tape:

They haven`t played since 2004! And Tim isn`t the same player now. He just struggled with Bogo, indoor hard in Thailand, this has Paradorn written all over it...