Is federer the best player ever? Is Nadal the best clay court player ever? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is federer the best player ever? Is Nadal the best clay court player ever?

Rafa = Fed Killa
09-27-2006, 09:10 PM
I would like to know MTF's opinion.

This question is saying is the current era of tennis as strong as previous eras of tennis?

Action Jackson
09-27-2006, 09:12 PM
No to both.

Johnny Groove
09-27-2006, 09:13 PM
RFK gives Rafatards a bad name. Not that we needed it any more :o

oz_boz
09-27-2006, 09:14 PM
No and no. Federer has to win a couple of more slams, and Nadal a couple more RG.

Rafa = Fed Killa
09-27-2006, 09:15 PM
RFK gives Rafatards a bad name. Not that we needed it any more

Good God!

How is this an insult to Federer?

You are the stupidest Rafa fan here. Go cheer for Mirnyi.

oz_boz
09-27-2006, 09:18 PM
RFK gives Rafatards a bad name. Not that we needed it any more

Good God!

:haha:

Sjengster
09-27-2006, 09:18 PM
As a wise poster said on here years ago regarding the prospects of the New Balls, I'd rather be a historian than a prophet.

Johnny Groove
09-27-2006, 09:21 PM
Good God!

You are calling ME the stupidest Rafa fan? go look in a mirror before throwing accusations like that around. Im not talking about this particular post, im talking about your total demeanor and attitude in your posts.

Castafiore
09-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Oh come on, R=FK!

Give it a rest please.

GlennMirnyi
09-27-2006, 09:22 PM
RFK gives Rafatards a bad name. Not that we needed it any more :o

That's right.

In fact the thread should be:
"Is RFK the biggest arseclown ever?" :p

scarecrows
09-27-2006, 09:24 PM
best thread ever :o

Rafa = Fed Killa
09-27-2006, 09:27 PM
People laughed when they were told the Earth was round and not flat.

Keep laughing fools.

Merton
09-27-2006, 09:30 PM
This looks like a relevant story about Solon the Athenian, one of the sages of ancient Greece:

King Croesus of Sardis, who was at this time the richest man in the world, invited Solon to come and visit him at his palace. Solon arrived, and upon entering the palace he saw a man magnificently dressed and accompanied by a retinue of slaves and soldiers, so he assumed that this man must be Croesus. But he turned out to be only a minor official in Croesus' court. As Solon proceeded through the palace, he saw several other officials just as grand. Finally Solon was admitted to the king's chamber for the interview, and there was Croesus dressed in his most splendid clothes and jewelry.

Solon was not dazzled by this display of barbaric magnificence, which had awed so many others. So King Croesus commanded that his treasure houses be opened so that Solon could see how many beautiful clothes he had, and how much gold. Solon politely looked at everything, then came back to the king. "Well, Solon," said Croesus, "have you ever seen a man who was more fortunate than Croesus?"

Solon replied: "Yes, I have, and that was Tellus, a citizen of Athens. He was an honest man who left his children well provided for and with good will in the city. He lived to see grandchildren by his sons. Then he died gloriously, fighting for his country."

This frank answer enraged Croesus, but Solon pacified him by adding: "Oh mighty king of the Lydians, the gods have given us Greeks only small things, and our wisdom is only of small things and not the business of men as important as you. We consider how a man's life is so much subject to chance, and how disaster can come to us completely by surprise, so we don't consider any man to be successful until he has died well, with his good fortune intact to the end. Otherwise, if we should say that a living man is a success, when there is so much that can still happen to him, we would be like soldiers celebrating victory before the battle is over." After that speech, Solon made his exit and saved his life.

http://www.e-classics.com/solon.htm

GlennMirnyi
09-27-2006, 09:30 PM

Keep laughing fools.

In fact people did hardly laughed. They only said things like "that's a sin you heretic".

oz_boz
09-27-2006, 09:36 PM
OK, RFK, I'll give you the answer you want:

Federer is the best ever by a mile, he would kill Sampras+Agassi+Borg combined. Nadal will never be the best claycourter even if he wins 100 RG and goes undefeated on clay the rest of his career.

There. Now please shut up.

atheneglaukopis
09-27-2006, 09:54 PM

Federer is the best ever by a mile, he would kill Sampras+Agassi+Borg combined. Nadal will never be the best claycourter even if he wins 100 RG and goes undefeated on clay the rest of his career.

There. Now please shut up.:worship: He has the potential to add Laver to that mix, but if he ever had to play Laver, he would start crying too hard to see.

mangoes
09-28-2006, 02:51 AM

There. Now please shut up.

:haha: :haha:

Rafa=FedKilla are you bored?? Everytime I click refresh, there's something new from you to stir up drama:lol:

Anyway, NO and NO to your questions. On the plus side, for me, the Federer question will be answered in 3 more years ;) By then, we will be able to mark Roger's potential place in the tennis history books.

Macbrother
09-28-2006, 03:01 AM
No, but if both can keep up their paces, I think the answer will be a definite yes. There's been many a player that had an explosive 2-3 years then plateaued off for whatever reason... only time will tell.

sagetgurl
09-28-2006, 03:40 AM
Federer is well on his way to becoming the best player ever :worship:

Mimi
09-28-2006, 03:40 AM
are you trying to gain points for winning next year's arse clown competition ;)? :p

atheneglaukopis
09-28-2006, 03:45 AM
Laver def. :sobbing:, 6-0 6-0.

Roger, post-match: "I would like to thank Rod Laver... for... BEATDOWN! :bigcry: :sobbing: :bigcry:":lol: You know he would.

BlueSwan
09-28-2006, 04:02 AM
Based purely on results: no on both accounts.

Based on level of play and expected future results: yes on both accounts.

As in all sports, the bar is constantly raised - it's just the way it is. People can talk racquet techniques all they want, but take an aspect like level of fitness, speed and court coverage. Honestly, both Nadal and Federer make physical giants of the past like Lendl or Muster look like grandpas on court.

Rafa = Fed Killa
09-28-2006, 04:38 AM
Based on level of play and expected future results: yes on both accounts.

As in all sports, the bar is constantly raised - it's just the way it is. People can talk racquet techniques all they want, but take an aspect like level of fitness, speed and court coverage. Honestly, both Nadal and Federer make physical giants of the past like Lendl or Muster look like grandpas on court.

:worship:

General Suburbia
09-28-2006, 04:45 AM

Keep laughing fools.
Most people knew the world was round as soon as they began living near the seas and oceans. Columbus didn't discover the world was round, that knowledge was widespread thousands of years before him.

But to give you a counterpoint, there are still people today that laugh when they hear that man landed on the moon.

TennisGrandSlam
09-28-2006, 05:28 AM
Is Federer = Sampras (or Graf), Nadal = Muster (or Seles)?

DrJules
09-28-2006, 06:29 AM
Is Rafa = Fed Killa the biggest Arse Clown on MTF? Is probably an easier question.

Rafa = Fed Killa
09-28-2006, 06:43 AM
Is Rafa = Fed Killa the biggest Arse Clown on MTF? Is probably an easier question.

No I am not even in the top 8 (lost in the 4th round) ;)

atheneglaukopis
09-28-2006, 06:47 AM
No I am not even in the top 8 (lost in the 4th round) ;)Uncle Toni rigged the draw. ;)

Rafa = Fed Killa
09-28-2006, 07:05 AM
Uncle Toni rigged the draw.

Nah the Fedtards like Prima Donna are too powerful in their arse clowning skills.

MariaV
09-28-2006, 07:24 AM
Go cheer for Mirnyi.

That was the funniest thing I read in a while, I give you that. :haha: :haha:

Rafa = Fed Killa
09-28-2006, 07:27 AM
That was the funniest thing I read in a while, I give you that.

Thank You. I aim to please. :D

RonE
09-28-2006, 07:49 AM
That's right.

In fact the thread should be:
"Is RFK the biggest arseclown ever?" :p

The answer to that question is: of course he is. That is because he has the biggest heart and heart > talent. The only reason he did not win the arseclown competition was because he faced Jogy who only won because of the huge fear factor he possesses and not because of his heart.

;)