You are an abortion! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

You are an abortion!

Tennis Fool
09-25-2006, 03:18 AM
Who said it and when?

I ask, because the Mickey Mouse stuff that brings WWIII on this board is nothing compared to what players of the past said and did.

missbungle
09-25-2006, 03:32 AM
Jimmy Connors during the 91 US Open, right?

jole
09-25-2006, 03:33 AM
I ask, because the Mickey Mouse stuff that brings WWIII on this board is nothing compared to what players of the past said and did.

Furreal.

Johnny Groove
09-25-2006, 03:38 AM
Who said it and when?

we dont have any old school playas anymore :sad:

Socket
09-25-2006, 03:39 AM
Yep, Connors to the chair umpire. Bonus points for what he said about kissing (also to the chair umpire) and who the chair umpire was.

missbungle
09-25-2006, 03:41 AM
If only Connors were 30 years younger :sad:

Tennis Fool
09-25-2006, 03:48 AM
Yep, Connors to the chair umpire. Bonus points for what he said about kissing (also to the chair umpire) and who the chair umpire was.

David Littlefied. (I had to look this up.)

This is from SI:

Among the things Connors said to Littlefield were: "Kiss me before you do that to me. ... You son of a bitch. ... Get out of the chair. ... You're a bum. ... Get your ass out of the chair. ... Don't give me that crap. ... You're an abortion." But Connors was neither warned nor penalized.

"Jimmy was about as gross as he could get," said CBS analyst Mary Carillo. "But I've heard him say it before. It's very tough to hear and very tough to take."

Said one former player, "Connors has always been an -------. It's just that now he's everybody's favorite -------."

The next day, when Michael Mewshaw, who wrote the definitive book on the men's circuit, Short Circuit, asked tournament referee Tom Barnes whether Connors would be fined for what he had said to Littlefield, Barnes replied, "Get out of my office."

"Excuse me? Are you the guy who decides on fines?" said Mewshaw.

"I'm the guy," said Barnes. "Now get out of my office, or I'll call security." :lol:

Later Barnes said, "It is our policy that the officials have to report any code violation after the match. They did not, so it is a nonissue."

Well, O.K. If you're a music store manager, do you send back the offensive CDs and tapes by the rap group N.W.A., or do you invite the louts to make a personal appearance so you can draw a panting mob?

rofe
09-25-2006, 03:51 AM
Expect the Fed-haters to be nostalgic about Jimmy now and conveniently forget about Agassi's indiscretions.

Flibbertigibbet
09-25-2006, 04:02 AM
:lol:

missbungle
09-25-2006, 04:10 AM
Expect the Fed-haters to be nostalgic about Jimmy now and conveniently forget about Agassi's indiscretions.

I didn't know that Fed-haters = Agassitards :confused:

Socket
09-25-2006, 04:24 AM
Littlefield retired very soon after that match.

Bagelicious
09-25-2006, 04:28 AM
TennisFool, I think you'd get more of a response to this thread if you titled it "Roger Federer eats dead babies (the live ones scream too loud)".

Tennis Fool
09-25-2006, 04:46 AM
TennisFool, I think you'd get more of a response to this thread if you titled it "Roger Federer eats dead babies (the live ones scream too loud)".
Yes, tells you the age and the joke MTF posters are :rolleyes:

Why I stay, I have no clue.

R.Federer
09-25-2006, 06:59 AM
That's nothing compared to "Too Big". Pales in comparison with "He's a joke when it comes to injury". And oh, "Look at HIM and look at HIM and you tell me what the similarity is" (I'm forgetting the exact wording from Lleyton) -- what about that? Big Jim had nothing on the trash talkers of today.

Socket
09-25-2006, 02:12 PM
That's nothing compared to "Too Big". Pales in comparison with "He's a joke when it comes to injury". And oh, "Look at HIM and look at HIM and you tell me what the similarity is" (I'm forgetting the exact wording from Lleyton) -- what about that? Big Jim had nothing on the trash talkers of today.
*cough, cough*

http://asapsports.com/tennis/2001usopen/090101SF.html

cobalt60
09-25-2006, 02:26 PM
Ok so there are players who are spoiled immature louts; past and present. I remember tennis from way back. I always supported Laver, Smith,Ashe, Borg and Vilas. Couldn't stand the temper tantrums of the others. Still can't ;)

partygirl
09-25-2006, 02:43 PM
Among the things Connors said to Littlefield were: "Kiss me before you do that to me. ... You son of a bitch. ... Get out of the chair. ... You're a bum. ... Get your ass out of the chair. ... Don't give me that crap. ... You're an abortion." But Connors was neither warned nor penalized.

that might be one of the funniest things i've heard:rolls:

I Love Bitchy Boys.http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/happy038.gif

McEnroe too
and they did all this in the tiniest of "hot pants" :)

oz_boz
09-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Yeah, Connors was a really funny guy. :rolleyes:

Lendl-Connors Forest Hills WCT 1984, now that is funny.

BTW, the Ice Men are greater than the brats when it comes to tennis.

Borg > McEnroe or Connors
Sampras > Agassi

tangerine_dream
09-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Tennis Tool actually whining about threads that troll his beloved players? That's precious.

Tennis Fool
09-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Yeah, Connors was a really funny guy. :rolleyes:

Lendl-Connors Forest Hills WCT 1984, now that is funny.

BTW, the Ice Men are greater than the brats when it comes to tennis.

Borg > McEnroe or Connors
Sampras > Agassi
Some would argue that JMac was greater than Borg, in that he ended his career by beating him.

Tennis Fool
09-26-2006, 12:40 AM
Tennis Tool actually whining about threads that troll his beloved players? That's precious.
Tangerine Dream making no sense? That's obvious.

Broomie
09-26-2006, 01:24 AM
I missed sthg, what is this 'too big' story people talk about?