Federer: "i dont trust his injuries...i think he is a joke" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer: "i dont trust his injuries...i think he is a joke"

Pages : [1] 2 3

World Beater
09-24-2006, 04:51 PM
on djokovic...so i think we have some context for his other comments, now.

his interview after the tie

thanks to BLUEFORK/GWH for the following

the audio

http://rapidshare.de/files/34295659/DC_6574_mp3.mp3.html

for those who cant download the file for any reason:

THANKS TO TREQUARTISTA FOR THE FOLLOWING :)

Well, for those who weren't quick enough to it:

ROGER: You know, I don't trust his injuries...[general laughter] It's not funny, yeah? I'm serious.

INTERVIEWER: He was running around pretty well....

ROGER: Well, that's what I'm saying. I think he's a joke when it comes down to his injuries. I mean, the rules are there to be used but not abused. He was doing it many times, that's why I was not happy to see him doing that and then running around like a rabbit again, so... [more laughter] Yeah, it was a good handshake for me. I was happy to beat him.

(I took some liberties, editing out the excessive use of "you know" and "I mean" )

hitchhiker
09-24-2006, 04:54 PM
even if federer called him a joke the federer fans would claim he was just being friendly and calling him "Djoke"

Experimentee
09-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Quite uncharacteristic for Federer to say something like that :eek:

Very harsh. I didnt see the match so I cant decide if what he says is legitimate or not, but its very surprising! Novak is getting a bit of a reputation for supposedly faking injuries.

Action Jackson
09-24-2006, 04:55 PM
You mean Djokeovic

adee-gee
09-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Federer has been taking lessons from Ljubicic in opening his big mouth :retard:

Whistleway
09-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Where does he say on that. on that link?

RickDaStick
09-24-2006, 05:01 PM
tell us how you really feel Fed

victory1
09-24-2006, 05:03 PM

I dont see it neither? :confused:

andygabriela
:eek: I don't believe that Federer has said it, he's very respectful

trequartista

In the audio interview.

hitchhiker
09-24-2006, 05:04 PM
what did Dj Okovic do anyway?

i guess it was in the wawrinka match rather then in this one

Action Jackson
09-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Click here to listen his comments.

http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsaudio.asp?id=13903

Pfloyd
09-24-2006, 05:06 PM
Wow.

The one dimensional comment towards Nadal was disrespectful.

This, on the other hand, is a blatant insult. Federer better apologize.

Grinder
Way to expose this moron for who really he is Roger. :yeah:

rofe
:lol: Fed was really in his element with that statement. Can anyone who watched the match care to comment?

I think this is another faux pas from Fed along the lines of saying Nadal is one-dimensional. It may be true but he should realize his position and keep his mouth shut with journalists hanging on his every word.

Cristine
09-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Federer has been taking lessons from Ljubicic in opening his big mouth :retard:
:devil: :lol:

RickDaStick
No one has a reason to say anything bad about Fed in this situation as he is only telling the truth, so obiously the truth hurts for many of you.

ezekiel
where does he say it, I need to save it possibly as audio file :) :devil:

rofe
09-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Ah it was in the match against Wawa. So Fed was pissed off by the fact that he pulled a "fake" injury and then went on to play like normal against his team mate.

Choice quote, "He was injured and then after the injury ran around like a rabbit".

ezekiel
09-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Click here to listen his comments.

http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsaudio.asp?id=13903

I listened to all 1:19 and didn't hear that , just talking about team and stuff

trequartista
geez Roger sounds so pissed.... "Yeah, it was a good handshake. I was happy to beat him."

everybody gets bitchy once in a while ;) :lol:

Saumon
in the audio interview in the 1st message of this thread ;)

JMG
09-24-2006, 05:12 PM
:lol: Brilliant. "He also called him a "rabbit". :p

adee-gee
09-24-2006, 05:12 PM
Federer's personality is beginning to be exposed. He's a fraud, all this bullshit about him being a nice, genuine guy is beginning to show.

Also, how people can deny him being arrogant is beyond me. "I carried the team to victory". He really does believe his own hype.

World Beater
09-24-2006, 05:13 PM
geez...i even provided the link...some people will still start to doubt.

it should also help that its not some fed hater who started the thread.

Action Jackson
09-24-2006, 05:13 PM
I listened to all 1:19 and didn't hear that , just talking about team and stuff

It goes for 3 minutes.

ezekiel
09-24-2006, 05:14 PM
It goes for 3 minutes.

please provide a direct link

World Beater
09-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Federer's personality is beginning to be exposed. He's a fraud, all this bullshit about him being a nice, genuine guy is beginning to show.

Also, how people can deny him being arrogant is beyond me. "I carried the team to victory". He really does believe his own hype.

:haha:

i knew you would be the first to come out...federer being a bit of an "ass"...sure...but this comment and the others have nothing to do w/ being arrogant...

also, i see it as nothing more than fed sticking up for his teammate here. no doubt it was harsh... i was shocked when i heard it.

rofe
09-24-2006, 05:15 PM

Why don't you revel in the mediocre canned interviews provided by your favourites? :)

TennisGrandSlam
09-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Federer: "i dont trust adee-gee...i think the FED-hater is a joke" :p

rofe
09-24-2006, 05:16 PM

:lol: He did carry his team to victory. :shrug:

Neverstopfightin
09-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Why some of us we can only listen 1:19 seconds ??

adee-gee
09-24-2006, 05:17 PM

i knew you would be the first to come out...federer being a bit of an "ass"...sure...but this comment and the others have nothing to do w/ being arrogant...

also, i see it as nothing more than fed sticking up for his teammate here. no doubt it was harsh... i was shocked when i heard it.
Federer is a nasty piece of work, it's just taking some people longer to realise it than me.

He could go out and kill someone and you guys would defend him.

Action Jackson
09-24-2006, 05:17 PM

Go to the 1st post in this thread and go to the bottom.

http://www.daviscup.com/news/index.asp and click on Federer.

morningglory
09-24-2006, 05:18 PM
nice... keep this up Fed and I might actually like you... :)
no more Mr. Nice Guy image and the stupid Federbear thingy...

rofe
Federer is a nasty piece of work, it's just taking some people longer to realise it than me.

I hope you win the MTF arseclown award. You deserve it.

World Beater

ok they just changed it...why i dont know...but i have support from others in this thread...

its only 1:19 for some reason now...it was 3:22 before

adee-gee
Why don't you revel in the mediocre canned interviews provided by your favourites? :)
Actually Roddick is always very good in interviews, win or lose. Nadal is one of the most down to earth people you'll ever hear speak. Coria is very honest about his recent troubles. Murray is a little arrogant, yes I'll give you that.

ezekiel
Why some of us we can only listen 1:19 seconds ??

maybe it was censored now :unsure:

adee-gee
:lol: He did carry his team to victory. :shrug:
So did Nadal but I guarantee he won't be saying that. It's a team game.

bluefork
Wow. That's a pretty big statement, calling Djokovic a "joke." It's not to say that I don't agree with him, but I'm not sure it's something he should have said to the press.

On the other hand, it's about time some of the players start calling out Djokovic for the crap he pulls. He calls time-outs for some pretty ridiculous "injuries."

kiro
09-24-2006, 05:19 PM
No more kidding please.

RickDaStick

Im not really a fan of Federer so i have no reason to defend him but you know if Nadal said all this you would be the first person here defeding him and saying how everything he said is true.

adee-gee
I hope you win the MTF arseclown award. You deserve it.
I lost to Jogy :sad:

silverwhite
So they've replaced the original 3-minute interview? :help:

Saumon
09-24-2006, 05:20 PM

I've noticed that... during the us open he gave an interview (in French) and went like "i had some great, fantastic shots today, i played fabulous...", even if it's the truth he could be more humble :eek: :shrug:

Whistleway
http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/audio/mp3/DC_6574_mp3.MP3 is the direct link,

adee-gee
Im not really a fan of Federer so i have no reason to defend him but you know if Nadal said all this you would be the first person here defeding him and saying how everything he said is true.
If Nadal said things like this I wouldn't be a fan.

ezekiel
09-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Go to the 1st post in this thread and go to the bottom.

http://www.daviscup.com/news/index.asp and click on Federer.

It seems like they cut it up and censored it :devil:
did you save it on your comp or something?
Someone has to have this jewel and share i with the rest of us :o

World Beater
So they've replaced the original 3-minute interview? :help:

yes.

they were quick...but some of us were quicker

i clicked on the exact same link after posters responded about how they couldnt hear it.

it was changed

Allez
Wow he even admonishes the journalists for laughing at his comments about Djoko's "fake" injuries :eek: . Rogi's serious. Novak is a joke and that's no joke. Roger says so :worship:

jenanun

what is your point? :rolleyes:

adee-gee
09-24-2006, 05:23 PM
Federer's lawyers probably got on the case and got it canned before he got exposed as a fraud.

Maybe they threatened to unleash Mirka :scared: :bolt:

ezekiel
09-24-2006, 05:23 PM
http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/audio/mp3/DC_6574_mp3.MP3 is the direct link,

It's censored :mad:
they cut up more than 2 minutes of arrogance and insults and now I can't have it and laught at it in the future :o :devil: :mad:

Pfloyd
09-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Oh, Come on.

Some people are seriously saying that because Federer says something then it's true.

That's BS. Federer may be the greatest tennis player ever (though he isnt that yet). But he is still a normal human being when it comes to giving opinions about people.

Even if it is true that Djokovic is a "joke" (which I disagree with), that is something that the world #1 should avoid saying.

It's a little pathetic really.

Saumon
:eek: :eek: I can't believed they've censored it :retard:

rofe
So did Nadal but I guarantee he won't be saying that. It's a team game.

You know Adam, things are not as black and white as they seem. Human nature is all about greys. Also perception plays a large part in how you judge a celebrity. Fed is trying to be honest about what he thinks. You call him arrogant and I call him refreshing. Fed is too nice for some people and too vain for some. The truth is somewhere inbetween.

You feel that a player should always say the right things irrespective of what he or she feels inside. I disagree with that though Fed should keep his mouth shut sometimes even though I agree with him.

Action Jackson
Awww, they edited it, but it's OK. I know what he said.

Dirk
09-24-2006, 05:25 PM
I lost to Jogy :sad:

How can you lose to him? He hasn't posted in like what months?

I hope I lost too by the way. :)

Pfloyd
Some one care to post what they can remember he said about Djokovic?

Allez
It's censored :mad:
they cut up more than 2 minutes of arrogance and insults and now I can't have it and laught at it in the future :o :devil: :mad:
http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/audio/mp3/DC_6574_mp3.MP3

rofe
09-24-2006, 05:26 PM
If Nadal said things like this I wouldn't be a fan.

I am sure you can rationalize his choice quote, "He should learn how to lose".

silverwhite
Oh, Come on.

Some people are seriously saying that because Federer says somthing then is it's true.

That's BS. Federer may be the greatest tennis player ever (though he isnt that yet). But he is still a normal human being when it comes to giving opinions about people.

Even if it is true that Djokovic is a "joke" (which I disagree with), that is something that the world #1 should avoid saying.

It's a little pathetic really.

On the flipside, certain posters who dislike Federer jump at every one of his comments regardless of whether they are really worth criticising or not.

Action Jackson
http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/audio/mp3/DC_6574_mp3.MP3

It has been edited.

World Beater
09-24-2006, 05:27 PM
i have posted what i remember from the interview in the first post

trequartista
I still have the audio open, now I'm afraid to close it :lol: I don't know how to save it, though. :confused:

ROGER: You know, I don't trust his injuries...[general laughter] It's not funny, yeah? I'm serious.

ROGER: Well, that's what I'm saying. I think he's a joke when it comes down to his injuries. I mean, the rules are there to be used but not abused. He was doing it many times, that's why I was not happy to see him doing that and then running around like a rabbit again, so... [more laughter] Yeah, it was a good handshake for me. I was happy to beat him.

(I took some liberties, editing out the excessive use of "you know" and "I mean" :lol: )

KaxMisha
[QUOTE=Lafuria]Wow.

The one dimensional comment towards Nadal was disrespectful.[QUOTE]

That's a lie. It was nowhere near an insult. It was the truth. Nadal IS one-deminsional. One-dimensional doesn't mean bad. As I wrote in another thread: Nadal is one-dimensional because when his primary gameplan isn't working (that is, when his opponents cut down on their errors by a whole lot), there's nothing he can do. He is a great player because his primary gameplan us very good, but that doesn't make him any less one-dimensional. Only an idiot could think that Santoro is a better player than Nadal, but likewise, only an idiot could think Santoro is more one-dimensional than Nadal. The two are not one and the same. Let me give you another example:
Imagine a player who always hits aces in his own service games (wins them all to love - all aces) and in the return games, he hits 50 % return winners, 50 % direct errors. This player can't rally at all. Would this be the best player in the world? By a longshot. He wouldn't even lose sets, let alone matches. Now, does this mean this player isn't one-dimensional? I don't think that has to be answered.

ezekiel
09-24-2006, 05:28 PM
SOMEONE HAS TO HAVE SAVED THE ORIGINAL FILE AND THEY MUST SHARE IT WITH THE REST OF US BEFORE TENNIS GODS INTRODUCE CENSORSHIP AND WE GROW IN IGNORANCE :o :o :o

adee-gee
You know Adam, things are not as black and white as they seem. Human nature is all about greys. Also perception plays a large part in how you judge a celebrity. Fed is trying to be honest about what he thinks. You call him arrogant and I call him refreshing. Fed is too nice for some people and too vain for some. The truth is somewhere inbetween.

You feel that a player should always say the right things irrespective of what he or she feels inside. I disagree with that though Fed should keep his mouth shut sometimes even though I agree with him.
Listen, I'm not as bad a guy as you think I am :)

I actually agree with you, and it's nice to have people with differing opinions otherwise our world would be boring. But you can't deny me this opportunity to have a go at Federer, it's like gold dust. I won't for a second deny I'm not exactly neutral when it comes to Federer, but it's still fun. I don't object to Federer voicing his opinions, I object to the image he puts across which I see as false. Imagine if Roddick said something like this, he'd be slaughtered.

Action Jackson

(I took some liberties, editing out the excessive use of "you know" and "I mean" :lol: )

That is exactly what I heard.

Pfloyd
On the flipside, certain posters who dislike Federer jump at every one of his comments regardless of whether they are really worth criticising or not.

It may well be true, but this specific case is worth a close look at.

Experimentee
They censored it :eek:

I heard the full interview they had up before, and he definitely did say those things. I wonder how many other bitchy things Fed has said in interviews before, which has been censored by the media :o

Allez
They've removed it!!!!!! I can't believe it. :D

trequartista
09-24-2006, 05:30 PM
They censored it :eek:

I heard the full interview they had up before, and he definitely did say those things. I wonder how many other bitchy things Fed has said in interviews before, which has been censored by the media :o

...or how many bitchy things ANYONE has said, I'm sure they snip and edit more than just Fed's interviews... :rolleyes:

silverwhite
09-24-2006, 05:30 PM
It may well be true, but this specific case is worth a close look at.

Well, if you want to be objective, you have to look at the big picture instead of targeting a particular group.

Pfloyd
09-24-2006, 05:31 PM
[QUOTE=Lafuria]Wow.

The one dimensional comment towards Nadal was disrespectful.[QUOTE]

That's a lie. It was nowhere near an insult. It was the truth. Nadal IS one-deminsional. One-dimensional doesn't mean bad. As I wrote in another thread: Nadal is one-dimensional because when his primary gameplan isn't working (that is, when his opponents cut down on their errors by a whole lot), there's nothing he can do. He is a great player because his primary gameplan us very good, but that doesn't make him any less one-dimensional. Only an idiot could think that Santoro is a better player than Nadal, but likewise, only an idiot could think Santoro is more one-dimensional than Nadal. The two are not one and the same. Let me give you another example:
Imagine a player who always hits aces in his own service games (wins them all to love - all aces) and in the return games, he hits 50 % return winners, 50 % direct errors. This player can't rally at all. Would this be the best player in the world? By a longshot. He wouldn't even lose sets, let alone matches. Now, does this mean this player isn't one-dimensional? I don't think that has to be answered.

I disagree, but let's not talk about this again, in this thread.

TheBoiledEgg
09-24-2006, 05:32 PM
Djokovic is always taking fake breaks
he thinks he's playing on the WTA :rolleyes:

Experimentee
...or how many bitchy things ANYONE has said, I'm sure they snip and edit more than just Fed's interviews... :rolleyes:

They could also do it to others, but they have more interest in Federer since he is the #1 player and the best representative for the ATP. It makes sense for them to want to portray him as a nice guy.

silverwhite

I actually agree with you, and it's nice to have people with differing opinions otherwise our world would be boring. But you can't deny me this opportunity to have a go at Federer, it's like gold dust. I won't for a second deny I'm not exactly neutral when it comes to Federer, but it's still fun. I don't object to Federer voicing his opinions, I object to the image he puts across which I see as false. Imagine if Roddick said something like this, he'd be slaughtered.

You need a life. :tape:

Pfloyd
Well, if you want to be objective, you have to look at the big picture instead of targeting a particular group.

The tards are the one's that usually pounce at anything that remotley resembles an insult.

Im not targeting anyone here. All im saying that Federer should'nt have said this.

Saumon
09-24-2006, 05:33 PM
That is exactly what I heard.
me too

trequartista
WorldBeater, could you edit the first post with the version I transcribed verbatim? The one you have up sounds a bit harsher than it actually was.

bluefork

Try that to hear the original interview.

World Beater
09-24-2006, 05:34 PM

i posted some nadal comments in another thread that hinted at his "arrogance", but of course i got no reply from any of them. :haha:

KaxMisha
[QUOTE=KaxMisha][QUOTE=Lafuria]Wow.

The one dimensional comment towards Nadal was disrespectful.

I disagree, but let's not talk about this again, in this thread.

Hahahaha. You disagree? Hahahahaha. Always funny to see people disagree with facts. Do you disagree with the fact that Rios's hair is much straighter than Nadal's too?

adee-gee
It's nice of you to defend your fellow fraud :)

adee-gee
09-24-2006, 05:35 PM
i posted some nadal comments in another thread that hinted at his "arrogance", but of course i got no reply from any of them. :haha:
I have no idea what you're talking about :shrug:

Saumon
Djokovic is always taking fake breaks
he thinks he's playing on the WTA :rolleyes:
djokovic can't breath through his nose :eek: kudos to him for almost being in the top20 :shrug:

World Beater
WorldBeater, could you edit the first post with the version I transcribed verbatim? The one you have up sounds a bit harsher than it actually was.

yes sure...i closed the window, and just recounted what i remembered..

it will be changed.

thx :)

Pfloyd
09-24-2006, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE=Lafuria][QUOTE=KaxMisha]

Hahahaha. You disagree? Hahahahaha. ALways funny to see people disagreeing with facts. Do you disagree with the fact that Rios's hair is much straighter than Nadal's too?

Oh God, not this again.

Whatever. Federer can go suck on pirata pants for all I care.

Im not going to go through this argument again.

Federer was disrespectful with these comments.

DrJules
09-24-2006, 05:37 PM

To a large extent images are created the media rather than the player.

The Djokovic situation has been raised by other players; I am not sure how serious or genuine it is. Many players against numerous opponents have become irritated by players having injury breaks and seeming to return fully fit after the injury break

bluefork
09-24-2006, 05:38 PM
djokovic can't breath through his nose :eek: kudos to him for almost being in the top20 :shrug:

But what about at Wimbledon when he was complaining about blurred vision? That was a joke. And at the U.S. Open last year when he more or less admitted that he took an injury timeout just to get a break? Federer's right that he definitely abuses the rules.

nobama

Also, how people can deny him being arrogant is beyond me. "I carried the team to victory". He really does believe his own hype.Jesus, you moron he did carry the team to victory winning all his matches. :rolleyes:

silverwhite
It's nice of you to defend your fellow fraud :)

I'm not defending anyone. I just thought that comment about bashing Federer being "like gold dust" was pretty cringe-worthy. :o

croat123
09-24-2006, 05:39 PM
feds getting cocky
but can you blaim him? :p

Action Jackson
yes sure...i closed the window, and just recounted what i remembered..

it will be changed.

thx :)

Put this in the original post. He says it around the 1 min mark.

http://rapidshare.de/files/34295659...74_mp3.mp3.html

Pfloyd
Cocky is one thing.

Arrogance is another thing...

adee-gee
I'm not defending anyone. I just thought that comment about bashing Federer being "like gold dust" was pretty cringe-worthy. :o
When you get the balls to make a comment which might get a response, get back to me. Until then, stop stalking me.

Experimentee
I wonder if they will report these comments in the media? When other players say something like this, it is all over the news. The media like to create fights and rivalries. Since they have edited it, maybe they wont mention it.

Saumon
i've saved the uncensored itw, how can i upload it? :scratch:

nvm, GWH did it :o

World Beater
09-24-2006, 05:40 PM
Put this in the original post. He says it around the 1 min mark.

YEP...THANKS...

done

ezekiel
09-24-2006, 05:40 PM

Try that to hear the original interview.

thanks, thanks it's gold and will be saved for future reference :devil:

Action Jackson
09-24-2006, 05:41 PM
i've saved the uncensored itw, how can i upload it? :scratch:

It's here now.

silverwhite
09-24-2006, 05:41 PM
The tards are the one's that usually pounce at anything that remotley resembles an insult.

Im not targeting anyone here. All im saying that Federer should'nt have said this.

Then one can also say that "the tards are the ones" who defend anything Federer says regardless of the severity of his comments.

silverwhite
09-24-2006, 05:42 PM
When you get the balls to make a comment which might get a response, get back to me. Until then, stop stalking me.

That comment that upset you got several responses. :shrug:

Pfloyd
09-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Then one can also say that "the tards are the ones" who defend anything Federer says regardless of the severity of his comments.

What's your point here?

Not being disrespectful (honestly), what are you trying to say?

All im saying that the comments he said in this case were not of a respectful manner.

One thing is saying things you dont want to say when you're very angry, another thing is saying a comment like this in an interview...

adee-gee
09-24-2006, 05:43 PM
That comment that upset you got several responses. :shrug:
From me, yes. Because you're obsessed with me.

silverwhite
09-24-2006, 05:44 PM
What's your point here?

Not being disrespectful (honestly), what are you trying to say?

That you're not unbiased yourself. :)

nobama
09-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Ok so he didn't call Djokovic a joke, but rather his use of injury time outs. There is a difference. And I don't think Roger would be the only player to feel this way. He just happened to say it out loud.

silverwhite
09-24-2006, 05:45 PM
From me, yes. Because you're obsessed with me.

Doesn't World Beater count as a person? :scratch:

DrJules

Was that not rectified by surgery last year?

Billabong

And Roger could say the nicest and classiest things (it happened many times already) and you would still find arrogance in what he says. But of course, Nadal would say something arrogant and you would be suddenly blind. It's been the same thing over and over again since almost 2 years:rolleyes: Federer and Nadal fans won't admitt the flaws of their favorites, get over it already:rolleyes:.

adee-gee
Barely :p

World Beater
09-24-2006, 05:46 PM

no no...fedtards aren't human beings...they cant be...fedtards are robots just like their messiah

ezekiel
But what about at Wimbledon when he was complaining about blurred vision? That was a joke. And at the U.S. Open last year when he more or less admitted that he took an injury timeout just to get a break? Federer's right that he definitely abuses the rules.

I am tired of going backwards, he lost a lot of matches because of physical immaturity . He is only 19 ! At Wimbledon he lost a match after something hit him in the eye. Why would he use or abuse the rules that make him lose matches ? :confused: :rolleyes:

stebs
It's a shame he said those things. I don't think someone of his stature in tennis should say things like this because they will be taken too seriously and it is unfair on Djokovic.

Clearly Roger believes he is right pretty strongly or else he wouldn't have said them but I am no happy to hear that he said this. The media laughed when he first said it and he could've taken that oppurtunity to leave things like that. People could take what they want from it, he said his peace but maybe it was a joke but he continued making sure they got the message.

It's unlike Roger to say such things but I guess if he really believes it then that's that. Still, not nice. :(

silverwhite
09-24-2006, 05:47 PM

I still have no idea why that comment upset you so much. You have to admit what you said was a bit absurd. :shrug:

World Beater
09-24-2006, 05:48 PM

djokovic is the one pulling the injury timeouts and all the Sh$t. so fed calls him out, and suddenly he's an asshole because he criticizes him for it....

also, he wasnt the first to do it in the media. monfils, did it after their usopen match

adee-gee
no no...fedtards aren't human beings...they cant be...fedtards are robots just like their messiah
:hatoff:

Ok no seriously, I don't mind you on occasions. I just find it funny how when I'm the only one who has the balls to speak their mind in a negative way about Federer, people attack me. It's very saddening :sad:

Pfloyd
That you're not unbiased yourself. :)

How is what Im saying biased?

Are these comments on Djokovic respectful?

Whistleway
I heard it like half-hour ago. Davis cup censors it.

Verbatim from a post at TT.

"You know I don't trust his injuries, no it's not funny,I mean I'm serious, and I think that he's a joke when he comes down to these injuries. The rules are there to be used but not abused and that's what he's been doing many times. That's why I wasn't happy to see him doing that and then running around like a rabbit again. Yeah it was a good handshake for me. I was happy to beat him."

I am a fed fan, but i don't agree Davis cup censoring !!!

from: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=121453

ezekiel
09-24-2006, 05:49 PM
Ok so he didn't call Djokovic a joke, but rather his use of injury time outs. There is a difference. And I don't think Roger would be the only player to feel this way. He just happened to say it out loud.

correct , he didn't imply Novak was a joke whatever that means, just a break taking but very poor choice of words if anything

Kalliopeia
Federer is arrogant. Look, that is just a fact. It doesn't matter if what he says is true. He's a fabulous player? Yes, of course he is. He carried the team to victory? Of course he did. None of that makes him look like less of a tool when he goes around telling people how fabulous he is and making snotty comments about other players. He shows his ass time and time again and people just keep on kissing it.

World Beater

well...whatever he meant...he did call novak a "joke"

stebs
Oh and by the way, in reference to my previous comment, I am a Federer fan and still think that. It is over the line to call him a joke, maybe say you are unconvinced and that maybe he is using the timeout's to his advantage but to call him a joke is very harsh considering that Roger may well be wrong. Of course there is a good chance that Nole does use the timeouts as a tactic but Roger can't know that.

bluefork
09-24-2006, 05:50 PM
I am tired of going backwards, he lost a lot of matches because of physical immaturity . He is only 19 ! At Wimbledon he lost a match after something hit him in the eye. Why would he use or abuse the rules that make him lose matches ? :confused: :rolleyes:

He wasn't trying to lose those matches, obviously, but I believe he uses injury timeouts to break his opponent's momentum. He has had so many bizarre injuries that it's gotten to the point where it isn't believable. There is no one else on tour who has as many of these strange problems.

adee-gee
I still have no idea why that comment upset you so much. You have to admit what you said was a bit absurd. :shrug:
I don't think it was absurd, I think people defending Federer is absurd but I still have to put up with it :shrug:

Castafiore
Wow. They censored this? it's not usually their habit to do so with players such as Ljubicic,...or is it? I mean, they can say whatever they want and they have to deal with the consequences of their own words, right?

:( Censorship. That's so wrong.
------
About the actual quote (I managed to listen to it before the edit):
I'm very surprised to hear him say 'he is a joke'. Very harsh words.
On the other hand, Djokovic has been criticized several times no for his "injuries". Against Monfils, against Nadal,...just to name those matches. The Monfils match in particular was quite a show.
So, maybe if the mighty Federer calls him up on it, he will finally think about that sort of behaviour.

Allez
And Novak was so full of praise and adoration for Roger. What will he think after hearing Roger lash out at him like this ? How can Roger know for certain that Novak's a chronic faker ? Unless he has some medical background and has actually examined Djokovic himself he has no business saying Novak is a serial abuser of the rules regarding injuries. I say that as his fan. ;)

stebs
09-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Oh, one point which I think makes this seem worse than it is is that I think Federer says "it's a joke". Not he's a joke. It makes a sizeable difference.

Whistleway
09-24-2006, 05:51 PM
SOMEONE HAS TO HAVE SAVED THE ORIGINAL FILE AND THEY MUST SHARE IT WITH THE REST OF US BEFORE TENNIS GODS INTRODUCE CENSORSHIP AND WE GROW IN IGNORANCE :o :o :o

Good point. Can't believe they do this in tennis :(

silverwhite
09-24-2006, 05:52 PM
How is what Im saying biased?

Are these comments on Djokovic respectful?

No, nothing wrong with those comments. It's just that you need to take a step back and acknowledge that there's a group that will criticise Federer regardless and there's a group that will defend him regardless.

World Beater
Wow. They censored this? it's not usually their habit to do so with players such as Ljubicic,...or is it? I mean, they can say whatever they want and they have to deal with the consequences of their own words, right?

------
On the other hand, Djokovic has been criticized several times no for his "injuries". Against Monfils, against Nadal,...just to name those matches. The Monfils match in particular was quite a show.
So, maybe if the mighty Federer calls him up on it, he will finally think about that sort of behaviour.

my gosh...someone with sense finally...fed was too harsh still i think...but yeah maybe novak will get the message...fed wasnt the first to criticize as you say

trequartista
Why are three comments enough to believe that Federer is an arrogant jerk when there has been SO MUCH overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

Nadal, for one, thinks QUITE highly of Roger's character. :nerner:

Pfloyd
09-24-2006, 05:53 PM
No, nothing wrong with those comments. It's just that you need to take a step back and acknowledge that there's a group that will criticise Federer regardless and there's a group that will defend him regardless.

I agree with that.

silverwhite
I don't think it was absurd, I think people defending Federer is absurd but I still have to put up with it :shrug:

I think both groups are absurd and I'm sick and tired of both camps. :)

shotgun
Joke-ovic.

World Beater
Oh, one point which I think makes this seem worse than it is is that I think Federer says "it's a joke". Not he's a joke. It makes a sizeable difference.

no...i increased the volume to max...he clearly says "he's a joke"...

NYCtennisfan
Federer doesn't seem to have any internal dialogue...he says what he means like when he assesses another player's game. The accepted way is for the players not to comment on these things, so Federer is out there on this one.

On the other hand, you know Nadal and others wanted to say the same thing but they didn't. Against Nadal, Djokovic would act like he was injured and tired after losing a point, but then bounce back and play strongly enough so that he was in "control" of the point. Then after the match he said that he was in control just like after his match with Federer at MC.

I think Federer should stick to the tried and true ways of not talking too much about your opponents, but the genii is out of the bottle and looks lke there is no going back.

nobama
09-24-2006, 05:54 PM
It's a shame he said those things. I don't think someone of his stature in tennis should say things like this because they will be taken too seriously and it is unfair on Djokovic.

Clearly Roger believes he is right pretty strongly or else he wouldn't have said them but I am no happy to hear that he said this. The media laughed when he first said it and he could've taken that oppurtunity to leave things like that. People could take what they want from it, he said his peace but maybe it was a joke but he continued making sure they got the message.

It's unlike Roger to say such things but I guess if he really believes it then that's that. Still, not nice. :(Why is it unfair? And who cares if it is nice? He honestly believes Djokovic is abusing the injury time out rule and said so. Other players speak out and it's "refreshing". Roger does and it's "not nice" or he's an asshole. I'd rather have a player speak their mind than all this PC crap.

tennisgal_001
Federer has no right to say that... that is if that's actually what he said and it wasn't taken out of context et al. (the file won't download for me, so I can't tell for sure)

Billabong

------

I agree:yeah: I'm a fan of both, Federer shouldn't have said those things that way, but Djokovic must stop all this as well.

mangoes
I think Djokovic is in the position of the boy that cried wolf. He has done it so many times that it's quite a joke now. Remember what Djokovic said after one of his matches with Nadal........ He claimed injury as the reason he lost the match........... And, of course, his match against Monfils became famous for injury timeouts.

Nevertheless, I'd rather Roger keep his mouth shut regarding these topics.

Billabong
09-24-2006, 05:55 PM

That's exactly what I think;) Neither are objective, so these arguments are going nowhere I think.

adee-gee
09-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Shouldn't you get yourself out of 1 camp then? :)

Whistleway
09-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Nevertheless, I'd rather Roger keep his mouth shut regarding these topics.

Why? He's the one playing against a faker. Not you. He has every right to say as he sees it. I wish he would come out and tell how Nadal takes so much time between the points. There is a lot of abuse of rules going on in tennis. And at pro level, it just is not fair. Go roger !!

revolution
It must be pointed out that the person who Roger is slating makes a big difference to people's reactions.

ezekiel
He wasn't trying to lose those matches, obviously, but I believe he uses injury timeouts to break his opponent's momentum. He has had so many bizarre injuries that it's gotten to the point where it isn't believable. There is no one else on tour who has as many of these strange problems.

so what matches did he break opponents momentum ?

In wimbledon something hit him in the eye in the 5th set mind you and he came back and clearly wasn't well and lost serve at love ,set and match .

He has had many injuries because he is still frail and very young . It's his only obstacle to him reaching his potential

adee-gee
Why is it unfair? And who cares if it is nice? He honestly believes Djokovic is abusing the injury time out rule and said so. Other players speak out and it's "refreshing". Roger does and it's "not nice" or he's an asshole. I'd rather have a player speak their mind than all this PC crap.

Are you serious? So when Roddick speaks his mind he doesn't get bashed?

silverwhite
09-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Shouldn't you get yourself out of 1 camp then? :)

Nowhere in this thread have I defended Federer's comments. ;)

adee-gee
09-24-2006, 05:58 PM
Nowhere in this thread have I defended Federer's comments. ;)
Possibly not, but you're still a minor Fedtard :kiss:

Allez
09-24-2006, 05:58 PM
Why are three comments enough to believe that Federer is an arrogant jerk when there has been SO MUCH overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

Nadal, for one, thinks QUITE highly of Roger's character. :nerner:
I agree a few comments here are not enough to make him an arrogant jerk. Not by a long shot. He's said and done a ton of other things which show him to be a really nice bloke :D

BUT!!!!!

Novak's only 19 years old fo god's sake. These comments are not fair on him (unless it can be proven beyond doubt that he does indeed abuse the rules). As far as I know Roger is no medical practitioner so I don't know how he can be so sure that Novak is faking it :rolleyes:

ezekiel
09-24-2006, 06:00 PM
I just listened to it again and I think it was more personal , the way he scolded him with disdain. I understand it's a competiton and words get out before they are thought well just after the match but this could prove a big boon for Novak and a big motivation for the future

Allez
Federer doesn't seem to have any internal dialogue...he says what he means like when he assesses another player's game. The accepted way is for the players not to comment on these things, so Federer is out there on this one.

On the other hand, you know Nadal and others wanted to say the same thing but they didn't. Against Nadal, Djokovic would act like he was injured and tired after losing a point, but then bounce back and play strongly enough so that he was in "control" of the point. Then after the match he said that he was in control just like after his match with Federer at MC.

I think Federer should stick to the tried and true ways of not talking too much about your opponents, but the genii is out of the bottle and looks lke there is no going back.

Completely agree. ;)

stebs
Why is it unfair? And who cares if it is nice? He honestly believes Djokovic is abusing the injury time out rule and said so. Other players speak out and it's "refreshing". Roger does and it's "not nice" or he's an asshole. I'd rather have a player speak their mind than all this PC crap.
You know perfectly well that I am a Fed fan so don't speak to me like I am biased and hating on Roger. I still like his character very much I just don't like these comments.

It is unfair because in the tennis world people will listen to what Roger has to say and of course if he believes Novak uses the timeout to his advantage then he can say that but calling him a joke is unduly harsh. If he wasn't so high profile he can say these things but because of his status it means Djokovic will get stick. Sure he may deserve it but Roger cannot know for sure that he was using it for his advantage so to say in such a frank and factual manner is a bit much.

_asdf_
09-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Federer is arrogant. Look, that is just a fact. It doesn't matter if what he says is true. He's a fabulous player? Yes, of course he is. He carried the team to victory? Of course he did. None of that makes him look like less of a tool when he goes around telling people how fabulous he is and making snotty comments about other players. He shows his ass time and time again and people just keep on kissing it.

Very well said indeed. :hatoff: Why so many people choose to believe that Federer is not only a great tennis player but also a perfect human being who just may not be wrong whatever he says or does beats me.

prima donna
09-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Djokovic has worked long and hard to earn his reputation as a bullshit artist. His antics began last year during the 5th set against Monfils ( USO 2005 ).

It doesn't appear as though he has any desire to stop this neurotic behavior anytime soon, so call him out on it. I find it absolutely absurd that such a thing was ever permitted to begin with, most certainly Djokovic will be one of the player's to blame when the ATP decides to start placing restrictions on injury timeouts and so forth.

Also, does anyone remember Djokovic's comments after his match against Roger in Roma ? The things that were said ? The interview was almost identical to the one that he'd find himself doing only a month or so later after losing to Nadal in Paris.

Anyway, now that Djokovic's been called out by Federer this shit isn't going to slide as easily with other players in the locker room, there were already doubts in question with regard to the extent of his injuries and now they've been all but confirmed.

Well done.

NYCtennisfan
09-24-2006, 06:02 PM
He has had many injuries because he is still frail and very young . It's his only obstacle to him reaching his potential

He's young, but not frail by any means. Other than these breathing problems, he is strongly built and has worked on his muscle mass quite impressively the past year.

sawan66278
09-24-2006, 06:06 PM
While I do believe that Roger is narcissistic, sometimes things should be said, and players like Djokovic need to be called on the carpet. What he pulled on Gael last year the U.S. Open among other times, it is a clear WTA abuse of the injury rules...I have hated his use of these rules...and, I'm sorry, if you can't breathe through your nose, then don't play...fitness is one of the critical elements of the game...and if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen :mad:

ezekiel
09-24-2006, 06:06 PM
He's young, but not frail by any means. Other than these breathing problems, he is strongly built and has worked on his muscle mass quite impressively the past year.

I meant inside his body, he looks fine outside

nobama
09-24-2006, 06:11 PM
You know perfectly well that I am a Fed fan so don't speak to me like I am biased and hating on Roger. I still like his character very much I just don't like these comments.

It is unfair because in the tennis world people will listen to what Roger has to say and of course if he believes Novak uses the timeout to his advantage then he can say that but calling him a joke is unduly harsh. If he wasn't so high profile he can say these things but because of his status it means Djokovic will get stick. Sure he may deserve it but Roger cannot know for sure that he was using it for his advantage so to say in such a frank and factual manner is a bit much.Yes I know you're a Fed fan. Maybe he shouldn't have used the word "joke", but it seems certain players can say whatever and get away with it yet every single word Roger utters gets disected and analyzed and criticized. Frankly I don't mind somtimes that he's honest and says what's on his mind. If he creates a few more haters because of it, oh well.

kokket
09-24-2006, 06:11 PM
that timeout was really a joke .... he was tired he was 0-2 sets down he was jokeing

a person can say what he is fealing, of course it was not nice for a world no.1 but at least it was the truth

adee-gee
09-24-2006, 06:13 PM
Anyway, now that Djokovic's been called out by Federer this shit isn't going to slide as easily with other players in the locker room, there were already doubts in question with regard to the extent of his injuries and now they've been all but confirmed.
They've all been confirmed just because Federer said it? :rolls:

GlennMirnyi
09-24-2006, 06:13 PM
I'm starting to like Federer more. He should speak up more and be more arrogant, he has all it takes to shut everybody's mouth anyway.

TRUTH HURTS!

stebs
09-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Yes I know you're a Fed fan. Maybe he shouldn't have used the word "joke", but it seems certain players can say whatever and get away with it yet every single word Roger utters gets disected and analyzed and criticized. Frankly I don't mind somtimes that he's honest and says what's on his mind. If he creates a few more haters because of it, oh well.
Yes that is perfectly true. It is because he is number 1 in the world and has been for three years, he is one of the most respected sportsmen in the world. Having everything you say get put under the microscope comes with the territory. I don't mond him saying what's on his mind in some situations but I care more about what this does to Djokovic than what it does to Federer.

Black Adam
09-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Again you are obliged to hurt our eyes with your red big lettered posts! :o :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

World Beater
09-24-2006, 06:15 PM

he wasnt the first, stop being so narrowminded

djoko was criticized before

Saumon
09-24-2006, 06:15 PM
what I find shocking is not what Fed said, it's the fact it was censored :o

adee-gee
09-24-2006, 06:16 PM
he wasnt the first, stop being so narrowminded

djoko was criticized before
That's not what the marvellous prima donna said though.

supersexynadal
09-24-2006, 06:18 PM
Federers not an arrogent jerk!
Hes not saying it in a whiney way....Hes saying the truth and its not like he said something personal about him. If he really was a jerk he wouldnt praise nadal so much whos practically stopped him from winning the french AT LEAST once

World Beater
09-24-2006, 06:18 PM
That's not what the marvellous prima donna said though.

lol :haha:

yes we should believe what primadonna said...good one adeegee, way to live by your own logic...just because prima said it, it must be kosher!

Castafiore
09-24-2006, 06:20 PM
it seems certain players can say whatever and get away with it yet every single word Roger utters gets disected and analyzed and criticized.
It happens to lots of players but top players in particular. Not just Roger.
We tend to be more defensive perhaps about quotes being put under a microscope when it's said by a favorite player of ours but you know as well as I do that Roger's words are not the only ones to get analyzed.

what I find shocking is not what Fed said, it's the fact it was censored
I agree. I don't really mind all that much that he says such a thing. All these players carry their own personality into the interviews so they are going to approach certain things in different ways. It's not necessarily always a "wrong" or "right" way of dealing with tough questions.
But they censored it? :rolleyes:

NYCtennisfan
09-24-2006, 06:20 PM
Censoring what was said is absolutely ridiculous.

ezekiel
09-24-2006, 06:21 PM
It is unfair because in the tennis world people will listen to what Roger has to say and of course if he believes Novak uses the timeout to his advantage then he can say that but calling him a joke is unduly harsh. If he wasn't so high profile he can say these things but because of his status it means Djokovic will get stick. Sure he may deserve it but Roger cannot know for sure that he was using it for his advantage so to say in such a frank and factual manner is a bit much.

davis cup= players say the dumbest things

GlennMirnyi
09-24-2006, 06:22 PM
In fact, we're just here talking about this because it's Federer. If it were Nadal, nobody would give a damn. He hasn't 9 GS to back up his words.

Action Jackson
09-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Boo to censoring these comments.

oschemi
09-24-2006, 06:24 PM
In fact, we're just here talking about this because it's Federer. If it were Nadal, nobody would give a damn. He hasn't 9 GS to back up his words.

WTF has Nadal got to do with this?!!?? You are such a bitter asshole, the discussion is about Federer and Djokovic, idiot :mad: :mad:

NYCtennisfan
09-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Boo to censoring these comments.

:lol:

Wow. We are t-minus 2 minutes away from this thread being longer than the Dima defeats Roddick in DC thread.

prima donna
09-24-2006, 06:26 PM

That could be one way of interpreting it.

GlennMirnyi
09-24-2006, 06:27 PM
WTF has Nadal got to do with this?!!?? You are such a bitter asshole, the discussion is about Federer and Djokovic, idiot :mad: :mad:

Just comparing the magnitude of the #2 compared to the #1.

oschemi
09-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Just comparing the magnitude of the #2 compared to the #1.

Oh gosh, you are even worse than primma donna, gosh.... :rolleyes:

GlennMirnyi
09-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Oh gosh, you are even worse than primma donna, gosh.... :rolleyes:

Stop with the flattering. I'm not gonna give you any more good reps.

MariaV
09-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Oh be sure all the Rafa hatas would be out here in force.

Bilbo
09-24-2006, 06:46 PM

file not found. the link is not complete.

marcRD
09-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Roger Federer is not mr nice guy any more, stop demanding him to be it aswell. Roger Federer is neither arrogant, but definetly not humble and nice. He went over the line many times trying to say wha the really thinks. Federer fans want to try to make him sound like the nicest, most humble guy on earth and anti-fedtards (I wouldnt call them Nadaltards as they clearly hate Federer more than they like Nadal) try to make it sound like he is extremly arrogant, fake and an asshle.

Let me say this, Federer is just very honest and beeing honest he is beeing very aggresive and offending. Also it is very interesting to hear his interviews because he doesnt seem to hold back whatever it is he is thinking like he did when he was younger. His interviews are the most interesting to hear because of his strong opinions about opponents and tennis and his great knowledge of the game. I prefer this Federer than the younger, humble Federer who tried to please everyone.

World Beater
09-24-2006, 06:48 PM
file not found. the link is not complete.

changed...try now

Black Adam
09-24-2006, 06:50 PM
OMG! "I have 9 Slams and many accomplishments behind me so I can officially trash anyone." :eek: Thank the rest of the world's powerful people don't have such a mentality. The better he gets the more Arrogance and Trash comes out of his mouth:o It would be better if he developed his game to Dizziest heights than add a rotten mouth + sharp toungue to his Arsenal.

GlennMirnyi
09-24-2006, 06:52 PM
OMG! "I have 9 Slams and many accomplishments behind me so I can officially trash anyone." :eek: Thank the rest of the world's powerful people don't have such a mentality. The better he gets the more Arrogance and Trash comes out of his mouth:o It would be better if he developed his game to Dizziest heights than add a rotten mouth + sharp toungue to his Arsenal.

That's the truth. He's the best, he can talk all he wants.

Bilbo
09-24-2006, 06:53 PM
changed...try now

working now

Black Adam
09-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Roger Federer is not mr nice guy any more, stop demanding him to be it aswell. Roger Federer is neither arrogant, but definetly not humble and nice. He went over the line many times trying to say wha the really thinks. Federer fans want to try to make him sound like the nicest, most humble guy on earth and anti-fedtards (I wouldnt call them Nadaltards as they clearly hate Federer more than they like Nadal) try to make it sound like he is extremly arrogant, fake and an asshle.

Let me say this, Federer is just very honest and beeing honest he is beeing very aggresive and offending. Also it is very interesting to hear his interviews because he doesnt seem to hold back whatever it is he is thinking like he did when he was younger. His interviews are the most interesting to hear because of his strong opinions about opponents and tennis and his great knowledge of the game. I prefer this Federer than the younger, humble Federer who tried to please everyone.

Always pleasant to know one's true colours before trashing him;)
You people are so strange, you defend him but if one day a player decided to be honest and trashed Fed in Public ( big nose, ugly girlfriend e.t.c.) I can't imagine the uproar here. :rolleyes:

stebs
09-24-2006, 06:56 PM
You people are so strange, you defend him but if one day a player decided to be honest and trashed Fed in Public ( big nose, ugly girlfriend e.t.c.) I can't imagine the uproar here. :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: I can't believe you said that. Why on Earth would a player say that Federer has a big nose in an interview. I don't think anyone would mind that, it would be hilarious.

NYCtennisfan
09-24-2006, 06:56 PM

You don't really believe this, do you?

Black Adam
09-24-2006, 06:58 PM
That's the truth. He's the best, he can talk all he wants.
Fine! If we folow your logic:

George W Bush is the head of the richest country and has he best Army in the world. Since he is the best in these fields it should be normal for him to trash anyone he wants.

Seriously if everybody could do what they wanted because of what they were or had acomplished do you imagine what this world would look like???

World Beater
09-24-2006, 06:58 PM

come on...this is GM...anything goes, naivety is the way to go.

its as if you are posting here for the first time. :p

nobama
09-24-2006, 07:00 PM
It happens to lots of players but top players in particular. Not just Roger.
We tend to be more defensive perhaps about quotes being put under a microscope when it's said by a favorite player of ours but you know as well as I do that Roger's words are not the only ones to get analyzed.I know Roger's not the only one...Ivan certainly has taken his fair share and others too. But I think it's easy for all of us to say 'so and so shouldn't have said that' or 'it could have been phrased a different way'. But these guys aren't robots programmed to say the "right" thing all the time.

GlennMirnyi

Stop being a jackass. What the hell does Federer's looks and personal life has to do with his game? Is he a bad player on court? Does he call for medical assistance 12 times in a match?
Nobody can talk anything about Federer's behavious as a player, because he's flawless there.
Nobody can talk anything about his personal life because it's none of their business.
He can talk all he wants, and I don't care if he's not a nice guy. I'd prefer if he were a really arrogant guy.

Why does people always begin with that idiotic stuff: he's nose is ugly, he has a fat girfriend? What are you? 6 year-olds? Bring something about tennis into the discussions, you bunch of envious haters.

trequartista

Erm...minor clarification...he didn't "trash" anyone. :rolleyes: He called Djokovic out on unsportsmanlike behavior. Next time read the words themselves and not just everyone else's gross overreactions.

Black Adam
GlennMirnyi does beleive it not me.

GlennMirnyi
09-24-2006, 07:02 PM
Fine! If we folow your logic:

George W Bush is the head of the richest country and has he best Army in the world. Since he is the best in these fields it should be normal for him to trash anyone he wants.

Seriously if everybody could do what they wanted because of what they were or had acomplished do you imagine what this world would look like???

The world IS LIKE THAT. What is Bush doing invading countries then?

nobama
09-24-2006, 07:02 PM
You people are so strange, you defend him but if one day a player decided to be honest and trashed Fed in Public ( big nose, ugly girlfriend e.t.c.) I can't imagine the uproar here. :rolleyes:Um, Nadal said earlier this year that Roger needs to "learn how to lose". Where was the uproar here? :shrug:

Black Adam
09-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Stop being a jackass. What the hell does Federer's looks and personal life has to do with his game? Is he a bad player on court? Does he call for medical assistance 12 times in a match?
Nobody can talk anything about Federer's behavious as a player, because he's flawless there.
Nobody can talk anything about his personal life because it's none of their business.
He can talk all he wants, and I don't care if he's not a nice guy. I'd prefer if he were a really arrogant guy.

Why does people always begin with that idiotic stuff: he's nose is ugly, he has a fat girfriend? What are you? 6 year-olds? Bring something about tennis into the discussions, you bunch of envious haters.

I agree that Djoko is an ass but you guys are actually defending him trashing other players. Some comments are better if kept to yourself. No wonder why it got censored.They just realized that Roger crossed the line.

I have heard that song before.

Talk to the hand dude.

trequartista
09-24-2006, 07:05 PM
:topic:

This thread is so awesome..the longest span of time I can find between one post and another is a mere 5 minutes! :eek:

*Viva Chile*
09-24-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm not a Djokovic fan and I don't like his fake injuries time-outs, but I think it's really bad that the World number 1 player in the world called a "joke" to another player. That's really annoying and confirm my theory that Federer is not the gentle and diplomatic guy that the media try to sell us :o

And for other part, pathetic was the attitude of DC site webmasters to censored the interview... This is a document that needs to expose in every public site of internet, to show who the real Roger Federer is :mad:

oschemi
Um, Nadal said earlier this year that Roger needs to "learn how to lose". Where was the uproar here? :shrug:

In that case Nadal was right, Rogi was acting like a child and sore loser after he lost the Rome final. In this case, I agree that Novak's antics can be shady, but it was not Rogi's place to call him a joke. There are other ways to scold him. Just my two cents. Peace!
.....Then again if you think about it, why was his comment edited if there was nothing wrong with what he said??

denibas77
I'm sorry but if Federer was so honest and says what 's on his mind then he should long ago call up on Roddick onedimensional game ,but he choose not to speak about that.Federer is not honest he just plays mind games,he speaks his mind only when it's in his favor,he is never honest all the time.Peter L. was rigth about him that he never say what he means

Castafiore
09-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Um, Nadal said earlier this year that Roger needs to "learn how to lose". Where was the uproar here? :shrug:
Maybe not such a longwinded thread as this but the uproar was there in certain sections of MTF. You may have ignored that because the uproar wasn't about Fed but it was there.

But let's not get into yet another Nadal/Federer thread.

trequartista
09-24-2006, 07:08 PM
In that case Nadal was right, Rogi was acting like a child after he lost the Rome final. In this case, I agree that Novak's antics can be shady, but it was not Rogi's place to call him a joke. There are other ways to scold him. Just my two cents. Peace!So when Roger was being unsportsmanlike, it's okay to call him out, but when Djokovic is being unsportsmanlike AND abusing the rules, it's not? :shrug:

marcRD
09-24-2006, 07:09 PM
I know Roger's not the only one...Ivan certainly has taken his fair share and others too. But I think it's easy for all of us to say 'so and so shouldn't have said that' or 'it could have been phrased a different way'. But these guys aren't robots programmed to say the "right" thing all the time.

Thank god for that. I like players like Federer, Safin and Ljubicic who speak their mind always. All of us have frustations inside of us and it is better to speak it out then to hold it. Atleast it makes it all much more interesting.

Ofcourse I have my limits of tolerance aswell (Hewitt).

World Beater
09-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Maybe not such a longwinded thread as this but the uproar was there in certain sections of MTF. You may have ignored that because the uproar wasn't about Fed but it was there.

But let's not get into yet another Nadal/Federer thread.

lol...i know...i was surprised to find nobody saying anything about nalby when he started talking trash...certainly not to the level of this thread.

nobama
09-24-2006, 07:10 PM
In that case Nadal was right, Rogi was acting like a child and sore loser after he lost the Rome final. In this case, I agree that Novak's antics can be shady, but it was not Rogi's place to call him a joke. There are other ways to scold him. Just my two cents. Peace!
.....Then again if you think about it, why was his comment edited if there was nothing wrong with what he said??Nadal was right, that's your opinion, not fact. My point was I didn't see a ton of "tards" here all in an uproar over those comments. As far as Roger's comments being edited, I don't think it was right, but people are so afraid someone will be "offended" they do these ridiculous things.

GlennMirnyi
09-24-2006, 07:14 PM

Nadal's nowhere as high as Federer. Nobody takes him seriously.

Castafiore
09-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Nobody takes him seriously.
Just like you then. :)

oschemi
09-24-2006, 07:18 PM
So when Roger was being unsportsmanlike, it's okay to call him out, but when Djokovic is being unsportsmanlike AND abusing the rules, it's not? :shrug:

Clearly you misunderstood, I said there are other ways to scold him without being condescending.

Kip
You people! :haha:

First, he's too PC and just boring and then
he actually speaks his mind on something that
is not only truth but been said by many here and
in the media it's direspectfull and so un-Federer and
he's somehow wrong for saying it.

Moronic boobs! :devil: :p

Speak Roger!
He is indeed a joke!

GlennMirnyi
Just like you then. :)

A problem for you, as what I speak is hardly untrue.

Samuel
, but I think it's really bad that the World number 1 player in the world called a "joke" to another player. That's really annoying and confirm my theory that Federer is not the gentle and diplomatic guy that the media try to sell us :o

Just for correctness, he didn't say he was a joke but his injurie-break was one. That s a difference. :wavey:

But then again, even tough I am a fan of Federer. I don't like his new way of talking. I don't know why he starts making such comments. Hopefully he'll reconsider a bit more often in future. But usually If you start a habit like this it's not so easy to stop it. So I'd expect him to say similar things in future. :sad:

oschemi
You people! :haha:

First, he's too PC and just boring and then
he actually speaks his mind on something that
is not only truth but been said by many here and
in the media it's direspectfull and so un-Federer and
he's somehow wrong for saying it.

Moronic boobs! :devil: :p

Speak Roger!
He is indeed a joke!

:confused: :retard: :retard:

darnyelb
09-24-2006, 07:19 PM
"he is a joke when it comes down to his injuries..."

let's remember context, folks. This isn't as bad a comment as some of you are making it out to be.

GlennMirnyi
09-24-2006, 07:21 PM

let's remember context, folks. This isn't as bad a comment as some of you are making it out to be.

That's rafatards way of acting. Everything Roger says makes him the new antichrist.

Eden
09-24-2006, 07:24 PM

I don't think this accusation would have caused such riot here if the words haven't come from Roger ;)

DrJules
09-24-2006, 07:26 PM

You expect accurate and factual discussion on MTF. The reality of the comments do not have the same impact.

Warrior
09-24-2006, 07:32 PM
It is nothing really new. Roger is a guy who gets offended when people cheat. And most of the times he would tell how he feels about it. This time it might have been a poor choice of word, but he's certainly telling the truth.

t0x
Meh. He's a 'boring' robot one minute, then the next you think he speaks his mind a bit too much. Federer will never win, some of you people just plain don't like the guy no matter what he does/says.

I saw Djoko take one injury timeout during the match today, and he seemed to play okay after it. I didn't see the other match Djoko played so I'm not sure if he does that a lot. But if he did abuse the rules, Federer has every right to comment about it...

Naranoc
Yes, Federer can say whatever he wants, but no, it doesn't make me like him anymore than I used to.

Example of a response by Nadal that I found refreshing and not arrogant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMFOIarW-48

If Federer fans don't mind that, fair enough. Personally, I think his play is amazing, but I just loose interest when he gets off the court, simply because of statements like this :shrug:

Vass
09-24-2006, 07:33 PM
even if federer called him a joke the federer fans would claim he was just being friendly and calling him "Djoke"

World Beater
09-24-2006, 07:39 PM
Yes, Federer can say whatever he wants, but no, it doesn't make me like him anymore than I used to.

Example of a response by Nadal that I found refreshing and not arrogant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMFOIarW-48

If Federer fans don't mind that, fair enough. Personally, I think his play is amazing, but I just loose interest when he gets off the court, simply because of statements like this :shrug:

great response

i think the "oh yes" was confirmation of what he heard in english

rexman
09-24-2006, 07:44 PM
Speaking of that incident, I just looked at the stats from that match, and I see what Novak was talking about. He was the one dictating. He had more than 2x as many winners as Rafael. I like how the press changed his words from "I was controlling, was dependant on me" to "I had the match under control" Way different meanings there.

Anyhow, kinda disappointing remark from Roger, and didn't he say a similiar remark after Nalbandian retired at the French, saying he wouldn't have retired if he'd been winning?

star
09-24-2006, 07:46 PM

My goodness, hasn't everyone thought that? When you see the photographs of Roger pouting like a baby in the trophy presentations, anyone with eve a sliver of a brain would think that he needs to learn how to lose.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me too much that Roger said these things. I've never thought he was a paragon of virtue as some Federer fans would like to believe. I find Roger's patting his own back and blowing his own horn more offensive than these remarks. I think his comments were born out of the heat of the battle and sometimes players let their asses overload their mouths in those situations -- even Roger.

Or.... who knows? Maybe Roger is taking lessons from his great admirer and friend, Ljubijic. :lol: :lol:

R.Federer
09-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Hah!
All of you who thought Roger gave the "p.c." talk in his interviews and was boring, be happy now. He spoke his mind (and what a lot of others think, too, about Novak). What did Nole think? His many "injury" timeouts and critical junctures are going to go unnoticed? He had it coming ...... ;)

World Beater
09-24-2006, 07:47 PM
My goodness, hasn't everyone thought that? When you see the photographs of Roger pouting like a baby in the trophy presentations, anyone with eve a sliver of a brain would think that he needs to learn how to lose.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me too much that Roger said these things. I've never thought he was a paragon of virtue as some Federer fans would like to believe. I find Roger's patting his own back and blowing his own horn more offensive than these remarks. I think his comments were born out of the heat of the battle and sometimes players let their asses overload their mouths in those situations -- even Roger.

Or.... who knows? Maybe Roger is taking lessons from his great admirer and friend, Ljubijic. :lol: :lol:

the pouty face, that belongs to rafa :D it so cute, maybe we can see it more often.

lucashg
09-24-2006, 07:50 PM
This thread is a joke.

If Roger and others who have called Djokovic out on his strange injuries are sure of what they're saying, then it's fine and the media, the ATP and whoever will get to Djokovic, but if they're not, I think that's clearly unfair and light-headed of him to accuse without actual proof. He can believe whatever he wants, but he can't go on accusing Djokovic in the media because of his own perceptions. I mean, he can, but he will get what he deserves for it, which is, negative responses. However, in this case, we've come to realize that Roger and all the other players who have complained about Djokovic, do have a point on the matter, even if they sounded too harsh. :p

And adee-gee is such a joke. Even from his interviews a couple of years back you could always see him being genuine and sincere in his answers, but avoiding some controversion which he clearly has started to get involved into this year. Mind you, most of them are actually fairly reasonable topics just blown out of proportion because it's The Fed. I don't know what can be considered false about his image, really. He's afterall a nice guy, not as humble as some wish and others think, but pretty much down-to-earth. He speaks his mind and his on-court behavior is pretty much flawless, plus he works hard for his sport on and off the court. What else do you haters want? :retard:

Corey Feldman
whoa, what has been happening..... i like djoko, but what fed said... well its only what everyone else knows about novak anyway.
i take it Swiss won this tie then?

I find Roger's patting his own back and blowing his own horn more offensive than these remarks.yes, its fucking disgraceful when he does that isnt it

:retard:

star
I don't think this accusation would have caused such riot here if the words haven't come from Roger ;)

Oh please. If they had come from Roddick or Coria or Lleyton, there would have been a firestorm. We would have heard from the same people defending Federer about how horrible they were and maybe even a word or two to contrast the saintly Federer with their scurulous behavior.

lordmanji
wow...some of these anti fed comments are really out of touch. fed has perfect reason to say that knowing djokovich's history of reacting to injuries in his matches, see: his match vs monfils at the us open a couple yrs ago. whats more laughable is that whereas the monfils match was a five setter, now djokovich is even faking it in three setters. perhaps hes not faking it though but he does need some serious mental help if hes not. fed just told it like it is.

R.Federer
09-24-2006, 07:52 PM

And which player is it that smiles like a hyena in runners up position? :lol:
Very, very few. Only the ones who were so delighted to reach the final that even playing the final was the trophy for them.
I'm glad Roger hasn't had too many opportunities to "learn how to lose" ;)

star
09-24-2006, 07:52 PM
whoa, what has been happening..... i like djoko, but what fed said... well its only what everyone else knows about novak anyway.
i take it Swiss won this tie then?

yes, its fucking disgraceful when he does that isnt it

If you like it, fine. Everyone has different tastes. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

But, as Adam says, you'd like murder if Roger was the one holding the knife.

star
09-24-2006, 07:53 PM
And which player is it that smiles like a hyena in runners up position? :lol:
Very, very few. Only the ones who were so delighted to reach the final that even playing the final was the trophy for them.
I'm glad Roger hasn't had too many opportunities to "learn how to lose" ;)

I'm not talking about "smiling like a hyena." But there's a difference between being polite and disappointed and pouting and sulking.

World Beater
09-24-2006, 07:54 PM
If you like it, fine. Everyone has different tastes. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

But, as Adam says, you'd like murder if Roger was the one holding the knife.

sure...and cheating is against the rules...doping, coaching, anything...for me this is far worse that answering questions about your greatness...but like you say different tastes

Corey Feldman
09-24-2006, 07:56 PM
the pouty face, that belongs to rafa :D it so cute, maybe we can see it more often.http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7519/montagemae2io.png
when i win a slam that no on clay, no?

Naranoc
yes, its fucking disgraceful when he does that isnt it

Don't go overboard :rolleyes:, he has a point. Statements like 'I led the team to victory' are just unecessary, even if they are true. Though the hype around him is justified, toning down the self-praise just a tad wouldn't go amiss.

*Viva Chile*
Is it because the all media wants to sell us an icon image of Roger that doesn't exist. And of course every accusation or affirmation that sounds of a person that is suppose to be an example for his sportsmanship will only confirm that he's only like an other common person and not the majestuosity that all the media talk and try to impose to us. I'm not saying that Fed is bad person or something, only that he's just a guy with much talent and good things about his personality, but he's only a common guy, with many defects that are not bad to expose to the people to know who is the guy in a real way.

star
the pouty face, that belongs to rafa :D it so cute, maybe we can see it more often.

I would imagine Nadal is cute when he pouts, but I've never seen him pout in defeat. :hatoff:

I'm sure many many Federer fans think Federer looks divine when he pouts. Saintly even. :)

World Beater
09-24-2006, 07:57 PM
I would imagine Nadal is cute when he pouts, but I've never seen him pout in defeat. :hatoff:

I'm sure many many Federer fans think Federer looks divine when he pouts. Saintly even. :)

you want evidence?

i can give you some

lets see you show a picture of federer pouting...disappointed, of course.

R.Federer
I'm not talking about "smiling like a hyena." But there's a difference between being polite and disappointed and pouting and sulking.
Someone posted all the pictures of the winner/runner up of each slam this year, after the USO. Did you see that? Each runner up looked the same-- disappointed and unsmiling. Nadal, Federer and Roddick (Marcos might be a slight exception).

Of course, what looks disappointing to a fan would look like "pouting and sulking" to someone who dislikes the player.

lucashg
I find Roger's patting his own back and blowing his own horn more offensive than these remarks.

Ouch. Some time down the road I hope he REALLY starts doing that so I can see what the haters' reaction will be... :eek: :tape:

star
09-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Is it because the all media wants to sell us an icon image of Roger that doesn't exist. And of course every accusation or affirmation that sounds of a person that is suppose to be an example for his sportsmanship will only confirm that he's only like an other common person and not the majestuosity that all the media talk and try to impose to us. I'm not saying that Fed is bad person or something, only that he's just a guy with much talent and good things about his personality, but he's only a common guy, with many defects that are not bad to expose to the people to know who is the guy in a real way.

:clap2:

muniu
09-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Wąsata kurwa:mad:
Federer you pewna siebie kurwo I hope you'll dead at Masters bitch :mad: ulzyło mni :D
Do fanó Fed-Exa :lol: :lol: bitch
To jest wkret do upy bez wazeliny

star
09-24-2006, 07:59 PM
Ouch. Some time down the road I hope he REALLY starts doing that so I can see what the haters' reaction will be... :eek: :tape:

He just did it. I think you can see the reaction by some to it here in this thread. :)

Corey Feldman
09-24-2006, 08:00 PM
If you like it, fine. Everyone has different tastes. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.to me, he isnt doing that - blowing his own trumpet... he is just stating the obvious, of course a terrific Fed hater like you would say the opposit.

Castafiore
09-24-2006, 08:00 PM

you guys are too much! You're discussing "pouts" now?
:cuckoo: