Federer: "Djokovic has a longer way to go than Murray and Gasquet!" [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

Federer: "Djokovic has a longer way to go than Murray and Gasquet!"

Pages : 1 [2]

scoobs
08-12-2007, 10:20 PM
You´re truly a gem :lol:
That's true, I am :)

star
08-12-2007, 10:21 PM
I don't think it's quite as mercenary as that - I think he just prefer's Gasquet's brand of tennis, aesthetically.

Yeah. The aesthetic is in the number of trophies Federer could have on display. :) :) :):

Rafa = Fed Killa
08-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Similar as Nadal Djokovic plays for the kill and not for the game, Fed doesn't like that breed

Nadal & Djoko play tennis how it should be played. Dont just beat your opponent, crush him physically and mentally.

star
08-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Similar as Nadal Djokovic plays for the kill and not for the game, Fed doesn't like that breed

No shit. That's the kind of player who beats him.

World Beater
08-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Yes, but that's because of his mind and not his talent. I've seen him play some brillian tennis, but somehow there's that little bit lacking. You know Federer had that problem early in his career too, but he managed to overcome it. He said all the time that his problem was that he lacked self belief. (selbstvertrauen)

i also think that nadal and djoko are superior athletes at this point too. federer is also an amazing athlete. But im not sure gasquet is.

scoobs
08-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Nadal & Djoko play tennis how it should be played. Dont just beat your opponent, crush him physically and mentally.
I think there's room for tennis that looks pretty and for tennis that's effective. I prefer when you get both, but I'm an admirer of players like Nadal who GET IT DONE regardless of how good it looks, and players like Gasquet who, while headcases who may never reach the very top, on the day play glorious shots that look amazing from a technical and aesthetic point of view.

guy in sf
08-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Well it did take Nole longer to beat Federer than Gasquet or Murray so in that sense, Fed was right. I do think that at the time when he made that statement, Murray and Gasquet had already done more than Nole but saying "a long way" was probably an exaggeration.

DDrago2
08-12-2007, 10:26 PM

not necesarily so Nalby was owning him but Fed kind of liked him

It's rather because they are so unlike him

scoobs
08-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Well it did take Nole longer to beat Federer than Gasquet or Murray so in that sense, Fed was right. I do think that at the time when he made that statement, Murray and Gasquet had already done more than Nole but saying "a long way" was probably an exaggeration.
Well you know, English is not his first language so...

:devil:

richie21
08-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Yeah. Richie is a beautiful player. I hope he reaches his potential one day.

Doesn't this just go to show that so much of tennis at the top level is mental. To me, Richie has every thing he needs except for the mentality. I'd love to see him with the self confidence and determination that Djokovic and Nadal have.

Sadly not.
Nowadays,the players who dominate have all a huge forehand.....and that's not Richie's case(actually his forehand is really crap).
He won t win anything if he doesn t improve that shot,mark my words.......to improve his forehand and make it a top 50 level forehand must be his absolute priority in the years to come.

DDrago2

not necesarily so
Nalby used to own him but Fed kind of liked him

He feels antypathy for them simply because they are rather unlike him. It's matter of taste

star
I think there's room for tennis that looks pretty and for tennis that's effective. I prefer when you get both, but I'm an admirer of players like Nadal who GET IT DONE regardless of how good it looks, and players like Gasquet who, while headcases who may never reach the very top, on the day play glorious shots that look amazing from a technical and aesthetic point of view.

Yeah. I kind of agree with that. I'll always love Malisse even though he's never going to be a top player just because of a few brilliant moments he's given me. And he's such a sweetheart to fans.

I've seen Gasquet play some gorgeous tennis and I'm greatful to him for that. I'm also grateful that he's a headcase so players I like better can beat him. :lol: :lol:

natasha_nana
i sort of agree with this. he compliments nadal and djokovic much less than say, gasquet. i think he views the former two as more of a threat to his supremacy and with just cause. i'd do the same thing federer does, if i was in his shoes...you can't rain compliments on your biggest threats.

No the reason he compliments Gasquet more is because he likes his style of play more...as Gasquet like Roger plays the beautiful game.

I think he compliments Rafa fine...if there is one thing I love about both Roger and Rafa is the amount of regard they have for eachother, they both always make it very clear.

Rafa = Fed Killa
08-12-2007, 10:28 PM

I prefer watching matches of players like Nadal.

I prefer watching highlights of players like Gasquet.

scoobs
08-12-2007, 10:29 PM
I prefer watching matches of players like Nadal.

I prefer watching highlights of players like Gasquet.
that's an interesting distinction - I can see the point :)

star
08-12-2007, 10:29 PM
i also think that nadal and djoko are superior athletes at this point too. federer is also an amazing athlete. But im not sure gasquet is.

You might be right about that. Gasquet might be just a notch below. He asks a lot from his little stubby legs.

star
08-12-2007, 10:30 PM
No the reason he compliments Gasquet more is because he likes his style of play more...as Gasquet like Roger plays the beautiful game.

I think he compliments Rafa fine...if there is one thing I love about both Roger and Rafa is the amount of regard they have for eachother, they both always make it very clear.

Right......... That's why Roger called Nadal "one-dimensional."

silverwhite
08-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Clearly, Federer isn't allowed to have an opinion or a change of heart. :shrug:

Sadly not.
Nowadays,the players who dominate have all a huge forehand.....and that's not Richie's case(actually his forehand is really crap).
He won t win anything if he doesn t improve that shot,mark my words.......to improve his forehand and make it a top 50 level forehand must be his absolute priority in the years to come.

Please air your grievances in the right forum. Thanks. :zzz:

richie21
08-12-2007, 10:32 PM

if you hadn t noted ,this thread is talking about Gasquet (and other players):o

star
08-12-2007, 10:32 PM

If you think Nalbandian is a player with a stong mind that goes for the kill........

Nalbandian isn't a player who can threaten Roger on a consistent basis.

Rafa = Fed Killa
08-12-2007, 10:33 PM
that's an interesting distinction - I can see the point :)

Thank You :D

silverwhite
08-12-2007, 10:35 PM
if you hadn t noted ,this thread is talking about Gasquet (and other players):o

No. It's about Federer and Djokovic (and other players). :)

star
08-12-2007, 10:36 PM

sure he is. and others are allowed to express their opinions about his opinions. :) :)

My goodness, you got up on the bossy side of the bed this morning. We'd been having a nice chat about Gasquet and others pretty much without acrimony to this point. Sorry we offended your sense of order. :p

World Beater
08-12-2007, 10:37 PM

:haha:

joke of the century.

federer hated nalbandian. And david loved to rub it in.

silverwhite
08-12-2007, 10:38 PM
If you think Nalbandian is a player with a stong mind that goes for the kill........

Nalbandian isn't a player who can threaten Roger on a consistent basis.

At the time, Nalbandian led the H2H 6-1 so yes, I think Roger thought he could threaten him on a consistent basis.

star
08-12-2007, 10:40 PM
At the time, Nalbandian led the H2H 6-1 so yes, I think Roger thought he could threaten him on a consistent basis.

As many others have pointed out, that was before Federer became Federer.

I'm talking about the present and not the past.

silverwhite
08-12-2007, 10:41 PM
sure he is. and others are allowed to express their opinions about his opinions. :) :)

My goodness, you got up on the bossy side of the bed this morning. We'd been having a nice chat about Gasquet and others pretty much without acrimony to this point. Sorry we offended your sense of order. :p

Looks like someone has some grievances of her own. :lol:

I only pointed it out because it has become somewhat of a habit for richie21 in GM. :)

silverwhite
08-12-2007, 10:43 PM
As many others have pointed out, that was before Federer became Federer.

I'm talking about the present and not the past.

Right. The quote you responded to was, "Nalby was owning him but Fed kind of liked him". Which part of this indicates that the poster was referring to a period other than "before Federer became Federer"?

star
08-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Looks like someone has some grievances of her own. :lol:

I only pointed it out because it has become somewhat of a habit for richie21 in GM. :)

Who cares? At least he's talking about tennis in an intelligent and pleasant manner. I don't think anyone who was in on the converstaion minded his contributions in the least.... well, at least not utill you came along.

star
08-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Right. The quote you responded to was, "Nalby was owning him but Fed kind of liked him". Which part of this indicates that the poster was referring to a period other than "before Federer became Federer"?

The argumentative as well as the bossy side of the bed.

:hatoff: Ciao.

It was fun talking to all of you, but I'm off to work! seeya

silverwhite
08-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Who cares? At least he's talking about tennis in an intelligent and pleasant manner. I don't think anyone who was in on the converstaion minded his contributions in the least.... well, at least not utill you came along.

Some would beg to differ but of course, if you find his posts intelligent and pleasant (which I have to say I sometimes do), feel free to pop by the Gasquet forum for more. :D

my0118
08-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Some would beg to differ but of course, if you find his posts intelligent and pleasant (which I have to say I sometimes do), feel free to pop by the Gasquet forum for more. :D

OMG :haha:

richie21
08-12-2007, 10:55 PM

thanks for the compliment ;)
Anyway,i don t care if people like or don t like what i'm saying in this forum..... i'm just speaking my mind.

amierin
08-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Didn't Roger once call Djokovic a joke? I remember seeing a thread about it here.

my0118
08-12-2007, 11:00 PM
thanks for the compliment ;)
Anyway,i don t care if people like or don t like what i'm saying in this forum..... i'm just speaking my mind.

Yeah, you can say anything, and I also think you're quite right in some ways.
But don't try to force your mind on ours opinion with saying assertively "no", "funnily enough" or like that. you can just simply say "I think" or "I don't think"

Rumour
08-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Here's a simple analogy:

There are many cars in a rally race but the focus is on four - lets call their drivers D, G, F and M ;) Car F is far and away the best performer and has over an extended time beaten the competition comprehensively (other than top rival N, but that's another story). However, G and M have had impressive performances and even beaten F in a lap or two on certain occassions. Car D has all the parts to do well but, at that particular point in time i.e. late in Leg 06 - has not fully lived up to potential and yet again loses to Driver F.

Given their track record to date, driver F when asked honestly replies that D is trailing further than G or M, who have both been able to make up some ground and time on the runaway leader. In the meantime, D makes adjustments to his vehicle - tweaks the engine, adds fuel etc. - and with more experience starts to execute better on strategy as well. At the start of the 07 leg, Car D gets off to a quick start and keeps accelerating while Car G mostly chugs along in fits and starts and M has a breakdown.

Finally, Driver D has F in his sights and, after managing to pull even on one occassion only to be beaten at the line, finally manages to overtake the favourite at the next chequered flag. Does the fact that D managed to overtake G and M in 07 make what F said in 06 disparaging or even wrong? Driver D simply managed to travel a further distance in a quicker time than most expected - mainly on his own merits but also due to the favourite easing his foot off the pedal ever so slightly.

Deivid23
08-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Here's a simple analogy:

There are many cars in a rally race but the focus is on four - lets call their drivers D, G, F and M ;) Car F is far and away the best performer and has over an extended time beaten the competition comprehensively (other than top rival N, but that's another story). However, G and M have had impressive performances and even beaten F in a lap or two on certain occassions. Car D has all the parts to do well but, at that particular point in time i.e. late in Leg 06 - has not fully lived up to potential and yet again loses to Driver F.

Given their track record to date, driver F when asked honestly replies that D is trailing further than G or M, who have both been able to make up some ground and time on the runaway leader. In the meantime, D makes adjustments to his vehicle - tweaks the engine, adds fuel etc. - and with more experience starts to execute better on strategy as well. At the start of the 07 leg, Car D gets off to a quick start and keeps accelerating while Car G mostly chugs along in fits and starts and M has a breakdown.

Finally, Driver D has F in his sights and, after managing to pull even on one occassion only to be beaten at the line, finally manages to overtake the favourite at the next chequered flag. Does the fact that D managed to overtake G and M in 07 make what F said in 06 disparaging or even wrong? Driver D simply managed to travel a further distance in a quicker time than most expected - mainly on his own merits but also due to the favourite easing his foot off the pedal ever so slightly.

This one has definetely put me into sleep mode :zzz: Night all

soraya
08-12-2007, 11:29 PM
I am always amazed at how much confusion and debate Fed's words generate. Regardless of what he said, I think that Nole is not far behind and he proved to be in the same league if not better than Richie and Murray. He is the # 3 in the world and worked hard to get there. Fed may not like him because of his earlier statements and poor sportmanship, but these days are over. Nole has matured to a fine young man/player and it is good to have him in the mix.

Baghdatis72
08-13-2007, 12:23 AM
Well back then Djokovic looked to be further away compared to Murray and Gasquet but his improvement was phenomenal and he caught almost everyone by surprise :D

Actually there were many experts and fans who saw Novak's talent early on and predicted that he would become a top player but the mental factor and the breathing problems were always a subject that worried many. This year he proved that mentally he found the solution and also his breathing problems have gone.

Federer made a somewhat sensible prediction and he was wrong this time.

richie21
08-13-2007, 12:38 AM
Federer made a somewhat sensible prediction and he was wrong this time.

Actually,it wasn t even a prediction,it was more a report from himself: at that time,he thought that Djokovic would have a longer way to go than Murray and especially Gasquet (and i agreed with him back then)......that doesn t mean he thought that Murray and Gasquet would have a better career than Djokovic. ;)

Baghdatis72
08-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Actually,it wasn t even a prediction,it was more a report from himself: at that time,he thought that Djokovic would have a longer way to go than Murray and especially Gasquet (and i agreed with him back then)......that doesn t mean he thought that Murray adn Gasquet would have a better career than Djokovic. ;)

True ;)

DDrago2
08-13-2007, 01:00 AM
Fed was far from being the only one to underestimate Djokovic. His success still keeps surprising people. It;s maybe 'cause he looks green a bit and like he has no major weapons.
But this season he just keeps on winning I'd say there is some mystique about his fast uprisal

Baghdatis72
08-13-2007, 01:07 AM
Fed was far from being the only one to underestimate Djokovic. His success still keeps surprising people. It;s maybe 'cause he looks green a bit and like he has no major weapons.
But this season he just keeps on winning I'd say there is some mystique about his fast uprisal

He really believes in himself and takes life more cheerfully than most players. I think that must have something to do with it.

Tennis Fool
08-13-2007, 01:13 AM
The wrist injury actually messed up Murray's projectary. Who knows how far behind he would be if he'd played this summer. He and Nole might have been battling it out now for No. 3 :shrug:

scoobs
08-13-2007, 01:14 AM
The wrist injury actually messed up Murray's projectary. Who knows how far behind he would be if he'd played this summer. He and Nole might have been battling it out now for No. 3 :shrug:
Murray's been set back 9 months to a year by this. Bad timing and taking a long time to heal fully.

Oh well, shit happens.

Forehander
08-13-2007, 03:39 AM
People misunderstand what he said. Federer's not wrong at the time. He was just judging from the hidden potentials of the players. Plus Djokovic just won one tournament and not even number one yet. what's the big fuss? We'll see what happens in the future.

darnyelb
08-13-2007, 04:59 AM
I can't believe this thread's still being brought up as if to prove something against Federer. Oy.

Allez
09-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Both of these guys will be out to prove a thing or two today. It's going to be riveting stuff :bounce:

Byrd
09-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Murray will get there sooner than later, however theres still a question mark next to gasquet.

adee-gee
09-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Federer is going to eat so much humble pie if he loses :lol:

He tries to play it down by giving Djoko some credit nowadays, but it's pretty clear he hates him still.

gjalex
09-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Default Re: Federer: "Djokovic has a longer way to go than Murray and Gasquet!"

At the time he said it, its a fair statement. Not anymore.

Eden
09-09-2007, 10:44 AM
At the time he said it, its a fair statement. Not anymore.

Yes and Roger has already mentioned Djokovics improvement.

I really don't know why a statement from Roger from some time ago is always brought up whilst he several times has said since then what kind of good player Novak has become.

scoobs
09-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Time to change this thread title to:

"I can only be impressed by his performances," said Federer. "At this young age, I never did results like this.
"He has had a great run, really improved his game. He has done a great job the last six months to a year now.
"He has been playing fantastic tennis. It's definitely going to be exciting."

Adler
09-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Looks like someone did a serious job to dig out all these Fed on Djoko threads...

silverwhite
09-09-2007, 10:54 AM
http://www.tedmichener.com/images/deadhorse.jpg

rexman
09-09-2007, 03:09 PM
It actually wasn't a fair statement when he said it either. Djokovic was the highest ranked and the next weak would beat both Gasquet and Murray.

hra87
09-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Time to change this thread title to:

"I can only be impressed by his performances," said Federer. "At this young age, I never did results like this.
"He has had a great run, really improved his game. He has done a great job the last six months to a year now.
"He has been playing fantastic tennis. It's definitely going to be exciting."

How about "Similar to Davydenko, just with a better serve, it seems to me."

Which sounds spot on, by the way.

Corey Feldman
09-26-2007, 05:48 PM
What is the big fuss

lets see which of them win a Grand Slam first, that is really making it

Djokotards going on about Federer's opinion as if he was wrong :retard:'s

ezekiel
09-29-2007, 12:32 AM
Oh this is going to be interesting. Jess, the Biggest Djokovic fan on MTF doesn't find the statement offensive.

But, individuals, who don't give two fiddles about Djokovic, find the statement offensive :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thank you for recognizing , Jess is the biggest shill on this forum :mad:

Just to summarize , this person says that she is fan of Novak Djokovic when she tells that Gasquet and Murray among others are better than him, she agreed with Federer when he called him a "joke" and the rest of it , she was very enthusiastic about him "becoming british" when the story was totally ficticious , she says that she "cheeres" for serbian players because of their "style" not their game despite being a member of the most serbophobic party in the western world and having no connection to serbia whatsoever and being generally hostile to serbian posters as well .

She says all these things without corroborating on any of them, banking on the supposed credibility of being a moderator of Nole's forum . This and many other instances is why she is the biggest shill on this forum and unfortunatelly and inexplicably a moderator of Djokovic forum but I have been onto her for this and despite her banning me just as I started to find out these things , it didn't stop me and some posters have already pointed her odd statements and attitudes. Bottom line is that she uses this forum to undermine Novak Djokovic by purporting to be his fan and being moderator she succeeds in that largely

ezekiel
09-29-2007, 12:36 AM
What is the big fuss

lets see which of them win a Grand Slam first, that is really making it

Djokotards going on about Federer's opinion as if he was wrong :retard:'s

You are not serious , you are just trying to be funny :lol: :silly:

or is your scottish pride hurt ? come on , it's not so bad being #2 from 1987 generation

savesthedizzle
09-29-2007, 12:41 AM
ezekiel. wtf are you talking about?

I was not excited about him becoming British. You have absolutely no recognition for sarcasm. Some of us don't take every single statement so seriously. We knew he wasn't going to be British so we joked about it. Do you ever laugh or have fun with things? I don't think you do. That's truly sad.

WHAT DOES ME BEING A DEMOCRAT HAVE FUCK TO DO WITH SERBIA? Holy crap that is the most ridiculous crap. Do you realize there are more important things in my political life than Serbia? Maybe I care more about the war in Iraq, a woman's right to choose, education and the American economy. I do not vote based on my party's stance on SERBIA. Get that through your incredibly thick and ignorant skull.

I have absolutely NEVER SAID that I didn't like the Serbians games. I do like their games. Girls are complex creatures ezekiel, not that I expect you to understand, I'm sure you've never been near a woman. But we are capable of thinking someone is good looking and a good tennis player simultaneously. It doesn't have to be one or the other. I love Viktor for his game. I love Janko for his game and I love Nole for his game.

I know a whole lot of posters who think you are a moron. Should I corroborate that for you with other sources?

Dude lighten up and have some fun once in a while, your outlook on life might be a bit less dismal.

Also let me address the issue of my quote in your signature. I said that statement in January of this year. When Novak had 0 big wins to his name and Murray had wins against Hewitt, Roddick and yes, Federer himself. I think MOST people did not foresee what a crappy injury-ridden year he'd have and I think MANY people thought he was more prepared to take on the top players. Nole at the beginning of the year kept losing to Youzhny. Excuse me for thinking Murray may have reached #1 first. That does not make me any less of a fan of Novak. It makes me realistic and not a crazed lunatic like you.

Corey Feldman
09-29-2007, 12:43 AM
I was being serious.

reading this thread, some ppl would think Nole had already won 5 slams and Federer should bow down and beg forgiveness of Sharapova's BF and his parents, Richard and Oracene.

Corey Feldman
09-29-2007, 12:45 AM
Yeah Jess!
kick his ass!!

:p

Lee
09-29-2007, 12:46 AM
Please stop embarrassing yourself, ezekiel! :o

savesthedizzle
09-29-2007, 12:50 AM
Generally hostile to Serbian posters? Get a clue :rolleyes:

You're the only person on all of MTF I'm hostile toward.

NYCtennisfan
09-29-2007, 01:06 AM
Yep ezekiel, savestheday is a shill and a fake Djoko fan. She only spends her money traveling to see the guy play and suports him win or lose.

NYCtennisfan
09-29-2007, 01:08 AM
thank you for recognizing , Jess is the biggest shill on this forum :mad:

Just to summarize , this person says that she is fan of Novak Djokovic when she tells that Gasquet and Murray among others are better than him, she agreed with Federer when he called him a "joke" and the rest of it , she was very enthusiastic about him "becoming british" when the story was totally ficticious , she says that she "cheeres" for serbian players because of their "style" not their game despite being a member of the most serbophobic party in the western world and having no connection to serbia whatsoever and being generally hostile to serbian posters as well .

She says all these things without corroborating on any of them, banking on the supposed credibility of being a moderator of Nole's forum . This and many other instances is why she is the biggest shill on this forum and unfortunatelly and inexplicably a moderator of Djokovic forum but I have been onto her for this and despite her banning me just as I started to find out these things , it didn't stop me and some posters have already pointed her odd statements and attitudes. Bottom line is that she uses this forum to undermine Novak Djokovic by purporting to be his fan and being moderator she succeeds in that largely

Surely the post of the year. Djoko's dad needs meds pronto.

Corey Feldman
09-29-2007, 01:25 AM
she was very enthusiastic about him "becoming british" when the story was totally ficticious Same ppl who must have made the story about Nadal coming to his birthday party.

Byrd
09-29-2007, 01:25 AM
ezekiek still banned from the djokovic forum?, if he is, what a tool :haha:

Corey Feldman
09-29-2007, 01:52 AM
Ahhh, that explains a few things ;)

R.Federer
09-29-2007, 03:19 AM

I was not excited about him becoming British. You have absolutely no recognition for sarcasm. Some of us don't take every single statement so seriously. We knew he wasn't going to be British so we joked about it. Do you ever laugh or have fun with things? I don't think you do. That's truly sad.

WHAT DOES ME BEING A DEMOCRAT HAVE FUCK TO DO WITH SERBIA? Holy crap that is the most ridiculous crap. Do you realize there are more important things in my political life than Serbia? Maybe I care more about the war in Iraq, a woman's right to choose, education and the American economy. I do not vote based on my party's stance on SERBIA. Get that through your incredibly thick and ignorant skull.

I have absolutely NEVER SAID that I didn't like the Serbians games. I do like their games. Girls are complex creatures ezekiel, not that I expect you to understand, I'm sure you've never been near a woman. But we are capable of thinking someone is good looking and a good tennis player simultaneously. It doesn't have to be one or the other. I love Viktor for his game. I love Janko for his game and I love Nole for his game.

I know a whole lot of posters who think you are a moron. Should I corroborate that for you with other sources?

Dude lighten up and have some fun once in a while, your outlook on life might be a bit less dismal.

Also let me address the issue of my quote in your signature. I said that statement in January of this year. When Novak had 0 big wins to his name and Murray had wins against Hewitt, Roddick and yes, Federer himself. I think MOST people did not foresee what a crappy injury-ridden year he'd have and I think MANY people thought he was more prepared to take on the top players. Nole at the beginning of the year kept losing to Youzhny. Excuse me for thinking Murray may have reached #1 first. That does not make me any less of a fan of Novak. It makes me realistic and not a crazed lunatic like you.

Can I make this whole thing my signature?

ezekiel
09-29-2007, 06:51 AM

don't play innocent now, I deal with people who act that way and they do that only as a way to cop out, you are far more smarter than that . I work security awhile now , I am licensed , I went through courses and exams and you are not the only person who tries to insult me or play innocent that way, I deal with these types every week on location and in courts

[QUOTE=savestheday91;6073969]I was not excited about him becoming British. You have absolutely no recognition for sarcasm. Some of us don't take every single statement so seriously. We knew he wasn't going to be British so we joked about it. Do you ever laugh or have fun with things? I don't think you do. That's truly sad.

There is time to laugh and that time is to laugh at someone who is always wrong like you. That's very funny how your every prognotication is dead wrong as far as Novak Djokovic at least yet you never admit to anything or change your stance. You should laugh at yourself first before advising others

You are not sarcastic, there is an absolute consistency in your posts unless your entire presence and personality is sarcastic . I think you are trying to sell happy go lucky attitude as a way to push your agenda which I suspect is to undermine Novak Djokovic. Why you do that is a mystery insofar as I can't completelly prove it yet but clues are everywhere.

Now you are talking . Let's see , you have absolutelly no connection to Serbia and yet you claim to be "cheering" for all of these players. When I confronted you as to why are a fan of Nole since you obviously don't think much of him as a player since you agreed with Federer and compared him unfavourably to just about anyone , you couldn't say anything. As for democrats, as I am sure you know they built their foreign policy on the balkans and against serbia. I have read and heard speeches from highest "democrats" that would hitler blush with the nationalistic rhetoric. There is much more to be said here but that would be seriously off topic especially laughable notion of democrats on iraq

That's funny how now you love them all yet when I asked you why are you a fan of Nole after another of your posts belittling him , all you said was "style" which was an obvious cop out. Ok you think he is "hot" but as for tennis you have always made it clear you think much less of him and this isn't some pessimistic outlook, or playing devil's advocate or what not, you have always presented him in a negative light with whomever he was compared and in whatever context. As for the women's remarks, sorry but I go for feminine types

I care for being right and I can claim to be almost always right like you are always wrong . As for being liked or not, I don't know about that , there was this thug who spit on me when I arrested him awhile ago and he didn't like me for that but he is now in jail for good and I got a bonus so no I do not care for being liked or disliked or labeled names as long as I am right and when I am not I can admit it , can you ?

Dude ? Yeah right
I have enough fun right now but life is not all fun and as you grow up you will learn that or not . There is always time for fun but things like truthfulness, integrity and quality take more time and those are qualities I admire in others.

You called Novak Djokovic a "joke' like Federer, hello ???
Murray was never better than him, they were equal for sometime. Nole came earlier on his own work not the wildcards. How can you be realistic when you claimed and still claim they are all better than him ? In what type of mindset is rank 19 better than rank 3?

ezekiel
09-29-2007, 07:06 AM
Yep ezekiel, savestheday is a shill and a fake Djoko fan. She only spends her money traveling to see the guy play and suports him win or lose.

spends money ?

We are talking about tennis that attracts a fair share of shady individuals posing as fans and they all spend money . I don't care if someone is a fan because of looks or the game or something else but if they act suspicious then we should ask questions. Like I work security and I act nice and polite until I see something suspicious and then you have to ask questions and proceed further.

ezekiel
09-29-2007, 07:08 AM
ezekiek still banned from the djokovic forum?, if he is, what a tool :haha:

I can't help it and I am not keen anymore on that , so what ?

ezekiel
09-29-2007, 07:09 AM
Same ppl who must have made the story about Nadal coming to his birthday party.

similar types probably yes

scoobs
09-29-2007, 07:25 AM
I guess we were due for another crazed ezekiel rant.

I find it hilarious he's been banned from Nole's forum for being too wacko ;)

elessar
09-29-2007, 08:17 AM
I find it hilarious he's been banned from Nole's forum for being too wacko ;)

As for me I find it completely normal! The guy is absolutely unreal with RFK or GM you know they're just trolling with this guy I'm having real doubts...:bolt:

trixtah
09-29-2007, 08:30 AM
blah blah

why are you so fucking defensive? Grow up...

q-q-q-q-q-druple ppppost

cooooombo breaker!

thrust
09-29-2007, 10:21 AM
If Roger really said this, then he has a blinding hate for Novak. What has Gasquet or Murray accomplished this past season? I cannot believe Roger would make such a foolish statement.

explicit
09-29-2007, 10:29 AM
If Roger really said this, then he has a blinding hate for Novak. What has Gasquet or Murray accomplished this past season? I cannot believe Roger would make such a foolish statement.

He said it a year ago.

thrust
09-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Well I should learn to read more posts and not initially believe the headlines-lol!! Novak got to a Slam final, I doubt that Gasquet or Murray ever will.

explicit
09-29-2007, 10:40 AM
I think (hope) they will reach a GS final (and maybe even win it), but surely, at this point Novak has achieved much more than they have.

savesthedizzle
09-29-2007, 11:42 AM
You called Novak Djokovic a "joke' like Federer, hello ???
Murray was never better than him, they were equal for sometime. Nole came earlier on his own work not the wildcards. How can you be realistic when you claimed and still claim they are all better than him ? In what type of mindset is rank 19 better than rank 3?

Please show me where I STILL claim that Murray is better than Nole. Please corroborate this. Oh wait, you can't, because I DON'T. In January, Murray was better than Nole. Nole had the potential at that time that he has proven on, but at the time, under the circumstances, Murray WAS better. Get the hell over it.

What part of "I SAID THAT IN JANUARY" is impossible for you to understand?

Please also show me where I said Novak was a joke like Federer. I'd like proof.

And yes I joke around a lot of the time :rolleyes: This is a tennis messageboard, it is a hobby, it is not the essence of my being. Do you realize that a lot of people on here do that? MTF is one huge joke. Do you really think Oscar Hernandez is the King? Do you think Pavel Snobel has a following for his game? Or even better, do you think that a thread about Adam Chadaj being better than Roddick is people being serious?

Also, you don't need a connection to a COUNTRY to cheer for a player. This is what got you banned from the Novak forum. I understand you are patriotic to a very extreme extent, but if I had to be a fan of American players just because I'm American, I wouldn't follow tennis. I do not need to have any sort of stance on Serbian politics just because I follow their player. THIS IS SPORT and whether you like it or not, Novak is a world figure. There are people in France who are fans of Novak, do you have issues with them? I forgot that only Serbians are allowed to be fans of Serbian players. I guess someone should tell the Singaporeans and Australians and French posters here that are big fans of Nole that since they have no connection to Serbia, they're not allowed to support him. The Singaporeans should really just give up since they have no tennis players to support.

savesthedizzle
09-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Well I should learn to read more posts and not initially believe the headlines-lol!! Novak got to a Slam final, I doubt that Gasquet or Murray ever will.

Federer said this quote at the END of LAST year. None of them had accomplished anything at that point :)

freesbee
09-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Jessita, I strongly suggest you put the troll on ignore :p You don't have to justify yourself or your previous statements to him, he's not worthy of that waste of energy :hug:

savesthedizzle
09-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Jessita, I strongly suggest you put the troll on ignore :p You don't have to justify yourself or your previous statements to him, he's not worthy of that waste of energy :hug:

Freya, you have no connection to Serbia. You're Belgian. You should really take Janko out of your signature and never cheer for him again ;) You should be only cheering for players you are connected to. So I expect to see Rochus and Vliegen in your signature shortly once you've realized the errors of your ways.

Even if I put the troll on ignore, he'd still be talking about me, still obsessed with me. He bumps up old threads looking for posts I made about Novak in 2006 that he can apply in today's circumstances which were not the circumstances in which they were made. :rolleyes:

However he skipped the thread during the USO last year where I was seriously pissed off because the USA network was discussing up and coming youngsters and didn't mention Novak and I was irate on here because they even discussed people lower ranked than him. But of course he wouldn't have noticed that :p

adee-gee
09-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Do you really think Oscar Hernandez is the King? Do you think Pavel Snobel has a following for his game?

Yes and yes :cool:

Edit - Snobel has a following for his hair, not his game :p

Magenta
09-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Freya, you have no connection to Serbia. You're Belgian. You should really take Janko out of your signature and never cheer for him again ;) You should be only cheering for players you are connected to. So I expect to see Rochus and Vliegen in your signature shortly once you've realized the errors of your ways.

Even if I put the troll on ignore, he'd still be talking about me, still obsessed with me. He bumps up old threads looking for posts I made about Novak in 2006 that he can apply in today's circumstances which were not the circumstances in which they were made. :rolleyes:

However he skipped the thread during the USO last year where I was seriously pissed off because the USA network was discussing up and coming youngsters and didn't mention Novak and I was irate on here because they even discussed people lower ranked than him. But of course he wouldn't have noticed that :p

Having followed this thread, personally, I think he fancies you a little. You know how the saying goes, you always pick on the one you love ;)

savesthedizzle
09-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Having followed this thread, personally, I think he fancies you a little. You know how the saying goes, you always pick on the one you love ;)

I had the same thought. :) You're probably right :p

Magenta
09-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Its true!

If reading every single one of your posts isn't dedication, I don't know what is! :lol:

On a side note, Ezekiel's accusatory fits of paranoia are pearls!

l_mac
09-29-2007, 02:14 PM
No surprise- Djokovic- classy on and off court,

:haha: :haha:

This thread is :retard:

If Nole never wins a Slam, and Murray and Gasquet do, does that make Federer right again?

scarecrows
09-29-2007, 02:15 PM
yes, Oscar is the King

and unfortunately there's not an idea cure for schizophrenia

trixtah
09-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Its true!

If reading every single one of your posts isn't dedication, I don't know what is! :lol:

On a side note, Ezekiel's accusatory fits of paranoia are pearls!

Probably has your MTF profile as a default homepage so he can "find all posts" when he turns on his computer :p

freesbee
09-29-2007, 03:37 PM

:rolls: :awww:

Farenhajt
09-29-2007, 04:13 PM
If Nole never wins a Slam, and Murray and Gasquet do...

...which is as likely as you turning into a Welsh male :)

elessar
09-29-2007, 04:39 PM

Or Ezekiel becoming sane

Adler
09-29-2007, 04:50 PM
This thread can be closed now, there's nothing interesting more to be written here. We now see Federer was wrong, but so was I, especially after summer of 2006

Lee
09-29-2007, 05:26 PM
This thread can be closed now, there's nothing interesting more to be written here. We now see Federer was wrong, but so was I, especially after summer of 2006

Nothing interesting? :eek:

ezekiel just provided the most paranoiac posts of the year. :p

Corey Feldman
09-29-2007, 06:11 PM
I still do not understand the amount of ppl who still cant read what Federer meant when he called Nole's time outs stuff 'a joke'

it WAS HIS BEHAVIOUR PPL, NOT his tennis he was calling a joke

selective reading at its finest :rolleyes: see what they want to see

l_mac
09-29-2007, 07:37 PM

Speaking to me again, are you? :)

I'm afraid I pulled the wool over your eyes a few weeks back. This is a picture of me taken earlier today:

http://davehill.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/06/05/tom_jones_red.jpg

darnyelb
09-29-2007, 07:40 PM

Sorry, neither you nor Federer was wrong about Djokovic. Believing a year ago that Djokovic had a longer way to go than Richard and Andy has nothing to do with Novak's standing now. The difference between Djokovic and Murray/Gasquet is that Djokovic has actually traveled that longer path to become a top contender for the Slams. Federer has not been proven wrong on this issue... at all.

Farenhajt
09-29-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm afraid I pulled the wool over your eyes a few weeks back. This is a picture of me taken earlier today:

Yuck, girls with hairy chest... l_mac, please pay a visit to a beauty parlour, it can do no harm :) (Though I could possibly understand if Scottish girls pride into growing a nice carpet worth showing around ;))

Corey Feldman
09-29-2007, 08:29 PM
This is a picture of me taken earlier today:

http://davehill.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/06/05/tom_jones_red.jpg:lol::lol::lol:

poor Farenheit is gutted.

World Beater
09-30-2007, 03:08 AM
what a thread!!!