What if a tournament had all four surfaces? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What if a tournament had all four surfaces?

BlakeorHenman
09-24-2006, 05:23 AM
Would you guys like to see just one tournament in which each match was randomly given the surface it was played on? The all-surface players would be rewarded, and it would be quite fascinating to see players rebound from clay to carpet, and whatnot? Would the quality of tennis be as good? What do you think?

~*BGT*~
09-24-2006, 05:26 AM
No. Sounds like too much of a hassle.

GlennMirnyi
09-24-2006, 05:27 AM
Federer would win every tournament then? ;)

*Viva Chile*
09-24-2006, 05:36 AM
Would you guys like to see just one tournament in which each match was randomly given the surface it was played on? The all-surface players would be rewarded, and it would be quite fascinating to see players rebound from clay to carpet, and whatnot? Would the quality of tennis be as good? What do you think?
I really hope that Mr. Disney don't listen your proposition :scared:

Sheek
09-24-2006, 05:47 AM
Federer would win every tournament then? ;)

he already does! ;)

Halba
09-24-2006, 06:07 AM
he already does! ;)

that would be interesting!

Nadal would win the clay ones, Roger would win everything else :eek:

GlennMirnyi
09-24-2006, 06:28 AM
that would be interesting!

Nadal would win the clay ones, Roger would win everything else :eek:

That's how it is today.

NadalMachine
09-24-2006, 06:36 AM
Are you out of your mind? This is the most bizzare idea I've ever heard.

bluefork
09-24-2006, 06:37 AM
Actually, I think it would be kind of interesting if they changed the format of Davis Cup so that it all happened in the span of three or four weeks at one facility with clay courts, grass, and slow and fast hardcourts. Of course, it would probably be impossible to schedule and impossible to find a good site, and the purists would hate it, but it could be interesting, I think. :shrug:

RickDaStick
09-24-2006, 06:51 AM
Geez some of you people want to turn the ATP in to the circus

BlueSwan
09-24-2006, 08:02 AM
It could be fun as a one-off thing.

If it happened on a regular basis, we all know it would favour Nadal. With his lucky draws he'd be playing every match on clay. :angel:

its.like.that
09-24-2006, 08:30 AM

You are a true moron.

controlfreak
09-24-2006, 10:15 AM
Are you out of your mind? This is the most bizzare idea I've ever heard.

How about the same tournament but where the two sides of the court are different surfaces. Or where the court is installed on a pair of giant rotating cubes, so that for each side there are 6 possible surfaces? They could change after every game.

its.like.that
09-24-2006, 10:45 AM
How about a half court-half pool, like in the old Uncle Tobys ad with Todd Reid?

:silly:

Vass
09-24-2006, 11:26 AM
They already have that in Dubai.
The center court and 4 practice courts are fast hardcourt. But there are also two more playing courts with slow hardcourt, and 1 practice court with slow hardcourt. Ridiculous. They built them in different times, so...

MurrayFan1
09-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Geez some of you people want to turn the ATP in to the circus

WHY DON'T WE HAVE RIVAL PLAYERS INTERFERING LIKE WWE AS WELL WHEN THE UMPIRE ISN'T LOOKING AS WELL!?!?!?!?!

supersexynadal
09-24-2006, 03:38 PM
say day one was clay, day 2 was hard etc. It would be a good idea only iif they gave them at least 2 days to prepare between matches which is impossible. What the can do is change the surface of tournaments every year for everything but the slams. This way thered be no "seasons" for every surface.

Jimnik
09-24-2006, 04:00 PM
A court should be split up so everyone can play on their favourite surface.

Federer's half could be hard and Nadal's half could be clay.

Everyone is happy. :)

MurrayFan1
09-24-2006, 04:07 PM
A court should be split up so everyone can play on their favourite surface.

Federer's half could be hard and Nadal's half could be clay.

Everyone is happy. :)

If that was non tie breaks, that would be one loooong match.

Melvins
09-24-2006, 04:09 PM
I love the idea, but no possible.

However, if it's possible, the idea should be like Virtua Tennis.

1R - Rebound Ace (Australian Open)
2R - Clay (Roland Garros)
QF - Hard (US Open)
SF - Grass (Wimbledon)
Final - Carpet (TMC)

This is Virtua Tennis tournament, 1R in Reb Ace and 2R in Clay is great, but I put Hardcourt in the final, no in QF.

Exodus
09-24-2006, 04:10 PM
nadal won't win any tournies at all

njnetswill
09-24-2006, 04:22 PM
What about something like 1st round had court, second round clay, quarterfinals grass etc. :haha: Yeah, this would never happen.

BlakeorHenman
09-24-2006, 04:52 PM
You are a true moron.

Wow, way to turn a fun "what-if" post into a fucking ridiculous insult. Why aren't we closer friends???