NEW MODS [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NEW MODS

Pages : [1] 2

Steve
09-23-2006, 02:01 PM
So as mentioned previously we will be adding more mods to the site and would like to leave the oppurtunity open to everyone. Myself and the mods feel that since everyone is part of the community each person should be able to voice there opinion on who should and should not be a mod. So what I would like to see is if you feel that you should and can be a mod please pm me a brief explanation as to what you feel you would be able to contribute to MTF. Im sure you all know what is involved in being a mod and that also includes promoting the forums and growing the site. It is not limited to just moderating. We will leave the oppurtunity open for 1 week at which point I will post all the pms in the moderator section and we will have a vote. Also in this message those interested send we would also like to hear your opinion on what sections you feel need more moderating.

If you have recently been banned, or a constant neusance on the forum please do not apply. Future mods are in a sense representatives of the site, therfore if you know you would not have the support of the other members I dont think you should waste your time.

Enjoy :wavey:

adee-gee
09-23-2006, 04:00 PM
2 suggestions for mods....

adee-gee
FlashDeb

El Legenda
09-23-2006, 04:18 PM
There is a better chance of Roddick beat Nadal in Roland Garros Final than Adee-gee being a Mod :)

If you have recently been banned, or a constant neusance on the forum please do not apply. Future mods are in a sense representatives of the site, therfore if you know you would not have the support of the other members I dont think you should waste your time.
Enjoy :wavey:

adam did you not read those two parts :lol:

belco
09-23-2006, 05:12 PM
i vote for adam :D :D :D

revolution
09-23-2006, 06:37 PM
I would consider it, because I think Steve is a much better administrator and runner of this forum than the last regime, and that's saying something when he has only been here for a small amount of time.

Carito_90, savestheday91, RonE(Federer forum), LaTenista, FlashDeb and GeorgeWHitler are my nominations though.

sharpeirob
09-23-2006, 06:39 PM
I am a good representative of the African community :yeah:

Nathaliia
09-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Mae :angel: :smoke:

El Legenda
09-23-2006, 07:57 PM
I would consider it, because I think Steve is a much better administrator and runner of this forum than the last regime, and that's saying something when he has only been here for a small amount of time.

Carito_90, savestheday91, RonE(Federer forum), LaTenista, FlashDeb and GeorgeWHitler are my nominations though.

:haha: stop it

revolution
09-23-2006, 08:08 PM
:haha: stop it

She is everything a mod could want, sweet, cute, has a personality and would be unbiased. Even towards Roddick haters. :p

El Legenda
09-23-2006, 08:10 PM
She is everything a mod could want, sweet, cute, has a personality and would be unbiased. Even towards Roddick haters. :p

all mods should be atleast 25 years old...not a 16year old :yawn:

tangerine_dream
09-23-2006, 08:23 PM
This thread is just asking for trouble. :lol:

El Legenda
09-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Next Mod should be

Atleast age 25
3+ years as member of the forum
Not a Federer, Nadal, Ljubicic, Roddick or Argie fan.

:wavey:

Deboogle!.
09-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Next Mod should be

Atleast age 25

:wavey:Good luck finding someone who fits into that category. I know plenty of people under 25 who is a fan of any of those players who could be a great mod because they're mature and fair :shrug:

Jackson (J. Corwin) is not 25 and is a Roddick fan but he is one of the fairest people I know and I think he'd be an awesome mod - I don't know if he's interested, though.

anyway, I think this is a good idea Steve :)

bad gambler
09-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Next Mod should be

Atleast age 25

There is about 3 people who fit that category :o

adee-gee
09-23-2006, 10:22 PM
:haha:

cobalt60
09-23-2006, 10:33 PM
How many more mods are you planning to have Steve?

Steve
09-23-2006, 11:27 PM
Not sure yet, we will see how many people are interested and for which forums and if we all feel there is a need to have a mod in a specific forum then we will see what we end up with. its all up to you the members.

Lee
09-23-2006, 11:57 PM
I have a question for Steve. Once everything is settled on MTF, like the upgrade and management, how much time you have to spend on managing this board?

Steve
09-24-2006, 12:59 AM
I will always be around.... sorry :devil:

Lee
09-24-2006, 01:21 AM
I will always be around.... sorry :devil:

Actually, I am glad to hear that ;)

But would you be more specific about 'always be around'? Like 24/7 :devil: a few hours/day, a few hours/week, a few hours/month, etc etc etc... :)

Johnny Groove
09-24-2006, 01:25 AM
Next Mod should be

Atleast age 25

what a retarded post. Even by your standards :retard:

Steve
09-24-2006, 02:16 AM
Actually, I am glad to hear that ;)

But would you be more specific about 'always be around'? Like 24/7 :devil: a few hours/day, a few hours/week, a few hours/month, etc etc etc... :)

I hope you will allow me to sleep. :worship:
well, I have posted my personal email addy which is forwarded to my blackberry, and instant messaging info which is also on my blackberry in the mod section. And I have mtf open for aprox 14 hrs per day on weekdays and depending on what I have to do personally on weekends will depend on how often I am able to be online. All in all it will normally never be a problem getting a hold of me while I am awake. Aside from the server side of things I have full confidence that the current mods are able to do anything I can do better.

El Legenda
09-24-2006, 02:18 AM
Good luck finding someone who fits into that category. I know plenty of people under 25 who is a fan of any of those players who could be a great mod because they're mature and fair :shrug:

Jackson (J. Corwin) is not 25 and is a Roddick fan but he is one of the fairest people I know and I think he'd be an awesome mod - I don't know if he's interested, though.

anyway, I think this is a good idea Steve :)

well im not married to those requierments...:lol: i dont care...it was just an suggestion :)

Steve
09-24-2006, 02:21 AM

Is that actual age or maturity level?

belco
09-24-2006, 02:34 AM
i hate applications :rolleyes: but me me me :rocker:

Lee
09-24-2006, 02:36 AM
Thanks Steve :lol: and I appreciate your sense of humor. :hatoff:

savesthedizzle
09-24-2006, 02:42 AM

I don't appreciate your blatant ageist attitude :ras:

Anyway, I'd like to be considered. I only fit 1/3 of Jerry's criteria though :p

Deboogle!.
09-24-2006, 02:45 AM
well im not married to those requierments...:lol: i dont care...it was just an suggestion :)I know, it just seems quite arbitrary ;) I think as long as a person acts maturely and treats people fairly, then they can be a good mod :)

cobalt60
09-24-2006, 01:27 PM
I know, it just seems quite arbitrary ;) I think as long as a person acts maturely and treats people fairly, then they can be a good mod :)
That is why I asked how many were needed. From what I have observed here I don't think there are enough disinterested parties who can be fair and objective. Too many here have an agenda. I hope I am wrong. And maybe some folks can put their favorites on hold and be good mods. I agree with you Jace would be great.
The other concern is that when someone is actually doing a good job- Prabu- he gets attacked occasionally. Who wants that headache;)

Action Jackson
09-24-2006, 02:49 PM
There are 2 posters here who I know would do a good job, but it's highly unlikely at best that either of them would do it.

Fee
09-24-2006, 04:44 PM
I think the time commitment scares some good people away. I think Lee would be a good mod, but I would be willing to bet she does not have the time.

Steve
09-24-2006, 08:22 PM
I think the time commitment scares some good people away. I think Lee would be a good mod, but I would be willing to bet she does not have the time.

At minumum you have to keep an eye on your own section. This could be as litttle time as a few minutes per day. If your away for a few days you let another mod or myself know know and we take care of your section in your absence. This role is definaltely a team role. We all work together to make it all happen for the members and users

Lee
09-24-2006, 11:43 PM

Thanks for the vote of confidence. But as you said, I does not have the time. :)

tangerine_dream
09-25-2006, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the vote of confidence. But as you said, I does not have the time. :)
Lee also uses improper English grammar and has poor sentence structure.

Lee
09-25-2006, 12:15 AM
Lee also uses improper English grammar and has poor sentence structure.

I know :sad: :bigcry:

LaTenista
09-25-2006, 12:27 AM
I know :sad: :bigcry:

:hug: I still would have voted for you anyway.

Scotso
09-25-2006, 12:40 AM
If people are going to nominate Deb, Adam, and Carito, I might as well nominate Grinder to complete the picture.

Carito_90
09-25-2006, 12:55 AM

:smooch: He's just pissed off cos I didn't vote for him in the AC comp. ;) :lol:

And yeah... :haha:. For obvious reasons. ;)

El Legenda
09-25-2006, 01:16 AM
:smooch: He's just pissed off cos I didn't vote for him in the AC comp. ;) :lol:

And yeah... :haha:. For obvious reasons. ;)

:ras:

Fee
09-25-2006, 01:24 AM
If people are going to nominate Deb, Adam, and Carito, I might as well nominate Grinder to complete the picture.

Or you could be a grown up and nominate someone that you seriously believe would do a good job instead of acting like you don't get to sit at the cool kids' table in the cafeteria. So, who would you pick, based on your time and experiences here at MTF?

Johnny Groove
09-25-2006, 01:47 AM
Please respect your neighbors and don't have wild sex or noisy parties after 23:00

How about wild sex AT noisy parties at 23:01? :awww:

Carito_90
09-25-2006, 01:56 AM
:ras:

:)

I would like to emphasize my love for Fee. No particular reasons, just felt like it.

+alonso
09-25-2006, 02:55 AM
- cobalt60 (Sue) - Unbiased, fair-person, knows how to end a discussion but She's close to people :shrug:

- Fee - same as Sue, I find her pretty fair as a tennis - fan

- Fergie - same

- Sjengster - seems like he can handle some whining

- GWH - fair person, knows the forum since a while

- Labamba - fair and close to people

PennyThePenguin
09-25-2006, 02:57 AM
uhm....Cobalt60, Fee, Deb, Lee: but I don;t know if any of them would actually have the time to commit :sad:

+alonso
09-25-2006, 03:00 AM
Oh yes!, DEB
How could I forget her!

El Legenda
09-25-2006, 03:12 AM
- cobalt60 (Sue) - Unbiased, fair-person, knows how to end a discussion but She's close to people :shrug:

- Fergie - same

- Sjengster - seems like he can handle some whining

- GWH- fair person, knows the forum since a while

- Labamba - fair and close to people

:yeah: Go Fergie :)

Fee
09-25-2006, 03:20 AM
I would like to emphasize my love for Fee. No particular reasons, just felt like it.

Why thank you. :hug: Would you like to come into the kitchen for a glass of grape juice? It has antioxidants!

savesthedizzle
09-25-2006, 03:23 AM
I wonder if there are any mod-worthy posters outside of the Roddick forum? :lol: :p

Fee
09-25-2006, 03:31 AM

Thank you, I do try most of the time (despite the odd snippy post here and there). I am honored to be included in the same class as Sue for any reason. :)

LaTenista
09-25-2006, 03:32 AM
I also agree GWH & Labamba would make good mods.

savesthedizzle
09-25-2006, 03:34 AM
I agree with other posters that Labamba would be a good mod, if he's interested.

jackieglover
09-25-2006, 03:48 AM
I know others that mod at other forums and they get paid around 2 grand a month. I don't think that would be the case here since there isn't much revenue being generated by advertisers or many advertisers to begin with. I think you need to be careful with equating great posters to great moderators. Most mods I know have to bite their tongue and be as "friendly" as possible while complaining and bitching to me in private. Several people listed in this thread are highly opinionated and would probably engage in verbal wars once somebody touches upon a sensitive subject. With that said, I'd like to nominate the one and only:

:rocker2: disturb3d :rocker2:

---My real vote goes to Deb and Sue---

Fee
09-25-2006, 03:53 AM
You had me really scared for a minute there.

J. Corwin
09-25-2006, 06:44 AM
Thanks to those who nominated me for modernationess :cool:

^But this is the reason I don't think I'd be able to do it.;) Also to be honest, I don't really care about the chaos and I'm often amused reading the posts. Aren't I terrible? :lol:

I could do it in theory, but what would it involve? Do I have to read through every single thread to search for evil posts in a forum section? :scared:

Björki
09-25-2006, 08:45 AM
Labamba :yeah:
If he wants to be a mod. :)

adee-gee
09-25-2006, 08:46 AM
Hey don't go getting upset with me because you're in the final of the arse clown championships.

belco
09-25-2006, 08:46 AM
bjorki for president :D

Scotso
09-25-2006, 01:25 PM
Or you could be a grown up and nominate someone that you seriously believe would do a good job instead of acting like you don't get to sit at the cool kids' table in the cafeteria. So, who would you pick, based on your time and experiences here at MTF?

I've been nothing but nice to you in my time here, even going out of my way to take pictures of a player I detest just for you... but then I say one thing you don't like about one of your favorite players, and suddenly I'm enemy #1. Talk about being grown up.

And sorry, but no matter how much of a clique you Roddick boppers are, you are not the "cool kids."

Scotso
09-25-2006, 01:27 PM
To be totally frank, I don't trust any of the hardcore Roddick boppers to be Mods, they're too close knit and they bash other posters far too much. Deb can probably control them all, as well.

Someone mentioned Fergie, and I would be more than happy with that poster being a moderator, as I've never seen them be mean or unfair to anyone.

Scotso
09-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Hey don't go getting upset with me because you're in the final of the arse clown championships.

Adam, dear, I don't care about your little game... but I know exactly what you've been saying about me. Coming from someone who I thought I was friends with and have been nice to, like Fee, it's quite a betrayal. But if that's how you want to treat people who are good to you, that's your prerogative.

Fee
09-25-2006, 02:31 PM
I've been nothing but nice to you in my time here, even going out of my way to take pictures of a player I detest just for you... but then I say one thing you don't like about one of your favorite players, and suddenly I'm enemy #1. Talk about being grown up.

And sorry, but no matter how much of a clique you Roddick boppers are, you are not the "cool kids."

Scott, please don't pull this with me and don't accuse me of betrayal either. I have never said you were enemy number one (and if I did, find the post). You were proven wrong with the Roddick video and everyone else has moved on. This thread was meant to be a constructive discussion about new mods and all I did was ask you to contribute (yeah, I was a little harsh). I understand this has been a rough week for you, but please stop whining so much. You are not a stupid man, and this is kind of beneath you (and if I really hated you, I would ignore you).

Also, please get over your beef with Deb (at least publicly). She does not have control over anyone on this board, least of all me. If she has the trust of other posters here, it is because she has earned it. You have earned friends at this forum in your time here, should I accuse you of 'controling' them? Of course not. But thanks for mentioning someone as a possible mod. :)

Deboogle!.
09-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Fee, please stop denying that you are my sychophantic minion, it's getting really old :rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
09-25-2006, 03:32 PM
OK - having read through this thread I would make a couple of comments. To me there are two distinct types of Moderator - a Player Forum one and a general one who can change/delete stuff on GM, Non-Tennis etc, and of course ban people if necessary. To be a Player Forum Mod you must have to be a fan of that player and have the respect of regular posters there - so someone like Deb on the Roddick Forum (I believe she already is a Mod there anyway) and GWH on the Gaudio Forum are ideal. To the best of my knowledge, your main job as a Forum Mod is deal with some administrative functions like merging and "stcky" threads, and delete any unwanted "troll" posts from people who are in that Player Thread purely to make trouble.

For a GM general Mod though - the job is much more difficult, and I feel you would have to be totally impartial which rules out a large percentage of MTF!! I personally don't think anyone who is strongly affiliated to one particular player, one Forum or one faction on MTF would be suitable. Someone like the wonderful Mandoura would have been my ideal General Mod (though sadly she doesn't post here much if at all anymore), and I agree that Lee would be great too, or someone like Kristen or Cobalt60. In other words, people who obviously like some players more than some others, and some posters more tha others, but don't let their personal tastes lead them to hound and harrass anyone who doesn't agree with them. Fairness, maturity and respect for others' opinions are the most important features for a would-be Mod in my opinion.

revolution
09-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Fee would ban Xristos :p

Deboogle!.
09-25-2006, 03:41 PM
I think it's impossible to find someone who is not more ingrained in a particular player or segment of the forum. Even those you suggested - Lee, Sue, and Kristen, openly support some players and openly dislike others and have their groups of friends (though I do agree that they'd all be good mods and are fair) and I guess that's my point, that some people ARE mature enough to be big fans of a player and have their friends but still be fair and equal - and Prabu is a great epitome of that. So it's possible, absolutely. I'll say it again I think Jace would be a great mod but he is a an Andy fan and friends with most of the Andy forum posters. I know that I would be fair an impartial, but I want nothing to do with GM at all, ever. I couldn't be a mod there just b/c I have half the people on my ignore list and take long breaks when I'm not in the mood to hear their crap, so I definitely couldn't do it :lol:

But I think even player forum mods have to have these same qualities, because there is no way to have everyone agree in a player forum either. There are a few threads in the Andy forum that I despise and wish weren't there. But I don't close or move or even read them, because even if I don't want to talk about that stuff and think it's not really mature to talk about it, I have no place to control them as long as it doesn't break the rules. So I think the maturity and fairness is important no matter what. :)

Denaon
09-25-2006, 03:43 PM
I would like to know something, that I could not guess from reading this thread....is this a Super-Moderator Application (nomination) or regular Forum Moderators?
IMHO....if it's for different forums, there should be some kind of votation in each forum posters think that should be moderated among those that post regularly there...of course I could not vote for a Roddick, Massu or Hewitt Forum Moderator...that would be non-sense...
But in case this is for a Super Moderator such as Prabu, Jime, Carlita...and so...I give my vote to those I believe that try to be fair most of the time (I don't believe there's anyone completely fair 24/7...that's not human :D )
I dunno whether they'd do the job though

cobalt60 :D
nermo, mandoura :worship: and dtiger

Of course there are lots of other posters that might do a great job too...

Denaon
09-25-2006, 03:57 PM
OK - having read through this thread I would make a couple of comments. To me there are two distinct types of Moderator - a Player Forum one and a general one who can change/delete stuff on GM, Non-Tennis etc, and of course ban people if necessary. To be a Player Forum Mod you must have to be a fan of that player and have the respect of regular posters there - so someone like Deb on the Roddick Forum (I believe she already is a Mod there anyway) and GWH on the Gaudio Forum are ideal. To the best of my knowledge, your main job as a Forum Mod is deal with some administrative functions like merging and "stcky" threads, and delete any unwanted "troll" posts from people who are in that Player Thread purely to make trouble.

For a GM general Mod though - the job is much more difficult, and I feel you would have to be totally impartial which rules out a large percentage of MTF!! I personally don't think anyone who is strongly affiliated to one particular player, one Forum or one faction on MTF would be suitable. Someone like the wonderful Mandoura would have been my ideal General Mod (though sadly she doesn't post here much if at all anymore), and I agree that Lee would be great too, or someone like Kristen or Cobalt60. In other words, people who obviously like some players more than some others, and some posters more tha others, but don't let their personal tastes lead them to hound and harrass anyone who doesn't agree with them. Fairness, maturity and respect for others' opinions are the most important features for a would-be Mod in my opinion.
You've said it much better than I've done...
Mandoura :smooch: I miss her so much...

I'd like to add Rosie to my A list ;)

J. Corwin
09-25-2006, 03:59 PM
To be totally frank, I don't trust any of the hardcore Roddick boppers to be Mods, they're too close knit and they bash other posters far too much. Deb can probably control them all, as well.

As kinky as that sounds, no. ;)

The day I become controlled by someone else is the day I'll stop posting and go seek help.

adee-gee
09-25-2006, 04:05 PM
I wish to reiterate my vote for Deb, because she told me to say this :scared:

El Legenda
09-25-2006, 04:06 PM
i would like to add my name to the mix

wait for it

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Carito_90
09-25-2006, 04:10 PM

Excuse me but I think you have absolutely no right to say Deb controls me or any of the other people in the Roddick's forum, because she doesn't. Deb and I always had our diferences with her being somewhat (very :p hehe) pessimistic with Andy and me being kinda optimistic about them, but we managed to sort of balance it out and we're doing well about it, but it doesn't mean I've changed the way I see things or the way she sees things. I mean, that's just a very simple example, but we differ in SO many other things. We've had many arguments about many different subjects and I think Deb can agree on this because it's true. We don't always reach an agreement but we can live with out different opinions. You know, it happens. :shrug:
If you knew me *this* little you'd know I'm too stubborn to let myself be controled: :o

I don't know about the others, but the posters I "bash" or as I'd say, dislike, are very few and usually do it privately. So you may want to think twice before generalizing, even though I know most of the Roddick FANS and they're not the kind of posters that would go bashing people around.

And yes, we are very close indeed, but that doesn't mean I don't get along with GWH, Jess, Olga just to mention a few, who are not Roddick fans by any means.

I was honestly thinking of ignoring your statements, but since it's untrue, I felt the need of denying it, although it's not really valid since you don't have enough evidence to actually back it up.

adee-gee
09-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Adam, dear, I don't care about your little game... but I know exactly what you've been saying about me. Coming from someone who I thought I was friends with and have been nice to, like Fee, it's quite a betrayal. But if that's how you want to treat people who are good to you, that's your prerogative.
You seriously need to stop whining, if you're not careful you might drown in all that self pity. I actually have no major problem with you, other than your incessant whinging.

El Legenda
09-25-2006, 04:14 PM
General Seinfeld and his ARMY are taking over the forum and sacking STEVE

http://yelims1.free.fr/Armee/Armee13.gif
http://yelims1.free.fr/Armee/Armee14.gif
http://yelims2.free.fr/Feu/Feu12.gif

El Legenda
09-25-2006, 04:15 PM
but not now...right after class :wavey:

Carito_90
09-25-2006, 04:16 PM
Personally, I think Deb would do a very good job moderating all the US forums. She's done an incredible job with Andy's, so I don't see why she wouldn't be good for all of them.

Fee could be a good one as well, I'm just not sure what forum could be given to her, but she'd be a good mod.

GWH knows how to run things (AC contest. ;) ), and since NT is quite a big community, I think he'd be appropiate for it.

I can't think of many more right now... although I imagine no one will actually want to do GM. :lol: There will have to be two mods, at least.

revolution
09-25-2006, 04:19 PM
You seriously need to stop whining, if you're not careful you might drown in all that self pity. I actually have no major problem with you, other than your incessant whinging.

is MBF a SCOUSER? :eek:

Carito_90
09-25-2006, 04:19 PM
General Seinfeld and his ARMY are taking over the forum and sacking STEVE

http://yelims1.free.fr/Armee/Armee13.gif
http://yelims1.free.fr/Armee/Armee14.gif
http://yelims2.free.fr/Feu/Feu12.gif

:haha: That'll be like, WWIII.

Denaon
09-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Ok guys......
Why don't we all try to solve this? Obviously we cannot decide about a new SuperModerator (that's Steve's job imo)...unless those interested in becoming one make public their intention (and then there could be some sort of election)
So if we're gonna have Players Forum Moderators and so, let's go and try to pick one for each forum....and the let's give Steve the details of whom we've decided should become a Moderator....

what do you think?? ;)

adee-gee
09-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Fee could be a good one as well, I'm just not sure what forum could be given to her, but she'd be a good mod.
JMG ;)

Hendu
09-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Ok guys......
Why don't we all try to solve this? Obviously we cannot decide about a new SuperModerator (that's Steve's job imo)...unless those interested in becoming one make public their intention (and then there could be some sort of election)
So if we're gonna have Players Forum Moderators and so, let's go and try to pick one for each forum....and the let's give Steve the details of whom we've decided should become a Moderator....

what do you think?? ;)

Its clear in the first post in this thread.

The ones who want to be mods have to send a PM to Steve. Then, we will vote.

Thats the way it is. And I like it. :)

Carito_90
09-25-2006, 04:53 PM
JMG ;)

I thought about it, but I think it's too much of a small forum for her. Besides, I'd said I wanted Deb as the mod of all the US forums, so I'd be contradicting myself. :p

Denaon
09-25-2006, 04:58 PM
Oh...ok... I haven't paid much attention to Steve's post...my bad...I said nothing...

revolution
09-25-2006, 04:59 PM
JMG ;)

You serious?

That would be a mixed choice.

Deboogle!.
09-25-2006, 05:00 PM
Excuse me but I think you have absolutely no right to say Deb controls me or any of the other people in the Roddick's forum, because she doesn't. Deb and I always had our diferences with her being somewhat (very :p hehe) pessimistic with Andy and me being kinda optimistic about them, but we managed to sort of balance it out and we're doing well about it, but it doesn't mean I've changed the way I see things or the way she sees things. I mean, that's just a very simple example, but we differ in SO many other things. We've had many arguments about many different subjects and I think Deb can agree on this because it's true. We don't always reach an agreement but we can live with out different opinions. You know, it happens. :shrug:
If you knew me *this* little you'd know I'm too stubborn to let myself be controled: :o:hug:

Caro, it's because people who are mature are capable of agreeing to disagree and they don't let it affect how they feel towards and treat the other person. :)

*Ljubica*
09-25-2006, 05:00 PM
I don't think everyone gets to vote - just the other Mods - because he says "I will post all the pms in the moderator section and we will have a vote." At least that's how I read it anyway, as I know there is a special "Moderators' Section" here only accessible to Mods and Admins - not to general posters. And I think that's certainly the best idea - after all, making an application saying what you feel you could bring to MTF etc, is almost like submitting a resume for a job - and you wouldn't want everyone to see that would you? Especially considering how many people here would take every comment and personal thing and open it up to ridicule because they think it's funny :rolleyes: Just my opinion anyway.

Carito_90
09-25-2006, 05:07 PM
:hug:

Caro, it's because people who are mature are capable of agreeing to disagree and they don't let it affect how they feel towards and treat the other person. :)

I guess so. :) :hug:

Denaon
09-25-2006, 05:12 PM
I don't think everyone gets to vote - just the other Mods - because he says "I will post all the pms in the moderator section and we will have a vote." At least that's how I read it anyway, as I know there is a special "Moderators' Section" here only accessible to Mods and Admins - not to general posters. And I think that's certainly the best idea - after all, making an application saying what you feel you could bring to MTF etc, is almost like submitting a resume for a job - and you wouldn't want everyone to see that would you? Especially considering how many people here would take every comment and personal thing and open it up to ridicule because they think it's funny :rolleyes: Just my opinion anyway.
Well, then we gotta trust our admins/mods' criteria in choosing our next mod....:scared:
I don't want Jogy and/or Jim Jones moderating me!! :unsure:
:rolls:

Deboogle!.
09-25-2006, 05:12 PM
I don't think everyone gets to vote - just the other Mods - because he says "I will post all the pms in the moderator section and we will have a vote." At least that's how I read it anyway, as I know there is a special "Moderators' Section" here only accessible to Mods and Admins - not to general posters. And I think that's certainly the best idea - after all, making an application saying what you feel you could bring to MTF etc, is almost like submitting a resume for a job - and you wouldn't want everyone to see that would you? Especially considering how many people here would take every comment and personal thing and open it up to ridicule because they think it's funny :rolleyes: Just my opinion anyway.I'd just like to add to this that player forum mods do not have access to this section, so don't worry Scott, I will have no say :wavey:

adee-gee
09-25-2006, 05:16 PM
You serious?

That would be a mixed choice.
Not the poster JMG....I was saying Fee should be in charge of the JMG forum....it was kind of a joke seeing as it's about as busy as Prenton Park :p

revolution
09-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Well, then we gotta trust our admins/mods' criteria in choosing our next mod....:scared:
I don't want Jogy and/or Jim Jones moderating me!! :unsure:
:rolls:

Well of course neither are actually going to be nominated or chosen :lol:

revolution
09-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Not the poster JMG....I was saying Fee should be in charge of the JMG forum....it was kind of a joke seeing as it's about as busy as Prenton Park :p

We got 11,444 on Saturday. :ras:

*Ljubica*
09-25-2006, 05:32 PM
I'd just like to add to this that player forum mods do not have access to this section, so don't worry Scott, I will have no say :wavey:
Well I'm only assuming that's what will happen - it's certainly the way I interpreted Steve's post - but I could be wrong :shrug: Guess we'll just have to wait and see. All I know is that wheoever is chosen is bound to upset some people, because it's impossible to please all the people all the time :)

Hendu
09-25-2006, 05:34 PM

Yes, you are right...

I didn't know there was a moderator sector. Anyway, although I would like to vote, I think this is better. An open election could end as an arse clown contest. :tape:

There are some posters that I would like as moderators... but whats the point in saying who they are, if it wont have any incidence in the decision? :shrug:

So I'll keep it to myself.

09-25-2006, 05:36 PM
Well of course neither are actually going to be nominated or chosen :lol:
As I understand it the people that want the job send in a PM to Steve. So no one is nominated unless they nominate
themselves. About the only thing I see that posters can do is talk to the people they think would do a good job so if those people are interested they will send a PM to Steve. I think there has been some misreading of Steve's post. In fact when I first read it myself I thought posters were going to have more say in the process, but after reading the post again I don't think that is the case. Maybe we need to have more input from Steve on this matter?

*Ljubica*
09-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Yes, you are right...

I didn't know there was a moderator sector. Anyway, although I would like to vote, I think this is better. An open election could end as an arse clown contest. :tape:

There are some posters that I would like as moderators... but whats the point in saying who they are, if it wont have any incidence in the decision? :shrug:

So I'll keep it to myself.
Almost everything on MTF at one stage degenerates into an arse-clown contest :devil:

Hendu
09-25-2006, 05:40 PM
I'd just like to add to this that player forum mods do not have access to this section, so don't worry Scott, I will have no say :wavey:

So, who are deciding?

Steve, Bad_Gambler, Jazz_girl, Neely and Carlita.

Anyone else?

09-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Almost everything on MTF at one stage degenerates into an arse-clown contest :devil:
Good point Rosie :lol:

Carlita
09-25-2006, 05:43 PM
So, who are deciding?

Anyone else?And wtn_amanda, although I havent seen her around for a while :lol:

09-25-2006, 05:51 PM
So, who are deciding?

Anyone else?
Amanda is still listed under Admin. so she might be involved.

Denaon
09-25-2006, 05:51 PM
And wtn_amanda, although I havent seen her around for a while :lol:
Since you're here Sjoukje ;) I have one question......what if those that "postulate" do not have the required to become a good mod? What if my worst nightmares come true?? Jogy, Jim Jones (among others) are the only to apply?? (my opinion of course)
:scared:

09-25-2006, 05:53 PM
And wtn_amanda, although I havent seen her around for a while :lol:
:lol: My equipment is so slow you got your post in while I was still typing mine.

Carlita
09-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Since you're here Sjoukje ;) I have one question......what if those that "postulate" do not have the required to become a good mod? What if my worst nightmares come true?? Jogy, Jim Jones (among others) are the only to apply?? (my opinion of course)
:scared::lol: don't worry Dani! ;) It will be okay :lol: If that's the case I guess we will stick with those we have until the right person comes along :)

Steve
09-25-2006, 06:31 PM
True, but once the new mods come on board I will create a private forum so that all of the mods can speak with each other, share advice and support each other. Thats also where we keep the moderators rules as well as the moderators "how to" booklet. So nobody will be blindly going into these positions.
"BUT" what is currently known now as the mod section will be the "ADMIN" section only open to Administrators super mods and..... me :)

Deboogle!.
09-25-2006, 06:33 PM
True, but once the new mods come on board I will create a private forum so that all of the mods can speak with each other, share advice and support each other. Thats also where we keep the moderators rules as well as the moderators "how to" booklet. So nobody will be blindly going into these positions.
"BUT" what is currently known now as the mod section will be the "ADMIN" section only open to Administrators super mods and..... me :)ah, ok, I see. But still, we won't be involved in the selection process for the new mods. I just wanted to reassure Scott, since he's so concerned about me allegedly controlling everyone else here.

09-25-2006, 06:36 PM
"BUT" what is currently known now as the mod section will be the "ADMIN" section only open to Administrators super mods and..... me :)
Steve it sounds like to me when you are speaking of Moderators that are going to be selected now you are talking about Forum Moderators and not Super Moderators. Is that correct or did I misunderstand this post?

savesthedizzle
09-25-2006, 06:37 PM
So it is that you are only looking for player forum mods then? I wasn't aware that was a problem area for MTF. This puts me out of the running then since the only player forums people think I am suitable for, really have no use for a moderator. Serbia is a very very boring place on MTF. :lol: I had misunderstood and thought more mods meant more for GM because that's where I think the problems are, not specific forums.

revolution
09-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Part of me doesn't get it either.

But I only applied for non-tennis so I guess I don't quite get the hang of it all :lol:

09-25-2006, 06:43 PM
So it is that you are only looking for player forum mods then? I wasn't aware that was a problem area for MTF. This puts me out of the running then since the only player forums people think I am suitable for, really have no use for a moderator. Serbia is a very very boring place on MTF. :lol: I had misunderstood and thought more mods meant more for GM because that's where I think the problems are, not specific forums.
Well I guess a Forum Moderator wouldn't have to be a Players' Forum Moderator. I mean GM is a Forum in MTF, isn't it :confused:

savesthedizzle
09-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Well I guess a Forum Moderator wouldn't have to be a Players' Forum Moderator. I mean GM is a Forum in MTF, isn't it :confused:

I suppose. I think many people don't think of that though. :shrug:

Steve
09-25-2006, 06:51 PM
As I understand it the people that want the job send in a PM to Steve. So no one is nominated unless they nominate
themselves. About the only thing I see that posters can do is talk to the people they think would do a good job so if those people are interested they will send a PM to Steve. I think there has been some misreading of Steve's post. In fact when I first read it myself I thought posters were going to have more say in the process, but after reading the post again I don't think that is the case. Maybe we need to have more input from Steve on this matter?

Exactly as you said it and I highly recommend that if someone feels that another member would be a good mod shoot them a pm and ask them to apply.

Also from my post

each person should be able to voice there opinion on who should and should not be a mod.

Thats what this thread is for so yes, you all get to voice your opinions as well in this thread.
All peoples pms to me will be loooked at as showing interest, We will then re-read all the posts in this thread to get member feedback and then we will read up on that persons actions in the past. Theres a little more to it on the mods side than just saying yes or no to the future mods of MTF.
Also for those who think there may be favoritism amongst certain members etc rest assured there is no way someone can be elected as a mod due to any sort of favoritism. There are way to many deciding factors to allow room for favoritism.

09-25-2006, 06:52 PM
I suppose. I think many people don't think of that though. :shrug:
I think we need Steve to clear this up more. It seems like the more information we get the less the situation is understood.

Steve
09-25-2006, 06:54 PM

Yes, more mods in any of the forums. I did not ever say specific forums, or player forums only.

tangerine_dream
09-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Deb is already moderator of the Roddick forum and GWH has his hands full with the super-popular and busy Gaudio forum. Are these new mods supposed to be for the entire MTF site (supermods, I guess is what you call them)?

In that case I would say that Lee, colbat, Fee, these are some good supermod candidates.

savesthedizzle
09-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Yes, more mods in any of the forums. I did not ever say specific forums, or player forums only.

Hmm.... okay. I'm still a bit confused, but that's okay.

Deboogle!.
09-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Deb is already moderator of the Roddick forum and GWH has his hands full with the super-popular and busy Gaudio forum. Are these new mods supposed to be for the entire MTF site (supermods, I guess is what you call them)?

In that case I would say that Lee, colbat, Fee, these are some good supermod candidates.well steve made it pretty clear it's not a supermod thing, but instead breaking up the board into its various parts. For example, if someone is going to moderate Non-Tennis, it should be someone who posts there a lot and is familiar with how it works. Someone moderating the current tournament forums should be someone who posts OPs, participates in the scoring threads, who knows how it works., etc etc. it seems a much more logical way to deal with the board, rather than just continually adding supermods who have to be responsible for everything. Having a tiered system with Steve and the admins, then the supermods, then a group of people responsible just for one or two parts of the board seems to make a world of sense to me.

I can't speak for GWH, but being forum mod of the Andy forum takes maybe 2 minutes a week.

El Legenda
09-25-2006, 07:00 PM
I can't speak for GWH, but being forum mod of the Andy forum takes maybe 2 minutes a week.

well no kidding..its take 2 min when you got everyone :scared: of you over there...

Deboogle!.
09-25-2006, 07:01 PM
well no kidding..its take 2 min when you got everyone :scared: of you over there...

:)Exactly! ;) :p :rolleyes:

savesthedizzle
09-25-2006, 07:03 PM
well steve made it pretty clear it's not a supermod thing, but instead breaking up the board into its various parts. For example, if someone is going to moderate Non-Tennis, it should be someone who posts there a lot and is familiar with how it works. Someone moderating the current tournament forums should be someone who posts OPs, participates in the scoring threads, who knows how it works., etc etc. it seems a much more logical way to deal with the board, rather than just continually adding supermods who have to be responsible for everything. Having a tiered system with Steve and the admins, then the supermods, then a group of people responsible just for one or two parts of the board seems to make a world of sense to me.

In his original post he seems to make it a larger commitment than that, which is what also seems to be a bit confusing. I think many of us who would be interested in applying don't really know what is wanted, needed, or expected of us.

tangerine_dream
09-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Perhaps Steve should make a list of the various parts of MTF where they'd like to place mods? That way it would be easier to break things down and vote for various candidates.

Deboogle!.
09-25-2006, 07:04 PM
Perhaps Steve should make a list of the various parts of MTF where they'd like to place mods? That way it would be easier to break things down and vote for various candidates.Excellent idea. seems as though most of us are a bit confused...

savesthedizzle
09-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Perhaps Steve should make a list of the various parts of MTF where they'd like to place mods? That way it would be easier to break things down and vote for various candidates.

I agree, that would be helpful.

Steve
09-25-2006, 07:05 PM
GM and non tennis will need mods.

If certain player forums need mods they will get them and yes, it could take 2 minutes per week to mod a player forum. Player forums in partiular (if a mod is assigned) may not require any moderating for 2 weeks or more. A mod is someone who could regularly check up on there section, remove spam, uselss posts, etc etc etc
Yes we need more super mods but you have to start as a mod, just to get the hang of the functionality of the tools you get when you are a mod. And of course your attitude towards other members and the way you represent the board plays a small factor :)

bad gambler
09-25-2006, 07:07 PM
Different moderators for different parts of the board whether it be GM, NT, tournament sections, player forums, general player talk (possibly) etc - this streamlines responsibility and shares the workload around because it is fair to say the 4 people doing it at the moment need a lot of assistance. That is what Steve is trying to achieve.

Also I think people have this misconception that it is only the current mod group has the final say. Ultimately Steve is the webmaster and therefore it is his decision based on his first post in this thread.

I'll throw in my 2 cents but I am in no position to order Steve around as to who should or shouldn't become a mod. Though rumour has it Steve can be bribed if the price is right :p

Steve
09-25-2006, 07:10 PM
well steve made it pretty clear it's not a supermod thing, but instead breaking up the board into its various parts. For example, if someone is going to moderate Non-Tennis, it should be someone who posts there a lot and is familiar with how it works. Someone moderating the current tournament forums should be someone who posts OPs, participates in the scoring threads, who knows how it works., etc etc. it seems a much more logical way to deal with the board, rather than just continually adding supermods who have to be responsible for everything. Having a tiered system with Steve and the admins, then the supermods, then a group of people responsible just for one or two parts of the board seems to make a world of sense to me.

YAAAAAAAY!!!!

I guess Im no good at explaining things :confused:

El Legenda
09-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Also think about Time zones...you dont want most of the MODS sleeping at a same time :rolls: :p

Steve
09-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Im going to try to add to this as well. A mod of a specified forum is primarily responsible for keeping that forum clean, active, and free of spam so yes it should be a forum that interests you and one that you frequent. If someone wants to be a mod of a less active players forum that can still be considered provided that when you send me a pm you let me know what you feel you can contribute to that forum to help it grow. The mod job is not hard an will not take up alot of your time. All it takes is a few minutes per day MAX.
The biggest thing here is dedication and commitment but you can always step down at any time.

I hope now some of you appreciate the amount of time and effort the super mods put in to try to keep this board clean and active. They do it all including reading all of the reported posts, and responding to all the members requests. Im just trying to take a little bit of load off them and have us all working together. After all most of tyou are all here for the same reason right?

Denaon
09-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Im going to try to add to this as well. A mod of a specified forum is primarily responsible for keeping that forum clean, active, and free of spam so yes it should be a forum that interests you and one that you frequent. If someone wants to be a mod of a less active players forum that can still be considered provided that when you send me a pm you let me know what you feel you can contribute to that forum to help it grow. The mod job is not hard an will not take up alot of your time. All it takes is a few minutes per day.

I hope now some of you appreciate the amount of time and effort the super mods put in to try to keep this board clean and active. They do it all including reading all of the reported posts, and responding to all the members requests. Im just trying to take a little bit of load off them and have us all working together. After all most of tyou are all here for the same reason right?

May I mod Puerta's forum?? Piece of cake these days :D :D :rolls:
Nah..seriously...I think now it's clear what you've asked for ;)

Carlita
09-25-2006, 07:45 PM
May I mod Puerta's forum?? Piece of cake these days :D :D :rolls:
Nah..seriously...I think now it's clear what you've asked for ;):haha:

MisterQ
09-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Since the general user base will not have a chance to vote, I will weigh in on my hopes for the ideal moderator:

1. Has a laissez-faire approach to closing threads. Irrelevant, repetitive, juvenile, or critical threads are allowed to stay open; only in cases of extreme obscenity or attacks that go past a civil standard of discourse are they closed.

2. Does not make generalizations, positive or negative, about given fan groups.

3. Does not post negatively about specific posters unless addressing them directly.

4. Is tolerant of respectful criticism, because for better or for worse there will always be criticism directed towards those in power.

El Legenda
09-25-2006, 07:55 PM
Since the general user base will not have a chance to vote, I will weigh in on my hopes for the ideal moderator:

1. Has a laissez-faire approach to closing threads. Irrelevant, repetitive, juvenile, or critical threads are allowed to stay open; only in cases of extreme obscenity or attacks that go past a civil standard of discourse are they closed.

3. Does not post negatively about specific posters unless addressing them directly.

4. Is tolerant of respectful criticism, because for better or for worse there will always be criticism directed towards those in power.

:yeah: General Seinfeld and his Army will sack Steve and make MisterQ the new El Presidente :lol:

savesthedizzle
09-25-2006, 07:57 PM

:yeah:

LaTenista
09-25-2006, 07:57 PM
I agree totally with Mister Q except repetitive threads should be merged with the older thread, especially in GM which always seems to be cluttered.

bad gambler
09-25-2006, 07:58 PM
^^

MisterQ
09-25-2006, 08:01 PM
I agree totally with Mister Q except repetitive threads should be merged with the older thread, especially in GM which always seems to be cluttered.

That does make sense, good point. :)

MisterQ
09-25-2006, 08:07 PM
:yeah: General Seinfeld and his Army will sack Steve and make MisterQ the new El Presidente :lol:

:lol: Thanks, but no coup for me! ;)

That's why I hesitate to be tooooo critical of our mods and admins, because they are willing to do something that LazyQ would never undertake. ;)

Hendu
09-25-2006, 08:44 PM

Thats what I was going to say.

Also, the relevancy of the threads has to be considered. For example, threads about matters not connected to tennis (like the arse clown threads, concerning other posters) don't belong in GM.

The same with the rest of the forums.

cobalt60
09-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Well I thank you all who have bantered my name about. That is very nice and I truly am grateful that you think well of me. That said I have no intention at this time of applying for a moderator position. I come here for my own amusement and escape if you will from the real life I lead. A bit of selfishness on my part;) I already am in a position of authority a few times over and really don't need anymore of that. Besides I already have kids and 2 are quite enough for me at this point. :lol: But again I thank those who thought I would do a decent and fair job. :hug:

Deboogle!.
09-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Besides I already have kids and 2 are quite enough for me at this point. :lol: But again I thank those who thought I would do a decent and fair job. :hug:What, hubs doesn't count as a third kid? ;););)

revolution
09-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Well I thank you all who have bantered my name about. That is very nice and I truly am grateful that you think well of me. That said I have no intention at this time of applying for a moderator position. I come here for my own amusement and escape if you will from the real life I lead. A bit of selfishness on my part;) I already am in a position of authority a few times over and really don't need anymore of that. Besides I already have kids and 2 are quite enough for me at this point. :lol: But again I thank those who thought I would do a decent and fair job. :hug:

You rock :D You would have been like the best mod ever!

Scotso
09-25-2006, 10:20 PM

You're right, Adam. I should learn from you, who never whines. Never whines about Federer, never whines about other posters, never whines about people "whinging."

You set a marvelous example.

Steve
09-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Some threads I can skim through, but this one I have to read every single word of every post because I feel it is an important thread. I dont really want to be wasting time reading the bickering.

:angel:

edit: how do you spell bickering? :confused:

savesthedizzle
09-25-2006, 11:53 PM
Some threads I can skim through, but this one I have to read every single word of every post because I feel it is an important thread. I dont really want to be wasting time reading the bickering.

:angel:

edit: how do you spell bickering? :confused:

Bickering loooks right to me? :lol:

Deboogle!.
09-25-2006, 11:58 PM
bickering :yeah: http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/bicker

savesthedizzle
09-26-2006, 12:04 AM
bickering :yeah: http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/bicker

Ooh I didn't realize yahoo had this function. I usually check with m-w.com :lol:

Deboogle!.
09-26-2006, 12:35 AM
Yahoo! has everything! :lol: :worship: I'd be so lost without my Yahoo toolbar :haha:

savesthedizzle
09-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Yahoo! has everything! :lol: :worship: I'd be so lost without my Yahoo toolbar :haha:

Haha I uninstalled the Yahoo toolbar because it was annoying me :) But Yahoo does indeed have it all. :lol:

El Legenda
09-26-2006, 12:45 AM
Google Scholar is better :p

http://scholar.google.com/

all download Google Earth if you want to see your house from the sky :)

Deboogle!.
09-26-2006, 12:47 AM
Google Earth could very well possibly be the coolest thing ever.

El Legenda
09-26-2006, 12:50 AM

Needs to be more updated(the free version)....but i use it at school and they have the Google Earth Pro...and its amazing....

Lee
Haha I uninstalled the Yahoo toolbar because it was annoying me :) But Yahoo does indeed have it all. :lol:

Dito here.

Lee

:cool: Now I know which of my neighbors have a pool in their backyard. :lol:

cobalt60
09-26-2006, 12:51 AM
Unless you live in Maine- they haven't done those incredible satellite pics of the entire state;) yet. Are we hijacking this thread too? Sorry Steve back to being serious now :p You spelled bickering correctly. BTW you have a great first name.

Fee
09-26-2006, 01:21 AM
Google Earth got my house wrong, by 3 doors! But it's cool.

On topic, I think people should go ahead and name the people they would like to see as Mods in this thread. I was not thinking about it until my name was mentioned by others here, and now I am considering offering myself up as a Mod in the Challengers/Futures/Juniors area. I can probably keep myself out of trouble there (and perhaps Super Fabio would be interested in helping - he's in a different timezone and is a very diligent poster of entry lists and results :) ). The time commitment does worry me.

I need to write a PM to Scott...

Steve
09-26-2006, 01:22 AM
Ya, I started that in an attempt to stop vearing off topic.
ok, so back on topic.

(did I spell vearing right?)

Steve
09-26-2006, 01:25 AM

On topic, I think people should go ahead and name the people they would like to see as Mods in this thread.

Keep in mind if I dont get a pm from them then I can only assume they are not interested. So if you have someone in mind pm them to apply.

cobalt60
09-26-2006, 01:26 AM
Great idea Fee :yeah:

savesthedizzle
09-26-2006, 01:29 AM
ok, so back on topic.

That one is veering, I believe ;)

:lol:

But yes, I think Fee would be a great mod as well, so I do hope you apply Fee :)

Deboogle!.
09-26-2006, 01:54 AM

On topic, I think people should go ahead and name the people they would like to see as Mods in this thread. I was not thinking about it until my name was mentioned by others here, and now I am considering offering myself up as a Mod in the Challengers/Futures/Juniors area. I can probably keep myself out of trouble there (and perhaps Super Fabio would be interested in helping - he's in a different timezone and is a very diligent poster of entry lists and results :) ). The time commitment does worry me.
Ohhhhhhhhh you would be perfect to monitor that area! :D:D:D I can't imagine it would be too much of a time commitment there, it's not like a lot of attacking goes on in the Challenger forum :lol: The occasional merging of threads and whatnot, making sure the entry lists are up-to-date perhaps, etc. Probably it would only be a few more minutes per week than you already spend there. Eggcelent, Feeanova!!!

Fee
09-26-2006, 02:34 AM
Well, with that kind of support, how can I go wrong!?!?!?!?111hdkjhfkdsbckjbdjfgds

I shall PM the big Kahuna Steve (and I still need to PM Scott, clear up that ickiness from earlier. Sorry you all had to read that...)

bad gambler
09-26-2006, 02:44 AM
Fee :rocker2:

El Legenda
09-26-2006, 02:46 AM
Fee hates all Ljubicic fans...when she gets the power, all of us will be GONE :sad: :tears:

;)

Deboogle!.
09-26-2006, 02:51 AM
Fee hates all Ljubicic fans...when she gets the power, all of us will be GONE :sad: :tears:

;)You're expecting Ljubicic to play the Challenger or Future circuits anytime soon? ;)

savesthedizzle
09-26-2006, 02:57 AM

;)

Fee
09-26-2006, 03:03 AM

;)

But there are only six of you, so what's the point?

;) :kiss: -y poo

Fee
09-26-2006, 03:05 AM
Fee :rocker2:

BG :rocker2: :rocker2:

By the way, I only volunteered because Deb made me do it...

Deboogle!.
09-26-2006, 03:06 AM
BG :rocker2: :rocker2:

By the way, I only volunteered because Deb made me do it...Duh. :)

El Legenda
09-26-2006, 03:18 AM
But there are only six of you, so what's the point?

;) :kiss: -y poo

hey 7 not 6...get it right :mad: :wavey:

bad gambler
09-26-2006, 03:21 AM
Your extended family doesn't count Seinfeld :silly:

PennyThePenguin
09-26-2006, 03:22 AM
Well, with that kind of support, how can I go wrong!?!?!?!?111hdkjhfkdsbckjbdjfgds

I shall PM the big Kahuna Steve (and I still need to PM Scott, clear up that ickiness from earlier. Sorry you all had to read that...)

GO FEE GOO!! :p

El Legenda
09-26-2006, 03:23 AM

:ras: there is about 35,000 Ljubicic fans in St.Louis :) :wavey: + 4 million in Croatia and now his is hitting the Asian crowd..so that like 4.5billion :)

El Legenda
09-26-2006, 03:26 AM

also before i forget.... ;)

It's really good to hear your voice saying my name
It sounds so sweet
Coming from the lips of an angel
Hearing those words it makes me weak

:haha: good song :wavey:

bad gambler
09-26-2006, 03:31 AM
:unsure:

El Legenda
09-26-2006, 03:34 AM
relax..:lol: that was just a good spot to drop those lines :rolls:

Lee
09-26-2006, 04:05 AM
ok, so back on topic.

:p You need to practise sorting through all kinds of off topic posts in a thread as veering off topic is the norm in MTF. ;) Both intentional and unintentional.

adee-gee
09-26-2006, 11:41 AM
You're right, Adam. I should learn from you, who never whines. Never whines about Federer, never whines about other posters, never whines about people "whinging."

You set a marvelous example.
You need help.

Horatio Caine
09-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Let's cut to the chase...

Ducky for Roddick forum moderator :rocker:

Mistaflava - anger management moderator.

Jim - "keeping the peace" moderator.

In all seriousness...Debs and Adee would make good moderators.

Horatio Caine
09-26-2006, 09:11 PM

How exactly is everyone :scared: of Debs?! :haha:

She is :hearts:

Horatio Caine
09-26-2006, 09:17 PM

;)
...should have been done a long time ago!

Mwuhhahahahahaha :devil: :fiery:

Horatio Caine
09-26-2006, 09:19 PM
:ras: there is about 35,000 Ljubicic fans in St.Louis :) :wavey: + 4 million in Croatia and now his is hitting the Asian crowd..so that like 4.5billion :)

Meh...he'll be forgotten soon enough :wavey:

bad gambler
09-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Jezzer you should express interest

bad gambler
09-26-2006, 09:21 PM
How exactly is everyone :scared: of Debs?! :haha:

She is :hearts:

Have you cleared being able to call her that with Deb? :unsure:

adee-gee
09-26-2006, 09:22 PM
*nods*

Vamos Jez :rocker2:

shotgun
09-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Steve, for which sections of the board exactly are you seeking moderators? Every one of them?

Steve
09-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Thats a looong story.

Read back some its all in here :)

Steve
09-26-2006, 10:29 PM
You have until Friday at midnight EST. to show your interest via pm

Horatio Caine
09-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Have you cleared being able to call her that with Deb? :unsure:

I wear the trousers :devil:

Horatio Caine
09-26-2006, 10:33 PM

Me? Mod? :haha:

Does that mean I'd have to give up trolling the Croat forums / threads? :awww: :hysteric:

Deboogle!.
09-26-2006, 10:51 PM
Have you cleared being able to call her that with Deb? :unsure:Yes he has :)

(I actually think you'd do a good job, Jez, b/c you're irreverent with everyone :p)

shotgun
09-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Ok, I finally read through it all. :p

IMO the board needs moderators for the following areas:

- General Messages: I think two mods would be a good number. They should have a good knowledge of tennis and, most importantly, know if certain issue was already discussed in another thread, to proceed with the mergers. No need to delete a thread where a certain player is being bashed, as long as it's kept civil. It would be ok to have a thread or two like "Fed-tard bashers anonymous", as long as it's not all over the section. That's where the importance of the merging function appears.

- Non-tennis: I think one mod would be enough. It has to be a person who is active on the chat threads, is known and well-liked by most, and most importantly, has liberal views. Remember that this is not exactly the most serious section of the board, if you know what I mean. So threads and posts should only be deleted if they are going against the forum rules (discriminatory, excessively rude, etc.).

- Current tournaments: One moderator to post entry lists as soon as they come out, keep them updated, post order of plays, punish members who post fake live scores, etc. Not long ago we had the problem of members posting disordered entry lists, not being bothered to update them, or posting incomplete order of plays - just because they wanted to get vCash. So a mod would be very important in this section.

- Challengers forum: Someone to post the entry lists and update them - not many of us can be bothered to update challenger entry lists so it's a recurring problem in that section. And I also think it would be very important to have the draws and results in the first page - sometimes it's very hard to find them, given that sometimes the threads are also used for live scores.

I'm not a frequent visitor of Players Forums so I don't have an opinion on them. The Gambling Forum already has an active and efficient mod (bg), and the other sections work well as they are right now.

Deboogle!.
09-27-2006, 12:04 AM
That's a really great analysis and I totally agree, except that I think the people doing the current tourney and challengers forums wouldn't necessarily have to actually post the lists, but just make sure they're updated properly (and since having a mod would allow someone to edit the posts, that would be possible :yeah: ). :D I definitely definitely agree on the fake live scoring issue, that's one of the bigger problems in the tourney threads, sadly.

bad gambler
09-27-2006, 12:38 AM
Good job Renato, you're in :p

LaTenista
09-27-2006, 12:52 AM
I'd vote for Renato. :yeah:

shotgun
09-27-2006, 02:32 AM
:lol: thanks for the positive feedback guys.

Just my 2 cents, not sure if I personally would be willing to be a mod. I could send a PM to Steve in case I change my mind though. :)

Steve
09-27-2006, 02:41 AM
:lol: thanks for the positive feedback guys.

Just my 2 cents, not sure if I personally would be willing to be a mod. I could send a PM to Steve in case I change my mind though. :)
Having the support of members actually makes the mod position enjoyable.

bad gambler
09-27-2006, 02:43 AM
Definitely makes a difference

Hendu
09-27-2006, 02:49 AM
I would support Shotgun Blues for mod. For sure.

shotgun
09-27-2006, 03:04 AM
Ok, I'll definitely give it a second thought. ;)

Action Jackson
09-27-2006, 06:27 AM
In my view Shotgun Blues and Merton would be perfect as mods, as long as they had time to do it.

MisterQ
09-27-2006, 12:34 PM
In my view Shotgun Blues and Merton would be perfect as mods, as long as they had time to do it.

Good picks. :yeah:

BlackSilver
09-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Mechlan would be great.
Merton and Blues the same

adee-gee
09-27-2006, 12:59 PM
Having the support of members actually makes the mod position enjoyable.
Prabu enjoys it and no-one likes him though :p

Just kidding Prabs, you know I love you :inlove:

cobalt60
09-27-2006, 01:35 PM
I think Renato and Merton would be great too :yeah:

+alonso
09-27-2006, 06:08 PM
I third that :yeah:

revolution
09-27-2006, 08:19 PM
how about NicoFan? I think she's awesome and would make a great mod!

Action Jackson
09-27-2006, 08:25 PM
how about NicoFan? I think she's awesome and would make a great mod!

No.

Horatio Caine
09-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Yes he has :)

:banana:

:nerner: Prabu

;)

(I actually think you'd do a good job, Jez, b/c you're irreverent with everyone :p)

Stop using big words! :lol: Should I be ashamed that I actually had to look that up? :o Irreverent...then reverent...then reverence...then working out the opposite of it! :haha: :haha:

But I don't like what you say :( :kiss:

adee-gee
09-27-2006, 10:20 PM
I thought the word irrelevant to describe Jez would be more appropriate :p :kiss:

Deboogle!.
09-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Stop using big words! :lol: Should I be ashamed that I actually had to look that up? :o Irreverent...then reverent...then reverence...then working out the opposite of it! :haha: :haha: :haha: :rolls: And you're gonna be a lawyer?! :lol: :smooch: (btw what the heck dictionary did you use? http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/irreverent has it right away :lol: )
But I don't like what you say :( :kiss: :awww: I didn't mean it badly!! I meant that you're funny and sarcastic with everyone, no matter who they are and who they like :D

Scotso
09-27-2006, 11:56 PM
No.

What could you possibly have against Lynn?

Steve
09-28-2006, 12:16 AM
Hm, no pm's today for mods.........

Horatio Caine
09-28-2006, 12:40 AM
I thought the word irrelevant to describe Jez would be more appropriate :p :kiss:

:mad: I don't :inlove: you andy more Adam :bigcry:

:D

Horatio Caine
09-28-2006, 12:43 AM
:haha: :rolls: And you're gonna be a lawyer?! :lol: :smooch: (btw what the heck dictionary did you use? http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/irreverent has it right away :lol: )

:haha: I put it down to not reading as much recreationally these days...although I have just started an 1100 page book by Stephen King - "It." I wonder how much I will have read by Christmas when lectures kick in next week :tape:

:awww: I didn't mean it badly!! I meant that you're funny and sarcastic with everyone, no matter who they are and who they like :D

I know ;) :smooch:

But some people here scare me...one of them you included in your rep to me yesterday - an American! :haha: :haha:

Deboogle!.
09-28-2006, 04:10 AM
But some people here scare me...one of them you included in your rep to me yesterday - an American! :haha: :haha::haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: You always make me laugh, Jez :) (*trying to remember the rep I gave you yesterday :unsure: :haha: )

NYCtennisfan
09-28-2006, 04:30 AM
Mistaflava for supreme moderator. Fun times would be had by all. :)

Steve
09-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Mistaflava was banned for a short period of time. Could be a perma ban, we'll see when he comes back what his attitude is like.

adee-gee
09-28-2006, 04:06 PM
:mad: I don't :inlove: you andy more Adam :bigcry:

:D

Can Jez and I control the British forums? :p

belco
09-28-2006, 04:34 PM

i want to control the world *evil laugh*

Neely
09-28-2006, 11:28 PM
I'm going to mention a username which nobody has mentioned so far: smucav

I've never ever seen her fighting with somebody over something, or I can't even remember one single bad post of her; very informative posts; already has a good eye on wrong/duplicate posts; does along with, for example, Shotgun and Fee, a very good job in the tournament forum and posts useful and up-to-date information and entry lists which many of us appreciate to look at.

She would be a great choice for the tournament forums.

I already asked her by PM yesterday and she read it. Maybe she agrees and would be interested in it :)

LaTenista
09-28-2006, 11:40 PM
Mistaflava was banned for a short period of time. Could be a perma ban, we'll see when he comes back what his attitude is like.

IMHO Flava's attitude was worse after he was banned the first time. :o

09-28-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm going to mention a username which nobody has mentioned so far: smucav

I've never ever seen her fighting with somebody over something, or I can't even remember one single bad post of her; very informative posts; already has a good eye on wrong/duplicate posts; does along with, for example, Shotgun and Fee, a very good job in the tournament forum and posts useful and up-to-date information and entry lists which many of us appreciate to look at.

She would be a great choice for the tournament forums.

I already asked her by PM yesterday and she read it. Maybe she agrees and would be interested in it :)

Excellent choice Neely :) I think she was overlooked because of the main area she normally posts in. Not every poster goes into the tournament forum :sad: I would definitely support her :D ( I hope I didn't just give her the "kiss of death" for supporting her!)

Horatio Caine
09-29-2006, 12:00 AM

Oh man...please don't ban him permanently! :lol:

He just has a few issues that's all :haha:

Horatio Caine
09-29-2006, 12:01 AM

You can have the Flanners forum :banana: Is there even one? :secret:

I LIKE POWER! Mwuhahahahahahahahaha :devil: :devil:

Neely
09-29-2006, 12:17 AM
Excellent choice Neely :) I think she was overlooked because of the main area she normally posts in. Not every poster goes into the tournament forum :sad: I would definitely support her :D ( I hope I didn't just give her the "kiss of death" for supporting her!)
No, don't worry about that :lol: It was my intention to mention her name so that others can agree/disagree to that and support her. And first of all, it's her call if she would be interested in it.

shotgun
09-29-2006, 03:01 AM
I agree, Neely. smucav would be the perfect person to manage the tournaments forum, and I don't think she would mind.

Deboogle!.
09-29-2006, 03:04 AM
Maybe for keeping the entry lists updated, but she doesn't really know any of the posters, so I would be concerned if she were in charge of monitoring conduct in the livescoring threads. that's my .02 :)

shotgun
09-29-2006, 03:06 AM
put Bilbo in charge of the live score threads :haha:

bad gambler
09-29-2006, 03:14 AM

"Fair play" Shotgun Blues

"As expected"

shotgun
09-29-2006, 03:26 AM

"As expected"

"Some very surprising bets in here"

"GSM Bilbo"

"Rip him a big fat new one"

Deboogle!.
09-29-2006, 03:26 AM
He'd rip those threads a new one :scared:

LOL Shotgun great minds :haha:

Oh also.... "you broke the rules.... clear as water"

RickDaStick
09-29-2006, 03:47 AM

"As expected"

"clear as water" has to be my favorite especially when its on serve in the
1st set

MisterQ
09-29-2006, 03:50 AM
Maybe for keeping the entry lists updated, but she doesn't really know any of the posters, so I would be concerned if she were in charge of monitoring conduct in the livescoring threads. that's my .02 :)

I don't think we can know whether she knows the posters. And at any rate, it doesn't seem necessary to know them in order to evaluate their conduct. :)

Deboogle!.
09-29-2006, 04:08 AM
I don't think we can know whether she knows the posters. And at any rate, it doesn't seem necessary to know them in order to evaluate their conduct. :)Well she never participates in the live scoring threads and a lot of people in this thread have voiced a desire for whoever moderates a particular section to be familiar and acquainted with the posters/tendencies/etc in that particular section. Plus, I think mods need to be accessible people who people feel comfortable with, especially with something like the tense livescoring threads. I mean we wouldn't want a person to moderate a player forum where they don't participate and talk to anyone, we wouldn't want someone to moderate NT if they didn't participate and kind of know how things go there, etc. I don't see why the tourney forums should be any different :) (and anyway because there are lots of tourneys and stuff going on at once, it might make sense to have one person to do the entry list updates and another to do the scoring threads, so that each person has to do less anyway)

MisterQ
09-29-2006, 04:24 AM
Well she never participates in the live scoring threads and a lot of people in this thread have voiced a desire for whoever moderates a particular section to be familiar and acquainted with the posters/tendencies/etc in that particular section. Plus, I think mods need to be accessible people who people feel comfortable with, especially with something like the tense livescoring threads. I mean we wouldn't want a person to moderate a player forum where they don't participate and talk to anyone, we wouldn't want someone to moderate NT if they didn't participate and kind of know how things go there, etc. I don't see why the tourney forums should be any different :)

She has posted in the live scoring threads before, and frequently is the one to begin the thread with the order of play. She may not feel the need to post every time the score changes, but it doesn't mean she's not aware of what's going on. The vast majority of her posts are in the tournament threads... she seems like a regular.

Action Jackson
09-29-2006, 07:42 AM

"Some very surprising bets in here"

"GSM Bilbo"

"Rip him a big fat new one"

Don't forget bilbo's grandmother in the wheelchair.

Cindy19
09-29-2006, 07:50 AM

I am agree with you :wavey:

Horatio Caine
09-29-2006, 11:53 AM

:haha: :haha:

"Like clockwork"

CooCooCachoo
09-29-2006, 02:46 PM
I would apply for Challengers as there are some real idiots in there posting really rude things and no one is doing anything about it.

sharpeirob
09-29-2006, 02:48 PM
I am a good representative of the African community :yeah:

Just incase you did not see :)

belco
09-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Just incase you did not see :)

sharpeirob
09-29-2006, 03:52 PM

What do you find so funny?

belco
09-29-2006, 04:55 PM

incase u didnt see/reminder ;P

Horatio Caine
09-29-2006, 10:35 PM
"clear as water" has to be my favorite especially when its on serve in the
1st set

:tape:

"Of course he blew both" (bps)

adee-gee
09-29-2006, 10:36 PM
:tape:

"Of course he blew both" (bps)

I'm glad you clarified that with the brackets, I was getting dirty thoughts ;)

Scotso
09-29-2006, 11:00 PM

Maybe the fact that you aren't even from/in Africa?

Horatio Caine
09-29-2006, 11:47 PM
I'm glad you clarified that with the brackets, I was getting dirty thoughts ;)

:eek: :haha: :haha:

I didn't think of it that way at the time :aplot:

Horatio Caine
09-29-2006, 11:50 PM
What research are you doing for Debs, Adee? :scratch:

World domination? :p :lol:

Deboogle!.
09-29-2006, 11:50 PM
What research are you doing for Debs, Adee? :scratch:

World domination? :p :lol::ras: He's helping me find Andy's forehand :sad:

Horatio Caine
09-30-2006, 12:04 AM
:ras: He's helping me find Andy's forehand :sad:

I hope he's not planning to retire at 65 then ;)

Steve
09-30-2006, 04:46 AM
Ok all, mod request is closed. We will get back to you in a few days. Thanks everyone for expressing interest!

belco
09-30-2006, 05:36 AM
:yippee:

good luck all :D