NRL - Grand Final
Competitor Win Points Line

MELBOURNE STORM 1.80

BRISBANE BRONCOS 1.95

:lol:

xcrap
09-23-2006, 01:31 PM
melb easily..

showned tonight why they are number 1...

wood on broncos 2-0 this year.. and if these stats are consistance in the finals, storm will win..

dragons wood over broncos..
dragons wood over manly
broncos wood over doggies
storm wood over dragons
storm wood over broncos..

sports freak
09-24-2006, 12:01 AM
melb easily..

showned tonight why they are number 1...

wood on broncos 2-0 this year.. and if these stats are consistance in the finals, storm will win..

dragons wood over broncos..
dragons wood over manly
broncos wood over doggies
storm wood over dragons
storm wood over broncos..

I think to be honest you can actually throw all the stats out in the GF to be honest,anything can happen and it showed the last how many yrs!!Yes the Storms have shown to be unstoppable with their all round game!!This Broncos unit showed us against the Dogs werent no fluke,lets match these guys up with game breakers!!O.K there's not much of a weakness in the Storms but apparently Dragons found abit on the left side,and guess who is marking on the left hand side,yes Justin Hodges the Best Centre this yr,sorry Gaz!!!Shane Webcke's last game should be very very interesting!!!Just remember how many State of Origin players in the Broncos n how many in Storms aswell,another words big time players,also the stat with Dally M winner not being able to back it up with the Premiership Cup is still on the line!!!Cant see Crocker playin,it would be a miracle n a big blow below the belt buckle no doubt!!

Lockyer/Berrigan/Hodges/Tait/Tupou/Hunt/!!
Smith/Cronk/Inglis/King/Turner/Slater!!

Webcke/5 Cents/Carrol/Thorn/Thaiday!!
Cross/Crossman/Kaufusi/Scott/Turner!!

The Key for Broncos of course plain n simple forwards get on top n Lockyer does what he do best,for them winning if not then Storms will hold their own in all the other areas,altough no teams has got Tait n Hodges n their dispense,big n fast with all the tricks in the book,also Hunt has been a rock in the fullback,,i have been impressed with him!!GF are all about MENTAL TOUGHNESS!!

good_gambler
09-24-2006, 03:02 AM
It is going to be one helluva game!!
Doesn't look like I'll end up going. :sobbing:

Anyway, Melbourne have been in cruise control for the last (probably) 3 months and even against St George looked like they were only in 3rd gear.
Add to that the fact Greg Inglis had one of his quietest games of the year.
And they still got the job done relatively easy.

Brisbane been in good form since they last met Melbourne. (That was the turning point in their season)
And in the second half against the Dogs where AWESOME!!
Would have steamrolled a "best of the world" 17.

Head to head this season is 2-0 to Melbourne.
BUT both those 2 matches where played during Brisbane's 5 match losing streak and both where tough 6 point victories too the Storm... 10-4 / 18-12.

If Brisbane play the way they played that 2nd half against the Dogs they'll win.
If Melbourne play at full strength they'll win.

If they both play as above... :scared: :rocker2:

I'm unsure as too what to do.
I have Storm outright @ $4.25 - taken before they played St. George.

The main reason I did that was so that if this GF did take place I would hedge big time.
Now I'm unsure. :scared:

BTW, I hope those bitches down at the NRL headquarters are happy with their decision to not play a GF outside of Sydney till at least 2012. :devil:

IMO, it would be better to have this game played at Suncorp in front of a PACKED 55, 000 as oppose to maybe 50, 000 at Telstra Stadium. :retard:

sports freak
09-24-2006, 06:20 AM
It should be a cracker of a game,the lost of Crocker could be Huge!!!Broncos are mentally alot tougher then the Dragons,they also have big time players which is the key!!Agree Storms played Broncos when theyre were mentally down,also not too sure if they were fully strength aswell,plus Shaun Berrigan is on FIRE!!!!I would hedge if i was you mate,cos i dont think its gonna be easy for the Storms!!

It would be very unfair if this was played at Suncorp due to Storms finishing Minor Premiers,should always stick with Tradition imo!!!!leave it as it is!!

Mr Flamboyant
09-24-2006, 12:05 PM
RUGBY LEAGUE
NRL - Grand Final
Competitor Win Points Line

MELBOURNE STORM 1.80

BRISBANE BRONCOS 1.95

:lol:

I think those odds are about spot on .. Melbourne are going to be tough to break down .. They clearly have so much faith in each other and the structure that's got them to this point. Seems strange to be say, but the Broncos probably have a little bit more 'x' factor about them .. ie a couple more individuals who're capable of creating something from nothing. But then again Billy Slater and Greg Inglis have that quality in spades.

Whatever happend to predictable, boring Brisbane?? ;)

I think Brisbane will have to do something to take the Storm out of their 'comfort zone' (if there is such a thing in rugby league?!). It'll be fascinating to watch.

good_gambler
09-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Going to hedge.

Knowing me I will all out hedge and if Melbourne wins I'll break even.
If Brisbane wins. :drink: :aparty: :woohoo: :rocker: :music: :rocker2: :singer:

Been searching for this Broncos winning chant.
I need to know so I have something to yell at 9pm Sunday night. :D
So far all I got is the bottom couple lines in my sig which is probably not even it. :unsure:
Will e-mail the guys at the Broncos website for it.
They should know.

Mr Flamboyant
09-26-2006, 09:46 PM
Mate what about this old doozie from 1992 .. sung by the "Ipswich Connection" (Alan Langer and the Walters brothers) .. remember ..?

"Hey hey we're the Broncos .. and we're not horsing around ..
we're too busy training .. trying to win the Winfield crown ...!" :dance:

good_gambler
09-27-2006, 02:00 AM
To tell you the truth I would have been 5 years old. :haha: :haha:

So I don't remember. :lol:

Finns4
09-27-2006, 02:02 AM
im happy e-ther way bcoz ive got $500 on the broncos @$10 so just hedging

however i think the Storm will win, they dont have all the pressure and hype surrounding them like Brisbane

Finns4
09-27-2006, 02:04 AM
Im gonna throw some coin on Brisbane 0-10 as well @ $4.50

bad gambler
09-27-2006, 02:56 AM
This one looks too easy

dave nz
09-27-2006, 07:59 AM
I will be betting Brisbane but won't know how much till gameday.

bad gambler
09-27-2006, 09:14 AM
Interesting Dave

On the other side come Sunday

dave nz
09-27-2006, 09:45 AM
I love the Broncs in this spot BG.....

good_gambler
09-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Broncos out to $2.25.

Oh, how silly people are.
I hope it keeps rising.

The first drop that happens, is when I'll take them.

Year of the Horse. :rocker:

Mr Flamboyant
09-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Anybody have a feel for the Premier League decider ..? Parramatta $1.70 vs Newtown $2.10 .. I'll check the lineups later, but the Eels would have to have a couple of top liners who're eligible to play in this one for whatever reason .. ?

good_gambler
09-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Newtown:

1. Aidan Kirk
2. Aaron Lai
3. Vince Mellars
4. Mitch Aubusson
5. Troy Malcolm
6. Josh Lewis
7. Jamie Soward
8. Glenn Hall
9. Heath L'Estrange
10. Charles Tonga
11. Mickey Paea
12. Lopini Paea
13. Daniel Dumas

Interchange:
14. Lafi Manua
15 Luke Gordon
16. Michael Burns
17. Adam Schubert
19. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
20. Danny Williams
25. Rory Kostjasyn

good_gambler
09-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Can't find Parra anywhere.

Oh and sorry, I don't really have an opinion. :lol:

sparkus8
09-27-2006, 06:48 PM
Here's the Parra side.

PARRAMATTA EELS:
Starting Side:
1. Joel REDDY
2. Etu UAISELE
3. Ben FARRAR
4. Taulima TAUTAI
5. John WILLIAMS
6. Blake GREEN
7. Marcus PERENARA
8. Brendan OAKE
9. Matt KEATING
10. Peter LEWIS
11. Feleti MATEO
12. Zeb TAIA
13. Henry PERENARA (C)

Reserves:
14. Drew DALTON
15. Krisnan INU
16. Aaron WOOD
17. John FRITH

Coach:Craig CULNANE

good_gambler
09-28-2006, 03:40 AM
:lol: Centrebet already have the 2007 Premiership Winner Up:

MELBOURNE STORM 6.00
THE BULLDOGS 6.50
BRISBANE BRONCOS 7.00
PARRAMATTA EELS 11.00
ST GEORGE-ILLAWARRA 11.00
MANLY SEA EAGLES 13.00
NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS 13.00
NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS 15.00
NORTH QLD COWBOYS 15.00
GOLD COAST TITANS 17.00
WESTS TIGERS 17.00
SYDNEY ROOSTERS 21.00
CRONULLA SHARKS 26.00
SOUTH SYDNEY 26.00
PENRITH PANTHERS 34.00
CANBERRA RAIDERS 101.00

Hammering the shit out of Canberra right now. :haha: :haha:
:rolleyes:

Who in their right mind would bet on next years winner now. :confused:
Even thought he COwboys do look like value. :unsure:

BTW, I know this is off topic so I apologise but may as well post it here. :)

dave nz
09-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Lets finish what has been a good weekend with a bang :

Brisbane +3 (-105) over Melbourne-------------2 units

Brisbane ML (+130) over Melbourne-----------0.5 of a unit

Brisbane -12.5 (+450) over Melbourne----------0.2 of a unit

I do have a book with +4 but it has far more juice, so would rather take +3.

gl

dave

bad gambler
10-01-2006, 04:21 AM
Storm to beat Broncos - $1.75

good luck

betowiec
10-01-2006, 04:30 AM
Storm to beat Broncos - $1.75

good luck

tailing you BG

storm ML@1.704

sports freak
10-01-2006, 05:08 AM
What a battle 2nite with the Teacher vs Student scenario n who will be the successor!!!Should be a ripper of a contest n a field goal in the end could decide this enticing contest,if it came to that you would have to back Darren to do the job for his best mate Webcke!!!

bad gambler
10-01-2006, 05:50 AM
The super Jets for me in the Premier League Final - $2.00

Eels very lucky to be even here IMO, should have lost last week.

good luck

Straby
10-01-2006, 10:44 AM
What a massive decision by the video ref... :(

SadrieL
10-01-2006, 10:45 AM
This is bullshit, the refs don't want the Storm to win.

bad gambler
10-01-2006, 11:00 AM
What a farcical grand final

Decided by the egos of Simpkins and Harrigan. Clark would have done a better job and that is saying something

SadrieL
10-01-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm glad I didn't have as big a play on the Storm as I planned, I forgot how ridiculous these NRL refs can be.

bad gambler
10-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Congrats to the Broncos though, not their fault the refs don't know the rules :lol:

dave nz
10-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Lets finish what has been a good weekend with a bang :

Brisbane +3 (-105) over Melbourne-------------2 units

Brisbane ML (+130) over Melbourne-----------0.5 of a unit

Brisbane -12.5 (+450) over Melbourne----------0.2 of a unit

I do have a book with +4 but it has far more juice, so would rather take +3.

gl

dave

2-1 +2.35 units :cool:

betowiec
10-01-2006, 12:07 PM
tailing you BG

storm ML@1.704

this time ML=Money Lost

good_gambler
10-01-2006, 12:36 PM
I would be the last person to usually admit Brisbane got decisions go their way but seeing as though I also support Melbourne I'm with you guys.

It was a great season and like every other game the c**t in the middle had to fuck someting up. :retard:

Congratulations Brisbane. This is my biggest ever win. :banana: :music:

Mr Flamboyant
10-01-2006, 11:39 PM
Well I'm going to disagree with you all .. The no-try ruling against Melbourne in the second half was spot on and if you slow the thing down and have a proper look you'll clearly see it hits the arm of a Storm player ..

good_gambler
10-02-2006, 04:27 AM
Well I'm going to disagree with you all .. The no-try ruling against Melbourne in the second half was spot on and if you slow the thing down and have a proper look you'll clearly see it hits the arm of a Storm player ..
Actually, when Phil Gould was running his ugly ass retarded mouth off about it being a try I said to myself yelled at the TV, that it hit Hoffman's (I think) upper arm... just below his shoulder. But I'm 99% that does not constitute a knock-on and therefore was play on.

I think the biggest decision was probably the obstruction play from Berrigan which wasn't called.

It is all "fish and chip paper" now. :lol:

:aparty: :drink:

andrew057
10-02-2006, 07:12 AM
I havent watched the replay, but I had no problems with them result. Broncos were the better team?

bad gambler
10-02-2006, 07:30 AM
I havent watched the replay, but I had no problems with them result. Broncos were the better team?

lol were you under a rock or something last night which didn't allow you to watch the final? :p

I think on reflection I can't begrudge the Broncs the W - my point was that the rub of the green fell to the Broncs ALL night with some pretty key decision leading directly to points on the board e.g. the first penalty with the Slater strip which wasn't a strip close to the line and then the the blatant Berrigan shepherd which led to another 2 when in fact it should have been a Storm penalty. Decisions like those disrupts the momentum flow of a game. Not saying Storm would have won, but it is hard playing when you are behind the eight ball on the back of the referee blunders. Then also something as clear as Hodgers knocking a Billy Slater pass into touch but the head and feed given to the Broncs in their half. Pretty elementary stuff.

For a Grand Final there a no excuses for basic decisions to be wrong.

bad gambler
10-02-2006, 07:36 AM

I think it is fair to say that there was enough doubt in that play to suggest you can't give that a no try - that is the whole purpose of the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team rule.

Personally they should scrap that rule because the officials haven't been applying it all season.

dave nz
10-02-2006, 07:38 AM
Broncos should have won by more, Storm were very lucky to get as close as they did........

As for the no try it hit his arm.

sparkus8
10-02-2006, 07:53 AM
Having not had a bet on the game I think I can come in here and be unbiased and say the Storm were very unlucky. I'm not going to go and say they should have won the game, but it seemed that every 50/50 call went against them. Both penalty goals the Broncos kicked came from poor officiating and IMO the no try ruling against them was dubious at best as I thought Hoffman hit Hodges arm and not the ball.

Anyways I am just disappointed that the ref had such huge bearing on the game. It shouldn't surprise us though after the countless errors that have been made this year and I guess it was only a matter of time until it happened in a really big game.

dave nz
10-02-2006, 08:03 AM
95% of the other games I have seen this season where officiated worse than the Grand Final.

sports freak
10-02-2006, 08:04 AM
Actually, when Phil Gould was running his ugly ass retarded mouth off about it being a try I said to myself yelled at the TV, that it hit Hoffman's (I think) upper arm... just below his shoulder. But I'm 99% that does not constitute a knock-on and therefore was play on.

I think the biggest decision was probably the obstruction play from Berrigan which wasn't called.

It is all "fish and chip paper" now. :lol:

:aparty: :drink:

Both decisions were crucial no doubt n also went in the favour of the Broncos,no doubt they had the right filp of the coin n the Storms paid dearly for it unfortunately,the game was mared by faulty ref decision although it was a fantastic game,both AFL n NRL were absolutely brilliant worth every cent :)

sparkus8
10-02-2006, 11:40 AM
95% of the other games I have seen this season where officiated worse than the Grand Final.

Mate, I am not disagreeing with you there. But it is disappointing to see so many games these days being heavily influenced by the officiating.

I think it has a lot to do with the closeness of the teams. Because so many more games are now decided by small margins a bad call here or there can swing the game in one side's favour.

I thought the biggest decision of the game was the no shephard call on Berrigan. I can understand most of the other decisions that were made on the night as they were extremely tight calls, but that one looked like a cop out from Simpkins as I think he was hoping a try could be scored so he could get it checked by the video ref.

Anyways, congratulations to everyone in here. It all seemed like you had fairly successful season :)

Cheers,

Sparks