NBL RRRRROUND ONE .. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NBL RRRRROUND ONE ..

Mr Flamboyant
09-19-2006, 06:55 AM
Bored, so here's my predicted lines for round one .. (home teams on top)

Singapore +5.5
Adelaide -5.5

Townsville +2.5
Sydney -2.5

Perth -9.5
Singapore +9.5

Melbourne -7.5
Cairns +7.5

Sydney -1.5
Brisbane +1.5 (Cameron Tragardh in for injured Mark Bradtke .. ha!)

Wollongong -3.5
Adelaide +3.5

Finns4
09-19-2006, 11:11 AM
U gotta love Singapores +5.5 start i rekin the will win

bad gambler
09-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Where are you getting those lines from?

bad gambler
09-19-2006, 12:05 PM
Sorry just read the first sentence lol

FYI: Crosswhite will miss the Crocs game, still no word on Elliott

Mr Flamboyant
09-19-2006, 02:04 PM
FYI: Crosswhite will miss the Crocs game, still no word on Elliott

Don't think Crosswhite's absense will hurt the Kings at all against Townsville .. Saw the Crocs play Cairns in a pre-season game last thursday night and they're extremely small .. Vanderjagt is a poor man's starting centre IMO .. Then they'll meet Brisbane who're missing Mark Bradtke .. Sydney look so deep and Brian Goorjian is sure to have them ready to roll from the get go..

This Rodney Elliot sounds exciting .. and if history is any guide he'll be a stud .. Goorj sure knows how to find em ..

good_gambler
09-19-2006, 02:07 PM
The Singapore Vs Adeklaide game is up.

You were right.
5.5 is the line.

SINGAPORE SLINGERS 2.82
+3.5 2.10
+5.5 1.90

ADELAIDE 36ERS 1.44
-7.5 2.10
-5.5 1.90

bad gambler
09-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Crosswhite is in line for a breakout year this year IMO - going to get a hell a lot of court time as well. And you know the drill with Goorj and Aussie talent, seems to grow a leg when they play for him.

Yeah with Elliot some of the people in the Sydney know say he is going to be a stud, one of the best imports to hit these shores - big calls lets see him in action.

Mr Flamboyant
09-19-2006, 02:13 PM
Yeah with Elliot some of the people in the Sydney know say he is going to be a stud, one of the best imports to hit these shores - big calls lets see him in action.

Wow, that is a big call given they had a guy called Chris Williams just a couple of years ago ..

Mr Flamboyant
09-19-2006, 02:24 PM
Just checked, and the line from my errrr, bookie (Tab Sportsbet :help: :drink: :ras: :silly: :scared: :cuckoo: ) is +6.5 for Singapore .. They're $2.85 off the bat!

good_gambler
09-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Is this game not being shown on Fox Sports? :rolleyes: :retard:

I wanted to see this Singapore team in action.:(

bad gambler
09-19-2006, 02:29 PM
Wow, that is a big call given they had a guy called Chris Williams just a couple of years ago ..

CW aka Mr Smooth, those were the days :sad:

Mr Flamboyant
09-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Williams, Kavossy Franklin, Shane Heal and Matt Nielson ect .. t'was one hell of a lineup ..

dave nz
09-19-2006, 03:08 PM
I'm not liking the Kings chances this season......... personally I think the 5-1 for them to win the title is a joke of a line. However being such a well supported team in the betting with the punters that would be a significant reason behind that line.

Mr Flamboyant
09-20-2006, 12:00 AM
I'm not liking the Kings chances this season......... personally I think the 5-1 for them to win the title is a joke of a line. However being such a well supported team in the betting with the punters that would be a significant reason behind that line.

I haven't liked the look of the Kings (at this time of the year) for the about the past two or three seasons .. But while their rosters seem to look less impressive each year, Brian Goorjian just makes them work harder.

When they played the Taipans up here mid-season last year, they were just relentless .. I was nervous when WE had the ball! They didn't just guard you, they attacked in defense and forced turnovers .. They looked like a college team playing the NCAA grand final ..

One thing's for sure with Sydney, they won't underachieve .. Goorjian will squeeze every last drop out of these guys ..

bad gambler
09-20-2006, 01:12 AM
Guys just a reminder to send your tips in for today, still got a bit of time of course - I have received a few from some but not all as yet.

Cheers

Bolar Bolabi
09-20-2006, 01:17 AM
Waiting for the totals to be put up for tonight's match but at the moment I am liking Adelaide at the line.

Mr Flamboyant
09-20-2006, 01:29 AM
Bolar .. I've got 198.5 ..

bad gambler
09-20-2006, 03:47 AM
It was 192.5 last night ;)

Mr Flamboyant
09-20-2006, 04:36 AM
Hard to get a feel on the total .. Adelaide like to run and can rack up a score, but they may look to slow it down and go a little more inside now with Horvath in their group .. ?

andrew057
09-20-2006, 04:47 AM
193.5 at Pinnacle, money is for the under there.

Mr Flamboyant
09-20-2006, 05:07 AM
Hmmm.. Maybe 198.5 looks good in that regard then .. I guess it's concievable that both teams will have a certain amount of rustiness and first round nerves ect .. that could add up to a slow start ..

One of the definite trends I've noticed in the NBL is that second halves are considerably lower scoring than first halves .. That's not always the case in the NBA ..

dave nz
09-20-2006, 07:20 AM
I tend to lay low for the first few rounds of the NBL. Will be making some bets during that time but not many and mostly small stuff.

Pero is out for the Slingers tonight I just read..........may have a small play, back later If I go with it.

dave nz
09-20-2006, 07:36 AM
First bet of the season :

2 team parlay :

Slingers +10.5 / Storm +12.5 (-125)-------------0.4 of a unit

Slingers tonight to cover 10.5, Melbourne in the NRL in a few days to cover 12.5.

gl

dave

Mr Flamboyant
09-20-2006, 07:45 AM
I tend to lay low for the first few rounds of the NBL. Will be making some bets during that time but not many and mostly small stuff.

Pero is out for the Slingers tonight I just read..........may have a small play, back later If I go with it.

Wise move .. wait until one or two of the 'dud' sides jump out to their 4-1 start after which normality sets in ..

Bolar Bolabi
09-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Under 197.5 @ $1.87

Good luck!

Finns4
09-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Slingers +6.5

good_gambler
09-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Under 196.5 @ $1.93

bad gambler
09-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Like the under as well tonight

bad gambler
09-20-2006, 10:44 AM
Melmeth is suiting up tonight, lets roll....

Slingers to beat Sixers - $2.85

good luck

Langers
09-20-2006, 11:26 AM
I am confused.

I want to tip the 36ers....

What do I do? :confused:

bad gambler
09-20-2006, 11:30 AM
I am confused.

I want to tip the 36ers....

What do I do? :confused:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=86230&page=1

good_gambler
09-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Great scoreboard on the NBL site. :rolleyes:

I got 14-14.

4 mins in the 1st Quarter left??

Mr Flamboyant
09-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Adelaide 21 - 17 at quarter time .. You guys who hit the under can line up to cash it already ..

good_gambler
09-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Slingers on an 11-0 run. :unsure:

35-29. :bounce:

Mr Flamboyant
09-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Slingers on an 11-0 run. :unsure:

35-29. :bounce:

Someone aint keepin count properly .. I've got 34-34 :confused: (sportal.com.au)

good_gambler
09-20-2006, 01:57 PM
:lol:

I was looking at the nbl.com.au home site.

I keep refreshing it and the score is in the top right.

But it went from 35-29 to 31-26 to 37-37 or something. :cuckoo: :retard:

The sportal website is usually a bit delayed.

Currently I got 36ers 47-43.

Mr Flamboyant
09-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Yeah Sportal's crud but the best option tonight by the look of it .. 48-48 at halftime

SadrieL
09-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Why isn't the game live on Foxtel or something?

bad gambler
09-20-2006, 02:31 PM
Why isn't the game live on Foxtel or something?

Star Sports in Asia have exclusive rights of all Slingers home games

good_gambler
09-20-2006, 02:33 PM
I don't know.

I heard that Fox Sports signed a deal with Singapore television that will allow them to show all of Singapore's home games... but nothing tonight:rolleyes:

FS coverage starts next Tuesday.

Mr Flamboyant
09-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Singapore ML & ATS looking like money .. as is the under ..

bad gambler
09-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Gold stars for the majority here in the tipping comp as well, well done ;)

Mr Flamboyant
09-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Home teams with the start .. gotta love em

good_gambler
09-20-2006, 03:19 PM
:woohoo: 100% on the season.

I reckon I can keep this going for 21 more weeks! :lol:

Bolar Bolabi
09-21-2006, 12:01 AM
Under 197.5 @ $1.87

Good luck!

WON

Good start to the season. Looks like we all cashed in.

good_gambler
09-21-2006, 04:21 AM
No respect being shown for Cairns against Melbourne.

$6.35 :retard:

Crocodiles -2.5 (tomorrow night) x Jankovic x Davenhorse in the tennis @ $3.23

Mr Flamboyant
09-21-2006, 05:12 AM
No respect being shown for Cairns against Melbourne.

$6.35 :retard:

The way they trained this morning that price is about justified .. what's the line..?

good_gambler
09-21-2006, 10:27 AM

Last time I checked.
It may have shifted, I'll have a look in a bit.

But for this tipping comp we are going off 11.

I kind of like them outright.
I mean first game of the season and all. :shrug:

Didn't train well?

Mr Flamboyant
09-21-2006, 11:48 AM
No .. they were pretty laclustre today .. making the types of mistakes the Tigers will pick off all night .. ie risky long diagonal passes up the floor ect .. Alan Black pulled them into line on this after the session though ..

They have been extremely intense though .. Infact I've never seen a Taipans group go harder at each other in a scrimmage as they did on tuesday ..

Martin Cattalini is training like a raw boned tearaway .. He's had an off-season for the first time in donkey's years and looks superb .. I even heard Blacky mutter "shit!" under his breath after one of Cat's plays the other day .. He was even dunking!

Darnell Mee's in a similar boat .. I have a hunch he's going to look to score a bit more this season .. It's hard to guage how they'll go .. but if pushed I'd side with the Snakes to stay within the start ..

Interesting you've gone with Townsville tomorrow night .. I'm finding this one really tough to split .. Sydney did well at the Swamp last season, but CJ Bruton had a bit to do with that .. Brad Newley looked very ominous last thursday against Cairns in that pre-season game .. he had a very lazy 27 points and I don't remember spotting him much in the second half .. With Crosswhite out for the Kings, the Crocs' lack of size shouldn't be exposed as much .. But Sydney is deep, really deep.

The 210.5 total is interesting .. Crocs always seem to drag you into a shootout on their floor ..

sports freak
09-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Guys just a reminder to send your tips in for today, still got a bit of time of course - I have received a few from some but not all as yet.

Cheers

Friggin missed out :sad:

sports freak
09-21-2006, 12:02 PM
Williams, Kavossy Franklin, Shane Heal and Matt Nielson ect .. t'was one hell of a lineup ..

Pin point accuracy,could not agree anymore :worship: well recognised!!!

good_gambler
09-21-2006, 12:15 PM
No .. they were pretty laclustre today .. making the types of mistakes the Tigers will pick off all night .. ie risky long diagonal passes up the floor ect .. Alan Black pulled them into line on this after the session though ..

They have been extremely intense though .. Infact I've never seen a Taipans group go harder at each other in a scrimmage as they did on tuesday ..

Martin Cattalini is training like a raw boned tearaway .. He's had an off-season for the first time in donkey's years and looks superb .. I even heard Blacky mutter "shit!" under his breath after one of Cat's plays the other day .. He was even dunking!

Darnell Mee's in a similar boat .. I have a hunch he's going to look to score a bit more this season .. It's hard to guage how they'll go .. but if pushed I'd side with the Snakes to stay within the start ..
Going by what you've written there (and I've also seen other stuff you've written about them) they will be a force to be wreckoned with.
Probably best to just sit back and see what happens in the first few weeks with them, before making any play on them.

I'm just thinking... first game of the season, lots can happen.
Such an outsider, with quite a bit of talent, must be worth something. :unsure:

Interesting you've gone with Townsville tomorrow night .. I'm finding this one really tough to split .. Sydney did well at the Swamp last season, but CJ Bruton had a bit to do with that .. Brad Newley looked very ominous last thursday against Cairns in that pre-season game .. he had a very lazy 27 points and I don't remember spotting him much in the second half .. With Crosswhite out for the Kings, the Crocs' lack of size shouldn't be exposed as much .. But Sydney is deep, really deep.

The 210.5 total is interesting .. Crocs always seem to drag you into a shootout on their floor ..

To tell you the truth it is more of a gut feeling than anything.
I'm really feeling a good year for Townsville this year, and with a game against a team like the Kings to tips things off, they will be pumped.
Also fans will be "out in force" wanting some success since the failure of the Cowboys this season...
I suppose it could work negatively (e.g too much pressure) but hopefully they will go back to the way they were a couple seasons back and use the crowd to their advantage and get on the back of the opposition - they need to bring the Bully Bangers back. :rocker:
Basically there isn't a better way to start the season with a win over the Kings and at home..

I've also got $100 on the Crocs @ $21 to win this season. Not a great deal and they probably won't be able to go all the way, but I feel there will definitely be a hedge opportunity. Whether that be semi-finals, or earlier. Time will tell on that.

I won't be going near the unders/overs in this game.
If the game opens up it will be a shootout and both teams have PLENTY of attacking prowess but Sydney is more known for defense... the match could end well short of 210.

sports freak
09-21-2006, 12:33 PM
Going by what you've written there (and I've also seen other stuff you've written about them) they will be a force to be wreckoned with.
Probably best to just sit back and see what happens in the first few weeks with them, before making any play on them.

I'm just thinking... first game of the season, lots can happen.
Such an outsider, with quite a bit of talent, must be worth something. :unsure:

To tell you the truth it is more of a gut feeling than anything.
I'm really feeling a good year for Townsville this year, and with a game against a team like the Kings to tips things off, they will be pumped.
Also fans will be "out in force" wanting some success since the failure of the Cowboys this season...
I suppose it could work negatively (e.g too much pressure) but hopefully they will go back to the way they were a couple seasons back and use the crowd to their advantage and get on the back of the opposition - they need to bring the Bully Bangers back. :rocker:
Basically there isn't a better way to start the season with a win over the Kings and at home..

I've also got $100 on the Crocs @ $21 to win this season. Not a great deal and they probably won't be able to go all the way, but I feel there will definitely be a hedge opportunity. Whether that be semi-finals, or earlier. Time will tell on that.

I won't be going near the unders/overs in this game.
If the game opens up it will be a shootout and both teams have PLENTY of attacking prowess but Sydney is more known for defense... the match could end well short of 210.

Sorry champ im feeling totally upset,actually would be a good fade this yr!!Not enough depth my friend!!Kings will still be up there no doubt,deep list and a Super coach is all you need for success!!!

good_gambler
09-21-2006, 12:36 PM
Sorry champ im feeling totally upset,actually would be a good fade this yr!!Not enough depth my friend!!Kings will still be up there no doubt,deep list and a Super coach is all you need for success!!!
Long time, no see, Freak. :wavey:

I hope you are wrong! :(

Time will tell. :)

sports freak
09-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Long time, no see, Freak. :wavey:

I hope you are wrong! :(

Time will tell. :)

Im a Crocs supporter btw :rolleyes: Gonna watch the footy show soon,should be interesting what the guys have to say!!This may sound Silly but the 36ERS have a decent list n i feel they will go far, although they lost their first game :eek: Also like the Razorbacks play when fully strength,they could be the darkhorse of the comp,some big lads in there aswell as some freaks!!

good_gambler
09-21-2006, 01:55 PM
Im a Crocs supporter btw :rolleyes: Gonna watch the footy show soon,should be interesting what the guys have to say!!This may sound Silly but the 36ERS have a decent list n i feel they will go far, although they lost their first game :eek: Also like the Razorbacks play when fully strength,they could be the darkhorse of the comp,some big lads in there aswell as some freaks!!
I can't stand those guys on channel 9. :lol:

The Razorbacks. :eek: :unsure:
They are favourites for the Wooden Spoon. :lol:

Adelaide have a decent side.
Will be very tough to beat at home.

dave nz
09-21-2006, 03:12 PM

I'll give u 200-1 :D

good_gambler
09-21-2006, 04:36 PM
I'll give u 200-1 :D
I'll take half that. :D

Though you got me a bit worried now, seeing a few guys say how you"excel" in the NBL. :scared:

Have you got an opinion on the game tomorrow night?... later tonight I mean - past midnight.

Mr Flamboyant
09-22-2006, 04:42 AM
I've got a pretty strong lean on the under 194.5 in the Tigers v Taipans match .. These two normally grind it out at the 'Cage' .. Last year's games at that venue finished 97-88 & 95-88 (after one overtime) both to the Tigers .. With Gary Boodnikoff sidelined for a few more weeks, the Snakes are down a scorer .. They're looking to give Anstey a pretty hard time of it too in defense and limit the Tigers' opportunities from cheap turnovers ect ..

Bolar Bolabi
09-22-2006, 07:13 AM
Perth V Singapore - Under 192.5 @ $1.87

Sydney V Townsville - Over 208.5 @ $1.87

Good luck

dave nz
09-22-2006, 08:09 AM
One tonight :

Sydney ML (-110) over Townsville----------0.6 of a unit

gl

dave

good_gambler
09-22-2006, 08:27 AM
Well, screw all you guys. :ras:

I'm adding an extra play on the Crocs -2.5 @ $210.

Still have them in a multi from yesterday with Jankovic and Davenhorse (winners).

I am feeling very confident of this one. :) :bounce:

bad gambler
09-22-2006, 09:17 AM
Kings to beat the Crocs - $1.90

good luck

bad gambler
09-22-2006, 09:24 AM
Btw above not a homer bet, pretty confident Kings will split this weekend at a minimum

Mr Flamboyant
09-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Good luck

I'm liking this one too Bolar .. I've got 195.5 .. I think Singapore will struggle offensively given the travel and backing up from their big win on wednesday .. Perth play really hard in defense and will look to turn the screws on the Slingers. Fatigue will be a factor for the visitors. With Ronaldson, Redhage and Rogers in their line-up the Wildcats will look to get these guys involved and exploit their depth advantage inside ..

Mr Flamboyant
09-22-2006, 09:32 AM
Well, screw all you guys. :ras:

I'm adding an extra play on the Crocs -2.5 @ $210.

Still have them in a multi from yesterday with Jankovic and Davenhorse (winners).

I am feeling very confident of this one. :) :bounce:

The Crocs will give you a great run for your money GG, win or lose .. I wouldn't like to be betting against a side containing Brad Newley at the moment .. or John Rillie for that matter .. Both of those guys looked really sharp last week in Cairns .. But having said that, you'll rarely ever catch me betting against a Brian Goorjian coached team .. I just love the Kings' depth (Bench: Kendall, Elliott, Hinder, Sheridan, Tovey)

Bolar Bolabi
09-22-2006, 10:27 AM
I'm also taking Singapore +10.0

dave nz
09-22-2006, 10:49 AM
I like Perth to cover 10, not betting it, in the tipping comp thats all.

bossboss
09-22-2006, 11:46 AM
can we have a live scores thread (In game ) like the one created in NFL subforum for each round?

good_gambler
09-22-2006, 01:08 PM
IMO, there is not enough popularity of the sport to have a live score thread. :)

Crocs are shooting the lights out!!! :rocker: :music:

Bolar Bolabi
09-22-2006, 01:26 PM

Sydney V Townsville - Over 208.5 @ $1.87

Good luck

Sydney V Townsville cashed thanks to a 73 point last quarter. Needed a 62. Was never in doubt with the offensive power of both teams - particularly Crocs at home.

The other one should go under and I'll hold off to see if Slingers can cover that 10. Doubt it.

I think I'll have a 2 - 1 night

bad gambler
09-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Kings to beat the Crocs - $1.90

good luck

Lost

WTF, teams from North of the border or not allowed to have two sporting successes in the one night

Mr Flamboyant
09-23-2006, 01:22 AM
I'm liking this one too Bolar .. I've got 195.5 .. I think Singapore will struggle offensively given the travel and backing up from their big win on wednesday .. Perth play really hard in defense and will look to turn the screws on the Slingers. Fatigue will be a factor for the visitors. With Ronaldson, Redhage and Rogers in their line-up the Wildcats will look to get these guys involved and exploit their depth advantage inside ..

94-82 .. Way under.. :yeah:

Really like the under in tonight's Tigers v Taipans match too ..

Mr Flamboyant
09-23-2006, 01:27 AM
Lost

WTF, teams from North of the border or not allowed to have two sporting successes in the one night

:banana:

Mr Flamboyant
09-23-2006, 04:23 AM
For those who have the option (unfortunately I don't) have a couple of dimes on Martin Cattalini to be (the game's) top scorer in tonight's Melbourne v Cairns match .. He's playing pain-free for the first time in quite a while and has looked a million dollars during the pre-season .. Also had 33 in the Snakes' final practise match against Townsville last week. He paces the Taipans' offence on most nights but this season I wouldn't be surprised if he top scores very frequently.

bad gambler
09-23-2006, 07:53 AM
For those who have the option (unfortunately I don't) have a couple of dimes on Martin Cattalini to be (the game's) top scorer in tonight's Melbourne v Cairns match .. He's playing pain-free for the first time in quite a while and has looked a million dollars during the pre-season .. Also had 33 in the Snakes' final practise match against Townsville last week. He paces the Taipans' offence on most nights but this season I wouldn't be surprised if he top scores very frequently.

Sold me, just one bet for me tonight

Cat to score 21 points or more - $2.45

good_gambler
09-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Mr Flamboyant what radio channel are the Cairns game being called on?
I've never been able to get reception here. :(

good_gambler
09-23-2006, 11:43 AM
48-45 Cairns. :banana:

Catt with 15 points... just after HT.

bad gambler
09-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Cheers for the Cat scoring tip Flambo, I don't generally play props especially in NBL so always a nice hit when I do. No stress either which was even better :)

bad gambler
09-23-2006, 11:56 AM
Mind you I am assuming the NBL SB is correct, he currently has 19 with 3min to go in the 3rd qtr :help:

bad gambler
09-23-2006, 12:11 PM
6 Tigers players in double figures, scary how good they are going to be this year

Mr Flamboyant
09-23-2006, 12:30 PM
Taipans look done .. 88-81 down with two mins left .. just hope they stay inside the +11 for the tipping ..

Under (194.5) bet looks safe ..

Mr Flamboyant
09-23-2006, 12:44 PM
FT 94-86 (Cattalini 32)

Mr Flamboyant
09-23-2006, 12:45 PM
Mr Flamboyant what radio channel are the Cairns game being called on?
I've never been able to get reception here. :(
4CA FM I think .. 92.7

good_gambler
09-23-2006, 12:49 PM
4CA FM I think .. 92.7
Alright, thanks.
I'll try it next game.

Get the Crocs games fine but never get Taipans.

Nice call on Cattalini.

good_gambler
09-24-2006, 04:22 AM
Bullets over Kings @ $2.12

bad gambler
09-24-2006, 04:55 AM
A couple for me today...

Kings to beat Bullets - $1.75

+

UNDERS 200.5 Hawks v 36ers - $1.90

good luck

sports freak
09-24-2006, 07:22 AM
A couple for me today...

+

good luck

Good luck BG,like em both!!

Mr Flamboyant
09-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Kings & 36ers both cover .. 5 from 5!!

bad gambler
09-24-2006, 10:31 AM
A couple for me today...

+

good luck

Sweep them up

good_gambler
09-24-2006, 11:37 AM
Kings & 36ers both cover .. 5 from 5!!
Great start Mr.

6/6. :hatoff:

Mr Flamboyant
09-25-2006, 09:16 AM
Thanks GG! Now watch me choke the rest of the season!!