Good Hybrid String [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Good Hybrid String

bank5
09-16-2006, 02:16 AM
I hit a lot of top spin and break strings every 2-3 weeks. Ive tried polyester strings which lastest longer but am looking for something with more feel. Any recommendations for a good, cheap hybrid strings?

muggy
09-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Gamma tnt 2 Fusion are some nice strings, I use the 19g and they really bite into the ball.

They last pretty long, I think they're kevlar coated or something like that, so even at 19g they will probably lose tension before breaking.

The feel is decent, I would consider this a good tournament level string.

ProStaff
10-17-2006, 02:26 AM
I hit a lot of top spin and break strings every 2-3 weeks. Ive tried polyester strings which lastest longer but am looking for something with more feel. Any recommendations for a good, cheap hybrid strings?

What people usually call "hybrid" is using one type of string on mains and another type on the crosses. Strings usually last much longer on crosses, so if you string polyester on mains and synthetic gut on crosses, you will get a setup which will last longer then full synthetic gut and play softer and with more feel then full polyester. I think this is the best solution in your case. Just make sure to use simple monofilament synthetic gut and not more expensive multifilament synthetic gut, which is too soft and will be cut by polyester mains in no time.

JustmeUK
11-25-2006, 01:53 PM
dunno which poly u used but u could try a soft poly and see if it gives you more feel. signum pro poly plasma is very much the rage at the moment as a soft poly string.

alternatively you could just opt to use a full synth gut string job (monofilmant gut is pretty cheap anyway). if u think u're breaking them too quick (and I think 2-3 weeks is absolutely fine) then try a slightly thicker gauge.