drug test (nandrolone) details? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

drug test (nandrolone) details?

joeb_uk
02-12-2004, 12:43 PM
hi, i wasnt a tennis fan at the time he was caught, but what exactly happened?
thanks

LubiG
02-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Well, i don't have a lot of details, but what i know is that he got a 7 month (i think it was 7 months) suspension for using Nandrolone. he denied to have used it on porpouse, and said that it probably was because of some vitamins that were contaminated, but they didn't belive him.

joeb_uk
02-12-2004, 05:44 PM
ok so whats everyones views did he actually taking it willingly, or he was telling the truth?

Kiara
02-12-2004, 06:39 PM
Basically, he was suspended for 7 months from August 2001 to March 2002 for testing positive for Nandrolone in Barcelona. He was only 19 at the time and he was removed from the Hopman cup and Davis cup because of it.He also had to fork out a £100,000 fine.
He was said to have taken contaminated diatary supplements and it was proven that the supplements he took were actually contaminated and didn't have Nandrolone on the lable but techinically he was guilty of having a banned substance in his system.
I have my reservations but I'd rather not get into it, it's in the past and what's more important is that he did his time and he's managed to put it behind him and produce the best tennis of his career.

joeb_uk
02-12-2004, 08:35 PM
thanks kiara, very helpful explanation. coria is one of my fav players so i was interested in seeing what happened, i like to read info about the players.

Kiara
02-12-2004, 08:47 PM
No problem Joeb :)
It was a very sad incident because Guille was making his way up the rankings at that time, he said that he was devastated by what happened and he's still paranoid about taking vitamins.
Guille also offered to give evidence to support Rusedski's plea of innocence at his tribunal hearing.

JeLuliA88
02-12-2004, 11:50 PM
Well at least he was innocent :)

LubiG
02-13-2004, 02:42 AM
I have my reservations but I'd rather not get into it, it's in the past and what's more important is that he did his time and he's managed to put it behind him and produce the best tennis of his career.

I TOTALY agree

loly
02-13-2004, 08:11 AM
He s innocent. We love you Mago. You re the best

mordicus18
02-13-2004, 07:31 PM
maybe yes or maybe not, all the people who have taken drugs said that they were innocent. but in 2003, guille has won a lot of titles, without any drugs, so he could be innocent, but he is really a good player, the best I have ever seen

Jazzy
02-14-2004, 02:56 AM
very nicely put mordicus18, couldn't agree more!!

mordicus18
02-14-2004, 09:40 AM
that's only what I think. I have heard that other tennisplayers have had problems with nandrolone, and the reporters said that it was the atp's fault. but I still thinking that it could be right or it could be wrong, and the players who aren't innocents will say it is the atp's fault, and it will be difficult to know who says the right (I don't say that guille has taken drugs, but he is really a good player, as he has proved that he can be one of the best tennisplayers) it is hard for me to explain what I think in english, I hope that you have understood what I want to say

esther
02-14-2004, 11:06 AM
Bodham uhlirach was cleared last year because it was proven that the nadrolone was put into his supplements by the ATP officials without him knowing and a few other people who they were investigating were cleared too.

i dunno maybe he was guilty maybe he wasnt. We'll probably never know for sure but he's not using them now (or i hope hes not lol ) but yeah he's a fantastic player and we love him so i'm just repeating what mordicious said but its true!

vamos guillermo!

mordicus18
02-14-2004, 12:13 PM
I happy I'm not the only person who think that *french syndrome* (I need laughing today)