MTF Admins/Moderators? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

MTF Admins/Moderators?

Doctor Dance
09-13-2006, 02:32 AM
How are they chosen and is this a volunteer job?

I don't see anyone actually moderating around here :shrug: :confused:

Maybe we don't have the right people for the job? I don't think I have seen Neely, Jazz Girl or bad gambler around for a while :o

Deboogle!.
09-13-2006, 02:43 AM
Bad Gambler has been on vacation for about 2 days, but he has done ALL KINDS of stuff. Neely also does quite a lot, but more quietly, I think. I've heard that Jazz_girl has been really busy lately. I know that bad gambler wants more mods to be picked soon, they are doing some forum updates and upgrades and whatnot around now, so yeah. I believe that they are chosen by the current mods/admins.

tangerine_dream
09-13-2006, 02:59 AM
I don't want to be a mod. :sad: That would require me to be an unbiased, neutral observer who has people skills and can hold their tongue, and I can't do it. I just can't do it. :crying2:

Doctor Dance
09-13-2006, 03:03 AM
Ya I realise they have lives outside MTF, just was frustrated, didn't mean to attack anyone :)

Doctor Dance
09-13-2006, 03:04 AM
I don't want to be a mod. :sad: That would require me to be an unbiased, netural observer who has people skills and can hold their tongue, and I can't do it. I just can't do it. :crying2:

I think we need some stricter moderators, current ones are maybe too nice and therefore too soft and lenient :lol:

Deboogle!.
09-13-2006, 03:22 AM
Ya I realise they have lives outside MTF, just was frustrated, didn't mean to attack anyone :)oh I know, I was just explaining :)

As for strictness, I know that Prabu (bad gambler) tried to do a lot of things and was strict with stuff in GM - the strictest MTF has ever had. But there are always gonna people that don't want anyone strict, so someone will always be displeased :lol:

El Legenda
09-13-2006, 03:32 AM
GM is out of control now with all the Roger threads and other BS

Doctor Dance
09-13-2006, 04:13 AM

I just see it now, so many as well :o

09-13-2006, 04:27 AM
MTF has just really gone downhill lately. When I joined in Sept. 2005 it was a great place. In fact, I thought it was so great I became an upgraded member in Feb. of this year.
And now I don't know what has happened, but no one seems to be in charge any more :shrug:

Lee
09-13-2006, 09:13 PM
I vaguely recalled someone mentioned the site is going over ownership changes so that may explain the lack of administrators here.

09-13-2006, 11:05 PM
I vaguely recalled someone mentioned the site is going over ownership changes so that may explain the lack of administrators here.
Lee great information :D I hadn't heard anything about that myself, but it could explain a lot of things that are going on. Or maybe I should say it could explain a lot of things that aren't going on :rolleyes:

Lee
09-13-2006, 11:12 PM
Mae, that information may not be 100% correct though.

09-13-2006, 11:52 PM
Mae, that information may not be 100% correct though.
Oh I know. You said it was just something mentioned. But something is going on here or again maybe I should say something isn't going on here. I don't know :shrug: But MTF just hasn't been the same lately :sad:

Scotso
09-14-2006, 04:23 AM
MTF has just really gone downhill lately. When I joined in Sept. 2005 it was a great place. In fact, I thought it was so great I became an upgraded member in Feb. of this year.
And now I don't know what has happened, but no one seems to be in charge any more :shrug:

You should have been here when it first started in 2002. It was a paradise back then.

09-14-2006, 06:54 PM
You should have been here when it first started in 2002. It was a paradise back then.
I'm glad you posted that Scott so I know it's the truth. But even so with the way things are now around here it is kind of hard to believe :sad:

Deboogle!.
09-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Well I've been here 3 years and I think it's been a complete mess ever since I can remember. It's just bigger now :shrug: But people were always rude, hateful, disrespectful, ignorant, hypocritical, and many more things.

Scotso
09-15-2006, 03:50 AM
No, that just happened once you showed up.

Deboogle!.
09-15-2006, 04:23 AM
Right, because people could feel my presence even though I read and lurked a long time before signing up - it was bad before I started posting here. So please, stop stalking me around the boards and just put me on your ignore list, ok? I am not gonna sink to your level.

Phunkadelicious
09-15-2006, 04:28 AM
No, that just happened once you showed up.
:awww: Scott's all growed up.

Phunkadelicious
09-15-2006, 04:32 AM
Scott you are the biggest hypocrite on this board. Hell, you may possibly be the biggest hypocrite on the planet. You should be studied. I think there must be an entire segment of your brain dedicated to hypocrisy.

Scotso
09-15-2006, 04:38 AM
Wow. Deb gets offended so she calls one of her buddies in to fight her battles for her. Typical.

He liked me more, Brian, get over it.

Deboogle!.
09-15-2006, 04:42 AM
Wow. Deb gets offended so she calls one of her buddies in to fight her battles for her. Typical.Excuse me? You're the one who leaves without defending yourself. I didn't tell Brian to do anything. He's a big boy who, gasp, thinks and acts on his own. Anyway, i don't have a battle here. You gave your opinion about the board a few years ago, and I gave mine and I happen to disagree with you, which is no surprise since we have different fave players and have had different experiences here at MTF. You are the one who started in with me with the insult, which was totally out of the blue, unprovoked, and unwarranted. So, really, I just refuse to sink to your level, I don't resort to insults when I'm unhappy with something someone says.

Scotso
09-15-2006, 04:44 AM
And Deb, I didn't say anything to you in here until you condradicted me, which you so love to do.

And of course I said something to you in the premium member thread. If you're going to spend your time talking trash about people behind their backs, you shouldn't go on about how people are "hypocrites" and you won't "sink to [their] level."

Phunkadelicious
09-15-2006, 04:46 AM
Wow. Deb gets offended so she calls one of her buddies in to fight her battles for her. Typical.
I just like picking on you. Makes me feel like a big man.

He liked me more, Brian, get over it.
I happen to have a life and I don't have time to obsess about insignificant things that happened months ago on a board on the internet. I've been steadily moving forward with my life, and I'm actually gaining momentum. Good to see you getting smaller and smaller in my rearview mirror. :wavey:

Deboogle!.
09-15-2006, 04:49 AM
And Deb, I didn't say anything to you in here until you condradicted me, which you so love to do.So merely disagreeing with what you said warrants the insult you hurled at me? Wow. Keep going because you're just making yourself look worse and worse. I did nothing more but merely suggest that my experience at MTF has been different from yours, and that there have always been mean things that have been going on. You posted something, I had a different experience, so I responded with my experience. If you honestly thought I was just trying to be antagonistic to you, then sorry, but you are not important enough to me to waste my time posting merely to contradict you.

I said i thought someone's sig was too big..... OHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOO I'm afraid that person might find out.

ok I am SO done. Keep going, Scott, keep on going.

Scotso
09-15-2006, 04:54 AM
I happen to have a life and I don't have time to obsess about insignificant things that happened months ago on a board on the internet. I've been steadily moving forward with my life, and I'm actually gaining momentum. Good to see you getting smaller and smaller in my rearview mirror. :wavey:

Sure you are. That's why you still follow me around the board.

Scotso
09-15-2006, 04:55 AM
So merely disagreeing with what you said warrants the insult you hurled at me?

Oh no, I hurled such a horrific insult at you :sobbing:

I said i thought someone's sig was too big..... OHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOO I'm afraid that person might find out.

Should I quote some of the other things you've said in there? Or maybe I should just PM it to the people you've said them about.

Phunkadelicious
09-15-2006, 05:04 AM
Sure you are. That's why you still follow me around the board.
What can I say. I like to be productive with my free time.

Phunkadelicious
09-15-2006, 05:05 AM
Oh no, I hurled such a horrific insult at you :sobbing:

Should I quote some of the other things you've said in there? Or maybe I should just PM it to the people you've said them about.
I should dig up our old chats and show Jess what you used to say about her! :haha:

It's been fun Scott. Until next time. :wavey:

Scotso
09-15-2006, 05:15 AM
I should dig up our old chats and show Jess what you used to say about her! :haha:

Uh yeah, good luck with that. Nice try, though.

09-17-2006, 12:11 AM
:speakles: :sigh: Lately I've gone into threads only to see a bunch of people I like on the board all arguing with each other, and this one's no different. I really should just keep my nose in GM and the Robredo forum (which is my usual modus operandi) where it belongs. :o

Ah well. I'll change my username to "Switzerland" or something while you guys have at it. :ras: :awww: :sobbing:
It is sad, but if there is one thing we do well at MTF it is argue :boxing: Especially when things aren't going well on the Forum itself whether due to posters' actions or technical problems things do tend to heat up around here :fiery: Just try not to get upset about it because things normally settle down :D

tangerine_dream
09-17-2006, 01:26 AM
It's cyclical. MTF goes through periods where it's doing really well, the posts and people are great, and then, usually right after a big tournament, it goes to crap for a while. People become bored or sad with no tennis to watch and don't know what to do with themselves other than troll and pick a fight.

Not only that, but I've noticed that MTF picks up a lot of new users during the summer months so add the newbie factor to the tennis ennui and you get a bumbustible combo.

Anyway, after seeing what happened between Escude and bad_gambler, people who are considering being a moderator should consider it some more. :unsure:

09-17-2006, 06:05 AM
It's cyclical. MTF goes through periods where it's doing really well, the posts and people are great, and then, usually right after a big tournament, it goes to crap for a while. People become bored or sad with no tennis to watch and don't know what to do with themselves other than troll and pick a fight.

Not only that, but I've noticed that MTF picks up a lot of new users during the summer months so add the newbie factor to the tennis ennui and you get a bumbustible combo.

Anyway, after seeing what happened between Escude and bad_gambler, people who are considering being a moderator should consider it some more. :unsure:
tangerine_dream I love your term "bumbustible combo" :lol: And I do think you have made some very good points about MTF. However, I somehow missed what happened between Escude and bad_gambler. And I'm probably just as well off to have missed it :eek: And for some reason I'm thinking of an old song called, Why Can't We Be Friends? :angel:

09-18-2006, 12:21 AM
Correction. I now know what happened between Ecsude and bad_gambler. And I think a lot of what was said should have been said a long time ago even back before the time bad_gambler actually became a Super Moderator. The lesson here is watch who you give any power to because with some people a little power goes a long way beyond where it should go!

Mechlan
09-21-2006, 02:27 AM
This forum def. tolerates *far* worse behavior than I've seen on many others. I don't know if this is supposed to be an adult site or not, but there's a lot of bad/abusive language on here, and that's to say nothing of the pointless threads and general bickering that goes on. For the amount of volume this forum gets on a daily basis, there need to be a lot more moderators making sure things don't get out of hand.

bad gambler
09-21-2006, 03:46 AM
Steve made it pretty clear there will be more mods on the site.

bad gambler
09-21-2006, 03:47 AM
Correction. I now know what happened between Ecsude and bad_gambler. And I think a lot of what was said should have been said a long time ago even back before the time bad_gambler actually became a Super Moderator. The lesson here is watch who you give any power to because with some people a little power goes a long way beyond where it should go!

Thanks for the vote of confidence :devil:

09-21-2006, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the vote of confidence :devil:
I was trying to be nice to a Moderator :shrug:

Deboogle!.
09-22-2006, 05:24 AM
suggestion for Steve, supermods, whoever...

maybe after the site relaunches and things get settled, the way the moderating works could be explained? I know I get a lot of questions about like what I can do as a player forum mod (mostly from posters in player forums that are trying to choose a moderator or whether to get a moderator for their own forum, this has happened to me at least 3 times), also things like reporting posts. I think people report posts and don't know who will read them depending on the forum they were reported from, etc.

I dunno, just a thought so that everyone knows what's going on and the right people to go to, etc :)

Steve
09-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Good suggestion and will do

Neely
09-22-2006, 07:02 PM
Well, what controls/tools does a player forum moderator have for the forums he is a mod?
Close threads, move threads (only among forums he is mod), stick threads, edit threads/posts, delete threads/posts, merge threads, split threads, unstick threads, remove redirects.

Who gets to read the reported posts?
All admins, all super moderators and forum or player forum mods who are additionally responsable for this subforum.

I hope I didn't forget something, but this should do it as a short explanation for now.

09-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Thanks Neely :wavey:

Eden
11-18-2010, 10:54 PM
I just saw that Chris (scoobs) is a MTF Admin now. (Congrats by the way :yeah: )

But shouldn't this be something which should be mentioned?
I know it from other forums that they make it public when they have a new moderator or administrator.

I also think that it would be nice to have a quick view about the moderators on MTF.

Wouldn't it be possible to name them in a list in the same row as you can see the FAQ, Members, New Posts? It would be a much easier overview about the moderators as we have now.

Just my 2 cents :)

cobalt60
11-19-2010, 12:23 AM
I just saw that Chris (scoobs) is a MTF Admin now. (Congrats by the way :yeah: )

But shouldn't this be something which should be mentioned?
I know it from other forums that they make it public when they have a new moderator or administrator.

I also think that it would be nice to have a quick view about the moderators on MTF.

Wouldn't it be possible to name them in a list in the same row as you can see the FAQ, Members, New Posts? It would be a much easier overview about the moderators as we have now.

Just my 2 cents :)

Have "they" ever made announcements here anyway? Hell I don't even know who does what here anymore :lol:

scoobs
11-19-2010, 12:29 AM
Thanks Doris :)

Sue, that's one of the things we're going to look to sort out in the off-season, get all that clear as to who mods what and where, and so on. So hopefully soon that will all be at least a bit clearer.

cobalt60
11-19-2010, 12:32 AM

Sue, that's one of the things we're going to look to sort out in the off-season, get all that clear as to who mods what and where, and so on. So hopefully soon that will all be at least a bit clearer.

Ah good to know :yeah: And congrats; I have great faith in you to do a good job. And btw Nate wants his account still- to spy on me:p Guess I will have to stop using his name in vain;)

scoobs
11-19-2010, 12:48 AM
I have done an announcement (there probably would have been one sooner but it happened late this afternoon and then both I and Carlita have been away this evening, so it was delayed :) )

11-19-2010, 11:08 AM
I have done an announcement (there probably would have been one sooner but it happened late this afternoon and then both I and Carlita have been away this evening, so it was delayed :) )

I just read the announcement. Congrats to you :D And I'm sure it will help MTF ;)

Eden
11-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Have "they" ever made announcements here anyway?

I don't know but you are here longer than me so you should know Sue :p

Hell I don't even know who does what here anymore :lol:

Exactly. You sometimes ask yourself when you see the name of someone having the status "Moderator" if he is still active.

On the other hand I noticed that sometimes apparently no moderator or admin seems to be around.

It wouldn't have happened a few years ago to have several match threads for a longer time for exaple - they would have been merged immediately and people would have gone into argumenting who deserved the thread the most because they had been first to start it :lol:

It's good to hear that you are working on this Chris - much appreciated :yeah:

cobalt60
11-20-2010, 05:38 PM
I don't know but you are here longer than me so you should know Sue :p

Sigh; thanks for reminding me. It is an embarassment :sobbing: ;)

scoobs
11-20-2010, 10:18 PM
We have tidied up the list of who moderates where and the link to that is here:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showgroups.php

(At the bottom of every forum page now shows the mods for that forum also)

Also, the current list of vBookies is:

Aenea
Belco
Fergie
Filipo
kai.
scarecrows
Snoo Foo
Snowwy
Tomek.

:wavey:

Ivanatis
11-21-2010, 12:38 AM
:yeah:

cobalt60
11-21-2010, 02:52 AM
Thanks Chris!

HarryMan
11-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Scoobs, what happened to Bad Gambler? He had a great passion for tennis and also cricket. I noticed his account name is not there anymore? Would it be possible to brief me on what happened?

Carlita
11-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Scoobs, what happened to Bad Gambler? He had a great passion for tennis and also cricket. I noticed his account name is not there anymore? Would it be possible to brief me on what happened?hi! We're not quite sure what happened here...but we're doing our best to get it sorted out asap ;)

scoobs
11-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Scoobs, what happened to Bad Gambler? He had a great passion for tennis and also cricket. I noticed his account name is not there anymore? Would it be possible to brief me on what happened?
We're not entirely sure what has happened to his account, it seems to be deleted but we don't know how that happened exactly and we're trying to get it sorted out with the powers that be...

11-21-2010, 01:26 PM

Also, the current list of vBookies is:

Aenea
Belco
Fergie
Filipo
kai.
scarecrows
Snoo Foo
Snowwy
Tomek.

Great job :yeah: Thanks :D

HarryMan
11-21-2010, 04:28 PM
hi! We're not quite sure what happened here...but we're doing our best to get it sorted out asap ;)

We're not entirely sure what has happened to his account, it seems to be deleted but we don't know how that happened exactly and we're trying to get it sorted out with the powers that be...

Thanks Carlita and Scoobs for your answers to this. Hopefully things get sorted out.

Goldenoldie
11-22-2010, 01:37 AM

Zirconek? He suddenly disappeared from the Challengers threads in July, and I haven't seen him posting anywhere else. Is he still active in Modland?

Steve
11-22-2010, 02:15 AM

I have not been able to get into the logs today. I am working on the tournament schedule but there seems to be something up. I will be able to find out more on monday when I can get a tech to look at this.

scoobs
11-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Zirconek? He suddenly disappeared from the Challengers threads in July, and I haven't seen him posting anywhere else. Is he still active in Modland?
He hasn't been round much at all lately but hopefully that will change next year. In the meantime we have taken him off the mods list but hopefully he will return and reclaim it.

11-27-2010, 06:03 AM
I wish Neely would come back, but the last I heard about her was she was having job and personal problems :sad: Even if she doesn't make it bad here, I hope she does get the problems in her personal life worked out ;) If anyone here knows how to contact her, please send my message along to her.

JolánGagó
04-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Dear mods, I have two questions:

1. What finally happened to bad gambler account?

2. How can one delete/cancel one's account?

Thank you in advance.

scoobs
04-20-2011, 10:03 AM
1. bad gambler's account was restored though his old posts are unlinked from his account.

2. PM an admin and ask them to deactivate your account and we will permanently ban it for you. We won't clean up your data or posts on the site, though, so users who don't want to leave a presence must do this themselves. Also, this is irreversible. Once you're gone, this account nor any others will be allowed.

JolánGagó
04-20-2011, 11:17 AM
thank you.

1. bad gambler's account was restored though his old posts are unlinked from his account.

2. PM an admin and ask them to deactivate your account and we will permanently ban it for you. We won't clean up your data or posts on the site, though, so users who don't want to leave a presence must do this themselves. Also, this is irreversible. Once you're gone, this account nor any others will be allowed.

really? sounds a lot like black mailing. I wonder if that's even legal not to be able to peacefully de-register but via a ban, which is defined by the rules as a punitive action. I'll do some research about that.

scoobs
04-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Nothing to do with blackmailing. You leave of your own volition, but the system only allows us to delete accounts, which leave orphaned posts and make a mess of the forum, or deactivate the account by means of the ban system. The only other solution is to alter the key account details so the user can no longer gain access.

scarecrows
04-25-2011, 06:46 PM
dont leave Gago :sad: