Thomas to defend his title :rocker2:

hanabishi
09-14-2006, 09:34 AM
Very weird that Marat is not on the list. :confused:

Maybe he's expecting a wildcard?

shotgun
09-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Maybe he's expecting a wildcard?

He's currently ranked #73. He could have gotten in directly, without the necessity of a wildcard. :shrug:

Super-Fabio
09-14-2006, 03:00 PM
He's currently ranked #73. He could have gotten in directly, without the necessity of a wildcard. :shrug:

Marat will play Lyon

Hangdog
09-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Marat will play Lyon
How patriotically of him :devil:

Marat as a twice champion of the tournament and an ex-number one asked for too big money (twice more than he was offered). And since the negotiations were conducted a while ago when he didn’t play well enough the owners of the tournament weren’t ready to pay him so much. Like that :rolleyes:

One wild card almost for sure goes to Evgeny Korolev.

And I must say the list in genaral looks absolutely great! Well, I won't compare it to Basel and moreover to Lyon http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/8936/sad9pc.gif... but at least it's better than one we had a year ago. Just hope there won't be too many withdraws :tape:

Nadie
09-14-2006, 08:50 PM
Yes, the entry list looks great! I hope I'll be able to go to St-Peterburg to watch tennis and cheer all my favs ;)

*fingers crossed*

Marat will play Lyon
nooooooooooo :devil: it's so disappointing of him :crying2:

shotgun
09-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Good to see Safin supporting his home tournament (well, at least he's playing the Kremlin Cup, right?).

Fortunately the Russians have other top players to rely on.

ASP0315
09-15-2006, 01:04 AM
How patriotically of him :devil:

Marat as a twice champion of the tournament and an ex-number one asked for too big money (twice more than he was offered). And since the negotiations were conducted a while ago when he didn’t play well enough the owners of the tournament weren’t ready to pay him so much. Like that :rolleyes:

And I must say the list in genaral looks absolutely great! Well, I won't compare it to Basel and moreover to Lyon http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/8936/sad9pc.gif... but at least it's better than one we had a year ago. Just hope there won't be too many withdraws :tape:

Marat asking appearence money to play his his home country? :eek: what a shameful guy. :o . He should probably learn patriotism for Tursunov. :p .

ASP0315
09-15-2006, 01:06 AM
Thomas to defend his title :rocker2:
I hope so. :)

fanancic
09-29-2006, 10:34 AM
AJMO MARIO!!

Action Jackson
09-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Good to see Safin supporting his home tournament (well, at least he's playing the Kremlin Cup, right?).

Fortunately the Russians have other top players to rely on.

He is playing the Kremlin Cup and Marat has had some issues with Russian crowds giving it to him, when he has played like crap.

rrfnpump
10-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Nicolas Kiefer is out for the rest of the season

Hangdog
10-03-2006, 06:31 PM

That's sad :sad: Thanks for the info.

alecapo
10-11-2006, 01:03 AM
What about the qualifying list?

smucav
10-11-2006, 10:55 PM
What about the qualifying list?There are no qualifying lists for international series tournaments. Qualifying sign-in closes at 9:00 p.m. local time on the Friday before the event.

NyGeL
10-12-2006, 12:17 AM
Coria is not going to play for sure.

*Ljubica*
10-12-2006, 08:51 AM
Coria is not going to play for sure.

No - and also Mónaco - who I undestand is out for at least a month after sustainng an injury in his match in Stockholm this week.

Hangdog
10-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Karlovic and Gimelstob are also officially out.

If something happens with Santoro too I have a feeling I won't visit the tournament this year...

Super-Fabio
10-14-2006, 09:29 PM
St.Petersburg: (2 SE spots to be cleared)
OUT: Coria, Gimelstob, Horna, Karlovic, Kiefer, Monaco (Pashanski, Vicente from ALT)
IN: Pavel, Hajek, F.Lopez, Garcia Lopez, Greul, Sluiter
NEXT: Schuettler, Vik, Kim, Hernych, Dancevic

Luka Matic
10-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Good luck JANKO TIPSAREVIĆ! ! !

Frooty_Bazooty
10-18-2006, 01:44 PM
It makes much more sense to play Lyon, it is right in between Madrid and Paris. It doesnt make sense for Marat to travel from Madrid to St Petersburg and then back to Paris

Jadranka
10-18-2006, 04:03 PM

:sad:

Ajmoo MARIO :) , that is your title!!!

Hangdog
10-18-2006, 08:15 PM
This topic I see is actively discussed in Marat’s Forum but I think it won’t be useless to post it here too. Moreover there are still posts on that issue in this and Lyon’s threads.

So the story about Marat had been touched again after an interview in a Russian newspaper called “Novye Izvestia”. Answering the question about Lyon/St. Petersburg Marat said: “We all live in the material world. And you’d better ask the director [of SPb Open tournament] about the sum. Let him call it. The money he offered me… I don’t even know what to compare it to. Well, I even won’t get up of the chair for such money. That’s a pity they send me such offers from Petersburg after I won there twice. I’ve decided not to deal with them anymore. If they don’t value Russian players but foreigners only – for God’s sake, let them sell the tickets for their matches.”

The director of the tournament has immediately reacted on Marat’s words on the official website of St. Petersburg Open. Some extracts. “I was sincerely surprised to read that interview about ridiculous sum we offered Marat for participating at our tournament. I have to say we deeply respect all the athletes but we don’t sell tickets “for somebody’s matches”. The visitors of the tournament want, first of all, to see tennis of the highest class and the greatest masters of this game. Marat Safin plays without any doubts brilliant tennis and he is a favorite of millions tennis fans for that. So he was almost the first player we began our negotiations with. He says it right about our material world – and that’s why the price of a player appears not from the air but from material parts like victories, ranking etc. We haven’t ever had any disagreements with Marat before so I was so much choked after his so emotional refuse. As for the sum we offered him, I can say it was 6-digital.”

I think there is an important point that negotiations between Marat and the tournament’s director were conducted in August. Safin didn’t play his usual brilliant tennis that time and it’s obviously that he wasn’t offered so great money as if he was in Top10. He is not the only great Russian player and even not the only twice winner of this tournament.

But sure Marat has his unique personality and it is not a secret that there is a lot of people who visit tournaments where Safin takes a part specially to see him. Also it’s a bit unfair that last year organizers of St. Petersburg Open so actively used his face on their posters and his name in their adverts despite the fact he withdrew due to his injury.

Also there are pretty special relations between Marat and local crowd whose biggest favorite is Misha Youzhny.

So in general I think Marat behaved himself pretty egoistic way and the tournament’s director had to make more efforts organizing his politics and change something with it (best of all is try to change somehow the dates of the tournament). As for the present moment, the tournament somewhere in the north-west of Russia in the end of the year and between two Masters in Madrid and Paris is interesting for Russian, Swedish and a few other East European players mostly – or for those whose rankings are not high enough to be sure in direct entrance to the main draw of Lyon or Basel. Lose Marat in such conditions is the death alike.

There is a soon end of existence of St. Petersburg Open or what?.. :(

dudi_fan
10-19-2006, 01:48 AM
Thats too Spaseeba for the info!!

smucav
10-19-2006, 12:01 PM
(Both SE spots cleared)
OUT: Coria, Gimelstob, Horna, Karlovic, Kiefer, Monaco (and Hajek, Garcia Lopez, Greul, Pashanski, Vicente from ALT)
IN: Pavel, F.Lopez, Sluiter,
NEXT: Tipsarevic, Vanek, Marach, Gremelmayr, Muller, Korolev, Starace

Grofica
10-19-2006, 12:17 PM
one more withdrawal and Janko is in:):)

Super-Fabio
10-19-2006, 02:08 PM
St.Petersburg: (Both SE spots cleared)
OUT: Coria, Gimelstob, Horna, Karlovic, Kiefer, Monaco, Sanguinetti (and Hajek, F.Lopez, Garcia Lopez, Greul, Pashanski, Vicente from ALT)
IN: Pavel, Sluiter, Schuettler, Vik, Kim, Hernych, Dancevic, Tipsarevic, Vanek
NEXT: Marach, Gremelmayr, Muller, Korolev, Starace, Del Potro

Mashik
10-19-2006, 02:41 PM
Janko :D

Klaas_nalbandian
10-19-2006, 03:07 PM
sluiter, maybe he can win a match on atp level

Pea
10-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Janko is in.:cool:

smucav
10-19-2006, 04:38 PM
(Both SE spots cleared)
OUT: Coria, Gimelstob, Horna, Karlovic, Kiefer, Monaco, Sanguinetti, Verdasco (and Hajek, F.Lopez, Garcia Lopez, Greul, Pashanski, Gremelmayr, Vicente, Delgado, Galvani from ALT)
IN: Pavel, Sluiter, Schuettler, Vik, Kim, Hernych, Dancevic, Tipsarevic, Vanek, Marach
NEXT: Muller, Korolev, Starace, Del Potro, Patience, Dlouhy

Pigpen Stinks
10-19-2006, 05:29 PM
It looks like there will be more alternates in this event than players originally entered.

TMJordan
10-19-2006, 07:47 PM
Janko is in.:cool:

:banana:

Super-Fabio
10-19-2006, 08:49 PM
OUT: Coria, Gimelstob, Horna, Karlovic, Kiefer, Monaco, Sanguinetti, Verdasco (and Hajek, F.Lopez, Garcia Lopez, Greul, Pashanski, Gremelmayr, Vicente, Delgado, Galvani from ALT)
IN: Pavel, Sluiter, Schuettler, Vik, Kim, Hernych, Dancevic, Tipsarevic, Vanek, Marach
NEXT: Muller, Korolev, Starace, Del Potro, Patience, Dlouhy

eric
10-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Count Patience ( from alt. ) out : he got a WC for Lyon .

gocanadago
10-20-2006, 12:42 AM
Dancevis is on the MD entry list or on the qualifying entry list?

TMJordan
10-20-2006, 03:00 AM
Dancevis is on the MD entry list or on the qualifying entry list?

He is in!(md) Go Frank Go! :banana:

Russian elephant
10-20-2006, 11:50 AM
Youzhny won't play

Nadie
10-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Youzhny won't play

:eek:
why???

Grofica
10-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Janko:) :hug:

Super-Fabio
10-20-2006, 01:22 PM
OUT: Coria, Gimelstob, Horna, Karlovic, Kiefer, Monaco, Sanguinetti, Verdasco (and Hajek, F.Lopez, Garcia Lopez, Greul, Kim, Pashanski, Marach, Gremelmayr, Vicente, Muller, Del Potro, Patience, Delgado, Galvani, Pless, Waske, Economidis, Carlsen from ALT)
IN: Pavel, Sluiter, Schuettler, Vik, Hernych, Dancevic, Tipsarevic, Vanek, Korolev, Starace
NEXT: Dlouhy, De Voest, Falla, Gabashvili, Koubek, Kunitsyn, Udomchoke

Super-Fabio
10-20-2006, 03:15 PM
OUT: Coria, Gimelstob, Horna, Karlovic, Kiefer, Monaco, Sanguinetti, Verdasco (and Hajek, F.Lopez, Garcia Lopez, Greul, Kim, Pashanski, Vanek, Marach, Gremelmayr, Vicente, Muller, Del Potro, Patience, Delgado, Galvani, Pless, Waske, Economidis, Carlsen from ALT)
IN: Pavel, Sluiter, Schuettler, Vik, Hernych, Dancevic, Tipsarevic, Korolev, Starace, Dlouhy
NEXT: De Voest, Falla, Gabashvili, Koubek, Kunitsyn, Udomchoke

Jadranka
10-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Ajmooo MARIO! :)

jcempire
10-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Good luck

Johansson, Thomas

Goldstein, Paul

Haas, Tommy

Robredo, Tommy

nitsansh
10-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Is this the final list??

smucav
10-21-2006, 12:30 AM
(Both SE spots cleared)
OUT: Coria, Gimelstob, Horna, Karlovic, Kiefer, Monaco, Sanguinetti, Verdasco (and Hajek, F.Lopez, Garcia Lopez, Greul, Kim, Pashanski, Vanek, Marach, Gremelmayr, Vicente, Muller, Del Potro, Patience, Delgado, Galvani, Pless, Waske, Falla, Economidis, Carlsen from ALT)
IN: Pavel, Sluiter, Schuettler, Vik, Hernych, Dancevic, Tipsarevic, Korolev, Starace, Dlouhy
NEXT: De Voest, Gabashvili, Koubek, Kunitsyn, Udomchoke

fanancic
10-21-2006, 09:04 AM
AJMO MARIO!!

You HAVE TO win this tournament!!:mad: