NRL Semi-Finals [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NRL Semi-Finals

good_gambler
09-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Just wanted to start this thread now because the Saturday night match is up at Centrebet.
Not sure why no Friday night game yet but anyway:

NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS 2.10
BRISBANE BRONCOS 1.70

All I can say is these are the most suprising odds I've seen all season.
:confused:

Finns4
09-11-2006, 05:12 PM
On Brisbane already 4 units @ 1.75

good_gambler
09-11-2006, 05:15 PM
I think by Friday Newcastle will be favourites.

andrew057
09-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Brisbane will win, Hunt will add enormously to this team, taking alot of pressure off Lockyer and offering a rock at the back.

Mr Flamboyant
09-11-2006, 11:19 PM
It all depends on Brisbane .. If "Brickwall Brisbane" turns up .. ie the Brisbane that leaves all it's offense in the hands of Darren Lockyer and ends up looking like it's trying bust through brick walls all night, then expect a similar result and a similar scoreline to last saturday, because the Broncos simply won't be able to score near enough points.

But if they can finesse their attack a little better and if Perry stands up and they suddenly regain some second phase options then all of a sudden this team is a force. Brisbane usually matches up well on Newcastle and if they can get past the Knights then they're a big chance of getting to the grand final because they also match up favourably with the Bulldogs (who the winner of sautrday night's game will play)

But it's a big 'if' for Brisbane .. Have the old demons returned and will they fold meakly again ..? I have a sneaking suspicion they might just turn it around as they did a few weeks ago when they decided enough was enough and started a form revival against Melbourne ..

good_gambler
09-12-2006, 05:24 AM
It all depends on Brisbane .. If "Brickwall Brisbane" turns up .. ie the Brisbane that leaves all it's offense in the hands of Darren Lockyer and ends up looking like it's trying bust through brick walls all night, then expect a similar result and a similar scoreline to last saturday, because the Broncos simply won't be able to score near enough points.

But if they can finesse their attack a little better and if Perry stands up and they suddenly regain some second phase options then all of a sudden this team is a force. Brisbane usually matches up well on Newcastle and if they can get past the Knights then they're a big chance of getting to the grand final because they also match up favourably with the Bulldogs (who the winner of sautrday night's game will play)

But it's a big 'if' for Brisbane .. Have the old demons returned and will they fold meakly again ..? I have a sneaking suspicion they might just turn it around as they did a few weeks ago when they decided enough was enough and started a form revival against Melbourne ..
:eek:

Mr Flamboyant you are confusing me now. :lol:

After Saturday nights game you virtually had written them off.
Why the sudden change of heart for?

______

Buderus should be out.
Note the word should.
Unless he does a Johns and gets his suspension downgraded from 5 weeks to 0. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He is a huge part of their side and make Johns look good to a certain extent.

_______

About the odds... how wrong was I:

ST GEORGE-ILLAWARRA 1.50
-8 2.10
-6 1.90

MANLY SEA EAGLES 2.60
+4 2.10
+6 1.90

And thinking Newcastel would go into favourites: :retard:
NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS 2.30
+1.5 2.10
+3.5 1.92

BRISBANE BRONCOS 1.62
-5.5 2.10
-3.5 1.88

Do you think the Broncos will keep dropping?

Mr Flamboyant
09-12-2006, 05:48 AM
Well there might have been a touch of disappointment attached to my post game assessment on saturdya night ;) .. But I do believe Brisbane's fate is pretty much in their hands .. Everyone knows how good this team CAN be when it gets away from the one-out crap dished up on saturday night .. When Brisbane is on, Brisbane wins, simple as that ..

But there's a very big gulf between the good Brisbane and the bad Brisbane .. Until their late season turnaround, I really thought the Broncos were devoid of character and guts. They're a team that's deteriorated once the going's got tough over the past three years and their mental toughness had to be seriously questioned.

But they showed something this year in being able to drag themselves out of the mire and with that in mind I can't write them off.

They're still a team with one glaring deficiency though, and that's a halfback.

So if the Broncos get it right this weekend, if Perry can muster enough courage to step up and take pressure of Lockyer, if the forwards can tighten up their 'd' around the rucks (which st george exploited with infuriating regularity on saturday) and Berrigan can add a bit of spark from dummy half then they'll be very hard for Newcastle to beat.

All of the aforementioned is too big an 'if' for me to risk a play on them though ..

Manly seems value against a Gasnier-less Dragons .. with a few points start at least ..

good_gambler
09-12-2006, 02:28 PM
If Hunt plays he should be able to take a bit of pressure of Lockyer but Perry needs to stand up.

I wonder if the Dragons lose on Friday night will they be named the PHM of Rugby League. :lol:

If they played like they did against Brisbane they should walk over Manly even without Gasnier.

But, boy do I hope they lose.
I do not want them playing Melbourne in the GF Qualifier. :shit::scared:

andrew057
09-13-2006, 02:52 AM
If Hunt plays he should be able to take a bit of pressure of Lockyer but Perry needs to stand up.

Hunt looked to be running freely at training yesterday and I hear he wasnt actually injured, just felt tight around his his hamstring so sat out as a precaution.

Mr Flamboyant
09-13-2006, 03:41 AM
Gee the $2.30 about Newcastle looks tempting .. Whoever invented these odds obviously rates the Broncos on par with the Bulldogs and Melbourne because if the latter two were playing the Knights this weekend at Telstra Stadium you'd expect the same prices ..

andrew057
09-13-2006, 04:18 AM
Odds seem right to me.

Knights were woeful for 60 mins on Friday and definitely no Buderus is a big loss.

xcrap
09-13-2006, 12:46 PM
knights dont play well without buderus... i reckon buderus is more of a loss than johns

i think simspon also has a shoulder injury

dave nz
09-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Newcastle bettors wait, u should get a better price near kickoff.

good_gambler
09-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Bennett staying in Brisbane. :woohoo:

But he was supposedly as close to leaving as he as ever been. :rolleyes:

Mr Flamboyant
09-14-2006, 11:15 PM
Bennett staying in Brisbane. :woohoo:

But he was supposedly as close to leaving as he as ever been. :rolleyes:

Yeah .. good news at least until Craig Bellamy comes off contract ..

good_gambler
09-15-2006, 04:12 AM
Wow.

Centrebet has some weird betting options. :lol:

NRL - Semi Finals - Mythical Matches
Definition: Pay on final result (whichever side has the highest score in their Semi Final match). Betting includes extra time, if required.

ST GEORGE-ILLAWARRA 1.60
BRISBANE BRONCOS 2.20

MANLY SEA EAGLES 1.60
NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS 2.20

They also have the NSWRL Premier League - Semi Finals up.

No bets for me But VAMOS MANLY! :rocker:

SadrieL
09-15-2006, 04:20 AM
Dragons to do it easily!

sports freak
09-15-2006, 08:43 AM
Dragons to do it easily!

:eek: Champ,somthins tellin me Sea Eagles 2nite,could be a filed goal or extra time imo,take the +5.5pts is value!!Also liking the Dees to cover +20.5 pts over Dockers :)

Finns4
09-15-2006, 10:40 AM
This weekend:

4 units on Brisbane @ 1.75 takin mid week

4 Units on Dragons @ 1.60 takin mid week

2 units Dragons x Brisbane $2.8

SadrieL
09-15-2006, 11:43 AM
Like I said, Dragons do it easily.

good_gambler
09-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Just fucking great.

Melbourne Vs St. George next Saturday. :unsure: :scared:

SadrieL
09-15-2006, 08:30 PM
Come on Dragons!!

Bolar Bolabi
09-16-2006, 03:22 AM
Broncos will win tonight. I'm on them!

sports freak
09-16-2006, 05:35 AM
Like I said, Dragons do it easily.

Too good :yeah: Now i believe every other team are shitting themselves now with the Dragons,especially the Storms :eek:

sports freak
09-16-2006, 05:37 AM
Liking the Broncos 2nite aswell,they should have too much for the Knights!!Surely Joey cant pull this one out,if he does i will Never bet Against the Knights ever again until he retires!!!

SadrieL
09-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Broncos to do it easily!

bad gambler
09-16-2006, 08:16 AM
Broncos to cover -4.5 v Knights - $1.90

I would have faded the Broncs in a heartbeat if Simpson was playing but now with Buderus and Simpson both out I think this one is simply too much even for Joey to pull out. Hunt back for Broncos is HUGE as well - his combination with Lockyer is pretty much the catalyst for most of the Broncos' attack

good luck

SadrieL
09-16-2006, 10:58 AM
This is a slaughter. No comeback this time for the Knights.

bad gambler
09-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Thankyou, come again

good_gambler
09-16-2006, 11:48 AM
:bowdown:

:hatoff:

I wish I was there.

xcrap
09-16-2006, 12:01 PM
no real suprise there, once budz was ruled out broncos basically had a free ticket to the prem finals.