The "Please Learn How to Win an Effing Tiebreak During the Off-Season" Indoor Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The "Please Learn How to Win an Effing Tiebreak During the Off-Season" Indoor Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Deboogle!.
09-11-2006, 02:29 PM
OK, let's try to break it down since people are trying to figure it out :p

After Davis Cup, Andy's entered into:

Tokyo (that may be outdoors? :scratch: ), but I would be surprised if he shows
Vienna, who seem quite pleased that Andy has entered http://www.ba-ca-tennistrophy.at/en/news_31.html?mn=1&sm=1-0
Madrid Masters
something (Lyon again?)
Paris.

These indoor surfaces are great for Andy's game. C'MON! :D

Carito_90
09-11-2006, 02:43 PM
That's a pretty good schedule. :D Me likes.

I can't wait to see what Andy comes up with after this little off-season he's gonna spend with Jimmy. :D

Deboogle!.
09-11-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm really glad he's playing Vienna, or at least that he entered. If he's exhausted after DC and pulls, well whatever, but I think it's a great step. It makes for a very packed fall, 4 tourneys in a row, but he has this week off and assuming he pulls from Tokyo, the week after DC off, so hopefully he'll be ok :) The chances are good that Roger won't play both of the masters events, so, I think Andy has an excellent shot at posting a big run at one or both of them :)

Carito_90
09-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Very true. Roger not playing in either of them would be huge for Andy. :) Although we shouldn't count Rafa out... or the other players such as Berdych, Safin, etc.

partygirl
09-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Love this threads already.
I see big things & big fun comming.:)

knight_ley
09-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Madrid will be neat cuz Kiwi will be there and they'll play eachother and I'll pretend I dont like Andy until he kicks Kiwi's ass and the match is over and then we'll all be friends again.

The reason I don't like indoors though is that NON of it is on my tv. Thank Carlos for the internet.

VAMOS ANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fumus
09-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Yea, I hope it's a good indoor season. Andy is three in the race at the moment, I would like to see him build on that...ya know. Andy could realistically finish the year number 3, if he has a decent indoor year and Ivan doesn't match his results from last year.

Caren
09-11-2006, 03:32 PM
I get to see quite a bit of the indoor season on tv so i'm a happy chappy :)

I can see Andy doing well he always does (not counting Madrid last year of course :o ) but just coz his confidence is on a high at the minute makes Caren confident :D

Tytta!.
09-11-2006, 03:40 PM
:banana: Go Andy! :banana:

merce
09-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Can't believe indoor season is here already. seems like yesterday when he was playing the AO.

morningglory
09-11-2006, 07:19 PM
hopefully he'll carry his booming confidence to at least a couple of titles this season :cool:

Johnny Groove
09-11-2006, 08:43 PM
I believe Tokyo is outdoors Deb, and Roger is playing there as well :scared: But hopefully he can take Paris, beating Ljubo along the way :devil: (Sorry, Rafa will have Madrid :p )

Deboogle!.
09-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Well someone from Japan posted in the Tokyo thread not to count on andy showing up (among others). not that I want Andy to let down those fans, and I wish he hadn't entered in the first place, but I kinda hope he doesn't go...

TwistedDesire.
09-11-2006, 10:04 PM
OK, let's try to break it down since people are trying to figure it out :p

Who? Me??

After Davis Cup, Andy's entered into:

Tokyo (that may be outdoors? :scratch: ), but I would be surprised if he shows
Vienna, who seem quite pleased that Andy has entered http://www.ba-ca-tennistrophy.at/en/news_31.html?mn=1&sm=1-0
Madrid Masters
something (Lyon again?)
Paris.

These indoor surfaces are great for Andy's game. C'MON! :D

THANK YOU. So Madrid isn't the next one?! This guy on TV is sooo clueless. Not as much as me though. So Davis Cup is the next one. When is that? Isn't Madrid in mid-October?

Sorry for all the questions.. I'll improve one day. Until then..

Havok
09-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Solid indoor season. ALlez Andy solid results and #3 is yours.:D

andyroxmysox12191
09-11-2006, 10:21 PM
:banana: Vamos Andy (:

Deboogle!.
09-11-2006, 11:14 PM
THANK YOU. So Madrid isn't the next one?! This guy on TV is sooo clueless. Not as much as me though. So Davis Cup is the next one. When is that? Isn't Madrid in mid-October?

Sorry for all the questions.. I'll improve one day. Until then..my pleasure :) Check out www.atptennis.com for the calendar questions :D

Nishy
09-11-2006, 11:41 PM
Yea Tokyo is outdoor. I have been there before. As I said before, someone already asked tournament organizer and they said it will unlikely that he plays in Tokyo. But it is weird why he is in entry list. I would be very surprised if he shows up.

Edit: I just correct some words spell. :p

Deboogle!.
09-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Yea Tokyo is outdoor. I have been there before. As I said before, someone already asked tournament organizer and they said it will unlikely that he plays in Tokyo. But it is wierd why he is in entry list. I would be very surprized if he shows up.I'm not sure, obviously we have no way to know, but i know people have suggested that some players will get paid a little bit to be "on the entry list" so that the tourney can use their names, and then both parties know full well the player is not going to show up. I personally think this is disgusting and hope it's not true because it just seems like a very poor and deceptive practice.

But looking at it logically, Andy knew he was playing Davis Cup in Moscow - the last time he played DC and flew to Asia the next day to play, he had to be kept awake using smelling salts during his first match and then got hurt in the final. I don't see why he'd consciously repeat that again :scratch:

TwistedDesire.
09-11-2006, 11:54 PM
my pleasure :) Check out www.atptennis.com for the calendar questions :D

!!! I LOVE YOU !!!

Hahaha thank you soo much!

*EDIT*

I must be retarded.. I don't see Davis Cup on there?

Nishy
09-12-2006, 12:17 AM
I'm not sure, obviously we have no way to know, but i know people have suggested that some players will get paid a little bit to be "on the entry list" so that the tourney can use their names, and then both parties know full well the player is not going to show up. I personally think this is disgusting and hope it's not true because it just seems like a very poor and deceptive practice.

But looking at it logically, Andy knew he was playing Davis Cup in Moscow - the last time he played DC and flew to Asia the next day to play, he had to be kept awake using smelling salts during his first match and then got hurt in the final. I don't see why he'd consciously repeat that again :scratch:So "money" is the key point. But don't disappoint fans.

Johnny Groove
09-12-2006, 12:21 AM
!!! I LOVE YOU !!!

Hahaha thank you soo much!

*EDIT*

I must be retarded.. I don't see Davis Cup on there?

:rolls: Davis Cup isnt on there, as it is an ITF event, (yet oddly enuff, the slams are...:scratch: )

As for Andy getting back to #3, I dont see why he cant do it by the end of the year. Ljubijoke has so many points to defend indoors, and Fat Dave (:hug: ) has to defend Shaghai. Meanwhile, Andy has NO POINTS to defend until Paris SF. Andy has no reason not to be #3

Deboogle!.
09-12-2006, 12:30 AM
:rolls: Davis Cup isnt on there, as it is an ITF event, (yet oddly enuff, the slams are...:scratch: )

As for Andy getting back to #3, I dont see why he cant do it by the end of the year. Ljubijoke has so many points to defend indoors, and Fat Dave (:hug: ) has to defend Shaghai. Meanwhile, Andy has NO POINTS to defend until Paris SF. Andy has no reason not to be #3He has his Lyon title. :p but the end of the year rankings are more like the race anyway. Ljubicic is gonna play more than Andy most likely, so he'll probably be #3.

Johnny Groove
09-12-2006, 12:34 AM
He has his Lyon title. :p but the end of the year rankings are more like the race anyway. Ljubicic is gonna play more than Andy most likely, so he'll probably be #3.

o yeah, Lyon. But that happened in the week I had no power due to that bitch hurricane Wilma :awww: Well, I really hope Ljubo slips out to #5, if not further :p

1. Big Nose Roge
2. Buttzilla Nadal
3. Rodduck
4. Fat Dave
5. Blake...James Blake (insert 007 music here)
6. Ljubijoke

:rocker2:

J. Corwin
09-12-2006, 12:40 AM
1. Big Nose Roge
2. Buttzilla Nadal
3. Rodduck
4. Fat Dave
6. Ljubijoke

:haha:

Ok Andy let's finally sneak out a European Masters title this fall, k? Lord knows you won't be winning any of the clay ones, so yeah. :p

TwistedDesire.
09-12-2006, 12:55 AM

This is so confusing. So I went on the ITF page (Yeah, I made it there myself! :)).

I think I'll just wait til it happens.. Hahaha.

Fee
09-12-2006, 01:22 AM

Because the ATP gives points for Slams, but not for Davis Cup.

www.daviscup.org should help, along with www.stevegtennis.com

knight_ley
09-12-2006, 01:25 AM
o yeah, Lyon. But that happened in the week I had no power due to that bitch hurricane Wilma :awww: Well, I really hope Ljubo slips out to #5, if not further :p

1. Big Nose Roge
2. Buttzilla Nadal
3. Rodduck
4. Fat Dave
6. Ljubijoke

Did you not know that Kiefer is coming back???? He'll be taking some of those... :lol: ;)

Golfnduck
09-12-2006, 01:05 PM
The Vienna tournament looks pretty cool. I'm glad Andy is playing in a few tournaments this fall. He can pick up some points in Madrid. The only tournaments he has points to defend are Paris and Lyon. GO ANDY!!!

MissFairy
09-13-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm not sure, obviously we have no way to know, but i know people have suggested that some players will get paid a little bit to be "on the entry list" so that the tourney can use their names, and then both parties know full well the player is not going to show up. I personally think this is disgusting and hope it's not true because it just seems like a very poor and deceptive practice.
Wow, that sucks. I hope it's a case of just realising he doesn't want to go, rather than never intending to turn up if he doesn't play. I don't see why he wants to go from Moscow to Japan and then back to Europe, seems a lot of travelling.

I'm looking for big results in Paris and Madrid please. And if by big, you take it to mean that you should win one, so be it! :D :p

tennis lover
09-13-2006, 12:09 PM
All I can say is bring on the indoor season!!! :rocker2:

Deboogle!.
09-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Wow, that sucks. I hope it's a case of just realising he doesn't want to go, rather than never intending to turn up if he doesn't play. I don't see why he wants to go from Moscow to Japan and then back to Europe, seems a lot of travelling. Exactly... so what's the logical explanation? :(

The Lyon list should've come out today and hasn't, but Andy's not in Basel or St. Petersburg so I imagine he will play Lyon. :)

Deboogle!.
09-14-2006, 05:53 PM
It's out now - Andy's in Lyon with a very strong field (though not as strong as Basel ;))

TwistedDesire.
09-15-2006, 01:07 AM
I never really wanted to admit this in fear of obtaining the "Stupiderer Member" title but I never found the Davis Cup dates on their website..

Deboogle!.
09-15-2006, 01:44 AM
on whose website? www.daviscup.com? It's next weekend. A week from tomorrow.

TwistedDesire.
09-15-2006, 01:47 AM
on whose website? www.daviscup.com? It's next weekend. A week from tomorrow.

!!!!! THAT SOON? !!!!!

Thank you soo much Deb. I would give a reputation if it didn't say I need to spread it around or something.

knight_ley
09-15-2006, 02:46 AM
I think Andy's neatness will carry him very well throughout this indoor season.

Johnny Groove
09-15-2006, 02:49 AM
I think Andy's neatness will carry him very well throughout this indoor season.

will AA be moved here or non-tennis?

liptea
09-15-2006, 03:12 AM
will AA be moved here or non-tennis?

AA stays in GM.

surfpinky
09-15-2006, 03:12 AM
AA doesn't move, it stays put.

liptea
09-15-2006, 07:13 AM
AA doesn't move, it stays put.

nat, we are not nomads.

tangerine_dream
09-15-2006, 05:54 PM
With indoor season around the corner, the Ljuby fans seem to think that this is Ivan's best season and he'll clean up.

How great would it be if Andy were to beat that guy's overrated ass in several of these tournaments? :devil:

But after USO I think the indoor season may belong to Safin again. :)

surfpinky
09-15-2006, 05:55 PM
nat, we are not nomads.
I guess we are now ):

Jlee
09-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Can someone give me an idea of how close Roddick is to clinching a spot in Shanghai? Is it almost a guarantee? What would need to happen?

Deboogle!.
09-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Well, if you look at the front page of the ATP site you will see how close spots like 3-10 are. That said I doubt 6 of those people are gonna have better indoor seasons than Andy, so my guess is for all intents and purposes he's qualified, even if it's not officially clinched yet. Obviously, bagging one of the Masters titles would help :p

Jlee
09-18-2006, 08:28 PM
Thanks Deb, I was looking at that site and trying to figure out how many race points each tournament is worth. I couldn't seem to see it...oh well. That's what I was thinking anyway...

Bagging a Masters would be nice ;)

Deboogle!.
09-18-2006, 08:31 PM
divide entry points by 5, and that's the race points :)

Jlee
09-18-2006, 08:33 PM
:eek: Thank you! :D

Nishy
09-21-2006, 03:13 PM
According to ATP site on top page, Andy's next event is Tokyo. It is also scheduled on ar.com. Is he really coming? But we still don't believe he is coming. lol Andy is not listed in partisipating players on AIG Open(Tokyo) official site. But I don't think this site has new information.
http://www.jta-tennis.or.jp/aigopen/2006/e/players.html

Deboogle!.
09-21-2006, 03:15 PM
Well, the ATP site and ar.com are just going by what he's entered into. And he is officially entered into Tokyo, so that's what they're using for their information. Hard to say really - he'll either show up or pull out a few days before the tourney begins.

TwistedDesire.
09-22-2006, 02:33 AM
Deb, do you know everything?
I think so.

Deboogle!.
09-22-2006, 02:41 AM
I most certainly don't :sobbing:

Tytta!.
09-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Deb, do you know everything?
I think so.

She does.

Deboogle!.
09-22-2006, 03:46 PM
She does.NOT.

partygirl
09-22-2006, 03:50 PM
a lot.

TwistedDesire.
09-22-2006, 04:01 PM
She's too modest, isn't she? :p

tangerine_dream
09-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Deb's a New England Know It All. :lol:

Little Miss Perfect. :angel:

Esquire To Be. :p

acoffeygirl
09-22-2006, 04:21 PM
nat, we are not nomads.
This makes me think of the Emerald Nuts commercial about the nomads. :lol: All morning now I've been trying to remember how the commercial went. :sobbing:

surfpinky
09-22-2006, 05:57 PM
This makes me think of the Emerald Nuts commercial about the nomads. :lol: All morning now I've been trying to remember how the commercial went. :sobbing:
envious nomads love emerald nuts! or something like that... :sobbing:

Deboogle!.
09-22-2006, 06:00 PM
some of the ads are here? http://www.emeraldnuts.com/

acoffeygirl
09-22-2006, 06:07 PM
Yeah I looked at the site, but it only had the recent adds. I think you are right Nat...it is something like that!!!

punctuated.
09-23-2006, 04:59 AM
egyptian navigators love emerald nuts. as do navigators of the electromagnetic variety.

renee_chin
09-26-2006, 10:09 AM
looks like andy has withdrawn from tokyo.
ar.com has vienna (starts 9th oct) as his next tourney, and he's not on the players list on the japan open tourney site

Winston's Human
09-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Condolences to Andy's Japanese fans.

BUT

Smart move Andy.

Deboogle!.
09-26-2006, 02:42 PM
indeed. i wish he'd never entered in the first place, but this is better for him, for sure.

Golfnduck
09-27-2006, 01:52 PM
At least he'll get some rest and have time to work with Jimmy.

partygirl
09-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Oh boy...
This really is my least favorite time of the year, so little & bad coverage of a section he does well in usually. :(

until the year end tournament, pics will be my only sustenance i think. *pout* *pout*

...well that and this support group.

Nishy
09-27-2006, 09:35 PM
looks like andy has withdrawn from tokyo.
ar.com has vienna (starts 9th oct) as his next tourney, and he's not on the players list on the japan open tourney siteHere is the players list from AIG Japan Open site. He is not on the list.
http://www.jta-tennis.or.jp/aigopen/2006/pdf/players_list_ms.pdf
But there is one WC left. Surprise?=Andy play? It's not gonna happen.lol

Anyway, good move Andy for considering his schedule. But don't disappoint our Japanese fan anymore, otherwise we're not gonna believe you and will lose some fans. :lol: Just curious, why he entered? Someone said some players may get cash just to appear on the lists.

Deboogle!.
09-27-2006, 09:45 PM
Here is the players list from AIG Japan Open site. He is not on the list.
http://www.jta-tennis.or.jp/aigopen/2006/pdf/players_list_ms.pdf
But there is one WC left. Surprise?=Andy play? It's not gonna happen.lolWell he already entered. So if he pulled out, he couldn't get a WC anyway :lol:
Someone said some players may get cash just to appear on the lists.Yeah, that might be true. I hope not, but if it is true, I hope the ATP does something about it :(

tangerine_dream
09-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Keep in mind that many players are somewhat forced to commit to tournaments in order to play others (remember Davenport's comments a short while ago?):

Lindsay said that the WTA tried to force her to sign up for tournaments 3 weeks after she was disgnosed with having 2 bulging discs in her back when both she and the WTA knew that she could not possibly play. The WTA basically gave her an ultimatum: either you sign up for these tournaments or you won't receive wild cards.

Lindsay said that she had to take a stand and not give the impression to the fans that she was pulling out of tournaments at the last minute. Lindsay says that she bets that the reasons so many women pull out of tournaments at the last minute is because the WTA forced them to sign up in the first place.

I'm sure this happens on the ATP too...

Deboogle!.
09-27-2006, 09:53 PM
actually I don't think it does happen on the ATP. i've never heard about it at all, whereas you hear about the designated tourneys for the women all the time. instead, the ATP has the mandatory masters events.

Havok
09-27-2006, 10:50 PM
Yup the ATP has the manditory TMS events. If, n top of that, they force players to sign up to certain events I think the players would go on a rampage or something :lol:. Anyways sucks for all the fans who were looking forward to seeing Andy live but this is the best move for Andy. What constantly hurts him the most during this time of the year is not enough rest. Since his summer hardcourt season is so packed and he keeps on winning he needs a solid 2-3 weeks of not only rest but training and practising as well. Plus he'll need all the rest he can get before he heads off to Europe for 4 straight tournaments as well as the TMC right after that (pretty sure there is a week between the PAris TMS and the TMC so Andy will likely fly back home like the retard he is :p).

Deboogle!.
09-27-2006, 10:54 PM
(pretty sure there is a week between the PAris TMS and the TMC so Andy will likely fly back home like the retard he is :p).Yes there is and I'm sure you're right :lol:

Nishy
09-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Well he already entered. So if he pulled out, he couldn't get a WC anyway :lol:Oh, that's right. Didn't notice that:lol:

Winston's Human
09-28-2006, 02:57 AM
When did Andy sign up for Tokyo?

Perhaps, he signed up before his great runs in Cincinnati and New York, and thought he might need the match play.

Deboogle!.
09-28-2006, 03:54 AM
When did Andy sign up for Tokyo?

Perhaps, he signed up before his great runs in Cincinnati and New York, and thought he might need the match play.6 weeks before the tourney.. so.. 6 weeks from next monday.. the thread in the tourney forum was posted on Aug 21, so it would've been after Cincy but before USO. That's possible, but he still knew he'd be going to Europe shortly after and he also knew he'd be going to Moscow for the DC Semi.... :scratch:

Deboogle!.
09-28-2006, 09:16 PM
Andy's now officially recognized as being out of Tokyo per the ATP player updates.

Jimnik
10-01-2006, 09:08 AM
I don't like Andy's indoor schedule: Vienna-Madrid-Lyons-Paris. Is he really going to play 4 weeks in a row?

Personally I think it would have been better to play Tokyo and skip Vienna.

Meanwhile, Lj****** has overtaken him in the 2006 Race and is scheduled to play the same tournaments.

Deboogle!.
10-01-2006, 02:37 PM
I don't like Andy's indoor schedule: Vienna-Madrid-Lyons-Paris. Is he really going to play 4 weeks in a row?

Personally I think it would have been better to play Tokyo and skip Vienna.I think it's a great schedule. He can handle 4 weeks in a row, he's just had some time off. Tokyo is on the other side of the world and outdoors, playing there would be pointless and the travel would probably be just as tough on his body as not having a week off before Madrid. He's never played the week before Madrid and I think it's hurt him there. So I'm pleased he's playing Vienna :)

Ljubicic has like a 2 point lead on Andy, I don't think it's much to worry about with 2 Masters and the TMC coming up. James just kicked his ass :cool:

Tytta!.
10-01-2006, 02:56 PM
James!! :D

Jimnik
10-01-2006, 05:06 PM
I think it's a great schedule. He can handle 4 weeks in a row, he's just had some time off. Tokyo is on the other side of the world and outdoors, playing there would be pointless and the travel would probably be just as tough on his body as not having a week off before Madrid. He's never played the week before Madrid and I think it's hurt him there. So I'm pleased he's playing Vienna :)

Ljubicic has like a 2 point lead on Andy, I don't think it's much to worry about with 2 Masters and the TMC coming up. James just kicked his ass :cool:
Ah, I didn't know Tokyo is outdoors.

Great win for James. :yeah: I didn't see the match but that score looks almost too good. Was Ljubic injured?

Tytta!.
10-01-2006, 05:17 PM
it doesn't matter... :devil:

Deboogle!.
10-01-2006, 05:17 PM

Great win for James. :yeah: I didn't see the match but that score looks almost too good. Was Ljubic injured?Yep Tokyo's outdoors.

Ljubicic may have been. I think he took a timeout against Ginepri the other day... not sure though.

Re :haha: :haha:

Oh, Update from John today :banana: :banana: :banana:
------------------------
Oct 1st 2006
Jimmy Connors Visit

Andy is getting ready for the fall European swing by heading out to California with me to see Jimmy for 4 days. We always get a lot accomplished with Jimmy around, and Andy is looking forward to another tough training week with Jimmy. Andy is going to really focus on his return game in an effort to start getting more cheap points when he is returning. If he can do that it will put a ton of pressure on his opponents, because they know it is going to be difficult to break Andy’s serve.

Jimnik
10-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Is Jimmy going to travel with him to Europe?

Deboogle!.
10-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Highly highly doubt it. But it seems they talk after every match or so. Glad to hear he's working specifically on the return though, could help him immensely indoors as he will hold most of the time, if he can get a break a set and avoid some of those TBs....:o

Jimnik
10-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Breaking opponents serve - sounds like a good plan. :)

I remember a time when Andy was winning around 90% of his tie-breaks. Whatever happened to that?

shruti
10-01-2006, 10:30 PM
Was Ljubic injured?

Nope Blake just out-played him.
He was totally off though.

Havok
10-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Smart schedule imo. If he clicks and finds a groove Andy is such a rythm player that it will carry through for the next event (s), and if he loses early then he'll just likely fly to his next location and work hard there and get used to the conditions/courts, etc. Also playing the week before a TMS event is always best for Andy (when he doesnt he usualy sucks).

Golfnduck
10-03-2006, 05:11 PM
Smart schedule imo. If he clicks and finds a groove Andy is such a rythm player that it will carry through for the next event (s), and if he loses early then he'll just likely fly to his next location and work hard there and get used to the conditions/courts, etc. Also playing the week before a TMS event is always best for Andy (when he doesnt he usualy sucks).
I'm hoping he'll play well in Vienna, it would be a great chance for him to get back into the swing of things.

Dinkie
10-03-2006, 08:36 PM

Yeah, but his most recent streaks of tournaments saw him getting injured after tourny two or three. He risks the masters again imo.

Deboogle!.
10-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Yeah, but his most recent streaks of tournaments saw him getting injured after tourny two or three. He risks the masters again imo.Andy's played 3-4 tourneys in a row many times in his career with no injury concerns. He hasn't played as much this year as he has and he's just had a couple weeks off. Barring a freak injury (which is most of what he's had recently anyway - can't chalk sprained ankles and stuff up to overplaying), I don't see why he should have a problem. It's indoors, most of the matches should be relatively quick, short points, etc.

revolution
10-03-2006, 08:51 PM
He should play them all :) Winning matches brings confidence and he needs a boost after the DC disappointment.

Deboogle!.
10-06-2006, 06:10 PM
According to Four:Love, Andy's not getting to Vienna til Monday and has requested a Wednesday start.

He never ceases to baffle and disappoint.

just unreal. his preparation and professionalism is probably the one thing he could be in the most control over and he pulls this stuff time and time again.
http://www.ba-ca-tennistrophy.at/en/news_57.html?mn=1&sm=1-0

partygirl
10-06-2006, 08:05 PM
the Diva Bitch is in effect.:sobbing:

-he better show & prove.

tennis lover
10-06-2006, 08:37 PM
According to Four:Love, Andy's not getting to Vienna til Monday and has requested a Wednesday start.

just unreal. his preparation and professionalism is probably the one thing he could be in the most control over and he pulls this stuff time and time again.
:eek: Monday?!? that's ridiculous! he's had 2 weeks off, you'd think he'd at least get there on the weekend before the tournament actually starts. :rolleyes: Obviously he's too busy going to nightclubs in Vegas :o

Deboogle!.
10-06-2006, 08:38 PM
:eek: Monday?!? that's ridiculous! he's had 2 weeks off, you'd think he'd at least get there on the weekend before the tournament actually starts. :rolleyes: Obviously he's too busy going to nightclubs in Vegas :opretty much. And LA, don't forget the clubs in LA too. :rolleyes:

tennis lover
10-06-2006, 09:00 PM
pretty much. And LA, don't forget the clubs in LA too. :rolleyes:
oh yeah, silly me! :p

kookabura17
10-06-2006, 09:05 PM
When was he leaving California?

tangerine_dream
10-06-2006, 09:17 PM

Why are you always so hard on Andy's arrival dates? :sad: Did it ever occur to you that he may still be training with Connors? Perhaps he's taking care of some last minute business before he leaves for Europe?

The last time you jumped on him for this was when he had to pull out because of injury.

Let's give him a break. We don't know why he does what he does but I believe that his team has legit reasons for it. :)

Deboogle!.
10-06-2006, 09:36 PM
What does pulling out with injury have to do with him waiting til after a tournament even begins to arrive? As Lee just said to me somewhere else, these guys are public figures and put themselves out there to be criticized. When he arrives to a tournament is the one thing he probably has control over most.

The fact that probably his biggest threat to winning this title has been there for a couple days already speaks volumes to me.

And the fact that he's been off for 2 weeks and since Davis Cup has shown up in clubs in multiple cities, been on an entertainment talk show, etc. doesn't really help me sympathize with him in this particular instance. If he's still out here with Jimmy then I find it very hard to believe he couldn't go see Jimmy like, 2 days before so that he could get to the tourney like, today or tomorrow, which would give him a much better shot at getting over the jetlag and adjusting to these very unique indoor courts. I don't think he's practicing on carpet in Santa Barbara with Jimmy :shrug:

Even if he's not trying to win Vienna but is using it to warm himself up for the indoor season, that's still no excuse to prolong the habit of poor preparation and late arrival.

I appreciate and admire your optimism but I can't accept it this time :)

partygirl
10-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Because his arrival dates are like the least advantageous thing he does for himself & i really think it makes a difference.
He puts all this effort into all the physical stuff yet he won't get his physical self there till the last minute & sometimes the brain arrives late so give it time.:p

we're hard on him because we expect a lot from him.

So he doesn't always live up to that, that's cool...nobodys perfect
i think we all know that
but it is no reason to stop expecting better:)

morningglory
10-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Andy arriving late? :lol:
What a surprise... :p ;)

Deboogle!.
10-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Because his arrival dates are like the least advantageous thing he does for himself & i really think it makes a difference.
He puts all this effort into all the physical stuff yet he won't get his physical self there till the last minute & sometimes the brain arrives late so give it time.:p

we're hard on him because we expect a lot from him.

So he doesn't always live up to that, that's cool...nobodys perfect
i think we all know that
but it is no reason to stop expecting better:)
Exactly :yeah:

Havok
10-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Boo. As long as he actually shows up and puts a decent performance here (ie. WIN!) then I don't care :lol:.

Deboogle!.
10-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Boo. As long as he actually shows up and puts a decent performance here (ie. WIN!) then I don't care :lol:.Well sure but at the moment we can't look at it retrospectively so all we can say is that getting there so late merely diminishes his chances of accomplishing that.

MisterQ
10-06-2006, 10:55 PM
As long as he gets there before the match starts, I'm happy. :lol:

Havok
10-07-2006, 03:25 AM
As long as he gets there before the match starts, I'm happy. :lol:

That's what I'm talkin about!:yeah:

adee-gee
10-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Oh my god Andy's Vienna draw :help:

Acasuso in R1, and probably Gasquet in R2 :(

adee-gee
10-07-2006, 09:19 AM
(1) Ivan Ljubicic (CRO) - Agustin Calleri (ARG)
Alessio di Mauro (ITA) - Florian Mayer (GER)
Qualifier - Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI)
Qualifier - Novak Djokovic (SCG)

(4) Marcos Baghdatis (CYP) - Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo (ESP)
(WC) Stefan Koubek (AUT) - Denis Gremelmayr (GER)
Dominik Hrbaty - Qualifier
(WC) Martin Fischer (AUT) - Tommy Haas (GER)

Juan-Carlos Ferrero (ESP) - Jürgen Melzer (AUT)
Xavier Malisse (BEL) - Sebastien Grosjean (FRA)
Richard Gasquet (FRA) - Qualifier
Jose Acasuso (ARG) - (3) Andy Roddick (USA)

Fernando Gonzalez (CHI) - Gilles Simon (FRA)
Carlos Moya (ESP) - Nicolas Almagro (ESP)
(WC) Rainer Eitzinger (AUT) - Oliver Marach (AUT)
Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG) - (2) David Nalbandian (ARG)

renee_chin
10-07-2006, 09:44 AM
he's got the toughest quarter of the draw - good quality & experienced players...

tough draw + late arrival... excellent :unsure:

MissFairy
10-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Wow. That draw blows.

Winston's Human
10-07-2006, 11:16 AM
I do not think that Andy's quarter is that bad.

He faces first Acasuso (who is mainly a clay courter), then Gasquet (who is a head case), and finally one of his bitches (either Ferrero, Grosjean, Malisse or Melzer) against whom Andy has a combined 22-1 H2H.

Plus, I think Ljubicic would be a harder semifinal opponent than Nalbandian.

adee-gee
10-07-2006, 12:12 PM
I do not think that Andy's quarter is that bad.

He faces first Acasuso (who is mainly a clay courter), then Gasquet (who is a head case), and finally one of his bitches (either Ferrero, Grosjean, Malisse or Melzer) against whom Andy has a combined 22-1 H2H.

Plus, I think Ljubicic would be a harder semifinal opponent than Nalbandian.
Acasuso is sound on quick courts, Gasquet is capable of beating anyone on his day. For the first 2 rounds in a relatively small event, it's not a good draw.

Deboogle!.
10-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Adam participating in a tourney thread for Andy? :eek:

I just saw the draw and literally laughed out LOUD. :haha: SF opponent is irrelevant with a draw like that. :rolls: Even if he manages to get past Acasuso which I doubt given the circumstances, Gasquet's backhand up the line will burn him all day :lol:

Have fun Andy, getting there Monday and all :o

Deboogle!.
10-07-2006, 01:06 PM
I just looked at the draw again as I was about to close it and I laughed out loud again :haha: :haha: :haha:

Johnny Groove
10-07-2006, 01:08 PM
:haha: Deb

Im surprised Nalbandian is even playing. :tape:

Deboogle!.
10-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Yeah, his draw isn't that bad past the first two rounds, but unfortunately he won't get past those so it doesn't even matter :haha:

Johnny Groove
10-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Chcuho, Gasquet, one of his bitches, Fat Dave/Gonzo, then Ljubo/Nole/Baggy/Haas

:tape:

adee-gee
10-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Adam participating in a tourney thread for Andy? :eek:

I was bored at work :p

Deboogle!.
10-07-2006, 02:54 PM
I was bored at work :pWell I wish you'd do it more often:hug:

adee-gee
10-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Well I wish you'd do it more often:hug:

I get too frustrated with Andy, people would get annoyed by my outspokenness (is that even a word? :lol: )

Deboogle!.
10-07-2006, 02:57 PM
dude, read back and see my reaction to him getting there on Monday... you couldn't possibly be any worse than that :lol:

Plus, since when do you care what other people think? :) If you wanna say something, here or anywhere else, say it. :)

adee-gee
10-07-2006, 02:59 PM
dude, read back and see my reaction to him getting there on Monday... you couldn't possibly be any worse than that :lol:

Plus, since when do you care what other people think? :) If you wanna say something, here or anywhere else, say it. :)

Ummmm...ok you got me :p I'll post here :awww:

knight_ley
10-07-2006, 03:00 PM
:banghead:
AND WHY RICHIE IN ROUND TWO?
Either way one of the only 2 people I give a rat's ass about will be gone.
Thumbs down to Vienna drawmakers.
:(

Deboogle!.
10-07-2006, 03:01 PM

Ummmm...ok you got me :p I'll post here :awww:I thought so ;)

:woohoo: :banana: :dance: :yippee:

revolution
10-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Negativity should be wiped out in this thread :p

He'll make the QFs, and possibly even further. :)

Deboogle!.
10-07-2006, 03:06 PM
:haha: Not possible :p Plus it's not negativity, it's just realism. He should beat Acasuso indoors, and if he were already in Vienna I might about it differently. Gasquet has the kind of game that would give Andy fits, that's just purely looking at their tennis. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that anyone with a good BH DTL hurts Andy, especially now that he can't put his FH Away but he still camps in that corner :lol:

If he makes the QFs I think he'll make it further, it's making it to the QFs that I'm not convinced of ;)

partygirl
10-07-2006, 03:16 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/whacky116.gif

partygirl
10-07-2006, 03:48 PM
If he were to loose and then like -go home.
That would not be cool.

It is a little pessimistic in here though, i mean he's going to have to prove himself sometime if he is ever really to get out of this slump (at least in most of our eyes & shot nerves)

The master title & the U.S open run were truely super!
but were looking for some consistency here :) we all remember that Roddick right?:)

NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME...:aplot:the bastard.

Deboogle!.
10-07-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm sure he won't go home.... and I agree, he still has an awful lot to prove.

Deboogle!.
10-07-2006, 06:58 PM
And Andy wonders why Roger does better?

I was very happy with the way my semifinal match went and I am really excited to be playing in my first final in Japan tomorrow. I arrived here five days before my first match and was really hoping for a good result, now I am only one win away from claiming my first title in Japan in what I am sure will be a tough match.

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

revolution
10-07-2006, 07:01 PM
|:

J. Corwin
10-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Andy don't let the door hit you too hard on the way out. :lol:

cobalt60
10-07-2006, 09:45 PM
|:

Happy Birthday !! :hug:

morningglory
10-07-2006, 10:13 PM
cmon we all know Andy's gonna take the title... Acasuso is a hopeless headcase and so is Gasquet...

williaer
10-07-2006, 11:20 PM
cmon we all know Andy's gonna take the title... Acasuso is a hopeless headcase and so is Gasquet...
Eek I wish I was as confident as you are. Yes, Richard is a mental midget but on a good day he can beat ANYONE. I must say, I am excited about that match (of course that is if I'm assuming Andy beats Jose) because I'm interested to see how they'd play against each other!
In regards to Andy arriving on Monday, well, that's just disappointing. Really bad. He goes on about how professional he's become since working with Dean etc. but this really doesn't show when he does silly things like arriving late to a tournament. To be quite honest, I'm surprised Jimmy is letting Andy do this!

Lets hope he's arriving late because he's been training with Jimmy; not because he's been out partying with Paris Hilton etc. :p

tennis lover
10-07-2006, 11:37 PM
:banghead:
AND WHY RICHIE IN ROUND TWO?
Either way one of the only 2 people I give a rat's ass about will be gone.
Thumbs down to Vienna drawmakers.
:(
:hug: I know how you feel! :( I'd hoped that whenever Andy and Richie finally play each other it would be in a final so I won't be too upset for the loser, but the 2nd round?!? :sobbing: I still want Andy to win it but it would've been nice if both of them could have a good run since they both need it.

TwistedDesire.
10-07-2006, 11:59 PM
So he's not playing on Monday?

Sorry if it's a stupid question. Just remember who you're talking to. :)

partygirl
10-08-2006, 12:04 AM
No because that is when he gets there.:p

PinkFeatherBoa
10-08-2006, 12:04 AM
So he's not playing on Monday?

Sorry if it's a stupid question. Just remember who you're talking to. :)

:wavey: Nope he is getting there on Monday ( |: ) and he hopes to play Wednesday.

I want to poke the drawmaker hard for Andy/Richard so early.

TwistedDesire.
10-08-2006, 12:07 AM
But was he scheduled to play on Monday?

What is wrong with him, getting there on the day the tournament starts? :sobbing:

Deboogle!.
10-08-2006, 12:22 AM
He was never scheduled for Monday, he's gonna play Wednesday.

knight_ley
10-08-2006, 01:07 AM
He didn't wanna leave the States till Columbus day.

TwistedDesire.
10-08-2006, 01:54 AM
He was never scheduled for Monday, he's gonna play Wednesday.

Oh okay lol.
Thanks.

Jimnik
10-08-2006, 02:19 AM
I just hope Andy makes it past Acasuso. The Argentine hasn't played any indoor tournaments either so there are no excuses.

If he loses to Gasquet or JCF, I won't be too disappointed. He can arrive early in Madrid and prepare for the really important tournament.

simpletennis
10-08-2006, 03:06 AM
ai, probable 2nd rd. meeting w/richie. who makes these draws!?!?!? i know they're random, but it sucks, i wanted them to meet in a final

World Beater
10-08-2006, 08:07 AM
gasquet's return of serve is suspect and andy's serve will be monstrous indoors...i like andy's chances if they do meet.

Deboogle!.
10-08-2006, 03:33 PM
well apparently Vienna plays on the slow side for an indoor court?

blosson
10-08-2006, 11:07 PM
One by one, confirmation came in from the remaining stars: from Andy Roddick, who announced his arrival for Monday and sent his equipment man, Glenn Flint, ahead, and from Masters champ, David Nalbandian, who is set to arrive on Saturday. Others are already in Vienna. Reigning champ, Ivan Ljubicic and Trophy victor 2001, Tommy Haas have already become familiar with the new Opti-Court. Tournament director, Peter Feigl feels "a sense of delight", but is still "hurt" by Nadal´s cancellation last year.

I didn't know Andy had an equipment man. I hope Andy can steal Ljubicic's title for a change.

Deboogle!.
10-08-2006, 11:52 PM
I didn't know Andy had an equipment man. I hope Andy can steal Ljubicic's title for a change.he had that guy named what was it, Grant? he used to post on the TW boards or something? they decided to part ways on friendly terms, guess he got someone else :)

simpletennis
10-09-2006, 01:33 AM
I didn't know Andy had an equipment man. I hope Andy can steal Ljubicic's title for a change.

andy has a whole entourage, they just show his coaches

snaillyyy
10-09-2006, 04:31 PM
At least we know he has arrived :lol:

http://www.sport1.at/coremedia/pics/34/55/93/4x424x300x1,property=original.jpg
http://www.sport1.at/coremedia/pics/34/55/93/6x424x300x1,property=original.jpghttp://www.sport1.at/coremedia/pics/34/55/93/8x424x300x1,property=original.jpghttp://www.sport1.at/coremedia/pics/34/55/94/0x424x300x1,property=original.jpg

partygirl
10-09-2006, 04:47 PM
:eek: Somebody is lookin' ROCKSTAR -ish

....nice spectacles Roddick:inlove:
thank you for those "C";)

kalou2
10-09-2006, 04:49 PM
hahaha geeze someone buy Andy a pair of really cool Prada glasses these bug ones are yuk!

partygirl
10-09-2006, 04:54 PM
they are cool, less bug like than the type he has been known to sport.
far better than the shameful jackie -o wannabe white ones
or
those horrific red ones he used try.

dasdas22
10-09-2006, 05:40 PM
At least we know he has arrived :lol:

http://www.sport1.at/coremedia/pics/34/55/93/4x424x300x1,property=original.jpg
http://www.sport1.at/coremedia/pics/34/55/93/6x424x300x1,property=original.jpghttp://www.sport1.at/coremedia/pics/34/55/93/8x424x300x1,property=original.jpghttp://www.sport1.at/coremedia/pics/34/55/94/0x424x300x1,property=original.jpg

:inlove: awww cutiiiiie

Havok
10-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Those sunglasses own :banana:. Finally he wears a decent pair :lol:. Well he's arrived so that's a good thing, and he's looking good and refreshed which is nice to see :). I hope the Roddick/Gasquet is a classic battle (with Andy winning it of course :p).

blosson
10-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Andy is still wearing those camo pants, they are soooo 3 years ago! Other that he's looking good. Thanks for the pics. Is that blonde guy in the background with blue shirt and dark jacket John (second picture from top)?

Havok
10-09-2006, 07:44 PM
:haha: I just noticed Andy's wearing my schoolbag :haha:. See the straps that are black with the beige trim? That's my schoolbag :p. Andy you bastard stop copying me.:)

Havok
10-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Nope that's not him, at least I don't think. Agree that camo shit was in a couple of years ago but he's wearing it well and it suits his whole "get up" so I didn't mind it as much as I would have if he were wearing a polo or something.

blosson
10-09-2006, 07:54 PM
he has so many bags :lol: the camos have been overshadowed by his new black sunnies.

Deboogle!.
10-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Seems he practiced today too :p

snaillyyy
10-09-2006, 09:39 PM
omg :lol: he looks half dead in those pictures, like he has been on an all night bender. At least he has arrived AND is practicing all in one day:p;)

Deboogle!.
10-09-2006, 09:41 PM
well he probably took the redeye last night, so he probably was pretty :silly: Hence why it was :smash: for him to not arrive til today :)

partygirl
10-09-2006, 09:51 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=101244&d=1160428545
quite the confident look there Roddick:cool:

-Wet ducks:lol:are so cute.

tennis lover
10-09-2006, 10:09 PM
aww, tired Andy! :hug:

blosson
10-09-2006, 10:21 PM
So the sunnies were hiding those eye bags.

J. Corwin
10-09-2006, 10:58 PM
That last pic of Andy makes him look like he dyed his hair. :lol:

partygirl
10-09-2006, 11:12 PM
i know...he looks freshly honey blonded:tape:

tennis lover
10-09-2006, 11:16 PM
I thought his hair looked a lot lighter as well! It's probably just the sun though. :)

Deboogle!.
10-09-2006, 11:17 PM
I thought his hair looked a lot lighter as well! It's probably just the sun though. :)Probably :) My hair can look vastly different depending on the light and style :p

knight_ley
10-09-2006, 11:20 PM
quite the confident look there Roddick:cool:

tennis lover
10-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Probably :) My hair can look vastly different depending on the light and style :p
Mine too. :)

blosson
10-10-2006, 07:30 AM

Semi-complete beauty job: chest hair removal, hair cut and highlights, face mask, zit treatment and massage. He forgot the nails...

Raina
10-10-2006, 12:41 PM
one more pic...he looks better in this pic....:)

knight_ley
10-10-2006, 02:25 PM

:lol: your avatar!

Deboogle!.
10-10-2006, 02:42 PM
omg he's like a frickin rockstar there :sobbing: and a couple more pics and the one raina posted bigger :D
=======================
Marach wins - First pratice of Roddick in Vienna

At the 21. BA-CA Trophy on the first day of the main tournament about 3.000 visitors viewed the match between the two Austrians Oliver Marach and Rainer Eitzinger. Marach won the great and very exciting match 2:6 7:5 7:6 (8:6) and took in his own way the revenge for the match at the Kitzbühel Tournament earlier this year, where he lost in two straight sets.

©Bild: Gepa-PicturesAbout 2.500 kids additionally to the visitors enjoyed watching all the good matches, and were happy to get close to their stars like Ljubicic, Baghdatis, Fischer and Oswald.

But the Top-event of the day was the arrival and the first practice of Superstar Andy Roddick, which was open to the public.

Winston's Human
10-10-2006, 03:26 PM
I thought his hair looked a lot lighter as well! It's probably just the sun though. :)

My hair gets lighter every year. In the right light, I can delude myself that it is getting blonder.

Deboogle!.
10-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Here's an article from an Austrian paper in German

http://www.kurier.at/sport/weiteresportarten/32704.php

Translate it with google or babelfish :lol:

merce
10-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Andy :hug: get some rest

and he was wearing a 2005 US Open sweater :awww:

kookabura17
10-10-2006, 04:35 PM
That translated article was very confusing. Especially the whole Paris Hilton/Sharapova thing.

Deboogle!.
10-10-2006, 04:40 PM
That translated article was very confusing. Especially the whole Paris Hilton/Sharapova thing.What was confusing about it? seemed pretty clear to me even through crappy electronic translation

What is to at the rumor concerning a Liaison with Paris Hilton? "nothing at all. We are not a pair. , if one is with someone in the same area with a meeting, such things always arise." Also with Maria Scharapowa, then he does not insure, nothing at all was not. Whether it would not anyway rather look for itself, if it could select itself it an unknown friend? "better a not well-known friend is to be had, because it people no notion of this person have."

He's saying no, not with Paris, you meet someone in the same area and rumors will come. also not with maria, and he says it's better to date someone who isn't well known.

kookabura17
10-10-2006, 04:43 PM
I understood the whole Paris thing, but the Sharapova thing was confusing for me? (I took it as he wouldn't talk about Sharapova but he denied Hilton.) You are smarter then I am so whatever.

Deboogle!.
10-10-2006, 04:44 PM
I mean, online electronic translations suck. It's hard to tell what half of the stuff means.

But he's already flat-out denied the Maria thing anyway :shrug: And what he says about dating not well-known people is what some of us have said for months and months :)

merce
10-10-2006, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the part translation :), i was too lazy to do it

Deboogle!.
10-10-2006, 05:19 PM
Well the best part is at the beginning where he says something to the effect of he can't sing or dance so he can't be a popstar :haha:

MissFairy
10-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Well the best part is at the beginning where he says something to the effect of he can't sing or dance so he can't be a popstar :haha:

I love zee dork. I would laugh so hard if Andy released a single. I would laugh harder if he did a duet with Vinnay Dawg. I would laugh even harder if they set up a rapping troupe with Gael Monfils as the beatbox (funkay hair and all). :cool: :p

partygirl
10-10-2006, 05:40 PM
I might let him do the rap on one of my Remixes i always liked the sound of his voice.

It will have to wait until I'm super established though so i could just laugh it off if it tanks & no one buys it.

the video would be hot though -yo.
i'll take care of the song & dance.

merce
10-10-2006, 06:13 PM
No American Idol for Andy then :lol:.

It's a shame 'cause i will buy his album :scared: - no matter the sound :unsure:

partygirl
10-10-2006, 06:31 PM
you might re-think that after about 50 minutes of that sound he calls singing
...he's much better suited as a feature.:lol:

merce
10-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Haha, nah i will still buy it :) and dance to Andy's beats :dance:

also i'm known for buying unnecessary things so it will suit me well :lol:

Deboogle!.
10-10-2006, 07:25 PM
So Andy's playing up 4th after a 1pm start. After a lot of other players play their 2nd round matches and of course several hours after Gasquet will play his first match :o

blosson
10-10-2006, 08:11 PM
Well, he asked for a Wednesday start.

Deboogle!.
10-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I just figured it'd be earlier wednesday :p

revolution
10-10-2006, 08:33 PM
So Andy's playing up 4th after a 1pm start. After a lot of other players play their 2nd round matches and of course several hours after Gasquet will play his first match :o

He'll be up for it :)

You just have a feeling that all these factors that appear to hinder him might just end up doing the opposite for no apparent reason.

PinkFeatherBoa
10-10-2006, 10:23 PM

Well at least I get to watch it, as it's a late match.

Don't know if this will be a good thing. |:!

Deboogle!.
10-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Does this work? http://tools.search.yahoo.com/language/translation/tbTranslatedPage.php?fr=ytff&lp=xx_en&text=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.diepresse.com%2FArtikel.aspx %3Fchannel%3Ds%26ressort%3Djd%26id%3D591580

Neely
10-11-2006, 12:24 AM
I don't have such a good feeling about his match today against Acasuso, he better proves me wrong! :(

Deboogle!.
10-11-2006, 12:56 AM
whoa!

http://www.platypusmedia.eu/stadthalle_fotos/picts_orig/1160503662.jpg
http://www.platypusmedia.eu/stadthalle_fotos/picts_orig/1160503663.jpg

knight_ley
10-11-2006, 02:01 AM
Deb! That sencond one! :hearts: I like huge pix! :kiss:

Deboogle!.
10-11-2006, 02:02 AM
:D

Bagelicious
10-11-2006, 02:05 AM
That first pic is nice, where is Andy? That hall is gorgeous!

Deboogle!.
10-11-2006, 02:06 AM
the Vienna State Opera :cool:

Havok
10-11-2006, 03:35 AM
Those glasses need to be more squareish for them to really own. Though best sunglasses he's ever worn though :banana:.

MisterQ
10-11-2006, 03:48 AM
whoa!

Isn't that the Vienna opera house? I went there so many times! :cool:

I'm glad his sunglasses have the Naldo seal of approval. :yeah: ;)

snaillyyy
10-11-2006, 03:53 AM
Thanks Deb :kiss: that pic makes me want to go back to the opera house:D

Deboogle!.
10-11-2006, 04:12 AM
Makes me want to go to Vienna period :sad:

(shuddup Jace :ras: :lol: )

snaillyyy
10-11-2006, 04:15 AM
We were only able to spend one day there, when my sister was in school, but I always tell myself I have to go back. Maybe next year when we go.

partygirl
10-11-2006, 04:20 AM
whoa!

Ok! making thumbs up in a picture is really kind of foolish.
the 2nd however...stopped my heart:fiery::Dso i guess that makes up for it.

simpletennis
10-11-2006, 05:45 AM
whoa!

thanks, that place is huge! i have sunglasses like that. hehe

J. Corwin
10-11-2006, 07:59 AM
Makes me want to go to Vienna period :sad:

(shuddup Jace :ras: :lol: )

:tape:;)

I don't know, if the freakin SWAROVSKI CRYSTAL CENTRAL couldn't make you go, I doubt lil ol Vienna Opera House could make you change your itinerary. :p

thanks, that place is huge! i have sunglasses like that. hehe

I do too! I don't know if that's good or bad. :lol: But Naldo approves, so I better wear it like there's no tomorrow before it goes out of fashion. ;)

Those glasses need to be more squareish for them to really own. Though best sunglasses he's ever worn though :banana:.

:yeah:

merce
10-11-2006, 01:54 PM
whoa!

Love the pics and the glasses are still on :aplot:
:p

surfpinky
10-11-2006, 02:00 PM
What was confusing about it? seemed pretty clear to me even through crappy electronic translation

What is to at the rumor concerning a Liaison with Paris Hilton? "nothing at all. We are not a pair. , if one is with someone in the same area with a meeting, such things always arise." Also with Maria Scharapowa, then he does not insure, nothing at all was not. Whether it would not anyway rather look for itself, if it could select itself it an unknown friend? "better a not well-known friend is to be had, because it people no notion of this person have."

He's saying no, not with Paris, you meet someone in the same area and rumors will come. also not with maria, and he says it's better to date someone who isn't well known.

from my understanding of german, the last sentece kind of says "it's better to have a not so well known girlfriend, because people have no idea of this person."
but you probably understood that d:

freundin is girlfriend

yay! haven't forgotten german completely...

kookabura, your name makes me think of the kookaburra song which was stuck in my head yesterday, and is still today heeee

kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
merry merry king of the bush is he
laugh! kookaburra, laugh! kookaburra
gay your life must be!

Deboogle!.
10-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Nattttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kiss:

surfpinky
10-11-2006, 02:44 PM
dddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb :kiss:

Deboogle!.
10-11-2006, 02:45 PM
nattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt :kiss:

surfpinky
10-11-2006, 02:50 PM
dddddddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebbbbbbbbbbbbbb!!!! :kiss:

Deboogle!.
10-11-2006, 02:51 PM
howwwwwwww areeeeeeeeeee youuuuuuuuuuuuuu :smooch:

surfpinky
10-11-2006, 02:54 PM
goooooooooooodddddddddddddd aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddd yyyyyyyyyyyooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuu? :smooch: iiiiiiiiii''mmmmm aaaaaabbbbbbbooooooouuuuuuuttttttttt ttttttttttoooooooooooo llllllllleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeee ffffffffffffooooooooorrrrrrrrrr ccccccccccccccccllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssss sssssssssss.......

Deboogle!.
10-11-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm tired and I have a cold :(

Boo class :ras:

surfpinky
10-11-2006, 03:17 PM
aaaaaawwwwwwwww )))))))):::::::::::::: :hug:

bush just said "peninchula"

Deboogle!.
10-11-2006, 03:20 PM
:hug:

:sobbing:

merce
10-11-2006, 04:20 PM
:haha: :lol:

blosson
10-11-2006, 05:18 PM
what has happened to Andy's match?

Deboogle!.
10-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Ferrero/Melzer are taking FOREVER :zzz:

blosson
10-11-2006, 05:22 PM
I see. Considering this is in doors, it will happen today, right?

Deboogle!.
10-11-2006, 05:27 PM
yeah it's only 7:30pm there right? they can keep going til whenever. there's even a match after, but of course it's 2nd round. Andy really should've been scheduled earlier in the day before 2nd round matches but whatever. Especially since his opponent in the next round has been off the court for several hours :o

blosson
10-11-2006, 05:31 PM
It's 6.30 in London but it should be 7.30 in Vienna. Oh well, it's Andy's fault for arriving late in the first place. It looks like Ludjubic is in his 3rd round now.

tennis lover
10-11-2006, 05:32 PM
hurry up jc! :bounce:

Deboogle!.
10-11-2006, 05:33 PM
It's 6.30 in London but it should be 7.30 in Vienna. Oh well, it's Andy's fault for arriving late in the first place. It looks like Ludjubic is in his 3rd round now.Yeah, it's 7:30 there. Well, it's Andy's fault for asking for a Wed start but I doubt it's Andy's fault for being scheduled so late in the day after 2nd round matches had been completed and I'm sure he wouldn't want to play like 8 hours or more after his next round opponent has been off court....:shrug:

blosson
10-11-2006, 05:36 PM
hurry up jc! :bounce:

are they showing this match in the UK?

tennis lover
10-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Yeah, it's 7:30 there. Well, it's Andy's fault for asking for a Wed start but I doubt it's Andy's fault for being scheduled so late in the day after 2nd round matches had been completed :shrug:
I guess the tournament directors want him to have a night match. :shrug: not that that makes it ok, they shouldn't really put him on at night today just for the sake of tv or whatever if it's going to affect him adversely.

Deboogle!.
10-11-2006, 05:37 PM
well that ended in a hurry. andy will be up in 15 min or so.

Jo, tourney directors have a long history of doing whatever they want and to hell with what's good for the players :lol:

tennis lover
10-11-2006, 05:40 PM
are they showing this match in the UK?
i don't know, I don't have any sports channels! :sobbing: I was just looking at the scoreboard. Eurosport had some tennis on earlier, i'm not sure which tournament it was though and it might've just been highlights or something. There might be a livestream, i'm going to go and check in GM now. :)

JC lost :sad: silly boy!

tennis lover
10-11-2006, 05:41 PM
well that ended in a hurry. andy will be up in 15 min or so.

Jo, tourney directors have a long history of doing whatever they want and to hell with what's good for the players :lol:
yeah, I know! it's probably half Andy's fault as well, maybe they'd planned for him to play yesterday night or something? oh well, it doesn't matter now, let's just hope he goes out there and kicks ass in a hurry! )

blosson
10-11-2006, 05:41 PM
They probably don't want their "popstar guest" to lose in the first round, right?

Deboogle!.
10-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Yeah Jo, probably before they learned andy wanted a wednesday start they'd have had him play Tuesday nightThey probably don't want their "popstar guest" to lose in the first round, right?The way they're treating him and pushing him on the site and even in the local Austrian papers, they want him around as long as humanly possible :unsure: :lol:

tennis lover
10-11-2006, 05:46 PM
The way they're treating him and pushing him on the site and even in the local Austrian papers, they want him around as long as humanly possible :unsure: :lol:
i found it funny when an article said that Andy's practice was the highlight of the day or something! :lol: bless all of the players who actually played a match that day! Vienna loves Andy! ;)

tennis lover
10-11-2006, 05:47 PM
no live stream until tomorrow. :( but then maybe I will get to see Andy-Richie. although I'm not sure that is a good thing! :scared:

Bloodletting
10-11-2006, 05:57 PM
no live stream until tomorrow. :( but then maybe I will get to see Andy-Richie. although I'm not sure that is a good thing! :scared:

If you create yourself an user in bwin.com and look for the livebetting matches, there is a video stream...

kristanmichelle
10-11-2006, 06:00 PM
he is up a break 2-0 and serving

tennis lover
10-11-2006, 06:02 PM
If you create yourself an user in bwin.com and look for the livebetting matches, there is a video stream...
thanks. :) is it good quality?
good start Andy. :dance: Deb, do you have coverage?

Deboogle!.
10-11-2006, 06:04 PM
No coverage in the US

He must've hit 4 aces in a row from 0-30 in that game |:!

tennis lover
10-11-2006, 06:06 PM
|:

knight_ley
10-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Dear Andy,
I like your score so far.
Thanks.
Mary.

tennis lover
10-11-2006, 06:09 PM
:lol: Mary :hug: nice letter! :yeah:

Deboogle!.
10-11-2006, 06:09 PM
mary when do you go to Bahston?

tennis lover
10-11-2006, 06:11 PM
I can smell a bagel, it's making me hungry! ;)

knight_ley
10-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Deb, check the chat thread ;) :lol: I just wrote about it in there and didn't even see this! :lol:

I HAVEN'T HAD BREAKFAST YET! perhaps andy will feed me. :toothy: :devil:

Deboogle!.
10-11-2006, 06:14 PM
omg on the live ticker on the tourney site, the electronic translator translates the german word "ace" to "ass" or "asse" :sobbing:

Whoa, Acasuso must be playing really badly |:

LOL Mary, ok! *goes*