Format Changes To PTS [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Format Changes To PTS

silverwhite
09-11-2006, 09:24 AM
How should the PTS format be changed to make the game more exciting?

1. League table in first few rounds + knockout from QFs onwards (i.e. Top 8 after first few rounds proceed to the QFs)
2. Make cuts after every round like in golf (i.e. Top 32 proceed to the R32, Top 16 proceed to the R16, Top 8 proceed to the QFs, etc.)
3. It should not be changed
4. Other (Post your suggestions)

Vote! :p

Ria
09-11-2006, 09:38 AM
Another suggestion is that the manager draws randomly the matches (especially in the first few rounds) and everyone has to predict those..predicitions are sent through PM.

I think it will work with the current format and also with the league table in the earlier rounds and knockout from QF's onwards

silverwhite
09-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Another suggestion is that the manager draws randomly the matches (especially in the first few rounds) and everyone has to predict those..predicitions are sent through PM.

I think it will work with the current format and also with the league table in the earlier rounds and knockout from QF's onwards

Not sure I agree. Part of the fun and what differentiates players is the ability to choose the right matches, in my opinion. :scratch:

The PM suggestion is feasible from the QFs on if we use the knockout format but if we use it throughout a tournament, I'm afraid the tournament threads will be a bit too empty. Sometimes, it's fun when we :eek: or :haha: at each other's predictions (like Youzhny def Nadal 6-0 6-0 6-0 :rolls: ).

Just my 2 cents. :p

keqtqiadv
09-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Not sure I agree. Part of the fun and what differentiates players is the ability to choose the right matches, in my opinion. :scratch:

The PM suggestion is feasible from the QFs on if we use the knockout format but if we use it throughout a tournament, I'm afraid the tournament threads will be a bit too empty. Sometimes, it's fun when we :eek: or :haha: at each other's predictions (like Youzhny def Nadal 6-0 6-0 6-0 :rolls: ).

Just my 2 cents. :p
Don't know what's so funny :p

silverwhite
09-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Don't know what's so funny :p

You don't? :ras:

silverwhite
09-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Looks like the majority is in favour of keeping the current format :lol:

adee-gee
09-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Bleh I voted leave it as it is...I just think it could get too similar to TT if we change it. I kind of toyed with the golf cut idea, but actually I like the way you can power through the field late on with some good, surprising picks :)

silverwhite
09-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Looks like no changes will be made. :p

ExcaliburII
11-11-2006, 01:22 AM
change it to golf format, it will be much more exciting

virex
11-11-2006, 11:42 AM
i like the gold idea

silverwhite
11-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Looks like we'll have to reopen discussions during the off-season

virex
12-14-2006, 12:51 PM
so where are we standing?
and who´s running our beloved game in 2007?