Maximum Number of Threads [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Maximum Number of Threads

Lee
09-09-2006, 09:34 PM
May be we need a maxium number of threads a poster can start in 24 hours period like the rep.

I really can't see why any single poster need to start over 20 threads in a short period of time.

09-10-2006, 02:09 AM
May be we need a maxium number of threads a poster can start in 24 hours period like the rep.

I really can't see why any single poster need to start over 20 threads in a short period of time.
Lee I'm sorry to say I think the Admin. decision not to pay vCash for posts has encouraged this situation. If they aren't going to pay for posts, maybe they shouldn't pay for starting threads either?

bad gambler
09-10-2006, 02:58 AM
Lee I'm sorry to say I think the Admin. decision not to pay vCash for posts has encouraged this situation. If they aren't going to pay for posts, maybe they shouldn't pay for starting threads either?

:confused:

Deboogle!.
09-10-2006, 05:20 AM
Lee I'm sorry to say I think the Admin. decision not to pay vCash for posts has encouraged this situation. If they aren't going to pay for posts, maybe they shouldn't pay for starting threads either?What??????????

Anyway, I think that's a good idea. Or maybe not in a day, but in a period of time like an hour or something. No more than 10 threads an hour or something should be enough for most :lol:

09-10-2006, 05:45 AM
:confused:
Starting threads is one of the few ways you can now earn vCash. So if people are wanting to build up their vCash that is a way to do it. So I think there are some posters who are starting threads more as a way to earn vCash than to contribute a needed thread.

Deboogle!.
09-10-2006, 05:59 AM
Starting threads is one of the few ways you can now earn vCash. So if people are wanting to build up their vCash that is a way to do it. So I think there are some posters who are starting threads more as a way to earn vCash than to contribute a needed thread.Lee's suggestion has nothing to do with vcash. It has to do with people starting a lot of threads to cause trouble here. Not everything is about vcash :lol:

bad gambler
09-10-2006, 06:02 AM
Starting threads is one of the few ways you can now earn vCash. So if people are wanting to build up their vCash that is a way to do it. So I think there are some posters who are starting threads more as a way to earn vCash than to contribute a needed thread.

Well most of the culprits who are starting a ridiculous number of threads have been members for only a few months. I can assure you v-cash is not something they have at the forefront of their minds.

09-10-2006, 07:05 AM
Well most of the culprits who are starting a ridiculous number of threads have been members for only a few months. I can assure you v-cash is not something they have at the forefront of their minds.
I would think the new members would be the perfect group to want vCash. I know I wanted mine to build up. Of course, if you are talking about a group that just wants to make trouble then that is an entirely different issue.

Deboogle!.
09-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Of course, if you are talking about a group that just wants to make trouble then that is an entirely different issue.Yes, that is what is being discussed here.

RickDaStick
09-10-2006, 05:15 PM
What??????????

Anyway, I think that's a good idea. Or maybe not in a day, but in a period of time like an hour or something. No more than 10 threads an hour or something should be enough for most :lol:

10 threads an hour? So thats saying if someone started 240 threads in a day that would be okay?

Deboogle!.
09-10-2006, 06:21 PM
10 threads an hour? So thats saying if someone started 240 threads in a day that would be okay?No, but if you've noticed some of the flooding that's been going on, people will start a lot of threads at once in a very short period of time.

I was just throwing a different suggestion out there if people felt 20 a day limit was too restrictive for some reason.

Personally I think an over-strict and over-moderated board is fine by me and 10 threads a day is more than enough, but I know others won't agree :)

surfpinky
09-11-2006, 04:58 AM

:yeah:!

surfpinky
09-11-2006, 04:59 AM
am&a says hi

Bagelicious
09-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Excellent suggestion, I think 3 threads an hour would be a great limit. Most people seem to contribute to old threads anyway, and I don't see any reason a single poster would want to start more than that in only an hour.

Lee
09-13-2006, 01:43 AM
Excellent suggestion, I think 3 threads an hour would be a great limit. Most people seem to contribute to old threads anyway, and I don't see any reason a single poster would want to start more than that in only an hour.

It's possible that some posters would start more than 3 threads in an hour. Especially in tournament threads and challengers etc. You have main draw for singles and doubles in like 2 to 3 tournaments. You will have 4-6 threads already.

09-13-2006, 04:06 AM
It's possible that some posters would start more than 3 threads in an hour. Especially in tournament threads and challengers etc. You have main draw for singles and doubles in like 2 to 3 tournaments. You will have 4-6 threads already.
I'm sticking to my idea that at least some of this new thread starting is to get vCash. We weren't having this much trouble with new threads when we were getting paid for posts. And if there are certain members that seem to be starting a lot of new threads, why isn't something being said or done to them?

Deboogle!.
09-13-2006, 05:26 PM
I'm sticking to my idea that at least some of this new thread starting is to get vCash. We weren't having this much trouble with new threads when we were getting paid for posts.This is counterintuitive and makes no sense. If vcash was a motivation, then the thread floodding problems would've started when vcash was given for threads. It's not anymore, therefore I don't see how there could POSSIBLY be a correlation between what happened and vcash. Stick to whatever idea you want, but this has nothing to do with vcash. I know it may be hard for you to believe, but a lot of people here at MTF could not care less about vcash. And if there are certain members that seem to be starting a lot of new threads, why isn't something being said or done to them?The threads were deleted and I imagine that the person/people who did it were banned. Lee was, I think anyway, trying to help AVOID this happening again.

Mae, do you even know what happened that caused Lee to make this thoughtful suggestion?

09-15-2006, 08:36 PM
Yes I know why Lee started this thread. What I didn't know is that threads were no longer paid for. The last threads I did I was paid for them. Also thank you so much for answering my question that someone did do something about this situation. Trust me I can refer you to posts that prove posters other than myself are interested in vCash.

Deboogle!.
09-15-2006, 09:53 PM
OK fine, then start a thread about vcash. This thread is for the problem of people flooding the board with too many threads at once.

09-16-2006, 04:44 AM
OK fine, then start a thread about vcash. This thread is for the problem of people flooding the board with too many threads at once.
Deb you still don't get it. We are still getting paid for starting threads so people are starting threads. If it were true that we weren't getting paid for starting threads, my theory about vCash wouldn't hold up at all. And I would shut up about it. Right now there is no vBetting, but posters know vBetting is coming back. And they want vCash to vBet with so how can they get vCash? Right now there are only two ways to get vCash and that is by starting new threads and to blog. And it is IMO a lot easier to start new threads than it is to blog.

Deboogle!.
09-16-2006, 04:47 AM
I get it. You don't get it. This thread, and this problem at MTF, have NOTHING to do with vcash. It's all you talk about. It's not relevant in this thread. I don't know why you keep bringing it up in this thread.

09-16-2006, 05:02 AM
I get it. You don't get it. This thread, and this problem at MTF, have NOTHING to do with vcash. It's all you talk about. It's not relevant in this thread. I don't know why you keep bringing it up in this thread.
Deb there is a thread in another section of this area of MTF that talks about "Dollars disappearing". Read it! It is about a poster starting threads and vCash--and it is exactly what I am posting about. The connection between starting threads and getting vCash.

Scotso
09-16-2006, 05:10 AM

It isn't your thread. You did not start the thread. You do not have the right to tell people what they may and may not post in this thread.

Deboogle!.
09-16-2006, 05:17 AM
Deb there is a thread in another section of this area of MTF that talks about "Dollars disappearing". Read it! It is about a poster starting threads and vCash--and it is exactly what I am posting about. The connection between starting threads and getting vCash.Ok, then talk about it there. This thread is about people who are flooding the forum with stupid threads to get attention. So I don't see the relevance of talking about vcash here. But, ok.

savesthedizzle
09-16-2006, 05:28 AM
Ok, then talk about it there. This thread is about people who are flooding the forum with stupid threads to get attention. So I don't see the relevance of talking about vcash here. But, ok.

I do.

Often, people start these stupid threads to get vCash. That's all Mae is trying to say. I understand her for once actually.

That is why often the first response to a dumb thread is, "You must really be desperate for vCash" or something along those lines. People start pointless threads to earn that silly stuff. It may not be something you care much about, but it IS motivation for some of these people.

Now some people still start stupid threads even if they don't care about vCash, which is more what this thread is about, but to dismiss what Mae is saying completely, I don't think is fair. It is a part of it, and it is motivation for some people :shrug:

punctuated.
09-16-2006, 05:33 AM
Deb you still don't get it. We are still getting paid for starting threads so people are starting threads. If it were true that we weren't getting paid for starting threads, my theory about vCash wouldn't hold up at all. And I would shut up about it. Right now there is no vBetting, but posters know vBetting is coming back. And they want vCash to vBet with so how can they get vCash? Right now there are only two ways to get vCash and that is by starting new threads and to blog. And it is IMO a lot easier to start new threads than it is to blog.have you ever considered getting a life?

09-16-2006, 05:36 AM
It isn't your thread. You did not start the thread. You do not have the right to tell people what they may and may not post in this thread.
Thanks you Scott :D

09-16-2006, 05:43 AM
I do.

Often, people start these stupid threads to get vCash. That's all Mae is trying to say. I understand her for once actually.

That is why often the first response to a dumb thread is, "You must really be desperate for vCash" or something along those lines. People start pointless threads to earn that silly stuff. It may not be something you care much about, but it IS motivation for some of these people.

Now some people still start stupid threads even if they don't care about vCash, which is more what this thread is about, but to dismiss what Mae is saying completely, I don't think is fair. It is a part of it, and it is motivation for some people :shrug:
Thank you :D Maybe if I had added the last part of your post and said I know there are posters who start stupid threads without any interest in vCash. My explanation would have been much clearer and easier for people to understand. And since there is no Smilie with a "white flag" I will use :tape: :ignore: