Tommy's remaining Events??? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tommy's remaining Events???

supertommyhaas
09-09-2006, 12:00 AM
Would someone please be kind enough to tell me what tournies he will play in for the rest of the year??? If he does well in Madrid and Paris he will probably end the year in the top 10 and play in shanghai!!!!! Which would be a great effort!!! Well done Tommy on your US Open you proved me wrong with your fighting spirit, Unlucky against Davydenko but I feel the rain cost you having to back up to many days in a row!

Björki
09-09-2006, 08:54 AM
I guess Vienna, Madrid and Paris for sure.

09-10-2006, 05:15 AM
I don't know how up to date Tommy's website is right now? But you may be able to find some information there :unsure: He is definitely in Vienna because I already have the thread posted for that Tournament. And I'm sure he will be playing in Germany's DC Playoffs. There is also a thread here for that.

tom&ni
09-11-2006, 02:49 PM
He's not playing in Bucharest or Bangkok? :confused:

09-12-2006, 04:21 AM
He's not playing in Bucharest or Bangkok? :confused:
No because he has the Davis Cup Tie Playoff to play the last of this month to try to get Germany back in the World Group after they got defeated by France earlier in the year.

Alexiana
09-12-2006, 08:05 AM
He never played these tournaments, so its not so irregular. Go Tommy in DC!!!

TommyB.
09-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Maybe he's playing Basel (Oct. 23-29), but no official informations so far.

09-12-2006, 05:54 PM
Maybe he's playing Basel (Oct. 23-29), but no official informations so far.
I'm posting the threads of Tournaments that Tommy is supposed to be in a little earlier so posters can watch the thread titles. And that will help them know where Tommy will be.

tom&ni
09-12-2006, 07:19 PM
He never played these tournaments, so its not so irregular. Go Tommy in DC!!!

He played the Thailand Open in Bangkok last year, didn't he? :confused: And then he missed Tokyo because he was feeling tired or something like that...
And... yes, sorry! I meant Beijing, not Bucharest! :lol:

TommyB.
09-12-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm posting the threads of Tournaments that Tommy is supposed to be in a little earlier so posters can watch the thread titles. And that will help them know where Tommy will be.

All right! ;)

But it seems he's not going to Basel, I saw his name in the entry list of St Petersburg (Oct. 23-29). :)

TommyB.
09-12-2006, 10:01 PM
He played the Thailand Open in Bangkok last year, didn't he? :confused: And then he missed Tokyo because he was feeling tired or something like that...
And... yes, sorry! I meant Beijing, not Bucharest! :lol:

Yes he played Bangkok last year (he lost against Wang :rolleyes: ), but it was a mistake after a tough DC weekend against Czech Republic.

09-12-2006, 10:55 PM
All right! ;)

But it seems he's not going to Basel, I saw his name in the entry list of St Petersburg (Oct. 23-29). :)
Good information :D I'm torn between putting up Tournaments threads to let people know where Tommy will be and the thought that we don't want to have too many Tournaments Threads up ahead of time :confused:

Alexiana
09-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Yes he played Bangkok last year (he lost against Wang :rolleyes: ), but it was a mistake after a tough DC weekend against Czech Republic.

waaaah that was the Wang game??? I try to forget that :rolleyes:

09-13-2006, 11:21 PM
waaaah that was the Wang game??? I try to forget that :rolleyes:
You know sometimes I think we expect too much out of Tommy now. He tried so hard in that U.S. Open. Yes he yelled, but there was no lack of concentration or effort on his part at all. The rain just messed things up for him. Tommy can't win all the time. It would be nice, but it just isn't going to happen :rolleyes:

Alexiana
09-14-2006, 09:48 AM
You know sometimes I think we expect too much out of Tommy now. He tried so hard in that U.S. Open. Yes he yelled, but there was no lack of concentration or effort on his part at all. The rain just messed things up for him. Tommy can't win all the time. It would be nice, but it just isn't going to happen :rolleyes:

I wasn't mad or disappointed after the US Open. He tried his best.

The game against Wang just totally cracked me up last year, although he was extremely tired from DC.

09-14-2006, 07:01 PM
I wasn't mad or disappointed after the US Open. He tried his best.

The game against Wang just totally cracked me up last year, although he was extremely tired from DC.
I have noticed that from one of the American tennis players. He plays DC and then the next Tournament he plays he doesn't do well at all. I don't know with him if it is being tired or if he somehow just can't make the change from the Davis Cup to a regular Tournament fast enough :shrug: