SNOOKER [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

SNOOKER

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Iza
02-10-2004, 01:21 PM
i was just wonderin if there's anyone here who watches snooker? i do, and my fave snooker players are paul hunter and ronnie o'sullivan :hearts:

Crazy_Fool
02-10-2004, 04:32 PM
Cant say i watch it alot but did the other night. Boy, that was some final, but what is the deal with both players hair?!!

Aurora
02-11-2004, 08:58 AM
I do I do I do!!! great final indeed, the end was truly nerve-racking and wow, those players were really close to perfection!
my faves are Ronnie O'Sullivan and Matthew Stevens, and also Hendry, Hunter and White.

Snoopy_Girl
02-11-2004, 09:46 AM
I saw the final too! (I actually saw some more matches from this tournament, but I don't usually watch it a lot, I tend to miss out on most of it). Paul Hunter was so far behind and still managed to win, awesome! :worship: The two in the final are definitely my two faves... But Paul Hunters hair, I don't know what's up with that. It isn't his best hairdo ever :( :o .

Iza
02-21-2004, 08:03 PM
paul's hair is yucky lately but ronnie's hair is so beasutiful! just like him :inlove:

Leo
02-21-2004, 09:22 PM
We don't get snooker coverage here, but I do watch women's 9-Ball and men's Trick Shot Magic on ESPN occassionally.

Oh, Iza I love that last lyric in your sig from Coldplay. I almost put that in my own sig a while back.

Iza
02-24-2004, 12:37 PM
We don't get snooker coverage here, but I do watch women's 9-Ball and men's Trick Shot Magic on ESPN occassionally.

Oh, Iza I love that last lyric in your sig from Coldplay. I almost put that in my own sig a while back.

i thought it was too brilliant to ignore it!

Aurora
02-27-2004, 11:56 PM
paul's hair is yucky lately but ronnie's hair is so beasutiful! just like him :inlove:

Agreed! I'm not a fan of longer hair (hell I even think Marat's too long at the moment), but his I can dig. Now, cause at first I thought 'jeeez you girlie). I guess it has erm... grown on me.

oasis04
02-28-2004, 07:11 AM
I do, ken docherty is so pale he looks like a ghost.

Iza
03-02-2004, 12:59 PM
Agreed! I'm not a fan of longer hair (hell I even think Marat's too long at the moment), but his I can dig. Now, cause at first I thought 'jeeez you girlie). I guess it has erm... grown on me.

marat's hair 2 long? man, ya really like short hair!
i prefer guys with long hair just like ronnie's, i don't really care if he's blonde or dark.

armaniman
03-02-2004, 05:39 PM
ronnie is cool, steve davis is boring despite what anyone says

Lady
03-02-2004, 05:45 PM
I love snooker!! :)

My favourites list:

1. Paul Hunter
2. Matthew Stevens
3. Alister Carter / Steven Hendry
5. John Higgins
6. Ronnie O'Sullivan

Not bad ;)

armaniman
03-02-2004, 06:20 PM
Matthew Stevens is a great player and hes been so unlucky not to win the world championship but I am sure he will, he's got loads of time on his side

Iza
03-26-2004, 12:47 PM
Yeeaaay, the Irish Masters started recently! Unfortunately for Paul Hunter's fans, he lost! :sad: But I have to say I'm quite happy cos R :hearts: nnie :hearts: 'Sullivan is still in!

bobblehat
03-26-2004, 01:43 PM
Yes some surprise results at the irish masters this week with Williams and Hendry getting knocked out too, Hendry says he is "bored" with snooker at the moment, not good frame of mind to be in with world championships next month.

bovenbuuf
04-01-2004, 06:43 PM
btw, talking of haircuts, did you see Hann.. and then saying that Paul had something bad...

Iza
04-10-2004, 09:20 PM
world championships strating next week! go ronnie!!!!

bovenbuuf
04-11-2004, 09:38 AM
well Hann is already out in the players championships ( former Scottish open)..but I think he can beat Hicks(60) at the Embassy..

Iza
04-12-2004, 07:33 PM
did any of you see hunter vs. white in the glasgow final?
it was amazing! i found it so funny when white's dad came in during the awards presentation and hugged and kissed both his son and paul and started tapping paul on the head and ruined his beloved hairdo :haha:

bovenbuuf
04-13-2004, 06:54 PM
yes Iza i saw it, it was really funny. guess Paul doesn't like it when people are messing up with his hair.. btw the match wasn't that great, Paul played so much better against Ken adn Ronnie..

Iza
04-15-2004, 07:46 PM
i agree about the quality of the match. the end was alright (actually MAD) but paul totally outclassed Ronnie and Doherty in the previous matches. i guess he ran out of gas. y'know what i don't understand? why did ronnie get 50000 pounds because white won??????

Aurora
04-15-2004, 07:57 PM
I'm a bit out of snooker (dependent on BBC and Belgian media hardly pays attention), can anyone put me up to date? who's hot and who's not? new names? old glories in form?

Conan the Librarian
04-15-2004, 08:25 PM
Conan joins Iza in cheering for Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Aurora
04-15-2004, 09:06 PM
The Rocket rules indeed!

bovenbuuf
04-16-2004, 08:28 AM
y'know what i don't understand? why did ronnie get 50000 pounds because white won??????

Well this year LG started to sponser the snooker, and they wanted to do something new, an overall classification, LG called it the Order of Merit, there where 7 tournaments( LG cup ( won by Williams,) British open ( won by Hendry,) UK Championship( won by Stevens,) Welsh Open( won by Ronnie,) European Open( won by Maguire,) Irish Masters( won by Ebdon,) and last one was Players tournament ( before known as the Scottish open, won by White. Btw at PlayersChampionship players could win double points)

It was Ronnie who won the Order of Merit, that is why he got the 50.000 pounds.

You know it was not certain that Ronnie would win the Order of Merit, if Paul would have won the match and win the Players title he would have won the Order of Merit!

Iza
04-16-2004, 08:32 AM
Conan joins Iza in cheering for Ronnie O'Sullivan.

:banana:

bovenbuuf
04-16-2004, 08:34 AM
btw, Eurosport signed a contract with Worldsnooker Federation, it will be broadcast all tournaments for the next 3 years

lieve
04-16-2004, 04:46 PM
I also like to watch snooker :)

bovenbuuf
04-19-2004, 09:05 AM
Hi, did anyone see the match Hann v. Hicks, what a temper had Quinten today, really a lot of bad language..glad that I didn't see him outside...

Kristen
04-19-2004, 10:18 AM
lol...yeah I saw it on the news :O ordinarily I dont really like/understand snooker... but it amused me. So much attitude!

Aurora
04-19-2004, 09:32 PM
testosteron... :rolleyes:

Conan the Librarian
04-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Fellow snooker fans - who is the player you love to hate?

Conan's are Hendry and Ebdon.

Aurora
04-20-2004, 09:24 AM
Love to hate? I would say Williams, but he bores me to sleep before I can get to any loving/hating. I do enjoy Peter Ebdon losing, and to some extent John Higgins too although sometimes I want Higgings to win, I've very mixed feelings towards him.

Conan the Librarian
04-20-2004, 07:13 PM
Conan is neutral to both Williams and Higgins.

Sad to see Jimmy White fall at the first hurdle.

bovenbuuf
04-21-2004, 06:58 AM
yes it was sad that Jimmy lost so soon, after his victorie last week..For me its Hendry.. but I agree with swirling.. Williams makes me sleep.. but guess that he won't have much sleep with his new son.

Aurora
04-21-2004, 08:08 AM
lol, hope he gets affected by that soon enough!

really really too bad we ain't got Jimmy no more, the Crucible definitely loses some excitement if he is gone...

denim
04-21-2004, 08:33 AM
As long as Williams doesnt defend the trophy, I enjoy the tournament.

The Quinten Hann v Andy Hicks match was a colourfull end, I cant stand Quinten Hann and his attitude, I would have poked him in the face with my cue extension if he spoke to me like that lol

I want Hendry to win title but have feeling its not going to happen.

Conan the Librarian
04-21-2004, 09:56 PM
Conan is relieved to see Ronnie through, despite some typically bizarre Ronnie behaviour.

mattf
04-22-2004, 11:42 AM
Steve Davis doing ok against Hamilton, 4-5 behind, good to see the old guys doing well, I would die of shock if Parrott beat Paul Hunter.

Aurora
04-22-2004, 11:44 AM
I like the Ronnie-behaviour, but I have a sneaking suspicion he wasn't not in a care to win/fight for every point kinda mood. I do hope he's gonna get into that...

Conan the Librarian
04-23-2004, 05:53 PM
Ronnie in a tough battle with Hicks. Conan hopes he pulls through.

swirlingblacklilly,

you must be delighted with the way Williams is playing.

bovenbuuf
04-23-2004, 05:57 PM
yes I hope Ronnie can make it, it is very entertaining.

ANd Conan not only swirlingblacklilly is delighted with the way Williams is playing! If Perry beats Williams Ronnie still has a change to be the worldnumber 1 again.. Ronnie must than reach the Finals

Conan the Librarian
04-23-2004, 06:50 PM
humble apologies, bovenbuuf. Conan has just seen your comments on Williams.

bovenbuuf
04-23-2004, 08:37 PM
Oh its Ok Conan, so Ronnie is now in the QF, tough match 13-11, didn't thought that Hicks would play that well..

bobblehat
04-23-2004, 11:52 PM
Mark Williams is 6-10 down overnight, i really hope Joe Perry can see it through, he plays some great stuff on Friday.

Aurora
04-24-2004, 10:00 AM
Yay, close one for Ronnie indeed! Damn, I'm glad that Hicks dropped it a bit at the end, 'cause nerves were getting to me big time.
GOOOOO Joe Perry! I have hardly watched that game 'cause prefer sitting in the sun waaaaay better, so is Perry playing real good, the Big Bore real bad or something inbetween?

denim
04-24-2004, 11:37 AM
Joe Perry is one frame from knocking Williams out !!! Go my son !! you can do it !!!

denim
04-24-2004, 11:45 AM
and hes done it !!! yeeeesss out goes mark williams.

The crucible hoodo continues, no champion has defended their title the following year

lieve
04-24-2004, 12:27 PM
Does anyone know what's the score by Hunter - Stevens?

mattf
04-24-2004, 12:28 PM
Hunter leads 10-6

lieve
04-24-2004, 12:29 PM
tnx :)

denim
04-24-2004, 02:09 PM
its 10-8 now to hunter and I have just put a small bet on stevens to win...i got odds of 10/3

Iza
04-24-2004, 07:30 PM
my oh my what a crazy championship!!!! williams is out :devil: so is hunter => ronnie has the chance 2 be no.1 !!! higgins is playing badly so he won't be too tough. let's say hendry will be harder but I hope Rocket wins. :rocker2: :banana: BTW, the commentators on Eurosport said that the rumors concerning Ronnie's religion were all crap cos he denied being islamist. :confused: whatever, i don't really care about it.
Hunter's match was insane. I had a strange feeling that Stevens would win and i was practically cheering for him :umbrella: And he won :smoke:

Aurora
04-24-2004, 07:37 PM
:bounce: Big Bore is out! Some cool nerves from Joe Perry :bowdown:

I'm very happy Matthew is through and battled greatly, although Hunter wasn't that good today. Nerve-racking ending, cool!

Rumours of Ronnie being a muslim? :haha: gotta love British gossip!

Iza
04-24-2004, 07:52 PM
Rumours of Ronnie being a muslim? :haha: gotta love British gossip!

that's exactly my opinion about it ! it's just some big pile of ridiculous shit :o

Conan the Librarian
04-24-2004, 08:11 PM
Conan is very surprised to hear that Hunter lost.

Conan will add him to a list of players he likes to see lose. The silly Beckham wannabe, always going on about the time he had sex at a mid session interval and it helped him win.

Iza
04-24-2004, 08:18 PM
Conan is very surprised to hear that Hunter lost.

Conan will add him to a list of players he likes to see lose. The silly Beckham wannabe, always going on about the time he had sex at a mid session interval and it helped him win.

pathetic

Bilbo
04-24-2004, 08:22 PM
you got to be shitting me. wtf hunter :confused:

Conan the Librarian
04-24-2004, 08:29 PM
Conan is serious. It is very rare to see a publicity shot of Hunter without his girlfriend draped all over him, and it is nearly always mentioned.

Maybe Denim will be able to back Conan up.

Frooty_Bazooty
04-24-2004, 10:10 PM
Hamilton just beat Swail to set up a quarter final match with the Rocket

Cmon Anthony, do it for all the homos!!! ;)

JuanChuffy007
04-25-2004, 12:56 PM
I actually never watch snooker, but yesterday I saw that match, Hunter against Stevens. Great match!

Conan the Librarian
04-25-2004, 11:19 PM
Hendry at 8-8 with some guy Conan has never heard of. It would be sweet if Hendry lost early too.

denim
04-26-2004, 01:44 AM
I been watching that match too Conan....Hendry is playing so patchy but pinches is playing some good stuff.

For people who dont like snooker I think they can surely appreciate the nerves of these guys, Stevens came back from seemingly impossible position to beat Hunter and they seem to have that belief untill they cant mathematically win and do the business under pressure....same with tennis with tie breaks and saving matchpoints so anyone who thinks guys earn too much money needs to take a raincheck....denim appreciates that to be top ten in the world of your profession is a remarkable achievement.

denim
04-26-2004, 01:50 AM
and that soapbox speech was prompted by some idiot in pub yesterday evening I heard at bar saying "what a load of crap snooker is....two geezers knocking balls around with a stick and they get paid for it"

I though hmmmmm yeah try practising 8 hours a day mate tilly ou are sick of the sight of a green cloth !!! finding a sponsor and tryign to break into the top 100.

I dont claim to be worlds expert but i had guy few years back at my snooker club who kocked in 80 breaks regually and couldnt even get anyway on amatuer circuit so the likes of o'sullivan are just unreal and from a different planet.

Frooty_Bazooty
04-26-2004, 07:23 AM
i hope Pinches beats Hendry cos hes been a pro for 13 years and this is only his second time at the crucible :eek: and Hendry has already has his day in the sun 7 times

Aurora
04-26-2004, 08:58 AM
Pinches playes pretty fantastic yesterday, but if Hendry gets a gear higher he might run away from him. Hope it'll be a good one though!

Does anyone else that Gray-guy has something weird in his eyes? Something obsessive and pathetic at the same time, I'm scared but can't look away...

mattf
04-26-2004, 10:07 AM
lmao that David Gray, his eyes have always spooked me, I thought I was only one.

Frooty_Bazooty
04-26-2004, 03:50 PM
David GRay is REALLY creepy. you just know that he hides down dark alley ways, waiting to poke people with his snooker cue

lieve
04-26-2004, 06:35 PM
Who won: Pinches or Hendry?

Frooty_Bazooty
04-26-2004, 06:57 PM
dunno yet, eastenders is on :sad:

Conan the Librarian
04-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Hendry 13-12

Conan weeps

Aurora
04-27-2004, 09:12 AM
:haha: poke poke :haha:

oh poor Conan is sad, let's all pray for Ian McCulloch to play greatly once again!

denim
04-27-2004, 10:31 AM
Conan is serious. It is very rare to see a publicity shot of Hunter without his girlfriend draped all over him, and it is nearly always mentioned.

Maybe Denim will be able to back Conan up.

That is so very true Conan, whenever they do features of him....hes always got girlfriend on his arm and is put over in like a posh & becks wannabes way.

They mention her sometimes in commentary during matches and about 3 years ago John Virgo was going on and on about him being a pin up and every ladies dream.... i nearly puked, and he thinks hes a stud too hes always grinning with sponsorship bimbos or having shots done in open top sports cars with his hair blowing in the wind.

denim
04-27-2004, 10:35 AM
John Higgins out....not a big surprise after the poor season he has had and leaves Hendry and O'Sullivan as main contenders, if there was ever to be a surprise winner then this is the year.

Iza
04-27-2004, 01:19 PM
WOWOWWW!!! :yippee: Ronnie- Hamilton 7-1!!!!!! Amazing!! Ronnie's playing very well and if he continues on like that he's in the semis. I was so sorry for Pinches yesterday :sad: He had played so well..if only he had hit that black ball :mad: Ya know what's funny here? We all (most of us) dislike the Big Bore, Hunter and all those, we all wish that Hendry goes out and Higgins is now out so it's time to :aparty: but we all somehow cheer for Ronnie :D . That's good, really good!!!
And about Hunter's fiancee: i think she's as ugly as hell :tape: (btw, we should expect him to shave his head cos Beckham did and as he's a copycat he sould do it too :p )

Iza
04-27-2004, 01:23 PM
man, i was harsh in the previous post! :devil: :toothy:

denim
04-27-2004, 01:44 PM
No I think you were pretty accurate lol
-------------------------------------

O'Sullivan is giving sleepy Hamilton a hiding, Antony Hamiltons hair never changes, it looks like he has just woken up lol, its like a hedge...i reckon his hairdresser has to check it for empty beercans lmao

Sparkz
04-27-2004, 06:15 PM
Ronnie is now 8-1 up on Hamilton, I am watching, he was playing with left hand last frame and now using his right again the man is a genius.

Frooty_Bazooty
04-27-2004, 06:27 PM
Hamilton is back to 8-2 and could get back to 8-3 now,cmon Hammy!!!

Frooty_Bazooty
04-27-2004, 06:28 PM
nope, Ham missed the red and left if open, could be 9-2 now :unsure:

HybridTheory
04-27-2004, 07:36 PM
I looove snooker, my faves are Kenny Doherty, I think he's sweet, really, and Ronnie O' Sullivan, and hes going to win this game I hope:D

Sparkz
04-27-2004, 08:02 PM
13-3 victory for o'sullivan, what a performance !! :clap2:

Frooty_Bazooty
04-27-2004, 10:36 PM
:ras: Hamilton wasnt even trying in the last 2 games. He reluctantly won the second last game and then it looked like he purposely lost the last one, he went for all these ridiculously hard shots that he normally wouldnt have :rolleyes: i lost loads of respect for him tonight

but well done ronnie, you long haired wonder :bigclap:

Conan the Librarian
04-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Conan weeps. Conan missed seeing Ronnie play tonight. Steven bloody Hendry is on the highlights instead. Conan can barely contain his delight...

Aurora
04-27-2004, 11:04 PM
Conan will relish in a Hendry-thrashing by genius Ronnie for sure. Poor Anthony, I really felt for him. I'm happy that Ronnie doesn't play today, so I can enjoy my celebrations without missing snooker. Ronnie and Matthew in the final would be my two faves, so go on lads!

Iza
04-28-2004, 05:24 AM
Conan will relish in a Hendry-thrashing by genius Ronnie for sure. Poor Anthony, I really felt for him. I'm happy that Ronnie doesn't play today, so I can enjoy my celebrations without missing snooker. Ronnie and Matthew in the final would be my two faves, so go on lads!

Great match is to be set up between Hendry and Ronnie. :worship: I hope for a Ronnie-Stevens match too! and as for the Hamilton match today, Antony came in already considering himself defeated. he just didn't defend his chance and that is why i don't like him at all. you have to take your chance no matter what!!!

Iza
04-28-2004, 05:27 AM

indeed :hearts:

denim
04-28-2004, 06:16 AM
:ras: Hamilton wasnt even trying in the last 2 games. He reluctantly won the second last game and then it looked like he purposely lost the last one, he went for all these ridiculously hard shots that he normally wouldnt have :rolleyes: i lost loads of respect for him tonight

I agree with you Frooty re: Hamilton I know he was so far behind but he threw the towel in, I have seen guys 0-8 down still trying their heart out and comeback, ok it doesnt always happen and they still get whipped but you have admiration for their fight till the end attitude.

The first two rounds were producing such tight matches but these quarter finals have been one sided.

I am so pleased to see Matthew Stevens looking like he's into another semi final, if one guy deserves to win the Embassy its him, he was so unlucky in 2000 final and again in the semi with John Higgins in 2001, hes great to watch, very quick fluent and a heavy scorer.

I think O'Sullivans two fingered gesture as knocked black off the table was good for the game, damn it needs some characters like the alex higgins days and Ronnie is certainly that.

Aurora
04-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Yeah, Ronnie brings some attitude into the game!

it's really been a great tournament so far (except for Jimmy White I was pleased with pretty much all the match outcomes and my three faves O'Sullivan Stevens and Dott are doing great!) Can't wait for the O'Sullivan - Hendry match!

bovenbuuf
04-28-2004, 11:05 AM
It was really a great match to see.. but I think I will stick the the Rocket.. the sherrif of Pottingham is not one of my favorits...

bovenbuuf
04-28-2004, 11:06 AM
Well we all have heard of the row between Quinten Hann and Andy Hicks, with Quinten famous words I will take you outside... well it seems that King was more offended by the words of Quinten that Andy was.. so he challenged Quinten for a boxing game.. both have already had their medical tests and are OK, and are now waiting for their licence.. the match will be at June 11 somewhere in London!

Conan the Librarian
04-28-2004, 11:49 AM
Conan finds that whole sorry episode too tragic for words.

bovenbuuf
04-28-2004, 12:13 PM
yes, Conan its really tragic and so not snooker at all...

bovenbuuf
04-28-2004, 07:48 PM
tomorrow is going to give us some great snooker I think.. Ronnie v, Hendry...

Go Ronnie!

Snoopy_Girl
04-28-2004, 08:07 PM
Ronnie! Ronnie! :bounce: :bounce:

Frooty_Bazooty
04-28-2004, 08:12 PM
Well we all have heard of the row between Quinten Hann and Andy Hicks, with Quinten famous words I will take you outside... well it seems that King was more offended by the words of Quinten that Andy was.. so he challenged Quinten for a boxing game.. both have already had their medical tests and are OK, and are now waiting for their licence.. the match will be at June 11 somewhere in London!

Is this serious? King is fighting Hann?

Aurora
04-28-2004, 09:21 PM
kinda funny, but kinda sad too...

denim
04-28-2004, 10:32 PM
I'll say King will win as hes worked on a building site and looks the stockier build lol

bovenbuuf
04-29-2004, 07:00 AM
yes Frooty this is serious.. and well I fear for Hann, after losing his top 16 spot I think he will lose this game aswell...

Frooty_Bazooty
04-29-2004, 07:01 AM
ffs men :rolleyes:

Conan the Librarian
04-29-2004, 07:36 PM
Ronnie! Ronnie! Ronnie!

Looking good so far, though some of those left-handed shots have Conan covering his eyes!

Snoopy_Girl
04-29-2004, 08:02 PM
I'm still waiting for the coverage to start (again)...

Conan the Librarian
04-29-2004, 08:04 PM
oh...Conan will not give any more details away then.

bovenbuuf
04-29-2004, 08:07 PM
But its a great match.. Ronnie is doing fine.. and well guess he can sleep good tonight!

Snoopy_Girl
04-29-2004, 08:08 PM
Oh, no, no problem! It just started.. from the first frame onwards.. so my coverage is a bit delayed... But at least I get to see it (something I can't say of tennis lately)

Snoopy_Girl
04-29-2004, 09:23 PM
What a start to that semifinal match! Wow... Ronnie was so amazing! :worship: Brilliant play! Also great play by Hendry.. he only made 4 small errors and is now 6-2 behind, that about says how good Ronnie was. There's no telling to what will happen tomorrow, but wow Ronnie, please: Keep it up! :worship: :cool:

denim
04-30-2004, 01:42 AM
I am praying Hendry can turn this 2-6 defecit around against O'Sullivan, i have bet on him to win tournament and would want him to win anyway as he's been my fave player for 14 years, I got to meet him in 1994 when he played exhibition match at theatre where I live, even if he loses this match....hes still the most successful player the game has ever seen.

come on stephen !!!! dig deep llater today !!!!

Conan the Librarian
04-30-2004, 06:43 AM
There's always one, isn't there??

denim
04-30-2004, 01:46 PM
LOL Conan........

lets stop the rot & claw back now stephen ! :worship:

Frooty_Bazooty
04-30-2004, 02:30 PM
cmon stephen, pot those balls you scottish scoundrel!!!!

Conan the Librarian
04-30-2004, 02:44 PM
Conan is in awe as Ronnie is giving a snooker masterclass this afternoon. 10-2!!

denim
04-30-2004, 02:56 PM
it is getting too painfull to watch, its getting to stage now where i just want stephen to go down in defeat with a respectable scorline :bigcry:

HybridTheory
04-30-2004, 03:24 PM
woow Ronnie is playing great:D 11-2

Snoopy_Girl
04-30-2004, 05:39 PM
Ronnie is so damn brilliant! Aaaaah, woohoo! Too bad for Hendry, but there's really nothing he can do, it's not even his fault, he did nothing wrong... 13-3 awesome score!!! Unbelievably good play by Ronnie!

Frooty_Bazooty
04-30-2004, 09:50 PM
dott - stevens is a much more interesting match, its 13-11 right now, final session tomorrow

Snoopy_Girl
05-01-2004, 09:27 AM
It is more exciting in terms of "who will win", yeah... but Ronnie is definitely in a class of his own right now!

bovenbuuf
05-01-2004, 09:30 AM
Yes I agree Snoopy, He is really going fast.. and he plays amazing. Wonder if there will be an evening session.. Dott and Stevens are ok to watch but is different..

Frooty_Bazooty
05-01-2004, 09:57 AM
its like having the option of watching a tennis player playing absolutely amazing and winning 6-1 6-1 or wacthing 2 slightly less good players who are still at a high level battling it out in a 5-7 7-6 7-5 match. i know which i'd prefer to watch.

bovenbuuf
05-01-2004, 10:03 AM
well I like both matches to watch... 6-1 6-1 just because its Ronnie who is playing excellent, and the a 5-7 7-6 7-5 match because its still not sure who will win, they both have a high level of snooker, thought that Dott was really good. but still have this feeling that he can't end it, and that Stevens will do make it and reach the final.. but is close...So frooty who do you think will win this semi?

Frooty_Bazooty
05-01-2004, 10:16 AM
to be honest i dont really mind anymore. before i was all stevens, but dott seems like a top guy so i wouldnt mind if either of them got through.

All i care about is that whoever gets through can take Ronnie to the wire and not let it be a walkover

bovenbuuf
05-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Well done Ronnie! He beated Hendry in 17-4....

Snoopy_Girl
05-01-2004, 07:05 PM
well I like both matches to watch... 6-1 6-1 just because its Ronnie who is playing excellent, and the a 5-7 7-6 7-5 match because its still not sure who will win...

Exactly Bovenbuuf!
Matthew :sad: He couldn't win it.. had chances to come back to 16-16... too bad, could've been even tighter. They both missed good chances to end it sooner. But considering the pressure on them and the fact that it was Dott's first semi, well done, certainly to Dott!

Although I do hope that the Rocket's gonna give Dott a bit of masterclass snooker tomorrow. It would be nice if it's a tight match, but I would like to see Ronnie win, cuz well, the way he's been playing, he deserves it. Plus, he only won the world champs once... Knowing he's one of the most naturally talented players out there, he should win it a few more times :worship:

Conan the Librarian
05-01-2004, 09:10 PM
come on Ronnie! Beat the Dolt!

Frooty_Bazooty
05-01-2004, 10:04 PM
cmon Dotty boy!!!

Conan the Librarian
05-02-2004, 02:06 PM
Time to win the title Ronnie!!

Frooty_Bazooty
05-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Dott is 4-0 up :lol:

HybridTheory
05-02-2004, 03:57 PM
awww:sad:
come on ronnie!!!

Frooty_Bazooty
05-02-2004, 04:08 PM
5-1 now

bovenbuuf
05-02-2004, 05:14 PM
well it seems that Ronnie is coming back now.. 5-3 so still behind, but scored better the last 3 frames.

Snoopy_Girl
05-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Second 8 frames start in 1 hour.. thank heaven somebody gave me BBC, since I don't have Eurosport or other coverage of any good sport (except for soccer of course).

C'mon Ronnie, you can do this.. win at least 5 frames this session and all will be equal again!

bovenbuuf
05-02-2004, 06:14 PM
yes its really an interesting match....

Conan the Librarian
05-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Ronnie stayed calm and took his chances when Dolt missed. It wasn't as though Ronnie was missing easy shots in the first 5 frames(apart from that Brown).

Conan the Librarian
05-02-2004, 10:49 PM
Excellent comeback by Ronald. Dolt's level has slipped and he must be disappointed to be losing after being 5-0 up. The first couple of frames tomorrow could be vital. If Ronald wins them Conan believes he could run away from Dolt.

bovenbuuf
05-03-2004, 07:25 AM
Have the same feeling Conan,the afternoon session is going to be very important.
and yes Dott must have been very disappointed after the evening session

Snoopy_Girl
05-03-2004, 12:50 PM
*agrees and awaits the start of the third session* :bounce:

bovenbuuf
05-03-2004, 06:07 PM
well guess we could say that the 3 session was a Ronnie session

Conan the Librarian
05-03-2004, 07:12 PM
yes, as Conan predicted! wrap up title #2 Ronnie!

Conan the Librarian
05-03-2004, 08:11 PM
well that was easy. Congratulations Ronald!

bovenbuuf
05-03-2004, 08:31 PM
yes congratulations Ronnie, it was a good game.. a good tournament!

Snoopy_Girl
05-04-2004, 10:10 AM
Dott didn't stand a chance yesterday. He only won one frame, poor guy! It made the final a bit one sided, which is not the best thing you can have, but then again, Ronnie was just incredible. Even though it took him a lot more visits to the table to claim the frames. He deserved it, he was just so confident and kept himself together. The guy was even funny at times. Ronnie rules!

nikki
05-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Its a shame it wasnt a tense and close final but Ronnie O'Sullivan proved when his head is together he is untouchable.

Snoopy_Girl
05-04-2004, 10:43 AM
To me he's a bit like the Roger Federer of snooker (with just a bit of Marat Safin every now and then)

Iza
05-04-2004, 12:39 PM
the final was a great demonstration of snooker! ronnie was great and I had a v. important test 2day at english and I had to write a narrative essay and my character's name was obv. Ronnie cos I was so happy 4 him that I couldn't help myself :)

Oh, gosh no more snooker til autumn :eek:

HybridTheory
05-04-2004, 12:44 PM
yaay congrats Ronnie!!!:bounce: :woohoo:

Aurora
05-04-2004, 12:45 PM
aaaaah... how great are the days with hours and hours of watching Ronnie...

Snoopy_Girl
05-04-2004, 12:46 PM
the final was a great demonstration of snooker! ronnie was great and I had a v. important test 2day at english and I had to write a narrative essay and my character's name was obv. Ronnie cos I was so happy 4 him that I couldn't help myself

Oh, gosh no more snooker til autumn I know! *starts crying*
That's gonna be a loooooong time! Fortunately snooker is back before the tennis off season starts, so that I at least have something to watch.

I hope your essay turned out well!

Iza
05-04-2004, 12:52 PM
from www.worldsnooker.com

"ROCKET GOES INTO ORBIT

Snooker genius Ronnie O’Sullivan captured the Embassy World Championship title for the second time by wrapping up an emphatic 18-8 defeat of Graeme Dott at the Crucible tonight (Monday).

Rocket Ronnie fell 5-0 behind early in the final but then stepped up the gears and raced away to win by a comfortable margin. His fans at the packed Sheffield arena watched in delight as he lifted the glittering trophy and pocketed a cheque for £250,000.
Perhaps the most gifted player ever to pick up a cue, O’Sullivan had to wait nine years between turning professional and winning his first world title. But he has since fulfilled his potential by taking the sport’s biggest prize twice in the space of four years.

The 28-year-old from Chigwell in Essex joins a select band of players to have won the Championship on more than one occasion at the Crucible. Steve Davis, Stephen Hendry and Mark Williams are the only other members of this elite group.

Leading 16-8 after the third session, O’Sullivan soon extended his lead with a quick-fire break of 92 to draw within a frame of the winning line. He showed a few signs of nerves in the next, but with Dott mentally and physically exhausted, there was no question of the result.

Runs of 29 and 33 put the Englishman in control, and after Dott had missed a short range red along the top cushion, he added 22 to seal victory.

Mum Maria and younger sister Danielle embraced the new champion, as friend ‘Prince’ Naseem Hamed shouted his congratulations from the theatre balcony.

Glasgow’s world No 13 Dott may be disappointed to go down without much of a fight today, having led 5-0 early in the contest. But the Rangers fan will look back on the event with delight, having beaten the likes of John Higgins and Matthew Stevens on his way to the final.

His brilliant run earned him his biggest pay-cheque, £125,000, and guaranteed his place in the top 16 for another season. Ultimately, fatigue caught up with the Pocket Dynamo – he had played 94 frames on his way to the final, compared to O’Sullivan’s 77.

O’Sullivan’s snooker in past years has been frequently brilliant, but he has been plagued by inconsistency and known to give in to frustration when not able to find his free-flowing ‘A’ game.

This season, he has found a new level of maturity, showing determination to grind out results when not at his best. That grittiness has been in evidence throughout the past fortnight at the Crucible as he has combined glorious break-building with rock solid safety and tactical play. He easily beat Anthony Hamilton 13-3 in the quarter-finals, then took Hendry apart in the semis with a 17-4 romp.

New guru Ray Reardon must take some credit for O’Sullivan’s triumph, though the ‘new Ronnie’ has been producing results throughout the season. He won the Welsh Open in Cardiff in January and reached the final of the Masters and the British Open, and also took the inaugural LG Electronics Tour Order of Merit title.

O’Sullivan goes back to No 1 in the official rankings next season, taking the top spot from Mark Williams. He is the only player other than Williams and Reardon to regain the No 1 spot.

His career on-table earnings go over the £4million mark. But money is not the issue for the Rocket tonight – his name engraved once again on the famous trophy is all that matters."

and about my essay: I hope I'm gonna get a high grade cos ohterwise I'm gonna kill Ronnie. Just jokin!

Iza
05-04-2004, 12:55 PM
aaaaah... how great are the days with hours and hours of watching Ronnie...

true!
my poor parents started watching snooker too! y'know, I started watchin tennis now they're watching tennis too. now i'm watching snooker (not anymore unfortch :sad: ) they're watching it too!

Aurora
05-04-2004, 12:57 PM
I'd love to see Ronnie taking some of Hendry's records! Go on, lad: win, win & win!

Snoopy_Girl
05-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Great article, thanks!

"Perhaps the most gifted player ever to pick up a cue", I always love it when they say that.. and it's so true...

btw, Iza, don't you dare kill Ronnie.. I'll stop you myself if I have to, hehe

Snoopy_Girl
05-04-2004, 01:00 PM
I'd love to see Ronnie taking some of Hendry's records! Go on, lad: win, win & win! I couldn't agree more! :worship:

Iza
05-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Great article, thanks!

"Perhaps the most gifted player ever to pick up a cue", I always love it when they say that.. and it's so true...

btw, Iza, don't you dare kill Ronnie.. I'll stop you myself if I have to, hehe

the romanian commentators were goin on praising him and callin him a bag of talent and all that. i know one of those commentators is a fan of white but both of them seemed to support ronnie. that's good! i like it when commentators support the one i support. cos if they do i keep on swearing them :devil: and telling them to shut their mouths (even if they can't hear me)

Snoopy_Girl
05-04-2004, 01:08 PM
I know, I do the same with tennis commentators... Every single one of them is always telling about how Marat and Tommy Haas are not consistent enough, keep going on and on about every error... I hate that. But everybody loves Ronnie now, that's a good thing!

Iza
05-04-2004, 01:15 PM
i have BIG problems with football commentators. oooh, i hate them soooooooooooooooooooo much they can't stop criticizing my fave teams when they don't deserve it. you should've seen me at the real-barca match. i was sweraing and yelling at them cos i got really mad. i mean, it wasn't enough that real lost they had to keep on criticizing real!!! :mad:

Snoopy_Girl
05-04-2004, 01:19 PM
Hahaha.. easy! I know the frustration.. you should hear the commentators over here about my fave team Liverpool.. pfoeh

Conan the Librarian
05-04-2004, 04:14 PM
Iza,

Conan is relieved to hear you were joking about killing Ronnie. You know about his family, right? *nervous glance over shoulder*

Snoopy_Girl
05-04-2004, 05:39 PM
Conan, tell me about Ronnie's family ;)

Conan the Librarian
05-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Does Snoopy_Girl not know that Ronnie's father is currently serving a life sentence in prison for a gangland murder?

Snoopy_Girl
05-04-2004, 07:56 PM
No Snoopy Girl didn't know that... Excuse my stupidity for not having done my homework Conan :bowdown: , but snooker only recently turned into one of my obsessions ;). Before about 3 months ago I would only watch it if I happen to come across a game of snooker on tv. But thanks for the update :p

Conan the Librarian
05-04-2004, 08:32 PM
Conan forgives Snoopy_Girl!

Iza
05-05-2004, 04:58 AM
same for me snoopy girl i became a snooker addict in february but the commentators made sure I found out that. actually i read about that first on some site. but anyways that's not something i insist on cos it's not too easy for Ronnie.

Aurora
05-05-2004, 07:46 AM
Ow dudettes, you didn't know? Did you see the trophy presentation? Man, I cried like a little baby when he dedicated the title to his dad after all the hugs to mom (she actually was in prison for a year too for fraud). The guy hasn't had a quiet life, he wrote an autobiography which isn't boring I think.

bovenbuuf
05-05-2004, 09:46 AM
yes I saw the presentation swirlingblacklilly and it was really movng...

Snoopy_Girl
05-05-2004, 06:32 PM
I saw it too, I found it moving anyway, even if I didn't know everything about it yet. Cuz I heard the commentators going on and on about how much he wanted this and how much he deserved it... and I'm sorry I didn't know all that stuff. But I did my research now and I read a lot of stuff. That guy had a tough life... Father in prison, mother in prison, broken off engagement, drugs, alcohol, AA, suicide attempt... man! He must be really strong :). Good to see he's doing so well!

Iza
05-07-2004, 07:19 PM
oh btw, at the presentation i noticed that ronnie's eyes were gettin red and he was tryin not 2 cry :hug:

Snoopy_Girl
05-07-2004, 07:39 PM
And not without a reason (so I know.. now.. hehe). Ronnie :hug: ;)

Aurora
05-07-2004, 07:46 PM
aaah I'm still happy :) He has made my week! (even though my honnies from Deportivo tried to mess it up :sad: )

Iza
05-07-2004, 07:52 PM
yes, he made my week too. about depor....yea it was sad but i didn't care much about that much but i cared for the other semi. i was cheering for monaco all the way. i guess on monday i'll find out my grade at that essay i told u about

:cool:

Snoopy_Girl
05-07-2004, 07:58 PM
yes, he made my week too. about depor....yea it was sad but i didn't care much about that much but i cared for the other semi. i was cheering for monaco all the way. i guess on monday i'll find out my grade at that essay i told u about

:cool:Ooh, when you find out, please tell us! ;) And I'm still happy about Ronnie's win too :worship: . But really, the snooker off season is way toooo long :sad:

Iza
05-07-2004, 08:02 PM
. But really, the snooker off season is way toooo long :sad:

agree. way too long! i mean, the season is from october to april which is about 7 months. i just a bit over half a year. that's a tiny little bit!!!!

Snoopy_Girl
05-07-2004, 08:20 PM
I know.. I have the same thing with speedskating, that season is only from the last week of October up till the first week of March :( It's such a shame.. cuz damn it, I need my obsessions, I need them, I want them. I need Ronnie, or at least some other good snooker player on my TV screen! ;)

Iza
05-07-2004, 08:24 PM
i usually study better when there's snooker or tennis on tv and i'm doing my homework :devil:

Snoopy_Girl
05-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Hehe LOL

jcfcb-fan
05-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Hey all!
Another Snooker-fan has come to this forum ;) I'm a big fan of Ronnie O'Sullivan and I was soooo happy when he won! :D I've already ordered his autobiography and i hope I'll receive during next week.

Snoopy_Girl
05-07-2004, 08:44 PM
Welcome! :wavey:

Please give us full report about the book. I might order it too! :)

Conan the Librarian
05-07-2004, 09:46 PM
hello jcfcb-fan!

Conan was just commenting today that there doesn't seem to be anything decent on tv now there is no snooker.

Conan the Librarian
05-07-2004, 09:47 PM
good luck to Iza with the essay!

Iza
05-08-2004, 02:10 PM
good luck to Iza with the essay!

thanks
:)
(ps: my avatar :cool: )

Aurora
05-08-2004, 02:36 PM
cool Iza!

:wavey: jcfcb-fan! ( :confused: not getting the nick though)

A lot of love for Ronnie around here it seems... :)

Snoopy_Girl
05-08-2004, 04:25 PM
That avatar is too awesome Iza! :worship: keep it for some time please, so I have something to look at ;)

Conan the Librarian
05-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Awesome avatar Iza!

Conan is guessing that the jcf in jcfcb-fan is Juan Carlos Ferrero. What is the cb? Chris Bailey!!

Snoopy_Girl
05-08-2004, 05:43 PM
Awesome avatar Iza!

Conan is guessing that the jcf in jcfcb-fan is Juan Carlos Ferrero. What is the cb? Chris Bailey!! :lol: could be Conan! JCF is an easy one to guess yeah, but the cb part has me wondering too :confused:

Conan the Librarian
05-08-2004, 05:54 PM
the only current player Conan can think of is Cara Black.

Snoopy_Girl
05-08-2004, 06:08 PM
I didn't even think of that one! Good thinking Conan... I'm curious to find out what it really means.

bovenbuuf
05-09-2004, 09:42 AM
yes me too.. so tel JCFCB what does the CB mean

bovenbuuf
05-09-2004, 09:43 AM
and yes, the season is to short, it takes really long to see some snooker again! And I had the same thing Conan, what to watch now on tv.. there is nothing nice to watch..

and yes Iza like the avatar!

Mrs. B
05-09-2004, 06:34 PM
LOL! the infamous streaker Mark Roberts made his way to the snooker event too! :lol: :haha:

http://www.thestreaker.org.uk/streaks/snooker/snooker.jpg

Snoopy_Girl
05-09-2004, 06:46 PM
LOL! the infamous streaker Mark Roberts made his way to the snooker event too! :lol: :haha:

http://www.thestreaker.org.uk/streaks/snooker/snooker.jpg:lol: :lol: :lol: I saw it already, in some dutch sarcastic news show... Every sport needs its own streaker I guess ;)

Conan the Librarian
05-09-2004, 06:46 PM
what a surprise that this was Frau B's sole contribution to the snooker thread!

Conan will leave all jokes about cue/tip sizes, balls in pockets, sinking the pink and downing the brown to everybody else!!

Snoopy_Girl
05-09-2004, 06:54 PM
:lol: Conan... you think too fast ;) :lol:

Mrs. B
05-09-2004, 06:55 PM
snooker's not me cup of tea, conanski, but this pic made it to some Swiss sports page. :lol:

btw., i play billiards. ;)

Conan the Librarian
05-09-2004, 07:00 PM
pocket billiards is a very popular game with most, well, all men!

bovenbuuf
05-10-2004, 08:40 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: I saw it already, in some dutch sarcastic news show... Every sport needs its own streaker I guess ;)

What a man, LOL

missed the show Snoopy, what show was it.. must have been very funny...

Snoopy_Girl
05-10-2004, 09:24 AM
What a man, LOL

missed the show Snoopy, what show was it.. must have been very funny..."Dit was het nieuws"... they had this picture and then one of the teams had to think of a good text to go with it :D . Love that show! :worship:

bovenbuuf
05-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Thanks, Like that show also but missed it lately..

Iza
05-10-2004, 12:07 PM
That avatar is too awesome Iza! :worship: keep it for some time please, so I have something to look at ;)

don't worry, I'll be keeping it a loooooooooong time!

and about that naked dude: :cuckoo:

Snoopy_Girl
05-10-2004, 12:20 PM
don't worry, I'll be keeping it a loooooooooong time!
:) Comforting thought... Me likes ;)

bovenbuuf
05-10-2004, 05:07 PM
well you are not the only one Snoopy, also like it! Its a nice one...

denim
05-10-2004, 05:43 PM
Old Willie Thorne his hairs all gawn
:smash:

jcfcb-fan
05-10-2004, 06:39 PM
Awesome avatar Iza!

Conan is guessing that the jcf in jcfcb-fan is Juan Carlos Ferrero. What is the cb? Chris Bailey!!

Right, jcf means Juan Carlos Ferrero. But then you've to take the 'f' from Ferrero and put it before the 'cb', so it becomes fcb (=FC Bayern Munich, best german soccer-club) Tricky, isnt it? ;)

Conan the Librarian
05-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Conan is just a little disappointed.

Can Conan at least pretend it is for Chris Bailey?

jcfcb-fan
05-10-2004, 07:23 PM
Conan is just a little disappointed.

Can Conan at least pretend it is for Chris Bailey?

If you want :rolleyes: But I prefer FC Bayern :D

Snoopy_Girl
05-10-2004, 08:52 PM
Haha.. I think I'll join Conan then ;) German soccerteams are not really my interest... (Spanish soccerteams: yes, Premier League: yes.. but not german league, don't know why ;))

Iza
05-11-2004, 04:54 AM
Haha.. I think I'll join Conan then ;) German soccerteams are not really my interest... (Spanish soccerteams: yes, Premier League: yes.. but not german league, don't know why ;))

same for me
;)

bovenbuuf
05-11-2004, 11:45 AM
well I just keep it with the snooker and the tennis, and skip the soccer..

Snoopy_Girl
05-11-2004, 11:50 AM
I really watch too many sports... that's kinda my flaw I guess. I watch F1, Soccer, gymnastics, showjumping and dressage, speedskating, tennis, snooker, pool... I'm so bad ;) and so addicted. But actually tennis, snooker and speedskating are the things I ALWAYS watch, the rest is more along the line of "whatever I see while being bored or something ;)

Aurora
05-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Snoopy_Girl, you're really a bad bad girl! But I'm just as bad, I also watch pretty much every sport that's on (luckily no Eurosport). That I'm not watching the Giro (cycling) this week, is a great personal achievement. I've also cut down on the football (I refuse to call it soccer for those American suckers). I've discovered speed skating just two seasons ago, but am trying not to follow it! ;)

Snoopy_Girl
05-11-2004, 12:51 PM
Not following speedskating?? That would be too hard for me. Fortunately, I have the summer for watching tennis, since there isn't any skating going on then anyway. And Schumi is making F1 so boring that I don't always have to watch that either (I just check if he's on the pole and if he is, I won't watch it).. so that helps ;) Else my schedule of watching sports wouldn't leave me any time for my (school)work ;)

Iza
05-11-2004, 01:00 PM
woooooooah and my mum says i watch too many! the thing is i watch tons of tennis&snooker and football and volleyball when the Polish girls are on. no speedskating or f1..that's my dad's domain ;)

Snoopy_Girl
05-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Ah, I think I'm more like a boy when it comes to sports. I think my boyfriend would be the one to ask me if we could ever watch something other than sports.. instead of me asking him, like it's supposed to be ;)

Iza
05-11-2004, 01:10 PM
don't worry....the boys in my class and the dude who i can call something like a boyfriend are completely careless in what sport is concerned! actually some classmates like football but i can't discuss w/them cos they're completely :silly:

Aurora
05-11-2004, 01:17 PM
And the faces I get when I say something sensible about football, snooker or F1... the eyes all go :eek:, one would think I'm a freak. Which I'm not. Always.

Snoopy_Girl
05-11-2004, 01:21 PM
Hehe.. same here ;)

Aurora
05-11-2004, 01:24 PM
not always a freak? lol

Snoopy_Girl
05-11-2004, 01:29 PM
Yeah I have to admit I'm a freak.. sometimes, when tennis or speedskating or snooker are involved ;)... but just on a daily base I like to think that I don't show off my freakiness too much :p

bovenbuuf
05-11-2004, 05:24 PM
same here, watch a lot of snooker, tennis and speedskating, its like snoopy told you, its very hard to miss here.. we have it always live.. even if that means its at 4 am! but like to see it..

Iza
05-12-2004, 06:19 AM
i woke up at hectic hours to watch the AO but i felt great and I miss it now! hopefully, there's RG!

bovenbuuf
05-12-2004, 08:10 AM
Hope so too Iza, but well the advantage of RG is that it will be broadcasted for me at normal hours, and not in the middle of the night!

Iza
05-12-2004, 09:03 AM
yes, i can watch all day long! :D

Snoopy_Girl
05-12-2004, 11:30 AM
Yeah.. RG and Wimby both.. good coverage.. aaaaaalll day long (certainly Wimby when you have British channel BBC :)). Can't wait, can't wait. I always pray for the Dutch people to go out quick so the Dutch channels will actually show interesting matches, instead of a Dutch player losing 6-1 6-1 6-1 to some top 20 player ;)

bovenbuuf
05-12-2004, 02:20 PM
not only that Snoopy but if they are staying long we also have to listen to the terrific interviews , in English, they gave..

bovenbuuf
05-12-2004, 02:23 PM
but it would be nice to hear another Dagsluiter..

Snoopy_Girl
05-12-2004, 05:00 PM
the Dagsluiters ruled! :worship: I really like Raemon Sluiter. One of the most friendly guys on the tour :kiss:. I always like the RTL 5 coverage. Two years ago they had those "Momentje voor de dames" after they had a "momentje Anna K voor de mannen" and all the women complained about it :lol:, but that girls moment only featured stuff like Radek Stepanek getting the sweat of his face :p. I always think Wilfred Genee is really funny :)

bovenbuuf
05-12-2004, 06:12 PM
the Dagsluiters ruled! :worship: I really like Raemon Sluiter. One of the most friendly guys on the tour :kiss:. I always like the RTL 5 coverage. Two years ago they had those "Momentje voor de dames" after they had a "momentje Anna K voor de mannen" and all the women complained about it :lol:, but that girls moment only featured stuff like Radek Stepanek getting the sweat of his face :p. I always think Wilfred Genee is really funny :)

yes, he was really funny, he had realy a lot of problems with how to pronounce a players name, so every time he told who was playing at centre.. then or Siemerink or Elting had to correct that, but he was lucky, he had his birthday during Wimbledon.. so he got a book, and in that where all the names of the players of that year.. and they all wrote down how te pronounce the name right!

Snoopy_Girl
05-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Hahaha, I remember that, that was soooo cool! They are totally hilarious, that whole group. They don't take eachother too seriously which is kinda funny :)

bovenbuuf
05-14-2004, 06:17 PM
Hahaha, I remember that, that was soooo cool! They are totally hilarious, that whole group. They don't take eachother too seriously which is kinda funny :)

Ok just want to tell you that Ronnie is now on BBC 1 in the program Question of sport

Snoopy_Girl
05-14-2004, 07:05 PM
That's really sweet of you, but I'm reading this almost an hour too late ;) What did he say, what did he say? :bounce:

Iza
05-14-2004, 07:12 PM
what did he say, what did he say? :bounce: I saw Watts on Eurosport and he was the star of the week and they showed some of the funny faces he makes :lol: he was so sweet and that hair :hearts: :drool:

BTW with Wimby: I don't have BBC and Eurosport ain't showing it so I guess I can't watch it :fiery: :sobbing:

Conan the Librarian
05-14-2004, 08:30 PM
Ronnie didn't really say too much as it is a quiz show where he is one of 6 players. Conan missed the first half of the show but Ronnie answered a few questions correctly and also revealed that he once opened a lingerie shop!

Conan the Librarian
05-14-2004, 09:41 PM
Any of you Dutchies who get BBC turn it on now! Ronnie is going to be on a talk show.

bovenbuuf
05-15-2004, 05:35 AM
thanks Conan but I missed that... how was he in the talk show? The quiz is like you said.. was nice, but well he was not the only player at that time..

Iza
05-15-2004, 07:19 AM
i'm so mad that i don't have BBC!!!!!!

bovenbuuf
05-15-2004, 07:21 AM
Hi- for all the people who missed Ronnie and the quizz of sports. they will repeat it today ( saturdaynight) at BBC 1 at 1.30 am local time and at 00.30 (UK time)there is again the Friday show from J.Ross.. if this is the repeat of yesterday.. then this must be the show Conan is refering to.

but remember it can be a little later.. we have the European songcontest tonight.. most of the times that will take longer then is sceduled

So guess we get another try to see our Ronnie! Have fun with watching :)

Conan the Librarian
05-15-2004, 11:04 AM
bovenbuuf is correct. The shows will be repeated very late tonight.

bovenbuuf
05-15-2004, 12:33 PM
good to hear.. another try to see it..

Snoopy_Girl
05-15-2004, 06:59 PM
Thanks guys :bounce:

Snoopy_Girl
05-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Euh, Bovenbuuf? In my Tv guide it says that J. Ross is aired at 2.55 am dutch time.. and that question of sport is at 3.50 am me = confused now

Iza
05-15-2004, 07:19 PM
lucky u for having BBC :yeah: tell me bout his hair :p if he cuts it I'ma :tears: bcos he looks great w/that hair!

Snoopy_Girl
05-15-2004, 07:24 PM
I know. I found some older pics of him with short hair and he reminded me of Mr. Bean.. which is not a good thing in this peticular case :p

Iza
05-15-2004, 07:32 PM
yes...for example

Snoopy_Girl
05-15-2004, 07:36 PM
Exactly (nice pic.. with all the white btw :p ;))

Iza
05-15-2004, 07:42 PM

bovenbuuf
05-16-2004, 08:49 AM
yes nice pic.. but this hair is better.. Snoopy could you see the show?

Snoopy_Girl
05-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Yeah I saw it! I just pushed a four hour tape in my videorecorder... I basically taped everything the BBC aired, from 1 AM till 5 AM. So I pretty much have it all now ;). Thanks for informing me :). The talkshow was kinda funny, a bit lame but funny. The guy got asked what he shaves and if he never wants to get rid of his unibrow :lol:. It had like a zero level at times, but it was ok :bounce:

Aurora
05-16-2004, 06:02 PM
Damn, I just got home, I missed all the Ronnie-fun. Sigh.

Snoopy_Girl
05-16-2004, 06:45 PM
Aaaah.. too bad.. :(. You didn;t miss too much. Wasn't that much of a deep interview. It was a lot of Ronnie on one night, that was what it was, but it didn't tell me a lot I didn't know already ;). Entertaining yeah... that's all

Conan the Librarian
05-16-2004, 07:11 PM
Tv appearances by Ronnie outside of playing snooker are rare so they are to be cherished!

Where have you been, swirlingblacklilly?

Iza
05-16-2004, 07:13 PM
at least u got to see smthg! i'm very happy cos eurosport r showin a snooker world champs review on wednesday so there's still some snooker :)

bovenbuuf
05-16-2004, 07:30 PM
but still Snoopy it was nice to see Ronnie

Snoopy_Girl
05-16-2004, 07:31 PM
of course it was! :bounce: always is :) :hearts: ;)