CAIRNS TAIPANS 21.00
TOWNSVILLE CROCODILES 21.00
SINGAPORE SLINGERS 34.00
SOUTH DRAGONS 34.00
NEW ZEALAND BREAKERS 41.00
WEST SYDNEY RAZORBACKS 61.00

Can't see Brisbane not winning it this year. :rocker:
Was hoping for a bit more though.

Also like the 2 other QLD teams to make the 8... odds not out yet though.

Mr Flamboyant
09-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Tigers Tigers Tigers!! I'm still kicking myself for not having something on them this time last year when they won the blitz up here .. Their size is such an advantage and they have the backcourt to match .. Then you throw in Dave Thomas...!

andrew057
09-08-2006, 01:35 AM
Breakers baby

good_gambler
09-09-2006, 05:27 AM
The odds have changed slighty since released:

BRISBANE BULLETS 3.20
SYDNEY KINGS 4.00
MELBOURNE TIGERS 4.50
PERTH WILDCATS 10.00
WOLLONGONG HAWKS 10.00
ADELAIDE 36ERS 13.00
CAIRNS TAIPANS 21.00
TOWNSVILLE CROCODILES 21.00
SOUTH DRAGONS 26.00
SINGAPORE SLINGERS 34.00
NEW ZEALAND BREAKERS 51.00
WEST SYDNEY RAZORBACKS 67.00

Nothing major or anything but a little interesting I think. :)

Mr Flamboyant
09-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Haven't looked into what teams other than Cairns have done in terms of recruiting (apart from Brisbane really) .. Melbourne is going to take a hell of a lot of beating if Anstey doesn't get an NBA gig ..

Cairns is a tricky one .. Chris Burgess is a huge loss .. And Kevin Owens has a lot of question marks over him as a replacement .. I wouldn't be surprised if he's let go a few weeks in .. He's a lovely guy but I don't think he provides enough impact for an import .. Damon Thornton is an asset as replacement for Mel Thomas in the four spot .. I think Luke Martin will be a real surprise packet for the Snakes .. The club was very disappointed to lose Nathan Crosswell to the Tigers, but Martin is just as quick as Crossy, and is a far better shooter .. He's also a championship winner from his days with the Kings .. I can see Cairns doing roughly what they did last season, though I don't think they'll get quite as far as the semi finals ..

bad gambler
09-10-2006, 11:29 AM
Why are the Bullets favs? They are way too short.

I see they actually have shortened now to $2.75 - surely the books are not basing that on them winning that ridiculous Blitz tournament?

God knows why the Kings are in the second line of betting as well, ahead of the Tigers no less :confused:

good_gambler
09-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Surely the Bullets deserve to be favourites.

They are stacked.
Though in the passed two season they've been in a similar situation and came up well short.
They kind of remind me how the USA team has been in recent years. Huge favourites for everything.. and just keep screwing it up for whatever reason.

The problem could be they have too much talent for one team.
There back court is one of the best I've seen in the NBL - CJ Bruton and Stephen Black, with Adam Gibson as back-up and Mick Hill can basically play anywhere.

They put up some impressive numbers in the Blitz tournament... and I know it is only a shit tournament and all... but surely it has to count for something.

Melbourne definately deserve to be up there, ahead of the Kings and Adelaide also deserve to be rated fairly highly.

Mr Flamboyant
09-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Don't expect Stephen Black to play much if any part in the upcoming season .. he's on the recovery from a pretty serious injury .. But like a shark replacing a lost tooth, the Bullets brought in Ebi Ere as a replacement ..

good_gambler
09-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Yeah.. actually I had read that. :o

3 months is what I last heard I think.
A big chunk of the season.

Ebi won't play guard will he?

I expect Adam Gibson to get a fair bit of court time this season alongside CJ.

good_gambler
09-14-2006, 08:43 AM
Going to put some on the Crocs @ $21.

Feeling a good year up here.

Mr Flamboyant
09-14-2006, 09:04 AM
We've got a "reptile rumble" up here tonight .. Taipans playing Townsville in a pre-season match .. Should be interesting ..

good_gambler
09-15-2006, 02:26 AM
Read it was interesting.
Crocs let a 15 point lead in the final quarter slip. :retard:

Mr Flamboyant
09-15-2006, 02:50 AM
Yeah didn't go to the game but obviously looked at it this morning and tonnes of improvement left in both teams .. Newley looked really good, obviously having just come back from the worlds .. Darnell Mee was the difference, he was huge down the stretch .. Think he's going to adopt more of a scoring role this season .. Taipans imports aren't prolific in that regard so more responsibility falls on Mee and Cattalini ..

Crocs really need a good centre .. Vanderjagt is still a back-up big at NBL level .. They looked very small last night ..

good_gambler
09-15-2006, 03:04 AM
It is totally beyond me how they let this guy named Casey Calvary go.

For starters he has the best name in basketball. Everytime a dunk is made you heard Caaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeee Caaaaalvareeeeeeeeeeeeee. :lol:

Last year Abney did too much of the work and almost didn't let Calvary do anything.
Ahhh well, whats done is done.

Just hope they get their arse into gear for the Kings game.
They need a good start to the season.