Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup, you aren't the scapegoat for the loss [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup, you aren't the scapegoat for the loss

Pages : [1] 2

Action Jackson
09-05-2006, 10:43 AM
He has played a role in the success of the Argentine team in making the semi finals of the Davis Cup.

He played very well against the Swedes in his debut and then teamed up with Nalbandian to win the important doubles against the Croats to make the semis.

Chucho is in a provisional squad with Nalbandian, Calleri, Chela and Gaudio. Though I think Mancini will stick to the same team that got the right result in Croatia barring injury. Chucho is useful in that he can play doubles and singles.

Choupi
09-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Vamos Argentina

lau
09-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Chucho :bounce:

Aleka
09-06-2006, 02:35 AM
I hope I'll be able to see this tie on an internet station!!! VAMOS CHUHCO!!!!!!!! VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigclap:

sophia_c
09-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Chucho :bounce:

Do you have a ticket???...my friend tried to get some but they sold out in like 2 hours!!!!

michelleg
09-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Heads up for any of you in Argentina that are able to get Carlos Alberto's show....he was over at Chucho's yesterday afternoon filming for the telly show :-) He was also on Carlos' radio program Tuesday evening (but since most of Posadas internet was down Tuesday evening, I couldnt catch it on the web....anyone out there hear it?)

Anyway, Chucho is at home with his family now, in good spirits and looking forward to Davis Cup.

lau
09-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Do you have a ticket???...my friend tried to get some but they sold out in like 2 hours!!!!
26 hours exactly :fiery: And no, I don´t have tickets because those days I was working like 15 hours a day and never knew they started selling them :ras: I knew it would be difficult having tickets for this tie, so I was prepared to be the first one in the line to buy my tickets for the 3 days..... Imagine my mood the next 2 or 3 days after they were sold out :shout: And it`s the perfect moment in the year, with no exams... Whatever... everytime I start thinking about it I want to http://zone-de-discussion.forumactif.net/users/15/27/85/smiles/suicide.gif

Choupi
09-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Heads up for any of you in Argentina that are able to get Carlos Alberto's show....he was over at Chucho's yesterday afternoon filming for the telly show :-) He was also on Carlos' radio program Tuesday evening (but since most of Posadas internet was down Tuesday evening, I couldnt catch it on the web....anyone out there hear it?)

Anyway, Chucho is at home with his family now, in good spirits and looking forward to Davis Cup.
Thanks for those updates Michelle. :)

sophia_c
09-08-2006, 10:48 AM
26 hours exactly :fiery: And no, I don´t have tickets because those days I was working like 15 hours a day and never knew they started selling them :ras: I knew it would be difficult having tickets for this tie, so I was prepared to be the first one in the line to buy my tickets for the 3 days..... Imagine my mood the next 2 or 3 days after they were sold out :shout: And it`s the perfect moment in the year, with no exams... Whatever... everytime I start thinking about it I want to http://zone-de-discussion.forumactif.net/users/15/27/85/smiles/suicide.gif

I know..I had plans to go...my friend would get the tickets and all would be well...but no...they just better win!!! :D

Action Jackson
09-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Good that he is at home resting up, but he will get into training soon enough and he will have a role to play in this tie, he might play singles as he needs some more experience and this environment is favourable to him, so that will help.

Hendu
09-14-2006, 03:24 PM
I think Chucho will play the singles. And if he does, Calleri will play the doubles.
Nalbandian is the only one who plays the three matches.
If Calleri plays the 1 singles rubber, then Chucho will play the doubles.

At least thats what Mancini has done until this tie.

Chela will be the #1 spectator.

Choupi
09-14-2006, 04:59 PM
How I envy those who will get coverage. :awww:

Hendu
09-14-2006, 05:06 PM
How I envy those who will get coverage. :awww:

How I envy those who have tickets. :awww:

bad gambler
09-16-2006, 07:41 AM
Hopefully he plays the singles, but unfortunately for obvious reasons I have to make an exception and can not support him during the weekend :p

Would be great to see him play Hewitt though :)

Action Jackson
09-16-2006, 08:49 AM
Luli has a lot of options and that is always good, though I am not sure whether Chucho or Calleri would be a better to play against Hewitt. It will come down to who is ready to go and playing better in training.

Choupi
09-16-2006, 08:57 AM
No matter who will play, both Calleri & Chucho will be in Metz. I just hope I get to congratulate them for their performance in DC and their sending Argentina into the DC final. ;)

Action Jackson
09-19-2006, 11:00 AM
I will paste this here and in the News Thread.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Hewitt-accused-of-siege-mentality/2006/09/19/1158431704373.html

Hewitt accused of siege mentality

Lleyton Hewitt has been accused of "creating a circus" and acting like he'd come to Iraq instead of Argentina by potential first day Davis Cup opponent Jose Acasuso.

Hewitt has brought two security guards with him for the semifinal following his rating by an Argentine newspaper as one of the most hated athletes in the country, no doubt fuelled by a history of ill-feeling with a number of the host country's players.

But Acasuso, who will battle with Agustin Calleri for the No.2 Argentine singles spot behind David Nalbandian, wasn't impressed.

"I don't know what Hewitt was thinking, that he was coming to Iraq or they are going to plant a bomb, but we are calm," Acasuso told reporters on Tuesday.

"He's trying to create a circus but nothing is going to happen.

"We're just worried about Argentina. Whether he has one bodyguard, or 500 bodyguards, that's up to him."

Hewitt's camp on Tuesday night dismissed the comments.

"Wherever he travels, we arrange the appropriate level of security that we feel is necessary," Hewitt's manager Robert Aivatoglou said.

"We assessed the situation in Buenos Aires and we haven't treated this any differently to anywhere else he travels.

"The bodyguards are associated with the Australian team and we feel it's appropriate that Lleyton has this level of security."

Acasuso's accusation follows countryman - and bitter and long-time rival of Hewitt - Guillermo Coria's claim earlier in the week that Hewitt's stance had made Argentina "look like a country of murderers".

Aivatoglou believed both Acasuso's and Coria's accusations were uncalled for and said they wouldn't affect Hewitt as he strove to help Australia reach a fifth Davis Cup final in eight years since the 25-year-old made his debut in the competition in 1999.

"After practising today (on centre court), Lleyton walked from the Australian team room to the outside court, then practised further without any incident. I would not say it resembled anything like a circus," Aivatoglou said.

"I wouldn't suggest these accusations will upset him at all. He is just focused on playing tennis and playing Davis Cup for his country."

Hewitt has two personal bodyguards with him in the Argentine capital, including Greg Norman's former minder, but the Argentines believe his concerns are ill-founded - and his stance over the top.

On the whole, the Argentine people are warm and friendly and Hewitt's request for extra security may be perceived as an overreaction, with the tennis star's presence in the football-mad country having - so far - attracted little attention.

Come Friday, though, when the three-day tie commences, Hewitt is sure to be public enemy No.1.

sharpeirob
09-19-2006, 11:11 AM
"I don't know what Hewitt was thinking, that he was coming to Iraq or they are going to plant a bomb, but we are calm," Acasuso told reporters on Tuesday.

OMG I love the Choo more and more

:bowdown:

lau
09-21-2006, 01:00 AM
http://www.clarin.com/diario/2006/09/20/um/m-01275117.htm

That article says that is almost a fact that Chucho will be the "second" singles player. According to the article Luli would take this desicion having in mind that the match against Lleyton would be a very "physical" match. Allways according to the article rain is expected on Friday, but high temperatures too (this is funny..., we`re not having more that 28 ºC as max. temperature these days. These are not so high temperatures....) Chucho trained with David for an hour and a half at midday and and in the afternoon, at 16:00 he hit some balls with Mancini and Arnold while Orsanic was watching (both things were taken as a clues by the journalist) Chucho was in one side of the court and Luli and Arnold in the other. He trained in the stadium.
In one of the auxiliar courts Chela and Calleri trained and Agustín have been volleying more than usual. According to the journalist, this made obvious that Chucho will play the singles and Agustìn the doubles with David on Saturday.

bad gambler
09-21-2006, 01:14 AM
Good to hear - he deserves his singles spot after his performance last tie. Only right that the incumbent gets another shot.

Choupi
09-21-2006, 07:28 AM
Yes I agree, he deserves to play singles. And I learnt that we should get some coverage of DC here. I still don't know how it's gonna happen, as we're supposed to get both ties. But I hope I get to see Chucho at least.

Action Jackson
09-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Lets go Chucho, this is a huge match for him and take your chance big man.

sophia_c
09-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Yep Chucho plays the second rubber against Hewitt with David up first against Philippoussis....bring it on!!!!

sophia_c
09-21-2006, 06:16 PM
Yes I agree, he deserves to play singles. And I learnt that we should get some coverage of DC here. I still don't know how it's gonna happen, as we're supposed to get both ties. But I hope I get to see Chucho at least.

Choupi..I think you will be like me and see only Russia v USA....I have my friends in BSAS all ready to give me full commentary...msn and sms..but apart from that..its livescore :rolleyes:

Action Jackson
09-22-2006, 09:05 AM
The OOP worked out well for Chucho and the team should be up 1-0 before he has to play, he has to focus on his own game and make sure his feet are moving early, cause he has shat himself in some big matches and this is a big one.

With this being said he has the game to do well against Hewitt and make him hit plenty of high balls on his backhand and if he serves well and varies the serve, he should be OK.

Choupi
09-22-2006, 05:10 PM
Choupi..I think you will be like me and see only Russia v USA....I have my friends in BSAS all ready to give me full commentary...msn and sms..but apart from that..its livescore :rolleyes:
Well, I don't know. But not more to wait before I know. Anyway, no live coverage so far. Only late in the evening. *sigh*

Action Jackson
09-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Chucho has to remain focused and was playing well at the end before the rain got in the way and he is down a bp even though he is up 4-0.

The crowd were giving him great support and he was so up and down his level of play, and this has been tough for him so far.

Choupi
09-23-2006, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the updates. I hope I get to see a bit today.

lau
09-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Today will watch the matches properly.... I watched both matches yesterday while working and speaking on the phone :ras: I hope Chucho has a good start and finishes this quickly. It was really annoying how the rain started pouring before Chucho served to defend that BP.....
Thanks for the updates. I hope I get to see a bit today.
I hope you do. :)
I really wanted to watch at least some minutes of the Russia-USA tie and almost nothing was shown on tv here....only the scoreline and a couple of points.

Hendu
09-23-2006, 03:56 PM
Acasuso defeated Hewitt.

And with this win he definetly got the Copero diploma.

Vamos Chucho! :D

sophia_c
09-23-2006, 04:10 PM
I am so happy for him!!!!...Vamos!!!!

Choupi
09-23-2006, 04:28 PM
I hope you do. :)
I really wanted to watch at least some minutes of the Russia-USA tie and almost nothing was shown on tv here....only the scoreline and a couple of points.
We get The USA vs Russia tie live, and only replays, late at night, of Argentina vs Australia. But I'm happy for Chucho. :p

reiko
09-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Wish I could watch the tie...
I found a short clip of Chucho vs Hewitt. Sorry if already posted:
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/scp_v3/viewer/index.php?pid=16471&rn=248153&cl=882966&ch=248154

lau
09-23-2006, 05:32 PM
We get The USA vs Russia tie live, and only replays, late at night, of Argentina vs Australia. But I'm happy for Chucho. :p
Hey! That`s not bad at all! You can watch, replay or not, both ties, lucky girl :D

Choupi
09-23-2006, 06:01 PM
Hey! That`s not bad at all! You can watch, replay or not, both ties, lucky girl :D
Yes, I know. But I'd be ready to sacrifice the opportunity to watch both ties just to get live coverage for Argentina. Livescores will make me insane!! :crazy:

lau
09-23-2006, 07:34 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/lalaurita/smiles/bigbanana.gif

sharpeirob
09-23-2006, 07:38 PM

My words precisely, lau! :banana: :hug:

They won because you were there :yeah:

lau
09-23-2006, 08:18 PM
My words precisely, lau! :banana: :hug:

They won because you were there :yeah:
:lol: I WISH I were there. I was in front of the telly :sad:

bad gambler
09-23-2006, 10:48 PM
I just hope regardless of the surface, Chucho now is allowed to play singles in Russia.

sophia_c
09-24-2006, 12:20 AM

Lovin it Lau!!!!

jayjay
09-24-2006, 03:40 AM
Wish I could watch the tie...
I found a short clip of Chucho vs Hewitt. Sorry if already posted:
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/scp_v3/viewer/index.php?pid=16471&rn=248153&cl=882966&ch=248154

You can't help but smile as you listen to Scud stating that the crowd lacks "class". What is class exactly? Is it wearing Canas-Drug related t-shirts?

He should be happy Diego just had "Chucho" written on his. :lol:

Action Jackson
09-24-2006, 08:36 AM
Well done Chucho I am very happy for him, he held his nerve and was able to come through and sure he has had beaten 5 top 10 players before, but this was different and more memorable cause of what was at stake.

I remember Shotgun Blues and myself got laughed at saying Chucho should play singles at the start of the year.

Hope he had a big night celebrating as he should.

Choupi
09-24-2006, 09:15 AM
I've finally seen the end of his match. As well as a part of the doubles. I'm happy for Argentina, and yes, no doubt they must have been partying hard all night long.

lau
09-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Hope he had a big night celebrating as he should.
I've finally seen the end of his match. As well as a part of the doubles. I'm happy for Argentina, and yes, no doubt they must have been partying hard all night long.
When being asked who will play the others singles Luli and the journalist joked saying it would be the one who gets out of bed earlier :lol:

BTW, Luli couldn`t continue speaking and started crying when he named his wife, who is pregnant, when he was answering who did he dedicate the victory to :awww:
Chucho`s friends and family were there too :D And he said he slept exactly 8 hours without any interruption before finally winning the match. It was funny how was he telling about his sleeping habits to the journalist oncourt after winning :lol:

Action Jackson
09-24-2006, 10:04 AM
I was just listening to an interview with Mancini and he is very emotional and he was the one who believed in Chucho and that is special.

Orsanic and Cristian were there in the front row for Chucho and we know he likes his sleep among other things.

lau
09-24-2006, 10:11 AM
I was just listening to an interview with Mancini and he is very emotional and he was the one who believed in Chucho and that is special.

Orsanic and Cristian were there in the front row for Chucho and we know he likes his sleep among other things.
Yes, Luli is very emotional. :D And the woman doing the oncourt interview said that to him, something like "you were the one who believed in Chucho" or something like that..
Friends from Misiones were in the crowd and I think Chucho named his mother too...., but I might be wrong...

Action Jackson
09-24-2006, 10:14 AM
Luli is a misionero as is Chucho and I really like how Chucho has stepped up and played a role in all of the ties so far.

lau
09-24-2006, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I knew it. I guess they get along really well.
IMHO, one of Luli`s biggest achivements is creating all the conditions to have a DC team whith players that feel they are playing in a team. :) The guys allways say they like the "team spirit".

Action Jackson
09-24-2006, 10:22 AM
IMHO, one of Luli`s biggest achivements is creating all the conditions to have a DC team whith players that feel they are playing in a team. :) The guys allways say they like the "team spirit".

Well it helps when all the players respect him.

lau
09-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Well it helps when all the players respect him.
True and that there are or were no discussions or problems between the players of the team :lol:
Now that tennis and DC is so popular here again, in newspapers, and in the media in general, they allways talk about how Clerc and Vilas played DC doubles matches and won them without speaking to each other :lol:

Action Jackson
09-24-2006, 10:48 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=&xml=/sport/2006/09/24/stdav224.xml

Acasuso heroics help Argentina reach final

Argentina reached the Davis Cup final for the second time when victory in the doubles gave them an unassailable 3-0 lead over Australia in Buenos Aires yesterday.

David Nalbandian, a former runner-up at Wimbledon, and Agustin Calleri beat Paul Hanley and Wayne Arthurs 6-4 6-4 7-5 to put the Argentines, losing finalists in 1981, into December's final against either Russia or the United States.

Russia led 2-1 in the other semi-final in Moscow after the American twins Bob and Mike Bryan beat Mikhail Youzhny and Dmitry Tursunov 6-3 6-4 6-2.

Nalbandian had given Argentina their first point by beating Mark Philippoussis in the opening singles on Friday and Jose Acasuso finished off a see-saw five-set win over Lleyton Hewitt early yesterday.

The second rubber had been suspended due to rain and fading light on Friday evening with Acasuso 4-0 up in the fifth set.

After completing a 1-6 6-4 4-6 6-2 6-1 victory, Acasuso said: "I've beaten higher-ranked players in the past but to win at home in a Davis Cup semi-final with 14,000 people watching me here makes it one of the most important wins of my career."

Hewitt, the former world No 1, said the turning point came early in the fourth set when he squandered three break points and had his serve broken in the next game, before Acasuso went on to reel off eight games in a row. "It was not taking those half chances which made the difference," he said.

maria87
09-24-2006, 03:38 PM

oh that's for sure!! i think as you that they get along very well! and luly gave all the confidence to Chucho! :wavey: and created a great team!

maria87
09-24-2006, 03:42 PM
and Chucho did great vs Hewitt!!

grande Chucho!! he was not stable but he did it! he played brilliant points and after that he played some very bad! but he could handle the pressure and win it! :worship: :worship:

the question is if he will play vs Russia! and if Argentina could win...I think Marat will win his 2 singles but could Argentina win doubles and the other 2 singles?

Chucho has a 2-0 vs Marat but always on clay, so i don't think Luly will pick him for hard courts....Nalbandian never does well vs Marat and he won't this time neither, in Moscow!! so i think for Argentina is very difficult thing to win in Moscow.

sophia_c
09-24-2006, 03:50 PM
It will be a very tough final for them..I was so hoping it could be in BSAS.....I really wanted to be there and not have to wait until Feb...but...its not meant to be....so now we have to look forward and hope that Chucho is given the chance again...I guess the Russians will pick a surface similar to the indoor tournament..that will make it hard....but its the final..all to play for and its been 25 years...so maybe....just maybe

maria87
09-24-2006, 04:05 PM
hi, sophia!

yes if the finals were Argentina-Usa in Buenos Aires, well that would be a different story...but of course Russia will pick a surface not good for argentina and i don't know if Chucho could play indoors fast surface! :eek:

sophia_c
09-24-2006, 04:16 PM
Hi Maria..thanks for the pm...I did it...I will pm you back now...ok...

Choupi
09-24-2006, 04:20 PM
I have to disagree here. It's true that Chucho's fave surface is clay. It's true that he's had his best results so far on that surface. But.........I think we shouldn't erase his name so fast from the list of players who can play against Russia on fast indoor courts. And I hope Luli shares my views. I mean, it's a final. They have finally composed a team that recognizes the team spirit and that enjoys playing together. I personally think that it would be a mistake to change it now that they have reached the final. Chucho can play good tennis on fast courts, he's proven it. So, if he isn't totally paralyzed by the importance of the event -and that is where Mancini has a great role to play- he sure has a good chance to take. Only my opinion. :)

sophia_c
09-24-2006, 04:26 PM
I have to disagree here. It's true that Chucho's fave surface is clay. It's true that he's had his best results so far on that surface. But.........I think we shouldn't erase his name so fast from the list of players who can play against Russia on fast indoor courts. And I hope Luli shares my views. I mean, it's a final. They have finally composed a team that recognizes the team spirit and that enjoys playing together. I personally think that it would be a mistake to change it now that they have reached the final. Chucho can play good tennis on fast courts, he's proven it. So, if he isn't totally paralyzed by the importance of the event -and that is where Mancini has a great role to play- he sure has a good chance to take. Only my opinion. :)

I agree totally with you..he shoudl be given the chance...he has proved he can do it and to all the doubters who say he chokes..he did't when it matters for his country and thats the difference...I hope he plays....this will give him a lot of confidence....so go Chucho!!!!!

maria87
09-24-2006, 11:23 PM

i agree also, choupi!! i didn't say Chucho cannot play! indeed i was one of the first defending his game on fast surfaces! :wavey:

maybe i didn't express myself properly! i was trying to say that I don't know if Luly would pick up him! he didn't against Slovakia and we lost! i thought Chucho should have played there :worship:

jayjay
09-27-2006, 01:17 AM
I think Marat will win his 2 singles but could Argentina win doubles and the other 2 singles?

Chucho has a 2-0 vs Marat but always on clay, so i don't think Luly will pick him for hard courts....Nalbandian never does well vs Marat and he won't this time neither, in Moscow!! so i think for Argentina is very difficult thing to win in Moscow.

If Safin is anywhere near his top level - he can take 2 rubbers for Russia. However, as much as I respect Safin's game and ability he has had a patchy year (and that's being kind). I don't think he is a guarantee for 2 Russian wins.

El Rey has a dreadful record against Marat, but he still has a fair chance at beating him. Their USO match could have gone either way. 4 years ago they met in DC on carpet and after 2 TB sets, Safin ran away with the match when they were both working on empty after the epic doubles the day before.

I think it's very possible that Nalbandian beats Davydenko (or whoever the Russians put up), that we win the doubles.........and then it's just looking for that crucial 3rd win, which could come again from Nalbandian, or hopefully one of Chucho, Calleri or Chela snagging a victory somewhere.

Whatever happens I think the potential is there for a great DC final that can go to the wire, but I'll be happy to take 3-0 and make it an anti-climax. :lol:

anna10
09-27-2006, 04:58 AM
I was happy to see Chucho hold on and win a match where he'd been so up and down, esp against a tough opponent like Hewitt. Here's hoping it's a positive sign for the future for him.

Action Jackson
11-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Not too far away from the final and Chucho will be in the squad with Cañas as the back up player.

Chucho will probably play doubles, though I just hope he can show the excellent form he has shown so far in his short DC career.

kai.
11-21-2006, 04:33 AM
Chucho con david, chela calleri y cañas van a traer la ensaladera a kasa.. :P

lau
11-27-2006, 04:41 PM
:lol: I didn´t realize there was a special thread for DC :silly:
Well, it seems the surface is not as fast as Luli and the team expected http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4503977&postcount=453

Action Jackson
11-28-2006, 09:40 AM
The big man has been an integral part of the DC team this year and he deserves a thread for his efforts.

As for the surface, well that makes things interesting if it isn't so quick.

lau
11-28-2006, 11:12 AM
:lol: I know, it was just that I didn´t noticed it and kept posting the DC news in the other thread. :smash:

BTW, interesting little details in this article. Will try to summarize later, unless WillyCañas does it in GM before :lol:
http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v4/pagina.jsp?pagId=01317607&fecha=20061128

Action Jackson
11-28-2006, 11:15 AM
:lol: I know, it was just that I didn´t noticed it and kept posting the DC news in the other thread. :smash:

BTW, interesting little details in this article. Will try to summarize later, unless WillyCañas does it in GM before :lol:
http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v4/pagina.jsp?pagId=01317607&fecha=20061128

You can never have enough DC or Chucho news and I appreciate it and I like WillyCañas both the player and the poster.

lau
11-28-2006, 01:56 PM

Done http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4507101&postcount=37
the article is about what Mancini said in an interview

Action Jackson
11-28-2006, 02:37 PM
Thanks lauita and the question will the fine team of "Nalbasuso" be playing doubles?

lau
11-28-2006, 03:05 PM
It seems Agustín has been doing well during practise today and might be 2nd singles player, so I guess it might be a "Nalbasuso" doubles team.
Maybe we´ll have a better idea tomorrow, according to what Luli said that on Wednesday and Thursday he´ll focus on the work with singles players.
I read somewhere that he wants to decide the players for each match as soon as possible, too. I guess the issue is whether he´ll make everything possible to keep it secret till the last minute or not.

Action Jackson
11-28-2006, 03:11 PM
I think Calleri's game is better suited to this surface than say Chucho mainly cause of the big swings of Chucho and Calleri is more compact in regards to the low bouncing surface.

Luli can have an idea in his head what he wants, but whether he announces it early remains to be seen.

lau
11-28-2006, 03:18 PM
Yes, I agree about Calleri.
I read too many articles, so I don´t remember where :lol:, but I read somewhere that yesterday was Marat´s turn to throw and break racquets and today it was Chucho´s :p

Action Jackson
11-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Funny how Chucho is a big guy, but Gaston is a little midget compared to him and Gaston does a better job killing racquets.

lau
11-28-2006, 03:29 PM
Gastón masters the biomechanics of it :cool:

Action Jackson
12-03-2006, 10:41 AM
The rumour is strong that Acasuso could play the 5th match.

Choupi
12-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Well, I'd say it's more than a simple rumour. Chucho hasn't been in the stands with the team so far, for the Nalle match. Neither Orsanic. But Calleri & Chela have been loudly cheering, so, unless this is some special way from Luli to fake something, I think Chucho should be the 5th match, if they go to the 5th of course. :)

Action Jackson
12-03-2006, 12:22 PM
Nalle needs to do the job, so Chucho can play in a live 5th match.

Choupi
12-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Yes, I hope Nalle does the job. But I won't get to see that 5th match. At least, not live. Those idiots have cut coverage for horse jumping. I have no idea when it's gonna be back to tennis. :banghead: But vamos Argentina anyway!! :bounce:

lau
12-03-2006, 01:06 PM
I could literally feel my heart beating during all the last 4th set half. :unsure:

GO CHUCHO!!!!!! :bounce:

Yes, I hope Nalle does the job. But I won't get to see that 5th match. At least, not live. Those idiots have cut coverage for horse jumping. I have no idea when it's gonna be back to tennis. :banghead: But vamos Argentina anyway!! :bounce:
:smash:

Action Jackson
12-03-2006, 01:12 PM
This is the dream Chucho, time to live the dream and vamos you big stoner.

Choupi
12-03-2006, 01:50 PM
:smash:
And believe me, it's nothing compared to how I'm feeling right now.

Action Jackson
12-03-2006, 01:54 PM
The Oaf got the 1st set.

Action Jackson
12-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Chucho has to fight hard and he is doing well considering and he needs to break 2-2.

Action Jackson
12-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Take these break points Chucho.

Action Jackson
12-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Vamos Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucho

Got to confirm the break of serve now big man.

Action Jackson
12-03-2006, 02:28 PM
5-2 Chucho

Time to break him here.

Action Jackson
12-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Vamos Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucho

3-6 6-3 and now lets keep the momentum going.

lau
12-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Chucho :hug:
It was an really good match...

Blue Heart24
12-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Chucho was so sad at the end :sad:
:hug:

Action Jackson
12-03-2006, 04:20 PM
That easy missed forehand in the breaker for Chucho, but he was so brave and I am proud of his efforts and the whole team for the season.

Aleka
12-03-2006, 04:21 PM
oh god, seing chucho cry like that broke my heart in little pieces :sobbing: god this has been so unfair...I never want my 2 favorite guys facing each other in such an important event!!!! :sobbing: :sobbing: but I am sooo proud of Chucho for how he played :worship:

Denaon
12-03-2006, 04:22 PM
That easy missed forehand in the breaker for Chucho, but he was so brave and I am proud of his efforts and the whole team for the season.
Agree 100%
I believe everyone is really proud of him and the rest of the team :yeah:
No luck this year....maybe the next one

Chucho :worship:

Choupi
12-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Yes, I'm proud of Chucho, like everyone else in his team. It was great to see them all surrounding him, when he was crying. And then, Safin came and hugged him. That was nice to see. Congrats Argentina. Maybe next year.

lau
12-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Yes, I´m really proud of Chuchito :hatoff: :hug:
I hope he bounces back as soon as possible

RogiFan88
12-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Well done for taking a set under enormous pressure, Chucho! :yeah:

Argentina will do it next time! (And CHI will take care of RUS in the first round next year!) :devil:

Action Jackson
12-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Chucho has to bounce back after this experience and he can be stronger, The losing serve to love after breaking back was so vital in the context of this match.

RogiFan88
12-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Yes, I hope this makes him more determined next time! Vamos Chucho! :)

maria87
12-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Congrats chucho!!!!!!!!!!!!

he played very well, no matter the pressure, i am glad to see he finally showed how good he can be even on fast surfaces!! he saved a match point

and Marat said to the press: "JOsé played a great match, it was just a little bit lack of experience!" :worship: :worship:

maria87
12-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Chucho has to bounce back after this experience and he can be stronger, The losing serve to love after breaking back was so vital in the context of this match.

yes, this is true....maybe as Marat said was a little bit lack of experience. He will learn from this match i think.

maria87
12-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Yes, I'm proud of Chucho, like everyone else in his team. It was great to see them all surrounding him, when he was crying. And then, Safin came and hugged him. That was nice to see. Congrats Argentina. Maybe next year.

you see?? only Marat has that big heart to the oppoenent after a win :wavey: i just observed the same as you.
Marat hugged one by one all the Argentinian team after hugging Chucho the first.

takuma
12-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Chucho was fighting till the end, that was some performance:hatoff: The DC Cup will be yours next time big guy! :hug:

marti_228
12-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Chucho!!

Sony_chucha
12-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Vamos Chuchoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sos Un Maestrooooooo!!!!!!

T Adoro!!!!

Clara Bow
12-03-2006, 06:59 PM
yes, this is true....maybe as Marat said was a little bit lack of experience. He will learn from this match i think.

I agree- he was so good at not seeming lost in the moment for most of the match, but at that moment he did seem inexperienced.

All in all- a great match by Chucho- even if it was a losing effort. I always enjoy watching his matches and I hope that he begins to have more regular success both for him and, frankly for me- because I want to be able to see him more on TV. :)

*Ljubica*
12-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Just wanted to say well done to Chucho and his fans for his performance against Marat today. He played extremely well and can take only positives out of that performance I'm sure. Good luck to him in 2007.

lau
12-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Rosie :kiss:

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2006/12/03/um/m-01321137.htm

Por su parte, Acasuso dijo que "estoy triste, como lo estamos todos, pero soy conciente de que dejé todo en la cancha y me voy conforme con eso". Chucho añadió que "Safin jugó en un gran nivel y yo perdí el cuarto set en el tie break, así que me voy satisfecho. Creo que con el tiempo voy a poder valorar más este momento".

Acasuso said "I am sad, as every one of us is, but I´m conscious that I left everything in the court and I´m 'satisfied' (this is not exactly the word) with that" Chucho added "Safin played in at a great level and I lost the fourth set in the tie break, so I´m going satisfied. I think that with time I´ll be able to value more this moment".

girL_
12-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Chucho played really well today. It was a fight of equal rivals.
although I admit, I cheered for Marat, I was astonished at Jose's level of the game! and his serve is amazing. And I really felt sorry for him in the end =( but his teammates were there to support him.. hope he'll recover soon. :hug:

maria87
12-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Rosie :kiss:

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2006/12/03/um/m-01321137.htm

Por su parte, Acasuso dijo que "estoy triste, como lo estamos todos, pero soy conciente de que dejé todo en la cancha y me voy conforme con eso". Chucho añadió que "Safin jugó en un gran nivel y yo perdí el cuarto set en el tie break, así que me voy satisfecho. Creo que con el tiempo voy a poder valorar más este momento".

Acasuso said "I am sad, as every one of us is, but I´m conscious that I left everything in the court and I´m 'satisfied' (this is not exactly the word) with that" Chucho added "Safin played in at a great level and I lost the fourth set in the tie break, so I´m going satisfied. I think that with time I´ll be able to value more this moment".

thanks for Chucho's words!! you are really nice! :hug:

and he was great, i am happy to see he can appreciate he did well.

maria87
12-03-2006, 08:45 PM
I agree- he was so good at not seeming lost in the moment for most of the match, but at that moment he did seem inexperienced.

All in all- a great match by Chucho- even if it was a losing effort. I always enjoy watching his matches and I hope that he begins to have more regular success both for him and, frankly for me- because I want to be able to see him more on TV. :)

:yeah:

maria87
12-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Just wanted to say well done to Chucho and his fans for his performance against Marat today. He played extremely well and can take only positives out of that performance I'm sure. Good luck to him in 2007.

thanks for your words and kindness, Rosie! we need more people like you here:inlove:

Action Jackson
12-04-2006, 04:15 AM
Chucho may look stoned at worst or asleep at best a lot of the time, but he gives thoughtful answers in general and thanks lau for translating that comment.

This is just another step among many and you learn more from painful defeats.

Choupi
12-04-2006, 05:24 AM
Thanks Lau for passing on the comments. I'm glad to know he feels satisfied of his performance. True that he can. :)

lau
12-04-2006, 11:51 AM
http://www.daviscup.com/news/matchreport.asp?id=13989
03 Dec 2006 - Olympic Stadium, Moscow, Russia - Joanne Burnham - RUS v ARG

Safin meets his destiny as he brings the Cup home

It was the same, but different. Marat Safin had been here before, having helped Russia to lift the Davis Cup in 2002 by playing three matches in three days. But this time, he had won the third point in a decisive fifth rubber, and done so in his hometown in front of his adoring public. It doesn’t get much better for any player.

Safin defeated Jose Acasuso 63 36 63 76(5) to hand Russia the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas for the second time, denying Argentina the chance to become just the 13th different nation to raise the priceless trophy. This triumph in Moscow permanently banishes the memory of painful losses in the Davis Cup Finals held in this city in 1994 and 1995. Russia is a vastly different country to what it was then, and this is a completely different team, one representative of the new Russian order. With its strength in depth, other nations should be warned: it has the potential to dominate the world’s biggest team competition for many years to come.

Safin chosen over Tursunov

“This one is the most valuable one,” said an elated Safin about this Davis Cup title. He admitted that his captain Shamil Tarpischev had had to choose between fielding him or Dmitry Tursunov in the decisive singles, but in the end went for him.

If the 2002 victory hinged on Mikhail Youzhny, who was on the team this weekend but ultimately played no part, this 2006 triumph was all about Marat Safin, the lowest-ranked but most iconic of the hosts’ line-up, who said he was prepared to play all three days and recovered from a disastrous start in this final to redeem himself – and his below average season – in spectacular fashion.

“I would say I had a rather good finish of the year,” said Safin in typical laconic fashion. “It motivates you well to stay in tennis and to continue your career. The victory in the Davis Cup is about one of the best events in one's career.”

Acasuso contributed to quality match

The fifth rubber of the 2006 Davis Cup Final was a high-quality affair, and Jose Acasuso played no small part in that. He was thrown into the fray at the 11th hour, David Nalbandian having forced the decider with a four-set win over Nikolay Davydenko in Sunday’s first singles match.

Acasuso, Argentina’s No. 2 player and the world No. 27, is just one ranking spot lower than Safin, and led the Russia 2-1 in previous encounters. But the two-time Grand Slam champion’s greater experience in big matches both in and out of Davis Cup was crucial to a win that left the Argentine shattered and in tears at the side of the court.

“We both tried to play our best game because otherwise we had no chance,” said Safin. “I had no chance to beat Chucho Acasuso because he was playing great tennis, serving well and pretty solid from the baseline. It was a big tournament for him, a big final, and unfortunately lack of experience was the key here in important moments.”

Acasuso: “I’m sad”

“I'm sad for having lost,” said a devastated Acasuso. “I'm sad because I gave it a hundred percent. I showed a great level of game. It didn't work for us. On the one hand I feel sad because we did everything, we were so close to it. On the other hand, I'm happy with the way I played today.”

This was the 20th time that a Davis Cup Final has gone to the decisive fifth rubber, and the fourth time in the last six years. With the weight of history perhaps pressing heavier on Acasuso’s shoulders, the Argentine got off to a disastrous start. Safin meanwhile couldn’t miss, his powerful serving confirming the turnaround that had begun with Saturday’s doubles victory, after his dismal loss to Nalbandian on Friday.

Opening set to Safin

One break of Acasuso’s serve in the second game of the match was enough to give Safin the opening set in 30 minutes. The Argentine looked out of his depth in what was just his third live Davis Cup rubber, having only made his debut in the competition at the beginning of 2006.

But the Argentine was getting more comfortable with his surroundings, and began to work his way into the match at the end of the first set. He started to pressurise the Safin serve more in the second, and having survived two break points when leading 3-2, used that momentum to get a break himself in the next game, sealing it with a stunning crosscourt forehand winner.

This match, by far the best of the Final, was all about winners created from angles and hit deep into the corners, about solid serving and subtle changes of pace. It was also all about the crowd – every seat in the 11,500-seater arena was full, with the majority 10,000 Russian spectators putting all their heart into drowning out the vociferous travelling band of 1,000 Argentines.

Second set Acasuso

Acasuso’s break secured him the second set, and the final was all square again. But Safin broke in the second game of the third set, and Acasuso lost his focus, using a medical timeout for treatment to his right ankle after the fifth game as a chance to regroup.

It seemed to do the trick – he held in spectacular fashion and then broke back for a 4-3 lead, but the South Americans’ joy was short-lived, as Safin immediately went up another break. A service hold for the Russian handed him a two-sets-to-one lead, and the Davis Cup title was within reach.

Tense tiebreak

With the tension and the quality of the tennis cranked up still higher in the fourth set, both men were untouchable on their serve in the decider, forcing the first tiebreak of the weekend at the most crucial moment. Safin got ahead first, his 16th and final ace of the match helping to opening up a 4-2 lead, and then he had two match points at 6-4. Acasuso valiantly saved the first, but destiny was on Safin’s side, and he closed out his momentous victory with yet another unreturnable serve.

Triumph for Russia; disaster for Argentina

The Russian stumbled, dazed, into the arms of his teammates as they invaded the court and hoisted him onto their shoulders in what is now a Russian tradition. Triumph on one side of the net was balanced by disaster on the other as Acasuso sat with his head in his hands on the Argentine bench, inconsolable.

Argentina’s captain, Alberto Mancini, admitted that the doubles rubber on Saturday had probably been pivotal to the outcome of the final, and that the visitors had been surprised at how easily they’d lost that match. But after watching his team come so close to lifting the Davis Cup trophy, he said, “I'm proud of every member of the team. They did everything they could. They left everything inside the court. They really played very good during the weekend.”

Said Russian captain Tarpischev, “There is part of the truth to what he [Mancini] says because the doubles was a key to the tie in many senses. You also have to look at the whole series of five rubbers. You have to look at the work load.”

Tarpischev right again

When asked why he finally chose Safin over Tursunov to play the crucial rubber, Tarpischev responded: “What spoke in favour of Marat was the expertise he had in such matches. He went through all the trials and tribulations in his career. He had more expertise. It was clear to me that he could be playing a bit worse or a bit better, but he can't just fail in such kind of match.”

As has so often been the case as this wise captain has steered his charges to the Davis Cup title this year, Tarpischev was proved right in Moscow this weekend.

maria87
12-04-2006, 01:46 PM
For those who coudln't see the march, highlights by Alexito :)

http://safinartenis.forumcircle.com/viewtopic.php?t=370

anna10
12-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Rosie, thanks for the nice comments.

It was a very good match, and a good way for a tight tie to finish. I didn't think anything was impossible but was realistic enough to know that Chucho winning would be a tough battle. I was happy to see him stay together through the whole match and not let the moment overtake what he was doing. I hope the experience will carry on with him in the future and we won't see so much of the self-destruction we've seen in the past.

I'm glad he feels good about what he did. I know it can't be an easy moment, but there was nothing to be ashamed of in the match.

lau
12-04-2006, 09:46 PM
It seems that after the DC final Russian and ARG team celebrated together :cool:
Aparently everyone drinked a lot, specially Nalbi :tape: :lol:
http://www.tden.ru/articles/sport/005010/
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4529280&postcount=5358
I posted the photo in the pics thread

maria87
12-04-2006, 10:30 PM
Marat admitted that he was pretty scared during the match with Chucho and then said this about Chucho's performance, which i great thing

"Acasuso proved himself well — he served well and was confident on this surface. But he never played in such a match before, and my experience paid off," Safin said.

:worship:

lau
12-05-2006, 11:53 AM
http://www.clarin.com/diario/2006/12/05/um/m-01322314.htm
Mancini said he´ll continue as Captain.
The team arrived to Ezeiza (except Nalbandian that had his ticket reserved in other company as he flew to Geneva from Shanghai).
In the same plane most of the fans that flew from Arg. came back. They cheered the team up during all the trip and one of the most heard things was "ole, ole, ole, ole, Chucho, Chucho" :lol:

Truc
12-05-2006, 03:24 PM
I'm just lurking most of the time, so I wanted to say a general big THANK YOU for all the articles, translations, pics, etc. here and in the forums of all the players involved in the DC final, Lau & the other Arg. posters. It's been awesome to follow the DC final, thanks so much for your hard work. :yeah:

anna10
12-05-2006, 06:32 PM
For Spanish speakers, here's a short video clip of an interview with Chucho (and one from Mancini) - http://www.lanacion.com.ar/deportiva/nota.asp?nota_id=864975

I only read a little spanish, don't speak at all, so can't help with what he's saying or if it's just a repeat of what's in the article.

lau
12-05-2006, 07:14 PM
For Spanish speakers, here's a short video clip of an interview with Chucho (and one from Mancini) - http://www.lanacion.com.ar/deportiva/nota.asp?nota_id=864975

I only read a little spanish, don't speak at all, so can't help with what he's saying or if it's just a repeat of what's in the article.

It´s as literal as I could translate it, so maybe something doesn´t sound well in English ;)

"In the sport, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose and I think that what´s most important is that we left all in it. And before the tie started we said that if we had to lose and come back home we wanted to do it with our heads up (In Spanish the expression is "forehead up") knowing we did everything possible to win. That´s the tranquillity we have that we did everything and this time it was not enough."

Then someone asks something about 2007 and Chucho replies.

"It´s too soon yet to think about it, now..."

He is interrupted: "It will be soon..."

Chucho replies: "Yes, but we all have to chat first and see if Luli continues, and see which players want to continue and who doesn´t and set the DC goals for next year"

lau
01-31-2007, 05:15 AM
*BUMP* :p
Chucho is officially in the team for the tie against Austria in Linz.
It will be tougher, no doubt. I just hope he is able to repeat the performance of previous ties. :)

Action Jackson
01-31-2007, 05:16 AM
He has to lift his game.

lau
01-31-2007, 03:05 PM
El viernes, practica en Parque Roca
Alberto Mancini contará con el resto del equipo argentino (José Acasuso, Juan Martín del Potro y Sebastián Prieto, quien perdió en el doble de Viña del Mar) practicarán este viernes en Parque Roca. La ocasión también servirá para presentar a la Corporación Sur como sponsor principal del equipo. El sábado a las 15, los muchachos viajarán a Linz por Lufthansa, con escala en Frankfurt (Alemania).

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2007/01/31/01354931.html

rough translation:
Mancini will have a practise with the team (except from Cañas who is already in Europe) this Friday in Parque Roca. Corporación Sur will be presented as main sponsor of the team in that occasion.
Saturday 3 pm the guys will take a Lufthansa plane to Linz, via Frankfurt.

lau
02-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Practice was suspended due to the high temperatures.
Only Chucho and Prieto were in Parque Roca because Del Potro didn´t arrive from Tandil yet.

And here is a short interview from Olé

José said he is prepared to play the 3 days. That last year he played better in the tour because he played DC too, etc, etc, etc. Will try to translate it later. ;)
(photo in the photo´s thread)

COPA DAVIS: ACASUSO ES EL UNICO FINALISTA QUE ESTARA EN LA SERIE CON AUSTRIA

"Estoy dispuesto a jugar los tres días"

Aunque dice que no se siente líder, José se postula para ser el as de espadas de Luli: "Llego preparado".

BERNARDO VAZQUEZ bvazquez@ole.com.ar

Sonrisa bien ancha, como de costumbre, José Acasuso saluda a Olé. Nada cambió en Chucho desde diciembre, fecha en la que, pese a caer en el quinto punto de la final con Rusia, su nombre quedó inscripto en la historia grande del tenis argentino. "Todavía dura la bronca por haber perdido la final, pero a medida que pase el tiempo vamos a poder disfrutar mucho más lo que logramos", relata el misionero, único finalista que estará en el debut ante Austria.

—Sin Nalbandian, Calleri y Chela, aparecés como el abanderado del equipo. ¿Lo sentís así?

—Al ser el de mejor ranking, se puede decir que soy el abanderado. Pero no me siento líder, todos somos importantes. Por eso no tengo ninguna presión extra, sólo soy uno más.

—Sólo pasaron dos meses de la final y ya hay que jugar de nuevo...

—Sí, es todo muy pronto, eso es lo malo. Pero también tiene su lado positivo: hay revancha rápida, así que ya tenemos la cabeza puesta en esta serie con Austria, que será clave.

—¿Cómo llegás?

—Muy bien preparado, aunque me hubiera gustado llegar con mayor ritmo de competencia: este año jugué un solo partido, en Australia. Pero en Linz vamos a entrenar bastante. Estoy dispuesto a jugar los tres días si es necesario.

—¿Qué sabés de Jürgen Melzer y Stefan Koubek, los singlistas austríacos?

—Con Melzer jugué en Miami 2005 y le gané. Contra Koubek no me enfrenté, lo que sé es que estaba semirretirado y ahora volvió a andar bien. Igual no me preocupan demasiado; sé que si hago las cosas bien les puedo ganar a los dos.

—¿La rapidez de la superficie te preocupa?

—Siempre está la duda de cómo va a ser la cancha, pero esta vez es sólo una cuestión de curiosidad, no de preocupación. Ya hemos demostrado que podemos ganarle a cualquiera en cualquier superficie.

—¿Te ves en el doble jugando con Prieto?

—Es una variante más, pero falta mucho. Con él venimos jugando desde hace dos años, pero habrá que ver qué decide Mancini.

—¿En cuánto perjudica priorizar la Davis por sobre el calendario?

—Se sacrifican torneos y descansos. Para mí ésta es una fecha muy complicada, ya que en el 2006 gané Viña del Mar y me hubiera gustado defender el título. Pero no me quejo. Me encantó jugar la Davis el año pasado y las mayores alegrías las viví en la Copa. Por eso decido resignar torneos: en el 2006 jugué menos ATP por la Davis y fue mi mejor año. Espero que se repita la historia.

—¿Austria parece más difícil ahora por la ausencia de Nalbandian?

—Obviamente, David es un gran jugador y su ausencia se siente. Pero Argentina tiene recambio, yo confío en el equipo. Además, Austria ahora va a tener más presión: si jugaba David iban a decir "no somos favoritos". Ahora ya están diciendo que están 50 y 50, nos sacan la presión. Va a estar muy buena la serie.

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2007/02/03/01356568.html

bad gambler
02-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Apologies if this is a stupid question, just catching up on Chucho news now but any word whether he will be playing the DC singles?

lau
02-05-2007, 01:32 PM
As far as I know, there´s no "official" confirmation he`ll do it and Mancini didn´t say anything about the team, BUT imho it is sure he´ll be playing singles.
He is considered the stronger figure of the team in this moment and in the interview I posted (and I promise I´ll translate tonight :p ) he says he is willing to play the 3 days.

EDIT: Now that I see what I posted...., I don´t mean he´ll play the 3 days, but I think he´ll play a singles match, at least that´s what I think...
BTW, I didn´t finish the interview, will post it tomorrow morning. I´m sure we´ll have more news tomorrow, by that time there will be reports about practice in the new...

lau
02-06-2007, 07:20 AM
ok, crappy translation, but I preferred posting it instead of taking more time :p
If something is not understood or you have any doubt, ask... and yeah, he does sound VERY confident :lol:

DAVIS CUP: ACASUSO IS THE ONLY FINALIST THAT WILL BE IN THE TIE AGAINST AUSTRIA
”I am willing to play the three days”

Even though he says he doesn´t feel leader, José candidates himself behind Luli´s back: “I arrive prepared”.

BERNARDO VAZQUEZ bvazquez@ole.com.ar

Big smile, as always, José Acasuso greets Olé. Nothing changed in Chucho since December, date in which, despite losing the fifth point in the final against Russia, his name was written in the history of big tennis. “The pain/anger (with not such a strong meaning) for having lost the final stil remains, but as time goes by we´ll be able to enjoy much more what we did”, says the misionero, only finalist that will be in the debut against Austria.

-Without Nalbandian, Calleri, Chela you appear as the ‘flagman’ (leader) of the team. Do you feel it that way?

-Maybe because I have the best ranking it could be said that I´m the ‘flagman’ (leader). But I don´t feel leader, we are all important. That´s why I don´t have any extra pressure, I´m just one more.

-It only passed two months since the final and it you have to play again…

-Yes, it´s very soon, that´s bad. But it also has its positive side: there´s a quick ‘revenge’ (again, the meaning is not so strong), so we already have our minds in the tie against Austria, which will be a key one.

-How do you arrive to it?

-Very well prepared, although I wished I reached with more competition rhythm: this year I played only one match, in Australia. But in Linz we´ll train enough. I´m willing to play the three days if it´s necessary.

-What do you know of Jürgen Melzer and Stefan Koubek, the Austrian singles players?

-I played against Melzer in Miami 2005 and I won. I didn´t face Koubek, what I know is that he was semi-retired and now he is doing well again. Anyway they don´t worry me a lot; I know that if I makes things well I can beat both.

-Does the ‘speed’ of the surface worry you?

-There´s always the doubt about how will the court be, but this time it´s only a matter of curiosity, not of preoccupation. We already proved that we can defeat anyone in any surface.

- Do you see yourself playing the doubles with Prieto?

-It´s another option, but there´s still a lot of time. We have been playing for two years with him, but we´ll have to wait what Mancini decides.

-How much does it affect (in a negative way) making of the DC a priority over the tour calendar?

-You sacrifice tournaments and rest. For me this is a very complicated moment, since I won Viña del Mar in 2006 and I would liked to defend the title. But I don´t complain. I loved playing DC last year and I lived the biggest joys in DC. That´s why I decide to ‘give up’ (?) tournaments: in 2006 I played less ATP for the Davis Cup and it was my best year. I hope the story is repeated.

-Does Austria seem more difficult due to Nalbandian´s absence?

-Obviously, David is a great player and his absence is felt. But Argentina has got other players and I trust in the team. Moreover Austria will have more pressure: if David played they would have said “we are not favorites”. Now they are saying they are 50-50, they take pressure off us. This tie will be very good.

Action Jackson
02-06-2007, 07:32 AM
Thanks lau and it's interesting that Chucho is focusing on DC more than his own individual career, unlike some players.

Choupi
02-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the translation Lau. I guess this another evidence that Chucho is a real DC player, who perfectly knows where his priorities are.

lau
02-06-2007, 06:35 PM
You´re welcome :)

Acording to Olé José will be playing singles for sure and the doubt is whether Cañas or JMDP should play the other singles.
Luli also said that surface is faster than the one in Russia, but the ball bounces a little higher they guys adapted well to it.
About the doubles match he said "Chucho played a lot of matches with Sebastián" :lol: Nothing new, but...
He didn´t say the team yet. It is suposed to be known today. :)

links in spanish:
http://www.clarin.com/diario/2007/02/06/um/m-01358626.htm
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/deportiva/nota.asp?nota_id=881275&pid=2017588&toi=5235
http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2007/02/06/um/01358618.html

lau
02-06-2007, 08:38 PM
No news. Luli said he´ll know the team tomorrow night , but I guess he won´t give the info till Thursday.
I´ll try to translate some things from this article about the team practice later. It seems the ball 'slips' and turns much faster when it touches the lines...

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/881211

Action Jackson
02-07-2007, 06:12 AM
Well it's time to be the man Chucho.

maria87
02-07-2007, 12:19 PM
an interview, i don't know if this is the palce to post, from today in La Nación

Chucho say: "Everyone is important in the team"

Tenis | La Copa Davis

"Todos somos importantes"

José Acasuso creció como jugador en su primer año en la Ensaladera; con la ausencia de Nalbandian, será el primer jugador del equipo, pero no se siente el líder del equipo; "para ganar la Copa todos pensamos igual y ninguno se cree mejor que el otro", afirmó

LINZ, Austria.- La imagen de la escala en Francfort vale. Al revés de la mayoría de los aeropuertos, en éste, uno de los más importantes de Europa, el espacio para fumadores es más grande que para los que prefieren el aire puro. De a poco, el grupo argentino comenzó a juntarse alrededor de las altas y pequeñas mesas de la zona libre de tabaco, hasta ocupar la mitad del lugar. José Acasuso empezó a manejar los tiempos de la buena onda, se puso a recordar chistes de otras series con el profesor Claudio Galasso y tiró alguno propio. Las risas coparon el lugar, mientras algunos pasajeros en tránsito miraban con cierta curiosidad. Los argentinos siempre nos reímos fuerte.

Exactamente ése es el lugar que hoy, sin proponérselo, tomó Chucho en el equipo argentino de la Copa Davis que desde pasado mañana jugará por la primera rueda ante Austria. Es el que siempre tiene algo gracioso para aportar, o alguna ironía que no hiere y sí distiende, o algún comentario picante en el momento justo. Pasa en el Arcotel Nike, frente al Danubio, por las mañanas o las noches, o en el Intersport Arena, donde la delegación pasa casi todo el día.

En un año le pasaron muchas cosas a Chucho. En febrero del año último debutó en la Davis, durante la temporada creció en el ranking y se afianzó en el equipo argentino, y el gran quinto punto disputado en la final ante Rusia, frente a Marat Safin, casi le puso el cartel de jugador copero. Hoy es el tenista N° 1 del equipo por primera vez, pero él se pone lejos del papel de líder.

-¿Cómo estás en esta nueva posición de ser el N° 1 del equipo?

-No pienso en eso, porque acá somos un equipo y los cuatro jugadores somos igualmente importantes. Si a mí me toca jugar los tres días, o uno, o no me toca jugar, está bien. Lo importante es que el equipo gane. Creo que los cuatro chicos que estamos acá podemos jugar cualquier punto, más allá de que Sebastián (Prieto) es doblista. Y todos podemos hacerlo bien. Cada uno tiene que aportar su granito de arena para ganar la serie, porque ni yo ni ningún jugador puede ganar una serie solo, así que todos somos importantes.

-Entonces, ¿no sentís que hay que ocupar ese lugar que deja vacío Nalbandian?

-Quizá se puede decir eso por el ranking, pero cuando está David, todo el mundo le pregunta esto y él dice lo mismo que digo yo ahora. Creo que para conseguir el objetivo de ganar la Copa Davis todos pensamos igual y ninguno se cree mejor que el otro. Todos tenemos la misma confianza cuando entramos a jugar. Entonces, si bien antes pasó con David y ahora conmigo, siempre hay uno que tiene mejor ranking, nadie piensa que es el mejor y que tiene que ganar sus partidos sí o sí para ganar la serie.

-¿Cómo va la preparación, cómo te sentís?

-Me siento bien, la adaptación es buena y estamos entrenando duro. A mí la cancha me está gustando, porque es bastante similar a la de Rusia, aunque es un poco más rápida, la bola patina un poquito más. Obviamente que todavía nos falta un poquito de preparación y puesta a punto, pero con las horas que nos quedan vamos a llegar bien.

-¿Creés que tu actuación en la final de la Copa Davis es un impulso importante para acomodarte mejor en estas canchas rápidas, que no son tu especialidad?

-Obviamente que mi superficie preferida es el polvo de lardillo, pero cada día que pasa me siento mejor en estas canchas o en cemento, y ya tuve buenos resultados. Si me dan a elegir, prefiero el polvo. Pero ya demostré que puedo jugar bien en estas superficies. Sé que me falta mejorar muchas cosas y en polvo de ladrillo también, pero creo que en estos últimos dos años mejoré mucho en rápidas y eso se nota.

-Aunque no te considerás líder, ¿diste algún consejo, hablaste con Del Potro, por ejemplo?

-Acá también están Willy (Cañas) y Sebastián (Prieto), que tienen muchos años en el circuito y mucha experiencia también. Lo único que le puedo decir a Juan es que si le toca jugar voy a alentarlo y a apoyarlo. Tiene que saber que el equipo confía en él. Por ahí yo soy el que más habla con Luli o Martín (Rodríguez), que es su ayudante, pero eso no me hace especial, somos todos iguales.

-Justamente la presencia de Cañas y Prieto, dos muchachos con experiencia, ¿te quitan un poco esa carga de ser el líder?

-Sí, seguro. Quizá Juan, que debuta, se está integrando y está aprendiendo cómo son las rutinas y la convivencia del equipo, pero lo va a aprender rápido. Acá no hacemos diferencia con él, como no lo hicieron conmigo el año pasado cuando debuté.

-A diferencia de la final ante Rusia, esta vez no van a venir tus padres y tu hermano, y tampoco parece que habrá una gran hinchada.

-Es cierto, no van a estar, pero es normal, porque es la primera rueda y se hace difícil viajar para los argentinos. Igual supongo que habrá algunos y lo más importante es que por la tele nos vea la gente y nuestras familias, así que nosotros, a pesar de no habrá tanta gente en el estadio, vamos a sentir igual el aliento de la gente a la distancia, vamos a estar bien igual.

-De afuera se ve que sos uno de los que mejor humor tiene, que hacés bromas todo el tiempo.

-Quizás la gente que no me conoce, o con la gente que no conozco soy un poco serio o callado, y por ahí dicen que parezco antipático, pero en realidad me pasa hasta que entro en confianza. Acá, con todo el equipo, hay mucha confianza. Con mis amigos y mi familia soy así. Creo, también, que haciendo bromas y chistes entre nosotros se pasa mejor el tiempo.

-Este tipo de clima es el que hace óptima la espera para el match.

-Seguro. Obviamente que lo más importante es jugar bien en la cancha, pero tener buena onda afuera, que haya buena convivencia y comunicación, también ayuda a conseguir los objetivos que nos planteamos.

4 series disputó Acasuso en la Copa Davis, con un récord de 3-1 en singles (sólo perdió con Safin, en Rusia), y 1-0 en dobles

Por Maximiliano Boso

maria87
02-07-2007, 12:34 PM
briefly translation of the most important things. The article remarks how good 2007 was for Chucho and talks about the responsability for Chucho to take Nalbandian's place.
Chucho said all are in equal conditions, just the ranking is different. He say he is confident about his tennis and the team. He said also that his favorite surface is obviously clay but he thinks he has improved a lot his game on fast surfaces and he feels better and better on them, "I am starting to like them" (good!!!!!)
He also said that the only difference with the other players is the thing that he talks a little bit more with Mancini.
And asked about if he did say something especial to Juan Martín, the youngest, he told he said to him that he just will be cheering on him all the time while JM plays.

The article also said something about Chucho's personality that i didn't know. He said with he is shy and quiet with the strange people but he is the one who makes jokes in the team, with irony and comments that makes other laugh. He said this is a good thing to make all of them feel relaxed.:)

lau
02-07-2007, 11:12 PM
OK, It´s confirmed: José and Guillermo will be singles players on Friday. :)

Choupi
02-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the update Lau.

maria87
02-08-2007, 10:17 AM
OK, It´s confirmed: José and Guillermo will be singles players on Friday. :)

wow, so our best player in fast surfaces is out! :rolleyes: too much pressure for JMDP? ot jsut a Mancini decision?

maria87
02-08-2007, 10:23 AM
from La Nacion today "Mancini's decision"

La decisión de Mancini

Con su habitual tranquilidad, y sin apelar al misterio, el capitán argentino anunció a los dos singlistas para enfrentar a Austria, mañana: José Acasuso será la raqueta el N° 1 y Guillermo Cañas la 2a; Chucho y Sebastián Prieto jugarán el dobles

LINZ, Austria.- Alberto Mancini tiene una característica inalterable: es un hombre sencillo, sin vueltas. Es así de tranquilo como se lo puede ver cada vez que se sienta en el banco argentino para conducir al equipo de la Copa Davis. Como siempre, anteayer por la noche, después de la cena en el Arcotel Nike y con el Danubio como testigo, Luli reunió al equipo y anunció quiénes iban a jugar. Ayer por la tarde no escondió nada ante la prensa argentina y, a un costado del court del Intersport Arena, mientras los austríacos se entrenaban, dijo: mañana, José Acasuso será el singlista N° 1, y Guillemo Cañas será el N° 2, tal cual indicaba la lógica. Pasado mañana, el dobles lo disputarán Acasuso y Sebastián Prieto, que, después de haber disputado varios torneos juntos, por primera vez afrontarán un match de la Copa Davis.

De esta forma, y si no hay sorpresas en el equipo austríaco, los partidos de la primera jornada serán Acasuso vs. Stefan Koubek (el N° 2 local) y Cañas vs. Jürgen Melzer (N°1), en tanto que el sábado jugarán Acasuso-Prieto vs. Julian Knowle-Melzer.

"Lo del domingo no lo digo porque puede pasar cualquier cosa", fue todo el misterio que se permitió Luli, que luego amplió con detalles sobre la decisión tomada. "Si Acasuso termina muy cansado veremos las posibilidades. Puede jugar Willy el sábado con Prieto para que Chucho esté más descansado el domingo, pero lo veremos, no hay que apurarse", comentó el capitán.

"A veces hay que tomar decisiones y creo que apuntar al viernes es importante. Me decidí por ellos por la experiencia, eso fue lo que inclinó la balanza, porque la verdad es que están bien los tres, Chucho (Acasuso), Willy (Cañas) y Juan (Martín del Potro). Existió la posibilidad de que juegue Juan el primer día, pero al final me quedé con este equipo que di. Al principio, Juan no se veía en la formación, pero desde que supo que podía jugar se hizo ilusiones, así que siempre es una desilusión no jugar, pero eso también es positivo. Siempre tuve jugadores que quisieron jugar y a los que no les da lo mismo estar que no hacerlo".

Efectivamente, Del Potro tenía posibilidades de integrar el equipo el primer día, pero las dudas del propio tenista acerca de sus posibilidades físicas en caso de tener que disputar un encuentro a cinco sets, desgastante, fueron determinantes. El martes por la tarde, cuando todavía la decisión no había sido tomada, Del Potro decía esto: "Jugué un partido con González a cinco sets muy intenso, me lo pude bancar bien hasta el cuarto set, pro no es lo mismo acá, que es otra superficie y es menos desgastante que en Australia. Igual, la cuota de nerviosismo que hay en una Copa Davis no es como en un torneo normal. Son sensaciones distintas. Tenísticamente me siento preparado. Después va a ser luchar contra mi físico, porque cuando representás al país no hay calambre ni hay dolor que te haga abandonar".

Para Cañas será el regreso después de casi dos años. Su último partido fue el 5 de marzo de 2005, cuando junto con David Nalbandian, hoy el gran ausente de esta serie, venció a Jan Hernych y Tomas Zib en el dobles frente a República Checa, en el match que nuestro país ganó por 5 a 0, también por la primera rueda de aquella temporada. Más tiempo aún pasó desde su último partido en singles por la Davis, cuando el 9 de abril cayó frente a Max Mirnyi en la veloz carpeta de Minsk, en Belarús.

"Estoy muy contento por volver a jugar. Estoy un poco ansioso por entrar en la cancha, pero nada más, puedo decir que estoy tranquilo. Con Melzer nunca jugué, pero lo vi mucho y lo conozco. Tengo toda la confianza para ganar", comentó Willy ayer, que hizo tenis por la mañana y sólo físico en el gimnasio por la tarde, ya pensando en aflojar la intensidad de cara al inicio de la serie. Acasuso no fue al estadio por la mañana y por la tarde peloteó con Del Potro.

"Los chicos están tranquilos, relajados. Los días previos suelen ser difíciles, pero están bien, así que todo está dentro de lo previsible. No tengo preferencia para que empiece uno u otro. Quizá sería mejor que Willy juegue primero por la ansiedad, pero no es algo que tenga en mente", siguió explicando Mancini, que también se refirió al dobles: "En este tipo de superficies el dobles siempre es difícil. Esta vez, me parece que es un punto extra. Estamos en condiciones de ganar, pero si perdemos, creo que con los cuatro singles podemos definir la serie".

Mientras anoche el equipo asistió a la cena oficial, con el equipo austríaco y los organizadores, hoy, a las 11.30 de aquí (las 7.30 de la Argentina) será el tiempo del sorteo, que sólo definirá los turnos del primer día, ya que el domingo se medirá en primer término los singlistas N° 1 de cada país y en el quinto punto los N° 2. Entre cuestiones burocráticas y fotos varias se pasarán las últimas horas. Hasta que la cuenta regresiva llegue a cero y una nueva ilusión de Copa Davis se ponga en marcha.

Por Maximiliano Boso

finally it was the experience of Chucho and Willy and the doubts of Del Potro about his physical conditions, the keys for the decision

maria87
02-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Mancini also said in the article that maybe Cañas-Prieto will be the doubles to make Chucho rest on Sunday, but he is not sure yet about that decision.

lau
02-08-2007, 01:53 PM
"our best player in fast surfaces" never played a match in five sets because his body couldn´t handle it and has no DC experience whatsoever.
a decision had to be made and the captain made it, as it is what the captain is supposed to do. and this captain haven´t been making them that bad in the last couples of years.

Action Jackson
02-08-2007, 02:03 PM
wow, so our best player in fast surfaces is out! :rolleyes: too much pressure for JMDP? ot jsut a Mancini decision?

In other words, you just have shown that you don't know anything about tennis with the above statement.

Action Jackson
02-08-2007, 02:06 PM
"our best player in fast surfaces" never played a match in five sets because his body couldn´t handle it and has no DC experience whatsoever.
a decision had to be made and the captain made it, as it is what the captain is supposed to do. and this captain haven´t been making them that bad in the last couples of years.

Mancini did the right thing of course under the circumstances and he would have only played Juan on day 1. Too much too ask.

lau
02-08-2007, 08:35 PM
From http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?id=14014
I posted photos the in the photos thread. :)
Chucho opens the tie against Koubek.

A full weekend ahead for Acasuso

Last year’s finalist Argentina will be relying on Jose Acasuso to lead them through this weekend's Davis Cup by BNP Paribas first round clash, when he takes on the Austrian opponents in both singles and doubles. Acasuso will be first up against Stefan Koubek, who returns to Davis Cup competition after a year's absence, and will team up with Sebastian Prieto on Saturday to take on the established pairing of Jurgen Melzer and Julian Knowle. Guillermo Canas also makes his return to the Argentine team as its No. 2 player.

The full draw is as follows:

Stefan Koubek (AUT) v Jose Acasuso (ARG)
Jurgen Melzer (AUT) v Guillermo Canas (ARG)
Jurgen Melzer/Julian Knowle (AUT) v Jose Acasuso/Sebastian Prieto (ARG)
Jurgen Melzer (AUT) v Jose Acasuso (ARG)
Stefan Koubek (AUT) v Guillermo Canas (ARG)

Austria-Argentina could be a classic

When two nations play each other in sport, whatever the context may be, two words come to mind: ‘passion’ and ‘honour’. The 2007 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas first round tie between Austria and the 2006 runner-up Argentina will most definitely abide by this rule.

Keeping that in mind, the city of Linz, located mid-way between Munich and Vienna, and better known in the world of tennis for its women’s tournament, will undoubtedly be the stage this weekend for what promises to be a classic Davis Cup tie.

It’s always good to start at the beginning. And so we begin with the reason this tie is being played on Austrian soil: simply because the two countries have never played each other and the choice of ground was therefore decided by lot. So in a way, Austria has the upper hand, as they won the first match: the coin toss.

Melzer and Koubek to play singles

The rest of the tie will surely not be decided by chance. Not if Melzer can help it. The six-foot lefty, ranked 30th in the world, is not going to let this opportunity go by: “It’s always nice to play at home, the 5,500 fans will be behind us. They will lift us and if that happens I hope we can get the three points,” says Melzer.

His sidekick Koubek has experience and is also a lefty. The older of the two Austrian players, picked to play singles by Austrian captain Gilbert Schaller, will have the honour of kicking off the festivities/hostilities against Argentina’s No. 1 player this weekend, Jose “Chucho” Acasuso. The two have matched up once in the past. It was in 2004 at Wimbledon, Koubek winning on a much quicker surface than the Greenset Trophy that will be the carpet foundation of this weekend’s tie.

The second rubber will be between Melzer and Guillermo “Willy” Canas, Canas being the most experienced Argentine Davis Cup player of the four men selected by captain Alberto Mancini.

Canas: “This is the restart”

Regarding Canas, currently ranked 107th in the world, let it be known: he’s back. Indeed Canas, suspended for a positive drug test in February 2005 in Acapulco, has struggled and hustled back to a level, not ranking, similar to the one he was at (eighth in the world) just before his suspension. Since September 2006 (the date of his return to the circuit), he’s won five challengers and was runner-up at another. It means a lot to him that Mancini has chosen him to play singles: “This is the restart in my career, my goal is to break the Top 20. After what happened to me, I will most probably be very emotional to represent my country once again,” confessed the Argentine.

The doubles, as of now, will oppose the experienced and successful pair of Melzer and Julian Knowles, ranked 19th and 23rd in the world respectively in doubles, to Sebastian Prieto and Jose Acasuso, who have doubles rankings of 39th and 82nd in the world respectively.

On Sunday, the reverse singles will set up Melzer and Acasuso, their nations’ No. 1 players, followed by what could be a decisive fifth rubber between Koubek and Canas.

Acasuso looking to banish Final pain

Who will be the hero? Will Melzer rise to the occasion and send his team into the quarterfinals of the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas, a level of the competition that Austria has not reached since 1995 when they were led by work-horse and recent ex-captain Thomas Muster?

Or could it be Acasuso, who had a painful role in his most recent Davis Cup tie, last year’s final against Russia in Moscow. Chucho was brought in to play the fifth and decisive rubber against Marat Safin, but what happened in that does not need repeating, especially not to Acasuso.

But the hungriest player out there is undoubtedly Willy.

bad gambler
02-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Chucho is no mug on the surface, if this was 3 months ago he would have been the favourite.

Just not sure about this one given he hasn't had any matches under his belt, but to me it's a 50/50 match

maria87
02-09-2007, 02:48 PM
chucho is really doing well in the score 7-6, 6-2, and 3-1 now :)
..but koubek is doing so much UE!

maria87
02-09-2007, 02:50 PM
In other words, you just have shown that you don't know anything about tennis with the above statement.

thanks, George! :yeah:

i know you think you are the best and we just say nonsense!:)

anyway i will keep posting, i know there is people here that doens't think like you.

Chucho is doing well, but no matter how much i like him, he is not playing well, although making aces and serving well... Koubek is playing very bad.

Action Jackson
02-09-2007, 02:54 PM
thanks, George! :yeah:

i know you are the best and we just say nonsense!:)

When you make nonsense comments without thought, then they get treated as nonsense comments.

maria87
02-09-2007, 02:56 PM

of course, and i inmediatelly posted the Mancini decision article because i thought what Mancini said and i think he did the right decision. JM has to grow up.
I know he is not in his best physical conditions, lau! i am not a stupid person and i can say one thing and then think better and admit my error.;)

maria87
02-09-2007, 02:58 PM
When you make nonsense comments without thought, then they get treated as nonsense comments.

as i did say in my reply to lau, i can think and then admit my error...that doeens't allow you to treat people in a not nice way as you were superior to anybody because you are not, neither lau or anybody here. We have the right to express our thoughts without being treated as stupid persons.
i never treat people as stupid person no matter i agree or not with them, i am respectful to anybody and i contribute here with articles and stuff, which no one (except choupi or anna) did thank.
i only ask sorry because of my bad english sometimes.

maria87
02-09-2007, 03:03 PM
chucho is 4-3 in the third

maria87
02-09-2007, 03:08 PM
5-4, he wasted the chance of break Koubek again...he is doing well over Koubek errors but he wasted so much chances of break points with bad returns. His return is really not well. He made even error with his forehand, for sure he doens't get his rythm yet. But anyway, he is doing well and that's great.:)

maria87
02-09-2007, 03:12 PM
well done, Chucho! :worship:
even don't playing so well, he beat Koubek in 3! :) :worship:
7-6, 6-2, 6-4 :D

maria87
02-09-2007, 04:25 PM
oh at least tennis especialist reporters had the same vision i had watching the match against Koubek! ;)

ufokart
02-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Chucho :bounce: :bounce:

Choupi
02-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Argentina!! :woohoo: Keep that up!! :cool:

bad gambler
02-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Argentina's No1 delivers

maria87
02-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Argentina!! :woohoo: Keep that up!! :cool:

yes, 2-0!! :worship: :D thanks, Choupi!

Action Jackson
02-10-2007, 06:50 AM
as i did say in my reply to lau, i can think and then admit my error...that doeens't allow you to treat people in a not nice way as you were superior to anybody because you are not, neither lau or anybody here. We have the right to express our thoughts without being treated as stupid persons.
i never treat people as stupid person no matter i agree or not with them, i am respectful to anybody and i contribute here with articles and stuff, which no one (except choupi or anna) did thank.
i only ask sorry because of my bad english sometimes.

First of all your English is not an issue with me.

I am going to get this out of my system and maybe you might understand it.
The comments about del Potro were nonsense, he may become the best player on faster surfaces, but at this stage no way and by saying this, you are disrespecting what Cañas has done on faster surfaces. That is an example of not thinking about what you are writing.

Second of all, I don't have to like a poster at all to respect their posts. As long as they aren't overly biased fanboy or fangirls and come up with their own thoughts and not just parrot commentators as views of their own. Sadly for the most part you fit that criteria, so that's why I have no respect for your views.

maria87
02-10-2007, 12:03 PM
First of all your English is not an issue with me.

I am going to get this out of my system and maybe you might understand it.
The comments about del Potro were nonsense, he may become the best player on faster surfaces, but at this stage no way and by saying this, you are disrespecting what Cañas has done on faster surfaces. That is an example of not thinking about what you are writing.

Second of all, I don't have to like a poster at all to respect their posts. As long as they aren't overly biased fanboy or fangirls and come up with their own thoughts and not . Sadly for the most part you fit that criteria, so that's why I have no respect for your views.

yes, you just are yourself: "just parrot commentators as views of their own"...who says comments that are not of their own? you cannot agree but that doesn't allow to be offensive....
everyone here is making comments with their own, and all the people here are jsut fans of tennis talking about his views, i am not a sutpid girl fan who cannot think....sorry, i just say for example that Chucho did not play good tennis yesterday...

sorry if i do not fit in your classification...i am not a teenager, but this doesn't count either because teen agers have the right to say what they want too...

anyway you have no solution, so i will keep posting without considering your not-nice and offensive comments.

maria87
02-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Chucho and Prieto will start their doubles match in an hour. I will do a report as always. :)

maria87
02-10-2007, 01:11 PM
they are on court now.

maria87
02-10-2007, 01:24 PM
both team are playing very solid games of serve.

maria87
02-10-2007, 01:24 PM
both teams are playing very solid games of serve.

maria87
02-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Chucho made is serving very well.

maria87
02-10-2007, 01:32 PM
now chucho had problems with first seve, Austria got a break-point but then Chucho made an ace and then another good serve to save the game.

maria87
02-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Argentina almost had a chance to break after a very good return of Chucho but Pireto spoiled the opportunity with a bad return on next second service of Austria:sad:

maria87
02-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Austria is playing better on the net and Prieto is having problems with his serve, break point for Austria

maria87
02-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Austria broke, we could see it coming

maria87
02-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Austria got the first set 6-3

Chucho found some good returns on his paralell backhand. Prieto doesn't seem to be ready for play on Davis Cup level. We'll see if he can improve the performance.

maria87
02-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Chucho keeps serving well. Reporters said Argentina needs to rise the level. At least Chucho is serving well.

maria87
02-10-2007, 01:51 PM
I don't know if Prieto is feeling the pressure. I know he is a good doubles player but today he is not doing so well

lau
02-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Would you please make comments once the match is over or when a set is over or something like that, please?
IMHO it´s uncomfortable to have livescores in a tournament thread, I mean, specially when it will (luckily) last the whole year.

maria87
02-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Austria broke again and they are going for the second set.

maria87
02-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Would you please make comments once the match is over or when a set is over or something like that, please?
IMHO it´s uncomfortable to have livescores in a tournament thread, I mean, specially when it will (luckily) last the whole year.

oh sorry, i didn't think you feel uncomfortable with the report. .
I was trying to know what happens to the people who cannot watch the match.
Ok, i will open a livescore thread for you to feel comfortable

lau
02-10-2007, 02:18 PM
There are livescores threads in MTF. People who can´t watch the match and want livescores go there, at least that´s what most people do, as far as I know. But if you think a livescores thread is needed here, go ahead

maria87
02-10-2007, 02:49 PM
There are livescores threads in MTF. People who can´t watch the match and want livescores go there, at least that´s what most people do, as far as I know. But if you think a livescores thread is needed here, go ahead

thank you!

lau
02-10-2007, 03:54 PM
As expected Austria won the doubles match.
The guys will have to complete the job tomorrow.

maria87
02-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Austria won the match and they deserve it. Chucho and Prieto couldn't volley well and they didn't return well either. Chucho just served well but not the whole match. Now the things are difficult for tomorrow: reporters said first turn will be Chucho against Meltzer, why? if he was first in the opening day, i thought on the last day Cañas would be first and Chucho last.

maria87
02-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Things look difficult for Chucho if he has to play Meltzer tomorrow first turn after this poor perfomance of today. Meltzer did play better than Koubek on Friday, and after this win he for sure will be with confidence to play for Austria the fourth point.

maria87
02-10-2007, 04:03 PM
reporters said after the match that Chucho has to forget quickly this bad day as Nalbandian did against Russia when he played poorly the doubles and then won the next single on Sunday. I hope he could do it.

maria87
02-10-2007, 05:02 PM
reporters are saying on TV now that JM will play instead of Chucho tomorrow!

maria87
02-10-2007, 05:06 PM
they say Chucho is not feeling well after the defeat, and he has a cold...but Mancini didn¡t take the final decision yet.

maria87
02-10-2007, 08:11 PM
This is what Clarin says

Del Potro reemplazaría a Acasuso en el cuarto punto

El tandilense debutaría en la Davis ante el número uno de Austria, Jurgen Melzer. Aunque todavía no hay confirmación oficial, Mancini analiza darle descanso al misionero, que ayer venció a Koubek, y hoy cayó en el dobles junto a Prieto. Argentina le está ganando a Austria por 2 a 1, en Linz.

Después de la caída en el partido de dobles, Alberto Mancini analiza la posibilidad de que Juan Martín Del Potro juegue el cuarto punto de la serie. Si esto se confirma, el juvenil debutaría en la Copa Davis ocupando el lugar de José Acasuso para enfrentar al singlista número uno del equipo austriaco, Jürgen Melzer.

El tandilense ya sonaba como segunda raqueta en lugar de Cañas para el partido del viernes ante Stephan Koubek. Sin embargo, el capitán Mancini inclinó la balanza a favor del de Tapiales y no le fue mal, Willy ganó en sets corridos su partido.

El juvenil tuvo en el Abierto de Australia su primera experiencia en partidos a cinco sets. En la primera ronda le ganó en sets corridos al italiano Alessio di Mauro, pero debió abandonar en el quinto set del partido siguiente, ante el chileno Fernando González, que luego sería finalista del torneo.

The article briefly said that Mancini is thinking on giving some rest to Chucho after the defeat in the doubles match and pick up JM for the fourth point against Meltzer. So if this ii confirmed, JMDP will do his first appeareance on Davis Cup finally

Action Jackson
02-11-2007, 11:58 AM

After each set comments are fine, but that's why we have a tournament thread on MTF.

lau
02-11-2007, 12:27 PM
After each set comments are fine, but that's why we have a tournament thread on MTF.
yeah.
I mean, I was talking about having 3/4 pages of livescores or short comments during the match, from one single person, in the tournament thread.

Action Jackson
02-11-2007, 12:31 PM
yeah.
I mean, I was talking about having 3/4 pages of livescores or short comments during the match, from one single person, in the tournament thread.

It wasn't necessary at all, but that's just me.

maria87
02-11-2007, 12:55 PM
It is confirmed: JM will play instead of Chucho fourth point. This is the important news to comment i think.

maria87
02-11-2007, 01:00 PM
It wasn't necessary at all, but that's just me.

there are a lot pf people that doesn't like to go to the thread of livescore in MTF...what i did was for people that cannot watch the match and like Chucho and can see the comments here. Anyway as i opened a thread my comments and report live won't bother you and lau anymore.

I insist the important news to comment is that JM will replace Chucho today.

lau
02-11-2007, 02:52 PM
I personally have no problem with livescores :shrug: I just find it not very 'comfortable', 'practical' (or whatever you want to call it) to have them in the tournaments thread. And that´s why I used IMHO ('in my humble opinion'), because I wanted to make it clear that it was my opinion. You can do whatever you want. I´m not trying to force anything here.
And I think George actually doesn´t agree with me. What I understood is that the 'It wasn't necessary at all' part was refering to create a new thread for livescores as you could have done it here.... At least that´s what I understood, but I guess I could be wrong...

EDIT: Anyway.., there´s already a livescores thread and IMHO that´s just fine.

Choupi
02-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Ok. It seems trendy to give one's opinion so here's mine. It's worth only what I do think. In no way should be taken as an assertion for everyone.

I appreciate comments of a match I can't watch. But I admit I prefer after each set. Point by point is just too much for me. I do comment myself whenever I can but I stick, either to a whole match comment or a set by set. But it's just me.

lau
02-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Ok. It seems trendy to give one's opinion so here's mine.
:lol:

Sorry, I know it´s off-topic :angel:

Action Jackson
02-11-2007, 03:23 PM
And I think George actually doesn´t agree with me. What I understood is that the 'It wasn't necessary at all' part was refering to create a new thread for livescores as you could have done it here.... At least that´s what I understood, but I guess I could be wrong...

EDIT: Anyway.., there´s already a livescores thread and IMHO that´s just fine.

That's right, there wasn't a need to make a seperate thread, when it could have been done in here.

maria87
02-11-2007, 04:43 PM
JUAN MARTIN WON THE MATCH FOR ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Chucho was there cheering on him!

maria87
02-11-2007, 04:47 PM
JUAN MARTIN WON THE MATCH FOR ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!

fortunatelly people in JM thread was very nice and had no problem to open a livescore ther in JM thread and they appreciated it! we had fun and JM won the point

I think Luly took the right decision, so i was not so nonsense poster when i had faith on JM for play teh rubber. ;) :)

lau
02-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Mancini took this decision because Chucho is sick and I guess he is not in conditions to win a match.
That is very different from saying JMDP is "our best hard court player" and his previous decision about who the 2nd singles player is was wrong.

And I´m really really happy Juan could decide the tie and make ARG reach the second DC round. :)

Action Jackson
02-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Chucho lacked match practice and it was very difficult for him to play 3 days, so after the doubles he was replaced by a fresh player and that counted. Melzer had to play 3 days straight and this was Juan's first match of the weekend.

It doesn't matter who plays, it's a team game and so win as a group and lose as a group. They have a very tough tie ahead, but that will come soon enough.

The call about Juan being the best fastcourt player in the team is still nonsense.

maria87
02-11-2007, 07:08 PM
fortunatelly there is people in this forum that have not such a bad attitude on other points of view.

Thanks a lot to the people that gave me GR about the livescore thread and that gave me support to keep posting my opinions :)

maria87
02-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Mancini took this decision because Chucho is sick and I guess he is not in conditions to win a match.
That is very different from saying JMDP is and his previous decision about who the 2nd singles player is was wrong.

And I´m really really happy Juan could decide the tie and make ARG reach the second DC round. :)

lau, i didn't say "our best hard court player" , i said our best player on fast surfaces in our team in Austria...and i mantain my opinion: considering the players that were in the team in Austria, i still think JMDP is our best player on fast surfaces even if he is that young as he is. I know Cañas and Chucho have more experience but i still think JMDP is our best player for fast surfaces in the team that went to Austria.

maria87
02-11-2007, 07:19 PM
one more thing, Meltzer even tired played in a very good level, even better than how he played against Cañas, and still JM could do it: he could mantain the pressure and he won with authority in the last set, even when he was feeling some "calambre"

another thing: Chucho had just a cold, and he said yesterday night that he was ready to play. Some other players as Cañas and Callery played with fever before. Chucho wasn't playing well..I said it in my report against Koubek (even winning he didn't play well) and he played worse in the doubles. So I don't think Mancini took the decision just considering the cold of Chucho, of course it was a circumstance...but at same time, we had JMDP physical conditions that you remarked about not being able to play 5 sets. So i think there were some tennis issues going on, not just physical conditions.

lau
02-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Well, I still don´t think Juan is the best player on fast surfaces in the team and Mancini was wrong about the decision he made when he chose Cañas as second singles player of the team for the draw.

Apart from that, Juan´s debut in DC was a really good one, considering the conditions, the pressure, etc. :)

maria87
02-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Well, I still don´t think Juan is the best player on fast surfaces in the team and Mancini was wrong about the decision he made when he chose Cañas as second singles player of the team for the draw.

Apart from that, Juan´s debut in DC was a really good one, considering the conditions, the pressure, etc. :)

ok, agree on the last part! :)

i will post a video in the section of videos where Chucho explains why he didn't play...he said he had a cold but this wasn't the real important thing: he thinks JM was playing really well in Australia and arrived to DC i very good conditions to play and he has a lot of confidence on JM game. He was very sweet talking to him and said he had just to play his game out there. :)

lau
02-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Sweden already chose surface for the next tie and, surprisingly, it´s carpet :lol:
It will be in Gotemburg. The last time Sweden was local in the world group was in 2003, so Wilander trusts their public will expecting to watch them play at home and hopes their support will help them defeat ARG and reach the semifinal.

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2007/02/13/01362808.html

maria87
02-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Sweden already chose surface for the next tie and, surprisingly, it´s carpet :lol:
It will be in Gotemburg. The last time Sweden was local in the world group was in 2003, so Wilander trusts their public will expecting to watch them play at home and hopes their support will help them defeat ARG and reach the semifinal.

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2007/02/13/01362808.html

here is the :lol: :lol:

Hendu
02-15-2007, 07:55 PM
fortunatelly people in JM thread was very nice and had no problem to open a livescore ther in JM thread and they appreciated it! we had fun and JM won the point

Thats because, we (the JMDP fans) are much more tolerant, respectful, intelligent, good looking, well.... just better than Chucho's fans.

another thing: Chucho had just a cold, and he said yesterday night that he was ready to play. Some other players as Cañas and Callery played with fever before. Chucho wasn't playing well..I said it in my report against Koubek (even winning he didn't play well) and he played worse in the doubles. So I don't think Mancini took the decision just considering the cold of Chucho, of course it was a circumstance...but at same time, we had JMDP physical conditions that you remarked about not being able to play 5 sets. So i think there were some tennis issues going on, not just physical conditions.

I agree with the bold part. Chucho would have played if we had in the team another player instead of Del Potro (in fact, Chucho said that in an interview).

Mancini was thinking to play Juan Martín on Friday, instead of Chucho. So Acasuso would be fresh to play the doubles and on Sunday. But Del Potro told Mancini that he wasn't sure he was ready to play, considering he had never finished a 5 set match before.

Chucho lacked match practice and it was very difficult for him to play 3 days, so after the doubles he was replaced by a fresh player and that counted. Melzer had to play 3 days straight and this was Juan's first match of the weekend.

Agree.

how come?

:confused:

lau
02-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Thats because, we (the JMDP fans) are much more tolerant, respectful, intelligent, good looking, well.... just better than Chucho's fans.

:spit:
I never doubt that :p

how come?

I DON´T agree with that ;) or, in other words, I think Mancini was right when he chose the second singles player.

Hendu
02-15-2007, 08:11 PM
:spit:
I never doubt that :p

good :)

edit: why the laugh?

I DON´T agree with that ;) or, in other words, I think Mancini was right when he chose the second singles player.

Oh, I see.

lau
02-15-2007, 08:17 PM
edit: why the laugh?

Although you stated the obvious, it was unexpected :angel:

Hendu
02-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Although you stated the obvious, it was unexpected :angel:

well... we (JMDP fans) tend too be somewhat obvious too. Sorry, we are not perfect.

lau
02-15-2007, 08:27 PM
well... we (JMDP fans) tend too be somewhat obvious too. Sorry, we are not perfect.

oh, no no no, you somehow balanced what´s obvious with your fresh spontaneity :D ;)

Hendu
02-15-2007, 08:30 PM
oh, no no no, you somehow balanced what´s obvious with your fresh spontaneity :D ;)

Thanks, I feel better now ;)

Action Jackson
02-15-2007, 11:56 PM

Yes, of course this is true. How could it be not?

bad gambler
02-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Chucho up last on centrecourt. Good to see the big fella back in tournament play.

maria87
02-19-2007, 10:49 AM

I agree with the bold part. Chucho would have played if we had in the team another player instead of Del Potro (in fact, Chucho said that in an interview).

Mancini was thinking to play Juan Martín on Friday, instead of Chucho. So Acasuso would be fresh to play the doubles and on Sunday. But Del Potro told Mancini that he wasn't sure he was ready to play, considering he had never finished a 5 set match before.

Agree.

how come?

thanks, Willy, for the reply :) ...I think again Mancini was right even with Cañas choice...he is playing wonderful and focused tennis right now...He had just won Brasil on clay and he switched hard to clay so easy. Unbelievable.

jayjay
02-27-2007, 12:14 PM

Speak for yourself. I am perfect. :dance:

lau
02-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Speak for yourself. I am perfect. :dance:

:lol: :kiss:

maria87
02-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Joachim Johansson won't play Davis Cup against Argentina, i think good news for Mancini's team. :)

lau
03-21-2007, 05:29 AM
Chucho won´t be in the team next tie. According to the press he decided it because "he thinks he is not in good conditions".
The team will be Nalbandian, Cañas, Del Potro and Prieto

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2007/03/20/um/01384351.html

Hendu
03-21-2007, 12:59 PM
http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2007/03/21/01384705.html

Chucho, not a great time to rest... :boxing:

the team needs you!

Action Jackson
03-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Maybe Chucho doesn't feel he is playing well enough and doesn't want to let down the team, but the problem is they will more than likely lose the doubles now.

lau
03-21-2007, 01:17 PM
The article says (and quotes a source close to Chucho) that he wants to rest because he has been playing since the final in Moscow and feels physically and mentally exhausted. It also says that he had to start the LA clay tournies late and tired and that could be noticed.
I don´t think he feels he´s playing his best tennis to play the tie, but resting and getting prepared for the European clay season is an important reason too. Anyway, I don´t think there´s any doubt about how important is DC for José.

Action Jackson
03-21-2007, 01:21 PM
He and Orsa have planned to play less events, but it's a situation now where they might not have done enough base work and if he is tired mentally, then taking a break makes sense, whether we like it or not.

Hendu
03-21-2007, 01:34 PM
He and Orsa have planned to play less events, but it's a situation now where they might have done enough base work and if he is tired mentally, then taking a break makes sense, whether we like it or not.

He surely needs rest.

We just needed him for the doubles. Too bad.

Action Jackson
03-21-2007, 01:37 PM
As for Chucho in the doubles, this is where the problem that Calleri being injured again as he was a perfect replacement, but just means they will have to win 3 out of 4 singles.

Hendu
03-21-2007, 01:47 PM
As for Chucho in the doubles, this is where the problem that Calleri being injured again as he was a perfect replacement, but just means they will have to win 3 out of 4 singles.

Not impossible, I expect Nalbandian to get his act together for Davis Cup.

Cañas playing the doubles with Nalbandian shouldn't be ruled out.

Action Jackson
02-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Chucho is in the team along with Nalle, Calleri and Prieto.

They are playing the UK and should have a very easy win at home as per usual.

2008 it's time.

Action Jackson
02-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Friday
David Nalbandian (ARG) v Jamie Baker (GBR)
Agustin Calleri (ARG) v Alex Bogdanovic (GBR)

Saturday
Jose Acasuso/David Nalbandian (ARG) v Ross Hutchins/Jamie Murray (GBR)

Sunday
David Nalbandian (ARG) v Alex Bogdanovic (GBR)
Agustin Calleri (ARG) v Jamie Baker (GBR)

Action Jackson
02-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Chucho and Nalle won 6-2 7-6(11) 6-0 to put Argentina in the QFs.

Chucho might play the dead rubber in singles.

Action Jackson
04-08-2008, 06:02 AM
Chucho is part of the DC squad with Nalbandian, Monaco and Canas to take on the Swedes in Buenos Aires this weekend.

bad gambler
04-08-2008, 06:55 AM
Any idea with who the 2nd singles player will be?

HuaTuo
04-08-2008, 02:11 PM

Pico I think;)

Action Jackson
04-09-2008, 03:37 AM

Depends on who plays well in the training. I reckon they could go with any of the 3 and they will still do well.

Chucho will more than likely be the doubles player.

canas
04-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Buenos Aires April 8, 2008.

http://www.ole.clarin.com/diario/2008/04/08/tenis/fotos/1571573-1.jpg

canas
04-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Jose Acasuso will be the second Argentine Singles :D
http://www.fuebuena.com.ar/?p=1102

canas
04-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Friday

David Nalbandian (ARG) v Thomas Johansson (SWE)
Jose Acasuso (ARG) v Robin Soderling (SWE)

Saturday

David Nalbandian/Guillermo Canas (ARG) v Jonas Bjorkman/Robert Lindstedt (SWE)

Sunday

David Nalbandian (ARG) v Robin Soderling (SWE)
Jose Acasuso (ARG) v Thomas Johansson (SWE)

canas
04-10-2008, 03:43 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080410/capt.b9d110ace5fb420b908307e120ac38ed.argentina_da vis_cup_dsl102.jpg

kai.
04-10-2008, 06:56 PM
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/5839/e7d4a53a77e6690e6662945yr4.th.jpg (http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e7d4a53a77e6690e6662945yr4.jpg)

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8663/f9c7fa06e850edf3ae4f68dcw9.th.jpg (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=f9c7fa06e850edf3ae4f68dcw9.jpg)

canas
04-10-2008, 07:27 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080410/i/r2472583913.jpg?x=400&y=303&sig=lRRjY5OnoyNsZ7xGZceH8A--

martine2
04-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Comes a bit as a surprise to me but I'm glad for him :yeah:

bad gambler
04-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Jose Acasuso will be the second Argentine Singles :D
http://www.fuebuena.com.ar/?p=1102

Action Jackson
04-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Chucho got thumped 6-0 6-4 6-1 to Söderling.

Just a horrible day from him, making so many mistakes from both sides and couldn't serve very well. This is a very tough loss at home especially, he has to learn from it.

Argentina are still faves and should make it through to the next stage.

dulkogi
04-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Chuchooo:(:(:(

Very very bad

kai.
04-12-2008, 06:46 AM
:p

martine2
04-12-2008, 01:55 PM
:sad: good luck for the doubles today

Action Jackson
11-05-2008, 06:15 AM
Acasuso is in the squad for the DC final, it would be great if he could purge that memory from the QFs, but I think he will be the non-playing member.

Snoo Foo
11-05-2008, 06:41 AM
And the Lord said, Chucho shall be ...

REDEEMED :rocker2:

Action Jackson
11-17-2008, 12:10 PM
It would be great if Chucho got a gig after some of his experiences in Davis Cup.

bad gambler
11-22-2008, 08:56 PM
It would be great if Chucho got a gig after some of his experiences in Davis Cup.

Looks like he might get that chance and replace Del Potro in the reverse singles against Verdasco

This DC final has suddenly become one worth watching

Snoo Foo
11-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/071.gifhttp://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/071.gifhttp://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/071.gifhttp://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/071.gifhttp://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/071.gif

Denaon
11-23-2008, 12:56 AM
:hug: To Chucho and all his fans...if he fails tomorrow...crap will be falling all over the place :hug: