DAVIS CUP [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

DAVIS CUP

Lizan
02-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Yey France won.. Unfortunatly they have to play Switzerland :sad:.. That's going to be tough!!

xuzizhen
02-09-2004, 03:19 AM
Yes but french team has arnaud ,nico,mika ,plus seb they'll be very strong. And the spirit of l'equipe is their most big advantage.

ubrunjensen
02-09-2004, 07:42 AM
Yes, but losing 2-3 last year shows that the French team was very close to winning! Ok, Federer will be a tough one to beat, but Grosjean will return for the next round, and Escudé will have recovered even better from his longtime injury! Plus, it seems Clément is back in form. Are there any other Swiss players apart from Federer???

esther
02-09-2004, 08:20 AM
well done guys! :D

taremi
02-09-2004, 10:55 AM
Are there any other Swiss players apart from Federer???
Hmmm.... I know Marc Rosset, Michel Kratochvil and George Bastl, there. But, Switzerland doesn't have any top players except for Federer. So, probably, I think that France defeats Switzerland. :aplot:

Tryphon
02-09-2004, 11:07 AM
Switzerland also have Yves Allegro and Stanislas Wawrinka but still, that's true Roger is a bit "alone".

Still, he has taken his team to the semis last year and the problem is, Seb vs Roger will be first match on Sunday. That means that even if it's 1all on Friday night, France better win the doubles to have a chance to beat the Swiss #2 again on Sunday's second match.

Of course it may turn out to be 2/0 on Friday for France :o or Seb will manage to beat Roger, you never know.:D

But we're not there yet. Let's wait to see who will be fit and what surface will be chosen. I think Arnaud would deserve to play though.

ubrunjensen
02-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Surely there can be no question about Clément playing, taking into account his recent good form?

Lizan
02-09-2004, 07:34 PM
Do they play at home (so france)??
Last time switzerland won huh?? But lets forget that!
Does Santorro play next time??

xuzizhen
02-10-2004, 01:57 AM
it depends on Forget

Lizan
02-10-2004, 10:31 AM
oh yeah of course (stupid me).. If they play at home, they surely can win!!

Tryphon
02-10-2004, 11:21 AM
2001 in Switzerland, 2003 in France, 2004 in Switzerland...

ubrunjensen
02-10-2004, 11:42 AM
Let's hope that home advantage isn't all it's cracked up to be! But it seems a couple of the strong nations are already out: Russia and Australia! I don't care much for Russia, they beat Grosjean and the Frenchies in 2002, and Australia - well, sorry to say so, but as I really dislike both Hewitt and Mark P I find it impossible to support Australia in the DC! What to you think about France and USA in the final?

Lizan
02-10-2004, 12:42 PM
USA in finals???!!!!!!!! Ulla r u crazy loool???!!!!!!!!! PLEAZEEEEEE NO! Roddick is in it!! I don't have a problem with the Australian team.. But definitly don't want USA in the final..

ubrunjensen
02-10-2004, 03:42 PM
Oh, I was trying to be realistic! It's not that I would ever want the Americans in the final! LOL Not the way that I cringe whenever Roddick shows up on my tv! But okay, if it makes you feel better I'll put my money on Argentina or Spain! I love babyface Coria and Ferrero's quite all right as well...

Lizan
02-10-2004, 04:50 PM
LoL, Spain is good.. That's okay with me!! Unfortunatly roddick is on it every grand slam like every match :sad: (which is not weird of course)..

esther
02-10-2004, 11:17 PM
america
CANNOT
win!!

Lizan
02-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Okay then we agree!!

Lizan
02-11-2004, 12:19 PM
2001 in Switzerland, 2003 in France, 2004 in Switzerland...

So that means that they don't play at home, but somewhere else I heard they do play at home.. Okay now I'm going to look for it!!

Lizan
02-11-2004, 12:23 PM
Look:
Another surprise out of Forget's hat was the midweek decision to give Thierry Ascione a chance, instead of the more experienced Nicolas Escude. Suddenly, Croatia felt they were in with a chance. Captain Nikki Pilic was optimistic, “Yes, we feel the situation is better, much better. Without Grosjean, France is not the same team".

Lizan
02-11-2004, 12:26 PM
Okay Tryphon u were right.. Last time they played in Toulouse :sad:.. It's going to be tough!

esther
02-12-2004, 09:46 AM
it will be extremely tough
at least they have won first round so they arent risking getting kicked out of the world group but it'd be a great effort to get over switzerland, in switzerland. we've got ages to wait tho until them...for ONCE it'd be great if they could just ALL be injury-free so guy can choose the best from all his options!

Lizan
02-12-2004, 01:50 PM
What do u think Switzerland will choose clay or....

noa
02-12-2004, 09:46 PM
who are you all supporting for davis cup? what country?
I support france (logical cause I'm french!)

Lizan
02-13-2004, 01:12 PM
France, India and the Netherlands!!!

Gotta be honest, I cheered for France when they had to play against The Netherlands.. The same thing happend when India played the Netherlands!

ubrunjensen
02-13-2004, 05:10 PM
No no no, why should one support one's own country??? Patriotism is really in decline here or so it seems! And don't forget how lucky you are, Noa, to actually have a team worth supporting! Denmark's got nothing, we're relegated to the lower levels of Davis Cup - and anyway, Grosjean isn't a Dane...LOL! So no prizes for guessing that I support France!

wilma
02-13-2004, 07:11 PM
I don't support the Dutch, that's for sure.

Marine
02-13-2004, 07:18 PM
Me...it's a secret...lol

crystal
02-13-2004, 08:08 PM
which country do you support Marine ?
I support french team and spanish team (vamos JC!)

Marine
02-13-2004, 08:21 PM
les joueurs espagnols c'est vraiment pas ma tasse de thé, désolée...lol

Marine
02-13-2004, 08:25 PM
Et m...., je voulais justement écrire plus petit pour la jouer discrète (ben ouai, critiquer jc et les espagnols, c'est pas politiquement correct ici ! lol), et resultats j'ai écris plus gros..

Marine
02-13-2004, 08:26 PM
...et en plus je fais des fautes immondes...

Lizan
02-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Marine, do I understand right, u don't like JC?
Got another question for ya, who do u like better Arnaud or Seb?? U have to choose lol!!

Lindsayfan
02-13-2004, 09:11 PM
I support France and Switzerland,France cos i luv all french players and Switzerland cos i'm going to settle there.
I think swiss players will choose carpet,which is Rogi's best surface (but every surface is good for Rogi).

Lizan
03-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Does anyone know when the next davis cup is??

cpuisette
03-26-2004, 11:40 AM
april, the 9. France is against switzerland

Lizan
03-26-2004, 12:35 PM
Oh okay, well that's pretty soon.. Will Guy Forget let Arnaud and Seb play doubles?

stephB
03-26-2004, 01:35 PM
i think he didnt decide yet.

KellyluvsGrosjean
03-26-2004, 02:46 PM
Seb :p , himself said that he would not play the doubles becoz he said he didn't play a lot of doubles :angel: >>

>>Même si vous avez gagné le premier Masters Series de l’année, ce n’est pas pour ça qu’on vous verra en double en Coupe Davis…

"Avec le simple, c’est assez compliqué. Il est très dur d’enchaîner les matchs sur trois jours. Mais au moins, Guy Forget sait maintenant qu’on peut très bien jouer ensemble. S’il y a malheureusement un blessé, ça peut être une solution de rechange. Mais de toute façon, nous ne sommes pas l’équipe de double de Coupe Davis. Nous avons gagné un gros tournoi en battant les meilleurs mondiaux mais ça ne va pas plus loin."

esther
03-27-2004, 05:42 AM
he didnt say that he WOULDNT...but he doesnt think he would coz theres still like nico and fabrice etc that would probably be better than him and arnaud but still theres always a chance...

i totally forgot DC is so soon!!!! its like in 2 weeks right? hmmm daylight savings ends today so there will only be an 8 hour difference betwen here and europe again i think :D

Marine
03-27-2004, 07:25 AM
And I won't see the crucial day on sunday, and maybe neither the first one... :banghead: :bigcry:

Lizan
03-27-2004, 01:28 PM
I need to ask something.. I like the way they this site looks now, it's really nice. But my question is about the "reputation pionts", what is that?? It's that yellow little picture with that guy in it lol under everyones name.. Does anyone know??

carole
04-09-2004, 08:30 PM
dargh.... suisse put Federer also in doubles :(
FRANCE HAS TO WIN THE DOUBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Else... i should start praying :unsure:

C'mon arnaud.... good luck in R4!!!!

Marine
04-09-2004, 08:41 PM
Seb listening to Guy from the box...very serious ! :)

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/afp_photo/20040409/sge.fwp12.090404145427.photo00.default-384x314.jpg

carole
04-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Seb listening to Guy from the box...very serious ! :)

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/afp_photo/20040409/sge.fwp12.090404145427.photo00.default-384x314.jpg

lovely picture :hearts:

irishface
04-09-2004, 10:19 PM
Bonjour Sébastien fans. I don't come here nearly often enough. :)

Have you seen this pic already? Doesn't he have the most beautiful eyes? Even if he does look like he's about to puke. :sad: Sorry if you've seen it, but it's cute enough to see again, I think.

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/reuters_ids/20040406/i/3018214377.jpg

Marine
04-10-2004, 07:24 AM
It's not a new pic....it's seb in the australian open after his retire against Agassi...sad but beautiful pic.

wilma
04-10-2004, 07:54 AM
Thanks Marine. for that pic. Must be difficult for Seb to not be able to do anything - except cheering, of course.

Lizan
04-10-2004, 01:43 PM
Yey they just broke in the third set.. It's soooo important that they win this double..

For me too, I might get to see them on tv next davis cup, as Holland gets beaten big time :sad:

ubrunjensen
04-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Marine, do you support Monaco??? Sorry, can't speak to you anymore, then, as Monaco just beat my beloved merengues from Real Madrid!!! LOL, am only joking! I hate that they lost, but I always liked Morientes and I still think the club treated him in an unfair manner! Good for Morientes to advance in the CL, but it's hideous to think that Real Madrid might not win anything this year...the overpaid, overrated wankers!

Lizan
04-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Oh nooooo, Switserland broke back :sad:

Lizan
04-10-2004, 01:56 PM
OHHHHHHH YESSSSS France is up 2 sets to 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon pleazzzzzzzzzz

Marine
04-10-2004, 04:08 PM
Sorry, yes I'm a huge fan of Monaco and I hate Real madrid do I was the happier fan on tuesday.... :)
Morientes is great, that's a pity he comes back to Madrid the next season...

esther
04-11-2004, 08:41 AM
*sigh* Irish. that was the photo that made me cry after he retired!!! That was depressing.

oh well so much for having an injury free year...Maybe next year?!!!!!!!!! We can only be hopeful.

Lizan
04-11-2004, 10:27 AM
Maybe he IS faking it :P lol.. Wouldn't be so weird right.

xuzizhen
04-11-2004, 03:51 PM
Sorry, yes I'm a huge fan of Monaco and I hate Real madrid do I was the happier fan on tuesday.... :)
Morientes is great, that's a pity he comes back to Madrid the next season...

haha me too Marine
coz i support didier deschamps and i hate RM (kicking FCbayern out)

carole
04-11-2004, 05:05 PM
yeees they won!

BIG problam to me: Who to support in the Ferrero-Grosjean match in semi-finals :confused: :confused: :confused:

I guess it'll be Juanqui winning (sorry guys..) so I'll probably support Sébastien :D

Lizan
04-11-2004, 05:11 PM
NO WAYYYYY SEB's going to win lol..

Where will they play?? In France or Spain (DON'T SAY SPAIN pleaz)

clem
04-11-2004, 07:09 PM
Yes Lisan unfortunatly they'll play in Spain! It doesn't matter they'll win, cause Séb will be there!!!

Lizan
04-11-2004, 10:28 PM
Nooo dammit, that's not soo great.. Again a match in Spain for me. (this time too)

You guys seen this picture?? Davis Cup, never cn it before..

stephB
04-11-2004, 10:36 PM
how sweet is this please???????????????????? thanks lizan!

KellyluvsGrosjean
04-12-2004, 04:10 AM
In the pic that Marine shows, I think... Seb looks even more serious than Nic... jejjejeeeeeeeeeee...:aplot:
Anywayz, WELL DONE THE FRENCH GUYX! :woohoo:Wooohooooo:woohoo:!!! Gonna do well in the Semi-Finals!!!
And for the Juan vs Seb match... I trust in Seb! Allez Seb! He can do it!!!
Oh... Irishface's pic- sad sad Seb! But it's really weird that his palm looks so small...! :o

ubrunjensen
04-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Bix, you can't be serious! How can you support Bayern München? Nooo, don't get me wrong, I'm just curious - I do understand that people are different and support different teams! LOL As a matter of fact, I'm even close to hating Real Madrid myself, right now, as the sorry bastards just lost 3-0 on HOMEGROUND to Osasuna...How pathetic is that?!

But I will take pity on you and stop ranting on about football - when I get going on my favourite subject I bore most people to death! Especially as I seem to be the only one around rooting for Real Madrid??? How come??? I feel rather isolated...

Back to tennis: I didn't even know about Davis Cup. Did they really beat Federer and co.? I'm pleasently surprised. So, it's Spain next? A worrying thought, the Spaniards aren't bad at playing tennis, and if it's going to be in Spain...but Grosjean will be back by then, and hopefully well recovered and eager to show his best! I'm confident that he can beat Ferrero, he beat him quite convincingly at last Wimbledon. What surface will the Spanish choose? Clay, I suppose. I'd prefer it to be hard court.

Lizan
04-12-2004, 04:47 PM
No, I'm sure they will play on Clay.. Ferrero and Moya, if you ask me the number one and 5 or so on clay.. They definitly can win double (france).. so they have to win two singles.. I'd say Seb should beat Moya and Clement Moya as well. They CAN beat Moya I guess..

xuzizhen
04-13-2004, 11:35 AM
hehe ulla to tell u the truth i've beening a Bayern fan for almost 7 years(since 1997) but that's because i support the french national team, understand?

As for DC semifinal, that will will be played 24-26 September

Marine
04-13-2004, 11:47 AM
hehe ulla to tell u the truth i've beening a Bayern fan for almost 7 years(since 1997) but that's because i support the french national team, understand?

Uhh :confused:

What do you think about Bixente ?? :D :drool:

wilma
04-13-2004, 01:39 PM
I thought Seb didn't want to play for DC anymore after the first two rounds :confused: Has he changed his mind?

clem
04-13-2004, 03:33 PM
Sébastien fixé jeudi
Après avoir passé le week-end à Lausanne avec ses coéquipiers de l’équipe de France de Coupe Davis, Sébastien est parti à Marseille pour se ressourcer. Le n°1 français reviendra sur Paris mercredi matin et effectuera des examens médicaux jeudi. « Je me sens aujourd’hui en meilleure forme, nous a expliqué Sébastien en début de journée. Maintenant, je n’ai plus qu’à attendre jeudi et l’analyse du médecin pour savoir si je peux jouer à Monte-Carlo. Si la réponse est positive, je pars dans le sud vendredi. » Forfait face à la Suisse, Sébastien a tout de même pu faire apprécier son esprit d’équipe en assistant à la qualification de ses coéquipiers, ce qui n’a pas échappé à son grand ami, Arnaud Clément. « C’était un plus d’avoir Seb à nos côtés tout au long de la semaine. Par son expérience, son calme et sa vision extérieure, il nous a beaucoup aidés. C’est super sympa de sa part d’être resté avec nous. On a réussi à s’imposer à deux reprises cette année sans lui mais on espère sincèrement qu’il sera avec nous contre l’Espagne. Parce que quand il est sur le terrain, il est toujours très bon. Et contre l’Espagne, on va avoir besoin de lui. »

I want to see him!!!Séb where are you in Marseille???!!!

Marine
04-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Thanks Clem.
C'est mimi ce qu'a dit Arnaud ! :) :)

esther
04-14-2004, 03:03 AM
thats such a cute photo of guy kissing seb, lizanne!!

Translation of that seb article: (i told you u could have visited SEb in marseille, marine!!!! ;) ;) )

After spending the weekend at Lausanne with his teammates of the French DC team, Sebastien left for marseille to recuperate. The number one French player will come back to Paris on Wednesday morning to get more tests done for Thursday. I feel that i'm in better form today," Seb told us at the start of the day. "All i have to do now is wait to see what the doctor says to see if i can play Monte Carlo. If he says i can, then i'll leave for the south on Friday."

Forfeiting against the Swiss, Sebastien did all he could to help his fellow teammates. As Arnaud, one of his best friends said, "It was a huge plus to have Seb with us during the week. His experience, his calm nature and his outside perspective all helped us. It was really nice to have him stay with us. We've been able to win two ties without him, but we all really hope that he'll be able to play the next tie against Spain. Because when he's on the court, he always plays well. And against Spain, we are really going to need him. "

ubrunjensen
04-14-2004, 06:57 AM

I'm not sure I do? Bayern don't have that many French players. And please remember that Germany used to beat France back in the 80's! So I could never support a German team - unless, of course, Figo or Raúl should ever join the Bundesliga...and I don't see that coming in the near future! I'm sorry, but I still have vivid memories of Germany beating France in the semis in World Cup 1986 - a nightmare - and poor Platini so deserved to win the damn title before retiring!

Marine
04-14-2004, 07:51 AM
(i told you u could have visited SEb in marseille, marine!!!! ;) ;) )

You're right ! lol ...but u know, if really I want to see him, I leave near Paris. ;)

esther
04-14-2004, 09:24 AM
thats true, marine lol
u'd have more of a chance where u are anyway!

zyim333
04-16-2004, 08:58 AM

sorry, i just couldnt help being off the topic...
then bix ,why dont u support Arsenal FC coz they have Robert Pires &Thierry Henry who are the talented players of FRENCH soccer team .and for sure Arsenal FC does so well this season and the two French player have just said that they will do their best in Portugal.
:confused:
or maybe u dont like the FA 's style?

zyim333
04-16-2004, 09:24 AM
I'm not sure I do? Bayern don't have that many French players. And please remember that Germany used to beat France back in the 80's! So I could never support a German team - unless, of course, Figo or Raúl should ever join the Bundesliga...and I don't see that coming in the near future! I'm sorry, but I still have vivid memories of Germany beating France in the semis in World Cup 1986 - a nightmare - and poor Platini so deserved to win the damn title before retiring!

well ulla , real madrid has so many shining stars especially zinane & carlos .i do believe we can enjoy football when watching real madrid's matches .
although it is held by someone that it is like a united world team , in Portugal ,they all have to go back to their national team and play for honors.
actually it is after RG ,and i am looking forward to JUNE so eagerly. :wavey:

Marine
04-16-2004, 09:55 AM
well ulla , real madrid has so many shining stars especially zinane & carlos .i do believe we can enjoy football when watching real madrid's matches .
although it is held by someone that it is like a united world team , in Portugal ,they all have to go back to their national team and play for honors.
actually it is after RG ,and i am looking forward to JUNE so eagerly. :wavey:

Don't forget Vieira in Arsenal !!
Titi Henri is soo good this year , I fear he lets his energy for the league and arrives to Portugal very tired...well, there is Trezeguet too :hearts:
And yes, june/july will be great months at tv !! RG, Euro, Wimbledon...and I'll be on holiday that's cool !!!!!!!

xuzizhen
04-16-2004, 03:23 PM
Uhh :confused:

What do you think about Bixente ?? :D :drool:

oui,liza,il est mon jouer préféré dupuis 1996. :angel:

Marine
04-18-2004, 06:10 PM
oui,liza,il est mon jouer préféré dupuis 1996. :angel:

I like him a lot too ! Do you know he will leave Bayern at the end of the season ? It's official.

xuzizhen
04-24-2004, 06:08 AM
sure!
domage! I really prefer that he go to Monaco!!