Agassi played his last match! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Agassi played his last match!

FedererGrandSlam
09-03-2006, 07:31 PM
A great career has come to an end!!!!!

B. Becker advances to the 4th round.

crazillo
09-03-2006, 07:34 PM
OMG Andres tears really caught me up. The last time I felt so bad for a player was at Maggie Maleevas retirement.

TenHound
09-03-2006, 07:36 PM
He endured his last match. The last match he actually played was v. Baggy :)

Becker played it smart - allowing AA to have his moment - not rubbing it in - avoiding boos...doing what he had to do to prevail - nothing more...

Naranoc
09-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Agree. He could have broken him more times, but there was no need to rub it in really.

kapranos
09-03-2006, 07:39 PM
What happened during his speech? I got distracted and then it was already over and he rushed out of the court without signing autograph. :eek:

salaryan
09-03-2006, 07:40 PM
i love the way BB gve his rspect by not using too much drop shots...

:P

goodie byes Andree...

FedererGrandSlam
09-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Agree. He could have broken him more times, but there was no need to rub it in really.
Mmmh I don't think this was intentional to be honest. :o

Let's not forget that Andre had a set-point and Becker's 2nd serve just clipped the line.

Tennis Fool
09-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Too bad Andre couldn't covert on set point, because Ben cramped on match point :tape:

BTW, did Andre curse on his way to the locker room? The sound went dead for a moment.

Eve83
09-03-2006, 07:43 PM
He endured his last match. The last match he actually played was v. Baggy :)

Becker played it smart - allowing AA to have his moment - not rubbing it in - avoiding boos...doing what he had to do to prevail - nothing more...

The boos were the best...imo they come in second right after `Roddick gets booed by French crowd because he had to wipe something out of his eye´ two years ago.

I am happy Agassi didn´t play Henin-Hardenne in his last match...drop shots, lobs all over the place;) Just kidding.

LLeytonRules
09-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Becker was all class in this match.Thanxs for the memories Andre.Enjoy your family now.U are one of the greats and people will remember your matches.

BAMJ6
09-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Damn, i don't know what to do about tennis now that the guy who got me exposed to it in the 90's is gone.

Roddick and Blake are good, but unless Blake gets to and beats Federer, there'll be a tennis void, especially with no opportunity for a pass the torch match

Björki
09-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Andre :worship: