Do players have better results when they're getting laid? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Do players have better results when they're getting laid?

Johnny Groove
09-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Ive always wondered about this. Around 03, Roddick was playing very well, and there must be a reason behind this :aplot: Also, Thunderlips Stepanek had some good results in the clay season, while dating Hingis. And Nadal's girlfriend was discovered by the paparazzi during Wimbly, where he subsequently made the final.

So what does everyone think? Do players play better when they're gettin some? Or worse? Is it relative?

Longshot
09-03-2006, 01:15 PM
I know you'd post better if you were getting some.

Johnny Groove
09-03-2006, 01:17 PM
I know you'd post better if you were getting some.

You should really think before you say something on a subject you know nothing about.

sharpeirob
09-03-2006, 01:21 PM
For people like Nadal, he cant walk properly for hours aferwards, so, yes it does :sad:

Lullaby
09-03-2006, 01:39 PM
Well murray won san jose the week he had no coach and was only with his girl ;)

scarecrows
09-03-2006, 01:44 PM
I think it depends on how much sex he has and how wild she is

I play better when I have had sex just once but if I've had all night+morning sex my legs feel numb and I cant move

R.Federer
09-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Maybe this explains why Scud has poor results on court

Kristen
09-03-2006, 02:24 PM
I think you could get a number of people together to test this hypothesis.
Don't think all the players would go for it though.

I would put my vote towards focus + determination + practice.

lordmanji
09-03-2006, 02:40 PM
judging by the way nadal fixes his underwear between matches -- which way does nadal actually swing?

Xristos
09-03-2006, 02:52 PM
I will tell you when I start getting some...

charlie666
09-03-2006, 02:53 PM
well, some studies show that athletes who have "a go" before a match, have their testosterone on a high and perform better due to that high level. Federers girlfriend must be A FOX :aplot:

adee-gee
09-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Another question could be : Do players have better results when their girlfriends are ugly?

Federer - Ugly girlfriend, great results.
Coria - Hot girlfriend, terrible results.

My theory is proved :D

scoobs
09-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Some studies also show than after sex, men tend to want to go to sleep while women want to talk.

So I would have thought - better to save it for after the match - as a reward, have it hard, fast and nasty and then catch some good zzz's :)

scarecrows
09-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Another question could be : Do players have better results when their girlfriends are ugly?

do you mean that when Coria was winning Masters and reaching GS finals was bumming some ugly chick instead????

Sinnet
09-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Furthermore, note that now that Andy and Maria are shagging behind closed doors, both Maria and Andy's results are improving. Hmmm. ;)

Kristen
09-04-2006, 02:58 PM
From tennisquotes.com....

Andre Agassi’s explanation that “sex doesn’t interfere with your tennis; it’s staying out all night trying to find it that affects your tennis.”

Chris Seahorse
09-04-2006, 09:33 PM

Too further support your theory, Melzer is apparently going out with Myskina and look at what he did at the US Open. I think when you have a girlfriend that hot tennis must end up seeming very unimportant.

Black Adam
09-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Ronaldo got laid before World Cup Final 2002 and he played one terrific game and onwards it became a habbit of being laid before games.

zicofirol
09-04-2006, 10:33 PM
I will tell you when I start getting some...
hahaha, yet another "game" where xristos cant win, hahahahahahaha