Hewitt 5 matches in 8 days [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Hewitt 5 matches in 8 days

dmit424
09-03-2006, 01:54 AM
If he wants to win. Vs. Djokovic on Monday. Ouch. That's alot of tennis. How the he11 do they push him that far? Didn't he play his last match before Agassi played Bag?

Ah well, at least maybe this means he really will be on Arthur Ashe and perhaps... it will be a night match? Or are Nadal, Fed, Roddick going to play two days in a row?

Deboogle!.
09-03-2006, 01:59 AM
If he wants to win. Vs. Djokovic on Monday. Ouch. That's alot of tennis. How the he11 do they push him that far? Didn't he play his last match before Agassi played Bag?

Ah well, at least maybe this means he really will be on Arthur Ashe and perhaps... it will be a night match? Or are Nadal, Fed, Roddick going to play two days in a row?Players from the bottom half will have to play Sunday and Monday. Hewitt's in no different position than anyone else in his section. The ones that are screwed are Safin/Nalbandian and Rochus/Sweeting, they will be playing 2R tomorrow when they should be playing 3R tomorrow.

dmit424
09-03-2006, 02:02 AM
Yeah, you're right. I just read that off the Aussie Yahoo Sports page, so obviously they only pointed out Hewitt's misfortunes.

Deboogle!.
09-03-2006, 02:03 AM
:haha: No surprise there :p

ezekiel
09-03-2006, 02:20 AM
don't worry he won't have to play 5 matches, quiet possibly only 1 more match and then he can go back to his family :wavey:

robinhood
09-03-2006, 02:27 AM
don't worry he won't have to play 5 matches, quiet possibly only 1 more match and then he can go back to his family :wavey:

:lol:
Hopefully he will win a few more.

dmit424
09-03-2006, 02:44 AM
My dream is for him to beat Agassi.

Agassi has to beat both Becker and Roddick... 50% probability IMO.

Hewitt has to beat Djoko and then Gasquet... 40% probability IMO.

Which make the probability of a Agassi/Hewiit matchup 20%, and which makes the probability of me seeing Hewitt defeat Agassi 10%... And then, ofcourse, there's the home-court advantage factor, which reduces the probability to about 8%, imo.

8% chance of my dream becoming reality.

robinhood
09-03-2006, 02:53 AM

Which make the probability of a Agassi/Hewiit matchup 20%, and which makes the probability of me seeing Hewitt defeat Agassi 10%... And then, ofcourse, there's the home-court advantage factor, which reduces the probability to about 8%, imo.

:hug:
Best of luck!

JW10S
09-03-2006, 02:57 AM
5 matches in 8 days--big deal. I don't feel too sorry for these professional athletes who are getting paid quite well to play on consecutive days.

TenHound
09-03-2006, 03:11 AM
The guy who Most loses is Marat - unfortunately. Stuck w/bad draw 'cuz of ranking & bad knees... :( But Hewitt's tendinitis won't help him much either...

Kristen
09-03-2006, 07:34 AM
It's a win-win situation.
He could keep winning, and do well...
He could lose, and would have an excuse to dodge Argentina.

Woe is Lleyton.

dmit424
09-03-2006, 09:06 AM
It's a win-win situation.
He could keep winning, and do well...
He could lose, and would have an excuse to dodge Argentina.

Woe is Lleyton.

I think Hewitt might actually get murdered while in Argentina. That would be unfortunate, as he is my favorite player.

atpSUPERMAN
09-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Hewitt has an annoying squeal everytime he serves so as an Agassi fan I'm very much praying I don't have to hear that. Although he would be a lot easier than Nadal.

dmit424
09-03-2006, 09:24 AM
Hewitt has an annoying squeal everytime he serves so as an Agassi fan I'm very much praying I don't have to hear that. Although he would be a lot easier than Nadal.

And Agassi blows his nose. I am sure his opponents love walking around knowing that Agassi's snot is somewhere under their feet.

Also, I agree that Nadal would be far far far tougher than Hewitt, but I believe Hewitt would come before Nadal. Nadal would only meet Agassi in the semis, were Andre to make it there.

DrJules
09-03-2006, 09:42 AM
The US Open is turning into a fitness contest rather than a tennis contest.

radics
09-03-2006, 09:48 AM

You meant Chiudinelli :devil:

BelgianWaffle
09-03-2006, 09:51 AM
The US Open is turning into a fitness contest rather than a tennis contest.
In that case, Marat is thoroughly screwed. :tape:

:shrug: It's the same for a lot of players. Unfortunate, but nobody can help it. At least they gave the 2nd round matches priority today. :tape:

scarecrows
09-03-2006, 09:54 AM
it's becoming 2003 all over again

build a damn roof idiots

bad gambler
09-03-2006, 10:15 AM
You just got to play the cards you are dealt with - tough luck to those players in the same position

Socket
09-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Scenario 1: MTF complaints about there being no roof over Ashe.

Response: USTA spend $80-100 million to build roof over Ashe (although it's more likely that they would spend $30-40 million for a roof over Armstrong -- per Matt Cronin)

Scenario 2: MTF complaints about only American players being scheduled on the roofed stadium, no players from [insert your nationality here]

Response: :banghead:

Andi-M
09-03-2006, 02:53 PM

:lol:

exactly Nole is the one in a situation not Lleyton :p

jes_021
09-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Scenario 1: MTF complaints about there being no roof over Ashe.

Response: USTA spend $80-100 million to build roof over Ashe (although it's more likely that they would spend $30-40 million for a roof over Armstrong -- per Matt Cronin)

Scenario 2: MTF complaints about only American players being scheduled on the roofed stadium, no players from [insert your nationality here]

Response: :banghead:

So true :lol:

sanpo
09-03-2006, 03:39 PM

:eek:

Have you applied for mensa membership? :p :lol:

lunahielo
09-03-2006, 03:44 PM
C'mn Lleyton!! Good luck!

dmit424
09-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Oh, wait, Hewitt is playing today...

What I was saying originally was that I thought he was playing on Monday, not today...

Deboogle!.
09-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Oh, wait, Hewitt is playing today...

What I was saying originally was that I thought he was playing on Monday, not today...Well if he wins today, he will play tomorrow too. Just like every other player in the bottom half.

dmit424
09-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Well if he wins today, he will play tomorrow too. Just like every other player in the bottom half.

Yeah. I don't know.

I just think I was extremely confused :cool:

Deboogle!.
09-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Yeah. I don't know.

I just think I was extremely confused :cool:well no worries there are plenty of people here who are more than willing to help un-confuse you :hug:

DrJules
09-03-2006, 06:40 PM
You just got to play the cards you are dealt with - tough luck to those players in the same position

A lot will depend on the luck players have with the draw and how their oppponents play. Andy Murray was a major beneficiary the other day playing Di Mauro who only won 2 games. When you have to play on successive days opponents who play that awfully are dream opponents.

dmit424
09-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Dammit, now I won't get to see Hewitt whoop up on A.A. I guess it'll have to be Richard or whoever Richard is playing.

DrJules
09-03-2006, 06:57 PM
Hewitt did not expend much energy on this match with Djokovic.